LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

?͜҉̀?? Team Karaoke

Lok was baffled as reality itself seemed to have been corrupted by Giratina. The once stable ground they stood on morphed into various platforms that seemed to float above an endless void. These platforms moved everywhere, large chunks of land floating below and above him. As his platform seemed to sink, Lok was surprised when he didn't fall off the chunk of rock he was on. It was almost like his platform had its own gravity, as he felt completely stable as the platform tilted downwards. As Nine and Shaymin fought, Lok took a second to try and wrap his head around what exactly was happening. He also took a second to catch his breath - he wasn't sure how much longer he could actually go on, as he was feeling drained.

He wouldn't have much time to consider that, however, as he saw what looked like a meteor flying straight at him. "No no no!" Lok stammered, frantically looking around for a way out. He saw another platform floating by him - this one completely parallel to the one he stood on. He had no idea if what he was about to do was going to work, but from what he gathered about these platforms and the fact that there was a landmass quickly flying towards him, he didn't have much of a choice. With whatever energy he had left, he sprinted along the platform, jumping off of it as Nine's platform approached, the force of the impact helping him propel himself towards the parallel landmass.

He felt his stomach turn as he face planted on the platform, what he could only describe as the shift in gravity nauseating him. Picking himself up, he turned around to see the platform that he was just on, or what was left of it after the crash. He turned towards Giratina, who now had a sort of primal and horrifying look to them. Fortunately, his platform - wall? - was drifting above Shaymin and Giratina, the latter of which had fired off a nasty looking attack. Taking a deep breath, Lok ran off of the edge of the platform once his platform was directly above theirs, and landed on top of Giratina with a Hex burning in his hands. The legend let out a roar as the flames danced on her body, the tendrils on her back nearly instantly tossing Lok off of her and towards the ground. As he tumbled on the ground, Giratina snarled at Lok, before letting out a Dragonbreath towards the boy. Lok barely had time to roll mostly out of the way, letting out a roar in pain as he felt the side of his arm burn from the fire. Lok clenched the now singed arm, whimpering as Giratina let out a mad cackle.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine's platform began sailing through the air, the Houndoom saw himself going on a crash course towards Lok. As he was, both in his position and physical level of exhaustion, Nine knew that he couldn't help Lok. Thankfully, the boy seemed to get his senses about him and managed to avoid the collision in time. That left the only person who needed to find a way out being Nine himself. Of course, being on a hurtling rock with gravity that he couldn't quite grasp was making it fairly difficult to take any evasive maneuvers. And so, he instead braced himself for the collision as the two rock platforms smashed against each other, breaking each other apart. Nine was sent hurtling from the impact, and thankfully rather than falling into oblivion itself, he simply slammed into what he assumed was a wall. 

Nine's breathing slowed, growing heavier and heavier as he simply lied there on the floor. He could barely feel anything at this point, and knew that his opponent wasn't any close to slowing down either. He had fought godslayers and legends alike. He had even fought a disciple. And compared to the primordial beast before him, they were all basically children. Something that defied reason, even amongst beings that were forces of nature themselves. Yet still, despite the fatigue he was feeling, despite the ache that radiated throughout his whole body, and despite the severity of it all, Nine couldn't help but smile still. 

Pushing himself up, slowly but surely getting to his feet, the Houndoom looked over to the legendary as it was engaged with Shaymin and Lok. Raising his hand up, the boy channeled the darkness through his body, firing a pulse towards the legend. As it was struck from behind by the attack, it slowly turned its body to look at Nine. As the deranged legend looked at Nine, the Houndoom barely able to keep himself steady at this point, he simply smiled right back at them. "Come on, Giratina, I'm...I'm not done. Yet." Each word seemed strained as he taunted the legend. "After all...I...I got too much riding on this...so, come on." Smile still on his tired face, Nine brought up his hand and gestured towards himself, still taunting the legend. "I'll take you down." 

Fading into shadows, Giratina impassively looked at Nine as it appeared right in front of him. Without even attacking, it just stood there. With a clear shot at his target, Nine clenched his fist as he raised his arm. Putting everything he had left into the attack, Nine struck Giratina dead on. With one resoundingly pitiful punch. Pure sadistic elation crossed Giratina's face as Nine seemed unable to put up any more of a fight. Grabbing him by the throat with one hand, the legend flung him into the air. As Nine's body floated upward, beginning to shift which way it was falling every foot he traveled, it was eventually stopped as Giratina fired its tendril like limbs out towards the Houndoom. Wrapping each tendril around him, the legend pulled him back to the platform he started on, slamming the chaser into the ground. 

distordisdisdisdisdisdisdisdisdisdistortion worworworworworl....

Giratina was trembling. Though it was more like their body was vibrating intensely. Jerking here and there. She realized Nine from her grip only to grab him again and throw him across her other side and into another platform.

They were playing with them now. Nine was nearly unconscious, Shaymin had been afflicted by paralysis from Giratina's breath attack, and Lok seemed to barely be avoiding major damage himself. Even as Giratina played with Nine's body she used her twisted aura to rip chunks of various platforms and fling them at the Rotom boy. He wouldn't be able to dodge them all and at least some would strike him with incredible force.

---

Gwen closed her eyes tight as Giratina grabbed both Nine and Lok and held them in front of her, several feet above her head, and roared.

She couldn't stand this. She knew this is what her plan was to begin with. Long ago, before starting her journey, she had been tasked with finding a way to conquer Giratina. To weaken them enough so her master would be able to use her power to increase his own. She had set out to find those who could help with this.

But over the course of her journey, while she found some, she also found something else. They had become her friends. Even with her memories of her time here back she couldn't shake the feeling in her heart.

Yet there was still so much wrong in the world. So many people hurting others. So much pain.

"So why add to it? Does that not mean you should do what you can to make the world brighter? Drowning it in darkness may stamp out the evils but it would also remove the good."

The voice was different. Not that of her master's. Yet still oddly familiar. It highlighted Gwen's problem with this entire thing. She hadn't only seen people do evil acts. She had seen good, as well. From the very people she was using at that.

"We're close, Gwendoline, do not give in now."

Her master's voice sounded upset. And panicked. It was true, she had come so far. And perhaps there wasn't any turning back.

But she knew she had to do something. She couldn't just stand here anymore. And as the thought went through her mind she knew exactly how to help. Something long lost stirred in her memory, in her soul, and she stepped through the barrier.

---

Giratina's mouth filled with draconic energy. She was holding Nine and Lok up. Her hands, more like claws now, somehow large enough to wrap around their entire bodies. Rearing her head back she was about to unleash her dragonbreath.

Then she paused. Her body seemed to flicker and distort. And a soft, pinkish, glow formed behind her. She tilted her head backwards to look at where it was coming from and let out a snarl.

Gwen was approaching. On one of the floating platforms. Her eyes were closed but she was facing Giratina directly. The glow seemed to surround her and pushed away the darkness of the void around her body.

"I'm sorry." She said as she got near and Giratina dropped Nine and Lok. Turning to face her fully.

"I have done something terrible to all of you. I've tricked you. All this time I was working with someone. Someone who claimed we had to reset the world. To bring it back to the point when it first started. I...still am not sure he isn't wrong. But I do know that using my friends as I have is not something I can continue doing. I'm not a strong woman but there is something even I can do. Even now I do it with borrowed power but...I hope that it will be enough to start to apologies." She opened her eyes, which glowed purple, and smiled. "I'm sure this all will be very onix-pected." she said.

And then she began to dance. A slow, graceful, series of movements. With every step the aura around her flared out.

Giratina snarled again and tore into the air in front of her before stepping inside. Still Gwen didn't stop dancing. She instead sped up, faster, faster, and they could see the faint outline of a moon hanging above her head.

And then Giratina appeared behind her. And thrust a claw through her body.

She let out a gasp and ceased movement. But it was too late. The energy that she had created exploded outward. As it did they could hear her voice. "Unfortunately I have to ask you to clean up my mess. Please, I leave the rest to you." And she fell over.

BGM

Something happened then. Each of the three would feel an energy enter them. They felt a soothing sensation but also one of determination. Their injuries began to heal and, more than that, they could feel their bodies strengthening more than they had before. They felt strong, faster, more alert.

The dance Gwen had done gave them a boost in power as well as bringing them back from the brink of death.

Giratina let out an even louder roar than before. Her eyes bulged as she screamed at the trio and, destroying the platform under her, leapt towards them again.

It was now or never. Either they stopped Giratina's rampage here or the legend would destroy them entirely.

Spoiler

Gwendoline used Lunar Dance EX

HP gain, 50%
Statuses, removed
All stats +1

Final stage, start.

Rise above, Plus Ultra!

Go wild, Team Karaoke.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine could barely feel anything as his arms hung limp at his side, with the only thing that he could see being the snarling visage of Giratina. Nine had no more energy to keep fighting and could only accept that this was his fate. After all, he had chased after legends all of his life, so it was only fitting to be done in by the hands of one. Nine knew this, and to be honest was almost at peace with it. Of course, he wasn't without his regrets. There were still places he wanted to go, still people he wanted to see, things he wanted to do. But, as a Chaser he knew he wasn't likely to see and do it all anyway. Still, there was one thing he wished he could've done before it all was over. 

As he thought this, the boy looked beyond the legend, seeing a familiar person step up. Though his vision was blurry and his ears weren't working quite as well, he could never not recognize this person from a glance. He could still see her clearly, still hear every word she spoke. As the legend dropped both him and Lok, Nine lied on the ground, motionless, looking towards Gwen. Though she had revealed her betrayal to the group, it wasn't as if he hadn't already figured she had been plotting something. He just hadn't cared. Though she seemed to want to apologize, Nine had already forgiven her before she came clean. Though still, she wished to try, and Nine's eyes went wide as he saw a sudden pink aura flare around the girl. As she began to dance he couldn't help but be captivated. Every movement she made was sharp and graceful. Her dance was elegant and beautiful, yet filled with a somber tone. As he knew something was off, Nine tried to move towards her, only to be met with fruitless effort. 

Slowly, with all the strength he could muster, he reached moved his hand further and further up. Extending it out towards the Mismagius, Nine pressed it back down against the ground, trying to claw his way towards her only for his hand to not have the strength to pull him. He didn't want to see what would happen next. He didn't want Gwen to complete her dance, nor did he want her to be here against this legend. She didn't have to do this. She didn't have to save them. She had to run. Yet still, despite all his mental protesting, she continued. And as her dance finished, Nine's eyes went wide with shock as he saw the legends claws pierce through her. Slowly but surely, the feeling in Nine's body had slowly returned, his senses going back to normal. But, all his strength had left him. His vision became blurry once again and his breathing sped up, the Houndoom starting to choke up. His outstretched hand quivered, still reaching towards the graceful ghost's now motionless body. Nine was at a loss of what to do and could barely think, barely make sense of what he had just seen. And then, in his confusion, her voice echoed through his head. 

Clarity beginning to come back to him, the man's hand steadied as did his breathing. Moving his arm back, wiping his eyes off against his sleeve, a soft smile formed on his formerly stunned face. "How unfair." A strained laugh left the man's mouth as he said, "but, well, I can't help myself from helping you anyway. So, you're forgiven Gwen." As he muttered this, the man slowly rose back up to his feet. Taking a deep breath once again, the man seemed to calm himself down. The smile left the man's face, now becoming more determined as the Chaser looked towards Giratina, clear fury behind his eyes. Cracking his knuckles, Nine gestured for Giratina to come towards him saying, "like I said before. Come on and fight you beast. I'm going to kill you." 

Looking at the Houndoom with crazed eyes, the creature snarled bringing back both of its claws as it charged them with ghostly energy. Leaping towards Nine, Giratina slashed its claws towards Nine, aiming to claw into the boy's gut. However, it looked on with shocked eyes as its arm was met with a darkness cloaked arm of Nine's. Though he winced from the pain, he still stood his ground firmly, raising an eyebrow at this. Then, quickly, the man stepped closer to the legend, bringing his other darkness cloaked fist to uppercut the legend.

Being knocked back by the attack, the legend roared as several spear like limbs of its fired out, grabbing at chunks of rock floating in the void. Bringing them down towards Nine, a look of realization crossed his face. Nimbly, Nine manged to start weaving on the platform he was on, dodging most of the rocks, only to meet the last one head on with a dark pulse. Wincing from the impact, Nine still stood firmly as he said, "I see. I guess I didn't realize it because I was so tired. But you..." He looked towards Giratina, who seemed furious, before vanishing. With a screech, the beast appeared behind Nine, three ghostly charged spear limbs ready to stab into him. However, the legend would be met with shock once again. Two of the attacks had grazed man, as the last limb he attacked with seemed to have been firmly caught by Nine. "You're getting slower, aren't you?" 

Charging a pulse of darkness through his hand, the attack landed straight into the tendril of Giratina, destroying it and leaving a spear-less tendril. Seeing this damage that wasn't repairing like last time, the legend let out a frenzied roar as its crazed eyes centered on Nine. Beginning to form its dark aura sphere in its mouth yet again, Nine shouted, "as if I'd let you!" Magenta flames forming on his arm, the Houndoom thrust his palm straight into the sphere, letting the flames and aura meet point blank. The two attacks exploded as they collided, Nine being pushed as he felt a pain shoot through his arm, but clearly getting the better end of the trade as Giratina's attack had exploded backwards into its mouth.

As the creature seemed to be choking from that, Nine didn't relent, simply charging back towards the beast. As a matter of reflex, Giratina swung its shadowed claw towards Nine, only for the boy to raise his arm and take the blunt part of the arm to his side. Despite being briefly winded, Nine kept his feet firm before hooking his raised arm around the arm at his side. Locking eyes with the legend, clear murderous intent in Nine's arm, the Houndoom's whole body radiated with darkness as he pulled Giratina closer towards him. Raising a foot up, Nine let go of the legend with his arm, kicking them in the gut and sending them hurtling off of the current platform to a different one. 

