Saikazo

advanced rp Yugioh: Project Crimson

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

Everything was confusing. This sudden storm of going-ons was making her head a tiny bit, the fact that the boy had appeared was nice, reuniting him with his sister was a positive thing for sure... 

But everything that followed was definitely not on her list of amazing happenings. The boy suddenly wanting to drag his sister away was all fine and well, understandable even. They didn't know anything about each other, it was fine for him to want to get away from them. But the fact that a sudden blast of light from seemingly nowhere was sliced in half by Barbatos falling from the ceiling? Now that was just a bit too much for Octavia, a shocked look on her face as she stumbled back a tiny bit. 

The blasts hitting the shelves on either side of the aisle made her yelp as she jumped back in response, her eyes widening again as she gulped, "W-What the?!"

"Please. continue shopping, I will gather these runaways and meet you up front. Take care of my cart, will you?" 

This wasn't at all what Octavia had been planning when she signed up for a grocery trip. The fact that their cart was tipped over by nothing at all completely confused poor Octavia, who just did her best to try and start picking up things that had been sent scattered across the ground. Now there were two carts to take care of, one filled with the goods Barbatos had collected, and their much less organized snack cart.

"L... let's get back to shopping, then."

"...R-Right." Her voice was shaking as she started to wheel off the extra cart with Natsumi, taking care to avoid anything that seemed like it could send the buggy spinning off into the distance. Everything that happened there was far beyond what she had expected to happen during the shopping trip and she was suitably subdued in her voicing of what to grab, instead grabbing a few staple things that could be useful in the cooking. But all things considered, her contributions after everything was... Unsurprisingly slim as she just played over that scene in her head, over and over as they begun to check out.

"Did you see them, too?"

"See what? The kids? The sword?" She frowned a bit as her elbows propped up on the handle of the buggy, her head resting on her hands as she mumbled, "You're gonna have to be more specific, that entire aisle was left a nightmare... Do you know what caused that?"

After the chaos of the grocery trip, the two girls would find Barbatos waiting for them at the registers, not acknowledging all the destruction that had just went down. The cashier themselves seemed unnerved by this, and was quick to check them out. When they went out to the truck, Barbatos actually let them in the cab of the truck, since there was only two of them now. It wasn't uncomfortable per say, but they were closer to each other than most people were used to. It might not have helped Barbatos was playing some sort of anime music all the way home.

However, it wasn't that long of a ride, and after they had parked, Barbatos let them go, demonstrating that he could carry all the groceries all by himself.

And as such, the day passed on...

Soon, the moon rose into the night sky, illuminating the prison with its soft glow. The workers had disappeared into the night, leaving everyone to get ready for bed. They had learned that their bedrooms also had two bathrooms, perfect for each person to get ready for bed. They were provided with their own shower and the things needed to clean themselves off, along with a sink and other personal hygiene supplies.

For Zirco, this was absolutely refreshing. He could shower for as long as he wanted to, and by god was he going to do so. He had spent a good half an hour in the shower, just enjoying himself in that shower, not thinking about things like the project, or Leiko abandoning them. It was a pleasant change of pace. It was such a nice chance of pace that he nearly walked into the bedroom naked. Thankfully, before he could even open the bathroom door, he remembered that he was sleeping with other people and they wouldn't appreciate the sights.

In the end, he walked out dressed in only shorts, flopping on his new bed. "Man, this is much better than the one back at the lab...," He muttered as he snuggled into the pillow. He opened an eye, looking at his roommate, the dreary looking girl. "You gonna be okay sleepin' there?" He asked.

OOC

Spoiler

So it's now night time! Yeah. I got stuff for Jet, just need him to post first. The rest of you all... sweet dreams, and enjoy your new roommates.

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

Finally, the night came and Jet was extremely exhausted. This entire day had worn him out...well...worn him out mentally namely. Being dragged into this "prison", meeting others in this strange project headed by a Kaiba, watching that Zirco fellow flawlessly summon his Duel Dragon...and that was only today. Tomorrow still held some strangeness, he was sure of.

Nevertheless, Jet walked into his room, noticing Mr. E wasn't there. Finally, no one could stop him from finally sleeping. With a loud yawn, Jet collapsed on his bed, beginning to become one with it before slipping towards the realm known as Dreamland in order to finally get some sleep.

Oh how he wished that was how things went...

Suddenly Jet heard a knock on the door. "Okay girl, it's time for a slumber party!!" The door busted opened, and a woman walked in, waving at Jet. "Are you ready for tonight?"

Jet let out a groan, hearing the voice only to look at who walked in...and it was...not what he was expecting. "Uhhhhh..." he simply said, blinking a few times before sitting up, rubbing his eyes some. He was obviously seeing things.

The woman looked back, blinking to herself. "Oh. I um... I thought because we had more girls I'd be bunking with a girl. I suppose I should changed back...," She looked down at herself. "Then again, these are fun to play with," She commented as she grabbed her breasts. "Hey Jet, you wanna crop a feel?"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...." Jet blinked again, his face turning red just looking at the woman. "W-Who...? W-What...?"

"Oh yeah, I suppose I should introduce myself," She said as she slowly walked over, climbing onto his bed with a coy smile. "If a handsome boy like you must know...," She said as she leaned close to Jet's face, so close that they were almost touching. "My name is...," There was a suddenly puff of smoke, one that quickly cleared. However, when the smoke was gone, the woman was replaced by... "Mr. E!"

Jet blinked...once...twice...three times. This was something that he wasn't expecting, but at the same time, this whole situation of him being stuck here wasn't something he was expecting either. "...u-um...c-c-can I ask...w-what...the a-actual f-fuck?" he asked, his face still incredibly red. "S-Seriously..."

"Well, you see, Mr. Jet," Mr. E said, not moving from his position. "I thought I was going to be bunking with a girl tonight, and I thought they might be uncomfortable sleeping with a guy, so by giving my wand a twirl, I turned myself into a girl,"

Jet blinked again, rubbing his eyes, feeling incredibly uncomfortable in this position right now...simply attempting to push Mr. E up and off. "T-That...didn't a-a-answer anything...w-whatever...I-I'll just sleep i-in the hallway..." he groaned.

"Oh no you don't!" Mr. E said. "I'll just sleep in the other bed there," He pointed to the bed on the other side of the room. "I'll have to fix it up but it isn't bad," He said as he rolled off the bed. "Really now, sleep in the hallway? What an odd notion,"

Jet groaned again, collapsing on the bed again, throwing his pillow over his head. ...w-why...does t-the universe...want to s-screw my l-l-life...? he thought, attempting to fall asleep.

