LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

Skuldafn Team Showdown

Scarlet and her friends spent what felt like hours in Skuldafn, taking in the wonderful views that the ancient dragon city provided and, at least in Taiga's case, their food as well. She still couldn't believe this was actually happening - it felt like forever age that they were in the temple. Or it felt like a few minutes, she wasn't really sure. Scarlet chuckled as Taiga spilled ale on her face. "Gonna take on the world, huh?" She remarked, taking a more reasonable swing from her cup.

It wouldn't be long before a familiar set of voices rang in her head. Dialga and Palkia were sending their message. "Looks like its time." She said, standing up from her seat. Whatever amount of time that had passed since they entered the temple, it didn't matter. This was the moment she had been waiting for, ever since she learned about the Godslayers and teamed up with Rayquaza. With the power that had been granted to her, and the help of other powerful gijinka from across the land, she was sure this was going to be the end. With a simple nod, she closed her eyes and, when they were open again...

S.S. Showdown Team Showdown

They found themselves back on the S.S. Showdown. "Woah..." She said, looking around at some familiar faces. There was that pidgeot, who was apparently a disciple of Arceus himself, and there were the other rotom girls. But there were also some of the chasers that she had met on that fateful day. There were also new faces, however, like that Fiona girl that had introduced herself. It was all a bit to take in, as she watched Taiga march up to the Captain. She turned to Isole, a smile on her face. "Well, this saves us the trip of bringing you back here at least!" She said, placing her pincer behind her head. "I imagine you're gonna want to stay here once this is all said and done, huh?" She waited a bit for Isoles response, before letting out a sigh. She knelled down on one knee, matching Isole eye to eye "I hope you got to see everything you wanted to see on our little adventure." She smiled, before standing back up. She took one more glance around her, watching as the various gijinka talked to each other. The calm before the storm.

After her and Isole spoke, she made her way back towards Taiga, placing her arm on the girl's shoulder. "So, you've been working with the legends the whole time, huh?" She said with a light chuckle. "Didn't really think you were the disciplining type, but hey. What do I know." She said, lifting her arm off of Taiga and extending it for a handshake with the captain. "We brought Isole back. Safe and sound."

Edited by REP

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

While Randy was still in thought, he noticed that Marie had found another familiar face: Morgan from Northshore. He was pretty surprised that she was around here, but at the same time, also felt like her life was put at risk here now as well. A sigh escaped his lips as the Incineroar shook his head. ...gotta look after her too, I'm sure. he thought, before turning to do some more walking around...when he noticed another gijinka. One he saw in Northshore as well.

"...son of a..." he muttered, seeing the all too familiar form and appearance of a Poliwrath who was jogging in place. Apparently he was trying to get others to join him in a work out, much to no avail. Regardless, Randy made his way over towards the Poliwrath, smirking. "Having trouble getting anyone to join ya, I take it?"

"No one here has the guts!"

"Heh, harsh words there...but probably not wrong." Randy chuckled, flashing another smirk as he too began to jog in place with the Poliwrath.

"See?" He said loudly towards those around him. "Learn from this man!"

Randy felt really good about hearing this, not used to being praised like this...especially here in this region. "Well, can't say I half blame them. They didn't go through that bit of rigorous training you had me go through at Northshore." the Incineroar laughed, shaking his head. "Need to have you put them through that before they can even attempt this."

"Need to start sometime. Why not now? May not get another chance if we lose. Though that's a big if!" He then dropped down and started doing one handed pushups.

Randy noticed the Poliwrath dropping to a one handed pushup, to which he did the same thing. "Heh, honestly I doubt we'd be losing at all. Still, ya got a point regardless. Best start now...especially now!"

"You got any friends you can get in on this? We could start a health revolution right here!"

Randy motioned with his head over in the direction of the Alola gang, chuckling. "Over there. Though I'm fairly certain they're perfectly fine leaving this stuff to me. Especially the Raichu...kinda prefers the laid back approach."

The Poliwrath started alternating which arm he's using. "No! That's quitter talk! You must show them the joy of a good work out!"

"Yeah you'd think they'd understand that with the regimen you suggested to me while I was at Northshore!" Randy chuckled, swapping arms. "100 push-ups in the morning, the afternoon and the evening. And an extra 200 before bed!"

"HaHA and that's only stage one!"

"There's a second stage? And you didn't mention it?" Randy raised an eyebrow only to laugh. "You've been holding out on me? I feel insulted! Haha!"

"Can't give ALL my secrets. How do you think I got these muscles?" He then flexed.

Randy could only laugh a bit more. "Ya know what...that's a fair point. And honestly, at this point I figure I'll get there eventually...so go ahead and keep those secrets. No fun in just being handed all that!"

