LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [OOC / PG-16 / Co-Hosted by Sethera / Complete]

UFAmjG3.png

logo by Sethera

Co-hosted by Sethera

Rules

Spoiler

All site and RP rules apply, you should know all this by now and if you don’t stop what you’re doing and check.

I have final say, however I can be lenient if you give reasons and are calm and polite.

Complaints that are not calm and polite will be ignored totally, I know you all are mature enough to explain what’s wrong. I love feed-back so if there’s ever a question or concern feel free to ask here or in PM. I don’t bite.

If you do not post for several days when you’re needed to post, and cannot provide a reason, I reserve right to move your character.

Be reasonable and understand that things happen a certain way for a reason.

This will be a PG-16 RP to allow for greater freedom. Death happens, bad things happen, good things happen, stuff happens.

Might have to cut off applications at a certain point, we don’t want too many running around.

Have lots of fun, that’s what we’re here for right?

Plot

Spoiler

In the Gijinka world there is a myth that states if you defeat 6 of the Legendary Gijinka in battle you will ascend and become a Legendary yourself. Legends are god-like beings, capable of affecting the very world to some degree and defeating just one is no simple task. It is said if you find one it will give you a quest, complete it and you will be granted an opportunity to fight their mortal form.

However no one had actually seen a legend in modern times, so many discounted the myth as just a myth. There were those who were determined to find them, known as Chasers, but no traces were ever found.

And then it happened. Almost a year ago a Legend had fallen, not just beaten but slain, by an unknown assailant.

Suddenly the hunt was on, swarms of Gijinka gathered in teams to find the no-longer so elusive Legends. But there were problems. One was that the Legends, while suddenly more out in the open, were also more guarded than ever before. The other was this mysterious Gijinka, or multiple Gijinka, who killed the Legend. They were still out there somewhere and they were on the prowl.

You are a Gijinka who are, for one reason or another, on an adventure. You may be part of a team already or looking to find one. But one thing unites you all. The quest for the Legends.

So here it is folks, trying this RP hosting thing again with a Pokemon Gijinka RP! Now I will be totally honest I don’t have everything completely figured out but I am perfectly capable of working out the details.

So more or less the idea is that you will be playing a Gijinka, which is a humanized version of a Pokemon, who is a Chaser. You can be solitary or part of a team with other RPers. You will be drawn together for some reason, and work with the other RPers in some fashion to find the Legends. Which Legend you go after will be up to you. Be warned that there are many who want to find them so battles can break out at any time. Be it for supplies, or information, or just to eliminate the competition. Not to mention there’s a mysterious Legend killer out there.

You will be starting out in or near Oasis. It is nearly a year since the Legendary Volcanion was slain and news that someone had beaten another legend spread. The Chaser claiming this has arrived at Oasis to share his tale and, while many Chasers ignore it as hot air, there are plenty, including yourself, who decided to see what he has to say.

The Gijinka

Spoiler

Gijinkas, as previously mentioned, are a humanized version of Pokemon.

They tend to have powers that mimic the moves from the games, and many have animal/monster-like features to them. They often have physical and/or mental abilities that surpass humans, even the weakest among them.

They can handle multiple attacks from other Gijinka before their bodies start to fail. It varies however (partially based on the Pokemon it's based on stats, and also the strength of the attack and attacker). For instance a typical Gijinka can withstand several average strength Slash attacks on their body.

In this RP your character will have up to four powers related to moves that the Pokemon it is based on can learn. They also will have a fifth power that you can come up with yourself, unique to your Gijinka. (Thanks to Keto for this idea)

And here's a bit of an...unusual addition. Your Pokemon can be a first stage, second stage, third stage, or even a baby Pokemon. I'm a believer that power level can be low and high in the same RP with things still running smoothly. Putting a lot of faith in you all for this one but I know we can make it work and it'll be more interesting for it.

The Region

Spoiler

The Adarid Region, a remote region that has little contact with the others and has been a place of adventure for as long as anyone could remember. Gijinka of all shapes and sizes thrive here.

The land has a latent, almost magical, aura about it. And things that seem to defy logic are normal here. Such as deserts near snow covered mountains and even floating cities!

Map

Ot802lJ.png?1

Full Size Map: http://i.imgur.com/drm3rbA.png

Each tile=1 day travel for the average Gijinka.

Southshore: The only large city in the western forest, half of the city is in the trees itself. Rope bridges and hollowed out trees are abundant. On the eastern side is a cleared out section of land that houses the dock.

Oasis: A large city, with literally zero buildings above one floor. All of the buildings are simple and small and have slanted roofs. There’s a large pool of water in the center where a single, seemingly out of place, palm tree grows. This has become a sort of Mecca for Chasers as it’s where the slain Volcanion was found.  http://i.imgur.com/ShMYnIv.png

Merm: An unusual underwater city, only accessible through the kelp pond. The city itself is a beautiful place, inside of a large dome, with strangely shaped and colored buildings. The people are friendly but its leader is somewhat paranoid and outsiders are closely watched.

Coldharbour: As the name implies Coldharbour is a cold...harbor. It’s also a famous trade city, people from all over come here to sell their wares due to the fact it’s located in the middle of the break between the north and south sides of the western area. And as more and more traders came it kinda snowballed from there. There’s massive piles of snow on the edges of the city, since the city itself is kept relatively clear of the stuff.

Fryst: The city itself isn’t anything remarkable, except for the amount of people who make it their home (being one of the only truly habitable areas of the tundra). But the wall surrounding the city is massive, three walls reach up to amazing height, which is farther enhanced by the thing spires on each corner.

Mount Icecrown: No one goes to this mountain. No one. It’s said to be home of many vicious and bloodthirsty beasts. Plus it’s a dangerous trail, filled with narrow frozen walkways and every step risks a landslide. At the top is said to be a fabulous jewel but this is all a rumor. Of course you know how rumors turn out in Adarid....

Deku: You’ll never see a more wretched hide of scum and villainy. This place is a run down city where everyone thinks everyone is out to get them and everyone is right. Watch your purse as you travel through this city. Sadly it’s the only place to stock up on supplies after leaving the tundra. There is a gambling den in the heart of the city, filled with chets and scrubs.

http://i.imgur.com/SkhE70b.png

Juyu: The flattest city in all of Adarid. The residents take pride in the fact that every spot from one end of the city to the other is completely flat. This city is famous for two other things. One, being the first place that hosted a gay marriage, between a female Stunfisk and Vaporeon Gijinka. And two, because it’s located at a crossroads between three other large cities. It, like Coldharbour, is in prime location to get many adventurers passing through. It’s a great place for musical talent as well, and musicians flock here to play in their weekly music festival.

http://i.imgur.com/uHwwHfP.png

Pride Rock: This city has no actual buildings, just rocky areas that people use as homes. It’s home of the Great Pyroar King, where he rules his people with a gentle but firm hand, and boundless charisma. His brother, a Luxray Gijinka, is a clever and capable military commander. Many say he’s trying to convince the King to ally with the Mightyena that live nearby and take more territory. This city is filled with many bizarre and unique fruit, which many of the residence ignore as they’re mainly meat-eaters. So it’s a great place for cheap fruit. A wise Ambipom Gijinka is said to be able to tell the future...

Adarid: The capital city, and the most important city in the land. It’s the first city to ever be created and from the start scholars have been piling knowledge into the Grand Library, Voile. This also has the largest training ground in all the land, as well as an arena for people to test their might. Soldiers can be seen patrolling almost constantly. Flanked by the Skul mountains it’s quite possibly the safest place in the region. Poverty does exist, however, in the northern side of the city the houses get more shoddy and the people more hungry. However the patrolling soldiers tend to keep people out of that area when they can.

Adarid has a fleet of wagons that can be rode to travel faster through the city. If you're going halfway across the city, it's 50 Poke, anything more, 120. They are very popular so it's sometimes hard to get to one. But it cuts the time down drastically, taking several hours to travel halfway, instead of the day or two on foot.

http://i.imgur.com/9MBq3fB.png

Trailsau: Only the craziest and most reckless of Gijinka make Trailsau their home. It’s a dangerous place that is constantly under attack by feral Gijinka and wildlife. The homes are made of stone and fights break out constantly for the "best" locations. No one is ever able to explain what location is best though. Through the city is the only way to enter the volcano, and this is also the best place to find a challenging fight. The people here know the caves that lead to the Underground better than anyone.

Hido Volcano: A massive, active, volcano located smack dab in the midst of Trailsau. There’s a small entrance at the foot of the volcano, protected by the people of Trailsau. This is the one place people know for a fact there’s a Legend, as he makes himself known every once in a while, challenging the very world to fight him. However the location means not many Chasers have attempted this, and none have lived.

Northshore: A beach paradise, located next to a jungle. Many people come here for a vacation spot due to how absolutely gorgeous it is. Most of the city is taken up by the beach, and the rest of it is mostly restaurants and hotels. The strange location means that it’s also heavily guarded by mercenaries hired by a mysterious benefactor.

Mowloo: They said a city in the jungle was impossible. They were kinda right. Instead of the usual buildings and other fixations of normal civilization, Mowloo is constructed on the trees of the dense jungle surrounding it, effectively making it a "canopy city" on the top layer. It’s built on a platform that’s held up by a giant net. Beneath is a small establishment of primitive Gijinkas that aid the Mowloo locals in surviving the jungle in exchange for higher technology and other accommodations of current society. It’s said these primitives know much about the legends, but none have been able to get anything out of them, and the locals protect them.

Alpha and Omega: There are several villages in the area called the “deadland" but these are the biggest. The residents are...unusual. They claim that spirits inhabit their bodies. Not just Ghost type Gijinka but true spirits. These spirits evidently demand many unusual practices and rituals that seem weird, silly, or even disgusting, to outsiders. But the people there are very welcome of outsiders. They enjoy having outsiders in their villages. They enjoy it very much. Very. Much.

They have a rivalry with each other, maybe because they're so similar, but no one is sure what it's about and how they compete. If you bring it up they'll just laugh. However they truly hate the other village.

Weynon: The people of Weynon are quite arrogant...and no one is sure what for. They keep their city very nice and well-kept, but it's a fairly average city despite the tall trees that surround it. They make good woodcraft but other than that it's a very unremarkable place. Yet despite this the people there insist it's the greatest city in all the land. “Much better than that WESTERN forest" they're wont to say.

Ogren: A city built on top of the swamp, it's made up entirely of large rafts tied together. A strong enough wind could very well topple them but the people of Ogren are fearless and a little bit strange. They are for the most part friendly and normal Gijinka. However they almost obsessively worship something they call “The Great Green One", so much that they even pray to it every night and deliver their marriage vows in his name. For the Great Green One is love, they say. They're known far and wide to be the best cooks in the world, especially their onion soup.

Mioter: Possibly the most amazing city in all of Adarid. It’s located above an island in the middle of large area of water. Yes, above. For Mioter is a floating city. It’s kept aloft by the power of the Psychic types that make it their home. Every Psychic in the city is passively helping the cause but there is always a group that is focusing on keeping it afloat. Some day it’s out of pride, but the people there say it’s to honor the legends. Mioter has the most lavish shrine to the Legends in all the land, and many famous Chasers come from here. On the island below in the small port city there is a transporter that brings Gijinka up to the main city, directly to the headquarters of the Shadow Guard. A group of Dark types tasked with making sure the powerful Psychics that the city trains do not take advantage of their position of power. The leader of the Psychics is a young but charismatic Gallade while the leader of the Shadow Guard is a cold and disliked Spiritomb.

Skuldafn: An isolated city nestled between impassable mountains and the vast ocean, Skuldafn is identifiable by towering black spires, spectacularly-carved statues of many dragon-type species of Gijinka, and a population almost entirely composed of dragon-types. Other types are largely unwelcome here - there have been cases where fairy-types were pelted with rocks simply for entering - but the locals treat their fellow dragons with unmatched respect and kinship. Those who are born here seldom leave, and those who visit commonly do so simply to say they have.

There's an ancient ruin deep in the mountain, the entrance which is guarded by the chieftain of the village. Some say it has been there since the dawn of time.