2784Rx2.png?1

What a horrible night to have a curse

Hotaru didn't even notice Zirco's near social disaster. She had a hand on her bed, staring at it, trying to imagine sleeping on it. Truth be told she was nervous. She didn't know what would happen when she went to bed. There were reasons she was kept in such a small room by herself. Hidden away from others. They made sure that if anything happened no one was there to become a victim.

She should warn him. She should warn him. He needed to know.

"You gonna be okay sleepin' there?"

Her shoulders tensed up as he spoke to her. She twisted her neck to look back at him, hair covering most of her face. "Yes..."

Tell him. Tell him!

"Be...careful...if....if you see something..." She looked away and down at the bed. Her next statement was soft, and she had to force it out. "Don't think it's just a nightmare."

Without explaining she made her way into the bed. Crawling under the covers and hiding her face. She would try and stay awake as long as possible.

It didn't take long before she was unable to keep it up. Perhaps due to the more comfortable bed. Or how much she did today. But Hotaru found herself unable to keep her eyes open and soon drifted off into slumber.

---

And that was when it began. It started simply. Zirco would feel a chill. And then there was scratching noises. Something light. Like nails brushing against wood. Just for a moment, however, and afterwards it ended. There was several minutes of nothing. Yet this nothing felt ominous. He would be certain there had been an odd sound.

The moment he started to think he imagined it, the sound returned.

Scratch. Scratch. Scraaaatch.

It had gotten louder. What started as a vague noise became clear. Something was under the bed. Something was dragging claws under the bed. Something large.

The blanket tugged, as if something were pulling it from below, and Zirco would hear something dragging against the floor.

If he were looking he would see a vague shape. Just barely poking out from under the bed. A head, perhaps, and a hand.

No, not a hand. A claw. Gripping the edge of the bed.

The unusual happenings didn't merely extend to their room. Outside of it something was moving. Through the hallways. Anyone who left their rooms that night would see a young girl wandering the halls.

They would only catch a glimpse of her before she turned the corner. Or, if there were no corner, turned through the wall itself.

4ys06lN.png

Octavia couldn't see duel spirits. That was the verdict Natsumi had come to following the shopping trip. She opted against filling the girl in on all the details, simply because it was easier for everyone to leave it at "it was the people" than going into detail on a pair of dragons accompanying them. In the time since returning to base though, Natsumi had put most of her attention into what would be her room. A room she shared with fellow signer Kiyoko. She seemed like a fairly normal girl, especially compared to some of the others that had come out of this project. That was good. After everything else that had happened today, some normalcy was greatly welcomed and appreciated.

So naturally, it couldn't last.

All she'd wanted was to grab a late-night snack, because she was hungry and needed something to tide her over until she woke up tomorrow morning. It was as she opened the door however, that she was met with the sight of a pale girl in a frilly black dress. She hadn't seen this girl before... new staff, maybe? She walked past the bedroom door without so much as acknowledging Natsumi, which was strange enough with the door to her room marking the end of the hall, before turning and walking through the wall. That wasn't supposed to happen. People couldn't do that. And whatever was going on, Natsumi wasn't exactly eager to toy with... whatever this was.

Not alone, anyway.

"I'm going to the kitchen. Do you mind tagging along?" She hesitated, before pointing out into the hall, where the girl had turned and walked through the wall. "Also... you saw that too? Right?"

Kiyoko nodded her head, looking at the wall saying, "yes." Seeming more curious than anything else, the girl walked over to it. Placing her hand against the wall, looking it up and down, the girl merely said. "How strange." With that, she attempted to walk forward, only to crash into the wall and recoil back. Putting a hand to her chin with a pensive look on her face, she looked to her roommate. "How do you think they did it?"

Natsumi felt around on the wall too, trying to find a hidden button, a strange lever... anything to explain what she'd just witnessed. "Not sure. Doesn't seem like there's a hidden door here. It could be that we're dealing with a ghost..." Natsumi couldn't help but laugh aloud at that idea. "But everyone knows ghosts don't exist!" Plenty of things existed in this great big world. From the mundane to the magnificent, the world was ultimately full of wonders, plenty of which Natsumi was sure she couldn't even imagine. But ghosts weren't among those things.

"The kitchen's this way," she commented, turning and starting down the hall. "Let's try not to waste any time getting there and back."

Octavia

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Octavia was left to reflect on the madness of the day. The destruction at the supermarket had thankfully not resulted in anyone getting injured, at least as far as she knew. There didn't appear to be any obvious injuries at least, the cashier was more interested in getting them out of the store than getting them in trouble... Maybe it was because it couldn't be proven it was them?

Being rushed into the cab didn't really bother her, neither did the slightly close quarters. It was better than riding in the back at least, since she didn't have to worry about falling out. She had just kinda listened to the music being played, it wasn't really something she knew anything about, living in wreckage will stunt your cultural growth after all.

With Barbatos flexing his strength and carrying off the groceries on his own, Octavia gave Natsumi a little wave as they went off in their own directions, the girl letting out a little sigh as she wandered through the halls. She wanted to stop by the kitchen and get something to nibble on to pass some time, but considering they just got back from the store... After eating a rather large meal, that she had a snack before, it was probably better to not eat anything else for the day. At the very least, she could snag something in the middle of the night. She dragged herself up towards her room steadily, her hand rubbing at the back of her neck gently. She wasn't ready for the day to be over, she had energy to burn still, but at the same time...

It had been a long, long day.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Octavia opened up the door to the room she was staying in, despite everything, ready to plop down onto her bed and just rest a bit. She wasn't quite sure how to go about greeting Shannon, honestly. The girl was odd, between her insistence towards being the leader, then seemingly just retreating towards their shared room.

"I'm back! Anything fun happen while I was gone?" Clearly the best answer was a bright, just loud and obvious greeting. She couldn't be accused of sneaking in or trying to avoid her if she did it like this. Even if she didn't know if Shannon was still in the room even.

“Ah, welcome back!” Shannon replied instantly, clasping her hands together in front of her face, “I just got unpacked and tidied up a bit, so not really…” She trailed off a bit, pursing her lips, “But you look pretty exhausted for a short trip. Did something happen?”

