Nyx

Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel

The game came out just a few days ago this week. So I thought a thread about it on this forum would be nice.

Feel free to share Decks, maybe IDs if you're happy to do so, or just give your 2 cents on the game thus far.

Dabbing Rescue Rabit isn't real, he can't hurt you Dabbing Rescue Rabbit: :  r/Farfa

17 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I've been curious about it, though it depends how single player is cause very much wanting to avoid having to deal with pvp if possible.

Oof.

In that regard, Duel Links would be more preferable for you. Duel Links has NPCs that respawn and that you can duel again. Master Duel? It has a limited amount of tasks you can do in Solo Mode. Once those run out...there's nothing new in single player.

In Duel Links, you barely need to interact with PvP. Master Duel? It's the opposite.

A couple things I like are the variety in the lores, it's pretty neat seeing the stories of like Ruin and Demise. And the way the play field crumbles with each attack is a nice touch.

Single player is fine, I suppose. A lot of the lores are underdeveloped, causing them to come across as an ad for the deck rather than story/info.

On top of that, a lot of the loaner decks are so, so bad. There's 1-2 good ones, but the rest are traaaaaaaash.\

The format is, currently, an older version of the OCG, but missing some cards. Maintenance is coming in a few days, so here's hoping they update with it, cause the client is a good bit behind on some things.

So tl;dr, it's not super friendly to newer players or players expecting an older gamestate. Y'know, as expected of a live service client based on the actual game. I'm kinda bewildered by the sheer amount of people who expected this to be the "classic yugioh' they remember.

However, I find that I am greatly enjoying the client on the whole. Ladder has been fine, especially since you can go up to Gold rank before you end up losing rank, so there's actually not much reason to not try... on top of the fact that the lower ranks are full of bad players and/or decks that mean basically anyone can climb up to gold if they just go for it. People have even done it with the starting decks provided, and those are, uh... garbage

The game is currently generous with resources, but I fear this may not stay the case... here's hoping they update the system to be a bit more generous, otherwise only ranked will be a way to generate more cards.

AS FOR POTENTIAL ADVICE

Don't craft too much early. There are certain things to aim for, and it's very easy to make a deck for laddering if you're just patient with it.

On top of that, if you craft an SR card, you get access to that theme's secret pack, if any. Along with a free pull. This means you can craft a card from the archetype(s) you want, then try 10 rolls on those banners, instead.