Yeah...definitely swear that him and Charlie are somehow related...heh, wouldn't put it past Arceus if that was the case.

kMykmrI.png

"Great timin' Ari! There's some people I want you to meet too!"

"There he is! Hey, Mom, let's go over there!" Ari tugged on his mother's hand, practically dragging her over to where Kazo and a couple of other gijinka were in his excitement. "Oh, who are they? Wait...Kazo, are they your brothers?" he remembered Kazo talking about them before. Feeling his throat choke up a little from nerves, the boy swallowed. He was nervous, but...this was also really, really exciting! "Hi, there! My name's Ari, it's super great to meet you! Kazo's talked a lot about you, Kazo's brothers!"

Remembering the person behind him just then, Ari turned around to look at her. His mother was currently staring at one of the brothers--the one with the cape--with surprise, but after a few seconds, she blinked, looking down to meet his gaze with a gentle nod. Feeling a little more confident, the boy turned back to the three. "Mom, this is Kazo and his brothers. Kazo's the one I talked about before." He looked down shyly for a second before looking back up. "He's uh..." he gulped, before setting his expression into one of determination. "He's my big brother! And uh, Mac's cool too, but I don't see her here," he started to babble on, feeling a little embarrassed from his announcement and wanting to get past that point of embarrassment. He couldn't bring himself to look at Kazo's face. "I don't see her anywhere... Well, she'll probably come over when she feels like it. She's just like that." Right at that moment, actually, he caught sight of the Helioptile looking around the ship. "Oh, there she is! Mac, hey Mac!" he jumped up and started waving wildly up and down.

"Most excited you've been to see me." Mac said as she made her way towards them. "About time." She added under her breath.

"Hey, I've been looking for you--" Ari cut himself off with a glance at his mother. He didn't need to embarrass himself by getting into an argument around his mother. "Anyway, this is my mom, Leah! She's really really nice and never loses her cool and stuff!" He had seen other moms blow their tops, but she had never done so, taking everything in with a calm that could be almost scary at times. Except earlier, she had almost cried, which was even scarier. His mom never cried. Because of that, he was a little nervous at how she would take Kazo or his other brothers, but she had said she wanted to meet them, so hopefully, that meant she liked them.

"Hello there, it's nice to meet you all," his mom said, smiling serenely at the group. It was as if her earlier, almost-crying self never was. She gazed at the four with inherent dignity and grace. "Though I've met one of you before," she switched her gaze to the Pupitar. "I'm glad to see you're doing well, Denku. Again, thank you very much for helping us all out earlier. Please pass that on to Beatrice and Fjanna as well if you see them." She paused at the second name, a look of respect flitting over her face. Then she turned to the others, "And Kazo and Mac, I've especially been wanting to meet you two. I've heard you've been taking care of Ariel, and I wanted to thank you for that. He is...a very special person in our home of Pride Rock, and to me as well." She glanced down at Ari questioningly.

The Litleo, who'd been wondering just when his mom had met one of Kazo's brothers, straightened suddenly. Oh. Yeah. He never said it, did he? Ugh...hopefully this didn't make anything weird. Would the others think any less of him for not telling them before? He really was going to tell them, honest! But, with everything that was going on, it slipped his mind, and he also felt like it was wrong to bring it up when he wasn't even worthy of the title yet. His uncle James had told him true kings should go out and prove themselves worthy on journeys, so that's what he had done. It had been rough at first. There had been a trio of Mightyena that had chased after him for a bit, but he had managed to lose them in the end.

"So..." he paused, trying to think of exactly how he'd say this. "Kazo, Mac, there's something I've been keeping from you. Well, not keeping as in I've been keeping it a secret on purpose! I really was going to tell you, but I forgot about it, and--no, that's an excuse. I'm sorry, Kazo," he looked down. "You're still my big brother, no matter what. And Mac, you're still my annoying--"

"Ariel," his mother put a hand on his shoulder, "breathe."

The boy took in a breath then. "Kazo, Kazo's brothers, Mac, umm...my real name isn't Ari. Well, it is, but it's not my full name. I'm actually Prince Ariel of Pride Rock. I set out on this journey to defeat Entei and prove myself a real lion and king!" He shuffled his feet awkwardly before straightening up with a jerk. "But wait, that's not important either! Kazo, Mac, I just found out! Kah might be a Godslayer! And she might be dead! I heard somebody talking about having killed her or something over in Mio..." he struggled for a second. "Mioter. Yeah! Mioter! That's what they said!"