Eligible Gijinka

Spoiler

Once more I'll explain this.

I'm allowing Gijinka from level 5 to level 40. From baby Pokemon to fully evolved.

However the combined level of your two cannot be more than 45.

A lower level Gijinka can beat a higher level if you write it well

Don't worry about evolution levels, some are really high and I will allow lowering of the evolution level. But only to a certain extent. No level 15 Volcarona for instance.

Application

Spoiler

Feel free to add other things that you’d like, and fancy it up if you must, but this is the basic idea.

You’re allowed two characters maximum.

ONLY HAVE TWO IF YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN KEEP UP, IF YOU START FALLING BEHIND ON POSTING TOO OFTEN I WILL TELL YOU TO GET RID OF ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS.

And I think it's obvious to say don't crazy power yourself. If I see an issue I will let you know.

Name: Self-explanatory. What is your character’s name?

Species: What Pokemon is your Gijinka based on?

Age: Gijinka have about a human age level, though they live a few decades longer. Bugs mature faster and Dragons slower. Ghosts can live twice as long as the others.

Favored Legend: Basically what Legend is your Chaser most wanting to face.

Appearance: An image and a line or two of information detailing anything different. Please specify height and weight (keep in mind some Gijinka will naturally be taller/shorter/heavier/lighter than others). OR 4-5 lines of written description.

Personality: Five lines minimum. What’s your character like?

Biography: Four lines minimum. Why is your character a Chaser, and what has their life been like so far?

Level: See Eligible Gijinka.

Ability: What’s your Gijinka’s Ability? This would be one of the Abilities available to the Pokemon it’s based on. Please explain how the Ability works in regards to this RP.

Moves/Powers: You are allowed 5 powers based on the moves the Pokemon learns. You can have two of TM/Egg/Move Tutor moves. But just one each, so only one TM move, for instance.

You are allowed a 5th power of your choosing, not needed to be based on a move, that’s unique to your character.

Money/Items: You will start with 500 Poke and five non-rare items. Hold items do not exist here (rather they don't do anything worth note unless I specify otherwise). Keep track of your Poke and items please, for it will have a small impact on things.

Misc: Anything that doesn’t go up in the rest

Name:

Species:

Favored Legend:

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Level:

Ability:

Moves/Powers:

Money/Items:

Misc:

Please make it neat. At minimum use Spoilers to avoid large blocks of text/images and Bold each section to separate it from the content ( Level: 10 )

This is more or less the entire old OOC from YCM. Will see about adding in the character stuff later. Also note that not all the information is quite accurate atm but I wanted to keep it as true to what it was (I did remove a few things though).

Well, didn't add the character stuff but hey, don't need that anymore! RP Completed.

IC Thread

Simba

Spoiler

bj9pkCX.png
"One day I'll be as wise as my father, as kind as Kazo, and as brave as Mac. For now though, I'm just me. Ari."

Name: Ari
Species: Litleo
Favored Legend: Entei

Appearance

Spoiler

vJLlaRv.png
Height: 4'10"
Weight: 110 lbs

Personality

Spoiler

Excitable and playful, Ari hasn't experienced much hardship in life. He sees the world through rose-colored glasses, and believes that everybody is good at heart. A bit mischievous, but never malicious, Ari finds it hard to comprehend the harsher sides of life, and why others are cruel when they can be kind instead. He's slightly arrogant and a show-off, but those aspects of himself stem from insecurity and constant comparisons with his father. He's very adventurous, and will take advantage of any opportunities to go questing and exploring.

His two years on the road have not done much to mature him, but he has learned some tact and humility. Before, he was used to being waited on hand and foot, but now, he's discovered that being a commoner is hard. He has to dress himself, and pay others to obtain necessities like food and drink. Nobody cares if he has something to say, so he has to make sure that his words are worth listening to. And, most astonishingly to him, he's learned that non-lions are just as good as lions.

Ari has matured a lot since the start of his journey. Witnessing the death of multiple legendaries and dreaming of his father and knowing he was dead was enough to send him into shock. He has since recovered, but along the way he has gained a determination that he previously lacked. Still, he will revert to his previously insecure self if placed under enough pressure. He looks up to Kazo as an older brother figure and sees Mac as an annoying sister-figure. He also misses Kah, but knows in his heart of hearts that she will never return.

Biography

Spoiler

Ari was born Prince Ariel, the only child of King Richard the Lionheart and Queen Leah the Radiant from Pride Rock. However, he chafed under the pressures of royalty, especially having to listen to the majordomo Zago all the time. Because of this, he and his best friend Tiana, a fellow Litleo, often rebelled against the rules. Eventually, his Luxray uncle, Prince James the Crafty, encouraged him to leave Pride Rock and prove himself a brave lion like his father, to become a Chaser.

Ari had heard about the ascension myth from his uncle. If he could beat one of those legendary Pokémon, then he could prove his worth and courage for sure. He'd come home a hero! His parents would admit that he was a brave and strong son! His uncle would dote on him and he would never have to listen to Zago's stupid rules ever again! Ari favors defeating Entei, known as the lion of lions, but truthfully, any other legend would do just fine.

Eating up his uncle's words, Ariel left at age ten, throwing away his full name as he no longer considers himself a prince, but a journeyman traveler on the road to improve himself.

Level

Spoiler
  • Starting: 8
  • +1 against Roggenrola group
  • +1 for Christmas
  • +2 against Salamence twins - Ari learned Headbutt
  • +1 for 1000 posts
  • +4 against Edgelord and Ankou - Ari learned Noble Roar, replacing Tackle
  • +3 against Mia - Ari learned Take Down, replacing Headbutt
  • +3 against Zekrom - Ari replaced Ember with Fire Fang, also replacing Take Down with Fusion Flare
  • +2 against Lucario Godslayer
  • Current: 25

Ability: Rivalry - If faced up against other males, Ari feels a burning drive to prove himself the better, and his attacks are stronger and fiercer for it.

Moves

Spoiler

My teeth are on fire! - Ari bites down with flame-cloaked fangs. It may make the foe flinch or sustain a burn. (Fire Fang)
I have to be brave! - Ari focuses and lifts his spirits. This increases his general attack power. (Work Up)
For the Pride! And my friends! - Ari thinks about his connection and loyalty to Pride Rock, his family, friends, and all the people he has met on his journey. Drawing on this power, Ari charges at his opponent. It's one of the strongest of his moves. (Return = Friendship 255 for Power of 102)
Call of the Wild! - Letting out a noble roar, Ari intimidates his target and and lowers their attack and special attack power. (Noble Roar)
Let's Go Mac! Giant Fireball time! - Ari brings down a giant flame. This move's power is increased when influenced by an enormous lightning bolt. (Fusion Flare)
I am...Prince Ariel! - Spirits of past kings lend their strength to Ari, ringing him in a blaze of ghostly fire. Their very presence lends him strength, increasing his defenses and evasion. However, they cannot stay in the mortal realm for longer than ten minutes, and it takes an hour before Ari can summon them again. (Rightful King)

I'm a wildebeest! - Ari hits people with his head and somehow doesn't get brain damage. (Headbutt)
Take them down! - Ari charges forward and slams into his opponent, doing some slight damage to himself in return. (Take Down)
I wish I could breathe fire better... - Ari spits out fireballs that deal a small amount of damage compared to other fire moves. Has a minuscule chance of setting aflame on the target. (Ember)

Possessions

Spoiler
  • King's Rock - a piece of home. Given to him by his father.
  • Normal Gem

Checks and Balances

Spoiler

N7oqK8g.png
"Do you want to play? ...No, Dora, not you, I don't mean that kind of play, okay, please, go away. Now. I'm a little busy here."

Name: Easter
Species: Sylveon
Favored Legend: Rayquaza

Appearance

Spoiler

Lw2TtkY.png
Weight: 95 lbs
Easter's ribbons are actually feelers that are part of his body. He wears whatever feels comfortable, which more often than not is girl clothes, so he's often mistaken for a girl. His high-pitched voice doesn't help. He decided to roll with it, and bought a special brassiere that adds to the illusion.

Personality

Spoiler

Easter is unfailingly polite, a gentleman to the highest degree. Despite his looks, he has the poise of a butler, and the charm of a fairy type. To most people, he is kind and cordial, and has a weak spot for those with low self-esteem. He likes to encourage them and watch them grow stronger, taking pride in their progress. However, around dark or dragon types, a switch is flipped. His natural arrogance grows almost unbearable, and he does everything he can to destroy what he calls "overinflated egos." While normally calm, he becomes excited during these beatdowns and thus came his discovery.

Easter is a sadist. He takes pleasure in inflicting pain on others, but most especially dark or dragon types, as his attacks seem to not only inflict more pain on them, but he also finds their overblown pride annoying. While hypocritical of him, he considers his pride rightfully gained, both from his abilities and efforts to improve himself from his days of being "blind and ignorant." To a lesser extent, he takes pleasure from deceiving others, and will let others think of him as a girl instead of a boy without ever correcting them.

Since the start of the journey, he has changed a lot. While normally fickle and prone to wanderlust, he has matured greatly, taking on a sense of responsibility and looking out for the children in the group. He has grown to admire Brooke's sense of ethics, respect Denku as a staunch ally, and care for Dora despite, or because of her silliness. While he would not normally admit such things, he would not leave any of them unless forced to...and that in itself is telling.

Biography

Spoiler

Easter was born in Northshore as the son of an Eeveelution pair. His father was an Espeon and his mother was a Flareon. When he was born, he was doted on for his genius. It seemed that there was nothing he couldn't do--cooking, mathematics, music, nothing. He had free reign in his parents' vast library, which is where he discovered the existence of the legendaries. Things came to a head at age ten when the public found out about his preference for wearing female clothing. His parents, who had been hoping he'd "grow out" of that, "encouraged" (i.e. forced) him to leave Northshore to "find himself."

Rather than stew in anger, Easter shrugged it off and decided that if they didn't want to accept him, then too bad. He had better things to do than strive to please others or fit within their small-minded notions of propriety. Instead, he explored the world, and discovered he was nothing more than a big fish in a small pond. Determined to become a big fish in a big pond, he trained himself to become strong, mainly so that he could separate himself from his past overconfidence. Because of that, he looks down on those who think themselves invincible like he once did, and noted it was dragons and dark types that seemed to do it the most. Thus started his habit of beating down on those types whenever he can. Because of this, Easter seeks to bring down the ultimate dragon, Rayquaza. However, if he hears of another legend exhibiting overweening pride, he won't hesitate to change targets.

Easter has lived an eventful life that his appearance belies. Way back when, he entered Adarid, and trained himself in its arena, facing off against their champion multiple times. Though he never won, he considers those battles some of the best he's ever had. When he first learned about Chasers, he decided he set out as one, unable to stop the urge to travel once more. Still, he considers Adarid a home away from home.

On his journey, he was invited to join the S.S. Showdown crew, formed entirely of Eeveelutions, and he did. His life as a pirate was an enjoyable, though temporary one. However, he learned more about the legendaries while on the ship than he ever had before in his life, including when he was a child. Since it turned out that his captain knew quite a bit about them, especially Rayquaza, which influenced Easter's decision to go after it. Eventually, when calamity passed, he broke apart with the rest of the crew, and they all went their separate ways.

Level

Spoiler
  • Original: 37
  • +1 against Camerupt
  • +1 against Entei
  • +1 for Christmas
  • +2 against Froslass + Kyurem - Easter learned Last Resort
  • +1 for 1000 posts
  • +1 against Apanie the Wash-Rotom
  • +1 against Merm guards - Easter did not learn Psych Up
  • +1 against pack of Carvanha and Huntail
  • +1 against Ankou the Gardevoir
  • +1 against Nikora the Cacturne
  • +1 against the Godslayer Lucario
  • Current: 49

Ability: Pixilate - Because of his aura, what would normally be regular attacks (normal type) are in fact, fairy attacks.