Shaymin had been fighting strong before. Giratina was strong, but he was also strong. That was just how it was. It was because of how strong he was--and his ability to form barriers--that he was chosen to be the one to watch over They Who Lurk in the Distortion World. Though he had to admit that his other self had a certain strength as well...just not the useful kind. Not the awesome kind, like his was. But for all his strength, it was like a puff of wind trying to match up to a gale. A gale that was Giratina.

And now, he couldn't even move! His speed, one of his strengths, was nothing now, his body stiffened from the paralyzing effect of the legendary's breath. Not to mention that blow to the head earlier was making it hard to focus.

He had to admit, that, here and now, he was probably done for. This was one of the things his other self had, that he didn't. Hope. For some reason, she never gave up. Even when things looked dark, she could still stand strong somehow. But he couldn't do that. He was the flower that only bloomed for short periods of time. Bursting with vitality before the petals wilted and fell to the ground. When his energy ran out, he was as good as gone.

But the gijinka beside him hadn't given up. Plasma Rider and Solarfire both continued to fight, against these hopeless odds. It really...got his Gogoat. I underestimated these two...I knew they were strong, but they're also strong of heart. And...they're making me look bad too!

And then somebody else came and made him look bad. Hat Lady. He had known she had been up to something--had sensed the presence of the one she said she was working with. But, somehow, I don't think it's quite that equal of a relationship. Unfortunately, before he could do anything, like confront the girl, he had shifted forms. And his other self had left it alone for some reason. She's timid, but not that timid. She had probably sensed something that he had missed--except now, watching her dance, he had a feeling he knew what it was.

As the girl staggered from the claw attack through her body, Shaymin's face distorted in righteous anger. "No!" he gritted out, struggling to rise. As a messenger of gratitude and goodness, he couldn't bear watching good people die in front of him. Because he could sense it. Her gratitude. She was grateful for the happy memories she had shared with the other two. Such pure gratitude...I can't let that fall for nothing. And, as if answering his call, energy flowed through his body, cleansing it of the paralysis and closing his wounds.

The legendary jumped up then, the wind creating a cushion beneath his feet. There was nothing he could do for Hat Lady right now save fight the good fight. "Ha! It's time for round two!" he shouted, running toward Giratina. Solarfire got there first, but Shaymin followed after, sending an Air Slash toward the legendary as she hurtled toward a different platform. Even in midair as she was, the legendary was able to mitigate some of the damage with a Dragonbreath, but this time the flying type was ready for it, swerving to the side. "I'm not gonna get paralyzed again!" The gratitude gijinka released an Energy Ball then, and then, quickly swooping right, released another one, and then another one from a different angle.

Giratina, who had landed on the platform by now, was able to avoid the first Energy Ball, but she wasn't able to avoid the subsequent ones. With a pained roar, she jumped into the air herself, diving toward her fellow legendary with shadowy claws extended. Shaymin winced as the attack scored a bloody trail down his side, but the wounds were already starting to close with the power of the earlier Leech Seed. "Ha! It was worth it letting you get this close," he grinned, ignoring the blood as he took his hands from behind his back. They were glowing green and pale white. Giratina's eyes widened, but it was too late. With her reduced speed, she wasn't able to dodge or jump to another dimension in time as the Seed Flare hit her at point-blank.

Shaymin fell back, panting with exertion. "Those always take so much out of me..." He always tried to avoid them, since it meant accelerating the clock toward his transformation back, but it would be worth it here if they could take Giratina out. And it looked like that was actually possible now. The Seed Flare had definitely done a number on Giratina. The gijinka looked positively feral now, her ragged form reflecting her tattered sanity. Perhaps, if he attacked again, then...

Except then his body started to glow a bright white. "I knew it..." he muttered as the glow enveloped him, his form changing to that of the young woman from before. "O-oh no," she murmured. She was really no good at fighting, and to transform back during this key moment? That was the worst sort of timing.

She glanced at the others. I can only rely on them now.

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

?͜҉̀?? Team Karaoke

Lok's eyes widened as Giratina started hurling chunks of the ground at him, as he tried his best to dodge them. He dove and weaved between the rubble, clutching his arm, but he couldn't dodge forever. Some of the chunks of earth were hitting him, slowing him down as more and more hit him. Eventually, one of the stones struck him dead center, sending him flying back. He knew he had been beaten up and worn down by the fight, but he didn't realize the extent of it until he found himself flat on the ground, unable to pick himself up. His vision went black as a shadowy figure loomed over him, his ears ringing as he felt all of his senses drift away. He had failed everyone, were his last thoughts, as he felt his consciousness follow his senses into the void.

And, all of the sudden, he felt his body jolt back to life, as if his soul had been dragged back into his body. He let out a gasp of air as he felt warmth return to his limbs, staring at his hands for a second. He took a second to take in his surroundings, his eyes locking onto Gwen's limp body on the ground. It didn't take long for him to figure out what had happened. Tears rolled down his eyes as he clenched his fists, standing up. Purple lightning crackled from his palms and eyes, rage and determination filling his veins. He turned towards Giratina. For better or for worse, Gwen had passed down the torch to him - no, to all of them - to finish the mission entrusted to her. "This ends now!" He shouted, thrusting his hands back as he propelled himself forwards with Thunderbolt, leaving a trail of purple lightning in his wake.

As he flew through the air, his hand began to glow a nasty purple color. "Giratina!" Lok shouted, the legend turning to face him. The Hex in his hand flared up as he delivered a haymaker right onto Giratina's head, the flames in his palm exploding out as Lok landed behind the legend. Giratina let out a feral screech as the attack landed - this time, not in shock, but in genuine pain - as Lok growled. With a quick twist of their body, Giratina swung their arm towards him, swiping at the ghost. Lok stepped back, although he wasn't able to fully dodge the attack as the claw grazed his chest. Lok, however, didn't seem to notice, as he shot out a purple Thunderbolt at Giratina, striking Giratina right in the chest. "You die today - for her!"

Giratina let out a roar after every attack that landed. She thrashed about, tossing around entire platforms, in her rage. The world around them all started to flicker. Every few seconds everything went entirely dark. And each time vision was brought back the world seemed more and more twisted. The platforms that remained seemed to be stretched and blurred.

Then in an instant they were back in the cave again. The strange world from before was nowhere to be seen. Both Gwen and Kayla lay on the floor as though the strange space hadn't even existed.

Giratina was hunched over. Growling. Snarling. She looked up at them with blood red eyes and black drool seeping from between her lips. "Die, die, die die die!" She said as she took a shambling step forward. Then another.

The Legend stood upright and threw her head back. Letting loose a savage shriek that echoed painfully around the room. And then their body began to crumble. Fading into dust even as they screamed and raged.

And then they were no more. The cavern grew silent.

Until a cracking noise could be heard and the ceiling began to collapse.

The group would be forced to flee, picking up the bodies of their fallen companions on the way, and would just barely make it into the tunnel before the cavern collapsed in on itself. Then the tunnel itself began to shake and they would have to make their way out before that too caved in.

The outside air felt pure. Despite that the land around them was still desolate. In comparison to the air of the cavern it was incredibly fresh. However they wouldn't have much time to enjoy it before they would feel a presence. An angry presence.

A dark man stood before them. Glaring, clenching and unclenching his fists, visible shaking with rage. "We were so close! How could you ruin everything like that?" He was saying this to Gwen's injured body despite that she clearly was in no condition to respond. "A few more moments and I would have gained the power to wipe all those blasphemous fools who seek our destruction out. And for what? The lives of these three? Was it worth defying your master, ruining our chance to treat the disease on this world, well?!"

While Nine wouldn't recognize him Shaymin and Lok would know who it was. And even for Nine it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

The presence was none other than Darkrai.

Important

Spoiler

To be perfectly clear that WAS the last battle. I don't want to worry you and make you think this is gonna be a fight. I don't want to linger too much at this point, sorry if it feels abrupt to you.

I will be up front that you will have one round to interact with Darkrai before I move us ahead. And we'll probably only have one more round after this until the switch to the endgame happens.

So if you want to interact you'll need to talk to me to get lines. (or sethera or each other if you want to talk with each other in this moment/before this moment)

And level up for Lok and Nine

Lok has gained 3 levels, Nine 1

EOlaaCE.png?1

As the trio kept unleashing attacks against the legend, Nine saw the world around them start to crumble away and flicker. Soon enough, they were back in the real world and though Giratina still wished to destroy them, it seemed that now its body could no longer keep up with itself. Still on guard as the legend made its way towards them, Nine winced as it let out its shriek. As the legend began to crumble and fall apart, Nine was still on guard for a moment even after it faded from where they were. As the legend was no more Nine looked into the empty cave, letting out a deep breath as his body relaxed. However, before he could even think that the was done with, the cavern started to rumble, and it was clear that the cavern ceiling wasn't going to last. Looking to see the two motionless bodies on the ground, Nine urgently looked back to his companions. "Lok! Shaymin! Grab Kayla!" 

Hurrying to grab Gwen, Nine began to hurriedly rush out of the chamber, only to realize the entire cavern as a whole was collapsing. As he continued to rush out, the Chaser and his companions finally made their way out, Nine having to shut his eyes from the sudden flood of light. Letting out a gasp as the fresh air flooded into him, Nine looked around, never having thought flat gray land could be so refreshing to look at. However, this moment of peace was interrupted as suddenly another hostile presence was around them. Nine looked to see a shadowy figure looking rather furious with them. It was clear from just seeing them that they had the same kind of presence as the other legends. And though Nine had never met the person, he didn't need to be told to figure out just who this was. 

As the man seemed to be furious with them, as his ire turned towards Gwen the Houndoom had gone from just tensing up to scowling at the legend. Clearly irate with his own tone, Nine asked the man, "and who do you think you are?"

"I could say the same to you, who are you to speak to me like that? The fact you don't know is telling of the state of people these days." The man placed a hand on his chest and looked down at Nine. "Keep this name in your memory. And bow your head when you speak to me, Darkrai."

"I already knew that part." Nine hardly budged as he glared at the legend. "I meant who do you think you are, to talk down to her like? To act like you're owed the world?"

"I'm trying to SAVE the world. From greedy, ungrateful, mortals like you and those self-proclaimed Godslayers who have forgotten where it came from!"

Nine grimaced further as the man spoke, both likely from a combination of finding offense with what the man said as well simply not being able to believe him. "Save it? With what? Giratina's power? Do you really think you could save anything with that?!"

"Giratina may be a twisted Legend but they're a Legend nonetheless. There is nothing inherently evil about it. Just as there won't be anything evil about the next..." He stopped himself and swiped an arm across. "That doesn't matter! Without her power more will die. All for you. For people who don't even want them."

Nine's eyes widened as the man had cut himself off. He had an idea of what he was going to finish his sentence with, and it had been something that he had heard weeks ago. One side or the other. They were the source of the world's problems, and without them everything would be fixed. But, Nine thought back to all the legends he had met. And all of the people he had seen. Grinding his teeth, he knew that just as he had told Jabari he was wrong, that Darkrai was also wrong. "I can't imagine a world being saved by someone who doesn't understand it. Do you think Gwen really would have sacrificed herself for something she didn't believe in? She always wanted to do what was best for the world, she always wanted to save it and bring peace more than anyone. From all the people, legends and godslayers alike, she still believed that this world was worth saving. That destroying everything and starting anew wasn't the answer." 

Darkrai gave a grim chuckle. "She set out because she believed in my goal. She brought you here because she believed in my goal. A last minute change of heart just is more proof how twisted you all have become. We tried to stay out of the world and see what it got us? What is the problem with a parent stepping in to correct their child when they fall down the wrong path." He shook his head. "It doesn't matter now. They will win and this world will end. I hope you enjoy this 'victory' of yours."

Nine simply glared at the legend. "You're wrong. We will win in the end. All of us." He gestured his head to Lok and Shaymin. "No matter the godslayer or legend, we will defeat them and we will save this world. I will show you, that the world she wanted was not wrong." Nine spoke those last words, almost as if a challenge to Darkrai. 

Edited by Skaia

Shaymin let out a sigh, relieved that Giratina had finally fallen. She didn't have time to think about that too much, though, as soon the ceiling started to cave in. While Nine picked up Gwen, Shaymin went for Kayla. She wasn't that strong, but Kayla wasn't that heavy either, so it was doable. It would be a lot easier if Lok pitched in, but regardless, the woman managed to make it out before the entrance collapsed.

Outside, the legendary breathed in the fresh air. It finally hit her--her task was done. Now...she could...do what? She had been guarding Giratina for so long, what was she supposed to do now that it was all over? Feeling slightly lost, the legendary stared at the rocks in front of the entrance, closing her eyes and bowing her head in prayer. "This was a necessary evil," she murmured, "but the loss of any one of the guardians of Adarid is always a tragedy."

As if summoned by her words, an angry presence made itself known. Opening her eyes, Shaymin stared at the being reproachfully. She was afraid, of course, but nothing was quite so terrifying as Giratina. Darkrai came close, though.

As Nine debated with the other legendary, Shaymin kept quiet, face troubled. She couldn't bring herself to understand the dark type's motives--after all, she had been charged with protecting the stability of the world by guarding Giratina, while Darkrai sought to undo all her hard work. Had Gwen gone along with her "master," then he and the others might have succeeded in sacrificing them all, including a fellow legendary like her, in his bid for more power. Yet, Gwen had came through for them, as she knew she would in the end. After all, Darkrai was not the only influence on her heart. She glanced at Nine and Lok both, her expression relaxing.