--

8mvNFQT.png

Easter had ended his conversation with Nine at seeing a familiar Flareon, though the conversation had already been nearing its end. He felt the familiar rush of affection overtake him at the sight of the other. It was him. Before, he hadn't been able to handle it, but now...he felt like, now, he was ready. If the other was fine, then, maybe...maybe they could start over again.

"Wow, John Silver, is that you? It's been so long," Easter greeted. The other's confident smile remained the same, but there was something different about it too. It was...a little sad?

"Hey, Easter," the other greeted. "Long time no see. I'm glad to see you're doing well. You look a lot different from before."

"Oh?" the Sylveon looked down at himself. Overall, he still looked the same, so he wasn't sure what John meant. Unless he meant inside? Had that bled over into his outer appearance somehow?

"It's not your clothes," the Flareon chuckled. "It's the way you carry yourself. Before, you were always leaning forward slightly, and your eyes were those of a beast's on the lookout for its next meal. Now...you seem more like a gijinka, less like a wild animal."

"Is that so? I'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or not," the fairy type joked. "But I think I get what you mean. Before, I was always ready for a fight. Now, I suppose that doesn't mean as much to me anymore. Except now, I'm definitely ready to take on those Godslayers!" he pumped a fist. "But I'm surprised to see you here. You were never one for fighting." It was why everybody was surprised when they had started dating. After all, a pacifist paired up with somebody like Easter? It just didn't make sense. But it worked. John's presence had always been a soothing balm from the stresses of everyday ship life. He understood Easter's need to keep training and rise to the top and accepted him for it.

"I'm still not," the man shook his head. "I'm only here because of my boyfriend. He wanted to fight, and I couldn't just leave him to do it alone."

Easter froze. "Your...boyfriend?"

"Yeah," the Flareon nodded toward a Manectric in the distance talking with a small Fletchling girl. "Met him a year or so ago, and we've been going steady ever since."

"I...see," the fairy type struggled to get his thoughts in working order. "That's...I'm really happy for you."

"Easter..." John looked at him with pained eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't think--"

"No, it's fine," the Sylveon interrupted. "I knew...you couldn't wait for me forever. I understood that. And after what had happened, I...wasn't in any state to continue our relationship." He shook his head. "I'm the one that's sorry. I left you. I left everybody in the S.S. Showdown. I ran away from my sorrows instead of facing them." He clenched his fists.

"It wasn't your fault," John said gently. "You weren't the only one that left, Easter. You were just the first. None of us could handle being on the ship after that. Heh, even now, I still feel like I'd rather dive off this ship than stay another minute onboard, and I'm a fire type!" he laughed.

"Really? Well, don't do that," even to Easter, his laugh sounded forced. "Anyway, I should continue making rounds. I think I saw Rei earlier. Should probably go and greet her." He began to walk off but was forced to stop. His wrist was being held in the Flareon's hand. Try as he might, he couldn't bring himself to shake it off.

"Easter...I hope you find somebody too. You deserve it. Don't let this hold you back from anything, all right?"

"...Yeah," the Sylveon swallowed, his eyes misting slightly. "All right."

"Good," John nodded, letting go. "It was good seeing you again. I'm sorry...even if we're not...you know," he paused awkwardly. "You're still special to me, all right? All of us who were on the S.S. Showdown then. We're family, even if we're apart from each other."

"I know..." Easter gave a wobbly smile. "All of you...for me too. Take care, all right?" he nodded.

"Will do so. You too."

"Yeah." The Sylveon turned away, unable to stand the awkward atmosphere any longer. As he began walking, not toward Rei, but toward an alcove on the deck where he knew nobody would bother him, he couldn't help the mess of emotions that churned in his gut.

This was a terrible day.

A small Eevee girl watched him go, her eyes wide. "He said Easter...is that...? Big brother?" But no matter how hard she looked, that looked more like a big sister instead. But...maybe that made sense. Her brother had been kicked out of the house because he would dress up in girls' clothes, after all. Her parents had refused to say anything on the matter, but that's what she had heard from some of the townsfolk in Northshore.

If so, then wasn't this her opportunity? It was true that she had wondered if her brother would be here, but she hadn't held out much hope for it. After all, her brother had never been a fighter. He was good at other stuff, like math, playing the violin, and billiards. That was the only time her parents mentioned him to her, whenever they compared her talent to his. But they had never taught him to fight. They disapproved of fighting and anything associated with it like Chasers. But from what she had overheard...wasn't he actually a good fighter?

If that was so, then maybe...maybe he'd teach her? Growing a little excited, she began to follow after him, but then stopped. "Never mind. I'll ask him later," she decided. Brother or not, he had just been dumped, so he probably wouldn't be in the mood to teach her anyway. "When this is all over, I'll ask. And maybe then I'll get to become super-duper strong like those gijinka that defended the town! Soon they'll be calling me Morgan the Magnificent!" Pumping her fist, she marched away, determination blazing in her eyes.

