Saikazo

advanced rp Yugioh: Project Crimson

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"How about helping me?!?"
"... Zirco, what are you doing? I don't think you were meant to literally punch the Duel King. Get up from there!"
"Oh shut the hell up! He clotheslined me off my bike. I'm defending myself!"
"This is absolutely brutish. We can either talk out our differences or...Use a more civilized method. So, which is it going to be?"

Best phrase of words to describe what was going on at the moment? This went to shit fast, was the first phrase Jet thought of when seeing how this whole situation was going. Kyouji apparently attacking Zirco, Zirco defending himself and Shannon literally negotiating to either talk or Duel with the King...meanwhile, he? He just stood there, yawning lightly as he shook his head.

T-This...t-this isn't g-g-good...

"What, you going to stop me from doing this? Don't think you can do anything to stop me. People come down here and disappear without a trace, and now when I come down here, a bunch of suspicious people just happen to come around. Yeah, a nice chat and a spot of tea is what I need to right about now."

Finally, Jet decided to step forward some after hearing the Duel King say this. "...w-w-we had orders t-t-to find y-you..." Jet spoke up. "B-Blues s-said you h-haven't reported i-i-in...a-a-and he sent us t-t-to try a-and find you...a-a-along with a-any c-c-cultist a-activity..."

Apparently, this was the wrong thing to say...

"Oh, so Blues thinks I need babysitters now, does he?" Kyouji snapped. "You go back to him and tell him to shove it up his ass! I don't need his help, nor do I want it!"

Jet simply looked at Kyouji, almost blankly, as the man snapped at him after mentioning Blues. F-Fun...i-i-isn't he just a-a-a ray of s-sunshine... he thought. Truth be told, he had far worse snaps thrown at him during his time at the Turbo Branch. After all, they were all threats and held weight to them. This guy's whole snapping threat and tantrum like shouting didn't bother the young man in the least. He sighed slightly, before glancing over to see what could only be described as Zirco possibly losing his mind. Of course, the guy was doing charades but it was obvious that with the stare he was being given, that he was either really pissed or really trying to get Jet to focus.

With the hand motions, it went Jet...Kyouji...Jet...Kyouji...and this repeated for a while. Once that was established, Zirco's hand motions were now that of him revving something up, ending with one last point at him. Jet at the moment, wasn't too sure on what Zirco and his intense sun like stare was going for at first...but he figured two options. ...h-he wants me...t-t-to r-run him...o-over? he thought, shaking his head lightly. No that couldn't be it...Zirco seemed hardcore, but outright running him over like that? ...d-does HE w-want me to D-Duel him...? That thought worried Jet some, as not even he was thinking he could. But then another thought slipped in. ...w-w-wait...d-does...does h-he want me to...r-race him...?

That last thought was one he didn't think about. Then again, remembering what Zirco was basically signing, wouldn't surprise him. After all, the D-Wheels were good for two things: Dueling and racing. And he didn't happen to see Zirco making a card drawing motion in his little charade movements.

After a moment of deciphering what Zirco was saying, he simply moved somewhat and hopped on his D-Wheel, not saying one word. ...Z-Z-Zirco...y-you best b-b-be right about t-this... he thought, swallowing hard as he started his D-Wheel up and began to rev it.

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Kiyoko blinked in confusion as the Dread Knight had created images from thin air. Looking at the pictures, Kiyoko was more curious as to where they came from as opposed to who was on them. All the same, the girl looked back to listen to the terms that the crime fighting knight had laid out for them. After the man vanished into thin air, Kiyoko blinked, befuddled. Then, looking to the others she asked, "do you think he'd teach us how to do such a thing?" 

With the pictures in tow, the group had headed back to the Arena. Once there, the woman looked between the pictures and the people around. Being able to find them rather easily, Kiyoko looked back to the others and said, "I will go discuss with the older gentleman." Handing the group the pictures, she made her way over to the table. Thankfully, unlike the other tables it seemed to have been cleared, so she hadn't had to feel rude about interrupting. Pulling out the chair, the girl sat down and looked towards the man. 

The man looked up at Kiyoko, turning his head to blow his smoke away from her. "Can I help ya?" He asked. "You lookin' for a duel or... Something else?"

Bluntly, Kiyoko stated, “I am here on behalf of one of your associates. He goes by Dread Knight. He has sent me to you to prove my worth, and if it must be through a duel then so be it.”

"Oh, so Dread Knight sent ya, huh?" He pulled out a deck, placing it on the table. "Now, my test isn't necessarily about duelin' but being able to duel is a skill that'll getcha far in it. But if you wanna duel, I'm game." 

Kiyoko blinked in confusion. She did not, in fact, want to duel him at the moment. If only because she was focused on getting her task done as fast as possible. She had also figured she had conveyed that, so she didn't quite understand why the man would want to duel her as well if it wasn't his test. After a moment passed the girl asked, "so, what is this test of yours?" 

"Well, you see, Dread Knight is having me try to find the headquarters of this cult," he explained before taking a puff of his cigarette. "They're good at covering their tracks, so much so that even Dread Knight can't track them down. We're going to take you on one my runs around the city and see if we can find any clues. If you're helpful enough, you pass,"

Nodding, her expression now brightening up, the girl said, “well if that is all there is to it. I will accompany you and easily prove both my skill and worth!”

"Sounds good. Take a breather though, maybe get some snacks. We're heading out in a bit, but gotta make sure we're ready. Got a name, kid?"

“Kiyoko. Kiyoko Matsumoto.”

