Sethera

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Union of Stars [OOC/Not Accepting]

~Theme: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - Opening~

beWcmYU.png

<IC>

Hosted by: Sethera

"You...you can hear me, right? Could you be a human? If you are, then that means...I finally found you! This world...needs your help. Please come...and lend your strength!"

As you come to awareness, you remember having heard these words before finding yourself in this situation.

Previously, you were a normal human being on planet Earth. You attended class, went to work, stayed home to play video games, etc. However, you were also part of a fairly active forum called Nincada's Custom Monsters, or NCM, as it was more commonly called. Your activities on that forum are the only things you can clearly recall from your life. Everything else is hazy and indistinct, though your personality traits still shine through.

Now, you've arrived in a strange world. The world...of Pokémon. "Be strong! Stay smart! And be victorious!"

Introduction

Spoiler

I did it. I finally did it. There are two major roleplays I've always wanted to run on this site. Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess...and this RP. While I've had other ideas—sadly, I'm prone to having an RP idea of the week—I kept coming back to these two. I got one up and running, and now it's this RP's turn. And while Fire Emblem will probably always take priority because of its age, I knew I would regret it if I never started this RP. I've wanted to make a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon roleplay for literally years, starting back from the YCM days. I've got a lot planned for this, so I hope you'll all enjoy the experience!

For those with no prior knowledge of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, it's a game series where Pokémon meets Mystery Dungeon and is both a role-playing game and a turn-based rogue-like. The gameplay involves exploring randomly generated dungeons, fighting other Pokémon, collecting items, and getting to the next floor.

However, there is more to these games than that bare-bones description. They have some of the best storylines in the Pokémon series, which I think makes them well-suited for roleplay. The single binding thread is the typical isekai—different world—story. The player character starts off as a human that is suddenly transported to somewhere else and becomes a Pokemon. In that place, they meet a partner Pokémon with grand dreams. The two then work together to rescue other Pokémon, explore mystery dungeons, take down bad guys, and perhaps discover the player character's true purpose there.

Rules

Spoiler
  1. Abide by both the site and RP section rules. The Advanced Clause applies as well.
  2. Be civil to the other players and respectful of their opinions and ideas. I will also not tolerate purposeful antagonism toward others.
  3. There will be a character limit of one character per player. I doubt I will ever allow more than that since it risks creating a situation where there is an overwhelming number of characters.
  4. The roster has a tentative limit of eight characters/players at the moment. I will not have a player character of my own in this RP so in this case it is legitimately eight. I also reserve the right to deny any applications that do not fit within the RP setting or require reworking.

Application

Spoiler

Basic Information

Nickname: Pokémon rarely have names, so only put a name here if your character uses a nickname that is not their species name, username, or real name. A Stufful who calls himself Tuff would be an example of this. If your character refers to themselves as their species, username, or real name, then either refer to that name here, or remove this section from the app.

Gender: Male, female, etc. Put genderless if your character is of a species that lacks gender. You may also specify gender identity if you so wish.

Personality: Spoiler this. Two paragraphs minimum.

Pokémon Information

Species: What kind of Pokémon are they? Whatever kind it is, it must fall under these guidelines. These might seem complicated and/or unnecessary, but it’s done mainly to prevent a power imbalance between players e.g. one person plays a Pichu and the other a Lucario.

Allowed

• Base forms—unevolved Pokémon—are allowed as long as their evolution is within the same generation. For example, Bulbasaur would be acceptable; Ivysaur or Venusaur would not. These include pseudolegendary Pokémon.
    • If the Pokémon has an earlier baby form, they are still accepted so long as they follow the above guidelines. Pikachu would fall under this category, since while it has an earlier baby form, it can still evolve.
  • Baby Pokémon are allowed. So Pichu, Riolu, or Happiny would be acceptable choices.
  • Regional forms and shinies are accepted.
  • Any Pokémon whose regional form evolves, but the original does not will be allowed, both original form and regional form, so long as they lack a baby form e.g. Farfetch’d.

Banned

• Base form Pokémon who evolve from a baby form and only evolve in a different generation are banned. Chansey is not allowed since its evolution is part of a separate generation even though it evolves from Happiny.
  • Pokémon with an earlier baby form that do not evolve at all are banned. Lucario, though it has a baby form, does not evolve further so it would fall under this category.
  • Pokémon that only evolve in a separate regional form and also have a baby form are not allowed. Galarian Mr. Mime would be an example of this. You would have to start as a Mime Jr.
  • Legendary and mythical Pokémon are banned. These include Phione, Poipole, and Meltan.

Maybes

• Base form Pokémon that only evolve in a separate generation and lack a baby form will be accepted or banned depending on the species.
  • Single stage Pokémon have to be approved by me.
  • If a Pokémon has a mega evolution, I will probably not allow it. Note, I mean if that species itself has one, not if it evolves into a Pokémon with a mega evolution.
  • Most novelty Pokémon are banned but certain ones are allowed with limits. For example, Ditto is not allowed, but Rotom is. However, you would start out as the base form with no ability to change forms until late RP.

Tips

• Choose a Pokémon that you are fine playing for most of the RP. Do not choose a Pokémon solely based on what it evolves into, since Pokémon in the Mystery Dungeon games do not evolve until late game.
  • That said, if you want to play a Pokémon that doesn’t normally have many moves, like Weedle, I would allow it and give them additional moves.
  • If you want your character to fall outside of these guidelines, then talk to me and I’ll see if I will allow for an exception.

Appearance: Either put a picture here or a brief description of your character’s Pokémon form. The description does not have any minimum word requirements. Spoiler this if you decide to input a picture and/or write out a lengthy description.

Ability: Put the ability of your Pokémon here. Hidden abilities are allowed.

Starting Moves: Your Pokémon will be level 5 to start out with, so only include moves they would know from leveling up. I will reference the latest generation that Pokémon has appeared in for move sets. Your Pokémon is also allowed to know up to two egg moves, but I need to approve them. They may know up to four moves at a time.

Human Information

Username: Put the name your character went by on the forum here, e.g. TuffLuck.

Real Name: Put your character’s real name here, e.g. Charles E. Cheese.

Appearance: Optional. Spoiler this. If you prefer, you can put what your character looks like as a human.

Forum Biography: Spoiler this. Does not have any sort of minimum requirements, but I would like it if you could at least summarize your character’s experience on the forum.

Biography: Spoiler this. Two paragraphs minimum. This will be the actual biography of your character.

Other Information

Optional. Put any trivia, musical themes, or whatever else you can think of here.