--

M5kN9eN.png

"Well... no. Realistically, there probably isn't much left, if anything. But that's all the more reason to go back, see. I want you to imagine a spider's web that got torn down while the spider was out looking for food. The spider doesn't just sit down and say 'oh, I guess I'll just not have a web' does it? It builds a new one. So we'll build a new home too. If one little spider can build a new home from scratch, why can't we?"

"A spider, huh?" Keanu scratched his head. "I'm not sure I like that analogy that much, but I think I get what you mean. You're saying we should try to rebuild our home, right? But what's stopping us from building a new one from scratch here?"

"And that's where these legends come in. Put frankly, we're laying our lives on the line for a foreign region against an enemy far stronger than us. If these legends are really that desperate for help, I'd go so far as to say they owe us for saving their hides here. And if we scratch their back by getting rid of these pests, they can take a bit of time off to scratch ours by cleaning out whatever's been causing trouble back home so we can rebuild. They may even want to help with the construction if they're hard workers. Who knows?"

"Well, put it that way, I guess that makes sense," the Raichu replied. "I don't know much about legendaries, but they're supposed to be really powerful, right? Maybe they can do something. But then again, weren't our own legendaries unable to do anything? After all, you saw those two--or maybe you didn't. But wait, you were on the same boat, right?" he shook his head. "Well, Solgaleo and Lunala fled from Alola as well. If our own legendaries can't do anything, who's to say these ones can?" Maybe this was pessimistic of him, but he didn't want to get his hopes up for nothing either. The Mimikyu did have a point though. "Maybe you're right though. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask them and see what they say."

Keanu looked out across the ship to the sea. "The sea is so vast...even if these guys won't do it, it doesn't mean that there aren't gijinka out there that can and will help us. Worst comes to worst, we can just ask for a ship--maybe one like this--and set sail across the waves again." He laughed. "Well...hopefully, that won't happen. I like surfing, but you don't get the really big waves much 'less you're near the shore."

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

Alpha Team Karaoke

It had been a bit since they had defeated Giratina and, for once, Lok was at ease. While things weren't exactly normal, they were at least peaceful. Still, it was hard to enjoy the change of pace after what had happened. What happened to Gwen still lingered in his mind - even though she was safe, things felt... empty without her. He let out a heavy sigh before his train of thought was interrupted by the message from the gods. He hesitated for a moment, contemplating staying home. He had missed the relative peace between then and now, and considered abandoning it all.

However, he knew that wasn't an option. He had gone too far to give up now, and leaving the quest behind now after Gwen had sacrificed herself felt wrong. So, with a heavy heart, he accepted. And, as he did, the world around him vanished in darkness.

S.S. Showdown Team Karaoke

He found himself on a ship of sorts, with various gijinka here and there. He even recognized some of them from Juyu, which made him smile. One of those faces, however, was Fiona. His stomach turned - what was she doing here? Didn't she work for the Godslayers? He tried his best to avoid eye contact as Fiona gave her speech, although for a moment their eyes locked onto each other. "What..." Did she have a change of heart? At least that's what it seemed like what was going on. The girl had already betrayed his trust multiple times, but maybe he had been too hard on her that day. He really didn't want to talk to her, he knew it was going to be awkward. However, he felt like he had to tie up loose ends. As he was contemplating on what to do, he felt Nine pat him on the back, nudging him to go talk to her. He blushed. "O-Oh, yeah... I probably should, huh? Haven't seen her in a bit - crazy, she's here now huh? I never thought I'd see her..." He rambled on as Nine moved on to talk to others. He let out a sigh. "Ok Lok, you can do this... you've talked to a bunch of people before... just a simple 'how's it been' and you're golden! Ha... ha..." Nervously, he made his way towards Fiona, thinking about what he was going to say.

Eventually, Lok found Fiona among the crowd. As casual as he could pretend to be, he walked up to her. "Hey... It's uh... It's been a while, hasn't it?" He said, with a nervous chuckle. "Didn't think I'd run into you here... or ever, really..." The worst thing he feared was happening.

It was awkward.

Edited by REP

Fiona had attempted to fade in with the crowd once she was done with her speech. It wasn't so easy though as there were so many eyes on her. No matter where she went on the deck at least one person would be watching her. Some even approached her, aggression in their manner, but they were steered away by one of the crew members.

She was thankful for them. Most anyone else, hearing her story, would have tossed her over the side. She had arrived shortly before everyone else but Captain, and the rest, had been kind to her. Though she did have to promise to fight one of them later. The Fire girl was certainly eager.