"Cool. You can call me Dick. Dick Greyshoe,"

“I see.” Kiyoko nodded. “Then I look forward to working with you Mr. Greyshoe. Now, if you'll excuse me.” Standing up from the table, Kiyoko made her way back to the group saying, "I have found our first test. And as luck would have it, it is both a simple one and helpful to our cause." 

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

That chuckle was good at least. The fact that he hadn't immediately dismissed them was very good, they have a chance still, which is the important thing right now. It wasn't like they had the best chance at getting his help still, he didn't seem especially eager to help them just yet, but they had a chance...

Octavia watched as the Dread Knight handed Kiyoko something, she couldn't quite get a good enough look at what they were as she tried to crane her head a bit. The sight on the pictures made her hum a bit, those were definitely faces she had seen back in the arena not too long ago, so this shouldn't be too hard of a task for them thankfully. She gave the Dread Knight a small nod, not saying another word to him as he vanished into the air.

"do you think he'd teach us how to do such a thing?" 

She let out a small laugh at that, shaking her head a bit, "...Maybe if we manage to win his favor, let's get going."

She left with the group to return to the arena, a small sigh escaping her as she rubbed at her head. She wasn't entirely sure how they were supposed to convince these people to put in a good word with the Dread Knight, all things considered. Kiyoko very quickly announced her intent to go over towards the older man, and she let out a little puff as she rubbed at her cheek, whispering softly as she did, "...Damn, I didn't want to go with the druggie."

Regardless of her wants though, she made her way towards the man snorting that powder, a serious look on her face as she put a hand down on the table, leaning forward a bit, "I'm gonna get straight to business." She lowered her voice a bit as she glanced around, making sure that it was... Less likely that people were listening in on them while she had the opportunity, "You're an associate of the Dread Knight. He's sent us to you and another guy of his to prove that we deserve his help with stomping out some troublemakers. What's the task that'll get us a positive referral?"

She didn't waste any time getting right to the point, a total lack of emotion on her face as she spilled that out on the man.

Edited by Kazooie

"What, you going to stop me from doing this? Don't think you can do anything to stop me," the duel king pointed out. "People come down here and disappear without a trace, and now when I come down here, a bunch of suspicious people just happen to come around. Yeah, a nice chat and a spot of tea is what I need to right about now," He growled as he cracked his knuckles. However, at this point, his attention wasn't on Zirco, instead on the other two.

"My, you really are quite boorish. For a king, I expected someone a bit more refined. Though, I can't exactly blame your conclusion..." Shannon muttered, only for Luster to poke her in the back and motion to the boy on bottom, trying desperately to mime something. And that something was...?

"I think he's telling you to slip away to those warehouses."

"How on earth..." Shannon muttered, before turning away from Zirco and Kyouji, "I guess it takes someone silent to understand, charades, hm?"

Walking away with a sigh and a shrug, Shannon didn't even bother turning around before continuing, "Well, I suppose I can't stop you, so I'll leave you boys to it."

Climbing onto her bike and revving it up, Luster cast a glance at the jittery boy. To his understanding, Jet was meant to race Kyouji. Should he have told Shannon...?

Kyouji seemed to be losing his patience with the group, however, something peaked his interest. Jet revved his engine, making Kyouji look over to the boy with a bit of surprise mixed with confidence. "Are you... challenging me? To a duel...? To a race?" He raised his fingers into the air. "Well then, if you wanna use our D-Wheels to solve this, then solve this we shall. Rise, Shining D-Wheel!" He snapped his raised fingers, and his D-Wheel roared to life, zooming over to the champion, who leapt on, grabbing the handles and drifting, the D-Wheel coming to a stop by Jet's D-Wheel. "In the center of the town, there's a park. That's the finish line," He revved up once more.

"On your marks!" Zirco called out. "Get set! ... GO!" At the word go, Kyouji took off, headed to a ramp that would take him to the higher levels of the city. When the two disappeared, Zirco sighed and turned to Shannon. "I'm glad you two figured out what I was mimin' there. Frankly, I'm shit at that kinda shit," He muttered to himself as he picked up his D-Wheel. "Man, the asshole made me crash my baby...," with a sigh, he began to push the D-Wheel towards the warehouse.

They would find the door unlocked, and inside, a most unusual phenomenon was occurring. the inside was completely engulfed by darkness, the two being unable to see what was ahead of them. "That... that doesn't seem right...," Zirco turned his D-Wheel towards the darkness and turned on its headlights. The light went into the darkness... but illuminated nothing, the two beams revealing nothing. "What the hell...?"

oXNSzB8.png

"I'm gonna get straight to business." The man looked up as she was approached, the powder still on his nose. "You're an associate of the Dread Knight. He's sent us to you and another guy of his to prove that we deserve his help with stomping out some troublemakers. What's the task that'll get us a positive referral?"

He sat up straight, smoothing out his jacket as he fixed his hair. "A bit of manners first of all, Ms. Hayes. After all, manners maketh man, or woman in your case," His voice was very distinctly British. With a quick sweep, he brushed away all the dust on the table, "Sir Lock Holmes, at your service. You need not refer to me as Sir, but I do like the way it sounds," He stood up. "Now Ms. Hayes, my task is very simple. Come discover the truth with me," He walked away from the table, before calling out. "Come, Sir Greyshoe, the game is afoot!"

"Right, that's our cue," Dick said, walking over to Kiyoko. "C'mon, let's head out,"

"Mr. Hanazawa, Ms. Kuzuno, will you pursue the truth or learn it? The choice is up to you," Lock said before heading out.