One thing was a little confusing though. "Um...who are these 'Godslayers' they keep bringing up?" She was mostly directing the question at Lok, since the other two looked a little occupied, but she would appreciate an answer regardless of who supplied it.

Team Karaoke, Under the Moon

Darkraii sent a look of annoyance Shaymin's way and shook his head derisively. But he let the other one answer. He was too focused on the annoying little child who thought to scold him. "You are a fool. You cannot speak for her. She served me willingly for years, I didn't force anything on her. And yet you say that you changed her mind so quickly? No, she was desperate, she wanted to protect you even knowing it would doom everyone." He let out a sigh. "This is why people need us to guide them."

His face went from sorrow to anger again in a moment and he took a step towards Nine.

"You are wrong, brother. Oh so very wrong."

As the gentle voice spoke they would see a beam of moonlight shine down towards the ground. And out from it stepped a shining woman.

Darkrai recoiled as she approached and glared at her. "You! You did this. You...twisted her, somehow. Damn you Cresselia, you're always undermining me every chance you get."

"No, brother." The woman said with a smile as gentle as her voice. "I gave her a choice, just as you did. It was her experiences that led her to the path she took. She weighed the good and the bad and found that she couldn't live with your decision."

"It's not my decision! It's the only way! We can't fight them, not how we are, you felt it didn't you?"

Cresselia stepped closer and he took an equal step away. "No, not anymore. You have been so wrapped up in your mission you've not noticed. We are gathering together at last. Not just us." She looked towards the group and smiled fondly at them. "Others like them are fighting as we speak. You don't have to do this on your own anymore. The time has come for us to take back our world. Not with tactics such as this, which splits us apart, but by joining together."

She looked to Shaymin. "I know you have been here a long, long, time, but are you ready to protect our world once again?"

Once she answered she turned to Darkrai. "And you?"

The man didn't answer at first, staring at the ground, before waving a dismissive hand. "It's not like I have a choice."

Then, finally, she swept her gaze between Nine and Lok. "You have done great things. We," She gave Darkrai a stern look which he responded to by keeping a blank expression, "thank you for that. I hope you are able to do one more task. I will bring you back to the town. Soon you will be called soon and it is up to you to answer."

She floated over towards Gwen and looked down at her sadly. Placing a hand on her chest she spoke. "She can be still saved. Though I fear she won't be able to fight alongside you again. I'm sure we all, even my brother, can agree she deserves a rest."

After everyone had their say they were wrapped in a soft glow and the area around them vanished. Before they left they heard Darkrai's voice "I'm not done with you three. If the world doesn't end then I'll find you and we'll settle this." Followed by Cresselia's tinkling laughter.

Spoiler

OKAY. Last post before we go into the endgame, folks. One more from each of you please. Be sure to get whatever you need from me if you want to talk to the legends before leaving or if you want to do stuff in the town.

Also, Rep, for Lok I decided that if you want, and you post this week, he'll be able to take on a Rotom Form of your choice.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine continued to glare at the legend, not backing down from them as they made their way towards him. Ready to rebuttal to the man once again, Nine was stopped as well as was any altercation the two might have had as a stream of moonlight hit between them. The two of them looked to see the being that had come from the moonlight, Nine being able to tell that they too were a legend by the presence they had. Something similar to Shaymin, but also something far more confident in nature. Something fundamentally similar to Darkrai, while also being wholly different from them. Nine calmed as the legend Cresselia speak, in slight awe both by her appearance and her ability to make Darkrai shrink away. 

Nine was a bit taken aback, though, by how welcoming she seemed of them as well as how calm she was. Only to add onto it, what she said was something that surprised the Houndoom as well. It had made sense that they weren't the only people who had come into contact with the godslayers, after all Nine had met three and knew that there was at least one more out there in the world. How many, he didn't know, but that there were any more wasn't a surprise. But beyond that, he was glad to hear that there were others that weren't legends that were standing up to them. That, perhaps, the ideals that he and the rest of the team held were not solely their own, and there were other like minded individuals around the world. That the legends were all gathering together too was a bit of a surprise, though thinking back Nine had seemed to finally have some clarity as to what Regigigas was likely doing when they had met them. 

Nine continued to be silently stunned as Cresselia went to thank them and informed them of one more task that they had to see to. Before the boy could say anything more on the matter, though, she had hit him with perhaps the most important revelation. Going wide-eyed, without even consciously realizing it a smile formed over Nine's face as tears began to shed down his face. Stammering out an, "o-of course! She's helped more than enough, for all of us. I wouldn't want to force her back out there after... Really? She can really be saved?" Closing his eyes and biting down on his lips as he continued to process this, Nine simply said, "thank you." 

Taking a deep breath, Nine tried to steady himself as he looked backed to Cresselia more confidently. "Anything you need from me, I'll do. No matter the task, no matter the battle and no matter the foe. I'm ready any time." Looking over to Darkrai as they began to make their exit, the annoyed expression returning on his face - still none too fond of the dark legend - Nine said, "don't worry. We'll beat the godslayers and I'll show you just how wrong your world was. Count on it." 

Under the Moon Team Karaoke

Lok was still trying to process everything that had just happened as everything around him started to crumble. He was shocked to see Darkrai appear out of nowhere like this, and shocked to see Giratina defeated. He snapped back to reality as he heard Nine call out to him and Shaymin, nodding his head. He trailed behind the ground, nearly getting crushed by falling rubble, but eventually he made it out.

Lok's first reaction was to run up to Gwen, tears rolling down his eyes as the girl that had save him on multiple occasions was now dead. He had failed to protect her, even if they had managed to defeat Giratina. He turned towards Darkrai and Nine talking to each other, but he did not care. He turned back to Gwen's lifeless body. "I'm sorry..." He muttered under his breath.

He turned his head back again towards the others when Cresselia showed up. He didn't pay much attention once again, until he heard Cresselia's words towards them. Lok's head snapped towards the legend, gasping as she let them know that Gwen could still make it. "Thank... you... Thank You!" He said, clutching Gwen's arm.

He turned to Shaymin, who had asked him who the Godslayers are. Lok froze for a second, memories of Fiona returning to him. "W-Well... where do I begin..." He said nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "You see there are some, uh, Gijinka that are trying to... kill the Legendaries. We met a couple of them and barely managed to scrape by..." He paused momentarily, before continuing. "They're really strong too. They're able to fight the legends one on one! It's all a bit scary, honestly... We had a... nevermind." He stopped himself from mentioning Fiona. He'd much rather forget everything about her, if he was honest.

Edited by REP

Shaymin nodded in understanding at Lok's reply. "Gijinka who are trying to kill the l-legendaries. That explains why they are called Godslayers." She looked a little nervous. "A-and they're strong? That's...not good. But I'm glad to hear there are others trying to stop them."

Cresselia looked to Shaymin then. "I know you have been here a long, long, time, but are you ready to protect our world once again?"

The grass type hesitated for a couple seconds, still shaking in fear from what had been said previously. Eventually, however, she nodded. "Y-yes, of c-course," she smiled tremulously. "I-I am no fighter, b-but I am also no stranger to upholding my task as a legendary, whatever that includes."

As the others discussed Gwen, Shaymin turned toward the Mismagius with a sad look in her eyes. "I-I wasn't sure what to think of her at first...but I am glad that she made the right decision in the end." She addressed the other directly then, "Thank you Gwen. Kayla. Cresselia," she nodded at the legendary, then turned to the darker legend. She started to shake again, but took a deep breath and spoke anyway. "And you, Darkrai. I might not approve of your actions, but you did watch over that gijinka in the end."

The grass type turned from Gwen to look at Nine and Lok. "Thank you, you two. Without you, I would still be in my shell, and Giratina would be an ever-present danger." She smiled then, the last of the nervousness fading away from her expression, replaced with only serenity. "I, and my other self, feel nothing but gratitude toward you. Solarfire, Plasma Rider," her smile turned a little mischievous, "please be careful on your way." She clasped her hands together and closed her eyes. "May we meet again when the sky and earth wills it." The group would feel a pleasant breeze on the wind then, carrying with it the scent of fresh flowers.

Soon afterward, Nine, Lok, Gwen, and Kayla were wrapped in a soft glow, the area around them vanishing. Shaymin wasn't there, nor were either of the other two legendaries, but for a second, they could still hear their voices.

"Before, I disapproved of Chasers. But now...after meeting you...I have changed my mind. Farewell, and thank you...Chasers of Adarid."

And then, the voices faded into silence, their surroundings replaced with those of the village of Alpha. They had returned.

Mewtwo leaned back in his office chair and let out a deep sigh.

His chair? Since when did he think of it like that? When the former mayor of Mioter was arrested he had taken his place temporarily. Little did he know that temporary would be more than a week. Nor did he realize everything he'd have to deal with to keep this place afloat, literally. The floating city was a wonder, to be sure, but was it really worth all this effort?

The Legend hadn't even realized Mew had come in until she was crouching in front of him on his desk. He smiled at her. Mew was one of his sources of relief in this chaotic life he now led. Though it didn't take him long to realize something was wrong. Mew's expression was one of concern and fear. Moments later Mewtwo felt it as well.

He stood up at once and jumped over the desk. Hurrying outside he sent out a signal. "Every Psychic in the city, gather at the mayor's hall, right away."

And then Mioter began to shake.

Across Adarid dozens of Gijinka who had, in some way, had their lives touched by the Legends and Godslayers, regardless of where they were or what they were doing, would hear a pair of voices in their heads. While perhaps at first concerning there was something soothing yet firm about the voices that brokered attention.

"We are Dialga and Palkia, Lords of Time and Space, and we have an urgent message. Mioter has fallen. Minutes ago those you know as Godslayers waged an all out attack on the city from the island below. The leaders of the city was forced to use their great Psychic power to teleport it away and have since crash landed in the water. As we send this message our fellow Legendaries are racing to the island to do battle with the Godslayers. This is a call to arms to all those who can fight. We cannot send you there directly but we can bring you to one who can. Answer our call and you will be moved across the land to a vessel that can reach the island. There is no shame in refusing. Just know this is to be the final fight for Adarid's future. If you are ready, brace yourselves."

All those who agreed would see the world around them turn dark. And feel as though they were being slid across the floor at a rapid pace. Within seconds they were standing aboard a ship. A ship which, were one to look over the edge, was flying in the air.

At the helm of the ship, on a raised platform, stood three figures. In the middle was a Pidgeot man who seemed one part amused and one part annoyed. Flanking him on either side was an elderly Medicham and a young Drapion girl.

The Pidgeot stepped forward and ran a hand through his hair. "So, that sure was a thing. I'm sure you all heard that lovely little message so I'll get to the point. Welcome aboard the S.S. Showdown, this is your Captain speaking. Seems we've got a bit of a job to do and not much time to prepare. This ship is heading full speed to Mioter, or rather where Mioter was, right now. Where we're to have a confrontation with those bastards that have been screwing things up left and right. I don't know about you but I'm kinda pissed to have this shoved on me so I plan on venting it on those Godslayers. It'll take a bit yet to reach there so rest up while you can I doubt we'll have much time once we reach our destination. Before that, though, I have a couple people here who'd like to speak."

He nodded towards the old man who stepped forward and bowed his head to everyone. "I am honored to be standing before so many brave souls. My name is Azriel. Some of you know me as the former sheriff of Juyu. But I am also the Disciple of Arceus... I have watched this land for many years. Unable to intervene due to the terms of my status. However the Godslayers attack isn't just a random occurrence. Moments before it happened I sensed the return of Arceus for just a brief moment. This is their attempt to distract from the fact they now have the creator god within their reach. We must stop them quickly else all life will cease to exist. I know it is much to ask but I hope you to all lend me your strength as we fight this grave threat."

He bowed again and stepped back. The young girl, nervous and trembling, took a couple steps forward. "I'm Fiona." Her eyes swept over the crowd and paused near a couple of them, and she stopped talking for a moment before being nudged by Captain. "Ah, er. I am...I used to be...I used to work with the Godslayers. B-but I left and was found by this ship's crew. I...have information that will help. The Godslayers' base is located deep underground. The only entrance is a device that is near the center of the island. It will bring people down into the base. But it's not so simple. Once inside the only way to travel from room to room are teleportation pads. It...it takes time for these to be set to travel between rooms so it's likely that before they attacked they set it up to make it difficult for people to attack. But it's the only way to reach the heart of the base where the leader will be."

Captain laid a hand on her shoulder and gave her a nod, then spoke up again. "So there you have it. A lot to take in I'm sure but if you're here it means you're willing to fight and that's really all that matters. I'd love to say we have an in depth plan but there wasn't much time for that and we aren't sure what we're up against besides that it has enough power to shoot a city out of the sky. So here's the plan for what it's worth. We land and we fight. We fight our way to the center of the island. We have no idea how much time we have so don't wait for long once you find this device. Even if it's only a dozen strong once you get there you'll have to head down. Everyone who doesn't get there will fight alongside the Legends and wait for a chance to follow behind." He took a long pause as he looked across the crowd. "Well, that's that. Get what rest you can. And in case I don't get a chance to say it later....good luck. This may be the end but this fight is only just beginning."

Important OOC

Spoiler

And we are back. The beginning of the end. Important to note this part will only last a round or, more likely, two before we move on. You must at least establish yourself as here (also Team NND is probably already on the ship). However this is also your last chance to freely interact. Not just with the PCs. Cause every non-Legend NPC you've met that are not on the Godslayer's side and capable of fighting will probably be on the ship as well. So if there's anyone you wanted to have a talk with among the other PCs or NPCs this is the time. For characters controlled by me make sure to collab so you can be sure you get all you want out of it. (Also saiku yes, if you want the excadril to be here go for it, though you have your brother meeting too I know). If it's too much all at once it's fine to break it up into two posts all together.