Octavia let out a little sigh as she collapsed over onto her bed, not even bothering to move the few books that were littered on top of it still from before. She rolled over onto her side slowly, “It… Was strange. We met this little girl, she had knocked a bunch of stuff off of a shelf, her brother wanted to get her away from us, Barbatos had a sword, things got destroyed… I have no idea what happened, by the time I recovered from the shock, we were back at the front of the store and being guided out. Natsumi didn’t really say anything, she just said the other kids did it, but I don’t know how they would’ve managed that.”

After a relatively uneventful day,with one more trip to the dining hall for a quick bite, Shannon found herself preparing for bed. She donned a light gown, frowning a little as she looked around. She figured Octavia would have returned to the room by then, anticipating her first experience sharing a room with someone in years. Octavia seemed quite interesting, too. 

And then she appeared! Not prepared for her sudden entrance, Shannon nearly jumped out of her skin. at the sudden intrusion. However, in the interest of saving face, Shannon very quickly composed herself.

-----

“And you were asking me if my day was exciting?”

Shannon couldn't help but laugh in response, barely resisting the urge to double over in laughter. Recovering, she wiped away a tear from her eye, composing herself enough to continue.

“A sword? Things got destroyed? I don’t think any goings on at our new home would be comparable to that. Though, I must admit I feel like I missed out on something interesting… Surely there’s more to it than that?”

“More to it…” Octavia let her eyes close, cheek resting on her palm, “...Barbatos called them runaways I think. I guess it isn’t surprising there would be other kids who ran off… Like Leiko did. She ditched us during the chaos, I guess Zirco was right.”

“Is that so…” Shannon grimaced, “Disappointing. She had a lot of potential. But, no matter.” The girl quickly turned from the frown back to her constant smile, “With or without her, we’re still a family. But to think there are others like us who aren’t here… Why, what’s losing one family member when we can gain two more? If not still more.”

Octavia shrugged her shoulders a little bit, falling over onto her back as she let out a yawn and rubbed at her face lightly, “He didn’t come back with them, so I don’t think anyone else is joining us. I’m not too bothered about her running off either. You can’t trust someone like her, she was too much of a wild card.” After a moment, the girl added on “I should get ready for bed real quick. I’ll be back in a little bit..”

Shannon nodded as she left, Luster appearing at her side to glance down at her.

"Just goes to show you..." She muttered, the knight placing his hand gently on her shoulder, "Gotta be careful about who you trust. Don't want to be bitten by a snake."

With a huff, Shannon rolled over and closed her eyes, her back to Octavia's bed. She heard her roommate return, but she would rather just fall into her sleep, letting the dark thoughts drift away. Luster would watch over her. Everything would be okay.

Jb1k7yv.png?1

As Natsumi confirmed that the wall didn't seem to be able to be walked through, Kiyoko continued to ponder the mysteries of the girl who passed through it. It was then that she brought up the idea of there being ghosts. As the girl seemed to laugh it off, Kiyoko put a hand to her chin saying, "well, you're right it can't possibly be ghosts." Looking matter of factly at her roommate, the girl bluntly stated, "but ghosts certainly do exist." Without explaining herself, the girl began to go in the direction Natsumi had pointed, beginning to make her way to the kitchen. 

Once they had gotten there, though, Kiyoko was met with a peculiar sight. Rummaging through the kitchen, a piece of freshly stolen meat in its jaws, Kiyoko saw what appeared to be a wolf like creature. It was a rather large wolf with black fur. While that was peculiar in its own right, the patches of the wolf that were missing fur instead exposed bone and rotting flesh, and the dog itself seemed to have light purple fire trailing off of it. "How strange." Kiyoko had put a finger to her chin yet again. Seeing that the wolf was indeed eating something, the girl looked to Natsumi, "I do not know what your experience with ghosts are, but you should prepare yourself. I feel I must rescind my prior comment, as I think that is indeed what we are dealing with." Kiyoko glared at the wolf, seemingly on guard and ready to proceed with caution. 

4ys06lN.png

"But ghosts certainly do exist."

No they don't. Ghosts were the quintessential "thing that can't be explained by science". In a world of science and progress like the one she lived in, there was no place for ghosts. They were things that, if they existed, their existence would be scientifically understood or at least proven by now. The fact that science had yet to prove they were real was proof enough that they were in fact nothing more than superstition and campfire stories. All the same, the two girls started toward the kitchen. Although she didn't believe that it was something as out-there as a ghost behind these happenings, Natsumi remained on guard all the same, and generally tried to stay behind Kiyoko. Whatever had happened with that mysterious girl, it couldn't have been a good omen.

And indeed, a good omen it was not. Natsumi could loosely hear... something, when she and Kiyoko made it to the kitchen, but she wasn't really sure what. And then she heard Kiyoko.

"I do not know what your experience with ghosts are, but you should prepare yourself. I feel I must rescind my prior comment, as I think that is indeed what we are dealing with."

"Hmm?" As Natsumi closed the distance between herself and her fellow signer, she continued "I'm telling you, things like ghosts... don't..." And then she saw that, as she peeked around the corner. Kind of fluffy. Four legs. Black fur. Ghostly aura around it. Glowing eyes. Exposed bone. Big, sharp fangs. Natsumi knew full well what that creature was. And the brief glance of it was enough for Natsumi to not only take several steps back, exiting the kitchen entirely and quietly shutting the door behind her, but to grab Kiyoko's hand and drag her along as well. Though, for Kiyoko, it was probably less "grabbing" and more "nearly crushing in the tighest grip Natsumi could manage". The simple act of not screaming at the sight of it was tough enough.

Why? Why is that thing here? Who owns a pet wolf in the first place!? Even worse, who lets it end up in that sort of condition!? How did it get in here? Did it see me? Can it smell me? It's not coming after me, is it?

"O-O-On second thought, I'm not hungry," she said, clearly a lie. "We should ahhh, uhmm, just, avoid that beast c-completely. And go back to our room. And lock the door. And perhaps... barricade ourselves in. Just in case. Yeah... fo-for your safety of course. I'm not scared." Also an obvious lie.

YxoyLXy.png

As the day went on, and Raijin was just happy to not have done anything too serious at the gym. He had been noted earlier that he had been moved to a different room, much to his apathy. He didn't really care which room he was in, nor did he care who his roommate was. As long as they left him alone, he was going to be fine. And, from what he knew about Tora, he was pretty sure that would be the case. It was around late-afternoon, almost night, when Raijin opened the doors to his new room. The first thing he decided to do was to take a shower. Even though he hadn't done much at all, he still managed to work up a sweat. As he showered, he realized just how tired he was.