Roster

Spoiler

Z. - Zorua - radio414

Clobber - Clobbopus - LordCowCow

Es - Rotom - Tiamat's Circus

Marv - Froakie - Chaos Sonic

Noibat - Noibat - Doggo

Chester - Chespin - Skaia

Hector - Falinks - Cheshire Toon

Nincada's Custom Monsters

Spoiler

Formerly known as Yanma's Custom Monsters, most of the members moved to the new website when Yanma, the admin and founder of the forum, disappeared, and Nincada, a talented computer science person, took up the mantle. Originally made as a place for people to create custom Pokémon and discuss them, there ended up being a growing number of members obsessed with the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game, as well as a large group of role-players. It is known for the fact that every single staff member is renamed as a Pokémon, a tradition that has stood strong since the beginning. Also, both admins have been bug types.

Notes

• Trading Card Games used to be called "Other TCG" and was nested under Pokémon Trading Card Game. However, as there was a larger than expected amount of Yu-Gi-Oh! fans, the section ballooned and people protested it didn't really fit in the Pokémon Discussions forum. Eventually, the mods moved it to Multimedia. The person who spearheaded the protest still brags about it to this day.

• It is widely known that the Custom Monsters and Cards forum takes the most amount of work to moderate, and for that reason has two mods who oversee it. Second is Pokémon Discussions, and the third is Multimedia, though it used to be Creative Commons back when Graphic Showcase was more popular. Role-Playing takes the least amount of work to moderate.

• There used to be a Debates section, but due to it turning into an "argument" section that spilled out into the rest of the forum, the mods removed it.

• While NCM started out active, activity has waned over the years.

Layout

Information & Services

• News

• Comments & Inquiries

• Events

• Introductions

Custom Monsters and Cards

• Custom Pokémon

• Casual

• Advanced

• Contests

• Custom Pokémon Cards

• Singles

• Sets

• Decks

• Card Contests

• Experimental Cards

• Other Custom Cards

• Yu-Gi-Oh!

• Magic: The Gathering

• Cardfight!! Vanguard

• Other

Pokémon Discussions

• General Discussion

• Main Games

• Current Generation

• Past Generations

• Mobile Games

• Pokémon Go

• Pokémon Masters

• Pokémon Café Mix

• Spin-Off Games
    • Pokémon Stadium Games

• Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Games

• Pokémon Ranger Games

• Pokémon Unite

• Pokémon Puzzlers

• Other Games

• Pokémon Trading Card Game

• News & Leaks

• Discussions

• Banlists & Theories

• Decks & Archetypes

• Tournaments

• Anime

• Current Season

• Past Seasons

• Manga

• Pokémon Adventures

• Other Manga

Role-Playing

• Out-of-Character Planning

• Resources

• In-Character Posts

Creative Commons

• Creative Writing

• Original Works

• Fan Fiction

• Graphic Showcase

• Graphic Contests

• Shops & Requests

• Fan-Games

• Games Showcase

• Games Development

Multimedia

• Animation & Graphic Novels

• Eastern - Anime & Manga

• Western - Cartoons & Comics

• Literature, Movies, & TV

• Music

• Trading Card Games

• Yu-Gi-Oh!

• News & Leaks

• Discussions

• Banlists & Theories

• Decks & Archetypes

• Tournaments

• Magic: The Gathering

• Cardfight!! Vanguard

• Other

• Video Games

Other

• General

• Poll Tournaments

• Blogs

• Clubs & Organization

• Miscellaneous

• Games

• Ask Me Anything & Opinions

FAQ

Spoiler

Q. Is this RP limited acceptance?
A. Yes, after some thought, I might limit this to eight players for now. This might change as the RP progresses.

Q. Can I use such-and-such Pokémon? With such-and-such abilities and moves?
A. Read the application skeleton that I posted above.

Q. Where is the setting information?
A. I will gradually reveal information on the setting as the RP progresses, in line with how locations are introduced in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games.

Q. Will there be a personality quiz?
A. I will message those interested in taking a quiz. I will use those results to send them which hypothetical Pokémon they would be and their hypothetical partner.

Q. If we choose to take the quiz, are we required to use the Pokémon the quiz gives us?
A. No. The quiz is just for fun. However, you can choose to use the Pokémon the quiz gives you if you prefer.

Q. Do we each receive a partner Pokémon at the start like in the games?
A. No. Sorry, but that would probably be a bit too much for me. Plus, I want to encourage interaction between players, not just player and host.

Q. How well will this RP follow the games?
A. Depends on what you mean by that question.

Q. Is there a specific game in the series you're planning to follow?
A. I've played them all, so I'm planning on dipping into all of them. I might have some favorites, but I don't plan on letting this RP be a cookie-cutter of any specific game.

Q. How will this RP handle battles and stats?
A. Since there is little information on attack mechanics and statistics in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, I will mostly be using anime-style fighting for this RP with a dash of stats mixed in as well.

Q. What about maps?
A. There will be maps.

Q. I want to see such-and-such!
A. I might include it. Or I might not.

Edited by Sethera

"I was just waiting on a print but... What was a print again? Can't seem to remember... But! -Bzzzzt!- I do remember that you should only use ABS Filaments if you have a fume hood!"

Spoiler

Basic Information
Nickname: Es.

Personality: 

Spoiler

"People consider you an eccentric who does things at your own pace. You never break tempo. Your carefree nature makes you attractive. But you also happen to be somewhat childish... You are fickle and cause problems for the people who have to go along with you. Maybe people are even upset with you for being so fickle? If you realize how selfishly you're behaving, try to think before you do anything rash. A quirky person like you should be... The Pokémon Rotom!”

Es is… A bit out there, at times. The kind of person to wear headphones on a crowded bus, an empty hallway, or anywhere else they go; her head is perpetually in the clouds, off in her own little world.. She’s the kind of person to approach every challenge in her own way, choosing to go around most problems rather than through them, no matter how long it takes, as long as she’s happy with the result. Maybe this fervent desire to do things her own way is part of why she’s patient to a fault. It doesn’t matter if her friends are fifteen minutes, or an hour late - as long as they let her know ahead of time, and are A-Okay.

She only really finds herself in a bind when people expect her to disrupt her own plans for theirs, or demand she change her way of things without giving her a good enough reason. She’s patient, sure, but that patience has a limit, and the fastest way to reach that limit is by bossing her around or asking her to pick up her pace. In her mind, everyone goes about everything in their own way, so why should she have to change to suit someone else’s agenda? “As long as it gets done, it gets done, right?”

An eccentric who doesn’t seem to pick up on what other people are saying, she’s the kind of person to keep talking even after she’s been given the signal to stop five sentences ago. Be it a joke she’s trying to crack to lighten the mood, or her sharing some of her oddly-specific knowledge, she’s always one ready for conversation. Some might even wonder if she finds the silence jarring, while those closest to her might understand that it’s simply how she tries to extend an olive branch, even if it doesn’t always work.