Next week I'll most likely put up Mac and Dora's post and let people continue on with one more round. If you need to know their reaction/what they're doing for your post feel free to ask that as well. Also as a note, Isole will be joining back up with her crew, and Gwen is incapable of fighting atm so she's not here.

Welcome back everyone, it's time to finish this thing.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

The last few days before the group arrived at Adarid City were quite a bit of a change of pace for Randy. After the complete trashing he got after he walked into that Lucario bout and almost got himself killed, the Incineroar seemed to be contemplating quite a bit.

He found himself actually taking time to do what Charlie had mentioned he started working on doing from day one: actually meditating. It was something that definitely helped his overall issues, especially after almost dying like that. After everything that’s happened, he had to get a grip on things at this point...even that Lucario scared him and that was saying something.

Between the meditating and the constant daily training he worked on doing, the Incineroar even managed to learn Close Combat. Randy trained and worked, doing his absolute best to master the move and at this point, he had it down.

Randy Roarton wants to learn Close Combat!
However...Randy already has 6 moves! Get rid of a move for Close Combat?
>Yes< | No
1...2...3...POOF! Randy forgot Brick Break ...and! Randy learned Close Combat!

If I get another shot against that Lucario...maybe this’ll help turn the tides. Randy thought, quite pleased at learning this move.

Eventually, Randy and the rest of the team made it to Adarid City...finally...until…

"We are Dialga and Palkia, Lords of Time and Space, and we have an urgent message. Mioter has fallen. Minutes ago those you know as Godslayers waged an all out attack on the city from the island below. The leaders of the city was forced to use their great Psychic power to teleport it away and have since crash landed in the water. As we send this message our fellow Legendaries are racing to the island to do battle with the Godslayers. This is a call to arms to all those who can fight. We cannot send you there directly but we can bring you to one who can. Answer our call and you will be moved across the land to a vessel that can reach the island. There is no shame in refusing. Just know this is to be the final fight for Adarid's future. If you are ready, brace yourselves."

This was heard within Randy's head, most likely the same thing that was said to the other's in the group too. Though he never once saw Dialga or Palkia, they were Legends nevertheless. And as a result, some pretty important Gijinka. He looked at Marie, Keanu and Nani, only shaking his head slightly. The Incineroar figured that they'd know what he'd say at this point. Hell! After the Lucario fight, it seemed like everyone's answers and willingness to fight had changed...so of course, Randy responded to this message the only way he knew how...

...I'm in!

Suddenly, he found himself in darkness and being in a feeling that he was sliding across the ground at a quick pace. As fast as he could blink, Randy found himself on a ship...a flying ship. Now he'd seen everything! He wasn't alone, though, as it looked like plenty of other Gijinka were here and around, most likely also hearing the warning given from the Time and Space Legendaries. And at the front of it all, a trio of a Drapion, Pidgeot and Medicham who seemed to be helming the ship.

However, while those three had basically explained the gist of everything, Randy noticed three familiar faces roaming around the ship as well: the native Mowlooian Noctowl, Eve, Allie's father, and of course, the Flygon from Trailsau, Trevor. A small smile appeared on his face, seeing these familiar faces appearing here. After everything was said and done, Randy made his way from his little group towards them...starting with the Tyranitar.

"Hey!" Randy moved up towards the Tyranitar, giving a two finger salute at the Gijinka, smirking. "Didn't expect to see you around here. Seem to be looking good."

He grunted. "I don't really understand what's happening but I couldn't just stay behind."

"Well, if anything you'll definitely be putting in a lot of work, if you handing me my tail is proof of anything." Randy chuckled, extending a hand out. "By the way...we did complete that request you asked. Your girls are alright."

He let out a sigh. "Well, thanks for that. Means I don't have to worry while I'm out there. Though I would've felt better if I didn't see that boy here." he grumbled and off in the distance Trevor sneezed.

"Yeah, I dunno why they brought him into this too..." the Incineroar shrugged, glancing over at the familiar Flygon. "Speaking of, I should probably check on him too. I'll get back to talkin' with you a bit later, sir." With that, Randy nodded at the Tyranitar, making his way towards Trevor, while the Tyranitar shrugged and turned away, moving along himself. Randy approached Trevor, waving slightly. "Hey Trevor...you got dragged into this too, huh?"

The young man jumped as Randy approached. "Ah, er...guess so. It's important, right?"

"Given the summons like this, definitely." he nodded, before clearing his throat slightly, moving a bit closer to Trevor. "Also, are the girls safe? And I do mean...all the girls."

Trevor seemed to be uncomfortable with the question, clearly understanding. "Yes...I assume. She, uh, left, pretty quickly."

Randy's face met his open palm, shaking his head slightly with a deep groan. "...shit...that's a big problem. Cause if she's gone...and if what they mentioned about the 'Godslayers' is true...then...damn that's gonna be a whole ordeal."

He looked away and mumbled "can deal with that..."

"Hopefully. Then again, if it calls for it, the three of us can definitely knock some sense into her." Randy nodded, determination in his eyes as he flashed a thumbs up.

He winced. "Yeah...suppose that would be for the best now." under his breath he added "really didn't think this through, didn't want to have to fight again."

Randy smiled, putting his hand on Trevor's head, ruffling the hair on it. "Hey, just relax. Everything is going to be alright, ya hear?" he said, before glancing and noticing a familiar Noctowl, Eve. "Alright, got another person to say hi to." With that, Randy moved off towards the Noctowl. As he approaches he'd notice that she's looking around, eyes wide, at everything in sight. "Hey there...everything okay?" Randy asked.

"What is...this thing?"

The Incineroar immediately understood what was going on, as he chuckled lightly. "Ahhh, first time on a boat. Well, it's a vessel that sails along the water."

"It is much bigger than any raft I've seen." She said. Then she moved towards the edge. "And not on water."

"Yeah, that's a first for me too...don't see many flying ships to be honest." Randy shrugged. "Don't worry. If anything, Marie can definitely help ya out with keeping calm."

"The small one is here too? Here?" She seemed quite surprised by this.

"Yeah, the whole crew is here." Randy nodded, chuckling.

She looked out towards the water again and, softly continued. "It's very dangerous, for someone so small."

This made Randy chuckle a bit more. "Yeah, but you forget...Marie, out of the group, is pretty tough." he said, before thinking. ...and that's saying something, especially with me being concerned.

"Maybe. Will have to work hard. So she doesn't need to."

"She'll do it anyway though, she's...pretty fiery for a water type." Randy chuckled. "Wouldn't tell her no...but either way...I would say keep an eye on her though. I...I honestly don't want her hurt in this...not after what happened a few days ago." Randy's face became solemn as he cleared his throat, preparing to walk off. "It's great to see you again though..."

"I am glad my eyes have seen you are full of health." She responded, after some thought.

The Incineroar's mind went back to the way Marie looked after the fight with that Lucario and how she basically was the one who initiated the fight. And how she practically was the reason he went off into a rage like that. Although he didn't want to admit it, Randy felt like this was a major weakness. It was the kids that the Incineroars loved to hear and see cheering for them, so if they ended up in the crossfire...something like that would definitely be enough to put any of them over the edge...and he was no exception. He let out a heavy sigh, praying to both Solgaleo and the Guardians of Alola that nothing like that would happen again.

...things aren't going to be like last time. We've gotten stronger...and out of all this, I've gotten a bit smarter too. I'm not going to let that happen to Marie or any of them again. Not while there's breath in my lungs and a fire burning within me!

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Skuldafn

After many hours of continuous binge eating, Taiga was almost full.  Conversing with the dragons after passing their trial was alright, but it would be time to head back to base soon.  With their gifts from the Legends, the fight against the godslayers would be all but a wash.  

"I feel like I could take on the whole world!"  Taiga roared, as she raised a mug into the air, splashing some ale on her face by accident.  "Gah!  It's in my eye!"  After some flailing, a familiar voice spoke in unison, aimed at her mind.  

"We are Dialga and Palkia, Lords of Time and Space,"

"Yeah, yeah I remember!  Get on with it then!"  Taiga rattled her fist to the sky.

"And we have an urgent message. Mioter has fallen. Minutes ago those you know as Godslayers waged an all out attack on the city from the island below. The leaders of the city was forced to use their great Psychic power to teleport it away and have since crash landed in the water. As we send this message our fellow Legendaries are racing to the island to do battle with the Godslayers. This is a call to arms to all those who can fight. We cannot send you there directly but we can bring you to one who can. Answer our call and you will be moved across the land to a vessel that can reach the island. There is no shame in refusing. Just know this is to be the final fight for Adarid's future. If you are ready, brace yourselves."

Taiga rubbed the nape of her neck.  Just moments ago she was raring to dig her fangs into some Godslayer, but the moment was literally at hand.  She closed her eyes, and took a chunk out of some meat.  Chewing it in a hurry, she slammed her mug onto the table and shot up like a weed.  

"BRING IT, YA BOZOS!"  She looked to Scarlet and Isole respectively.  "I better see you two when I get there!"  And in that instant, Taiga was whisked away with nothing but darkness surrounding her.  She slid across the ground at a breakneck pace, only to be led into a dazzling light.  Upon reaching the other side, she could feel wood beneath her bare feet.  She stomped on it, the deck feeling all too familiar.  "No way."  She shot her head around to be met with a face she wished she wouldn't see again.  That damn Pidgeot.

Team Showdown - S.S. Showdown

"So, that sure was a thing. I'm sure you all heard that lovely little message so I'll get to the point. Welcome aboard the S.S. Showdown, this is your Captain speaking. Seems we've got a bit of a job to do and not much time to prepare. This ship is heading full speed to Mioter, or rather where Mioter was, right now. Where we're to have a confrontation with those bastards that have been screwing things up left and right. I don't know about you but I'm kinda pissed to have this shoved on me so I plan on venting it on those Godslayers. It'll take a bit yet to reach there so rest up while you can I doubt we'll have much time once we reach our destination. Before that, though, I have a couple people here who'd like to speak."

"Uh...what...?"  Taiga asked in disbelief, now noticing that the ship was in the air.  "What the hell is a Mioter?"  

"I am honored to be standing before so many brave souls. My name is Azriel. Some of you know me as the former sheriff of Juyu. But I am also the Disciple of Arceus... I have watched this land for many years. Unable to intervene due to the terms of my status. However the Godslayers attack isn't just a random occurrence. Moments before it happened I sensed the return of Arceus for just a brief moment. This is their attempt to distract from the fact they now have the creator god within their reach. We must stop them quickly else all life will cease to exist. I know it is much to ask but I hope you to all lend me your strength as we fight this grave threat."

"Huh?!"

"I'm Fiona.  Ah, er. I am...I used to be...I used to work with the Godslayers. B-but I left and was found by this ship's crew. I...have information that will help. The Godslayers' base is located deep underground. The only entrance is a device that is near the center of the island. It will bring people down into the base. But it's not so simple. Once inside the only way to travel from room to room are teleportation pads. It...it takes time for these to be set to travel between rooms so it's likely that before they attacked they set it up to make it difficult for people to attack. But it's the only way to reach the heart of the base where the leader will be."

"WHAT!?  WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!?"

"So there you have it. A lot to take in I'm sure but if you're here it means you're willing to fight and that's really all that matters. I'd love to say we have an in depth plan but there wasn't much time for that and we aren't sure what we're up against besides that it has enough power to shoot a city out of the sky. So here's the plan for what it's worth. We land and we fight. We fight our way to the center of the island. We have no idea how much time we have so don't wait for long once you find this device. Even if it's only a dozen strong once you get there you'll have to head down. Everyone who doesn't get there will fight alongside the Legends and wait for a chance to follow behind." He took a long pause as he looked across the crowd. "Well, that's that. Get what rest you can. And in case I don't get a chance to say it later....good luck. This may be the end but this fight is only just beginning."

Taiga almost threw up, but whether it was from this sudden revelation or being so high up in the air was up for debate.  Her head swirled, as she aimed her attention at Captain.

"You mean...to tell me...*Ulp*," she swallowed down whatever tried to force its way up, "You were workin' with the Legends this whole time?!"  Her head swayed from side to side, dizziness and confusion setting in.  However, she found her footing, and twisted her foot for more stability.  "Whatever, you know what...."  She smacked a fist into her hand.  "A straight fight is the only thing that really got through to me.  The best offense, is a good offense!  Fufufufufu!"

Edited by Mr. Hyde

hqWiIfT.png

We are Dialga and Palkia, Lords of Time and Space, and we have an urgent message. Mioter has fallen. Minutes ago those you know as Godslayers waged an all out attack on the city from the island below. The leaders of the city was forced to use their great Psychic power to teleport it away and have since crash landed in the water. As we send this message our fellow Legendaries are racing to the island to do battle with the Godslayers. This is a call to arms to all those who can fight. We cannot send you there directly but we can bring you to one who can. Answer our call and you will be moved across the land to a vessel that can reach the island. There is no shame in refusing. Just know this is to be the final fight for Adarid's future. If you are ready, brace yourselves.

And now I'm hearing things. Uh-oh. The names did ring a bell though. She'd read them somewhere once. The details escaped her. The real question was what to do about this attack and fighting back and all that. Realistically, what did Nani stand to gain by risking her life for a region like this? Survival? What a joke. In every aspect and scenario she could think of, Nani had better odds of surviving - or would survive longer if all went poorly - by not fighting. The fight for Adarid's future, quite frankly, was none of her concern, let alone something worth throwing her life on the line for. This region's future was none of her business at best.