Moves

Spoiler
  • Wish - Passed down as the signature move of his family. Easter closes his eyes and sends a silent wish to the stars. After some time has passed, his body will glow with green light to show that the cosmos has heard his prayer and his injuries will either be partly or fully healed, depending on their intensity.
  • Swift - Gathering the energy of the stars, Easter shoots them as rays that hit all targets. Because of the cosmic nature of the attack, it is almost impossible to avoid. Cannot be used over a prolonged period of time.
  • Moonblast - Borrowing the power of the moon, Easter releases a blast of cosmic energy. This has a 30% chance of lowering an opponent's mental determination, causing special attacks to weaken.
  • Psyshock - Easter materializes an odd psychic wave which attacks the target. Has a greater effect on those who are physically weaker as opposed to mentally weaker unlike his other moves.
  • Last Resort - After having used each one of his other moves, drawing on external powers, Easter finally gathers the power within himself to charge at his opponent, dealing massive physical damage.
  • Cosmic Shield - Gathering the power of the cosmos, Easter is impervious to attacks for a short period of time. Any Pokémon that makes contact with the glowing pink barrier becomes confused and "sees stars." However, he cannot use it more than once every five minutes without the shield failing on him.

Because all of his moves require reliance, either on the cosmic forces or the power of a TM, Easter is reminded of his bodily limits every time he attacks. Thus, he experiences a conflict of self whenever he fights, as a part of him hates dependence, but another part of him enjoys the power that sings through his veins and the pain he inflicts on others.

Possessions

Spoiler
  • 500 Poké - 50 = 450 Poké
  • Moon Stone - keeps it as a reminder of his dependence on the moon. Doesn't do anything for him, though.
  • Star Piece - keeps it as a reminder of his dependence on the stars. He doesn't plan on selling it.
  • Poké Puff Pouch - holds Poké Puffs. It's currently empty, however, as he eats them almost as soon as he obtains them.
  • Psychic Gem

Miscellaneous

Spoiler
  • Easter respects fighting types, as they have multiple weaknesses but still work hard.
  • His favorite food is the Supreme Wish Poké Puff.

The Pi-Kahuna

Spoiler

6h6NSxu.png
"Eh...I'm too tired to deal with these lolo buggahs."

Name: Keanu
Species: Pikachu Alolan Raichu
Birthday: June 12th
Favored Legend: Manaphy

Appearance

Spoiler

I22NS3j.jpg
Old Appearance
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150 lbs
He has a second pair of ears and a tail. His cheeks are abnormally sensitive and blush easily. Touching them sometimes causes a little static shock. One thing that sets him apart from mainland Pikachu gijinka are his blue eyes, which are common to Pikachu gijinka in Alola as their minds mature. Tends to wear bandages as he gets injured often.

His Substitute forms a doll that looks exactly like that strange creature next to him.

Personality

Spoiler

Keanu is what one might call an optimist. He seems unfazed by most of what life throws at him. He's what one would call "chill" and his temper is virtually nonexistent. While he seems to take life's punches with good humor, he's so relaxed that he would let somebody steamroll him if it meant less work for him. However, he is not particularly generous, only giving people what he feels that they deserve. He is very much an adherent to the concept of reaping what you sow. Because of this he can come off as cold when appealed to for help, however if he feels that a person is deserving of help, then he will give them exactly what they deserve, no more and no less.

Despite his laid-back attitude, Keanu is actually very intelligent. Getting him to actually use his intelligence, well. That's another story. He'd much rather just sit back and let other people do the thinking, make all the hard decisions. Him? He'll uhh, just sit back and eat pancakes. In fact, Keanu is a veritable Slowpoke when nothing is going on. Poky, he takes his time getting places and doing things. However, once he starts actually moving, whether it be surfing or in battle, he explodes into motion, showing most people the speed of a Pikachu gijinka. However, he goes back to being his old, slow self as soon as the necessity of moving around stops. He also has good instincts, stepping out of the way just as somebody is about to trip him, or skipping over a pothole. Or good luck. Either way, it's served him well in life.

Laziness aside, Keanu seems to take a fierce joy in movement, of surfing, of flying through the water. Of battling, of zipping around opponents, of experiencing the complete thrill that is motion. He loses himself utterly to the euphoria, and always seems disappointed when it ends. If it were up to Keanu, it would never end. He would surf, he would fly, he would soar, until his body gives out. Because of that, he has built up quite an endurance, and aside from his speed and quick mind, that is probably his best asset. However, he has a hard time understanding his limits, and can often push himself past what his body can handle.

Since fleeing Alola, Keanu has changed a little bit, even if he doesn't feel he has. He has grown less lazy, and more motivated, despite his complaints. He has also grown fond of Randy and Marie.

Spoiler

Keanu lets people make decisions because the last time he made one, to escape, he regretted it.

One of Keanu's biggest problems is escapism. He loves to be in motion, to experience movement, the high of working out, of surfing, of flying through the water. He would never admit it, but for him, if he keeps moving, he'll leave his problems behind him. If he stops, even for one second, then they'll float forward like seaweed, catching his arms and legs till he can't move anymore, only drown.

Biography

Spoiler

Keanu was born to a rather normal family in Alola. He doesn't talk about them much, but they were very happy together. His parents took care of the entire family while he tried to take care of his little brother. They lived on the beach, next to the ocean. An early riser, Keanu liked to wake up in the morning and watch the sun slowly climb its way over the horizon. Soon afterward, he would grab his favorite surfboard and run across the sandy shore, hopping over crabs and pointed shells, before finally hitting the water. There, he would lie stomach-down on the surfboard, and paddle his way to the waves, before standing up and riding them, turning his board sideways till there was nothing but him and the wave, the crest furling over him, flying through a tunnel of water.

Every morning was like that. The family would joke that he was born with a water type soul in an electric type body, that he'd probably evolve into a Lapraschu. Surfing was his passion, and what he saw as his destiny. He went on like this for quite a while, doing many things in the pursuit of his dream. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation--I mean, Beasts attacked. During the chaos, he met an injured Solgaleo and Lunala, as well as the other members of the group, as they were fleeing the region. While on the ship, the two legendaries disappeared without a word. Keanu still isn't sure why they disappeared, but he's decided to just do his best with what he has.

Spoiler

Keanu was born to a Raichu mother and a Lapras father. From his mother, he inherited his appearance. From his father, he inherited the ability to surf the waves in a way most Pikachu could only dream of doing. Included in the family was a little brother, a Lapras named Kai who dreamed of being a super famous, super strong gijinka that could take on the legends.

Keanu was an expert surfer, people would say. However, they also told him about a great surfer, named Puka. Puka, who could surf the waves without even needing a surfboard, could call them up without a thought. While Keanu had a certain amount of ability due to his father, to refine it, he needed to find an expert. He needed to find Puka.

So, at ten years old, Keanu set out to find Puka. He came back ten years later, highly satisfied with himself, eager to hear the welcoming cries of his family. However, his home city had been attacked, and his family had decided to fight against the beasts who had invaded Alola. Rather than stay and fight alongside them, Keanu decided to run away, and that decision haunts him to this day. Even now, he is fleeing, from all responsibility, from the guilt of leaving his family behind to die while he lived.

Level

Spoiler
  • Starting: 20
  • +1 for 1000 posts - Keanu did not learn Feint
  • +3 for against Yveltal - Keanu did not learn Double Team
  • +2 against Heatran - Keanu did not learn Spark
  • +1 against Lucario - evolved into Alolan Raichu and learned Psychic, replacing Nasty Plot
  • +1 against Veronica the Crobat
  • +1 against Kalia the Alolan Sandslash
  • +1 against the Godslayer Lucario
  • Current: 30

Ability: Surge Surfer - doubles Keanu's Speed when Electric Terrain is active.

Static - Anybody who comes into contact with Keanu, especially his cheeks, has a thirty percent chance of being paralyzed.

Moves 

Spoiler

Surf - Pikachu generally do not learn Surf, but somehow Keanu inherited this move from his dad. He does not need a surfboard to perform this move, able to just "ride the wave." He has used a surfboard in the past, however. Aside from him, there has only ever been one gijinka in the Pikachu line known to be able to use this move.
Psychic - This attack deals psychic damage and has a slight chance of lowering the enemy's special attack in the process.
Electro Ball - This attack forms ball lightning that Keanu throws at enemies. The faster Keanu is compared to his opponent, the more powerful this move.
Thunder Wave - Sparks of electricity shoot out from Keanu's cheeks to form electric waves that paralyze the opponent.
Substitute - A move Keanu learned from a gijinka he met in Alola. Using twenty-five percent of his maximum HP, Keanu forms a small doll in the shape of a strange, pointy-eared creature, and quickly trades places with it. Attention-grabbing, any attacks originally directed toward him target the doll instead.
Stoked Sparksurfer - A more powerful Thunderbolt where Keanu attacks the target with full force, leaving it paralyzed.

Nasty Plot - Keanu learned Nasty Plot as a Pichu, and kept the move as he evolved. Focusing on dark thoughts, he increases his special attack sharply.
Charged Currentcruiser - The surrounding terrain becomes electrified and Keanu charges up a lightning strike with the power of a Thunderbolt.

Possessions

Spoiler
  • 500 Poké + 200 = 700 Poké
  • Strange stone - a strange, diamond-shaped stone with an odd symbol in it.
  • Berry pouch - currently holds multiple berries native to Alola.
  • Frying pan - uses this to make pancakes.
  • Bag of flour - uses this to make pancakes.
  • Bottle of Pamtre berry syrup - uses this to pour over the pancakes he eats.
  • Water Gem

Miscellaneous

Spoiler
  • Theme Song: How Far I'll Go - Cover by Caleb Hyles
  • If asked for a favorite type, Keanu would tell you water, but in practice, he treats all types equally.
  • He loves pancakes, and has become an expert at making them.
  • Considered becoming an actor when he was younger, but he changed his mind. He does have a natural charm to him though, still.
  • Has a very slight accent, but is a bit embarrassed about it if brought up.

Edited by Waluigi

Keanot

0NANiEd.png
"The inner beauty thing doesn't count if you're ugly."

Name: Nani
Species: Mimikyu
Birthday: July 8th
Favored Legend: Tapu Lele

Appearance:

bS4Xkil.jpg

Height: 5'6"
Weight:

Beneath her hood is a face Nani would describe as "if you let a three-year-old use an axe to make a jack-o-lantern then the parents got scared of it and set it on fire". Her eyes seem to be yellow, which one can find out for themselves if they look closely at the eye covers of her hood.

Personality:

Nani is someone who ultimately craves positive attention and companionship. This is easier said than done, as Nani's social skills are mediocre at best because she's always afraid of botching it and making someone hate her. She can't start conversations for the life of her, and would rather sit in a small space out of sight from everyone else. This leads to a situation where, because she didn't have much social interaction growing up, Nani doesn't understand common social rules like "sometimes you're supposed to lie to make the other person feel better" or other little things. This can make Nani come off as rude; if she thinks that dress makes you look fat, and you ask, she's going to say so. Inversely, if she asks how something makes her look and she thinks it makes her look hideous, she'll think someone's lying to her if they say otherwise, and tell them not to lie just to make her feel better. Whatever clothing it is, Nani probably thinks she looks awful in it.

As one might expect of a Mimikyu, there's nothing that truly disgusts Nani quite like her own body. Keeping it hidden is a service to the world, and she will keep her ugly appearance hidden at all costs. Any attempts to reveal her face to others will be resisted, violently if need be, because getting into a fight is just better than letting someone foolishly learn about just what lurks beneath Nani's costume. She can be a bit of a pushover sometimes, but if there's one thing Nani is endlessly adamant about, it's that her her appearance - the face especially - should remain hidden. This is her service to the people around her.

Speaking of service, while she may not be a social butterfly, Nani's a pretty good helper. Helping people makes her feel good, and she also gets their gratitude and approval, so that makes it double good. Of course, given her poor social skills, this tends to make Nani the type who hears about or sees a person in need in passing then acts upon that, rather than actively asking people if anything needs doing. While she makes an active effort to be helpful to those around her, Nani also takes special care not to do anything that might overstep her boundaries. She'd hate to try and help someone just to make them upset, after all.