When he stepped out of the bathroom, he was still alone in the room. He took a second to take in his surroundings. Obviously it was bigger than the room he had before, as it was meant to house two people instead of one. It even had a second bathroom. "Not bad..." He said to no one in particular, before practically tossing himself onto the bed. The bed was... well, it was better than the ones at the lab for sure. Raijin let out a yawn, before slowly drifting off to sleep. As he did, he started snoring, deep in slumber. He didn't even hear all the commotion that was happening outside, nor did he hear his roommate whenever she came in.

Tora Mori

After spending time riding, Tora had given Gil an earful for a lifetime. After that, she didn't do much of anything else. Dinner came and pass, but she was too tired and sore to make much of conversation. Then, she had retired to what would be her dorm. However, Tora couldn't quite fall asleep. Just outside the bedrooms there was a small common room connected. It really wasn't much of anything-- a particle-board table, a small counter with a sink, a mini fridge, and a microwave, and a few wooden chairs with an uncomfortable couch tucked away at the far end.

At the table, Tora had her brother's deck spread out across the table, and she sat their with her head cradled in her hands, just trying to make sense of it all. She had seen her brother duel a hundred times over, and each time the moves just... made sense. When he did his turn, there was no question whether he had made the right move or not. Sure at first some people would doubt his decisions, but when the duel would play out all doubt would be gone in an instant. He knew just the right moves to make at the right time, even those that didn't seem obvious at all. Some people accused him of cheating, but there was never any evidence beyond just him making a good move. If they ever lucked out with an interview, he would always tell them the same thing: "I never plan these things out. I just run with my gut and my gut hasn't been wrong yet!"

But Tora didn't have his gut instinct, and every one of the card's effects and implications were just another language to her. What would he say to new duelists that didn't have quite a grasp at the game yet?

"First, you need to know your deck. Every card, inside and out. And I don't mean memorize their effects word for word, nobody has time for that. I mean, well it's hard to say... it's like... building a relationship with your deck. You gotta spend time with it, you gotta know it, what it likes to do, what it hates to do, you know maybe take it out for dinner every once and while." Sometimes people laughed at that joke, but it often fell flat.

But Tora knew the deck. It was her brother's deck, why shouldn't she know it? So why wasn't any of this easy?! It should be! Finding itself in the middle of the spread of the cards was her duel dragon, Mach Accel Dragon. She had yet to summon it any practice sessions. It wasn't a matter of not knowing how to Synchro Summon, she knew how to do that. The problem was partially her brother's deck and getting the levels of the monsters to add up just right. He always knew how to do it and whenever the field came together for a synchro summon it was like poetry in motion. But not for her. Every time she tried the total levels would be either too high or too low and she would be forced to start over.

And when she did get close to summoning it, there would be this overwhelming feeling in her mind and her symbol would start to burn. When Zirco summoned his Duel Dragon he made it look so effortless, what was with that?! Tora gingerly picked up the card and looked it over. Her eyes seemed drawn to it and there was a little tingle in her fingers, but she couldn't tell if that was her mind playing tricks on her, or the card itself. Every time she looked at this card it felt like it was trying to tell her something, but she could never figure it out, and the harder she tried the worse her confusion got.

Tora let out a sigh and put the card back on the table. She would continue to stare at her cards well into the night before falling asleep at the table, dreams riddled with card effects and failed combos.

"Be...careful...if....if you see something..." Hotaru looked away and down at the bed.  "Don't think it's just a nightmare."

"The hell does that mean?" Zirco asked, but Hotaru didn't answer, instead going to sleep. Well, whatever, she was probably just trying to scare him. Maybe that's how she got her kicks, he didn't know. He sighed and laid his head down, trying to go to sleep. The sudden chill stopped that though, as did the sound of scratching. "Da hell?" he muttered as he looked around. He couldn't see anything and the sound went away.

Maybe Hotaru just got into his head.

The moment he let his guard down though, the noises came back, and his blanket was being pulled down. Okay, he hadn't even fallen asleep yet for this to be a nightmare. He looked over the side of his bed, and saw it. A claw of some sort, something trying to take his blanket. What the hell was that?! He grabbed his duel disk on the nightstand, igniting the blade, causing a little light to emit from the blade.

"Oy! Whatever the hell is under the bed, you better get up here and face me!" He called out, putting on a brave face. The light was a small comfort but this... this was something he had never dealt with before. "I mean it, if you're gonna try to do something to me, at least look me in the eye while you try!" His heart was pounding in his ears, his body tensing up. He needed to be brave to get through this, just like the experiments... but... what if the thing under the bed wasn't something he could handle? What the hell was going on?

Mr. E enjoyed his teasing of Jet, but then he sighed to himself. "I think I need something to drink. Maybe some of that hot chocolate. That sounds good," He sat up, grabbing his wand and walking to the door. "You want anything Jet?" After getting an answer or none at all, he left the room... leaving the door wide open.

He walked down the halls, ignoring the fantastic going-ons. He was thirsty dammit, and no ghost or spirit was going to stop him from getting a drink.

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Kiyoko was still on guard for whatever antics the wolf before her was going to do. However, the door was soon closed by her roommate as Kiyoko felt a tug on her arm. Looking to see Natsumi begin to pull her away, insisting that they should go back now, Kiyoko merely planted her feet as she was being dragged. As the girl was far more fit then Natsumi, it was fairly easy to stop the girl in her tracks, and gave the other signer a stern look. "Natsumi, this goes well beyond any hunger you may or may not have had and even further beyond our own safety. We are signers, and it is our job to stop beasts such as these whenever the need arises. If we let such a strange creature run amok in our kitchen, then not only may people get hurt, but we'll have no food and everyone will be hungry!"

Beginning to drag the girl back towards the door, the girl opened it yet again saying, "besides, even if this is a ghost we're dealing with you have nothing to worry about. Because the both of us can see it, there's no way it could possibly try to eat us." After all, it was only the invisible ones that ate people. 

Edited by Skaia

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

God it was noisy out there. The sounds of doors opening and closing kept on going, her attempts to close her eyes were just kinda thwarted each time someone decided to move around the complex. She was used to noise, that wasn't the issue... The issue was the way the noise was interrupting pure silence. Silence was bad, noise at least meant people were accounted for. But here, silence was far more common than noise overall. They had a fair number of people, but it wasn't nearly enough to keep this complex busy twenty-four seven. Each time that silence was broken, it caused her to flinch or jump, prepared to run for her life in case there was an oncoming raid. Of course nothing happened.