So why? Why, when met with that specific phrasing, could she not stop thinking about home? Something like that could happen here. Caused by the very people who had made her involuntary vacation rather shit, to people who didn't deserve it. And, thinking more about it, having the legends here in everyone's favor could be used as a way to get Alola cleaned up. After all, those who don't need help tend not to ask for it. A restored region for a saved one seemed like a fair trade, right? And so, albeit with a bit of reluctance, Nani accepted the call to arms. And while she was used to this "pulled along the floor" sensation, what she wasn't used to was the sheer speed with which it felt like she was moving.

Another thing she wasn't used to was boats flying. Like, in the sky. They belonged on the ocean or rivers, but not among the clouds. This was a place reserved for those with wings or other means of flight, yet here she was. The ship's captain - as well as a couple other figures Nani didn't particularly care about - presented those assembled with the "plan". Just go in guns blazing and fight, fight, fight.

This truly IS the Adarid way. Disgusting.

Those legends would be getting a piece of Nani's mind after this mess was settled.

Now I'm starting to sound like Marie.

It was hard to tell if that was a particularly good or bad thing. For now, they weren't quite at the spot yet, so Nani mentally prepped herself for the fight ahead. Because boy howdy, a fight it was sure to be! And it wasn't like she was in a spot where she could back out from it anymore. Nope, she was here for victory or death now. Preferably victory. So while she steeled her mind, it was probably best to relax some too. If she went in all tense, she'd screw everything up.

"End of the line," Nani mused. Well, it wasn't like she was surrounded entirely by strangers. There were also the three lovable idiots she'd been traveling with lately. To the Raichu in particular of the three, she continued "Makes you wonder what these legends have in store for us after this, doesn't it?"

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine had been waiting for the moment. As Cresselia had told them a task would be given to them, he had been on edge waiting for it to happen. And then the day hit when they were told. When they were summoned by the legends Nine didn't hesitate to answer. And so he was pulled in - the familiar sweeping sensation that had happened when Jirachi had teleported them to Juyu. Only this time, instead of ending up in a city, Nine had suddenly ended up some place he wasn't quite expecting. On board a ship. In the air. Surrounded by more people than he could count. As their attention was called to the helm, Nine saw the man known as Captain, with two familiar faces on either side of him. There was a strange sense of relief knowing that Fiona was here, that she was both safe and that he wasn't going to have to fight her, as well as some awe at Azriel's presence.

All the same, the situation was dire. And the plan was simple. Nine knew that he would have to square off against the godslayers again, and was glad that they were taking offensive to them. He had met a lot, and there were some he was hoping not to see again, as well as those he knew he still had something to settle with. And then there was the matter of who their leader could be. Who had the power to think they would be able to fell Arceus, as well as keep every one of the godslayers in a state of fear. Yet still, this was not the time for those questions. This was his time to catch up, the last time he would be able to. And so he went to go find the people who were on board here. Though, looking to Lok, Nine patted the boy on the back and said, "looks like someone's safe and sound after all. Go get her tiger." With a smirk on his face, Nine left to go find the first of the people he wished to catch up with. 

Seeing the sheriff of Juyu herself standing amidst the group, Nine walked over to her with a friendly smile on his face. "Well, well, well. Seeing a sheriff outside her town is quite the rare sight. Hasn't been all that long, but it feels like forever since we last met. So, how was life as a chaser?"

"It was frustrating. These foes were far more elusive than I thought. It seems they have finally been pushed to the edge, if this is any indication."

Scratching the back of his head, Nine said, "I see. Wouldn't know. I never went searching out for them, but they always seemed to be right where I was. Which was right where a legend was." With a small joking tone he said, "well, maybe they were just too afraid to face you."

Heather didn't seem to react much to the compliment. "I tracked one down but they ran before I could finish them off." Looking to Nine she followed with,  "we're not going to let them escape this time." 

Nodding, the Houndoom said, "absolutely. I let two go, hoping they'd figure something else out but...well." Sticking out his hand to shake, he'll say, "let's bring them to justice to Sheriff."

She grips Nine's hand in a nearly bone-crunching handshake, and nods. "Yes." She hesitates. "Is Kayla with you?"

Nine winced in pain briefly as the girl gripped his hand, slowly returning his expression back to normal to answer her question. "Oh, yeah. She was a great help too with our journeys. But, I'm sure she's waiting for you to be alone to say something." Looking nowhere specific, and with a cheery voice, Nine said, "isn't that right Deputy?" Pulling his hand back and giving a salute to the woman he said, "see you on the battlefield Heather." Walking away, Nine saw out of the corner of his eye the deputy of Juyu appear next to her Sheriff. Smiling, and with a small chuckle, Nine looked around only to see a very surprising familiar face to him.

Jovially, he walked over to Trevor the Flygon, saying, "now you. It's been way too long!" Patting Trevor on the shoulder, he followed, "and here I thought you were a scholar, not a fighter." Looking towards the unfamiliar man who just finished speaking with his friend, the chaser asked, "new friend?" 

As soon as Nine spoke he muttered, "oh no another one." However, realizing who it was, the Flygon let out a sigh and then shrugged. "I didn't want to be here but..." He shrugged again. "And no, not...not really, just. Someone who was in Trailsau recently."

"I see. Everything still fine at the homestead?"

He gives Nine a strange look. "Is it ever?"

Nine let out a laugh saying, "well, you got me there. But honestly. The world outside it. Between the godslayers and legends, the usual brawl seems pretty mundane in comparison."

"I wouldn't know." He said, scratching at the back of his head. "I guess it's going fine, then."

"Glad to hear. Sorry I couldn't send more letters about what I saw, but time was precious and money was tight. But, when this is all over and we get back home, I got some stories to share with you." Thinking more on it, the man had a mischievous smirk on his face as he knew something that would definitely excite the scholar. "Like, one about a legend you probably didn't even know of."

Trevor's eyes suddenly lit up with interest as he leaned in. "What do you mean? Where have you been?"

"All over. But, Alpha and Omega, you know that place. Turns out, it's not supposed to look all gray. And it was actually the work of someone who worked alongside Dialga and Palkia."

Trevor leaned in even closer, shaking a bit as he tried to contain himself. "I need you to tell me everything." Then he paused and looked around, realizing how many people were around, and backed away with his eyes on the deck.

Nine let out a laugh again saying, "hahaha! Yep. Everything's still fine. Don't worry Trevor. When this is all done, I'll tell you about it. About this whole journey I've been on. So make sure you come back to listen." Nine will put out his hand to shake with the Flygon.

He let out a sigh. "Yeah I guess I have to deal with this first." Though he didn't seem all too concerned about his chances and gave a brief shake.

With that done with, Nine made his way across the ship, to notice one more person aboard. Someone who had a much more imposing presence then everyone else, most others giving him a wide berth as a result. Looking at the man, Nine said, "yep, the aura around you people is definitely different then normal folk. Hey there, Kushiel."

He turned and gazes down at Nine ominously. "Greetings, chaser. Have you business with me?"

"Ah, well, not really. Just..." The chaser had gotten flustered around the man,  though not out of fear of the man. "I just thought I'd catch you up to speed. I've met a bunch of legends, and godslayers and made it back alive and in one piece. All the legends are safe too, well except for...you probably heard about Jirachi. But, well, I figured I'd just let you know that I met him. The third disciple."

He frowns. "And what did you think of the evil one?"

Nine furrows his brow as he thinks. "He was certainly strong. Oppressively so. But well...he was twisted. He and his legend were unnatural, and beyond reason. I don't think I could ever understand someone like that." As he thinks a bit more on it, remembering one of the first things he heard from Raphael, he suddenly got annoyed as he said, "oh yeah. He was also a cheater!"

"Remember this. The strong do not care if their foe fights unfairly. For their strength will prevail." He then grows silent and just when Nine thinks he's not going to speak again, "There are only two who could hope to understand that one's mind."

"Two?"

"Myself, and the Disciple of Arceus."

Nine looked over to Azriel, thinking for a moment, before saying. "I see. Well, you all must've been through a lot back in the day." Though he had known all three of the disciples, and though they had seemed to know each other, Nine didn't know much of anything about them. Though they were different, and though they may have even been at odds, he couldn't help but wonder about the lives they used to lead. All the same, Nine had more to ask of the disciple. With less seriousness in his voice then before, the chaser said, "but, well, I guess this brings me to my other question. And probably the main reason I wanted to talk to you..."

"Speak." he rumbled.

"Ah, well. When I first met you, I was awed by your strength. By your experience and the title you bore. And you found me lacking in resolve. And maybe as a chaser too. So...I know compared to you, or Azriel or even the other one I don't measure up but...well..." Nine scratched his head, clearly embarrassed by what he is about to ask. "How about now? Do you think I'm someone worthy enough of becoming a Disciple?"

He stares down at Nine for a few moments. "I would find you still lacking." Then a pause. "However, most do not share my philosophy. To many you would be considered...adequate."

Nine stared at the man, breathless for  a moment before having a wide smile on his face, eyes shining. Giving a small bow he said, "thank you sir." Standing back up, a clear spring in his step, he'll say, "then until then. I'll go down there and fight with everything I have. I'll make it back out. And when it's all over, I'll become a Disciple that you can respect. Until then," unsurprisingly Nine brought out his hand to shake. "It'll be an honor fighting alongside you, Kushiel."

He looked at Nine's hand before tapping it with his own. "Our enemies will know fear."

Clenching his hand back into a fist, with clearly renewed vigor, Nine began to walk elsewhere onto the ship. 

kMykmrI.png

In the end, Zekrom was able to teach Ari a fire-type move. And it was a really, really cool one too! He decided he would forget about trying to improve his Take Down, because this move was so much better! He could've gotten rid of Ember, but if he wanted to try to start a campfire or something, the new move was a bit overkill. Zekrom called it Fusion Flare, and it apparently could do double damage if Fusion Bolt had been used just before, and vice versa. Which meant that, he and Mac could really do some damage together!

Kazo had learned something cool too. A move that was even more powerful than theirs normally, summoning a giant burning rocks that rained down from the sky like the world was ending or something. Ari just knew that, with this, any Godslayers would be quaking in their boots from their awesome power!

They'd stayed with Zekrom a little longer, but but it wasn't long before they were summoned to what would Ari knew would be the final battle. He was a little nervous being on a big ship like this, especially because there was water underneath and everything. But he wasn't the only one that looked nervous about it. He saw at least two other fire types who both looked less than comfortable with the situation, so it wasn't just him being a scaredy-Litleo or anything.

Before he could think too much about the water, though, he was distracted by a gijinka wearing...well, not much at all. Aside from that, the thick feather boa she wore and the bones she had stuck in  her hair were what stood out about her. "'Ey, what's a little tyke like you doin' here?" she asked.

"Um...well, you see--"

"You're not much more than a bite, I'd say. Those Godslayers would swallow up a mouthful like you in a heartbeat."

"E-eh? But, you know, I'm super--"

"Go back home, tyke. I could eat something like you for breakfast."

Ari puffed out his chest in anger. He wasn't a little kid anymore! He was an adult, and he would show this woman just how much of an adult he was! A good kick in the shin would do it.

Just as he was about to kick her, though, two other gijinka came barreling through, one riding piggyback on the other's shoulders. "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahh! Get out! Get out! Get outta here! Whoo!"

"Wh-What?! What's with you two?! Forget it, I'm outta here," the woman scowled, walking away. "Knew I should've listened to my horoscope. Beware a chance encounter with a crazy Watchog and Pignite."

"I love it! Bowling for buzzards!" the Pignite shouted. "Not that we can find too many of them, but--"

"Gets 'em every time," the Watchog, who was riding on the other's shoulders, laughed. Immediately afterward he did a backflip off of the fire type, landing squarely on his feet.

"You all right, kid?" the Pignite asked.

"Yeah, are you--jeez, it's a lion! Run, Baa, move it!" the Watchog shouted, pulling on his friend's ears.

"Hey, Tim, it's just a little lion. Look at him. He's so cute, and all alone! Can we keep him?"

"Baa, are you nuts?! His mom's probably not too far away, and you're talking about keeping him?"

Ari drooped a little at that. Mom... How long had it been since he'd seen her? "No, she's not here...who are you two anyway?

"Well, I'm Tim, and this is Baa," the Watchog put his arm around his friend. "Together, we form the Timbaa team! Cuz everybody shouts Timbaa when we come through! Ahhhhhhha ha haaa! Oh, I crack myself up every time!" When the others just stared at him, he cleared his throat. "Ha ha hum...ahem. So, what's your name? Simba?"

"Huh? No, I'm Ari."

"Dang, I'm usually a good guesser."

"Ariel?!"

At that, Ari lifted his head. When was the last time he'd heard somebody call him that?

Standing across from him was a beautiful female Pyroar wearing a long, fur-lined coat. While she looked a little more sad and worn than he remembered her being, he recognized her at once. "M-Mom...?"

"Ariel!" she repeated, running across the deck toward him. Ari was also running, and before he knew it, he was in her arms, hugging her close like they used to. Back then, he had always found it stifling and annoying, especially when she would brush his hair in front of his friends. But now, he didn't care. Because he was with his mom!

"Mom, Mom, Mommy..." Ari couldn't stop himself from chanting that same word over and over. "Mom..."

"Oh, Ariel, you're alive..." she breathed. "I'm so glad to see you."

"See? Told you he had a mother. Who's the brains in this outfit?" Tim muttered in the background.

"Uhhh..." Baa trailed off.

"My point exactly. Jeez, I'm fried. Let's get out of here and find some shade." The two left then, but neither mother nor son noticed their departure.

"You've grown so much, Ariel. If only your father could see this," Ari's mother whispered, her eyes glistening.

"Mom..." Ari murmured. "Mom, you don't have to tell me. I know. I know where my father is right now."