It was good that the crew stopped the others though. She wasn't sure she'd be able to stop herself from lashing out were she confronted right now. So high strung was her emotions.

She was just about to slip below deck when... "Hey... It's uh... It's been a while, hasn't it? Didn't think I'd run into you here... or ever, really..."

Fiona froze and turned over to the voice. Lok. Immediately her mind went to their last conversation and she instinctively bristled. "What do you wa-" Then she stopped herself. "Ah, yeah, I guess. So suppose you, uh, are alive." Well that was a dumb thing to say. Of course he was. Unless she was hallucinating. Which wasn't actually all that improbable. The girl reached a hand out and pinched the boy's cheek and, when she realized he was real, pulled back quickly. "Right, so...well I thought about it. After, you know, and I guess I figured out that I didn't really want to be....there. That even if they did change the world...I wouldn't really have a place in it." She blushed and looked away. "But I'm not going to say you were right, okay?"

"We brought Isole back. Safe and sound."

Captain looked over from Taiga, having just finished responding, and looked the other girl up and down. "Ahh, where one of you beauties are the other is always soon to follow." He said. He didn't particularly feel like explaining his situation a second time so he casually glossed over Scarlet's other statement. Then he looked around towards where they had come from, where Isole had also appeared, and nodded. "I figured she would be fine. Even if you ran into trouble she wouldn't have stuck around if she couldn't handle it. Honestly I'm still shocked that she wanted to go along. She has been a bit...harder to get to interact than the rest." He then shook Scarlet's hand and leaned down to give it a kiss. "Thank you for taking care of that girl. She's had a rough time of it." He grinned then. "I'll be sure to get all the juicy details of your adventure from her later. You better have been a good influence." He finished with a wink.

"Anyway, this is my mom, Leah! She's really really nice and never loses her cool and stuff!"

Mac clammed up as soon as she saw the woman. This would be her second time meeting the mother of one of her group and honestly she was a bit annoyed at how much cooler they seemed than her own parents. The woman had an impressive air about her that made Mac feel like she should be standing at attention or something.

However she couldn't help but let slip a little snort when the woman called Ari by his full name.

With a following cough to cover it up Mac responded. "It's, um, nice to meet you." Then shaking her head as though to fling off the meekness she stood taller and, looking at the, larger than she realized at first, group she declared. "Don't worry about thanking Kazo; I'm the one who took care of both of them. As the leader of the group I had to you see."

There was something odd about the way the woman spoke that Mac couldn't place her finger on. Until Ari spoke up and gave them the truth about him.

He was actually someone important? Wait, but all those times she said he was her flunky...No, no, that just meant she was that much more awesome than she thought. She had been bossing around a prince!

The news about Kah caused her to frown but, honestly, she still felt bitter about it all. Kah had lied and betrayed them. She was the farthest thing from a hero, like Mac. Her voice a bit more rough than before she spoke up. "Well if she's still alive, and still on their side, I'll just have to take her down too. That's our job now isn't it, Kazo? Prince Ariel?" At the last she couldn't hold back and snorted again. "Ariel, heh."

Dora was still wandering about when she noticed another familiar face. Though this time it was a face that she had seen a lot of lately. It was Easter's face. But, she realized, it was a sad Easter face. That wouldn't do at all. Not when there's all this exciting stuff going on!

She waddled her way over to them with a determined expression. Bumping into the Sylveon Dora looked up at her. "Are you sad?" She asked. Then she pressed her face against Easter, still looking up, and continued, "did someone take away your candy?"

"Oh, who are they? Wait...Kazo, are they your brothers?" he remembered Kazo talking about them before. Feeling his throat choke up a little from nerves, the boy swallowed. He was nervous, but...this was also really, really exciting! "Hi, there! My name's Ari, it's super great to meet you! Kazo's talked a lot about you, Kazo's brothers!"

"Hey, nice to meet ya to, little buddy!" Sai said with a smile, with Denku more distracted with the woman behind Ari. Wasn't that... the queen of Pride Rock...? So didn't that mean that Ari was... a prince? And Kazo seemed pretty comfortable with him, so either he had known for a long time or didn't know at all.

"Mom, this is Kazo and his brothers. Kazo's the one I talked about before. He's uh..." he gulped, before setting his expression into one of determination. "He's my big brother!"

"Eeeeeeeeeeey! You got your little bro! That's great, man!" Sai laughed heartily as he threw an arm around Kazo's shoulder's, who blushed and scratched his cheek. Denku chuckled and punched the Gabite's arm.

"Looks like you ain't the youngest anymore," he joked.

"I'm just glad he sees me that way," Kazo muttered, embarrassed.