But the noises just kept on coming, bumps in the night, sounds of people moving around, it was starting to get a little bit... Uncomfortable. Octavia slowly dragged herself up to her feet as she grabbed her duel disk from the side table, sliding it over her arm as she mumbled, "Something doesn't... Feel right..."

She wasn't sure if Shannon was still awake at this point or not, so actually making noise was off the table. She crept her way across the floor as quietly as she could, before starting to open up the door to their room. The faint light from the duel disk filtered out into the hallway as she took a look glance around. It was more for her own sanity than anything, it was probably just the other 'subjects' moving around in the night, but if there WAS an intruder... She'd like to know about them.

Edited by Kazooie

4ys06lN.png

"Natsumi, this goes well beyond any hunger you may or may not have had and even further beyond our own safety. We are signers, and it is our job to stop beasts such as these whenever the need arises. If we let such a strange creature run amok in our kitchen, then not only may people get hurt, but we'll have no food and everyone will be hungry!"

With every rallying word of inspiration that came from Kiyoko's mouth, Natsumi's expression dropped further and further. Even more so as Kiyoko the lunatic began to pull Natsumi back into the kitchen, an action and direction the girl actively tried to resist. Alas, Natsumi's physical prowess was outclassed by that of her roommate, and so she found herself back in the kitchen. With that dreadful beast.

"Besides, even if this is a ghost we're dealing with you have nothing to worry about. Because the both of us can see it, there's no way it could possibly try to eat us."

Ghosts. Those things that didn't exist.

"Ah... come to think of it..."

Suddenly, the look on Natsumi's face did a 180. With a big confident smile on her face, Natsumi put her best efforts into pushing herself and Kiyoko back out the door, as she continued "Indeed, it's obviously a ghost! No living creature looks quite that bad after all. And as we all know, ghosts can't harm anyone anyway so it's probably best to just leave it alone, unless we want it to put a curse on us or something. Ghosts aren't something we Signers are equipped to deal with, right? I'll look into finding someone we can call about it tomorrow."

The Haunting of Zirco

While Hotaru slumbered not entirely peacefully Zirco was having a much worse time of it. The thing under his bed recoiled slightly at the light but it didn't vanish. He could hear a sound. Almost like a growl. Coming from under the bed. The claw on the side of his bed clutched at it tighter, digging unnaturally long nails into the bedding as the thing pulled itself up.

And the creature pulled itself out from under the bed. And Zirco could see its face. Purple skinned, with no hair, a pair of entirely red and glowing eyes. As well as a disturbingly large mouth so full of such large, sharp, teeth that its lips couldn't cover them. Its lack of nose only served to make the monster look even more unnatural. And a thin, black, tongue flicked from between the thing's teeth. As though tasting the air.

Tasting Zirco's fear.

It hissed at him and crept closer. Moving slowly. Slowly. As though savoring the moment.

The Haunting of Octavia

At first Octavia wouldn't notice anything amiss. Perhaps she could hear movement in the direction of the kitchen, the other signers, but there didn't seem to be anything amiss.

And then she saw her. At the end of the hallway. Looking back and forth as though lost. A young girl.

She didn't seem to notice Octavia even as she made her way towards the girl. Once she got closer Octavia could see that, if she watched, she could see through the girl to the other side of the hallway. Once the girl took note of Octavia she suddenly turned and walked through the wall to the right.

Spoiler

Reminder if hostman has any issue with my shenanigans his word overrules mine of course. Just having some fun, no real plan, but yeah. Still, don't mind if people wanna collab to expand upon any spookage if Saiku is okay with it.

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

It didn't seem like anyone was there at first, aside from some vague noises coming from the direction of the kitchen. Thanks to her earlier trip for snacks, she felt fairly confident that was where those noises were coming from, at least, that general direction. It wasn't too much to assume someone wanted a snack, right? She let out a little sigh of relief as she was about to shut the door behind her, but...

There was someone outside of their door. Octavia couldn't really place who that was near the end of the hallway, only the general size of it and... That it wasn't really paying any attention to her. She slipped out of the room just a bit to get a closer look at the figure, only to notice how absolutely pale it was... And that it looked like a young girl. It definitely wasn't one of the others, she didn't look a thing like anyone else here. She was almost comically out of place. It was only when Octavia got close enough to notice that she could see through the girl that she started to back away a bit, her legs shaking a little bit.

And then the girl walked through a wall, leaving Octavia alone... Though not for long as she let out a loud gasp and quickly ran back towards the door to the room she was staying in. She quickly slammed the door behind her, possibly waking up Shannon as she let out a loud squeak, "This place is haunted! Get up, get up, get up!"

She leaned against the door as she took a deep breath, her eyes closing for a moment as she grumbled, "I-I saw this weird pale girl walk through a wall, she just poofed on through it! She was wearing a weird dress, it definitely didn't fit in here! This sorta thing isn't supposed to happen. How can this place be haunted but Hearthome be totally-not-haunted with everything that happened there?"

Her voice was going a mile a minute as she rambled, her arms crossed with her hands rubbing at her upper arms slowly, "Oh god. I heard some of the others I think, they were in the direction of the kitchen. Are they okay? Do you think they might be in trouble?"

"This place is haunted! Get up, get up, get up!"

Shannon barely managed to mumble as the frantic cries woke her up. She rubbed her eyes and yawned, seemingly unbothered, as Octavia continued.

"I-I saw this weird pale girl walk through a wall, she just poofed on through it! She was wearing a weird dress, it definitely didn't fit in here! This sorta thing isn't supposed to happen. How can this place be haunted but Hearthome be totally-not-haunted with everything that happened there?"

"Hey, I thou-" Shannon tried to cut in as she sat up, only for the other girl to continue rambling.

"Oh god. I heard some of the others I think, they were in the direction of the kitchen. Are they okay? Do you think they might be in trouble?"

"I doubt it, just breathe," Shannon got her word in edgewise, nodding to herself as she took the reins of the conversation, "First, do you see anything out of the ordinary at this time?"

Octavia frowned for a moment, her hands fidgeting with each other as she shook her head, "Not right now, but there was definitely a strange girl. She just poofed her way through a wall! Like there was nothing there!"

Shannon looked at the dragon standing over her shoulder, silently watching. Strange. If she couldn't see Luster, then she couldn't see spirits. Right? 

"Would you believe me if I told you it was likely a card?"

She just took a deep breath as she shrugged her shoulders lightly, "Maybe it was, but I think I would've noticed if there was someone there playing cards to just... Mess with people. There was no one else around...