The woman paused, and for a second, it looked like she would burst into tears, but instead, she took a deep breath, giving him a soft smile. "I should have known. You are his son, after all." She stroked his hair. "I'll have to tell Zago to stop looking for you. Now that you're back, safe and sound."

"Mooom! I don't need any looking after. I've been doing just fine by myself, see?" he paused. "Weeell, I was traveling with a couple others. Oh, oh! I should introduce you to them! Mac, and Kazo! Kazo especially is super cool and awesome! He's...he's like a big brother," he looked down shyly. "He is my big brother."

"Really?" the woman's eyes gentled. "In that case, I have to meet him, and Mac too, and give the both of them my thanks for taking care of my little boy."

"But I'm not a little boy anymore, Mom!"

"Oh Ariel...you'll always be my little boy."

However, as he began walking around the deck with his mother, looking for the others, he overheard something strange.

"My friends and I took down two at Mioter--a Hydreigon named Kah and a strange robotic gijinka. They were difficult, but manageable. But I don’t think they were actual Godslayers now, if what you’re saying is true."

"Huh? Kah? A Godslayer?!" Ari looked around, but he couldn't see who had spoken. "What?!" He began looking for for Kazo more urgently. He had to tell him! He had to tell him...that Kah was either going to be their enemy...or she was already dead.

Eventually, he did catch sight of Kazo, but it looked like he was with some other people too. Ari didn't worry about that though. "Hey, Kazo!" he shouted. "I have somebody I want you to meet!"

--

8mvNFQT.png

Easter had, in the end, chosen not to use any TMs on himself. He was pretty satisfied with his current selection of moves as was. He did consider Hidden Power, hand hovering over the disc for a while, but in the end, he took his hand back. It was too much of a gamble to sacrifice a move he knew worked well for one that could very well end up being useless for him.

Things had been pretty mild afterward. The group had spent a few more days on-board the S.S. Showdown. Apanie the Wash Rotom went out of her way to avoid him at first, but on the third day she suddenly greeted him as they passed each other in the hallway. He wasn't sure what had changed, but he decided not to look a gift Ponyta in the mouth. He hadn't been doing much to endear himself to her on the ship, in fact he had been leaving her alone, something that, on second thought, felt a bit odd.

Oh. Yeah. Before, he would've been challenging her to fight every second of every day, wouldn't he? Strong opponents were strong opponents, after all, and she was definitely a strong opponent. He had won, but just winning once was never enough for him before. A single win didn't mean anything. It could be a lucky fluke. No, he had to win multiple times before it meant anything.

Except, now, it somehow...didn't matter as much anymore. Now, he had other things to worry about. Dora, for instance, or the strange, melancholy looks Brooke would get on her face sometimes. Or  Denku's illness. The Sylveon wouldn't admit it, but he was worried about the guy. The Pupitar didn't seem the type to tell anybody if he got worse, so there was a very likely chance he'd walk in on him having a fit or something. Which wouldn't be good.

It doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't even save those who need your help. He had realized that in Deku, and later in Merm, after meeting Dora's mother. At first, he thought the solution to that was getting stronger, but now he wasn't so sure. Rather than putting all of one's effort into getting stronger, maybe it was better to spend time with others while one still could. If he had realized that sooner, maybe things would be different now. He might have saved that Eevee, might have noticed Fawkes's insecurity. There were many things he could have done. He had beaten down and slaughtered multiple gijinka on his path to power. While he wasn't sure if he regretted that or not, he did regret not being able to save the few he had met and cared about.

Perhaps I should look into healing and support more, he thought. It was a strange thought, especially for him, but it was one he had considered more and more lately. He didn't use Wish or his special move Cosmic Shield much except against strong opponents. Maybe if I had used them more, I would've been able to save them... It wasn't good to constantly look at the what-ifs of various matters, but it wasn't as if he had gone past the point of no return either. It was always good to keep his options open.

And so, when he did spar on the ship--this time with Edna, who was eager to volunteer herself--it was less fighting and more defending, to the Rotom's chagrin. He was fairly confident in his offensive prowess, but he wanted to be sure that he could protect himself and others too. He never used a live person, though, just in case he failed. He borrowed sparring dummies to use as "people to protect" instead. Sometimes he failed, sometimes he succeeded, but he was happy to see that slowly, the ratio of failure to success was shrinking.

One day, after sparring, Dora had wanted to see the crow's nest, and so he let her sit on his shoulders as he climbed up the rigging all the way to the top. There, he pointed out all the different crew members, who looked a lot smaller from up there. Dora had laughed and wanted to bounce off his shoulders, but he had managed to catch her in time before she fell off. No way was he risking her falling. Brooke wouldn't be the only one furious with him if that happened. He would be furious with himself, too. It was as he was telling the Wooper about the time he had almost fallen off himself as a new sailor, that he noticed Apanie staring up at the two of them with a strange expression on her face. It was after that that she finally started greeting him like she did the others when she saw him, though her greetings were usually in the form of a silent nod. Still, it was better than outright avoidance.

And then, just as he started to relax, he heard the voices of the lords of time and space in his mind. As soon as he heard that bit about a vessel that could reach Mioter, he grew suspicious, and...yep, he was right. It was the S.S. Showdown they were referring to. Not long afterward, a bunch of gijinka appeared on deck. Easter was surprised that the ship didn't start to fall a bit from the sudden extra weight, but this ship was a marvel in multiple ways.

Most of the gijinka, Easter didn't recognize, though he recognized a couple. The main one that stood out to him was Vita, the Charizard he could never beat in the Adarid Arena. But that made sense. She was the champion. A little excited despite himself, he approached her with a smile. "Hey, Vita, it's good to see you again. How have you been doing? Still the undefeated champion?"

The girl was standing with her hands on her hips. Looking around at all the other Gijinka around her. Seemingly sizing them up. When she saw Easter she took a moment to recognize him then hesitated. "In a sense. I did lose a fight unfortunately. To one of those Godslayers. It’s shameful but I had to be saved."

The Sylveon felt his mouth open a little in shock. "Really? You, beaten? Sounds like those Godslayers are a bigger deal than I thought." He rubbed his chin in thought. "My friends and I took down two at Mioter--a Hydreigon named Kah and a strange robotic gijinka. They were difficult, but manageable. But I don’t think they were actual Godslayers now, if what you’re saying is true." He thought for a bit. "Well, all of us working together like this increases our chances, at least."

"Or maybe I’ve just gotten rusty. Not many people as strong as you come around these days." Vita gave Easter a small smile. "But losing did do one good thing. It made me realize there’s still more to do. I think I get why you decided to travel around so much."

"A slump? That’s too bad," the fairy type clicked his tongue. "I remember, back then it seemed like everybody was challenging the Arena." He grew pensive for a bit. "Times are changing, I guess. Not sure if that’s good or bad, though." He smiled back. "Guess I’ve changed a bit myself. Back then I would’ve seen it as a huge disappointment, for sure." His eyes found Dora automatically. "Without traveling, I wouldn’t have learned what I’ve learned...about myself, and about what’s truly important to live. So I suppose it was good for me that way." He turned back to Vita. "Maybe you should go on a journey yourself. Put down that champion belt and have yourself a champion time traveling instead!" he grinned.

Vita laughed. "W-well, when you put it like that I suppose I have to try. Guess travel really brings out the philosopher in a guy. But, hey, think once this is all done people will want an Arena still anyway? Seems like things are starting to go in another direction after all...Isn’t that what this is about?"

"Haha, suppose you’re right there," Easter laughed, then quickly turned serious. "And maybe. Maybe not. Can’t really say for sure. But I do think that there will always be gijinka who want to hone their skills. Whether that be through the Arena or something else." He smiled. "And even if the Arena closes, it doesn’t mean that there won’t be things for you and the other regulars to do. Life’s full of change, but we all manage to muddle through somehow."

His gaze sharpened. There was something off about how the fire type was acting...actually, it reminded him of how Brooke acted in the bubble. "Also, Captain may be an incorrigible flirt, but he runs a tight ship. I doubt you’ll have to worry about us crashing or anything--unless something really bad happens," he amended. Yeah. He was never the best at reassurances.

"Ah, no, of course not. Why would I be worried about it crashing, I have wings and all." Vita said, though she didn’t seem convinced by even her own words. She closed her eyes for a moment and nodded. "Whatever happens after this guess all we have to do now is fight our hardest."

"True," Easter didn’t argue the point. She had her pride, after all, though it was interesting to learn that the person who he had admired for so long had her own weaknesses. "And that’s for sure. I’m looking forward to fighting alongside you. It was good seeing you again." Giving her one last nod, he walked away, catching sight of somebody else.

"Oh hey, Nine, is that you?"

--

M5kN9eN.png

Adarid City had been a welcome rest from a long journey. Though the city looked like it had seen better days itself. While Randy had been practicing a new move and Nani and Marie had been...being themselves, Keanu had been busy getting used to his new evolution.

For one thing, his tail was super heavy. The balance was all off compared to how it used to be, and he just couldn't understand how other Raichu dragged it along behind them. Actually, his mother seemed to carry it along effortlessly.

For another thing, he now had this strange, inexorable wariness against Randy and Nani. Nani he could understand, but Randy! Mr. Tony the Tiger, the Furball Goofball, etc. There was absolutely nothing to be afraid of when it came to him, save for getting dragged into a fight. So just why exactly did he feel the way he did?

And then, there were his new psychic powers. He knew, theoretically, that Raichu had psychic powers, but knowing it and experiencing it for himself were two different things. Eventually, Keanu found out that the faint whispers he'd sometimes hear were not in fact, spoken out loud, but heard through his psychic powers. Either that, or he was going lolo, but he preferred the other option. And then, once, when he was stressed, he'd actually pushed back his friends once, except he didn't actually push them, they were just pushed back. Marie had been pushed the farthest, but Randy hadn't been pushed at all, and that had reinforced the fear he'd felt at the back of his mind. That the tiger was a threat--except no, he wasn't. And then, once, he'd accidentally levitated a pancake to his mouth just as he'd been picking up a fork to eat it. And ended up getting a faceful of pancake for his troubles. On the bright side, he finally learned how Raichu carried their tails. They levitated them. So the pancake incident was good for something in the end.

Which was another thing. He really, really liked pancakes now. He already had before, but he liked them even more now. He felt like, if he ate any more, he'd probably turn into a giant pancake, but that, thankfully, didn't happen. Probably because of all the walking they were doing.

Keanu was in great shape, and he looked even better than he did before, with his new tan and curls and sea-blue eyes. He had had to throw away his old clothes since they didn't fit quite right anymore and ended up walking around topless until he was able to buy new clothes in the city. As a surfer though, he was used to that, so he didn't pay it much mind. It would've been better if there were some cute wahine around though. He wondered if that was why Randy was training so hard with his new move, so he could show it off to any wahine if he met them, but knowing that training-obsessed tiger, it was probably just so he could win the next fight against that Lucario or whoever else they came across.

Keanu could understand that though. It bothered him too, that he'd not been able to do anything. Not that much, because he had always known he had never been much of a fighter, but a little bit. Enough to get him to train. As he did so, memories that had been long forgotten, buried in the back of his mind, came to the fore. Maybe it was his new psychic powers, but a lot of his memories were crystal clear now. Including something his brother had said...and that Randy had also said. He was sure, if the two had ever met, they'd have gotten along swimmingly.

"Go with your gut...even if it's not akamai."

Akamai, or smart. Before, he had never understood that. Now, he thought he did.

It wasn't akamai to keep traveling with these lolo buggahs, Keanu knew that. If he had any brains, he'd have long left them behind, and would never have been almost lost his life all those times. But, if he'd had any brains, he wouldn't have entered his home city at all, wouldn't have risked his life to convince his ohana to leave with him. He should've known that would be a futile gesture, but he did it anyway. Just like he tried to convince his companions--no, ohana--to avoid fights. Why fight those Godslayers, those legendaries, when they were so above their level? Randy came the closest, but even he had been effortlessly outmatched by that Lucario.

So why was he still here?

And why, oh why, when he heard Dialga and Palkia's voices in his head, that they needed gijinka to fight for Adarid's future, when he saw the others' expressions--except for Nani's, for obvious reasons--did he do what he did?

Suppose I gotta go too. I have to make sure my ohana doesn't die on me doing something stupid again.

In the end, he answered his own question.

There were choke, or a lot of gijinka on the ship. Way too many for Keanu to count. He was also unprepared for the onslaught of new whispers--vague thoughts and feelings he had to work to ignore. His face tense, he glanced around, and sure enough, his ohana was all here. Randy, Marie, and Nani even. He was a little surprised by the last one, but not as surprised as he thought he'd be. The Mimikyu was another common-sense type like him, but she had also stuck around through all those tough fights. There had to be a reason for that.

Speaking of Nani, as Randy and Marie left to go socialize with a couple of gijinka that they, and Keanu too, recognized, the ghost type turned to him. "Makes you wonder what these legends have in store for us after this, doesn't it?"

"It sure does," Keanu replied, putting his arms behind his head in a relaxed manner. He was finally getting the whispers under control now. It had helped that he was somewhat used to it from walking around Adarid City. "Maybe they'll give us all a belt, like they do in wrestling," he chuckled, before growing serious. "Maybe...they'll be able to send us home." His face grew pensive. "But, you know...do you think, even if we return...there will be anything left of it?" He'd been thinking about that for a while now. "I don't want to admit it, but, do you think it's for the best that...we stay here? In Adarid?"