Pokémon Information

Species: Rotom

Ability: Levitate

Starting Moves:

• Astonish
  • Double Team
  • Thundershock

Appearance

Spoiler

(Art by DrawerElma, original DA Post Deleted)

Floating in at one starly tall, Es is the same as any other Rotom. Lazily floating around, Es almost appears to move fluidly at times, something strange for Rotom, before suddenly jittering and returning to the static-like movements the species is known for. At other times, the plasma flowing around her will simply stop, freezing in place as if her entire person has put it to a halt, and yet… She always catches up to herself, even if she was mid-sentence.

Human Information

Username: Matter_Shaper

Appearance: 

Spoiler

(Art by Tetuw on Pixiv [Img Link / Original Post])

Forum Biography:

Spoiler

A long-time lurker on YCM before it, and even NCM, if you combined her post-history from both websites into one, you’d find that she barely reached the double-digits. Very few people would even recognize her name on the forum. Those that would, however, might remember her as making her first post, ever, right before YCM’s eventual downfall, in a multimedia thread, specifically discussing figures. Someone was contemplating seeing if they could go about 3D-printing some parts for a Garage Kit they wanted to make, only for Matter_Shaper to suddenly post in response, stating that the plastic filaments they had chosen would hardly stand up to what they were wanting to do.

And that was it, that was the first, and last post for a while. It wasn’t until later, when the object of 3D-Printing came up again, that Matter_Shaper descended upon the thread with a fervor previously unseen, suggesting that, as consumers, they should look into PLA filaments. This pattern largely stayed the same, for roughly a year, where she would post once and then disappear for months at a time before eventually, she started to become more active. Particularly, she was showing off some custom coins she had designed for the Pokémon TCG game, though she quickly lost interest in the thread when someone decided to call into question the actual balancing of the weight in the coin.

And from there, that was it, for the longest time. She didn’t really post anywhere, but most people in the know knew that they could get ahold of her as long as their question was related to 3D-Printing. It was only shortly before she disappeared for good that she made a quick reply to someone asking about filaments, suggesting that, if they couldn’t get a hold of PLA, they should look into ABS - provided they had a fume hood - and… That was it. Matter_Shaper didn’t have anything else to say after that, it seemed. Though a few dedicated collectors attempted to get in touch with her, for advice on what filaments and procedures to use for some upcoming projects, uncharacteristically, she never replied.

Biography

Spoiler

When Esther was a child, her parents used to get on to her for never being patient enough, and always trying to speed through things. Over the coming years, that gripe of theirs would seem to be the one thing she took to heart, as she proceeded to go through life at her own pace. Graduating three years late from college with an art degree, Esther didn’t really know what she wanted to do with her life. She mostly coasted from odd job to odd job, looking for something that had better pay, while coasting from hobby to hobby.

And really, it was her hobbies that kept her busy. Sure, she’d spend most of her day at her day job, but even when she was flipping burgers, then acting as a cheaply-paid nightguard, she never let those hobbies escape her mind. Instead, she’d hyperfocus on them as she zoned out at work, autopiloting a menu item or doing her perimeter check. These were the times she had the easiest time focusing on her hobbies, after all; thoughts of how to improve chord progression, or how to fix a badly put-together model helped the day, or night, move by faster.

It was only when she jokingly put her recent foray into designing blueprints for 3D printing on a resume and was denied the position she applied for - but offered another in another department - that she realized those hobbies didn’t have to stay hobbies. Her first job was simply at a local library, on her campus, where she helped maintain the 3D printer. To be honest, most of her job was receiving print jobs from students, and making sure that not only was their work safe both visually and for the 3D printer but also that they selected the right filaments for the work. Even then, she enjoyed her work, as this was the perfect kind of job for her; one filled with extra moments, time to spare, and where her hobbies could flourish as she waited on various things to finish.

Esther’s life really continued like that for a while, but instead of floating from odd jobs to odd jobs, she found herself floating from jobs relating to 3D-Printing until she landed the job she’s held for the last three years of her life. Working as a part of a small team, Esther’s team worked in tandem with various medical schools to design the blueprints to print various small models of organs for teaching purposes. Because of this, she got in an even larger habit of taking her time, mostly because anything she was working on generally had the backdrop of waiting on a print to finish, and hoping that there weren’t any issues with this leg of the printing journey. In fact, it was during one of these very print jobs when she decided she could take a nap, given it wasn't supposed to end for another four hours...

Other Information

• Theme: "Wonderland" by Sounds like Harmony.
  • Will add more as I think about it.

Edited by Tiamat's Circus

Hmmm, well...haven't been in a Pkmn RP since Fallen God...why the fuck not!

Anthem of the Lonely

Spoiler

"I can take care of this on my own...alright...?"

Basic Information
Nickname: Marv
Personality:

Spoiler

On the outside, Marv seems like the friendliest individual you could find, both caring and helpful to those who need it. Still, even the friendliest face can hide things from others, and Marv is no exception to this rule.

Past the outward appearance of his general disposition, Marv is a cautious individual who always has had trouble with friends, whether keeping them or just making them. Because of this, it makes him do what he can to try harder at things to make himself stand out amongst others to be recognized. Sometimes it plays to his advantage, other times it causes him to fall flat on his face and ruin things. Due to the latter, he does tend to want to keep to himself and try to do things by himself alone…which nine times out of ten, also results in his screwing up.

Even with this glaring flaw he has, Marv knows one thing specifically: he can't just ignore those in need when they need help. Perhaps this is the part of him that was always put into the various characters that he made when he was human and what caused him to be Shonen Typecasted…regardless of what it is, that's the cold hard fact that he always has to face and admit.

Pokémon Information
Species: Froakie
Appearance:

Spoiler

6fd1c11571859d1673e541b4bd6078a5.png

Ability & Moves:

Spoiler

Species Stats

• Wall-crawling
  • Flexible Bubbles/Frubbles
  • Best scotopic vision. Photopic vision equals humans. Can see blues, greens, and UV, but no red. Almost 360 degree vision. No eyelids.
  • Tongue (Though not to the point of Greninja)

Ability
Protean
The Hidden Ability of Froakie, which allows the Pokémon uses a move, it becomes a pure Pokémon of that type.

Moves

• Pound [Normal | Physical] - The target is physically pounded with a long tail, a foreleg, or the like.
  • Growl [Normal | Status] - ]The user growls in an endearing way, making opposing Pokémon less wary. This lowers their Attack stats.
  • Bubble [Water | Special] - A spray of countless bubbles is jetted at the opposing team. It may also lower the targets' Speed stats.
  • Toxic Spikes [Poison | Status] - The user lays a trap of poison spikes at the feet of the opposing team. The spikes will poison opposing Pokémon that switch into battle.

