yui

Yui's AMA

Just now, Saikazo May Cry said:

Yui, can I make a quick announcement?

no. am busy pissing on the moon.

1 hour ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Favorite Servant class and that class' Servant from the Fate/Stay series?

I don't really have any feelings that lean toward one class or another, but Assassin is pretty neat I guess. Favorite servant from that class - as well as a roughly-tied contender for favorite servant overall - is Jack the Ripper.

Similar to my previous question about Pokemon Types, which Pokemon move from the core game series (no spin-off like Mystery Dungeon), would you change, be either a buff or a nerf? For instance, change the base power (if any), accuracy and/or add, remove or modify an effect.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:21 AM, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Similar to my previous question about Pokemon Types, which Pokemon move from the core game series (no spin-off like Mystery Dungeon), would you change, be either a buff or a nerf? For instance, change the base power (if any), accuracy and/or add, remove or modify an effect.

I'd increase the healing from Ingrain to make it more worth using.

2 hours ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

What's the toughest endgame boss you have defeated, if any? And what's the one that you faced but couldn't beat?

Since he's to my memory the only endgame boss I was unable to defeat, I'm going to go with Emperor Doviculus from Brütal Legend for both of those questions.

57 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

How are you enjoying Fate/Grand Order?

quite a bit

On 6/19/2019 at 10:35 AM, Chaos Sonic said:

Favorite Servant class and that class' Servant from the Fate/Stay series?

Revisiting the first half this question since I've had a lot of exposure to Fate as a franchise over the last couple weeks. As far as Fate/Grand Order gameplay goes, my favorite class is Berserker. Outside of gameplay purposes though, I'm pretty fond of Archer as a class.

23 minutes ago, Yui said:

Revisiting the first half this question since I've had a lot of exposure to Fate as a franchise over the last couple weeks. As far as Fate/Grand Order gameplay goes, my favorite class is Berserker. Outside of gameplay purposes though, I'm pretty fond of Archer as a class.

This checks out, especially after we've talked FGO wise.

Now, new question: what are your thoughts on the YGO archetype Dragonmaid?

20 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

This checks out, especially after we've talked FGO wise.

Now, new question: what are your thoughts on the YGO archetype Dragonmaid?

We don't have enough effects revealed to know how they really operate, but the concept so far seems pretty neat. It's another cute girls archetype and I'm always down for more of those being added to Yugioh.

45 minutes ago, Thar said:

Favorite things in Terraria:

1. Build?
  2. Boss?
  3. Music?
  4. Biome?
  5. Non-boss enemy?

1: I like summon weapons the most, especially when I get the Cosmic Car Key later in the game and can get rid of trivial things like wings to focus all my accessories on raw damage. Summon also lets me dip into another class of my choosing for supplementary damage (even if it isn't much), and for that purpose, I like ranged weapons in particular. If I'm not playing summon though, I like magic weapons best simply because the devs gave them so many unique toys to play with.
2: Plantera
3: This is a toughie, because I like nearly all of Terraria's music for different reasons. If I had to pick only one track though, it would probably be the rain music. It's super chill and a very simple, calm, easygoing song.
4: Either the mushroom biome or the underground hallow, at least aesthetically.
5: Chaos Elemental

Out of all of the songs posted in your music rating threads, which have been your favorites and least favorites?

2 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

Out of all of the songs posted in your music rating threads, which have been your favorites and least favorites?

I'm only gonna base this off the ones in the current thread because I'll be fucked if I'm checking all 100+ cumulative pages on the old site. Luckily, even the OP suggestions from this thread alone add up to a fairly hefty list, totaling in at 43 songs. Picking least favorites is tough because I generally only post songs I really like and want to share with everyone else, but I've tried my best to do a top 5 and bottom 5 (both roughly ordered from favorite to least favorite).

Top 5

1. Akatsuki Records - Shout It Out Loud!!!
  2. Wind Rose - Diggy Diggy Hole
  3. Dryante Zan - Daughter of the Sea
  4. RD-Sounds - A-Yah-YAH-YaH-YAH!
  5. Ghost - Witch Image

Bottom 5

1. Danny Baranowsky - Mausoleum Mash
  2. Nyan Cat
  3. Inkya Impulse
  4. Thomas Benjamin Esq. - I've No More ... To Give
  5. Young Scrolls - Heimskr EDM

And a special mention to ExileLord - Soulless 5 in particular for serving as a pretty solid building block to sort the rest of the songs by. "Do I like it more than Soulless 5?" was a question I asked a lot and it really helped me when I had to sort all these out, even if the song itself ended up quite a bit lower on the list than I initially suspected it would, just barely scraping its way out of the bottom 5. I should reiterate though, that I really like all of these songs a lot; a song being at the bottom of the list doesn't mean I don't like it. Except the Heimskr one. I'm not especially nutty about that one, but I wanted to share it when I did simply for what it was.