Biography:

Nani doesn't know her family. Left on a rich family's doorstep as an infant, all she knows is that the family she grew up with was friends with her mother, who wouldn't have been able to provide for Nani. As one might expect of a Mimikyu gijinka, Nani's was a rather ghastly face, which she didn't really think about all that much for the first few years of her life, having had a rather sheltered infancy. It was when she was ready to spread her wings and meet other kids that Nani learned more about herself. Specifically, she was hideous. Born with a face only a mother could love, Nani soon learned that others would avoid or mock her because of her appearance. Part of her was sad. Part of her was angry. Most of her, though, wanted to make it work with the other kids as best she could. Even if she had to hide her face for it.

At first, Nani's "disguise" was merely a potato sack with some holes cut in it so she could see and breathe. It wasn't pretty, but she was confident it was prettier than she was, and once people didn't have to look her in the face anymore, Nani's relationship with the other kids grew from distasteful to neutral. It wasn't the dream of having lots of friends like some people had, but it was a step in the right direction. And so, Nani took up sewing and such as hobbies, crafting new costumes so that she could at least look better than a potato sack. The vast majority of Nani's costumes wound up being designed somewhat like a Pikachu, though whether this is because the most popular girl in town was a Pikachu, or if it's some bizarre genetic inclination among Mimikyu as a species, is unclear.

Whatever the case, by age 17, Nani had a whopping two people who were almost friends. A combination of her social awkwardness, those two people having other friends, and not wanting to bother them if they were in the middle of something, made befriending anyone particularly difficult. However, Nani never got to make them officially her friends. One night, strange beasts invaded the Alola Region while she and her family were taking a short trip to a different city. Nani never got a good look at them. She was supposed to get to the boats out of Alola, and she simply got on the first one she could find. This boat, as it turned out, did not have her family on it. Rather, it had a small group of gijinka she'd never seen before, and even the patron legendaries of the region itself!

Needless to say, Nani made sure to stay out of the way, and keep very, very quiet, whilst on the boat. It gave her the spare time to fix the rips and tears her clothes had developed as well. Once the boat had hit land, Nani couldn't find it in her to split off from these people she'd never even spoken to, but introducing herself after all this time where she wasn't even sure if they knew she existed would definitely come off as creepy. And so, in the time since arriving, Nani has simply been following in their footsteps, quietly, and keeping out of sight. She'd hate to cause trouble, after all.

Level: 32 (30)

Ability: Disguise - A strange ability only Mimikyu knows, which protects its otherwise frail body with a spectral forcefield. This forcefield can absorb one attack before being broken, but it takes too long to recharge to be brought back up in the middle of a fight.

Moves:
Shadow Sneak - Nani slips into the shadows, emerging behind the target before striking at them. This attack is fast enough that Nani will generally be able to use it before the rest of the attacks land.

Play Rough - Nani gets rough with her target, hitting them and stuff with fairy power, but it's all in good fun (it probably isn't) so that's nice. So nice in fact that the enemy might let their guard down, lowering their attack.

Mimic - Nani copies the last move used by a gijinka of her choosing. She takes extra-special care to make note of the move, enough so that Mimic is replaced with that move for the rest of the fight.

Copycat - Nani copies the last move used in the fight. Unlike Mimic, where she takes mental note of how to do it, she just does this on the fly, so Copycat doesn't get replaced with another move like Mimic does.

Thunder Wave - Nani shoots out circular pulses of electricity toward her target. They don't hurt, but they can slow the movements of her target and sometimes stop them entirely.

Spectre Bone - An attack Nani ended up developing by continually mimicking the Marowaks in her area. Nani creates and throws a shadowy bone at the target, which passes through the target and deals damage, before returning to Nani during the next turn, dealing damage a second time. Because its damage is based on how hard Nani throws the bone, this is a physical move. (Base Power: 50)

Possessions:

500 Poké
Good Rod
1 Potion
1 Antidote
1 Kasib Berry

Misc. Info:

• Has a distinct fondness for ground-types.
  • Very flexible! Disturbingly so...
  • Terrible cook, but great baker. Kasib Berry pie is her best dish. Might be because Kasib Berries are her favorite food.
  • Likes snakes and spiders, because they also are disliked for their appearance but don't judge Nani because of her own.
  • Severely dyslexic, to the point where Nani pretty much can't read at all.

Ghost in the Shell

Spoiler

~ General Information ~

Name: Lok
Species: Rotom
Favored Legend: Hoopa
Apperance

Spoiler

tumblr_lwqc6c4UNc1qgj2rto1_500.png

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 71.6 lb

Lok has basically the design you see above, except that he wear a light cyan shirt underneath his jacket and he wears shoes that have the same color scheme as his jacket (orange shoe with blue designs). He still does wear socks, however. He also doesn't have headphones, as from what I can tell headphones don't actually exist in this universe.

~ Character Information ~

Personality: Lok is very much a prankster - his pranks being relatively harmless most of the times. Lok is a loud and upbeat individual who also very oblivious and gullible. This is due to him generally thinking positively about basically everyone he meets. Because of his upbeatness and general happiness, this leaves him to be relatively charismatic and out-going - if DJ Mixers existed, Lok would for sure become a DJ. Despite his gullibility and obliviousness, Lok is pretty crafty and definitely not dumb. Lok will try his best to get people to be his friends and in general will try and keep a good vibe around him. For this reason, he isn't very confrontational - if it means keeping a good vide, Lok will quite down despite his loud nature.

His personality is almost perfectly mirrored by his fighting style - rather than focusing on straight-up attacking, Lok prefers to take a more annoying approach - using status and disorientation to gain the upper hand. Speaking about battles - Lok is not much of a fighter. Although Lok is definitely not inexperienced when it comes to fighting, he would much rather take the diplomatic or even cowardly route. Not to say that Lok is a coward, but he is definitely not the bravest person around.

Biography: Lok was raised in the literal ghost town of Alpha, where he spent most of his time playing pranks and, by virtue of his pranks, usually by possessing some object around the area such as a rock or a log that had been left there. By the nature of his pranks, he would scare off visitors - something that he would get scolded for doing so by his parents. Lok did a bit of traveling around although never too far from home (the farthest he has even been before his journey to find Hoopa and any other legendary that blocked his way was Adarid)

However, when rumors of the legendary Hoopa reached word in Alpha, Lok wanted nothing more than to find it. You see, Hoopa was known around those parts of town as "king of the pranksters" - Lok knew that he had to learn his ways - maybe even overcome him and become the world's most renown prankster. With this news, he and other mischievous ghosts set out to find Hoopa. However, he knew that it wasn't enough to just take down Hoopa - no, he also had to take down other Legendaries.

~ Combat Information ~

Level 33 (13)

Abilities

• Levitate -  Lok can levitate roughly 1 foot off the ground at will, and is much faster levitating than he is on foot. This allows him to dodge Ground-type attacks
  • 『Possession- Lok can temporary possess objects that are relative to his size. The smaller the object, the more time he can stay inside it. For example, he can basically stay inside something like a Super Potion for a long duration of time - around 4 to 5 hours. A ~1 ft treasure chest can be possessed for around 30 minutes, and anything larger than Lok is out of the question. How much control also varies on the size / complexity of the item - he can basically fly around at free will while possessing something like a handkerchief but a chest only allows for slight movements.

Attacks:

• Hex: Summons ghastly purple orbs and fires them at the opposition. While it isn't as strong alone, it inflicts more damage against opponents that are inflicted with a status. Hex can also be used to light areas, although the light provided by Hex is very dim.
  • Thunderbolt: Lok fires lighting bolts out of his hands, hitting hard and having a very slim chance to paralyze its opposition.
  • Confuse Ray: Fires a bright ray of light that causing confusion to any target that gets hit by it. Confuse Ray can be used to illuminate certain areas for brief periods of times, although it must be wary of hitting any of his friends with it.
  • Ominous Wind: A howling wind bursts out of Lok, pushing anyone near him away from him while doing damage. Has a small chance to boost all of Lok's stats.
  • Double Team: Double Team in this instance is closer to the anime rather than the games - Double Team summons illusory clones of Lok via fast movement.
  • Will-o-Wisp: Obtained from the librarians, Will-o-Wisp works very similar to how Hex does. However, instead of purple orbs they are blue, and instead of dealing damage they simply leave burns on the target's body.

~ Inventory ~

• 500 Poke
  • 2 Full Heal
  • 1 Spell Tag (his "lucky charm" so to speak)

~ Misc ~

General Theme: Around The World

Battle Theme: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Favorite Food: Metals, Wires, and items such as Potions and Full Heals

Crimson Crusader

Spoiler

~ General Information ~

Name: Scarlet
Species: Scizor
Favored Legend: Cobalion
Apperance

Spoiler

9s4s5fF.jpg

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 182.8 lb

Scarlet looks like the image above, except instead of jets she has bug-like wings.

~ Character Information ~

Personality: Scarlet is very straight-forward and confident - not to the point of being egotistic, but still very confident in her abilities. She also gets very passionate about things, especially battling. However, when she isn't being passionate about battling she is usually cool and reserved. She is very tactical with the way she does things, and whether it be in a social situation or during the heat of battle, she always keeps a cool head. Scarlet is very much a strategist because of these features, always thinking about what move she will use. She can be blunt when it comes to conversation, as she doesn't like to sugar coat anything. This makes some people see her as rude.

Her main passion is in battle - between the rush of speed she gets to use with her attacks and the tactical play she gets to make, battling has always been her favorite thing. She is well aware of the dangers of battling, and will avoid killing the opposition during casual battle. 

Biography: Scarlet was born and raised in Mowloo ever since she was a young Scyther, but is always traveling around the region. She has been traveling to find opponent to fight in battle - and she has fought many different types of opponents. Because she was born in Mowloo, she has always had a profound respect for nature and the environment. She has a small family that she visits ever so often back in Mowloo.

During her travels, she heard about the legendary Pokemon Cobalion, and the downfall of Volcanion. Once she heard this, she knew that she had to find Cobalion - she hoped to learn and maybe one day even defeat the great tactician himself. She was fairy confident that she could at least hold her own against him, especially after hearing about Volcanion. Now, she is headed towards Oasis to learn more about what happened to Volcanion and, hopefully, start her journey to find Cobalion, along with any other Legendary Pokemon she could beat.

~ Combat Information ~

Level 43 (32)

Abilities

• Technician -  Scarlet's weaker moves (moves that are 60 BP or lower in-game) are 50% more powerful, and gives her MacGyver-esque abilities in terms of building tools out of nothing
  • 『Swift Dash- This technique allows Scarlet to dart forward in basically any direction - including the air! Mutliple Swift Dashes can be linked, however there is a sort of "cool down" between Swift Dashes. A single Swift Dash also can also only reach a short distance, although it does allow Scarlette to immediately go at around 20 MPH during the dash. Swift Dash is almost always used when Bullet Punch is used against a far away opponent, and whenever Swift Dash is used for attacking into the enemy without another attack, it is treated as if she had used Bullet Punch.
  • 『Mega

Attacks:

• Bullet Punch: Punches with insane speeds using her pincers, usually hitting before the opponent.
  • Swords Dance: Scarlet performs an elaborate dance, using her pincers as sort of "swords". Using this technique will boost Scarlet's offensive prowess greatly for a set amount of time (I don't have an exact time, but basically the boost should be enough to last at least 5-6 "turns"). Unlike in the games, this does not stack with another Swords Dance.
  • Bug Bite: Sharply pinches with her pincer hands. This allows her to use her pincers as scissors, and can consume berries.
  • Roost: This allows Scarlet to rest her wings and body, healing her of any exhaustion and injury.
  • Superpower: Scarlet's body heats up as it glows red, bringing out her newfound inner strength and delivering a powerful burning blow. This attack wears her down and exhausts, lowering her defenses and strength.
  • Tailwind: Scarlet flutters her wings rapidly, making her move with incredible speed for the duration of Tailwind. As she moves around, she leaves behind a stream of wind behind her - anyone in that stream will move faster, moreso if they run towards Scarlet.

