Sign in to follow this  
cr47t

"The Great Surrender" (covid)

https://terribleminds.com/ramble/2022/01/09/the-great-surrender-how-we-gave-up-and-let-covid-win/

ran into this opinion piece today and sadly i think he's right, we dont give a shit anymore - i think it's b/c we're so used to the post-2016 breakneck speed of news topics that we just forget after a while. what really pisses me off is how that is being used to get away with unacceptable shit, such as crimea, netflix w/ 13RW and the movie that shall not be named, ccp/tiktok (or any of the bs that happened on the actual platform), and basically everything other than 1/6 which even that may not remain in the public discourse memory for as long as neccesary. to think what it could mean for the future of people v. covid (or just people) is rather scary but what can we do about apathy out of our hands?

You can't do shit. We're living in a world where conspiracy theories are accepted over the words of scientists and desperate times headbutt with complacency and greed. We're going to be living with COVID for the foreseeable future. You may as well get comfy.