cr47t

[Advice req] can Eldlitch-Gren Maju blend work?

i've been building a custom banish build for some time irl, spending some cash on ygo for likely the first time since i signed up for YCM. yesterday at locals though, i went over the decklist with another guy in the tourney, and he suggested i try incorporating Eldlich as the main arche. for the deck, as it allows for counterplay/playing for a win even without Gren Maju in hand/field: most others i talked to at the tourney backed the idea. I have a few concerns, including whether Eldlich will get hit by a near-future banlist, whether i can get used to using GY effects (never was a big point of my previous budget decks), etc.

most important to me is whether i can make the deck competitive and non-expensive (as far as YGO goes) while still allowing for some of the more cheeky plays that have categorized my earlier decks. (in the eldlitch deck, cards like gren maju and maybe soul absorption would be examples. past e.g. include red rebooting a mirror force, playing normal pendulums only to plot twist the whole match with exodia, and the two copies of Triple Tactics i now have.) the thing is

should i sell the custom build and go for eldlich, or keep going with danger! gren maju? (i don't own the dangers yet, but most of the other stuff for the former i do actually have, and i can sell them to fund eldlitch build if neccesary.)