Human Information
Username: Order Shadow
Appearance:

Spoiler

99875_anime-boy-nature-hd-desktop-backgr

Forum Biography:

Spoiler

Under the guise of Order Shadow, Marvin joined Yanma's Custom Monsters before in 2008, his start in the journey of the forum life. While he dabbled in different things around the original forum, he didn't have a specific niche at the beginning. Custom card making here, a story told there and even a club made...but after a while, he found his niche: the Role-Playing section. That's the place he made his name known around the forum...even garnering a unique little title, YCM's Typecast Shonen Protagonist, due to his characters all falling right there into that category. But despite that, it showed that he put a lot of effort and care into these different characters.

Even when the times when Nincada's Custom Monsters was created, Marvin as Order Shadow continued to strive and be the best he could, bringing his "Shonen charm" to the RP section and just had business continue as normal. Through this section he made so many different online friends and even though some came and went, he still had the fun memories of his time with them.

...but was it ever enough?

Order Shadow would soon be sent a PM from an unknown user at the time on NCM, in which it simply gave a Personality Test. It was familiar to him due to his knowledge of a few Pokémon games, so naturally he took it...

Q1. Do you want to be famous?
A1. Yes
A2. No

A1 - Yes. Who wouldn't be?

Q2. You want to jump rope during recess, but everyone else wants to play tag...
A1. You give in and play tag with your friends.
A2. You convince all your friends to jump rope.

A1 - Give in and play tag with my friends. If they want to play tag more, then I'll happily join in too.

Q3. You're about to buy a popular game when someone else gets the last copy! How do you feel?
A1. Whatever.
A2. Annoyed. I was here first!
A3. I shed a few tears.

A3 - Shed a few tears. I was really looking forward to that game.

Q4. Do you prefer to be busy or to have a lot of free time?
A1. Being busy.
A2. Free time!
A3. In between.

A3 - In between. There's got to be a balance to it all.

Q5. Halfway to school you realize you forgot something. You'll be late if you turn back...
A1. You hurry back to get it anyway.
A2. You can't be bothered to get it now.

A1 - Hurry back to get it anyway. If it's important, then I got to get it.

Q6. You've been invited to a wonderful party. It's time for the party to start, but there's nobody there! You think...?
A1. Did something happen?
A2. Maybe I have the day wrong?
A3. Let's get this party started!

A2 - Maybe I have the day wrong? That's a bit embarrassing.

Q7. You see a big and comfortable bed. Your first reaction is to...
A1. Jump on it!
A2. Belly flop!
A3. Curl up.

A3 - Curl up. Time for a nice long rest.

Q8. Do you think it's important to always aim to be the best?
A1. Of course!
A2. No.

A2 - No. If your always aiming for the best, then your missing the time to stop and smell the roses and enjoying life.

Q9. Are you a boy or a girl?
A1. Boy
A2. Girl

A1 - Boy

Q10. All right! Vacation time at last! What kind of music fits your mood?
A1. I'll rock out to some hard rock!
A2. I'm in the mood for dramatic opera.
A3. I'm in the mood for a sophisticated waltz.
A4. I want to loudly sing anime theme songs!

A4 - Anime theme songs. They're just so catchy!

The results complied and the user simply said the following afterwards:
You seem to be...the lonely type, at least a little bit! You might find that surprising, but do you think it might be a little true? You know what they say, though... We're all a bit lonely every now and then! You probably keep this fact of life to yourself, though. But if there's one thing that brings us all together...it's our need to go it solo! So, a lonely and solitary type like you...The Pokémon Treecko!

An odd choice, but he wouldn't have thought anything else of it...after all, it was something simply to waste time, right...?

Biography:

Spoiler

"You seem to be...the lonely type... Story of my life..."

Marvin Hayes grew up in a pretty bog-standard home with a loving family consisting of his parents and his younger brother. His life was ordinary, plain...but he didn't ever mind it, he just went through life not caring about how this life of his wasn't exciting as the lives he saw his "friends" have or even those in different TV shows had. He was content...but was he really?

In truth, deep down, he actually wished it wasn't the case. At a young age, he constantly had friends but at the same time, he never thought they thought of him as a "friend" but generally just a simple acquaintance and nothing more. Could this be the reason he was always being a try hard around others? Could this be the reason he tried so hard to get along with everyone and even to have them like him? Honestly...the answer was yes. This inferiority complex and desire to have friends would continue to grow as he did, but eventually he found an outlet to where he could be how he truly envisioned himself...a little Pokémon forum that he would be ingratiated into for many years to come.

As he kept spending his time on his laptop, his escape from the real world and the problems it held, it began to worry Marvin's parents to the point where they thought he was being anti-social and just being a loner. How wrong they could be...to Marvin, he was a loner his entire life, even with his younger brother there to help cheer him up and even encourage him, it still didn't do much. No one understood how he felt nor could they...he was just...different from others apparently.

That was all until he found himself a personality test that was sent to him via private message on NCM...

Other Information
Marv's Theme (Alternative) | Battle Theme

• Marv is practically a mirror of myself specifically.
  • Marvin's name means the following: Marvin - Welsh name which means "sea friend", Hayes - British name which means "hedged area".
  • The personality test mentions Marv is "lonely", which could possibly bring Marv to have the Lonely Nature (+ATK, -DEF).
  • The first Pokémon game he played was Pokémon Sapphire, making Hoenn his first official dive into the Pokémon universe.
  • Marv's favorite Pokémon character outside from the main series games happens to be from from "Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky", Grovyle the Thief.
  • After a year from this and revitalization of the RP...Marv has been reworked, going from a Treecko to a Froakie.

Edited by Chaos Sonic

On 4/9/2022 at 8:51 PM, radio414 said:

was there a big forum split where nncm was created and if yes what happened to those people

interested

There might have been. I would check one of the new sections I made for more information on that. Looking forward to RPing with you again!

On 4/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, Tiamat's Circus said:

Big Interest In This One!

Thanks for the Big Interest! Better than a Small Interest or a Tiny one.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:33 PM, Cheshire Toon said:

hi

Goodbye. Hello. Thanks for the interest!

On 4/10/2022 at 4:10 AM, Mr. Hyde said:

Sethera huh?  I'm always down 

Yeah, probably not a name you were expecting, huh? It's been a while since I've started a new RP. It'll be cool to RP alongside you again!

On 4/10/2022 at 5:19 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

Hmmm, well...haven't been in a Pkmn RP since Fallen God...why the fuck not!

Oh, dang that's a while then. Though I suppose that's the same for me...huh. Well, here's to it going well!

Also I have now updated the interest check and it's an OOC now! Forgot to change the title and add tags but I'll be doing that shortly. I'll also be making a Discord chat soon and adding any interested parties to that.

Edited by Sethera

Hello will put the app here when I can, probably tomorrow knowing myself, yo

"Oh, great, now I'm a Pokemon...hey what're you looking at? Keep walkin if you don't wanna throw down!"

Spoiler

Basic Information

Spoiler

Nickname: Clobber (Might tell people real name if grows closer to them)

Personality

Spoiler

Clobber is a coward. But he does his best to not show that. He's frightened of a lot of things. Scared to act, scared to not act, scared of things bigger than him, scared of getting hurt, scared of failing. Just scared in general.