For those that followed Dick Greyshoe, he lead them to a very inconspicuous place, the store they first visited when they came to the city. Dick sighed and rubbed his head. "Okay, so we last saw one of our targets enter this store and never left, so we're thinking there might be something important here. Let's look around," He went down the aisle on the right, pushing the food on the shelves to the side. "Look for anything out of place... buttons, weird writing, that sort of thing,"

Lock on the other hand, went to a very inconspicuous apartment, unlocking the door and strolling in. The place was a mess, with papers all over the place, covering almost everything. The only clear spot that was available was a couch, a chair, and a rocking chair. "Make yourselves at home, but don't sit in the rocking chair. That is my chair," he sighed and walked over to a whiteboard, wheeling it over to the center of the room in front of them. On it, they could see a lot of pictures, all connected by strings. Among them, they could see a picture of Blues, a picture of Mr. E, some pictures of the older signers, and a picture of a symbol of a dragon. "Now, let us dive right in, shall we?" he said before clapping his hands, the lights dimming some. "Now, you're trying to team up with Dread Knight, but he won't join you? Why is that? Well, that's because your group, specifically your leader, is very suspicious,"

"Now, as you may or may not know, Project Crimson started 40 years ago in an attempt to recreate the Signers that saved our world so many years ago. The process wasn't easy, but they manage to replicate those powers from the Crimson Dragon," He paused. "Or did they?" He motioned to the pictures of the original signers. "Head, Tail, Wings, Body, Claw, and Heart. Those were the six marks that made up the signers," He pulled out a folder, leafing through it. "And with your merry little group, we have instead...,"

"The mark of the Head, belonging to one Shannon Almaz. The Heart belonging to Octavia Hayes. The Left Wing and Right Wing branded upon Hotaru Hisakawa and Zirco Sakata, the Body on Rajin Hanazawa, etc, etc," He closed the folder. "As you can see, the marks don't match. Sure, it can be argued that the unnatural way of tapping into the dragon might mess with the marks, however, being able to even tap into it when the signers themselves couldn't control it is... suspect,"

He moved his hand over to Blues and Mr. E. "Now, this is where the plot thickens. Blues's father, Azure Kaiba, died around a month ago. The cause of his death? Unknown.  And at the same time, the kidnapping and murders began happening around the country, and a majority of your false signer marks began to manifest. Blues took over as company head, taking down anyone that attempted to take the title from him, with Mr. E as his right hand man. As for Mr. E and the people he works with... none of them have any records of existing. They might as well have popped into existence a month ago. Now, perhaps it is Blues hiding their information... but why would he do that?" Sir Lock placed to the folder to the side. "Frankly, there is far too much unknown. There are two conclusions I've come to. One is that this is all just a small part in the bigger experiment. Blues, with help from his associates, manufactured a crisis so that the Brands would manifest. For what purpose would he want those for, I know not," He paused, looking down at the folder. "The other doesn't have enough evidence to back it up, so I will withhold it for now...,"

"I personally believe you all to be unwitting pawns in this game, and can be trusted, but the question is... will you blindly follow orders from Blues, or will you seek the truth?" With that, he placed the folder on the table and waited for their answers.

OOC

Spoiler

Okay, those that went with Dick. The map in is important RP info in the discord. As for everyone else, sorry it took so long. If you need info, I'm always ready to give some. Just DM me.

4ys06lN.png

The tasks were simple. In order to gain the approval of Dread Knights associates - Dick Grayshoe and Sir Lock Holmes - each one had a separate task. And Natsumi had to admit, she rather liked the way Lock had put it. They could either discover the truth with him, or pursue the truth with Grayshoe. As much as Natsumi found herself more fond of Lock's style, it was probably better to go with Grayshoe instead. Pursuit was more difficult than simple discovery, and the chances of everyone else besides Kiyoko dipping out of that particular task were low, but not zero. Her choice had been made, though she had to admit, she was curious what those going with Lock would learn.

Perhaps asking about it later wouldn't be a bad idea.

And it was so that Natsumi found herself in the very store they'd visited earlier.

"Okay, so we last saw one of our targets enter this store and never left, so we're thinking there might be something important here. Let's look around. Look for anything out of place... buttons, weird writing, that sort of thing,"

Now, if I were a crazed cultist, where would I hide something important like that? Somewhere customers wouldn't look, perhaps because they wouldn't be able to. Somewhere inconspicuous. Somewhere like... that little oven. That fit the bill pretty well. Natsumi started on the front, feeling around for anything of note. No buttons or switches here, there, or on the back. Nothing a normal oven wouldn't have, anyway. Perhaps on the inside? Natsumi opened it up, and did find one thing.

Precisely one thing.

A burrito.

"...nothing here," Natsumi reluctantly reported, shutting the oven.

Jb1k7yv.png?1

With things being set in stone and Kiyoko's mission being laid out before her, the girl looked to the others of her team as it seemed that they would need to split up now. With Natsumi following alongside her, the two of them followed Mr. Grayshoe to the convenience store they had visited earlier. Kiyoko's expression became immediately displeased as Mr. Grayshoe explained what they were doing, though more so at herself then anything else. To think that the enemy had been right under their noses  this whole time, and she had simply remained ignorant of it. After briefly mentally admonishing herself, though, the girl merely nodded at the man's request saying, "understood." 