"Anyway, this is my mom, Leah! She's really really nice and never loses her cool and stuff!"

"Hello there, it's nice to meet you all, though I've met one of you before," she switched her gaze to the Pupitar. "I'm glad to see you're doing well, Denku. Again, thank you very much for helping us all out earlier. Please pass that on to Beatrice and Fjanna as well if you see them. And Kazo and Mac, I've especially been wanting to meet you two. I've heard you've been taking care of Ariel, and I wanted to thank you for that. He is... a very special person in our home of Pride Rock, and to me as well."

"I... I don't deserve your thanks... I didn't help much at all," Denku muttered, before Kazo and Sai both gave Denku a look.

"Oy, oy, just take the thanks, you downer," Sai commented.

"Yeah, you're way too hard on yourself, bro, like always," Kazo added.

"So... Kazo, Mac, there's something I've been keeping from you,"  Kazo looked over to Ari, a bit confused. What could he be possible hiding?

"... Oh shit, he doesn't know...," Denku muttered.

"Doesn't know what?" Sai asked.

"Wait, Den, what don't I know?!" Kazo added, to with Denku shook his head, not answering.

"Well, not keeping as in I've been keeping it a secret on purpose! I really was going to tell you, but I forgot about it, and--no, that's an excuse. I'm sorry, Kazo," he looked down. "You're still my big brother, no matter what. And Mac, you're still my annoying--"

"Ariel," his mother put a hand on his shoulder, "breathe."

The boy took in a breath then. "Kazo, Kazo's brothers, Mac, umm...my real name isn't Ari. Well, it is, but it's not my full name. I'm actually Prince Ariel of Pride Rock. I set out on this journey to defeat Entei and prove myself a real lion and king!" He shuffled his feet awkwardly before straightening up with a jerk. "But wait, that's not important either! Kazo, Mac, I just found out! Kah might be a Godslayer! And she might be dead! I heard somebody talking about having killed her or something over in Mio..." he struggled for a second. "Mioter. Yeah! Mioter! That's what they said!"

W-wait, what? Kazo took in a deep breath, closing his eyes and breathing a little. Well, that explained... quite a bit. Now he was regretting some of the things he said to.

"Okay, give me a second, you dropped a lot on me at once...," Kazo muttered.

"Well if she's still alive, and still on their side, I'll just have to take her down too. That's our job now isn't it, Kazo? Prince Ariel?" At the last she couldn't hold back and snorted again. "Ariel, heh."

"Yeah, you're right. If she's---,"

"She's dead," Denku suddenly stated bluntly, Kazo stumbling over his next words, before turning to Denku, a questioning look on his face. Before he could get the question out, Denku continued. "I was in Mioter. She died trying to kill Reshiram. ... I'm sorry, I wasn't the one who killed her, but I saw it with my own eyes,"

"You... you haven't changed in 10 years, bro," Kazo muttered. "I think I now need a minute...,"

"You know, you guys sure did meet a lot of the same people," Sai commented. "Or at least people connected to the same people," Denku shrugged while Kazo shook his head.

"Anyways... I think Imma keep calling Ari, 'Ari', unless he wants me to call him Prince Ariel," Kazo commented.

"I'm gonna call him Ariel," Sai commented. "But in exchange, he gets to call Denku Denden like back in the day,"

"Please no,"

"Too late! He has the right as the youngest of the brotherhood!" Kazo and Sai stated at the same time before laughing in sync. Denku sighed and rubbed his head, seemingly accepting his fate.

hqWiIfT.png

"Well, put it that way, I guess that makes sense. I don't know much about legendaries, but they're supposed to be really powerful, right? Maybe they can do something. But then again, weren't our own legendaries unable to do anything? After all, you saw those two--or maybe you didn't. But wait, you were on the same boat, right? Well, Solgaleo and Lunala fled from Alola as well. If our own legendaries can't do anything, who's to say these ones can?"

There was also that issue. Nani had seen them - however briefly - and simply put they didn't look good at the time. However, Nani had a theory about that. Put simply, the mysterious invaders had the element of surprise on their side at that time. Nobody expected it, nobody was ready for it, and nobody had time to think about how to fight back against it. With some time to prepare, it only made sense that these two Legends - perhaps with some backup - would be able to turn the tables, despite what was probably a huge disadvantage in numbers.

Or so she would have liked to think. But the fact that these Godslayers - supposedly able to kill Legends outright - could be fought on relatively even footing by three average joes and a pro wrestler had Nani suddenly doubting just what Legends were really capable of. Indeed, they had called to not only these same average joes, but plenty of other rather normal-looking people from across the region. Maybe they just had a really good PR team or something.

