Sign in to follow this  
Azure

Azure's Fire Emblem Fates runs.

Been doing these since May on and off and so I'm not constantly doing any post about it in statuses, why not make a thread. The rules of the runs are fairly simple in that they are played on Revelation Lunatic, must use Corrin and whatever unit I am S-supporting and that child units must be recruited, but aren't required to be used.

Anyway, time for the list of all completed runs. Currently doing all Male Corrin pairings first as it means I can mash the A-button through the Branch of Fates start, until I need to choose the Boon/Bane + Talent. Runs are sorted based on order of completion. All the more recent runs, from Hana down, you can probably give or take a couple of minutes due to luck of getting more crits/skill procs or me getting distracted. 

Spoiler

Felicia: Time: 8 hours 8 minutes / Average Level: 37 / Total Skills: 48

Mozu: Time: 8 hours 28 minutes/ Average Level: 37.33 / Total Skills: 48

Sakura: Time: 6 hours 22 minutes / Average Level: 38.33 / Total Skills: 39

Elise: Time: 5 hours 21 minutes / Average Level: 38.33 / Total Skills: 39

Anna: Time: 5 hors 11 minutes / Average Level: 38 / Total Skills: 41

Flora: Time: 4 hours 59 minutes / Average Level: 35.33 / Total Skills: 33

Azura: Time: 4 hors 49 minutes / Average Level: 37,25 / Total Skills: 48

Hana: Time: 4 hours 12 minutes / Average Level: 35.33 / Total Skills: 38

Rinkah: Time: 4 hours 6 minutes/ Average Level: 35.67 / Total Skills: 37

Orochi: Time: 4 hours 21 minutes / Average Level: 37.33 / Total Skills: 36

Kagero: Time: 4 hours 3 minutes / Average Level: 35.33 / Total Skills: 38

Reina: Time: 3 hours 52 minutes / Average Level: 37.67 / Total Skills: 36

Oboro: Time: 3 hours 37 minutes / Average Level: 36.33 / Total Skills: 37

Camilla: Time: 3 hours 41 minutes / Average Level: 38.67 / Total Skills: 38

Selena: Time: 3 hours 25 minutes / Average Level: 36.33 / Total Skills 35

Beruka: Time: 3 hours 29 minutes / Average Level: 35.33 / Total Skills: 34

Effie: Time: 3 hours 37 minutes / Average Level: 36 / Total Skills: 32

Charlotte: Time: 3 hours 18 minutes / Average Level: 35.33 / Total Skills: 37

Nyx: Time: 3 hours 20 minutes / Average Level: 36 / Total Skills: 39

Setsuna: Time: 3 hours 31 minutes / Average Level: 35.67 / Total Skills: 36

Hinoka: Time: 3 hours 28 minutes / Average Level: 35 / Total Skills: 36

Peri: Time: 3 hours 18 minutes / Average Level: 35 / Total Skills: 33

And with the list done, time for a small bit about the Camilla run. Having good growths as well as being a pre-promote means the run was fairly easy, and by all means should've beaten Oboro in the time department, but I went to sleep and then made the stupid decision the next day to get Kana before doing chapter 16 + 17 requiring me to grind out support points on challenge maps instead of actual chapters. Should've been faster, though still would've performed worse in the level department, as Kana wasn't actually used until chapter 18 due to those maps being simple boss rushes and Camilla being 11 levels higher at base also didn't help in that regard.

Edited by Azure

Selena's run is done. with a nice 3 hours 25 minute completion time. Almost forgot to get her Aether, remembering at chapter 25, which was thankfully enough to get the three levels required in Great Lord. Next up is Beruka to see if Camilla will be outdone by both her retainers.

Most definitely, as the first couple were my first attempts at a Fire Emblem game not on Normal/Casual, so I was playing more cautiously and there was probably more faff as I didn't really have any set plans for any skills or classes. For example, Chapter 26 I'm fairly certain I played horribly in Felicia's and Mozu's run, such as trying to get all the chests when I didn't need to while also not having Pass, leading to getting stuck in a corner due to Malig Knights using Lunge, leading to probably 15+ minute levels, which I've now got down to at most 2 by just bee lining for Gunter. Also probably left the DS awake as opposed to putting it to sleep when I needed to look something up, which would've added to time. Fairly certain if I were to do the earlier runs again I'd be able to knock the times down to around the 4 hour mark if not lower. Mozu would still probably require a couple of levels so she can actual deal damage to enemies, but has great growths even before Aptitude.

