yui

Yui's AMA

10 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Anything you used to do more you sorta miss?

every now and then i'll feel a longing to play league of legends. i know that will ultimately be bad for me though so i don't do it.

Firing this one back at you, cause it's an interesting one:

What's one thing you did that you feel like you should regret, but you don't and are in fact quite proud of?

On 6/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, Thar said:

Firing this one back at you, cause it's an interesting one:

What's one thing you did that you feel like you should regret, but you don't and are in fact quite proud of?

the first time i did the Aglaia alliance raid in ff14, i did something against Nald'Thal - the last boss of the raid - and caused the entire 24-man raid to wipe

about 2/3s-3/4s into the fight, Nald'Thal will charge a special attack, indicated by him asking "Can you maintain the balance?" While charging this attack, every player has a weight assigned to them, like this.

FFXIV-041322-Aglaia-Naldthal-02.jpg?x314

While he's charging the attack, the players need to line themselves up to where the scales are balanced, before he unleashes the attack via a mid-battle cutscene. If the scales are balanced, it's a normal raidwide that punches all 24 players in the dick. If they're not balanced, however, everybody dies, and the mid-fight cutscene is long enough that there are no tank invulns or mitigations that you can use to sneak past it. The first time I fought Nald'Thal, I switched sides at the very last instant for reasons I can't recall, throwing off the balance and causing everybody to die. It wasn't something I did out of malice, but is regardless the single most chaotic evil thing I've ever done, and it's a very fond memory. 10/10, would wipe the raid again.

15 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

wtf is that gif

honestly the full scene leaves me with even more questions than the clip on its own

On 7/10/2022 at 5:38 PM, (o ×) said:

Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

🙂

22 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

if you could give one pokemon one move it doesn't normally have what would it be

give vaporeon defog

9 minutes ago, radio414 said:

What is the dancing flower in your avi from?

from what i can tell, it's some kind of children's toy. here's a video with a few of em lined up.

If budget and time weren't issues, what would be your dream game that you'd want to make that doesn't exist yet?

On 8/11/2022 at 9:07 PM, Thar said:

If budget and time weren't issues, what would be your dream game that you'd want to make that doesn't exist yet?

industrial fantasy jrpg starring girls in raincoats

alright so, got an elaborate one for you:

you have a "raincoat of many things", which is a variation of the "coat of many things" from D&D, which has many pockets. each pocket contains a small item or trinket of your choosing, all you have to do is think of it and it comes out when you reach in for it, but once you pull it out that pocket is expended and nothing comes out of it after that.

your raincoat has 5 of these pockets. which items would you pull out? I'd say each item can be no bigger than your palm, since that's what can fit into them

6 minutes ago, Thar said:

alright so, got an elaborate one for you:

you have a "raincoat of many things", which is a variation of the "coat of many things" from D&D, which has many pockets. each pocket contains a small item or trinket of your choosing, all you have to do is think of it and it comes out when you reach in for it, but once you pull it out that pocket is expended and nothing comes out of it after that.

your raincoat has 5 of these pockets. which items would you pull out? I'd say each item can be no bigger than your palm, since that's what can fit into them

oh wow a magical item made just for me!

1. philsopher's stone
  2. vial of poison
  3. another vial of poison
  4. smoke bomb
  5. noisy cricket

what's a specific talent you'd want to see at a talent show that you wouldn't normally see at one?

48 minutes ago, Thar said:

what's a specific talent you'd want to see at a talent show that you wouldn't normally see at one?

throat singing