"Maybe you're right though. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask them and see what they say. The sea is so vast...even if these guys won't do it, it doesn't mean that there aren't gijinka out there that can and will help us. Worst comes to worst, we can just ask for a ship--maybe one like this--and set sail across the waves again. Well...hopefully, that won't happen. I like surfing, but you don't get the really big waves much 'less you're near the shore."

"I'm with you on that. One boat trip was already one more than I would have liked to take. But it's something we'll have to do unless we all find a way to fly back home." Now that was a thought. In theory, Nani could make something work out for herself, though she doubted she'd have the stamina to cross the entire ocean. Marie would probably be right at home in the water, and Keanu could just kind of surf his way along. Which left Randy. He was a big guy. Shipping him home by air wouldn't be an easy task.

"Where would you even want to live if we settled down here? Sure we've been to some places, but it seems like there's still plenty left to see around here before making a decision on that scale."

S.S. Showdown Team Showdown

Scarlet chuckled at the captain. "Glad you're just as charming as I remember." She said sarcastically, shaking hands with the captain, before turning over Isole. "She was good company... even if she could be a bit cold at times." She chuckled, turning back to the captain. "So... I heard you stole the ship from the ol' green man? That's bold!" She said with a laugh. "We basically worked for him the past few days gathering Legendaries. It's been a very hectic adventure..." She said with a sigh. "Well, for your sake I hope Rayquaza's able to look past that after this." She said with a chuckle, flashing a smile at the captain.

S.S. Showdown Team Karaoke

Fiona seemed to be ready to snap at him, Lok flinching as he got ready to be shouted at yet again, but her tone changed. "Yeah, I guess I am alive... barely, but definitely alive... I see you- OW!" He said with a nervous chuckle, before being interrupted by the girl pinching his cheeks. Lok rubbed his cheek, although he smiled as the girl talked about changing her mind. "That's... that's ok. As long as you came to your senses somehow, and you're ok." He said, relaxing his shoulders. He frowned a bit. "I... I shouldn't have flipped out that hard on you. I saw you with one of the Godslayers, and I..."

"...I should have been more understanding. Or more convincing, I guess maybe. I don't know, I was upset... I shouldn't have left you alone that day..." His face blushed a bit. "I'm just... glad you're ok, ok?" He placed his hand behind his head. "And hey, maybe when this is all over we can... hang out, or..." His face was bright red now, as he turned away in embarrassment. "A-ah, never mind! Forget I said anything!"

Brooke shook her head. She really couldn’t believe it. Little Heather, all grown up and Sheriff of a whole town. “I…” What was Heather’s question supposed to mean? And what was with that look on her face? “Wouldn’t really say I left that place. It was more like that place left me,” she chucked at her own attempt at a joke. The humor didn’t last long. “Deku’s gone. It was leveled when Thundurus threw a temper tantrum. Rumor has it someone stiffed him in some game and he decided the whole city had to pay for it.” She snorted dismissively. “What about you? How’d you end up… well, here?”

It was just so surreal. Since leaving Deku she had met Sada and Phineas, but they had been all but the same as when she had seen them last. Heather was an adult now. A full-blown and very powerful adult who had probably done and seen more than she ever had. 

kMykmrI.png

Ari felt his chest, which had been super wound up and tense, start to relax at hearing that...Kazo accepted him as a brother? In fact, he was glad about it? And his brothers accepted him too?!

This was the best day. Ever.

While he was thinking that, his mom was talking to the Pupitar she had called Denku. "You did far more than you needed to. You went above and beyond and saved our god. For that, no thanks I give will ever be enough," she did a short bow, which shocked Ari a bit. His mom never bowed.

The Litleo's brief burst of happiness deflated at seeing Kazo looking overwhelmed. Shuffling his feet, the boy continued to blab, "Sorry, sorry, I know I should've said that sooner, I just..." he paused, and then finished in a much smaller voice, "...didn't want you to think differently of me or anything." After a bit, he turned to Mac with a glare, sticking out his tongue. "I wasn't worried about you though. And don't call me that! I know you're making fun of me somehow...and it sounds weird coming from you anyway!" He turned to Kazo. "Same to you...big brother Kazo!" he grinned. "Just call me Ari, or uhh...little bro!" he'd heard the others use that word, and it sounded...just like the kind of thing he wanted to be called too! As part of this "brotherhood" now.

Hearing that Kah was dead though was...well, just like Kazo, Ari needed a minute too. He had already suspected that for a long time now but having it confirmed felt like somebody was punching his tummy. Or his chest. Either one. "So...she's gone," he drooped. "She really went bad. I know...she tried to kill Latias, but I guess I hoped she'd still come back to us." Thinking about her led him to think about Suiten as well, or Keldeo as he had turned out to be. That whole day had just been really, really bad. Keldeo would never have left if Kah hadn't acted the way she had, and she had also ended up leaving the group as well.