He covers for this by being extra aggressive. If he feels a stirring of fear he'll often lash out and/or try and start a fight. He gets into scraps easily and tends to act much more confident than he feels in the hopes it'll get the other person to stand down.

Ultimately Clobber is a cynic who can't quite find it in himself to entirely give up yet. He doesn't really know it himself but he still wants to find something. Something that'll help him not be so afraid anymore. But, until then, he'll continue to play the part of a tough guy delinquent.

When not afraid and defensive Clobber is a fairly unassuming person. Not one to go the extra mile he tends to hang back when possible. However even with all this he's not opposed to talking to others but he sometimes comes off as a bit jumpy and on edge while doing so.

Pokémon Information

Spoiler

Species: Clobbopus

Appearance (art by hakuginnosora)

Ability: Limber

Starting Moves: Leer, Rock Smash, Feint, Circle Throw

Human Information

Spoiler

Username: TheStrongestArtist

Appearance (art by myuhuaki)

Forum Biography

Spoiler

Despite his username, Shawn barely posted in the art sections. He used to be found mainly in Debates and was known for getting worked up and then vanishing for a while.

Originally Shawn wanted to join to post some Pokemon fanart but over time he became too worried to post any and found himself using the site to blow off some stress. At first only hovering but after dipping his toes in various sections ended up getting into an infamous argument in Debates and sort of became known as the overly passionate and prickly guy. When Debates was removed he was unsure what to do. Whenever he'd post elsewhere people would make jokes about his usual behavior which led him to slowly back away from the site. But he found that he kept coming back for reasons he didn't really get.

He occasionally posted some art but often would ask the mods to delete them. Sometimes a mod would keep it up for a while, with good intentions if not foresight, which usually resulted in someone saying something that upset Shawn and him removing the images and arguing until a mod could come in and get rid of the thread.

Biography

Spoiler

Shawn comes from a bad neighborhood. The kind where just going for a walk to the gas station for food (something he'd do often as he couldn't cook whatsoever, lived alone, and never was motivated to learn) could be dangerous. He learned to keep himself shut away when possible and how to fake toughness to get out of trouble. Unfortunately this didn't work out so well all the time and he ended up getting into fights anyway. Some of these he won others he didn't. But it was enough that he was able to just scrape by and build enough of a reputation that over time less people tried to mess with him.

What friends he had gradually left. Either because they realized he wasn't as tough as they thought or, on the flip side, because his tough guy act made them leery of him. Which led him to more and more spend time on the internet, despite a spotty connection, but he was never brave enough to really dive into most of the communities. It did however leave him with a huge sense of envy at the talent and, as he perceived it, freedom of a lot of other creators.

Shawn badly wanted to be an artist but life beat him down so often he started to believe this was just not something he would be allowed to do. He spent much of his time working and the down time he did have would be dedicated to trying to make art, giving up, and just looking through the internet searching for...he didn't really know. All he really knew was he would never escape this life.

Until...

Other Information

Spoiler

Might add more but not needed

-His parents were hardly ever in the picture and one day they weren't at all
-His favorite characters are Bea and Burgh (though the latter is with a bittersweet feeling)
-Not good with spicy foods but will eat it to look tough

I really appreciate all the interest guys! It was actually more than I expected. Due to that, I might limit the starting roster to eight people just to keep things at a more manageable level to start. We're not at the limit yet, but we might reach it in the future if another person posts interest.

I'm not going to make people compete for slots though. This is just a cutoff in order of who posted interest first. Also if there end up being like nine people interested I'll probably just accept all nine but not any more than that I don't think.

Edited by Sethera

Now that I'm more awake kind of I'm going to reply to all these!

12 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Hello will put the app here when I can, probably tomorrow knowing myself, yo

Ayyy always glad to have a cow in the group!

9 hours ago, Doggo said:

Truly shameful it took me this long to notice this. All the interest.

It's fine I didn't really advertise it or anything so just mainly if you happened to be looking in the OOC forum. Also, super excited to see the original PMD host in here!

36 minutes ago, Skaia said:

Pending interest.

Pending thanks for the pending interest.

And with that the roster is full (pending)! This is subject to change if anybody drops. And if there's just one more person ever that is interested I'll probably just accept them cuz it sucks to be the odd man out. But yeah for now it is full.

Edited by Sethera

Putting the "Z." in Zorua

Spoiler
Spoiler

iRGrJsF.jpg
“I scare you? Listen, there’s a lot of stuff out there scarier than me so you better learn to get brave real quick.”

Nickname: Z., as in “Zee,” not “Zed” or “Zzz”

“And saying otherwise is cruising for a bruising.”

Personality:

Spoiler
Spoiler

You seem to be...the sassy type! Or at least somewhat sassy! You don't like taking orders. You're a little rebellious and like to disagree. You're a lone wolf! You like to keep your distance from groups and go off to do things on your own. Older folks may be the ones who find you the most disagreeable, even selfish. But people younger than you tend to really admire you!

“Oh my God. I know you can do it. You know you can do it. So why don’t you just fucking do it?”

Z. believes in the concept of the “renaissance human” -- someone who is good at everything to some degree -- with all their heart. Thus, they have striven to become one themselves, taking on every challenge with a fervent intensity that is unmatched even when their skill is. That’s the thing, though, as they’ve improved, those obstacles become significantly diminished, which only serves to bolster the cycle.

Problems arise when they start expecting the same out of everyone else. Z. sees most people as wasted potential first and people second. This is something they tend to force the issue on, regardless of someone’s personal contentment or even simply say in the matter. Frequently, this manifests itself as bluntly pointing out people’s shortcomings, but things have occasionally escalated when they catch people unawares. At least one person on the cross-country team has found themselves cornered outside the locker room, Z. with a glint in their eye, a wretched smile, and the words “We’re going to improve your conditioning today whether you like it or not,” on their lips.

This, obviously, has left them lonely at times. To be friends with Z. means putting up with a lot of this, not to mention their own irritability stemming from their own shortcomings (being nearly friendless being one of them, of course) and most people cannot. Still, those that do find that they can also be fiercely loyal, willing to do whatever it takes to keep them there. They’ll put up with a lot if you do the same.

Pokémon Information:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Species: Zorua
Ability: Illusion
Starting Moves: Scratch, Leer, Detect, Copycat

Appearance:

Spoiler
Spoiler

6ko0irG.jpg
(source (original pixiv was deleted))

The typical Zorua stands about two feet four inches, though Z. is a little bit shorter at two feet -- two Starly -- tall. Not that that’s something that you should bring up or anything, partially because, you know, it’s Z., but also because they tend to use their illusion ability to help make up that extra height, whether that’s through a vague, threatening aura or, you know, just appearing larger. When they’re impersonating other Pokémon, a reddish tint is added to their disguise’s iris color. “It’s almost imperceptible,” they’d say, but that “almost” does a lot of heavy lifting.

