Yemachu

Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

I've beaten the 3 stories and post game of Pokemon Scarlet, I personally enjoyed the heck out of the game even with the performance issues. I just need to complete the Pokedex, which that'll take some time since I still need to beat Violet then they need to be added to Pokemon Home so I can transfer Pokemon between the games. Here's my  team that I used to take on the Elite 4 and Champion, movesets, levels and tera types will be included, pictures won't so the new Pokemon won't be spoiled for those who have yet to play either of the games.

Spoiler

Chien-Pao (Level 70)

Dark/Ice (Ice Tera Type)

Icicle Crash

Ruination

False Swipe

Ice Spinner

Gyarados (Level 72)

Water/Flying (Dragon Tera Type)

Outrage

Dragon Dance

Hurricane

Waterfall

Ting-Lu (Level 65)

Dark/Ground (Ground Tera Type)

Stomping Tantrum

Ruination

Throat Chop

Rock Slide

Chi-Yu (Level 66)

Dark/Fire (Fire Tera Type)

Lava Plume

Ruination

Flame Charge

Heat Wave

Wo-Chien (Level 66)

Dark/Grass (Grass Tera Type)

Giga Drain

Ruination

Foul Play

Power Whip

and my Ace

Tinkaton (Level 79)

Fairy/Steel (Steel Tera Type)

Play Rough

Tera Blast

Flash Cannon

Gigaton Hammer

I'm really proud of my team composition... yes there's a common thing between 4 of them, but I don't care.

Pardon the bump, but… it looks like we'll be having a hidden treasure (YouTube link).

Basically…

Spoiler

Two new Paradox Pokémon are now available through Tera Raids until 12 March: the Water/Dragon Walking Wake and the Grass/Psychic Iron Leaves.

DLC has been confirmed, released as The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, but it's a two-parter, apparently. And yes, Pokémon from the past will be returning.

The first part is The Teal Mask, and will introduce Monkidori, Okidogi, Fezandipiti and Ogerpon, and brings back the Vulpix, Yanma, Seedot, Feebas, and Grubbin lines. And Chimecho. This part releases in Autumn 2023, which would be Spring for those in the Southern Hemisphere.

The second part is The Indigo Disk, introducing Terapagos, and brings back the Seel, Beldum, Blitzle, Cottonee, Espurr and Milcery lines. This part's due to release in Winter 2023 (or Summer for the Southern Hemisphere folks).

So yeah, that'll probably be all for now--

So according to the Pokémon website about the 2 DLC 

Step out of the Paldea region as you take a school trip to the land of Kitakami. There, you’ll meet new people and Pokémon while unraveling the mysteries behind the area’s folk tales.

The Teal Mask is slated for release in fall 2023.

The story continues as you become an exchange student and visit Blueberry Academy. Most of this unusual school is located under the ocean, and its curriculum emphasizes Pokémon battling.

The Indigo Disk is slated for release in winter 2023.

[\spoiler]

I'm honestly pretty excited for both, but especially The Indigo Disk
The story continues as you become an exchange student and visit Blueberry Academy. Most of this unusual school is located under the ocean, and its curriculum emphasizes Pokémon battling. The Indigo Disk is slated for release in winter 2023.
Step out of the Paldea region as you take a school trip to the land of Kitakami. There, you’ll meet new people and Pokémon while unraveling the mysteries behind the area’s folk tales. The Teal Mask is slated for release in fall 2023.
Edited by The Chayncemaniac

This was probably my favorite pokemon game of lat; I haven't played Sword and Sheild or Let's Go. I have played Legends Arceus. This just felt more open and playful, what I think should be key themes in Pokemon games moving forward. I like the disconnect of taking the play and world too serious and big, it was nicer that the game felt more down to earth even if somethings were much bigger than that.

… well, with today's Nintendo Direct comes some news for the ScVi DLC.

Spoiler

Video link

So until 2 July this year, there's going to be a special Tera Raid Battle featuring Chest Form Gimmighoul, and its Shiny will be introduced (though apparently that's at regular odds).

Okidogi, Munkidori and Fezandipiti all get the new Toxic Chain Ability. This may cause opponents to be badly poisoned when hit with a move. Apparently, regardless of whether it makes contact or not.

Mossui Town, Kitakami, is where the players will go to in The Teal Mask, where there are plenty of locals, shops, and so on.

Meantime, The Indigo Disk gets the Terarium Dome, with four different ecosystems for Pokémon.

Blueberry Academy's director is Cyrano, and Lacey, a second-year student, shows the player around.

Gligar appears in Scarlet while Aipom appears in Violet.

… Also, a new Detective Pikachu game (video), but not sure if that gets its own thread or what--

Well~. New video (link) and it's got some news--

Spoiler

Basically, for ScVi…

• Applin gets a new evolution, Dipplin.
  • Blueberry Academy has its own BB League, with an Elite Four featuring Lacey, Crispin, Amarys and Drayton.
  • Duraludon gets an evolution, Archaludon.
  • Paradox Raikou and Paradox Cobalion confirmed. (Kinda curious what Entei and Terrakion will get, if anything, and if Keldeo will even get anything--)
  • Mewtwo Tera Raid Battle from 1 September to 17 September.
  • Also an event Mew by code.
  • New characters including photographer Perrin and teacher Briar.
  • Release date for The Teal Mask will be 13 September.

As for other stuff…

• New animation, Pokémon Path to the Peak.
  • Helper Pokémon in Detective Pikachu Returns.
  • Pokémon GO will get Paldean Pokémon added from September.
  • Victor and Spectrier will be available in Pokémon Masters EX, as of 16 August.

I enjoyed the trailer thoroughly, I have no complaints but one little remark regarding one of the things shown
Spoiler
If you'd have told me that Eviolite was gonna have viability with one of the best SwSh Pokémon, I'd have laughed in your face... but now I feel bad for those who play Pokémon competitively 

4 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

That Paradox is the greatest and I will not stop singing its praises.

They're both great but the one I bet you're referring to is very controversial among Poketubers 

8 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

They're both great but the one I bet you're referring to is very controversial among Poketubers 

Long.

And yeah I bet, people tend to overreact to....odder designs I suppose.

Another new video (Zelda) with some more news~

Spoiler

Starter Pokémon from the past will return in The Indigo Disk.

New moves include Psychic Noise (which prevents the target from healing), Upper Hand (which strikes before a target's priority move), Thunderclap (a priority move) and Tachyon Cutter (which hits twice in a row).

Raging Bolt is Electric/Dragon-type while Iron Crown is Steel/Psychic-type.

It also seems a new Terastallisation element featuring all 18 types has been teased… if so, I wonder if it's exclusive to Terapagos.

[EDIT]

Nope, seems any Pokémon can use this mysterious nineteenth Tera Type.

Edited by Cibryll