DcxYSU0.png?1

The past few days had been a bit of a downer for Marie. She was glad to have saved the two legends, especially since they were Moltres's sisters, but she couldn't help but feel like she had still lost. The Lucario was far stronger than Allie had been and not only could Marie not hold her own against him, she couldn't even begin to understand him. Even if Marie thought Allie was being a bit of a jerk and dumb, she could still talk with the girl. But he was something else and something far scarier. She was nervous, thinking back on it, and even thought herself a bit foolish vowing to get stronger so that she could challenge him. Obviously, such a feat would be impossible. And if it were possible, then there'd be no way she could do so in such a short time to keep him from hurting anyone else. 

Yet still, she had vowed to do so. And no matter what, she didn't want to see anyone hurt so callously again. So, she would get as strong as she could. And her resolve bore fruit at that. Something within her had click, and she knew that she had obtained a power even greater then what she could use before. Was it enough? She couldn't say. But it was certainly a start. Needless to say, when the call went out from the legends to help fight against the Godslayers, Marie had answered along with the rest of her friends. After being pulled onto a boat - a boat in the sky! - Marie was suddenly overwhelmed by the number of people around her. 

Stepping back a bit, the girl looked around all of the unfamiliar and strange faces on the ship, before her eyes finally settled on someone. Someone very familiar. Her eyes going wide in surprise, the girl said, “Morgan?” As she had confirmed that’s who it was, excitedly, she ran over waving, “heeeey! Morgan!” Once she got close to the girl she said, “it’s been like, forever. What’re you doing here Morgan?”

A familiar-looking Eevee gijinka jumped in place. “Ehh?!” her face went through a slightly comical transformation from shock to pleasant surprise. “Hey, wow, it really has been forever, hasn’t it? Or at least, it feels like it, heheh,” she grinned, her eyes closing slightly in the process. “And why am I here? Cuz, uhh…” she scratched her cheek, looking slightly to the side. “That’s cuz it sounded really, really cool!” she turned back to Marie and pumped her fists, stars shining in her eyes. “The others told me not to come, but how could I pass up an adventure like this?!”

Marie looked concerned for a moment, but then simply laughed at the girl’s comment. “Well, you have to be sure to stay safe, after all, adventures like these are pretty dangerous. But, even if you couldn’t come with us before, I’m glad you’re here with us now.” Bright-eyed the girl said, “I mean, it’s been a lot of trouble since we left Northshore, but also kind of fun and really exciting! We met all kinds of new people and even a few new legends. Some were a bit scarier than Moltres was, though.”

“Wow, really?!” Morgan turned even more starry-eyed than before, if that were possible. “You gotta tell me all about it! And then, and then, I have some things to tell you too!” she waved her arms in the air energetically.

“Oh, well, see, one of them was like this giant bird thing. She was named Yveltal, she wasn’t very nice and she made me feel not nice in general too. She also wanted to fight us all, so we did, and she decided to leave us alone. So that was nice. And then - and then, we met this guy named Heatran. He was a big goofball though.He kept talking about how strong he was and stuff, and acted like a bit of a meanie but he was actually really nice deep down. Even if we had to fight him too. Something about a volcano erupting. Well, I’ll probably go visit him later once this is all done with this anyway.” As the girl rambled about the legends she met, she said, “oh, wait. Sorry, I didn’t really explain anything. But it’s been a long journey.”

“That’s all right, it sounds super cool anyway!” the Eevee replied. “Wow, I almost wish I had went with you all now.” She smiled. “But, but, I had a bit of an adventure myself! See, there was this bad cactus guy attacking this legendary named Kyo…” she screwed up her expression as she thought. “Kyo...whatever! That’s not important! He was attacking her, but these other people came and fought him! And they were Chasers too! There was a really nice lady in a hat, a mischievous-looking electric guy, a powerful girl in pink, and a guy with horns on his head! The last one was super cool. He kept getting knocked down, but then he kept getting back up again!” she shouted. “Actually, wait a second...that girl in pink...that’s her!” she pointed dramatically at Fiona, who had been talking earlier. “Wait...does that mean...I wonder if the others are here too?”

“Whoooa,” Marie said in awe at both the girl’s tale, as well as noticing that there was someone else here who fought a Godslayer. Thinking back on it, it made sense that anybody here could have fought one, but the girl was a bit star struck thinking about how many strong people were here. Looking at the girl, she said, “I bet they are! And there’s probably loads of other cool people here too!” Marie’s excitement started to lower, though, as she thought more on the topic. “Oh, right, Morgan. That cactus guy, he was probably a Godslayer. Those nasty bully people that want to hurt others. They’re really scary and strong, and you really shouldn’t be fighting any of them. But there’s one. A Lucario. He’s the scariest of them all, so make sure to avoid him at all costs.”

“A Godslayer? Yeah, I heard those three up there,” Morgan nodded toward the helm of the ship, “and the voice in my head talking about them, but they never explained what they were. All I know is that they’re bad and…” she gulped, “that this is a fight for Adarid’s future.” Her expression turned serious. “I guess, that’s really why I came. I learned, during that fight, how helpless I am against bad guys. If those people weren’t there, Northshore would’ve been destroyed…” she shook her head. “Well, it didn’t happen! But it gave me a goal to work toward! I’m gonna be super strong and awesome like those people were.” She puffed out her chest, “I’ve actually been practicing. Running laps and stuff like that. I might not be able to do much, but if I can at least do something, then that’s still something, right? Better than sitting around thinking it’s somebody else’s business,” she grumbled out the last sentence, glaring down at the ground. “I just don’t understand my parents!” the girl exploded. “How can they decide to just do nothing when the whole continent is in trouble?!”

Marie nodded along with the girl’s frustrations.”Sounds like they’ll need some stern talking to once this is all done. After all, treat others how you want to be treated is like, the most basic lesson right? So if you wanted someone to save you, then you have to be willing to save them, right?” Smiling she said, “but, I’ve gotten a lot stronger too since we last met. In fact, I feel like I can do even more than ever before. So, let’s go show those nasty bullies a thing or two and save your home, Morgan!” The girl went to give her friend a high five.

“Yeah, see? You totally get me!” Morgan brightened. “Sitting back and doing nothing is totally and seriously lame!” She returned the high five. “Yeah, let’s! I want to see how strong you got too, Marie!” The Eevee beamed. “Wait...speaking of...you look different,” she tilted her head to the side, squinting her eyes. “Did you get taller? Your hair looks different too. Wait…” she bopped her fists together in realization. “I know, I know, I know! You evolved, right? Wow, that’s so amazing! How was it? Did it hurt? Did you get taller all at once or was it little by little? Do you feel any different now?!” The girl had gone back to her usual energetic self.

The girl blinked for a moment, forgetting that she had evolved as well, before letting out a laugh saying, “well, it just happened all at once and without warning really. But now, I’m all stronger and even more of an adult than I already was! And and and, I know that Popplios or Brionnes can evolve again! I don’t know when it’ll hit me though, but I’m not nearly as strong or as adult as I possibly could be yet!” 

“Oh wow, that sounds really awesome! All at once, like one second you’re this, and the next second, whoosh bam, you’re that!” the Eevee waved her arms around for emphasis. “And you’re not even done yet?! So you’re gonna become even more adult than you are now?! No fair, I can only evolve once!” she puffed out her cheeks. “But I’ve heard I can choose what to evolve into, so that’s cool, I guess…” she kicked a pebble that was somehow on the wooden deck. “Still dunno what I wanna be, though.” She thought for a bit, getting more excited. “But, anyway, I wonder what your final form is gonna be?! Do you think you’ll be like a super mature business-looking type? Or maybe an elegant beauty? Or, wait wait wait, what about a mysterious yet cool and awesome lady?!”

Marie looked dreamily into the air saying, “I don’t know for sure, I’ve never seen a Primarina myself. But, I heard my mom was really pretty and elegant and stuff! She was also a great singer too, so I’ll probably be one too!”

“A Primarina? I’ve never heard of that...but I haven’t heard of a lot of gijinka!” Morgan laughed with some embarrassment. “But a singer huh? And a really pretty and elegant one? That’s awesome,” the normal type sighed. “Well, once you evolve, you gotta come to Northshore and show me! I wanna hear you sing too, then! And maybe by then, I’ll have evolved too, so that’ll be doubly awesome! Whaddaya say, whaddaya say? Promise?” the girl held out her pinky.

Smiling, Marie said, “absolutely! And I can’t wait to see what kind of Eevee you evolve into Morgan.” Locking pinkies with the girl she said, “it’s a promise!” 

“It just… It just feels like we’re all rushing toward something, something bigger than we are.”

Brooke had originally had the thought after rescuing Manaphy, and in the days leading up to the present, she hadn’t been able to shake it. She hadn’t really expected to have her suspicions proven correct by yet another Psychic in her head though. 

We are Dialga and Palkia, Lords of Time and Space, and we have an urgent message. Mioter has fallen. 

Fawkes! Her chest tightened and she clenched her fists. No… the little Zorua was alright. She had to be. She had grown up in Deku; there wasn’t a meaner city in the world. Regardless Brooke didn’t have time to dwell on it. The air around her shifted, and then, dozens of people appeared in the blink of an eye. It was almost overwhelming how quickly things were going from 0-to-100. 

Captain addressed the group, then an older Gijinka she didn’t recognize addressed the crowd, claiming to have been a former sheriff and disciple… whatever the hell a disciple was? Brooke got the impression she was very much a smallfry in whatever game was being played, because the more she heard people begin to discuss, the more confused she became. The only thing she was really certain on was that they had to go and fight someone, who apparently had the power to shoot a floating city out of the sky. A reasonable request if she had ever heard one.

Somehow though… she wasn’t panicking. Brooke was as prepared as she could honestly. She had been getting ready for this moment for the past few days; it was a lot of prep tim----"see you on the battlefield Heather,” a voice she soon placed as a Houndoom’s distracted her, but when she looked towards it, her brain ground to a screeching halt.

”Heather?” She echoed, staring at the woman the Houndoom had been speaking with. “As in… You’re… No way.” Brooke pushed through the crowd towards the woman. “Heather! Is that really you?” She could hardly believe it. The last time she had seen Heather the girl was still a prepubescent little brat, and now, she was the Sheriff of Juyu? When had that happened?

Captain was biting the inside of his cheek as he looked over the group. Sure, he had taken on passengers before but this was far beyond that. Dozens of people milling about on his deck. Many of whom seemed to not be too familiar with boat travel. He knew it was a silly thing to worry about, given circumstances, but he couldn't help but think of what messes these people might cause.

"You were workin' with the Legends this whole time?! Whatever, you know what....A straight fight is the only thing that really got through to me.  The best offense, is a good offense!  Fufufufufu!"

And here was a familiar face. Sadly not one very good at walking on deck despite having been here before. But, it was better than nothing. Flashing a smile Captain made his way over the crowd, using his wings to avoid having to walk through them, and landed in front of her. "Well now, I wouldn't want a lovely lady to be disappointed in me. Welcome back, by the way." He looked around. "I wouldn't say working with them, exactly. Sometimes you just have to step in when no one else does though. Lot of lazy people and turns out having a ship full of fighters makes you a good choice to get things done." He hesitated then shrugged and gave a sigh. "Plus I may have taken this ship from Rayquaza to begin with."

Heather was glad to see that Kayla was unharmed. She instinctively put a hand on the girl's head and gave a sigh of relief. "I'm happy you're safe." She said. And not only safe she seemed to be a bit more confident than before. Barely noticeable to most there was a certain shine to her that wasn't there before. She'd have to thank those she had traveled with.

Then Kayla faded off to the side, though Heather still could tell she was nearby, as someone else approached.

“Heather! Is that really you?”

The voice was strangely familiar. Though still one she couldn't place. Which put Heather on guard as she turned to the source of it. She saw an Emboar woman approaching her with a look of surprise on her face. "Yes, that's me." She began, still guarded.

She examined the woman and stepped towards her. Something...something....something clicked. "Brooke?" She said, uncertainly. The stern look in her eyes faltered slightly as she suddenly was brought back to her childhood. "You got out of that place, too?" She asked. Then, remembering the circumstances that had brought them here, frowned. "Or, have you been there all this time?"

Mac had to admit she was having fun. Training with Ari and Kazo and Zekrom was something she never expected to do. Though really, why hadn't she thought of it before? Zekrom was a powerful Electric type of course he would be a good idea to learn from. Even if she really just wanted to fight him again.

She couldn't deny that the move she had learned was really awesome though. She wasn't sure about the whole 'needs Ari to be the strongest it can be' thing about it but it was an excitingly explosive attack.

Still she was getting tired of waiting around and when the call to arms came she jumped, literally, at the chance and agreed without a second thought. Which led her to here. On a flying ship. Eyes as wide as saucers as she looked around. She didn't fully get what those people were talking about but she knew one thing. It was time for her to fight. And she was so ready for that.

As the others started to separate, presumably finding people they knew, Mac wandered her way through the crowd. She couldn't imagine there would be anyone she knew from back home here. They were all weak and, worse, had no sense of adventure. But then she saw them, at the back of the ship, seemingly avoiding everyone else.

A familiar Scisor and Milotic.

Electricity crackling around her as she approached them, causing a few people to back away with annoyed responses which she ignored, she stomped right up to them and glared. "What do you think you're doing here?" She said to the Scisor.

"Tch." Edgelord said. "None of your business. I go where I want to." he said, as he looked off into the horizon, wind blowing around him. He then winced as the Milotic elbowed him in the side.

"Don't mind him. He's...well, you know." Melody said, rolling her eyes with a smile. Mac felt a bit sick looking at how the two were clearly looking at each other.

"But surprised to see you here, kiddo, guess they really are looking for whoever they can."

Mac narrowed her eyes. "What's that supposed to mean? Want me to prove that I should be here right now?"

"Now now, I didn't really mean anything by it." Melody laughed. "I saw how you fought before, anyway." She gave the girl a fond smile, which also served to creep Mac out. "You fought so hard to protect them, how could I deny that?"