I've got Corrin down to a T now, such as buying Renewal and using 2 Boots and 1 of the Dragon Herbs before starting Chapter 7 and then Dragonstone tanking til Chapter 9, where I then reclass to Dread Fighter for the rest of the game. The S support I also get Renewal on as soon as I can, then reclass into Dread Fighter/Witch, and use an Arms Scroll if needed. Then attempt Before Awakening. Lengthy Chapters are 7/9/10/18/25, with 20 and 23 being lengthy if you don't have a flier. 

Beruka's run is done, coming in 4 minutes slower than Selena, while completing it at a lower level with fewer skills. The annoying part is, that the time would be basically the same if I didn't decide to faff around with the armoury to see if getting a +3 shuriken was feasible. It was not, as I don't get enough Coral and Emerald to convert to Quartz. Would've been nice if I started with a Quartz Spring as I don't use naginatas. Next on the list is Effie, who looking entirely at stats should be similar to Beruka.

Finished my Effie run, coming in at 3 hours 37 minutes, tying with Oboro, though at an ever so slightly lower average level and fewer skills. Chapter 14 was a bit of a pain, as Effie is kinda eh for the chapter, the +3 to all stats after dumping all my stat boosters isn't enough to prevent her dying to the Paladin reinforcements. Also not having 2 Replicate users is annoying as it means Corrin's Replica has no unit in pair up. So it took a few attempts. Well, the next run is another Chapter 14 recruit and a more annoying one as Charlotte isn't gained when you start the chapter.

Charlotte's run is now done, being 7 minutes faster than my previous best of Selena's. Chapter 14 once again proves to be slightly irritating as the first group of Paladins are annoying when you only have Corrin and their Replica to use, but otherwise a fairly nice run as I didn't do many resets on maps. 4 more runs to do and then I'm finished all the Male Corrin pairings, with the next one being Nyx.

Usually the later I get the unit the more I am going to end up using Pair Up due it being safer when getting support points. Units like Charlotte who I get part ways through a map, I'll usually just use in pair up until the next map when I can easily boost their stats via the items gained in Chapter 10 without wasting turns. Otherwise it depends, I'll stick with Attack Stance I'm only in range of one enemy to ensure that I get the kill, if there is more than one enemy or I can't get the kill I'll stick in pair up. After getting to Valla and I've got a unit reclassed into a flier I'll usually just stick to pair up to help deal with any Master Ninjas I might no out speed, and to help move round the maps easier.

Finished my Nyx run last night, at a time of 3 hours 20 minutes. Was thinking this run would be harder due to Nyx's base stats for her join time, but after getting a few levels alongside a Bolt Naginata does a fair amount of work. Next run is Setsuna, who should perform similar to Rinkah though with a better time due to general improvement tweaks, still have to deal with terrible Strength growths which is a pain.

After taking a break for a couple of days, I've finished my Setsuna run, which has did take slightly longer than the previous couple, with a time of 3 hours 31 minutes. There was a bit of bad luck in a few chapters, and Chapter 16 did take a bit longer due to getting blocked after getting up to Setsuna so I couldn't kill Hans as quickly. Nearly half way done with all these runs, with just Peri and Hinoka left and that is all of Male Corrin's pairings done. Hinoka should hopefully perform better than Setsuna due to the better growths in everything but Speed, and has better base stats.

Hinoka's run is now finished, at a time of 3 hours 28 minutes and an average level of 35, putting her a minute faster and a level lower than Beruka. Think I've now gotten to the point where it is going to be hard to get sub 3 hours with how I am currently doing the runs, as they all start with a base 43 minute time due to using Branch of Fate. Just need Peri to do, which should have a faster chapter 16 as I don't have to start going up to rescue Setsuna/Hinoka.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, LordCowCow said:

I expect Peri to go pretty well given starting as a cavalry class and pretty good stats/skills at base iirc

To answer this, Peri ties with Charlotte with a time of 3 hours 18 minutes, while at a lower level and fewer skills. While Peri was fairly eh on the map you get her due to having wait a couple of turns before you get her, meaning there are a bunch of Paladins/Great Knights on top of you so Peri would die fairly quickly. But after that she performed very well, in part due to great level ups. Didn't spend much time in a cavalry class as I went into Great Lord for Aether, then into Falcon Knight to make Chapter 23 quicker. Kinda annoyed that without doing an extra map I couldn't S-support Peri before then as flying over the forests is quicker than going around. Laslow, Odin, Niles and Azama are in a similar situation as they don't have Sky Knight or Wyvern Rider as a secondary class. But that is now all the Male Corrin runs done, meaning I now have 1 more map to do, so next run is Jakob.