"Understandable... But is it not more plausible to believe an object that people place their hopes in would have a spirit than a ghost appearing?"

Octavia shook her head quickly, "Nope, this is totally a ghost." She crossed her arms, a little huff escaping her as she did, "If it is a spirit, then... What's the difference? They're functionally the same right now, we should still be worried about the others!"

"Why, the spirits of cards can't hurt anyone, silly." Shannon giggled softly, "Even if you can see them, they can't touch anything... So why would anyone be in danger?"

She frowned for a moment, her hand reaching up to her cheek as she mumbled, "Are you sure about that? If you're wrong..." She glanced back at the door, a little sigh escaping her, "...I hope you aren't wrong, it really did sound like someone had left their room..."

"I suppose you wouldn't believe me, but I have a spirit that follows me around," Shannon added, motioning to the air beside her, "Of course, you're welcome to believe I am simply insane... But I'll tell you that Hotaru has a giant zombie dragon following her, too. Maybe she's the source of the spirit?"

She let out a little sigh as she rubbed at her head, "...I can't tell if that's honesty or bull, but that's basically the story of the entire day. Nothing makes sense here, but that doesn't really..." She leaned against the door, slowly slumping down some as she did, "If she's the source, will they be okay? Or will those things try to attack and hurt people?"

"I can confirm that neither Luster nor that other dragon can interact with anyone... After all, they are spirits. Unless we have a psychic who can also see and call spirits, then there should be no harm posed." Shannon smiled, patting her bed, "Now, as you said, it has been a day for sure. You should get some rest, too. I'm sure no one will be hurt, come morning... And we can try to find more about it then. Does that sound alright?"

Octavia took a deep breath as she pushed herself up to her feet, her legs trembling for a moment as she did. She started to drag herself back to her bed, plopping down onto it facedown as she sighed out, "...Fine, we can wait for tomorrow. If they're dead, I'm running off. I don't wanna live in a place that'll kill me overnight."

"Don't worry. I am absolutely certain we'll be fine," Shannon shot a sharp glance to Luster as Octavia laid down, shortly following suit, "Absolutely certain."

Zirco wasn't sure what he was looking at. Some sort of monster with a face not even a mother could love, something that a child would come up with, almost like a boogeyman or something. It sent chills down his spine, and he didn't like it at all. He held his duel disk in front of him, almost hoping the light would drive it away. He didn't like this feeling, not one bit. It reminded him far too much of his days back in the experiment.

He was ready to bolt, before looking over across the room. Hotaru was laying there, unaware of everything going on around her. If he left, would this creature go after her? That wasn't something he could really do now, could he? With a sigh, he attached the duel disk to his arm, holding it up like a wrist mounted sword as he grabbed a pillow, holding it up like a shield.

"Alright ugly, let's do this!" He called out, leaping into the air and plummeting at the monster. However, before he could make contact, he could feel his consciousness slip away from him, and his vision went black as he crashed into the floor. The monster looked over the body, a wide malicious grin spreading over its face as it reached over to devour the boy that laid prone in front of him. However, before it could get any farther, the door opened slowly, drawing the monster's attention. Mr. E stepped into the room, sighing to himself.

At the Garden's Edge

"You poor child... you were not ready," He muttered. "Those scientists, so desperate for their pay and their goals failed to see just how much you were suffering...," He walked slowly towards her, each of his footsteps making not a sound, instead, leaving behind small drops of energy, ones that bloomed into beautiful, otherworldly flowers, slowly changing into every color of the rainbow. As he passed the boogeyman, the flowers began to bloom around it, covering it entirely, until it was nothing but a pile of those beautiful flowers. 

He reached down, touching her head and closing his eyes, using his magic to reach deep into her subconscious, to find the young girl trapped in a nightmare.

In the real world, a strange phenomenon was occurring. The spirits, the ghosts, whatever people wanted to call them, started to glow, brightly becoming every color under the rainbow, until they exploded into flower petals, ones that were carried away in the wind... after that, the prison had become quiet. For the rest of the night... nothing else happened, in fact, it was like nothing had happened in the first place at all. 

oXNSzB8.png

8:00 AM

That morning, a loud sound resounded through out each room to wake up the occupants. Zirco himself nearly fell out of bed, groaning to himself. Was... was last night a nightmare? He shook his head and stood up, looking over to the bed next to him... it was empty. Was Hotaru already up...? Or did she...? He didn't want to think of it... so many people were leaving already.

As soon as they were all ready, they were lead downstairs, where a breakfast as big as yesterday's waited for them, and sitting at the table was Blues, waiting for them, a plate of eaten food in front of him.

"Good morning," He said. "Please, sit down. I'll explain what we're doing today as you all eat," When everyone had gotten food and sat down, Blues stood up, walking back as a holographic map of the Greater Domino Area came on screen. "Today, we're going to be doing the leg work, looking for those blood ritualists," The map itself zoomed into two different cities. "The two cities we're tackling are Turbo City and Hearthome,"

"Let's talk about Turbo first," Mr. E said, gently walking in from the side, and using his staff to point at the screen. "We're planning on sending Shannon,  Jet, Tora, and Zirco there. The area is normally well guarded, as we have the current duel champ living there, but since his master, Jack Atlas, has disappeared, Kyouji hasn't been keeping an eye on the area. He won't even return our calls, the poor thing," A picture of a tall man with spiky black hair and a red headband tied around it appeared on screen. He was clad in a blue jacket and pants, a flame design embedded on his legs and the tips on the jacket. He had a wild yet kind grin on his face, one so distinct that it was nearly trademarked. The name Kyouji Ryuu appeared under the picture, showing the group their target. "So, we'll have you four check the area out, and if you meet Kyouji, try to talk some sense into him. I'd say duel him but...," He paused, closing his eyes and thinking. "Well, I don't think that's a duel any of you could win right now,"

"As for Hearthome, we're sending Kiyoko, Natsumi, Octavia, Raijin," Blues directed the attention back to him as he pointed at the city itself. "Obviously, such a downtrodden and crime ridden city is an easy place to hide things, like blood rituals," He rubbed his chin. "The easiest way to get started is to look for a person known as Dread Knight," A new picture popped up, showing a man in black armor like clothing, and a mask that cover the entire upper half of his face, and a black hood on top of that. Billowing behind him was a long purple scarf. Beneath the picture, the name Dread Knight appeared. "He's a vigilante that protects the city the best he can, and he'll have the most information of any of our contacts," He paused. "I would like it if you could convince him to join our cause, but I doubt he will,"

"Well, that's today's plans! Any questions?" Mr. E asked. Zirco raised his hand.