It’s something Z. continues to work on. Maybe with time? It’s not like they’re going to give up anytime soon.

Human Information:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Username: Channel Zeta (generally referred to as simply “Zeta” in conversation)

Forum Biography:

Spoiler

During the golden years of the forum, Channel Zeta was largely found in the Creative Writing section. While they did have fanfics that were updated… about as sporadically as anything else on the forum (though to be clear, they did update! One of them even finished!), the feature they were most known for was their review/sporking series “Channel Zeta’s Zeta Channel” where they took on the perceived linguistic and literary inadequacies of the section at large. In retrospect, even they would probably call this a little mean-spirited, but it was justified at the time because it was one: certainly targeting only the worst writing on the site (and always with an (admittedly half-hearted) message about striving to do better), and two: had a snarky sense of humor that was especially in vogue at the time. As a special show of good faith, they even sporked their own early fan-fiction for the second anniversary of the project.

Of course, as time went on, as internet culture shifted and larger, more purpose-built amateur writing sites came into being, material dried up and Channel Zeta’s Channel Zeta was quietly brought to an end. But being one of the early forum’s centerpieces gave them a reputation (bolstered by a low-four-digit post count) that never really went away. They moved on to residing mostly in the miscellaneous subforum, where they maintained a hard-hitting opinions thread and participated in many of the major forum arguments -- especially all of the ones they caused.

Appearance:

Spoiler

zruTken.jpg
(source)

Biography:

Spoiler

Nincada’s Custom Monsters -- and Yanma’s Custom Monsters before it -- was really only a distraction. A welcome one, sure, but, well, for every delay Channel Zeta’s Zeta Channel experienced, the excuse was always some sort of physical activity. “My dad and I were out hiking, so ofc I didn’t have internet,” for example, or, “it’s two-a-day week for soccer, so I’ve been completely conked.” One time, they even posted something to the effect of “got in a fight lol, you should see the other guy tho” which devolved into this whole thing about whether it was okay to glorify real-life violence. In any case, the physical world was their true passion, 

In some cases, this self-improvement was rewarded. They certainly felt a sense of pride as they improved their cross-country times or slowly mastered a new skill. Other times, of course, especially when interacting with teammates, it was not. They never wore a captain’s armband because, despite their prowess, their hot-blooded nature and aforementioned lack of understanding of other reasons to play meant they were never placed at the center of a team, and they were frequently benched besides. Z. learned to rationalize this as its own reward.

The moment they were brought over to the Pokémon world, they were jogging between Pokéstops. They were supposed to be doing this with a friend, someone they’d somehow not driven away, though maybe the fact that Z. had sprinted on ahead without agreeing on a pace at all had given the friend second thoughts. As they were waiting for a crosswalk to change, still moving in place to keep warm, they heard a voice asking them, “What are you?”, to which Z. responded with a rather characteristic, “None of your fucking business.”

If it were a person asking, that probably would have been the end of it. But such defiance doesn’t seem to matter against the cosmic forces of the world.

Other Information:

• Theme: "NY Excuse" by Soulwax
  • In keeping with their “always have to be the best” mentality, Z. is not too shabby at home ec-related tasks, especially baking, and it annoys them when people act surprised about this.
  • Also annoying to them is the fact that they can’t hold a pitch to save their lives.
  • Okay a lot of things are annoying to them we’ve been over this.
  • Was one of those people who said they were boycotting Sword and Shield over reasons they can't even remember and then bought both anyway.
  • All of their fanfic got deleted after the site glitched and purged a bunch of old topics so no you can't read it.
  • probably more stuff if/when i think of more stuff

Edited by radio414

Not sure how many slots are left here, but pending interest if there's one open. I'll wait for a response on if there's a slot or not before making a character sheet, so I don't end up putting in all that work just to be turned down.

34 minutes ago, Princess Raven said:

Not sure how many slots are left here, but pending interest if there's one open. I'll wait for a response on if there's a slot or not before making a character sheet, so I don't end up putting in all that work just to be turned down.

Hello, thanks for the interest! Yeah, I know I phrased that kind of weird before, oops. Basically, I'm at the limit of how many people I want to work with right now. I might be able to open up another slot in the roster in the future, but first I want to wait and see how things develop. I don't want to overload myself by accepting too many people due to the nature of PMD. Things might change if anybody drops and/or I feel more confident about an increased roster, but for now the RP's status is a tentative not accepting. Sorry for the confusion!

Holy Hole in a Donut, Batman!

Spoiler

Basic Information

Spoiler

Nickname: Sticks to species name, very reluctant to give out username or true name.

Personality:

Spoiler

Noibat's personality is in flux currently, and has been for some time. This is quite intentional however. She's been on a years-long journey to reinvent herself and that's not stopping now that she's a bat. Though it seems far from healthy, much more like she's running (or flying maybe) away from the person she was.

She's very prone to adapting to the people around her, trying to slide into different roles to see what sticks. Naturally, Noibat will seem very inconsistent if one is to observe her in multiple settings as a result. This mimicry is not driven by trying to impress others but earnestly seeking to be someone else. Contradicting herself mid-sentence is not unheard of. Getting incredibly frustrated and changing the subject often follows.

Despite all the hats she's trying on, a few traits have stuck pretty well. Noibat is all or nothing in anything they try to do. She either is firing on all cylinders doing her best, or can barely be bothered to get off the ground. It's less of an uncontrollable bipolar personality and more burnout setting in from taking everything that interests her way too seriously. Often she likes to try and be the leader in situations, until circumstances show she lacks the critical thinking skills to effectively manage it at which point she withdraws entirely and delegates all responsibility to others. The only problem with all of this: this is exactly what Noibat has always been like. So she's yet to really change herself much at all.

When it all gets to be too much for her, Noibat likes to sleep her problems away. The less she's awake, the less she has to process bad feelings and sleep long enough and the bad feelings just go away. Or that's the plan anyway, it remains to be seen how effective it is. She will confide in others but usually only well after things have gotten out of control and only with close friends.

Pokemon Information

Spoiler

Species: Noibat

Appearance:

Spoiler

BiiRzs7.jpg

Stands at 1.666... Starlys like most members of her species. Her left wing is slightly shorter than her right wing, but you can't really tell. Especially when she's flapping them.

Ability: Telepathy

Starting Moves:
-Absorb
-Gust
-Defog
-Dragon Rush (Unmastered)

Human Information

Spoiler

Username: Fleur

Appearance:

Spoiler

HM57k4T.jpg

This is not in fact what Adriana looked like. This is simply the last avatar she used on NCM but she can't actually recall what she really looked like. The haziness of it all has led her to believe this must have been what she looked like so it's what she'll describe if she gets talking about being a human. She's still trying to explain the blindfold to herself.

