Rinne

Rinne's HTML Archive

Since this site lets me fool with inline HTML. >:)

titans: legacy

the story so far...

High above the earth, a satellite floated, gyrating in slow deliberate circles. The beings inside observed the Earth below with the same type of quiet thoughtfulness, a wisdom only earned through power. They knew what would come next.

Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern… They were all names known worldwide, responsible for maintaining peace and delivering justice to the wicked. But they were only so many in number, and as humanity grew, so did its potential for wickedness. Yes, HIVE may have fallen, Slade and Trigon may have been defeated. But there were plenty to take their place—and the Justice League knew it was inevitable that these names would rise again.

So it was to no surprise that their decision was unanimous. The Justice League would recruit more members into their fold: under the Titans program, age was no barrier to success. This organization became a beacon of hope and aspiration for powered young folks across the globe: as long as they faced problems and villainy within their communities, they could prove to be the solution to the problem.

And one day, each of these Titans would inherit the mantles of their predecessors. And maybe, they’d craft their own legacies in turn.

Welcome, young Titan! You’re a new transplant to Imbrium City, handpicked by the Executive Council of the Justice League and plucked from wherever you came from across the globe to take up residence in one of the northwestern US’ most crime-ridden metropolises. Your task—should you choose to play along, of course—is to take down superhero crime as it emerges. Pretty straightforward in concept, but you’re a bit green behind the gills, so even the simplest of superpowered tasks can be complicated. For now, just try to get through the day without killing or screwing your teammates… or even both.

the rules

1. Please read and understand NCM and section rules before posting.
  2. This RP is set in the DC Comics universe. While it is not required to have prior canon knowledge, as the RP’s plot will deal heavily with the theme of “legacy,” there will be interactions with canon characters—so I recommend you be willing to do at least some research. That said, if you’d like your character to have significant canon ties from the onset (ex. you want to make a young member of the Lantern Corps), DM me first so we can iron out logistics. The storyline will be independent of any existing plot, so don’t worry about having to read any specific comics.
  3. You have creative freedom when making your character, but please remember that GM word is final, and you may be asked to change things if deemed necessary. There’s a fine line between over-the-top and just plain silly: I expect you to know where that lies.
  4. I won’t be restricting your potential powers, but please be reasonable and consider how your character’s abilities will work in the context of an RP. Being accepted into this RP means that you are committed to seeing it advance. If you end up falling inactive, you may be dismissed from participating. When posting, please let at least two people go before you before posting again; and aim to post 2-3 times a week. If for some reason you’ll need to be inactive for an extended period, please let the hosts know so they can write around your absence.
  5. As of right now, I only want one character per player. If you are competing for a particular position against another applicant… well, tough. I’ll pick applications based on how I think the characters will overlap and interact with one another—diversity in character type is key. Finally, six characters max will be on the Titans, meaning I’ll only accept five other players.

the characters

char1 (rinne)char2 (yui)char3 (saiba)char1 (rinne)char2 (yui)char3 (saiba)char1 (rinne)char2 (yui)char3 (saiba)

the glossary

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque tristique tempus tellus, non scelerisque ante ullamcorper vitae. Etiam in aliquet lorem, in semper turpis. Nullam vitae ex facilisis, egestas metus ut, facilisis tellus. Nunc ut risus massa. Fusce vel bibendum erat. Proin in posuere tellus. Nulla a arcu pellentesque, dapibus nulla id, porttitor nunc. Pellentesque placerat augue nec turpis cursus ornare. Nunc lacinia fringilla tortor, ac accumsan nulla tincidunt a. Vestibulum egestas nunc in lobortis gravida. Vestibulum tellus metus, condimentum id metus at, pulvinar volutpat magna. Nunc ac enim et enim convallis mattis. Phasellus finibus lacus a varius facilisis. Phasellus sed felis vel erat accumsan vestibulum. Fusce aliquet cursus diam, congue lobortis mauris dapibus a. Aliquam luctus ullamcorper aliquet.

Edited by Rinne

titans: legacy

the story so far

High above the earth, a satellite floated, gyrating in slow deliberate circles. The beings inside observed the Earth below with the same type of quiet thoughtfulness, a wisdom only earned through power. They knew what would come next.

Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern… They were all names known worldwide, responsible for maintaining peace and delivering justice to the wicked. But they were only so many in number, and as humanity grew, so did its potential for wickedness. Yes, HIVE may have fallen, Slade and Trigon may have been defeated. But there were plenty to take their place—and the Justice League knew it was inevitable that these names would rise again.

So it was to no surprise that their decision was unanimous. The Justice League would recruit more members into their fold: under the Titans program, age was no barrier to success. This organization became a beacon of hope and aspiration for powered young folks across the globe: as long as they faced problems and villainy within their communities, they could prove to be the solution to the problem.

And one day, each of these Titans would inherit the mantles of their predecessors. And maybe, they’d craft their own legacies in turn.

Welcome, young Titan! You’re a new transplant to Imbrium City, handpicked by the Executive Council of the Justice League and plucked from wherever you came from across the globe to take up residence in one of the northwestern US’ most crime-ridden metropolises. Your task—should you choose to play along, of course—is to take down superhero crime as it emerges. Pretty straightforward in concept, but you’re a bit green behind the gills, so even the simplest of superpowered tasks can be complicated. For now, just try to get through the day without killing or screwing your teammates… or even both.

the rules

1. Please read and understand NCM and section rules before posting.
  2. This RP is set in the DC Comics universe. While it is not required to have prior canon knowledge, as the RP’s plot will deal heavily with the theme of “legacy,” there will be interactions with canon characters—so I recommend you be willing to do at least some research. That said, if you’d like your character to have significant canon ties from the onset (ex. you want to make a young member of the Lantern Corps), DM me first so we can iron out logistics. The storyline will be independent of any existing plot, so don’t worry about having to read any specific comics.
  3. You have creative freedom when making your character, but please remember that GM word is final, and you may be asked to change things if deemed necessary. There’s a fine line between over-the-top and just plain silly: I expect you to know where that lies.
  4. I won’t be restricting your potential powers, but please be reasonable and consider how your character’s abilities will work in the context of an RP. Being accepted into this RP means that you are committed to seeing it advance. If you end up falling inactive, you may be dismissed from participating. When posting, please let at least two people go before you before posting again; and aim to post 2-3 times a week. If for some reason you’ll need to be inactive for an extended period, please let the hosts know so they can write around your absence.
  5. As of right now, I only want one character per player. If you are competing for a particular position against another applicant… well, tough. I’ll pick applications based on how I think the characters will overlap and interact with one another—diversity in character type is key. Finally, six characters max will be on the Titans, meaning I’ll only accept five other players.

the rest

tbd~
Edited by Rinne