Though she had walked alongside Natsumi at first, the girl decided to go check a different place. While her roommate was inspecting the oven, she would go into the walk-in fridge that was just next to it. After all, their chances of finding something were great if they inspected the opposites of hot and cold at once! Moving into the fridge proper, the girl noticed that there was nothing more to it then a bunch of cases of bottles of beverages she didn't know with all kinds of names that just confused her. Though that had appeared to be all there was at a surface glance, Kiyoko didn't want to simply look only at the surface again. And so she went to inspect the boxes and their contents, seeing if beverages were really all they had to offer. 

Looking at one box in particular, the girl found its contents to be empty, bar one sheet of paper. Curiously, the girl took it out and examined the paper. It seemed to be a note, or rather, two notes written by different people. 

"The 8 button broke, so just use 3 and 5 to make 8."

Underneath it, the second note was written, clearly by a different and messier writer. "Fine, but fix it soon. Even in the future nothing works."

The girl didn't quite know what the exchange meant, but it had referrenced a button - something Mr. Grayshoe had alerted them to look out for. Proud with her findings, the girl left the fridge looking to the other two and presenting the paper. "I have found something of interest." 

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

BGM

Jet immediately followed after Kyouji, gunning it the moment Zirco said "GO!" and the two were off towards the higher levels of Turbo. Once more, Jet was in a location he knew. Either from photos or the countless drives around the city via KaibaCorp's Turbo Branch, he was still in his element. He pushed the throttle more, hoping to pass Kyouji, just to see what would happen.

Unfortunately for him, any attempt to pass the Duel King was met with one thing: Kyouji just slowly speeding up to keep the pace. Naturally, Jet pushed on the throttle a bit more in order to keep the pace up with him. Kyouji grinned widely as he suddenly took a sharp left, going off to a different road, speeding up and trying to put distance between them.

S-Son of a-a...d-damn... Jet thought, watching Kyouji taking the left. However, he stayed the course and immediately doubled back to follow the Duel King, now slamming the throttle down to make up the distance. "N-Nice m-manuever..." he said, hoping he'd hear him in the comms.

"All part of being the king." was the response. "You'll have to pull some of your own if you wanna win this thing."

Jet took this and nodded, definitely taking it to heart. It was clear Kyouji knew Turbo City as well, maybe even better, but he knew that this was one of those moments that he had to show he was better. After all...this was a mission, and right now...he was a soldier following orders...just like it always was.

...e-except...instead o-o-of the d-d-doctor...i-it was Z-Zirco this t-t-t-time...

With a firm grip on the D-Wheel's handlebars, Jet began to immediately hit the brakes in order to be right behind Kyouji's D-Wheel...almost tailgating him. But the slipstream from the King's D-Wheel was there...and it was dragging him along. Exhaling slowly, he waited for the right moment, before immediately slamming the throttle down and began to slingshot around Kyouji.

"Ooooh ho, the old slingshot maneuver, huh?" Kyouji called out. "Not bad kid, not bad at all!" he said as he watched Jet pull ahead.

Jet simply laid on the throttle and the gas, doing his best to keep distance between him and Kyouji. "C-Coming f-from someone...a-as y-y-yourself...I-I'm honored y-you approve..." he replied, rounding the next corner, now in the lead.

"It's not bad, but not good enough!" He said, a wild grin on his face as instead of preparing to turn, the man sped up more, barreling straight ahead. Popping his bike up into a wheelie, he leapt off the road, soaring through the air, the ground hundreds of feet below him. After a few heart pounding seconds, his D-Wheel landed on a different road, speeding away and out of sight.

Jet skidded to a halt, seeing Kyouji pop the wheelie and land on a different road. He was stunned that he was either that confident or incredibly stupid at just jumping off the road like that to land on another one below. With a slight groan, Jet peeled out and began to follow him. Fortunately, he could get to the road that the Duel King landed on...just minus the life threatening aspect of getting there. Once on that road, he floored it and did what he could to make up the distance between him and Kyouji.

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"A bit of manners first of all, Ms. Hayes. After all, manners maketh man, or woman in your case, Sir Lock Holmes, at your service. You need not refer to me as Sir, but I do like the way it sounds."  

Octavia winced. This man already knew who she was, which means she wouldn't be able to use her usually tactic of lying about her name to avoid any future conflicts of interest. Maybe it wasn't necessary since he was aligned with the Dread Knight, but it was still something she wanted to be cautious about.

"Now Ms. Hayes, my task is very simple. Come discover the truth with me," He walked away from the table, before calling out. "Come, Sir Greyshoe, the game is afoot!"

She wasn't really ready for that, he already swept the dust off the table, so she kinda thought they were going to be staying there for a moment... But she wasn't the one who was setting the pace in this particular leg of the race, that much was clear. He already knew she was coming, which means that their arrival was probably accounted for. He might've been a druggie, but it was clear that he wasn't lagging behind.

She didn't have a choice but to follow him.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Octavia was invited into a... Relatively safe apartment building, it seemed. Aside from the fact that it looked like the lair of someone who never got out of the building, it was pretty standard. It wasn't exactly where she had expected to wind up today, but all things considered... This could be worse. At least until the strange man decided he was going to wheel out a whiteboard with all manner of notes and markings...

It didn't surprise her to see that they were taking notes on the group, what DID surprise her was the fact that Lock seemed to have a lot of information on them already. Pictures of the past Signers, pictures of Mr. E and Blues, each mark that they had... She wasn't sure what to make of this, but it was a little bit concerning to her that they already knew all this... She let Lock go on with his explanation as the lights started to dim, a little bit of a concerned look on her face.