"... What happened to Hotaru?" He asked, the question leaving the air tense.

"... Well, it turned out she wasn't ready, and... we took her away to get treatment. At the rate it was going, she was going to hurt everyone here, and herself," Mr. E admitted. "I'm sure you'll see her again though," He added optimistically. "Any other questions?"

4ys06lN.png

"As for Hearthome, we're sending Kiyoko, Natsumi, Octavia, Raijin."

Natsumi hadn't gotten much sleep last night. Between the encounter with that hell beast, it subsequently exploding - even if it was into something nice - a non-zero amount of poorly-timed visits from her loathsome duel spirit, and bad dreams about what she'd run into, the girl didn't get a proper night's sleep. And the result of that was Natsumi being in a bit of a haze throughout the morning. She'd been groggy leaving the room, sitting at the table, and lazily nibbling away at her food as Blues and Mr. E explained their mission. However, the mention of her home city and her name caused Natsumi to perk up a bit, paying closer attention to what Blues was saying.

"Obviously, such a downtrodden and crime ridden city is an easy place to hide things, like blood rituals. The easiest way to get started is to look for a person known as Dread Knight. He's a vigilante that protects the city the best he can, and he'll have the most information of any of our contacts. I would like it if you could convince him to join our cause, but I doubt he will."

Indeed... Natsumi hadn't seen Hearthome in its ruined state for very long, but she'd seen it get there, and...

Best not to think about that.

"Well, that's today's plans! Any questions?"

While Zirco was concerned about one of their own - Hotaru, who Mr. E claimed simply wasn't ready for this undertaking - Natsumi wasn't going to stop to think about the ones who weren't cut out for this or the ones who didn't want to be. There wasn't much anyone could do to bring them back into the group really, so it was best to focus on what could be done with the remaining Signers. Natsumi took the cup of coffee she'd left sitting next to her plate of food, and threw her head back, guzzling down the entire mug in one go. The scrunched-up look on Natsumi's face did plenty to speak of how she felt about the taste, but it did wonders to snap her out of this tired groggy haze.

"I'm aware such a thing likely won't be up to date, but can the group going into Hearthome receive a map of the city? Ideally, I'd like one that outlines which territories are under the controls of which gangs."

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

The next morning for Jet, surprisingly brought him to wake up with a yawn, after being awoken by the sound of what he could only describe as an injured animal getting their leg getting stuck in a door after someone slammed said door shut. For some reason, he actually got a good night's sleep, shocking him in the process. Could it have been due to the new location? Maybe it was the strange encounter with Mr. E he had last night that really just made him want to forget that and get rest? Either way, Jet felt a bit refreshed. With another yawn, Jet made his way out of the room, only to be led with the rest of the group downstairs.

Surprisingly, he heard a few murmurs about there being some sort of hauntings the night before, to which Jet only shrugged this off. He actually got sleep last night, so if there was such a thing, it probably would've tortured him to no end...which it didn't. Therefore: they were pulling his leg.

"Today, we're going to be doing the leg work, looking for those blood ritualists. The two cities we're tackling are Turbo City and Hearthome,"

Jet immediately felt himself cringe when he heard the words Turbo City and his hand began to slowly rub along his right arm, grazing his mark.

"Let's talk about Turbo first. We're planning on sending Shannon, Jet, Tora, and Zirco there. The area is normally well guarded, as we have the current duel champ living there, but since his master, Jack Atlas, has disappeared, Kyouji hasn't been keeping an eye on the area. He won't even return our calls, the poor thing. So, we'll have you four check the area out, and if you meet Kyouji, try to talk some sense into him. I'd say duel him but...Well, I don't think that's a duel any of you could win right now."

Yet again, Jet cringed when Mr. E told him that he would be going to Turbo. It was almost like he couldn't ever escape that place, always finding ways to drag his sorry ass right back in. Still, he'd be with Zirco, who seemed to be the only individual at the moment he considered...was the word friend appropriate? Acquaintance? Associate? Whatever the word, least he had someone to talk to.

"Well, that's today's plans! Any questions?"

Y-Yeah...h-h-how do I get out of this c-c-chicken shit outfit...? That was the first thought in Jet's mind, as he kept holding his right arm gently. Truthfully, going somewhere else like Hearthome would've been amazing, but alas, the universe wanted to screw him over again. With a sigh, he held up a hand. "Y-Yes sir...I-I have one." he began. "I-If he doesn't...c-c-cooperate...w-what's the next move?"

Octavia

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The loud sound that echoed through the facility was more than enough to wake up Octavia, her hair falling down in front of her face as she mumbled softly and rubbed at her eyes. It wasn't easy for her to really get active right away once she was out of Hearthome, without having to worry from the chaos of the city, she didn't have that drive to get up and get active immediately. But that noise was almost enough to get her to jolt up like in the past. She stumbled to her feet quickly as she started to get dressed, either not caring that Shannon was in the room, or suitably distracted from that fact as she pulled on her clothing for the day. She tied her hair up behind her head as she took a deep breath, scrambling out of the room before even looking back as she ran out, ready to head down for breakfast and possibly explanations.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Good morning, Please, sit down. I'll explain what we're doing today as you all eat,"

Octavia didn't need to be told twice for that, she was already working on piling up a plate full of various foods and goodies for her to nibble on as busy started up. It wouldn't do any good for her to be caught thinking about serious matters on an empty stomach anyway.

"Today, we're going to be doing the leg work, looking for those blood ritualists," The map itself zoomed into two different cities. "The two cities we're tackling are Turbo City and Hearthome,"

Hearthome. She hadn't expected to hear that name so soon, she figured they wouldn't be dealing with that... Problem until much later. It was going to be hard to restore any sense of normality to a city so downtrodden at this point. But she kept an open mind as she listened to the plan being set forward, well... At least she planned on it, but they started with Turbo City and she wasn't on the team for that particular location. She hummed a little bit to herself as she nibbled on her breakfast, but a growing pit in her stomach was slowing her appetite just a bit.

"As for Hearthome, we're sending Kiyoko, Natsumi, Octavia, Raijin." 

Natsumi was good. Octavia didn't know any of them particularly well, but Natsumi and her had a similar goal in mind. The other two... Raijin was a bit of a wild card and she had no idea what to expect with Kiyoko... And there was also the fact she had no idea if either of them knew what Hearthome was truly like now. She could ease them into it if they did, but... Who knows what had changed since she had started with the program. Her fingers curled a bit tighter around her silverware as she took a deep breath.

