Shradow

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

So I was playing against a friend last night and did something I didn't realize was a thing until now:

I like how the counter dealt 54 damage back. Makes me wonder what the single highest damaging attack is. Like, it has to be a counter, not sure past that.

Probably something from Incineroar once he reaches his Revenge limit since it does x3 damage.

Going to need watch an overview of the changes to fully grasp them, but it looks like they focused on chaining neutral combos for most characters. Past that most everyone got buffs except the like best characters in the game. Good that they are focusing on buffs still and I'm curious how bad the nerfs actually are. Don't need to change much to change a lot in a game like Smash. Honestly, the weird one was that Pichu of all characters needed nerfs. 

Second DLC character:

Spoiler

Dragon Quest is dope and I'm super happy to see various protagonists represented as alt costumes. Especially my boy with the headband from DQ8.

Third DLC character:

Spoiler

I loved the use of the DK characters given their connection to Banjo-Kazooie with Rare, they were so happy.

Spoiler

I LITERALLY CANNOT BE ANY HAPPIER RIGHT NOW.

I've been crying on and off ever since the reveal from happiness and relief, I'm just so fucking happy to finally see them in Smash.

Spoiler

All the hate I'm seeing the DQ heroes get is honestly pretty disheartening. Like, I get that it never got going in the West like it did in Japan, but it's one of the best selling and most historically important video game franchises out there, setting the style, tropes, and genre conventions for so many of all the JRGPs that've come since.

And I feel like a lot of it is just coming from ignorance. "Sword bad. Uh. Anime bad. Uh."

Edited by Shradow

Necrobump time

Spoiler

Any guesses at which ARMS rep is gonna be in next wave of fighters? I'm thinking Min Min, she seems to be really popular in Japan especially.

IMO either it's Ribbon Girl, who was introduced along Spring Man and thus always saw as an ARMS main character, plus the waifu bonus, or they do a bolder move and make Spring Man character despite being an Assist Trophy, setting up a precedent and hope for Midna and Waluigi.

3 hours ago, Darj said:

IMO either it's Ribbon Girl, who was introduced along Spring Man and thus always saw as an ARMS main character, plus the waifu bonus, or they do a bolder move and make Spring Man character despite being an Assist Trophy, setting up a precedent and hope for Midna and Waluigi.

This would make sense. But tbh I'm hoping they move away from the trend of putting in the main characters of games.