"As you can see, the marks don't match. Sure, it can be argued that the unnatural way of tapping into the dragon might mess with the marks, however, being able to even tap into it when the signers themselves couldn't control it is... suspect,"

She blinked for a moment, that hadn't... Really occurred to her. She had the Heart, she didn't really think on the fact that others had marks that weren't quite matching at first, a concerned look on her face, "That... Could potentially be bad in the long term, huh? The experiments were already not the best, if these marks aren't really accurate, it could come back to bite some of the others."

She shook her head a tiny bit, catching herself talking out loud. She quickly quieted down and returned to listening to Lock bringing up the... Strange state of affairs that came with Blues and his inheriting of the situation... Even though it seemed that the kidnappings and stuff only started to get worse once Blues took over. She shook her head for a moment, "Okay... All of this is definitely strange, there's no doubt about that. If what you say about Blues is true, that sounds like a hostile takeover more than inheriting a company to me. And there's really no information about Mr. E at all, right?"

She had a serious look on her face as she leaned forward slightly, "I don't know anything about Mr. E or Blues, I can't give you answers... But I can acknowledge that things are a bit weird." She grinned a bit, "Luckily for you, I don't care about Blues or Mr. E. I care about helping Hearthome. If they're innocent, then great! If they have some strange goal... The Dread Knight is more in line with my personal plan than they are..."

She held up a small card, turning it around in her hand as she looked at Lock, "But... What Blues and Mr. E have is funds waiting for me. I don't want to burn that bridge over nothing. Even then, I wouldn't sacrifice innocent people to get it. I won't ditch Blues and E just because they're a little sketchy right now, but if the truth comes out and it's something bad? ...Well, Hearthome takes priority over them."

"I'm glad you two figured out what I was mimin' there. Frankly, I'm shit at that kinda shit," Zirco turned to Shannon and explained himself, before beginning to push his motorcycle along.

"I can't say you're good at it, no. I needed some help, myself. And that man truly is a boor. How on earth can someone like him be so highly esteemed? Raw power can't be enough to captivate hearts."

Shannon glanced over her shoulder to see the pair of riders disappear on the horizon, just as she and Zirco arrived at the warehouse. Curiously, the door was unlocked, and led to only pitch darkness. Even shining headlights into it made no change.

"That... that doesn't seem right... What the hell...?"

"How curious... Should we enter?" Shannon mused to mostly herself, though Luster seemed to hang over her shoulder, staring at it intently. However, she was oblivious to her spirit, turning back to Zirco, "Ladies first, I suppose?"

YxoyLXy.png

Things had gone in ways that Raijin hadn't expected. Somehow, this had lead from searching for two men to now splitting the party to do as they say. He didn't really care for any of this, really, but investigation sounded a lot more difficult than discovery. So, instead of going with Dick, Raijin elected to follow Octavia and Sir Lock Holmes. His mannerisms were at least amusing.

The group had made their way to a rather obscured apartment, the insides of which were a complete mess. Paper was scattered everywhere, like a mad librarian lived here. He was pretty sure this was Sir Lock's home, which was a tad surprising. Maybe this dude was mad, who knew. Raijin didn't care, and the second that he was told to make himself at home, he threw himself on the couch. What did catch his attention, though, was the pictures of Blues and Mr. E, alongside some other crap he was sure he had seen before from the bastards that adopted him. He went on to list the marks and each person that it belonged to... it was all rather dull. Lock did confirm something, though - the people that had gathered all of them were suspicious as hell. Raijin already knew that, considering they were picking up orphans and doing fucked up experiments on them for some bullshit. He waited for Octavia to speak before talking.

"Wow, the sketchy corporation that's gathering random orphans is sketchy - what a shocker!" He blurted out, tossing himself upright to sit on the couch. "I kinda figured that when they fucked us up for months on end. I mean shit, it only takes 3 seconds of talking with Mr. E to know dude's up to no good. And Blues, well... he strikes me as the corporate kind. So even worse than Mr. E." He stood up from the couch, stretching his arms. "But all of that doesn't matter, cuz those bastards got the cash I need to split from both them and that shithole Taccon Ci-" It was then that a thought dawned on him. The danger that the marks provide, the ludicrous amount of money offered to them, the mystery surrounding Mr.E, Blues, and everyone around them.

"Oh those motherfuckers!" He turned to Octavia, rage in his eyes. "Those bastards aren't gonna pay us a dime, are they!?" The thought that he had gotten swindled and used like that got him heated up, his fist balled up in a fist. However, he took a deep breath. "Shit..." He was jumping to conclusions - he didn't even know he could trust this Lock guy, let alone Mr. E and Blues. Still, the people they worked for were sketchy as fuck, there was no doubt about it. It would be good to hear from someone else, someone from the outside. He turned to Sir Lock Holmes. "So, how exactly are we finding this truth?"

"How curious... Should we enter?" Shannon mused to mostly herself "Ladies first, I suppose?"

"If you're that scared of the dark, you just gotta ask," Zirco commented before taking a deep breath and walking into the dark void.  Only a few steps in, and Shannon had vanished from his sight, along with anything else. He couldn't even see the ground beneath him or his hand in front of his face. He sighed and cracked his knuckles, walking further in. He was already here, he might as well keep going.

