Sign in to follow this  
BringerofEnd

January 28, 2019 Forbidden/Limited List

https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/?fbclid=IwAR1jAMF12KeFBzJbTBjCDjIJf6Q5NVU-cU1Ai3mZPXfstVzVspNiXcY1GgE

Forbidden:
Fairy Tail – Snow
Grinder Golem
Topologic Gumblar Dragon
Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk
Number 86: Heroic Champion – Rhongomyniad
Soul Charge

Limited:
Chaos Emperor Dragon – Envoy of the End
Cyber Stein
Dark Grepher
Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
El Shaddoll Construct
Brilliant Fusion
Gold Sarcophagus
Magical Mid-Breaker Field
Scapegoat
Slash Draw

Semi-Limited:
[no changes]

No Longer on List:
Inzektor Hornet
Nekroz of Brionac
Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Interruped Kaiju Slumber
The Monarchs Stormforth
Eradicator Epidemmic Virus
Infernity Barrier
Wind-Up Magician
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Limiter Removal

Edited by BringerofEnd

this list has me very confused, they hit shit like Snow and Thunder Dragons, without touching SS or Geist

and rip Orcust, they killed Gumblar and Rhongo, yet my boys AK and Grepher still land at 1; probably gonna have to actually play Cynet Mining now to search iblee

Edited by Catman

Exiton is back, and at 3 to boot ) : edit: So it was at 1 before but I never had it dropped on me *shrug*

I don't mind 86 being banned

So Cyber Stein is being tested against power creep?

Edited by I Hate Snatch Steal

Just now, I Hate Snatch Steal said:

Exiton is back, and at 3 to boot ) :

I don't mind 86 being banned

So Cyber Stein is being tested against power creep?

It's been legal in OCG since 2014, went to 3, then back to 1 cuz of Metalfoes making a triple lock of CDI, Exterio, and Kirin

But it's not the problem even in that deck

Sky Strikers are still best deck.

Engage has jumped $20 less than two hours after the list dropped.  Just bought my playset before it jumps any more.

It looks like only Thunder Dragon + DARK Decks were hit while the other top decks are pretty much untouched.

Then again, it looks like they're bringing variety back into the game, but I'm not sure how well the ol' decks would fare against the current top decks.

Orcust might need to go through a couple changes with Grepher limited too..

Edit:
Thinking this over more, DARK Warriors aren't even dead per se.  They lost their end plays, but almost the entire engine is still around.  I'm thinking it'll just be a matter of time before someone figures a new end state and DARK Warrior will be back just doing what they're doing.  Maybe move toward a "negate everything" board with Borreload Savage Dragon?  Maybe actually use Knightmare Gryphon?  I dunno... I'm just finding it interesting that despite how much moved this list, things might not be all that different at the top tables.

Edited by Tinkerer

Construct is back, freaking finally.
Not hits for Altergeists nor Strikers, little hits to Thunder Dragons through Gold Sarcophagus and Brilliant Fusion, while Dark Warriors most likely can shift into Extra Link strategies with the loss of Gumblar, and Grepher to 1 kinds hurts them a bit I guess, but still got Dangers! around. Overall the top tiers seem unaffected, and AFAIK Salamangreats are joining soon and that can shake up some things. I'm more glad that Gumblar and Rhongo are gone.

@jabber2033Glad they didn't hit Colossus after you got them, and I guess you don't have to worry about getting the Gem-knights for Brilliant Fusion xD

26 minutes ago, Darj said:

@jabber2033Glad they didn't hit Colossus after you got them, and I guess you don't have to worry about getting the Gem-knights for Brilliant Fusion xD

Yeah, that's nice.  Problem is what to play in place of Gold Sarcs.  I know they're getting a wolf card that banishes stuff, so I'll play that once I get those.

EEV Kinda helps put down strikers and geist. I would have been fine with snow at 1, but 0 works just fine for me. Soul charge is something i rarely used, but understand hitting to 0. Slash draw now has 0 destructive power, but still has recycle potential, so it's at a clearly nerfed, but still interesting spot imo. I've been waiting years for construct to come back, and i welcome it with open arms. grinder... I just bought 1, and was considering buying another. There went my money. CED's errata means it's dead right about now, never got hit by gumblar, but damn glad to see both it and rhongo go to 0. 

This is the best list i've seen in years. It hits the current degenerate cards without damaging the current meta decks too much, and instead of overall restricting decks, it releases cards that could help the players more easily deal with them. I'm fairly sure either somebody got fired, or somebody got hired, but regardless, i hope they keep it up.

They freed the wrong bug. Hornet isn't even as good as ladybug. Deck might even be worse than it was before this list, with the loss of gumblar.

Edited by (youknowwhoiam)