I actually meant songs posted by everyone, which would've been significantly more work, but whatever

Can I borrow a dollar?

2 hours ago, Krow said:

why don't we play league anymore

because eternals are such a god-awful system that it turned us off to the whole-ass game? that's my current reason anyway.

how do you feel about vrains getting yeeted into the abyss in the most unceremonious sportsball way ever

3 minutes ago, Blake Eagle said:

how do you feel about vrains getting yeeted into the abyss in the most unceremonious sportsball way ever

thoroughly amused

4 minutes ago, Saikazo May Cry said:

What are your top five favorite Heroic Spirits from Fate?

I should note that I'm not factoring FGO gameplay into any of these.

Spoiler

dw2wlsbl1d501.jpg

Let's start strong with Jeanne d'Arc (Alter)

Considering Jalter is my current avatar, it should be no surprise she'll be in the top five. Heroes gone villains are my achilles heel for waifus, and Jeanne manages to hit that sweet spot perfectly with her wicked, dragon-happy counterpart. Anyone who wants to not only watch the world burn, but burn it themselves, has my hat off to them, and while it's true that Jalter's typical portrayal isn't much else besides the classic typical tsundere aside from her burning hatred, it's an old trope that's endured as long as it has for a reason. Because it's good. She's also living proof that regular Jeanne would be better off with short hair.

Spoiler

6f9939e614e5f1dc19e5bdfd17aaa951.jpg

Speaking of strong women wanting to burn things, let's talk about Berserker of El Dorado

I won't go into the nitty-gritty of her true name or her place in legend thereof, so this will be brief. And the short of it is: If it arouses you and also scares you just a little bit, it's perfect. El Dorado is also able to mostly keep it together despite her Berserker class, which makes me very happy because that's one less zerker groaning and growling at everyone like somebody having a bad bath salts trip.

Spoiler

ad3b7f3203bf3c44b324f306ed0d3ade.jpg

Rama

Rama works his way into the top three through sheer conviction alone. To tl/dr the important parts of his legend, Rama was a king who did some shit and somebody didn't like that, so they cursed him to never see his wife Sita again, ever. Although Rama and Sita are both Heroic Spirits, Sita can only manifest in the Archer class, which happens to also be the class Rama is strongest in. So what does best husband do? Purposefully manifests in the Saber class instead every time he's summoned, just on that impossible off-chance that maybe, MAYBE when someone summons an Archer while he's out and about, it's Sita. He also just in general is cool as fuck.

Spoiler

aQ3Kb4e_700b.jpg

Your own waifu, Mordred

If my old RP habits and general taste in waifus are anything to go by, I like girls who like to leap into action themselves, and are more than capable of doing so with overwhelming force. The kind that doesn't give up, feels more than she thinks, but still manage to keep a smile on their face and joy in their heart instead of wallowing in anger all the time. Does that sound familiar? Because Mordred fits all of that to a T, so it's hardly surprising that she'd work her way this high up the list. The presence of herself plus a handful of other servants in Apocrypha are what rallied me to want to watch it at all, which in turn is the reason I started watching the various Fate anime in the first place. Quite an accomplishment!

Spoiler

tumblr_pbtl6dv9Qc1rt6jeso1_500.jpg

The tragedy of Oda Nobunaga being my favorite Servant is she's one of the few I explicitly cannot have in FGO.

Oda Nobunaga also happens to be among my favorite historical figures, so a Servant by the same name being in my #1 spot might not be a surprise, even if she isn't necessarily the same Nobunaga as in our timeline. Everything about Nobu just sort of happened perfectly, as if the stars aligned to make the perfect Servant for yours truly. She has a serious side, but mostly just struts about being a living shitpost. She has some of the traits I mentioned previously about Mordred, namely taking action for herself and keeping from just being a walking anger machine. Archer happens to be my favorite class, even if this list might not indicate that. And of course, gun. Lots and lots of gun.

If Jalter told me "get in loser, we're gonna burn the world" I'd probably hesitate. If Mordred told me "get in loser, we're getting King Arthur's approval", I might pass. If Nobunaga told me "get in loser, we're unifying the nation by force" I would get in without a second thought.