Within the void

Besides the darkness, nothing seemed out of the ordinary, although he was sure he should have ran into something... anything at all. Was this warehouse much bigger on the outside then it was on the inside? Come to think of it, he couldn't even hear his footsteps on the floor either. He bent down, reaching to the floor, trying to find the cold hard pavement of the floor, only to find... nothing. Nothing at all. His hand was pressing against something, it was solid, but... it wasn't hot, nor cold... wasn't hard or soft... it was as if it wasn't there at all. Frowning, he stood back up, walking further and further.

"Help us!!!" The first voice that rang out nearly made him jump out of his skin. He looked around, seeing nothing in the darkness, but more voices began to ring out in the darkness. "It burns!" "Why does no one care about us?!" "Why won't someone make it stop?!" The voices of agony rang louder and louder, causing Zirco to grit his teeth. What was going on?! What was this place? He covered his ears and lowered his head, trying to drown out the noise.

"Why you?" A calm voice called out, causing Zirco to pause, uncovering his ears.  He looked up, seeing a teen his age, staring at him intently. "Why were you chosen? What do you have that I didn't?!"

"The... hell...?" Zirco muttered.

"A burning fury? A blazing will? I had all of that in spades!" The boy yelled as the scenery began to change. Flames began to sprout from the ground, encircling the to into a ring of fire. "So tell me, what did you have that I didn't?!" Zirco clenched his fist, readying himself for a fight but... something caught his eye. Behind the raging boy, beyond the flames... was a girl. She didn't seem angry, or happy, or sad... she just stared into the flames, right at him. Something screamed in Zirco's head. She was someone. She was someone important. Why did he know this? Who was she? His head began to feel fuzzy, and he grabbed his head, crying out in pain.

"Who are you?!" He called out to the girl. "Who the hell are you?!" Instead of answer, she turned away from him, walking into the darkness. "No! Come back!" He rushed ahead, shoving the ranting boy to the side and crashing through the flames, feeling nothing from them as he ran after the girl. No matter how much he ran though, no matter how much he tried to pick up his pace, she stayed ahead of him, out of his reach. Soon, he noticed she wasn't walking at random, she was headed to somewhere... a door of light. He knew... he knew if she crossed into that light he'd never get his answer. He ran faster, his legs screaming in pain as he pushed himself harder than ever to catch up, and for once, distance was closing between them. "Wait! Come back!" He called out, reaching towards her.

Surprisingly, she stopped, turning around and facing him. She stood, waiting right in front of that door of light, a small smile on her face. He ran further, finally getting close, but as his hand was about to touch her, her form was set ablazed, engulfing her form and causing her to vanish in less than a second. Zirco couldn't stop running, and he barreled right into the door of light...

He crashed into the the floor, right by the door they had entered into this accursed warehouse from. He scrambled back to his feet, a wild look in his eye as he stared back into the darkness. "Who... who was that...?" He asked out loud, not knowing or caring if Shannon was there.

"You'll never win if you don't take a risk!" Kyouji taunted as he popped a wheelie, pulling ahead ever so slightly. The road ahead took a sharp right, one that Kyouji began to drift around, leaning to the right and letting his body get dangerously close to the ground beneath him as he sped around the corner. It seemed now there was only a straight road from that turn to the finish line, about 3 miles of road left. Jet would need to win in this final stretch.

oXNSzB8.png

"...nothing here," Natsumi reluctantly reported, shutting the oven. Dick sniffed the air, smelling the burrito.

"I wouldn't say that...," Dick commented as he walked over, opening the oven once more. He reached out, feeling the burrito. "It's still warm... someone's been here very recently. We should be on guard,"

"I have found something of interest." Dick looked up as he saw Kiyoko approach them with some paper. He took a look at it, thinking to himself.

"Well, that's very useful to know... We'd need some sort of combination though...," He muttered, before looking at the shelves. "I found a number painted behind the snacks on the third shelf, the number 1. Perhaps the other shelves have other numbers on them?"

"But... What Blues and Mr. E have is funds waiting for me. I don't want to burn that bridge over nothing. Even then, I wouldn't sacrifice innocent people to get it. I won't ditch Blues and E just because they're a little sketchy right now, but if the truth comes out and it's something bad? ...Well, Hearthome takes priority over them."

"So you wish to use them? Not the worst idea, but keep your eyes open, and make sure they don't use you," Lock commented.

"Oh those motherfuckers!" Raijin turned to Octavia, rage in his eyes. "Those bastards aren't gonna pay us a dime, are they!? Shit... So, how exactly are we finding this truth?"

"You're taking the first steps towards it," Lock stated. "Always questioning what is being told to you, looking for the subtext, never taking what's given to you at face value," He sighed. "If you all were unquestionably loyal to Kaiba Corp, I would have failed you all, but because you are willing to question what they are giving you, I consider that a pass," He smiled and clapped. "Congratulations!" He then grabbed the board and flipped it, the other side having a map of Hearthome, with some pins and red lines draw all over it.

"Now that we have that down, it'll be wise for you to know your enemies, would it not?" He commented, as he pointed to a picture of a man, in fact, the very man that had driven people out of the convenience store when they first got here. "This nameless man appeared about a month ago in Hearthome, with a young girl. With very minimal help from some partners that appeared a little later, he has systematically gotten every gang under his thumb. He now runs the city from the shadows. As for his partner... well---," He then paused, looking at the door. The area around the door began to... grow darker, fading from sight.

"We seem to have company...," Lock muttered as he stood up. "Be on your guard,"

OOC

Spoiler

Alright, this is the last post from me before our hiatus. Yui, Tom, feel free to do some light collabing with me, because I just realized both cohosts went to the store.