~ Inventory ~

• 720 Poke
  • 2 Lum Berries
  • 3 Sitrus Berries

~ Misc ~

General Theme: Delusiona Tax

Battle Theme: Aimai Elegy

Favorite Food: Lum Berries, although she likes most type of berries

Edited by God of :eyes:

Taiga the Terrible

Spoiler

pl37ikL.jpg?1

"Hey get back here!  I wanna see what you taste like!"

Name: Taiga 

Species: Sharpeedo

Favored Legend: Kyogr

Appearance: 

Spoiler

o7ougJu.jpg

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 120 lbs

Taiga's teeth are razor sharp and can cut through steel.  If one of them snaps off, she is able to automatically regrow it.  Taiga's stomach is capable of turning itself inside out if she ever ingests something toxic, or bad for her insides.  She also sports a dorsal fin on her back that helps her swim through water.  

Personality:

Spoiler

Feisty and rambunctious to her core, Taiga loves getting into trouble wherever she can find it.  She loves getting into scraps with other pokemon, even those that might have a type advantage.  Pokemon with a type advantage always seemed to taste better anyway.  Taiga also loves anything with monetary value placed on it, and loves to horde things she finds that may be of worth to others.  Taiga also hates losing, and tries her hardest to win any competition she finds herself in, although she usually loses competitions involving the use of her brain.  

Being a water-type, Taiga obviously likes to stick it close to water and hates hotter climates.  Her dark-typing also gives her sort of a knack for wrong doing, she can't help it, it's only in her nature to be bad to the bone. 

Biography:

Spoiler

Taiga was born and raised in the city of North Shore, and was subsequently the first of all her Carvanha siblings to emerge from their eggs.  Naturally she ate the rest of them, but such is the circle of life.  While growing up in Northshore, Taiga grew a knack for treasure hunting, and made a living by diving deep into the ocean to find rare items that had long been forgotten in time.  Once she had evolved into the Sharpedo she is now, and heard about the legends of a mysterious creature dwelling in the deepest crevasses of the ocean, Taiga couldn't resist the temptations that came with the mysterious nature of a legend.  Did they sit on a pile of forgotten treasure?  She would find out what she defeated them!

Level: 47

Ability: Speed Boost - During any competition that gets her blood boiling, Taiga's speed can go above and beyond other pokemon, even when she's not in water.  The speed maxes out at a point, but at that point she is merely a blur to pokemon who can't keep up.  

Moves/Powers:

Spoiler

Water Fall: Taiga Summons a pillar of water that she stands above and uses it to crash into her opponent. (Waterfall)

Crunch!:  An attack that uses her Teeth to the fullest extent of their power, infusing them with dark energy to clamp down onto an opponent. (Crunch)

Ice Fang!:  Using the same powers as NOM! but instead chilling her teeth to negative temperatures, Taiga chomps down hard enough to shatter steel. (Ice Fang)

Destiny Bond!:  Taiga links her dark Life Force to her opponents.  If she were to be knocked out at a time shortly after this attack was used, her opponent would receive the same fate. (Destiny Bond)

Giga Impact

Money/Items:

670 Poke, 2 Water Gem(s), 2 Dark Gem(s), 1 Itemfinder

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Vagrant Flame

Spoiler

Name: Nine
Species: Houndoom 
Favored Legend: Rayquaza 
Appearance:

Spoiler

zyWZn6H.jpg
Artist: Orqz

Nine stands at a decently tall 5'10 and has a rather toned, yet still thin, body. Even in the warmest of places he is seen sporting his black coat, and he tends to carry around a pair of black sunglasses. The houndoom does indeed have a triangular tipped tail.

Personality

Spoiler

Nine is a sort of carefree individual. One who always seems to have a smile on his face and a lax air about him. He is someone who is able to seemingly shrug off most insults and tends to treat large scale events as much smaller than they actually are. This kind of nonchalant attitude extends itself to how he interacts with others, coming off as friendly yet somewhat careless to those around him. This is only accentuated with females, as he seems to be particularly flirty, yet somewhat courteous at the same time, with them. And while he isn't exactly the most mindful of others, he does have a rather serious side to him and tends to be more attentive to things then he would let on. 

There is nothing that Nine takes more seriously then his status as a Chaser. He is a person who has devoted a better part of his life to trying to understand these legends, and has meeting them as one of his highest priorities. As such, he's someone values any and all knowledge on the legends and will often try to act on his whim if he finds a lead on such a thing.

Despite being born and raised in one of the most volatile places on the continent, Nine is not gungho about fighting. He often times tries to avoid needless conflict and has a habit of portraying himself as weaker than he usually is. In spite of this, he's a person who is fairly confident in their own strength, built up from victories over the years, and should such a challenge arrive that involves him fighting, he will not shy away from it.   

Bio

Spoiler

Born in Trailsau to a lucario mother and houndoom father, Nine didn't ever really stick out from the rest of the crowd. Instead, he was someone who always got into constant fighting for whatever reason may have occurred to him at the time. Whether it be in friendly sport, in response to some form of insult, or because it was just the thing the locals did, fighting was a well ingrained part of Nine's life. However, as time continued to go on, Nine started to see senseless fight as, well, senseless. He couldn't quite find purpose in what he was doing, nor could he quite find enjoyment in just straight on fighting his opponents, and thus started to become bored. During this time, he tried to try out all different styles of fighting to see if it would get any better and tried to find something to do in the city that didn't involve fighting. Both of these did nothing to alleviate his humdrum life, and it only seemed like it would stay that way until one day he had happened upon a hermit like man who had lived outside his home. 

Curious about things like myths and legends, Nine had asked the man about them, and it seemed that beyond just what lived a stone throw away from his own home, there were all different kinds of legends all over the world. Ones that could bend time and space, ones that controlled emotion and knowledge, and ones that seemed to put the world together as it was today. As such, he was completely enraptured by them and decided to go straight on the hunt to learn more and more about them. At the age of 17, the young houndoom had left home and went on his journey to find out more about the legends, a chaser in the making even back then. 

As he continued to find out more and more about the legends, questions started to raise in him. Aside from the creator themselves, there were those amongst the legends who seemed to use their deific powers to keep the world in harmony. Then there was also the fact that legends could be made after a certain number were defeated. So were these ones just always around, or was the world in such a sorry state that it needed them? The more he searched, the more questions popped up, and it seemed that there was no real answer to anything he was trying to find out. Then, one day one year ago, a legend was found slain. A bit shocked that they were not only all real, but also someone found them, caused mere research to turn into grand exploration. And so, Nine had become just another chaser wannabe amidst the "chaser boom" and chased after whatever legend he could think to find. 

While he is someone who has an interest in all the legends, his interest only continues to rise the more integral to nature that the pokemon is. As such, the one he wishes to find most of all is Rayquaza, the one he believes to be both the strongest and the most potent in regards to the natural state of the world. 

Pokestuff

Spoiler

Level: 54 (39)
Ability:
Flash Fire: The user’s body is naturally attuned with fire, and thus, they are able to absorb the flames that they come in contact with. When absorbing fire in this manner, it temporarily increases the strength of all fire based moves that the user is able to use.
Moves/Powers:

• Dark Aura: Nine is able to focus his aura into a pulse of dark energy that he is able to fire out. The force of the attack can cause his opponent to flinch. (Dark Pulse)
  • Hitting Yourself: Nine shifts the aura in his body to take on a darker tone. When he attacks an opponent while this aura is active, a strange reaction occurs where his Aura shifts to match the power of the target he is hitting. This effectively makes it so that each physical strike he deals against that target, while this is active, acts as if Nine were using his opponent's strength instead. (Foul Play)
  • Sun Flare: The user simply creates a stream of fire, originating either from their hand or mouth, that is sent in a linear direction at their opponent. (Flamethrower) 
  • Payback: When Nine is struck with a physical blow, the aura in his body spikes in power. While this does nothing on its own, and quickly reverts back to normal, Nine is able to force that spike in power into a single strike, letting loose an attack that deals twice the damage he received. (Counter) 
  • Inner Flame: Nine is able to focus inward and sharpen his aura. When he does this, all of his non-physical attacks spike in power in response. This can be used multiple times and stacks, though not indefinitely, and his Aura returns back to its normal state over time. (Nasty Plot)
  • Sunlight: The user seems to takes on a golden glow to them, embers constantly being shed off their skin, as their body temperature seems to spike exponentially. While in this state, Nine takes less damage from attacks, has a slow and steady passive regeneration. For counter purposes, the damage taken is not treated as less. 

Money/Items:

• 350 Poke
  • World Map
  • Black Glasses for all those harsh sunlit areas.
  • Some good ol’ Lemonade.
  • Fire Gem

Song of the Sea

Spoiler

Name: Marie
Species: Brionne 
Favored Legend: Kyogre

Appearance

Spoiler

Popplio

Spoiler

X1mEOsb.png?2

Weight: 90 lbs
Marie does not wear the conical cap shown in the image. 
Not shown, as they are somewhat covered by her hair, are the classic blue floppy ears of a Popplio. 

Brionne

OiPJaxf.png?1
Artist:
Sapphire
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 105 lbs
Her feet are also shaped more like flippers, making her more adept at swimming. 

Personality

Spoiler

Caring at heart, Marie does her best to both keep people safe as best she can. As such, she is a bit of a worrywart and tends to try to dissuade people from doing anything that she would consider dangerous or reckless. As such, when someone does either of these kinds of things she is sure to reprimand them for it, tending to be somewhat blunt. Trying to present herself as much more mature then her age would suggest, she also cares for neither age nor height when it comes to those that she reprimands. When it comes to dealing with those she would deem as "mean" or "bullies" she would much rather scold and talk away then she would actively fight.

Marie also tries her best to make sure that everyone remains happy. As such, she tries to have an outwardly cheery disposition about her, and tries to keep the spirits up of those around her. Despite actually being pragmatic herself, not trying to delude herself with unrealistic and overly positive thoughts, she tries to give off an optimistic vibe to help others get back on their feet whenever they're down. However, she also does not like making others worry about things. As such, she tries to keep any and all problems and stress she has to herself, as well as generally refusing help from others if she is struggling with something. 

Despite this aura of maturity and emotional stability she seeks to give off,  she is still ultimately a kid. As such, she is prone to not making the best decisions herself, and is likely not always right in what she says. Furthermore, she is still prone to irritation and anger. The quickest way to irritate Marie would be to both treat her as a child, and disregard, either her efforts or words, for being a child. When her irritation turns to anger, her tone becomes more aggressive and her scolding becomes more like yelling. Taken a step beyond that and she can become violent. While she does her best to try and stay composed, trying to keep a brave face when others might not, she does have a great fear of being alone. As such, when she believes she is either lost from anyone familiar or abandoned, it will usually result in sobbing. 

Biography

Spoiler

Born an only child to a pair of rather prolific of performers. Marie had never actually met her parents, and only knew of what they were like from what others had told her. Her parents, while known to be kind and sincere individuals, also had a streak of being flighty and irresponsible. Given that they hadn't even planned to have Marie, they decided that it would do the young girl no good to expose her to their kind of environment and nature, and that there were likely parents that could do much better then them. As such, before taking off for a trip to a completely different region, they had left their child in the care of an old Drampa, both a friend and fan to the couple. While they promised to visit, after embarking on their trip, they were never seen in Alola again. And so, this Drampa was the only family that Marie knew of, much less remember, growing up. While they were a kind old dragon, they were still a bit forgetful and absent minded. As such, just as he was able to take care of her by providing for her, the young girl had to learn how to help and take care of him. As such her much earlier years were spent almost entirely indoors, and her free time was spent mostly reading books, trying to learn more about what her parents did, and trying to learn those skills herself. The only times she had ever actually gone outside and met with others was when she went on shopping trips with her caretaker. 

