yui

Yui's AMA

Let's say we collaborated on a Let's Play. Which game would you pick to make a video for?

12 minutes ago, Thar said:

Let's say we collaborated on a Let's Play. Which game would you pick to make a video for?

The first thing that comes to mind is Portal 2. But I do not own Portal 2. The next thing that comes to mind is World of Warcraft, but that would mean giving Blizzard money which lol fuck that with a rusted fork. The third thing that comes to mind is Terraria, since I haven't actually explored a lot of what Journey's End has brought to the table yet and this would be a fine way to go along doing that.

Edited by Yui

13 minutes ago, ass said:

what if we kissed in ycm misc section

unless...

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

On 7/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, LordCowCow said:

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

#5 - The Anti-Yui

Spoiler

cLgnBrt.jpg

Haruka Hirasawa

Initially Haruka was just a side-project to Melethil, the healing elf trap from Bluefire. Haruka was the player behind Melethil, and I got curious about just what kind of person was behind the controls. At first she was a sassy prankster type, but I later settled on the basic concept of "toxic healer main" for Haruka, and later added more and more traits to effectively create somebody that was my mirror image, but still the complete opposite of me. Although she only appeared in one RP which I later left for several reasons, I usually keep my eyes peeled for chances to reprise my role as the anti-Yui, because getting to write a toxic piece of shit that hates everyone around her is quite the cathartic experience.

Persona: Philosophy of Man saw a lot of the building blocks implemented that turned Haruka from an idea into a fully-fleshed character, and luckily, none of those were specific to the RP itself in any way. From a loose thought to a sassy girl with an overall negative attitude, to the idea of creating my opposite number, Haruka had an astounding amount of development to her main traits for someone that only appeared in a single RP. While I don't miss the RP she was in, I do miss writing Haruka the most out of everyone on this list.

#4 - The Hero

Spoiler

i_literally_made_this_headshot_just_to_a

Nadia Penn

The idea of "a hero who can keep on fighting as long as she believes" has been integral to Nadia's design philosophy for as long as Nadia's existed. While she was overall a dramatically different character in her Emote debut than she was in literally all of her other appearances, the core traits and ability intents are still intact. If I were to make a tierlist of Yui characters by power, Nadia would absolutely be a top-tier character due to her near-invincibility, but this isn't Yui Talks Powers. A character that treats being a superhero as both their day job that they're super passionate about is a treat, and I'd argue that Nadia's even more interesting off the clock because she's just a regular person behind the mask.

Where I am in a superhero setting, Nadia somehow is never far behind, and it's for good reason.

#3 - The Two-For-One Package

Spoiler

fF5Pth9.pngeDHsMYD.jpg

Kokoro & Asuka Kurosawa

These two make the #3 slot as a pair, because the real attachment I have to either one is in the context of the other one existing too. Theoretically, Kokoro could have made it onto this list by herself, though. It's not something that gets brought up very often, but Kokoro is in fact one of my oldest characters that hasn't been lost to time or otherwise discarded, possibly even outdating Morgan O'Connor. While she's changed quite a lot from her origins as a simple yakuza heiress in a world without superpowers, both the original Kokoro and the current genocider who firmly believes she's doing the right thing are great characters. While this villain is great in her own right, every good villain needs a hero to challenge them, and that's where Asuka comes in.

Asuka is not what she was initially meant to be. Yes, she's still the child of a monstrous villain who's pretty sensitive about her heritage, but she sort of spontaneously became the cold analytical type, completely the opposite of her mother and not quite what I planned on doing at first. This was absolutely for the better, and Asuka is unquestionably the best writing I've ever done with a character, ever, and I'll be hard-pressed to one-up her. Much like Kokoro, Asuka could probably place on this list by herself, but the real value of these two is having them as a pair.

#2 - The New Blood

Spoiler

ayane.jpg

Ayane Ukemei

Although the newest addition to my roster alongside Yumi Omuro, Ayane has grown on me at incredible speeds and has done an amazing job doing so. The simplest, most basic intent behind making Ayane was to just have loud, stupid fun, and so far, she's passed that test with flying colors. Since she's a very new character, I don't have much to say about Ayane, but there's more to this edgy-aesthetic cinnamon roll than meets the eye.

#1 - The OG

Spoiler

0piUbz2.png

Morgan O'Connor

Morgan is the original and quintessential Yui character (from 2015 onward). Anything and nearly everything I make can be traced in some way back to her. The original Demon Blood - my most successful RP to date - was put together in a couple of hours literally just so I could play this character. That's the entire story behind my legacy. I wanted to RP a fireball-slinging, shotgun-toting lesbian with a short temper and a siscon problem. To say Morgan's had an influence on my RPing style is an understatement. If anything, she tore down how I used to operate and rebuilt it herself from the ground up. How could she be anything less than #1 on this list with that in mind?

23 minutes ago, (sans Geico) said:

When is it Yui Talks Powers time?

maybe later

If a bounty hunter tracked you down and they did the dance in your sig before they brought you in, would it be worth the trouble you went through to get a price on your head?

46 minutes ago, Waluigi said:
  1. What got you into RPing?
  2. What do you enjoy most about RPing?
  3. What question do you want to be asked most here? And what's the answer to it?

1: Good question, not sure. By my estimations, I've been RPing for at least 12 years, with a 1 year margin of error. I forget how I fell down the rabbit hole.

2: Worldbuilding. It's by far my strongest suit, and dare I say I'm the best at it on the site, and that's for a reason. I like doing it.

3: Another good question that I'm not sure on the answer to. Might come back to this one sometime, but probably won't.

30 minutes ago, Thar said:

If a bounty hunter tracked you down and they did the dance in your sig before they brought you in, would it be worth the trouble you went through to get a price on your head?

Only if I'm allowed to dance with them. In that case, absolutely.

13 hours ago, radio414 said:

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?

i thought long and hard about this, and have narrowed it down to three memes.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:59 PM, LordCowCow said:

What's a game/game series you regret getting into?

What's one you regret not getting into? (I was gonna say earlier but that'd probably be fgo)

I regret getting into World of Warcraft. I don't regret getting into Terraria.

a bump for the upcoming spooky month! let's get excited, everyone!

6 hours ago, ass said:

play league with me

no i'm finally clean. fucking hyde tried to sell me on reinstalling a few days aego (successfully) and i played like 5-10 games, and it no longer sparks joy. i'm clean, i'm detoxed, i'm finally free from rito.

1 hour ago, spookmaster yui said:

no i'm finally clean. fucking hyde tried to sell me on reinstalling a few days aego (successfully) and i played like 5-10 games, and it no longer sparks joy. i'm clean, i'm detoxed, i'm finally free from rito.

why do you hate me yui

6 minutes ago, ass said:

why do you hate me yui

❤️

1 hour ago, ass said:

play amongst us with me

sure. there's actually a discord server made mostly of ncm dudes for the express purpose of getting groups together for among us. will pm you a link.

5 minutes ago, Saikazo said:

Favorite Hades build?

Aspect of Gilgamesh fists backed up with Artemis boons. Especially when those boons include Hunter's Dash and Support Fire.