Forum Biography:

Spoiler

Fleur was a long time member of both YCM and NCM but it took a few years for her to settle on a name and place for herself. Naturally Pokemon was the initial draw of course. She made a lot of really bad custom cards, only ever posting the few she felt the most proud of to mixed results. This led to months long breaks away from the forums, convincing herself it was all stupid before inevitably coming back to make something else, change her username and try it all again.

As Pokemon began to wane as an interest for her around the fifth generation, her presence on the forum ironically solidified. Yugioh was the new craze, and Sherry of Yugioh 5ds became an eternal obsession and thus she became Fleur to honor her cards. At this point she had moved away from basically any sort of card creation and focused much more on the social aspects. She was a strong presence in the multimedia forums though not always a positive one. Her feelings on things she liked were always intense and could at times be perceived as abrasive or dismissive of differing opinions.

Fleur had a lot of ups and downs over the years with the forum and its members. Friend circles came and went, with various falling outs. Eventually a somewhat stable group of small friends formed around her, the problem was her romantic life. Fleur had several online relationships with other members. They always seemed happy at first but things broke down in really toxic ways on both sides, resulting in months long absences from the forums. Three years ago she actually didn't leave after a particularly bad break up with a boyfriend. Soon after she rebounded and had herself a new girlfriend from among her close friend group. A year and half later and the two have been living together mostly happily since.

Biography:

Spoiler

Adriana has never once in her life met her dad, but despite this has had many fathers. Though in her opinion that's debatable. Her young life was a continual shift from alone with her mom to a new boyfriend entering their lives. Things started well, turned sour and in some cases even abusive, and ultimately broke off. Some months would go by with just daughter and mother alone and these are usually the times she points to as happy memories. But it was never too long before the next man took a shot.

As a child, Adriana learned quickly to adapt to the people around her. Each of her mother's boyfriends acted and responded to her differently. The best would largely pay her no real mind, the worst would extend their violence from her mother to her. She had to learn quickly what would and wouldn't set people off. But to confuse all of it her own mother acted differently around each of her boyfriends. So she had to constantly relearn her own mother's behaviors.

This erratic lifestyle pushed Adriana toward seeking stability in what ways she could. This translated into consuming as much anime, manga and video games as possible to form rock soli, mathematically correct, opinions about the contents of each. Yet she was rarely met with the same passion from schoolmates or anyone she met in the real world. Only the internet seemed to understand her obsessions.

Forum crawling and blogging took hold in her life at roughly the same time. As her interests were wide and varied, her blogging ended up being a lot of single posts before moving on to a new topic. Eventually she narrowed in on combining her first love, Pokemon, with her one major real life hobby of baking. Eventually this spilled into a Youtube channel centered around making themed desserts and showing her viewers how to do it at home. Though as Pokemon faded into the background she tried to change the direction of the channel before burning out.

The channel revived a year and a half ago when her girlfriend moved in. The relationship relit the spark and the two started making videos together and settled into a comfortable and healthy routine. It was all Adriana could ask for. Stability, love, respect, and a lot of cake.

A shame then that it was taken from her.

Other Information

Spoiler

-Theme: Kanashimi wa Aurora ni by Aimer
-Adriana naturally had a sweet tooth as a human. As a fruit-loving Noibat this has not changed, merely shifted to a voracious appetite for any and all fruit. Peaches will make her go crazy.
-Your waifu is trash and you're gonna have to learn to live with that.

18 hours ago, Sethera said:

Hello, thanks for the interest! Yeah, I know I phrased that kind of weird before, oops. Basically, I'm at the limit of how many people I want to work with right now. I might be able to open up another slot in the roster in the future, but first I want to wait and see how things develop. I don't want to overload myself by accepting too many people due to the nature of PMD. Things might change if anybody drops and/or I feel more confident about an increased roster, but for now the RP's status is a tentative not accepting. Sorry for the confusion!

Damn, that's unfortunate. Well, let me know if there's ever an opening. Side note, the obvious references to this community via the forum aspect of this are simultaneously amazing and cursed xD

5 hours ago, Princess Raven said:

Damn, that's unfortunate. Well, let me know if there's ever an opening. Side note, the obvious references to this community via the forum aspect of this are simultaneously amazing and cursed xD

Don't worry, I'll let you know! And yes, I had a lot of fun with that. XD

I don't have a quote but here's the color, please don't hurt me 

Basic Information

Nickname: Chester

Personality: 

Spoiler

A man of self procclaimed exceptional knowledge and skill, Chester is a busy body. Whenever there's someone in need of aid, he's there to help them. Whenever there's something that needs to doing, he's there to do it. He's there even when you don't know you need him. Some people might even say they didn't ask for his help, but that could never be true. Chester is always ready and willing to give his unsolicited criticism and advice to others. He's never particularly mean spirited about this, and in fact were one to peer into his mind while giving such he is genuinely and earnestly trying to be helpful about it. Even if, between his nosiness and stubborness he can seem certainly less than amicable or approachable. 

Chester, of course, would never hold someone else to standards that he could never live to. And so whenever he is given a task he will always put his one hundred percent into it until he finally gets it done. He has trouble relying on others, however, and has troubles actually acknowledging his own faults and weaknesses. So, if he ever hits a roadblock in life, it often leads to a persistent problem that he can neither get over himself nor does he want others to help him get over it. 

As an overly serious and passionate person, Chester also has an issue with reading people. He's not the best to get humor or sarcasm and he's also fairly gullable. 

Pokémon Information

Species: Chespin

Appearance: 

Art by Nullma

1 and 1/6th Starly tall. 

Ability: Bulletproof. 

Starting Moves: 

• Vinewhip
  • Growl
  • Syntehsis
  • Power Up Punch

Human Information

Username: Sawsbuck76, ProdigyProfessor, Appletun

Appearance:

Art by Keishin

Forum Biography: 

Spoiler

Known in current day as Appletun, more commonly just called "Apple," Chester had a rocky start to his forum days. Joining the forum of YCM in interest of learning more about the Pokemon meta game to begin with, as well as being enamored by the very idea of just making custom pokemon or cards or anything really. He had a very rocky start, though, as his name was immediately made fun of due to the communities conventions. This was not at all helped by his actual "mod-like" attitude, which got him into trouble with others, both regular forum members and mods alike, more often then not. And so, after discussing things with a mod once, he had his named changed. His attitude most certainly didn't. 

Still, the community started to get used to his personality either finding him to be a genuinely helpful member of the forum or just someone they could eyeroll and ignore entirely, much to his chagrin. His own threads were also always booming with activity, though those were generally almost always ironically so. There were some that still held some animosity towards them, and the arguments and drama that happened as a result are not something that Chester takes any pride in, yet would also still not change anything were the same prompts to appear in his life again. Eventually though, as YCM had a period where its modship started to lower in number and the chaos of debates started to flare up, Chester proved to be a helpful force there - not neccessarily in resolving debates so much as in helping the mods out in their blindspots. And it was for this that he was made a general mod of the forum, and had reclaimed his name of old. Only Appletun was now his favorite pokemon. 