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Kiyoko put a hand to her chin as the clues they had gathered were starting to come together. They needed to find some combination, and currently had perhaps two number to figure out. All they needed to do was find out where the other numbers were and where to input this combination. The girl also grimaced at Grayshoe's comment about the burrito, cursing herself for being just a bit slow in getting here as their foes had been recently here as well. With any luck, that'd mean they still were once they figured out this place's secret and she could more easily bring them to justice. All the same, there was still numbers to be found. Kiyoko looked to Natsumi, saying, "I'm going to look through the shelves."

Walking up to them, she saw that they were filled with nothing but snacks and other assorted junk food. Believing this, like the drinks to be nothing more than a cover the girl brought her arm up and swept all of them away. Smiling as her hunch proved right, in the first row of snacks there was a number "9" etched into the shelf. Thinking that this would be the same as the last, the girl again cleared out all of the snacks, finding yet another number. Calling out to the other two, Kiyoko said, "I found two more numbers. A nine and an eight. So we have Nine, Eight and One."

"Knock, knock, knock, knock." The group inside the apartment could hear a young female's voice through the door, along with a knock accompanying each of her vocal ones. "Hello, hello? Anyone in there? Well ready or not, heeeeere Iiiiii cooooome!" The door then opened, a smiling young girl being at the entrance now. Looking to Locke the girl let out a victorious, "foooound you!" The girl's eyes then widened in surprise, seeing the other two that were with the man. Turning to a more pleasant expression, her smile grew even wider  asthe girl said, "oh boy, oh boy! I was only expecting one person to be here, but there's a whole bunch of you! Hello, hello everyone!" The girl gave a friendly wave to the others, saying, "my name's Emi! What's all yours? Oh, I hope we can be great friends!"

Nodding at her own comment, the girl then looked past everyone, and at the wall behind them. Eyes going brighter, she said, "oh oh! What's that?" She pointed excitedly to the board. "It looks reaaally cool and fun! C'mon, tell me, please?" 

4ys06lN.png

Burrito was still warm, according to Grayshoe. From there, the group was tasked with finding numbers. There was a 1 behind the snacks in the third aisle, and Kiyoko then found a 9 and an 8. Not one to sit about and do none of the work, Natsumi went into the aisles herself, trying to think where she might hide some numbers if she were tasked with painting them in this store. Snacks and drinks were already taken care of. Natsumi went into the aisle directly next to the snacks, where bags of chips and such were kept. Did convenience stores ever even manage to sell these, come to think of it?

This one didn't, at least, judging by how stocked the shelves were. More importantly, there was no similar number behind the wares. Maybe in a different aisle? Nope. Here? No. Not there either. Nor there. Although she left no stone unturned, Natsumi simply couldn't find any additional numbers. Which meant this was all there was. Natsumi returned to Kiyoko's side, eyeing the slip of paper she'd received from Grayshoe. The note was rather short.

8 button broke. use 3 and 5 to make 8.

"We've got about all we can find, it seems," Natsumi admitted, returning behind the counter and drawing her attention to the only thing here with a keypad. Besides the register, which had probably seen better days. The oven. Were they supposed to put in some numbers here? We have a 1, a 9, and a combination of 3 and 5. Which means...

The first sequence of numbers Natsumi put in - 1359 - was wrong. The second set - 3519 - did. Albeit, right in the middle of putting in the sequence. Right before Natsumi's finger hit the 9 again, a loud metal sound from within the store's fridge startled Natsumi into pressing the 9. 9351, then. Well, it was a lead. Gesturing for Kiyoko and Grayshoe to follow her, Natsumi went into the fridge, and the source of the sound was pretty obvious. A large hatch in the floor.

"It's a lead. Anyone feeling bold enough to go down there first?"

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"So you wish to use them? Not the worst idea, but keep your eyes open, and make sure they don't use you," Lock commented.

Octavia let out a little laugh as she rubbed at her neck gently, her head glancing up at the ceiling for a moment. That really was what she was doing, wasn't it? It's not like that was anything too surprising, but... "I mean, that's what we do here in Hearthome, right? We get ahead and survive by any means necessary. If I want to make this a place where people don't have to struggle like that... I have to embrace it first."

She admittedly wasn't sure how Lock would react to her basically admitting she was only in it for the money. Helping people was fine and all, but... Hearthome had the people she cared about in it. Other cities, other innocent people, she might help them, but there was nothing personal in it. It was basically a job there.

"Oh those motherfuckers!" Raijin turned to Octavia, rage in his eyes. "Those bastards aren't gonna pay us a dime, are they!? Shit... So, how exactly are we finding this truth?"

"It's possible. But if that's what they want to do, I'll take them down myself." She tapped an arm against her duel disk briefly, a little mumble escaping her afterwords, "I've seen plenty of deals go bad because of someone wanting to cheap out on payment. I never had to handle it personally before, but... I know a thing or two about getting someone to pay up." Her voice was oddly cold as she said that, and she looked back up to Lock once he started to speak again.

"Always questioning what is being told to you, looking for the subtext, never taking what's given to you at face value."

It didn't seem that amazing to her, but if that's what it took for them to be considered passable here, good enough for her. As he flipped over the board to reveal the map, she scanned across it, looking for any particular points of interest... Which she found very quickly. The pair that had greeted them back at the store, the absolute jerk who had stolen her drink! "That ass!"