Eventually, on one such trip, the young Popplio had gotten themselves split from the old Drampa. While looking for him, she had met with a few kids who were being picked on by others. Thinking that these bullies were doing something wrong, she went to go scold them in a similar way that the old Drampa did to her when she did something wrong. While the bullies were confused by this sudden appearance, the situation was taken care of when some others had taken note of the scene being made. Thankful for the young Popplio's help. she became friends with the others. From then on, the girl had started to go outside much more often and began hanging out with her new found friends. While the time spent with them was fun, due to being kids, at times the group would find themselves getting into trouble as a result. Realizing that getting into trouble was a bad thing, the girl often took it upon herself to try and steer her friends away from trouble whenever she thought they were going to. 

These peaceful and fun times of Marie's were then brought to a halt. While she was out having fun with her friends, her home region had suddenly been beset by strange an alien beasts. When the attack had hit and panic had ensued, the young Popplio had tried her best to simply try and find her friends and caretaker. However, being unsuccessful, she was eventually taken away from the scene, unwillingly, by a man who was simply aiding with evacuations, put on a ship to a region known as Adarid. 

Pokestuff 

Spoiler

Level: 27 (11)
Ability: 
Torrent - Whenever sufficiently injured, Marie's water type attacks are all powered up. 
Moves/Powers:

• I Can Do It! - Fighting at your peak is all about having a certain state of mind. Marie can take the time to motivate herself to get closer to this peak, raising both her physical and special attack power. (Work Up)   
  • Disarming Voice - Making a sharp, yet melodious sound, a pulse of mystic energy is let loose at the opponent. Listen I don't know either. 
  • Bubble Beam  -  Marie fires a stream of bubbles at her foe, which have a chance of hampering their speed. It hurts more than the jet of water. Mighty bubbles.
  • Icy Wind -  After small inhale, Marie is able to let loose a stream of cold air at a single target, slowing the target down when they're hit by it. 
  • Rain Dance - By letting out a soft, melancholy tune, Marie is able to change the weather around her to suddenly start raining. 
  • Oceanic Operetta - The True Form of a technique known only to Primarinas. Letting out a soft note and holding it, Marie is able to conjure an enormous sphere of water to throw and explode against a foe. 

Money/Items:

• A blue gem that supposedly belonged to her mother.
  • Deck of Cards 
  • Sweet Malasada  
  • 50 Poke
  • Mystic Water

Misc

Spoiler
  • Marie's mother is a Primarina and her father an Espeon. 
  • Marie likes to sing and knows very basic magic tricks. 
  • While not actually a chaser, one of Marie's favorite legends they ever read about was Kyogre. After all, if one could do a simple performance to make it start raining, then Kyogre was likely to be a great performer themselves. 
  • Marie's favorite Alolan Legend is Tapu Fini, though this is likely due just to the similar typing. 

Edited by Skaia

Pokewitch

Spoiler

kLVm2ld.jpg?1
“Hello there, little one, do you need help?”

Name: Gwendoline
Species: Mismagius
Favored Legend: Giratina

Appearance

Spoiler

Z9RLFLi.jpg

Gwen is fairly average height, standing at 5‘5“  (165 cm) but weighing only 88 pounds (40 kg). Though “standing" is a bit of a misnomer. For Gwen doesn't have feet. Five inches (13 cm) of her feet and ankles are completely missing, replaced with a strange purplish smoke. She is constantly hovering so her practical height is actually 5‘10“ (178 cm)

The gems around her waist flash when she's feeling especially emotional or in pain, and they begin to look dull when she weakens greatly.

Personality

Spoiler

Gwen is a kind and mature young lady. She always tries to find the best solution to any problem and goes out of her way to help out anyone in need. She believes that every Gijinka have something to offer to the world and she desires to help them do it as long as it’s positive. She is still young, however, so she has a playful side as well. She tends to tease others often and is always quick to laugh and make little jokes. Though her jokes tend to be on the corny side. Her favorite opener in battle, for instance, is “You don’t have a Ghost of a chance”. She thinks this is funny and a little cool, and she can get flustered when people point out how bad it is.
Motherly is a good word for Gwen, she fusses and frets over those who are hurt, sick, or otherwise feeling down. And she always tries to give advice and a positive outlook on things.
She’s quite sensitive, as well, and it can be easy to upset her. She doesn’t do well with straight up insults, though she puts on a brave face. She’s easily embarrassed and flustered at affection at times, even if she herself is affectionate towards others often.
When things go badly she can become somewhat disheartened and sad. However she tries to keep an optimistic attitude and roll with the punches.
Speaking of punches, Gwen doesn’t like physical confrontation and tries to avoid it. But there’s an angry switch in her that when flipped means she’s not gonna put up with your s*** anymore and she’ll let you know.

Biography

Spoiler

Gwendoline was born and raised in Alpha. The oldest child of five, she was always taking care of the younger children. She especially made sure to keep them from exploring too deep into the caves. Though one day she had to chase a child farther into the cave than she was supposed to go. What happened there is a memory that has been lost to Gwen but it still troubles her to this day, despite that the child was safe afterwards. She never got too far into the rivalry with Omega. Or at least she didn’t think so. She has trouble even remembering what the rivalry was about, let alone how she felt about it. But she doesn’t let that bother her, if it was important she’d surely remember.
She left Alpha at a somewhat early age, hesitantly leaving the young Gijinka of the village to set out on her own. She had wanted to get stronger to be able to protect the village from some threat that she was sure it was facing but couldn’t quite figure out what threat.
She decided to become a Chaser because it would be the best way of getting stronger, and her plans are to become a Legend and make this dangerous and often in turmoil region safe for all.
She has a particular interest in Giratina, whenever the Dragon is brought up she feels an urge to defeat it totally. If you ask her why she’ll just shrug and say “It just feels like what I’m supposed to do.”

Combat Information

Spoiler

Level: 39 (30)

Ability: Levitate, As stated earlier instead of feet Gwen hovers several inches off the ground. Even when knocked down or sleeping she’ll be lying on the air slightly unless she’s tied down.

Moves/Powers

Spoiler

Evil Eye: An eye-like shape appears above Gwen's head, mentally latching onto an opponent and dealing damage directly to their Aura unless they break free in time. It is even more powerful if the target is afflicted with an ailment. (Hex)

Dance of the Forest Spirits: Gwen can summon a flurry of leaves, surrounded by a slight dark energy, to launch at the foe. These leaves can be controlled at will and have slight tracking capabilities. However the longer they go on the more energy Gwen expends and the weaker they get. (Magical Leaf)

From the Darkest Corner: The usually composed Gwen also has a bit of a dark side deep in her mind, and she can tap into this to strengthen her attacks almost two-fold for a brief period of time. This wears her out if used too long, or too often, however. (Nasty Plot)

Share The Load: An unusual power that, when Gwen makes eye contact (or an equivalent if no eyes exist), she can either share her health, or sap the health, of her target. Which depends on the amount of health they both have, until they are even in health level. (Pain Split)

Dancing Flames: A fire of mystical power shoots from the girl and covers the foe in its flame, weakening their special attack through its magical properties. (Mystical Fire)

Plague Roulette: By making contact with her target, Gwen can afflict them with a random status ailment, though the effects are weaker than those brought on by normal attacks.

Other

Spoiler

Theme

Battle Theme

-Mismagius have a strange tradition once they evolve. The moment they do they’re compelled to put on the first hat they see and it is transformed into the customary Mismagius hat. In Gwen’s case it was a strawhat owned by a Monferno named Luffy.

-Touching the gems around her waist can cause several different reactions in Gwen, and she doesn't like people getting close to them.

-While she can't exactly lay her head on the pillow like others she tends to sleep holding the pillow to her face, and she has frightening nightmares when it's taken away.

-Carries chocolate around to give to upset kids.

-Was once proposed to, but they vanished suddenly the next day. Which makes her nervous about romance.

-Is quite proud of her name, as her parents gave it to her and she respects that, but prefers Gwen because it's easier for people to say.

The Hero has Arrived

Spoiler

NL4wo2Y.png?2
“There’s nothing I can’t do with heart and uhh determination! Come at me I’ll take you all on! Stop laughing!”

Name: Mackenzie “Mac"
Species: Heliolisk (Helioptile)
Favored Legend: Groudon

Appearance

Spoiler

iVtasBH.png?1

At 5‘2“ and 100 pounds Mac is about average sized, if slightly smaller. The frills on the side of her head aren't just decoration, they're actually able to detect shifts in weather and Mac can move them around slightly.

Personality

Spoiler

Larger than life is one way to describe her. A complete airhead is another, more accurate, description. Mac has a very weak survival instinct and a serious chip on her shoulder. She likes to fight and especially likes to get up close and personal. Despite that her species being better at a different fighting style. But she’s not about to let that stop her; she’s determined to defeat all her foes and have the grandest adventure of all time! She likes to talk about Legendaries and can sometimes be a bit chatty. She’s relatively friendly though also a little competitive and confrontational. She speaks her mind no matter who it is to, which can get her into a lot of trouble in a world such as this.
She’s brave, reckless, and loyal. If you earn her trust she’ll stick to you and protect you from anything that comes your way. Even if you’re actually much stronger than her. She tends to act tough. That isn’t to say she isn’t tough. She actually is quite hardy but she’s clearly not the strongest Gijinka around.
She doesn’t like when people make fun of her and can be a bit paranoid about others laughing, sometimes assuming they’re laughing at her. She’s quick to start a fight but also quick to apologize after a misunderstanding. She has total faith in herself and those she calls friends and truly believes that with determination and friendship she can do anything.
As mentioned before she truly is an airhead, and subtlety tends to go over her head. She’s not completely gullible though, and if she’s takes a moment to think, she often realizes when she’s being straight up lied to. Unfortunately she tends to act on instinct and trust her heart more often than not.

Biography

Spoiler

Mac was born in Oasis and she never really left it. She had a few friends but none of them seemed to share her fascination with legends and battles. She often got into trouble for fighting but she would still sneak out to seek fights anyway. One of these times, when she was merely 11, she got into it with a much older Gijinka, a Primeape with an attitude problem. He was about to seriously hurt her when a flash of thunder struck and took the Primeape down in one shot.
Mac was in awe, and when she saw the man who had saved her she was sure it was Raikou. The Legend gave a grin and flashed her a piece sign before running off at extreme speed.
Ever since then her love of Legends grew and grew, and she became almost obsessed with studying them. She came to learn of many different Legends, from the mysterious and alien Deoxys to the ancient force that was Regigigas. She took a particular interest in Meloetta, as Mac was a lover of music, but decided that the one she really wanted to take down was Groudon, for the challenge.
Of course she still wished to meet Raikou one day to thank him, as well as meet every single Legend in existence. Giratina terrifies her however, but even that one she wants to face eventually.
She decided to become a Chaser, something her parents weren’t too keen on, especially after Volcanion’s body was discovered in their very city. But Mac was determined, she would set out and achieve her dreams no matter what!

Combat Information

Spoiler

Level: 30 (12)
Ability: Solar Power, Mac gains a power boost when fighting under especially bright sunlight, but every attack weakens her health.

Moves/Powers

Spoiler

Sparks Fly EX!: Learned from Zekrom, Mac can let loose a powerful, blue, bolt of electricity that can combine with its fire equivalent. (Fusion Bolt)

Just Give Me a Sec!: Electrical energy is channeled through her frills and surrounds her body in a slight electrical field. Makes non-physical attacks against her do less damage for a short period of time and increases the power of the next Electric attack she uses. (Charge)

Get Down and Stay Down!: Mac uses her legs to kick out at an opponent, if she connects with their legs this attack slows their movement speed down. (Low Sweep)

Hit Em in the Face...Fast!: Mac goes really fast and slams into her opponent. (Quick Attack)

Sustainable Energy Blast: Mac lets loose a widespread electrical attack that returns energy into Mac's body. (Parabolic Charge)

Who Needs Thunderpunch?: Mac's strongest attack, which can only be used after she has used Charge. It delivers a short-range electric blast at high power. The attack is essentially a suped up punch but it uses Mac's Aura to bypass physical defenses. Can't be used too often or else Mac will pass out.

Other

Spoiler

Theme
Battle Theme

-Hates her name as it's too "girly" so she goes by Mac.