With modship granted to him, not much changed about Chester other than his tendency to butt heads with the other mods more and generally random and numerous solutions to bolster acitivity on the site, most of which flopped. Even when the forum changed to NCM, he remained the same go getter that he had always been. 

Biography: 

Spoiler

Chester had always had a fondness for school. He enjoyed the process of academics and learning, always finding the new subjects they talked about fascinating. He enjoyed when, if someone was unable to get such subjects, speaking on the teacher's behalf to try and get them to understand. Whenever he learned something new, however mundane or out there it was, he always wanted to share it with everyone in class. Even to the teacher. And whenever he saw someone happy to hear what he had to say or teach, he always felt even more overjoyed to keep helping them, becoming a bit nosier as well into others affairs as well. One day, however, a friend of his introduced him to something he had never heard of. Video games, for one, and Pokemon for the other. The boy was instantly enamored with the plethora of things to learn, not really caring to apply any of this knowledge to anything just that there was so much of it. And so he decided to brave the internet to find the forum of YCM, a popular one to learn all he could about Pokemon. 

While his interests were starting to rise, his family's financial situation was starting to decline. His parents started to work more to make up for this, so much more that they were hardly ever present for most of the waking day. His older brother as well had a part time job, often leaving just him and his younger sister behind at home. While not knowing at all how to cook or care for himself, the boy taught himself the basics and did what he could to keep him and his sister preoccupied during this time. However, things never took an upturn and only continued to worsen. As fights between his parents became more frequent, Chester started to become more aware of arguments and fights at school, often times trying to intercede in them. This rarely ever worked out, and not being an athlete by any stretch, also lended itself to him getting beaten on several occassions. 

The boy plunged himself further into his studies, all in the interest of getting to a school on a scholarship. His social life started to take a downswing as well, now starting to dive further and further into YCM to use it as a means to escape the stresses of the outside world (and instead deal with the more manageable online stresses,) until finally things had started to look up. He had gotten into the school he wanted. He had gotten a modship position on the forum he frequented. His rank in Pokemon Showdown was even in the top 500 for a bit. With most of his life figured out, the boy had managed to move into a campus on dorm and begin working towards his teaching degree. With the next few years of life shaping out to be some of his best, even if he was still something of a recluse offline, the young man would find a wrench in his life he could never anticipate. 

Other Information

I'm sure there's a theme for him out there.

Can I get a uuhhhhhhhhhh

Spoiler

Basic Information:

Spoiler

Nickname: Cross 

Personality: 

Spoiler

Cross is a rather bashful Cubone, a rare trait among the species.  He isn't as aggressive as others, and typically doesn't like to be alone.  He likes the comfort of a group where he can be seen usually standing on the sidelines, and listening to everyone else talk.  He's very fond of those he makes connections with, and usually spends his days gathering gifts from the surrounding areas, usually berries and cool sticks he finds.  

Cross isn't used to confrontation of any kind, so he usually likes to play support in a fight.  During thunderstorms, he can usually be found at a high point in the area trying to catch lightning with his trusty Bone Club!  He usually cries when he's alone, but he can somewhat feel comfort from the Skull he wears as a helmet when he does so.

Pokémon Information:

Spoiler

Appearance: 

Spoiler

0VfHd9J.png

Ability: Lightning Rod

Starting Moves: Growl, Mud Slap, Tail Whip, Iron Head

Human Information

Spoiler

Username: HeraX

Appearance: 

Spoiler

982e3a3394b012847a632f5bd260e687781fbbf6

Forum Biography: 

Spoiler

Jamie's first found NCM when he was 10 years old, after he had found some funny looking Pokémon card of Shadow the Hedgehog on the internet.  After some googling, he found the website and couldn't wait to make his own Pokemon cards of characters that were so far removed from Pokemon themselves, it made him laugh.  He spent many a day posting his own custom cards that were obviously berated for their poor design by members of the forum who were probably older than him, and way more experienced in the card design aspect of the game.  

After a few more years of gradually getting better at the designs of actual cards that would see competitive play if printed, Jamie decided to wander to other parts of the forum that he'd never touch.  In the Graphic Designs section, he was amazed by people's ability to splice Pokemon sprites to make their own!  After an easy YouTube tutorial, Jamie made it his mission to give every Pokemon without a proper evolution, or pre evolution, their own in game sprite.  He was pretty good at it too!  He became a mainstay of the section, and even opened his own shop for commissions.  He dabbled in other video game sprites after some time, and even won a graphics showcase competition here and there.  HeraX was your go-to guy for Sprite Work on the site!

After his perceived takeover of that section, there were two other hobbies he tried to dabble in.  Competitive battling, and Roleplay.  He was always too afraid to join the RP section, but he lurked and read other peoples adventures while toiling away in photoshop.  However, there was a club on the site that hosted online tournaments every so often, and he made it his mission to get his butt kicked by actual competitive mons with proper IV and EV spreads.  

Biography:

Spoiler

Jamie was introduced to Pokemon at a very young age by his older brother, Jackie.  His brother had been a fan for so long, and grew up bored to death without any siblings, so when Jamie came along, it wasn't long before he was indoctrinated.  When he was able to hold a DS with his tiny hands, Jackie instead let him use his Gameboy.  That way, Jamie could experience Pokemon from the very beginning, with Blue Version!  Jamie played all the way through all the games, and by the time he was ready to play the most recent Generation at 8, it was the Fifth installment of the mainline games!

Jamie, growing up, went to a fairly small Public school.  Not many kids were fans of Pokemon like he was.  Sure, they'd talk about the latest episode on occasion, but none of them seemed interested in playing cards or trading their own monsters.  He was never the oddball out, but he couldn't help but feel like he could talk all he wanted about the things he liked the most.  

Fast Forward to his Middle School Years, and Jamie was perusing the internet for all things competitive battling, and card tournaments!  That's when he came across the NCM forum.  Here, he felt like he could let loose with all his feelings for the franchise.  This was where people like him went, when they couldn't get their thoughts across in the real world!  The internet sure was an amazing place!  He would stay on the site, and logon everyday, until the fated day where he'd awaken in another world.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

You know, I realized I never did the traditional host thing of commenting on everybody's apps here in the OOC. But I don't really feel a need to do that here since I said it all in the Discord chat... I guess if people want more in-depth feedback from me, I can do that here. If not, then we'll just stick with the status quo. Though I suppose it'd be useful for future reference if people want to join and don't have a Discord. Anyway...

Guess what's up, everybody? It's the IC, that's what!

Edited by Sethera