Her cheeks puffed out almost immediately, "We ran into that guy at a convenience store when we entered Hearthome, he snatched a drink from me and set people about to raid the store. I decided not to confront the guy there because, you know, Hearthome is a den of people like him, but he was someone behind the mess after all?! It was definitely him, that girl was there too!" She threw her hands up into the air, frustration written on her face as she vented about the lost soda. Even though she had no trouble getting a replacement, it was the principle of the matter.

"We seem to have company... Be on your guard."

She immediately turned towards the door as he looked at it, while the other side of it seemed to grow dark, the void practically eating the area around it. Without a delay, Octavia's arm shot out to the side, the Duel Disk activating as she brought it in front of her, ready and waiting for the door to open... Or for that growing darkness to have something appear from it, whichever came first.

"Hello, hello? Anyone in there? Well ready or not, heeeeere Iiiiii cooooome!"

Octavia didn't drop the duel disk, oh no. Just cause someone actually spoke up, that didn't change anything. She wasn't expecting the voice to sound so... Bubbly though, given what they were working with. She kept the disk held up towards the girl, taking a glance back at Lock as she kept speaking up. Her head tilted a tiny bit as the girl started to look at the board, Octavia shifting a bit to try and block too much vision of it, can't be too safe in a place like this after all. "...Is this someone you know?"

Edited by Kazooie

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

Jet's teeth were gritting quite a bit at this. The race seemed to be going nowhere at this point, especially with Kyouji seeming to be one step ahead of him at every single turn. And now...there was just a straight road...meaning the final home stretch. He needed to do something here and now.

B-But...what c-can I do...? he thought, before being remembering something from his training at Turbo.

KaibaCorp Turbo Branch
The Past

Two D-Wheels were just speeding around the inside course that they had, one of which being Jet himself while the other happened to be just a trainer...put in place by Akihiro, as per usual with these types of people. But this race had been one to just assist with giving Jet the skills he needed to run a D-Wheel and possibly become a better Duelist. Thus far, there had been quite a few laps...but now was the final.

"Hoshimi, homestretch. Do make sure you come in first."

"U-Understood D-Dr. Akihiro..." Jet nodded slowly, speaking on the com before pushing the throttle further, speeding down past the track. Further and further he reached the finish line. That was...until something he didn't expect happened. The trainer in the other D-Wheel immediately moved and prepared a maneuver, where he basically slammed his front into the side of Jet's D-Wheel, which caused him to actually lose control of his D-Wheel. "H-H-HEY!!!" he yelled, now spinning a bit before crashing into the side of the track.

Jet was thrown for a loop, but he was fine...just shaken. He slowly dismounted the D-Wheel, now seeing the trainer and Dr. Akihiro approaching him. "W-W-What was t-that?!"

"Hmph...something to show you, Hoshimi." Dr. Akihiro adjusted his glasses. "This isn't a Turbo Duel. I told you to make sure you came in first. In a normal race and pursuit...you should be weary of the possibility of a PIT maneuver. Honestly, you think that you can just win by simply racing and not having a trick or two up your sleeves? Think with your brain, you ignorant child."

"Y-Yes sir...s-sorry for the outburst..."

T-The P-PIT maneuver...it's m-my only other option... Jet thought with a huff, as he shrugged. He began to speed up greatly, pushing the throttle more as he got up to Kyouji's side...before immediately performing the maneuver, slamming the front of his D-Wheel into Kyouji's.

It was either this was going to gain him the advantage in this...or he'd have to use one other trick up his sleeve. And he truly hoped this would work, otherwise he would have to listen to what he told him to do at the start of all this... ...a-a-and if t-t-that works...I-I-I'll n-never hear t-the end of i-i-i-it...

As Zirco sank into the inky darkness, Shannon felt Luster's hand on her shoulder, as if to say 'don't follow'... But of course she would, it was her duty to keep him safe. Gently pushing the hand away, she held her head high as she walked into the doorway... and found herself cut off. For the first time in ages, she felt that her connection with the dragon was broken. Perhaps this was why he had tried to warn her? Well, it would only be a matter of time. She just had to figure out what was going on.

As she began to traverse the pitch darkness she found herself in, ghostly figures appeared along the path. They looked around her size or smaller, for the most part, with their bodies split down the middle... One half diamond-like and shining, the other half black and red with tendrils forming on them.. and some dark purple canisters growing from their backs. As she walked, one of them latched onto her, earning a small recoil.

"Why...? Why did you succeed... Why are we stuck here!?"

"I see... You're the failures before me." Shannon replied, tone cold, "That says it all, doesn't it? You didn't have the drive... But it's not your fault. You simply weren't destined for greatness like me. Now, kindly let go of me."

Wrenching her arm free, Shannon trudged on past the spirits, pulling away if they touched her, ignoring them. They were the past. They should stay in it.

After a short bit, Shannon found herself at the back of the warehouse. The darkness seemed to ease a bit as she found a black altar producing smoke... which seemed to flow into that dreadful darkness. On top of that, she felt the connection renewed... Looking over her shoulder to see Luster once more, his eyes looking like he had been worried. With a soft smile to him, she moved over to the altar, letting her hand rub the surface...

She pulled her hand away in shock as a chill shot through her body, shaking slightly.

"I wouldn't touch that again..." The dragon muttered, but adding nothing more. With a nod from the girl, she stepped closer again, noticing some dried blood spattered on it... Barbaric.

"I haven't seen Zirco yet... I wonder how long he'll take to make it through that? He's almost as destined for this as I am, so I can't imagine he faltered."