-Loves the rain and loves to play in it, despite being stronger in the sun.

-Really likes music, especially singing. Has had a bit of a fascination with Meloetta.

-Knows a surprising amount about the Legends.

The Curious Derp

Spoiler

KOdFzYH.jpg?1
“There’s just so much to learn, and forget, and learn again!”

Name: Dora
Species: Quagsire (Wooper)
Favored Legend: Jirachi

Appearance

Spoiler

uJhCAAn.jpg?1

Dora stands at an impressive 4 feet, four inches, tall, and weighs in at 65 pounds. The objects coming from her head are actually a form of gills, which allow her to breath underwater. Her arms, like many Wooper, are very weak, naturally, and she has a specially made dress that allows her to tuck her arms inside of pockets and keep them out of the way.

ppm4q4m.jpg

Evolved Form

Personality

Spoiler
Curiosity killed the cat, the phrase is known far and wide. However the second part is less so. “But satisfaction brought it back". Dora wants to know all there is to know about the outside world. And every bit of knowledge gained gives her incredible amounts of joy. She's a kind and easily-amused young lady. The world is one huge wonder to her, every bit of it more exciting than the previous.

She has determination and dedication, but also is quite easily distracted. She bounces from one thing to another in rapid succession. Dora doesn't really know anything about tact and personal space, and will often have to be told repeatedly she can't just run up to a person and ask about some anomaly about themselves.

Forgetful about certain things, such as meeting places and directions, but Dora has a great memory for trivia and facts about people. She likes to see people smile, and she herself is almost never seen without a wide smile on her face. Dora radiates a peaceful and gentle nature, but she's not opposed to getting dirty and having a fight or two. As she sees it as just another way to learn, and experience life.

She wants to become a famous adventurer, not for the usual satisfaction of fame, but because she desires to be an inspiration to everyone who wants to travel. It's not easy to upset her, and she seems to always look for the bright side of things, and the good points in any point of view or personality. As she realizes she has a lot to learn about the world, she can be somewhat gullible when people tell her things, though she's never upset when she learns they were false. Though she can be quite disappointed that her new knowledge was untrue, and her disappointed face is something many would want to avoid experiencing.

Biography

Spoiler

Dora was raised in Merm, as the small kingdom's princess. Her father spoiled her, and protected her, but was often overly stifling. She wanted to explore, to learn about the people outside of Merm. But he was having none of that, he would get angry whenever she brought it up. Secretly she took in knowledge about the outside world, finding artifacts and books. And on multiple occasions talking with the rare traveler in secret.

As she got close to her 11th birthday, her mother, who was sick and they were unsure if she'd survive, admitted a truth to Dora. She wasn't their child. She had come to them, at age 3, brought by a traveler who had a shaky friendship with the king of Merm. Her real father was a Lucario, and her mother a Quagsire. She should have realized this, seeing as neither of her adoptive parents were Quagsire, but she never had reason to suspect.

Her mother urged Dora to leave, especially as her father was getting more and more isolationist. Dora accepted, and left. She decided that she'd try and find the legends, as the stories of Chasers were the most fascinating to Dora. She specifically wanted to find Jirachi. One, because they seemed like a fun Gijinka to make friends with, and two, because she thought maybe they'd be able to heal her mother's sickness.

She set out, but didn't get far before she wound up in deep trouble. Dangerous Gijinka attacked her and the guardian her mother sent with her, wounding the guardian critically. But she was saved by a stranger, and the guardian urged them to take her away and keep her safe. It was clear the guardian didn't want to send her with some random Gijinka, but they believed themselves unable to protect her. And thus Dora has been spending the past year with this strange Gijinka, her curiosity only growing stronger.

Combat Information

Spoiler

Level: 22 (7)
Ability: Unaware. Dora’s amazingly bad observation skills has caused an anomaly where she is unaffected by a Gijinka’s powers giving them boosts to their natural ability.

Moves/Powers

Spoiler

Aqua Shot: Dora shoots out a jet of water, with moderate force, from her mouth. This water is produced in a special organ inside of her tail. (Water Gun)
Fin POWER: Dora slams her tail into an opponent with more than normal force. (Slam)
Mud Bath Pain Edition: Dora shoots out a column of mud that causes damage and slows down the opponent. (Mud Shot)
Zzzz, boom!: Sometimes when asleep Dora lets out an attack in the form of a sound wave. (Snore)
What Goes Around: Dora braces herself, and surrounds her body in an Aura, which reflects physical attacks back at the user. (Counter)
Special Move, Not A Care In the World: A strange ability, Dora can, for a brief time, take no damage from any attack. She however cannot attack with anything damaging, or else it breaks the protection.

Other

Spoiler

-Has become adapt at using her teeth to grab things, sometimes doing it even when her arms would work fine for the task.
-Occasionally falls asleep instead of trying to get up when knocked over.
-Hoarder
-Sings well, and loves to sing.
-Worries about her parents, and the guardian she was forced to leave behind, but believes they will meet again.

Themes

Leaving Home

Curiosity!

Daily Life

Get Those Crowds ROARing!

Spoiler

5bGoK6n.png

"You've messed with the rest...now get ready, to take on the best! The Rising Sun...RANDY ROARTON!!"

Personal Information

Name: Randy "The Rising Sun" Roarton
Species: Incineroar
Favored Legend: Solgaleo

Money/Items:

Spoiler
  • 1500 Poké
  • Map of Region
  • Incinium Z (put on a chain and worn as a necklace around his neck)
  • Lemonade
  • Fire Gem
  • Black Belt
  • TM - Acrobatics

Appearance:

Spoiler

incineroar_da_by_leomon32-dampok0.jpg

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 183 lbs

At first glance, one would think that Randy is older than he is, given his appearance looking like it. However, this is something he inherited from his father, which he looks older when he really isn't.

Depicted above is Randy's general clothing appearance. The only difference from the general appearance is that Randy wears a necklace with his Incinium Z hanging around it. Outside of the general clothing appearance of Randy, he does seem to have a very obvious snaggle-tooth on the left side of his mouth, which is plain to see whenever he talks or even smiles.

Personality:

Spoiler

Whats a professional fighter to do...or rather act? Would it be arrogant and cocky in his own abilities? Well, that is one area that Randy definitely has going for him. While he doesn't treat those around him in an arrogant manner, he does show his arrogance and cockiness whenever he's fighting against his opponents, whether it be in a professional match or even outside of the ring.

While his arrogance and cockiness in his abilities is a defining feature of this Incineroar Gijinka, it doesn't define him fully. In truth, Randy is a kind-hearted and gentle giant to those around him (be it friends or even fans) and does whatever he can to go out of his way to help them with whatever they need. Along with this, Randy has a sense of humor and will try his best to joke around however he can (be it by telling a bad joke or even by doing something silly). However one of his weaknesses that is present happens to be his pride. While he is a generally nice Incineroar, he is a bit too proud. His pride wants him to be seen as an individual who's strong and is always wanting to be seen in such a manner.

In battle, as stated, he shows a great deal of arrogance and cockiness in his abilities when he fights. However, there is also a bit of his pride sprinkled into the mix, but is it the pride of being a fighter or his personal Incineroar pride? That is something most people around him wonder...but to Randy, its definitely a combination of both. And in the area of defeat in battle, Randy might lose his cool ever so slightly (he's a Fire type, cut him some slack), but he's still gracious in defeat...taking it as a learning opportunity to see where he can improve.

Biography:

Spoiler

"Sit back and I'll tell ya my story...the story of the brightest star to grace the world!"

Born and raised in Alola, Randy Roarton was one that knew exactly what he wanted to do with his life: being a pro wrestler. Its something that always captivated the young Litten and he wanted to be just like his childhood heroes: the Alolan Golem known as "The Boulder" and the shiny Incineroar, known only by the mask he wore: "Sol Mask". Between these two, it made Randy really want to become a star just like them, and to have people cheering for him.

As the years went by, Randy tried his best to practice and do the moves he possibly could, trying to emulate his childhood heroes. However as time went by, Randy saw that Sol Mask had lost a match against a new upcoming Pokémon wrestler, a Blastoise named Torrent, who challenged Sol Mask for his championship title. Unfortunately, it was a match that was played dirty and to the opponent's favor, ultimately ending in Sol Mask's defeat and immediate retirement from the Professional Pokémon Gijinka Wrestling Federation (PPGWF). After this, it was rumored that Sol Mask dropped off the face of the world, and it was all because of a dirty trick of Torrent, using a Z-Move to heal himself, which was against the rules put in place by the PPGWF. Enraged at this, Randy kept practicing and training, wanting to avenge his childhood hero and challenge the new champion. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to beat him right away, but he knew if he worked his way up the ranks...he would. With a family friend, Charlie, training to become the wrestler he wanted to be would be a much better road for him to achieve.

When he finally evolved into an Incineroar, Randy joined the PPGWF and started to make his name...and boy did he make it. Upon joining, he won his first official match against a Kommo-o known as Susanoo, and swore he'd be going straight to the top to knock the "king" off his throne. At this point, Randy Roarton was labeled a "Heel" while Torrent continued to be the PPGWF's "Face". Nevertheless, Randy didn't care about that...he let his actions do the talking. However, good things never last for long...

On the eve of the match that would allow Randy to reach the tier of the PPGWF's top wrestlers, something happened on Alola. The islands came under attack by a strange army with some strange beasts leading them. Randy would've absolutely love to bash heads in, but he thought of the young children that were in the midst of the panicked escape from this, so he made sure they were safe instead. Randy made it to the escape boat with the children, reuniting them with their families, only to see a strange sight...both Solgaleo and Lunala...wounded terribly. He was impressed that such legends were here...and wounded terribly. As the ship left the islands, Randy was wanting and planning to speak to at least Solgaleo about what happened to them, unfortunately they were already gone...somehow.

That's where he met the group he found himself with, Keanu, a laid-back Pikachu surfer and Marie, a young headstrong Popplio...rather, a Brionne now, as well as the newest addition, Nani, a mysterious Mimikyuu. The adventures beginning in Adarid with Northshore and he immediately got the feeling that this new region would provide him with what he needed. A true challenge and test of his skills. Meeting with Legendaries, namely Moltres and an encounter with Yveltal, along with a Godslayer Tyranitar, Allie...and of course, a blood-thirsty fighter in the Zoroark, Blake...it was obvious Randy would be enjoying himself and be put to the test. And with a new found want to be one of these, Chasers, just to fight against the Legendaries, he knew he was going to get even stronger.

With all this happening, Randy is hoping that things will eventually go back to normal...at least just long enough for him to kick the hell out of Torrent.

Combat Information

Level: 41
Ability: Blaze
Level Up Journal:

Spoiler
  • 1+ Level ~ 1000 Post (Lv. 34 -> Lv. 35)
  • 1+ Level ~ Defeated Godslayer Allie in Northshore (Lv. 35 -> Lv. 36)
  • 2+ Level ~ Defeated Yveltal in combat in Mowloo (Lv. 36 -> Lv. 38)
  • 1+ Level ~ Defeated Heatran in combat in Trailsau (Lv. 38 -> Lv. 39)
  • 1+ Level ~ Defeated Godslayer Allie in Trailsau (Lv. 39 -> Lv. 40)
  • 1+ Level ~ Defeated Godslayer Ryu in the Tower (Lv. 40 -> 41)

Moves/Powers:

Spoiler

Current Moves

• Darkest Lariat | Dark | Physcial - "These fists of mine overflow with a powerful darkness! Their deathly glow tell me to grasp victory! HERE I GO!! DARKEST LARIAT!!!" Randy swings both his arms and hits the target. The target's stat changes don't affect this attack's damage.
  • Close Combat | Fighting | Physical - The user fights their target up close with a fierce tenacity without guarding themselves. This also lowers the user's Defense and Sp.Defense.
  • Fire Fang | Fire | Physical - The user bites with flame-cloaked fangs. This may also make the target flinch or leave it with a burn.
  • Fire Blast | Fire | Special - The target is attacked with an intense blast of all-consuming fire. This may also leave the target with a burn.
  • Acrobatics | Flying | Physical - The user nimbly strikes the target. If the user is not holding an item, this attack inflicts massive damage.
  • Malicious Moonsault | Dark - This Z Move is unique to Randy and Incineroars as long as they have the Incinium Z. The user strengthens its body using its Z-Power and crashes into the opponent at full force.