The man shown in the picture didn't look familiar to her exactly, but someone growing up in Hearthome was hard pressed to not be able to take a guess at who it was. The rumors preceded him really, the Dread Knight...

"I'm aware such a thing likely won't be up to date, but can the group going into Hearthome receive a map of the city? Ideally, I'd like one that outlines which territories are under the controls of which gangs."

It wasn't a bad idea, having a map, but that was hardly the concern that was on Octavia's mind. She drummed a finger on the table lightly, a little mumble escaping her as she shook her head, before speaking up. "...You really think we can find him, let alone convince him to join us? Gang members speak of him as if he's someone to be afraid of, what are the chances he'll listen to a buncha kids?"

Octavia set her silverware down as she leaned forward a tiny bit, propping her head up on her hand, elbow resting on the table as she did. "I've heard the rumors about this guy, he's supposedly dangerous. I've heard from older members of the gang that he was scary and not to be approached. They never told me exactly what he did, they stopped talking when they found me eavesdropping, so it had to be bad. Are we really going to send us after him?"

She frowned for a moment as he looked around, "Am I the only one who thinks this might be a little bit of a waste of time? I get scoping out the city and seeing the state of things there, but if we're going in with a task like this, we might be setting ourselves up to fail. Do we have a back up idea if this goes south?"

Shannon woke up early, taking the time to get herself ready. She was glad to have her vanity as she brushed her hair, humming softly. The dark room didn't bother her too much, considering she was used to doing this in that dreary cell she had called home up until the night before.

As she dressed herself in a nice suit, she spun back and forth slowly, looking at every angle. Perfect. Always look the part you're playing, after all. A quick glance at the clock told the girl that it was nearly 8 AM, which surprised her. How could someone sleep in like that? Sure, the tests were a bit strenuous at times, but if you're not an early bird, how do you get the worm?

Resuming her humming, she left the room peacefully, making sure to close the door as quietly as possible. As she neared the cafeteria, a strange sound, like a man... yelling? Yodelling? Something? sounded out for about 30 seconds, before going quiet again. Curious. Probably Mr. E's weird idea of a joke alarm. Entering the cafeteria, a glance at the clock confirmed that it had just turned 8, so that's likely exactly what it was.

Getting a cup of coffee and a bagel, much like the day before, Shannon took her seat and politely greeted Blues, before peacefully enjoying her breakfast, watching as everyone piled in... except Hotaru. She waved to her roommate as she had entered with a smile, motioning for Octavia to sit next to her. She was elated when Octavia did just that, though she only showed a slightly wider smile than normal.

Once they were all there, aside from the dreary girl, Blues began.

"Today, we're going to be doing the leg work, looking for those blood ritualists," The map itself zoomed into two different cities. "The two cities we're tackling are Turbo City and Hearthome,"

"We're planning on sending Shannon,  Jet, Tora, and Zirco there. The area is normally well guarded, as we have the current duel champ living there, but since his master, Jack Atlas, has disappeared, Kyouji hasn't been keeping an eye on the area. He won't even return our calls, the poor thing, so, we'll have you four check the area out, and if you meet Kyouji, try to talk some sense into him. I'd say duel him but... Well, I don't think that's a duel any of you could win right now,"

That was well and good, though the choices of companions were... boring, to say the least. Unimpressive, overall. But the more pressing question wa-

"... What happened to Hotaru?" He asked, the question leaving the air tense.

"... Well, it turned out she wasn't ready, and... we took her away to get treatment. At the rate it was going, she was going to hurt everyone here, and herself," Mr. E admitted. "I'm sure you'll see her again though," He added optimistically. "Any other questions?"

"...I see. A pity." Shannon held her smile, but someone near her could notice that she was clinching her fists hard as she spoke, "Well, only those on board should be here, right?"

"Y-Yes sir...I-I have one." Jet spoke up, "I-If he doesn't...c-c-cooperate...w-what's the next move?"

"Why, we challenge him, of course," Shannon chimed in, "While they may think we won't win... We can at least show our resolve, no? Though, I must say that our dear Mr. E is underestimating us, and losing is not my planned outcome~."

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Kiyoko had stood by in the morning, as silent and unflinching as always at the news that had come. Both of their companion having had to leave as well as the start of their missions coming up. As it turned out, the group of signers was being split up, with each half of them taking on a different city. Kiyoko did not really have much of a preference in which city it was she was going to. In fact, she didn't even really know anything about the cities to begin with. As such, a small frown crossed her face, hearing that the place she was going to investigate was as crime ridden as it was. Though, she couldn't really think much about that as the doubts of one of her companions was voiced aloud to them. 

Looking to Octavia Kiyoko, matter of factly, stated, "it's simple. We don't fail. Our task is simple and necessary, and that we are being asked to do this means that there is no one else who could have already. So, we simply have to keep in mind that we cannot fail and we won't." Kiyoko nodded to herself as she made this declaration. "While the Dread Knight might be a problem, if we must cooperate with him and he is unwilling then," Kiyoko gestured to Shannon, echoing her sentiment in saying, "we will simply convince him with both our goal and might. And if he still refuses, then he is merely help, not a necessity." 

YxoyLXy.png

Raijin shot out of his bed as the loud screaming filled the room. "WHAT THE FUCK?" He shouted, falling out of his bed. "Why?" He grumbled, struggling to kick off the sheets on him. Clearly annoyed, he eventually managed to pick himself up, rubbing his eyes as he let out a loud yawn. He made his way towards the bathroom, leaving the sheets on the ground as he got himself ready. He seemed oblivious to anything else in the room at the moment - the only thing in his mind was how pissed he was. He was having a good dream for once too.

Eventually, he made his way towards where the rest of the people. Despite having taken a bit of time to get ready, he still looked like he had just gotten out of bed. From what he gathered, he was being sent to Hearthhome with a group while the other group was going to Tubro City. The other three girls of his group started chatting about the mission while Raijin simply sat there, scratching the side of his head. This was a good assemble of teammate to have - two of them had personal investment in Hearthhome, and the other one was Kiyoko. This was going to be an easy ride, where he wouldn't have to do much. Perfect.

Right on queue, Kiyoko spoke up to answer Octavia's doubts. Raijin crossed his arms. "Hell, if we're lucky this Dread Knight guy is probably already hunting down our cult." He said, placing his hands behind his head as he slouched down more in his chair. "I mean, if they're causing a ruckus he should be on their case, right?"