Mac wasn't sure what to say to that. Thankfully she heard Ari's voice, calling Kazo's name. "I, okay, just don't cause any trouble. I gotta go." She said and hastily left. Looking for where Ari had gone.

"Look, look, a new person! And there! And there too! Oh my gosh!" Dora was, quite literally, bouncing around the deck of the ship. She hadn't even really heard what everyone was talking about, something about fighting the bad guys, she was just too excited about all the people she had never seen before. She started running up to each one she saw and brightly announcing "I'm Dora, nice to meet you...Oh, new person!" And running off again.

She didn't pause once until she heard a familiar voice. "Dora?"

The girl spun around to see a familiar Clawitzer. "Gigi!" Dora shouted and charged headfirst into the muscular man. "I missed you! Did you miss me? I had so many adventures. I was even back home! But you know that I guess. Hi!"

The stern man cracked an ever so slight smile and lifted the girl up. "It's good to see you, too. When your father heard the call he...well, he told me to come here right away."

She gasped, "is dad here?!" and started to look around.

Gisei shook his head. "No, he didn't come with. But he is leading his men to make sure Mioter is safe. It fell into the water after all. I even heard he forced the king of Fryst to send aid as well."

Dora beamed. "My dad's pretty good at that." Which caused Gisei to let out a rare laugh.

"Yes, that he is."

Important OOC, Please Read

Spoiler

Alright, here's the second half of the interaction round. Remember after this I want to move on so be sure to get whatever interactions you want in with this post.
That being said. If you've posted once already I want you to let me know, via message, if you would want to have a third round for interaction after this. To clarify this isn't a "I want 2 weeks to do a post" thing. Just that while I want to go at a good pace I don't want to cause anyone to miss out on things they want to do. So if you'd prefer not having to break up your interactions between two posts, and want a third round to split it up, let me know. Or let me know if you'd rather just do as I intended and this be the last round for interactions.

Kazo was ecstatic. He was taught a new move! And not just any move from any teacher, but Draco Meteor from Zekrom! How cool was that?! There was so much many more things he wanted to learn from Zekrom, become a better chaser, but it seemed the final battle was upon them. The voices of Dialga and Palkia echoed in his head, and soon, he found himself transported onto a ship that flew. That was so cool! The ship itself seemed a bit crowded, as there was a lot of people on the ship.

He thought he could see people he had seen earlier in his journey to. Unless his eyes were playing tricks on him, he thought he saw Dorian, and Melody. He would have to go talk to them at some point. However, they were being given a pep talk, one that came with a huge surprise.

"I am honored to be standing before so many brave souls. My name is Azriel. Some of you know me as the former sheriff of Juyu. But I am also the Disciple of Arceus... I have watched this land for many years,"

"What?!" Kazo couldn't help but let that slip out, although he could have sworn he heard some other voices say something similar. But really, Old Man Azriel was a Disciple of Arceus?! What the hell?!" The rest of the speech went about as well as a person could expect, but Kazo still had to get over the shock he felt. Old Man Azriel? Really? Kazo really didn't know how to react to this. Kazo turned to see what Ari and Mac were doing, but they seemed to be talking to other people at the moment.

That was fine, he supposed. He could go confirm if that was Dorian or Melody he saw---

"Well, well, well, I think I feel the presence of a real man!" A voice rang out from above, one that was far too familiar to him. Looking up, he could see a figure standing on top of the crow's nest, arms folded as a scarf blew in the wind. It was hard to see exactly what they looked like, but Kazo knew. The figure leapt off the nest and landed by the dragon, revealing themselves to be an Excadrill.

"Way to stick the landing Sai," Kazo said with a wide smile. "Much better than usual,"

"Hey, had to do somethin' while I was out traveling," Sai joke, smacking Kazo playfully in the chest. "How have ya been, Kaz?"

Denku didn't find a TM that gelled with him, so in the end, he didn't take one. He was happy with what he had now, and he didn't feel the need to change. He spent the next few days under the deck, sitting in the bed. His chest felt... odd. He wasn't sure if it was a sign that the healing was temporary or just something else all together, but he didn't want to risk the others seeing an episode. They knew he was sick, they didn't need to see it in action.

The days still passed somewhat quickly, but it was peaceful... until Denku heard a booming pair of voices in his head. They asked for Chasers, for people willing to help... Denku's chest clenched again. He hoped, he prayed that he was there....

He went onto deck, which by now was completely covered in all sorts of people. He scanned the crowd... no one he knew seemed to be there. That was okay though. He wasn't sure he wanted to see the hotheaded bee or fiery bug right now anyways. The Captain was making a big speech, and there wasn't much interesting, expect that old man Azriel was the Disciple of Arceus. What the hell?

Still, there wasn't much else that caught his attention. He instead decided to look around and try to see if by some miracle his brother was in the crowd. He quietly walked passed a lot of conversations, hearing a lot of interesting things, but nothing that really caught his attention. At the end of the day, the stories of the others didn't matter to him.

He did, however, hear a sentence that did mean something to him. Someone said the name Kaz. He whipped his head over to the direction he heard it, seeing a Excadrill and a Gabite talking to each other. A name is a coincidence. The two species hanging out was also a coincidence... but both? There was only one thing it could be...

Denku rushed over, taking off his mask as he ran. This had to be right, this had to be the moment he dreamed of for the past two years, nothing could take this from him, not a damn thing. "Kazo!" He called out, the only warning the Gabite would receive before the Pupitar latched onto him, arms wrapped around him in a giant hug. "Kazo... bro, I finally found you," He gritted his teeth, trying to suppress the the feelings swelling in his chest. He didn't want to break in front of everyone, he didn't want to show weakness here. But...

"Denku?" Said Pupitar choked on a sob as he felt arms wrap around him, the feeble damn he built for his emotions crumbling in an instant. The strength left his knees as he slumped to the ground, tears flowing out of his eyes, the rock type becoming a sobbing pile of emotions.

Kazo went down with him, just hugging his older brother close. He didn't think Denku would break down like this. Did his brother really miss him this much? He tightened the hug, letting his brother cry. Sai watched the two, before bending down and just wrapping his arms around both of them, the three just being one big huge pile.

Finally, after a few minutes, Denku finally broke the hug, standing up, wiping his eyes and chuckling weakly. "So, can you tell that I missed you?" He asked. Kazo nodded, standing up as well. With a smile, Denku took his first good look at his brother in the first time in over ten years. "Huh... when the hell did you get taller than me?" He joked, realizing he only came up to his younger brother's shoulder.

"More importantly, what the hell is this?" Sai asked jokingly, flipping up Kazo and Denku's capes. "I thought we all agreed scarves were super cool!" He flipped his scarf around, folding his arms.

"Mom gave me this," Kazo supplied as Denku shrugged.

"Cape was more practical," Denku explained.

"Aaaah, you two got laaaame," Sai commented. Kazo suddenly snapped his fingers.

"Oh yeah, there's some people I want you all to meet!" He said, smiling widely at the thought.

"Oh, who are they? New members for the brotherhood?" Sai asked as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Well... yeah," Kazo answered with a shrug.

"Oh? Color me curious. Who?" Denku asked as he tried to regain a little bit of dignity.

"Hey, Kazo!" Ari shouted. "I have somebody I want you to meet!"

"Well, speak of the devil. That's one of them," Kazo said with a grin as he turned around to face the young lion. "Great timin' Ari! There's some people I want you to meet to!"

hqWiIfT.png

"It sure does. Maybe they'll give us all a belt, like they do in wrestling. Maybe...they'll be able to send us home. But, you know...do you think, even if we return...there will be anything left of it? I don't want to admit it, but, do you think it's for the best that...we stay here? In Adarid?"

"Well... no." It was a direct answer, fitting for a direct question. "Realistically, there probably isn't much left, if anything. But that's all the more reason to go back, see. I want you to imagine a spider's web that got torn down while the spider was out looking for food. The spider doesn't just sit down and say 'oh, I guess I'll just not have a web' does it? It builds a new one. So we'll build a new home too. If one little spider can build a new home from scratch, why can't we?" Nani paused, considering the possibilities and implications in front of her for building a new home like that.

Although, more than building over the remains, I suppose the greater problem is...

"And that's where these legends come in. Put frankly, we're laying our lives on the line for a foreign region against an enemy far stronger than us. If these legends are really that desperate for help, I'd go so far as to say they owe us for saving their hides here. And if we scratch their back by getting rid of these pests, they can take a bit of time off to scratch ours by cleaning out whatever's been causing trouble back home so we can rebuild. They may even want to help with the construction if they're hard workers. Who knows?"

Was building a city for the masses really part of their duty, though? Not really. But Nani had to admit, the visual of a legend - practically a living deity - toiling away building a preschool was pretty funny.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Having just finished his conversation with Kushiel, Nine continued to walk around the ship, looking for other people he knew of. After a bit, the Houndoom found Vita, thinking it would probably be good to catch up with her to see how Adarid was doing, as well as just in general. Though, he waited for a bit, as she seemed to be busy talking to a Sylveon. Thinking that he would just pass by them and look for someone else to leave them to their own conversation, Nine froze in his tracks as he was called out to by the Sylveon. He looked at them, not really knowing who it was that knew him at first, and feeling a bit awkward as a result. Though, he quickly tried to go through his memory to think of all the female Sylveons he knew of. While he couldn't think of anyone specifically that fit the bill, he looked at them again and realized that he had made a critical mistake in trying to figure out who they were. “Oh.” He flatly remarked, realization hitting as he now knew for sure who it was he was taking to. Taking a step back and seeming as if ready to run, the Houndoom said, “heya there uh...Easter…Long time no see.”

Easter stared at him strangely for a second before realization dawned. Oh yeah. I...made a bit of a nuisance of myself before, didn’t I? He sweatdropped. While it was a little tempting to mess with him, now wasn’t really the time for such fun and games, what with them facing up for the final battle and all. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to ask you to fight me or anything right now,” he held his hands out in front of him in a gesture of pacification. “It’s not the best time for it right now anyway. I was just surprised to see you here, is all. Though I suppose I really shouldn’t be.”

Nine still seemed on guard for a moment, gauging the Sylveon’s response, before seeming to relax. Letting out a sigh of relief he said, “well, of course.” Smiling he said, “a gathering of Godslayers generally leads to a gathering of Legends. And I could never pass up something like that!” After saying that, the boy paused, only to let out a soft chuckle and become less emphatic in his speech. “Well, that’s probably what I’d normally say too. But, now is different. How about you? Just here for a good fight?”

Easter mirrored his chuckle with one of his own. “A good fight, huh? I guess...that’s why I chose to be here initially.” He shook his head. “But somewhere along the line, it became less important. Suppose I’ve changed, and from the sounds of it, so have you.” He stared past Nine for a second, taking in the sight of all the gijinka gathered around, and the endless expanse of sky and sea past them. “I’ve had the fortune to be able to travel around Adarid, and learned a lot. I’d recommend that to anybody looking to have a champion time,” he laughed to himself a bit.

“Well, I always knew there was a lot out there in the world. But I guess I was just chasing legends before. You know, figured that knowledge was all I needed and the thrill of it all was all that was waiting. But now, I have a goal. Or at least something to work towards.” He gave a side glance to Easter saying, “you find something for yourself?” 

“A goal, huh?” the Sylveon thought for a bit. “You could call it that. But I think it’s more like...I realized I needed to change the goal I already had.” He shook his head. “I spent so much time looking ahead, I forgot to take in everything else. And those were the things that actually mattered the most, in the end.” He glanced around and smiled when he caught sight of Dora, Brooke, and Denku, each involved in their own conversation. There was a Clauncher, a familiar-looking Escavalier, and Gabite over there was probably Denku’s little brother. The fairy type sighed. “I was such a fool… Though I suppose it’s better late than never.”

“You got that right,” Nine nodded along, though stopped before clearing his throat. "Speaking from experience, that is.” Putting his hand to his chest and seeming to amp up theatrics again, he said, “as for myself, I am now a man renewed. A one woman kind of guy. And with that kind of strength, no Godslayer could possibly hope to bring me down!” Pointing dramatically at Easter he said, “and if you’ve found people as important to you as it seems, then I better hear the same kind of confidence from you.”

“A one woman kind of guy?” Easter side-eyed the other. “So you’re telling me you weren’t before?” Not that he was that surprised by it, considering how their first interaction went. “But she must be pretty special if she could change you that much.” He smiled. “I’ve also found people like that, though they’re not lovers or anything.” Speaking of, he wondered how that guy was doing… “But they’re family all the same.” He laughed then. “I’m not as confident as I was before, but I think that’s helped in the long run. Too much of a good thing isn’t very good either.”

“Well, you’re right there. But,” he kept pointing at Easter. “You’re a former member of the Showdown, a Chaser and now something of a family man. So,” he changed his pointing hand into a fist as he presented it towards the Sylveon. “Let’s go show these Godslayers we mean business.”

The fairy type grinned, feeling a familiar exultation rising in his chest. “You’re right. It’s not good to lose faith in yourself either. I may not be as good as I thought I was, but I’ve still gotten a lot stronger than before! And I’ll--no, we all will be able to prove our strength to those Godslayers.” He extended his fist and bumped it against the Houndoom’s. “Thanks for that. I almost forgot myself there. Guess even now, I still have a ways to go.”

The Sylveon paused, catching sight of somebody. “I’m going to go around and talk to some more gijinka, and I’m sure you have more people to talk to than just me as well,” he joked. “I’ll see you around. I’m looking forward to seeing how much you’ve improved. Hopefully we’ll get to fight alongside each other later. See you then,” he waved, walking away toward somebody Nine would also recognize as a former S.S. Showdown crewman.