Previous Moves

• Brick Break | Fighting | Physical - The user attacks with a swift chop. It can also break barriers, such as Light Screen and Reflect.

Misc. Information

Randy's Theme (Alternative) | Battle Theme (Alternative)

• Randy's name is a literal pun off of an actual professional wrestler's name: Randy Orton.
  • Another name that was considered for Randy was "Kekoa", which was Hawaiian for "the warrior".
  • Randy does speak with a Hawaiian accent, this being a nod towards Incineroar's origination in the Alola region, the Hawaii of the Pokémon world.
  • Randy happens to be quite fond of drinking Lemonade after a battle. However, his one weakness happens to be in the form of the food, Lava Cookies.
  • Randy's two childhood wrestling heroes are based off two other wrestlers: The Boulder - The Alolan Golem is literally based off Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Sol Mask - The shiny Incineroar is actually based on a wrestler by the ring name "Tiger Mask", a character from a manga, but happens to be the persona of countless professional Japanese wrestlers. That said, Sol Mask, instead of wearing a Incineroar (tiger) mask, he wears a Solgaleo (lion) mask
  • Fun fact: Incineroar have the similar color style and appearance to a "Tiger Mask W" character: Tiger the Dark. That character is also usually known in the wrestling world as a "Heel" or a villain-esque character, something that Incineroar reflects as its Pokémon classification: Heel Pokémon.
Edited by Chaos Sonic

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: Feel free to finish off the Skuntank however you'd like and then figure out what to do with the unconscious cannibals. And then y'all are in free mode until you want to move on.

Karaoke: FLYING ON A JET DRAGON. So yeah, y'all gonna get to react to that and then do what talking you want to do while in the air. Let me know if you guys want much time for that.

Showdown: So Scarlet and Veronica have two attacks, the pincer THousand Arrows, and the electric waterfall, coming their way. Rep should probably try and post first, then Sethera, then Hyde.

Mac: Respond to Miltank, go about your day, do what y'all want tbh

NND: Next post will have y'all arrive at the city. For now I gave some things to react to. Feel free to write out the soldier's lines unless it has something to do with plot/setting stuff then ask me.

Also Saiku you still need to put your apps back here lol

With that I'll try and post every Sunday for this.

After IC

Spoiler

Showdown: Isole used her special move, a priority Ice attack, and as is obvious ZYgarde is going to try and basically smash Veronica if given the opening to.

Karaoke: More flying, more interaction, probably will skip forward soon unless y'all want more time.

Alola: You're near the outskirts of the city now. Won't bother with a map mostly because there's not really much of a shape to the city and not much there overall.

Mac: More talking with the Miltank, and Mac has just said something shocking to her.

NND: And now you're reaching Merm. And can finish up interacting with the soldiers and each other if you so wish.

As always let me know if you are out of combat and want to speed things up a bit or slow them down and if you need anything from me.
Wonder how many people read these...

After IC

Spoiler

First, for NND and Mac. Decided to wait on this one because didn't want to go too far ahead. But next week I WILL be moving us along so please, to everyone (including you Saiku), take care of what you want to before we advance. Get lines from me if you want to talk to a character and such.
Hakimoo this is 2 weeks in a row, I know why, but...

Anyway

Karaoke: Welcome to Alpha! Everything is totally normal and nothing weird happened or is happening at all. Have fun in this happy friendly land!
Rep you might want to get some info from me. Just normal things, you know how it is.

Alola: ENTER THE MOST OVERWHELMING FORCE IN THE GALAXY
or something not so impressive maybe

Showdown: Tried to get a bit of Veronica action in there just in case but would like if Sethera could post soon anyway.

After IC

Spoiler

Not a whole lot mostly cause headache making it hard to focus.

Alola: If any of y'all want some tasty dialogue let me know.

Mac: So yeah if either of you want to do stuff let me know. Or y'all can leave or sleep or whatever.

NND: Welcome to Merm! Y'all can keep going along just ask me if there's any specific things you're wanting to do/ask and such. The destination is a series of towers in the middle of the city.

Showdown: So, Sethera, Isole and Taiga's attacks are close to same time but Taiga's much faster and Zygarde goes after.

Karaoke: Woo, Bisharp. This is like, half free time, so y'all have a bit more freedom to move around after the talk with the Enforcer.

After IC

Spoiler

Team Alola: Okay, so now there's a biiiit of an issue. The children are going after a Legendary. Might have to get info from each other and me to avoid going too slowly here.

Karaoke: Up to you, Rep, time to introduce Lok's family! Have fun!

Mac: Alright next day, feel free to go at your own paces. I left a bit of info about the wedding area if anyone wants to go there. Ask for more if you want.

NND: Dora is officially a Disney princess. And now you met her daddy. Why aren't there good Male Kingler Gijinka?

Showdown: Rep miiight want to specify what Scarlet is doing honestly. Can't really work together if she keeps not....attacking.

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: Okay so now you're in the city itself and things are a bit nutty right now. You can try and avoid everything and look for the children or try something else, up to you.

Karaoke: Go Rep Go it's still your show. And yeah, technically the family would know Gwen.

Showdown: You both get 2 levels as the battle is concluded. And now Zygarde seems a bit abashed and is offering food. The room you're in is very dark, also, so it's tough to see things.

Mac: Saiku feel free to have Kazo notice Mac or not. Sethera if you want Ari to do anything else lemme know.

NND: And the king has given some info, responded to y'all, and has asked what it is you want. If anyone needs dialogue let me know.

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: So yeah, it's a brawl going on. Besides the ones I mentioned there would be various Gijinka, mostly Flying, Fire, Electric, Ground, and Fighting, around. You can make some up if you want, there's not a really solid set of Gijinka so it's kinda free combat atm.

Mac: So yeah, time to talk to mama kazo

NND: More talking, gave some options for things to do, and the king seems bothered by the idea of Dora fighting.

Karaoke: Wooo Gwen's family. Well, most of it. Interact!

Showdown: Yes Isole is force feeding Taiga.

After IC

Spoiler

Karaoke: You're not stuck on the couch but Blair and Sabrina will most certainly pout at you aggressively if you try and leave.

Alola: More fighting but also Heatran is popping up to say high. He's really high up though so can't really say anything to him that he'd hear or anything like that.

Showdown: Zygarde obviously has a chip on her shoulder. She doesn't seem aggressive right now but she does seem to be upset. Also these berries and roots are slowly regaining everyone's health.

Mac: More talking yay! If y'all get bored of this we can move along.

NND: Feel free to go wherever it is you want, ask me for info on what you find, the soldiers will follow. Also note that you can split up if you want.

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: Remember that for a while they're just gonna keep coming. If there's any action besides the combat you need me for feel free to ask.

Showdown: Anything else you want to say to Zygarde before leaving go ahead. And feel free to go into "freestyle" mode for a bit here since after talking to Rayquaza you can wander around. Also yes that's Kyogre.

Karaoke: Another Dusknoir dad! Better think fast! Also don't forget to respond to the twins, too.

Mac: Just continuing the conversation and being a little troll~ Bout time to move ahead I think.

NND: Until Sethera states what they're doing try and not bring too much attention to Easter (besides the stuff before you go to the prison)
and yeah, if you're careful you can talk without the soldiers hearing but they aren't super far away

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: As before, continue on with fighting. Remember you can add your own stuff to it too.

Karaoke: Respond to big papa. Also, if someone wants to continue till when Gwen comes back in and mealtime that's fine just be sure the other is fine with it too.

Showdown: Down time. Feel free to time skip around and talk to the legends currently there and all that. Will move on when you're ready.

Mac: Feel free to add more stuff about the house and such Kazo. This'll be the last stop before I move towards the wedding.

NND: Gisei told his story, seems to think you have something you're hiding, and feel free to ask more things or tell more things.

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: Randy is a bit stuck atm, and Marie is now at the foot of the volcano. Nani is uh...somewhere in the middle?

Karaoke: Feel free to move to the eating time and such. Food would be a lot of grains mostly.

Showdown: Gave some interaction, remember you can stumble on Isole too if you want, and let me know when you want to move on.

Mac: Noticed it felt unnatural to time skip to the wedding just then. So continuing with this for now.

NND: More Gisei talk, bit more information, and the soldiers are getting antsy.

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: So yeah, the Sandstorm isn't super intense but it will cause some issues with climbing. The kids aren't going very fast though.

Karaoke: dun dun duuuun. Yup, Kayla got caught doing something. If you want to go out and see what's up and want info let me know

Showdown: I'll continue interactions until you guys want to move on.

Mac: I realized too late idk how to make a wedding interesting when writing so yeah, we're in interaction mode, feel free to talk to the bride and bride. The Miltank is also there, as are the old ladies you met before, and the kids.

NND: Maybe found the location of Phione, and Gisei is growing a bit suspicious
At the moment how I'm handling Easter is that he hung back and is distracting the soldiers so they don't interrupt too early. If that's an issue for you, Sethera, we can work something else out when you return.

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: Well, laid it out in the post tbh. Any concerns bring to me but basically let's see how you figure out this "puzzle"

Karaoke: Oh no, Kayla was caught doing a bad. What do? Make sure to ask if you want any lines/reactions.

Showdown: Only wrote for Hyde cause Scarlet isn't doing anything. If you want something, rep, ask me and we can maybe figure out a place to go or a person to see.

Mac: Mac is up and is now caught in the trap of talking with the blushing bride. Probably soon I'll have "a thing" happen.

NND: And short post but yeah, probably don't have much more time to talk/question Gisei. Also, Hakima, where you at?

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: Marie and Nani are near the top of the volcano, Randy near the bottom, and Trevor and the kids are floating a bit above where Randy would be.
Heatran seems to be growing more impatient.

Karaoke: And a task has been given. Accept or not and ask what you need and such.

Mac: And there he is, The Great Green One. Note that people will be more energetic and such now, drinking laughing and generally being merry.

NND: So for now, though if Sethera returns they can negate this/change it up a bit, Easter is going with the Tentacruel. To talk to the king, supposedly, and the other two are staying down with Denku and Brooke.

Showdown: Yeah it's a bit short but if you wanted to do anything before leaving let me know and we can include that. otherwise welcome back to Oasis.

After IC

Spoiler

Alola: So...volcano is gonna erupt soon. Perhaps something can be done about that, though...

Karaoke: If anyone had more business in the city let me know I can hook you up but otherwise we'll be traveling for a post or two (a couple days IC) and such

Mac: Tornadus has noticed our heroes and their brave, totally shared, confidence in battle.

NND: So, this is a bit important. You'll have a couple more rounds before the King gets word of what you all asked and such so if you wanted to do/learn anything before then do it soon.

Showdown: Isole grumpy. Old lady snippy. Seems she has something important going on and doesn't quite recognize you yet.

After IC

Spoiler

Mac: If interactions are going a bit slow let me know, otherwise will keep up this pace.

NND: Woo, fight time. Gonna just list the full movesets cause, while I don't want this to be over instantly, it's not the type of battle that requires a lengthy fight.

Gisei: Level, 39, Mega Launcher, Moves: Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Crabhammer, Vice Grip

Poliwrath: Level, 35, Damp, Moves: Circle Throw, Submission, Bubblebeam, Doubleslap, Ice Punch
Starmie: Level, 34, Natural Cure, Moves: Spotlight, Signal Beam, Bubblebeam, Psybeam, Whirlpool

Alola: And so the fight with Heatran has started. (Also Nani has met up with Trevor)

Heatran: Level 87, Flash Fire, Moves: Lava Plume, ???, ???, ???, ???

Karaoke: As usual interact and get info as you wish. Will continue moving forward unless given a reason not to.

Showdown: Seems that the old lady "doesn't" know anything. Very subtle, I know.