But part of him realized that, along the way, he had also gotten used to those two being gone. "Well, even if she's gone, and Keldeo too, it's not so bad because I've got you two! Kazo and Mac! And now you two!" he turned to the brothers, before jerking upright. "Oh, and of course, you too, Mom!"

His mom smiled. "Yes, I'll always be with you, my little Ariel," she scooped him up for a hug, which he let happen for a bit before he wriggled out of her grasp with an "okay, okay Mom. I already told you that I'm all growed up now."

"Of course you are," she smiled indulgently down at him, ruffling his hair one last time before stepping back quickly so he couldn't retaliate, chuckling slightly.

"You know, you guys sure did meet a lot of the same people," Sai commented. "Or at least people connected to the same people."

"Oh yeah! It's as Zago always says!" Ari beamed. "It's a small world after all!"

"I'm gonna call him Ariel," the Excadrill, Sai, commented. "But in exchange, he gets to call Denku Denden like back in the day,"

"Please no."

"Too late! He has the right as the youngest of the brotherhood!" Kazo and Sai stated at the same time before laughing in sync. Denku sighed and rubbed his head, seemingly accepting his fate.

"Yeah! I'm the youngest of the brotherhood!" the Litleo clenched his hands into fists happily, waving them from side to side like maracas. "In that case, uhh...it's nice to meet you, Sai...Denden!" he beamed as he shouted the last word. After a few seconds though, he turned to the Helioptile who was still there. "Oh, almost forgot about you Mac." He stuck out his tongue again. "You can be uhh...a bratty sister or something maybe," he snickered.

"Are you sure it's just that and not something else?" his mother asked with a straight face. "What about a possible betrothed?"

"Huh?"

"One day, you'd marry her." She looked dead serious, though the corners of her mouth started to twitch.

"What?! Yuck! I can't marry her, she's my...friend," Ari paused before finally admitting how he actually felt about Mac with reluctance. Now she'll never let me live that down! He wanted to groan. "Besides, marriage is yucky anyway. No, I'm gonna be a strong and silent single man just like Kazo!" he shouted, pumping his fist. "He never lets women get to him! Like with that pretty lady Melody, he remained so cool through that!" Sure, there was some stuttering, but Ari knew the truth now. The Gabite had been just trying to make the Miloticthink he had fallen for her beauty. She was really pretty, so it only makes sense that he'd have to pretend like that.

At that, his mother finally began to laugh, though it still came out sounding rather dignified. But that was just how she was. "Hmm, fine, but don't forget what you said when you get older."

"I'll never forget!" the Litleo nodded vigorously. "I'll be too busy being awesome and the best lion and the...youngest of the brotherhood!" he jumped in the air happily.

He'd found out some not so good things today, but he also found out some really good things today. So they balanced each other out. More than did, because he was now officially Kazo's little brother! And he had two new brothers too!

This really was the best day.

--

8mvNFQT.png

As Easter walked, he felt his tendrils drooping, shoulders slumping. The last time he had felt this terrible was the day that Fawkes had left the group. And, just like then, it was his own actions that had caused it. His inability to see how Fawkes felt had led to the Zorua's departure, and his inability to handle being around the other members of the S.S. Showdown had led to...this. Realistically, he knew he couldn't expect John Silver to wait for him to sort out his issues. Still, there had been a sort of thought that, no matter what, the other would always be there for him.

And he will. Just not in the same way. It hurt to think that those times that he shared with the other would forever be a thing of the past, that he couldn't make new, precious memories like that with him anymore. That instead, John would look at somebody else with that calm, confident smile and tell them that he loved--

The Sylveon shook his head. John couldn't be blamed for moving on. Rather, wasn't he the weird one, for still carrying a flame for him even after a year or so, after he had left in the first place? If he had really wanted the relationship to keep going, he should have stayed. He knew that, and yet...

And yet, it still hurt.

The fairy type marched through the crowd, uncaring if he was rude or not. He bumped into a Krookodile who let out a curse, "Watch where you're going--oh! Ahem," the gijinka looked taken aback, before coughing. "Ahh, sorry, miss, did you need my..." he trailed off at seeing that the pretty Sylveon had already left.

That man was a dark type. Before, that meant something. It meant it was time to lay on the charm, bat the eyes a couple of times, maybe tilt his head to the side cutely, and then get the two of them alone for some "private time"...where he would then vent his hatred and frustrations by beating the other into the ground--or deck, in this case.

But right now, he wasn't in the mood for that. Actually, he hadn't been in the mood for that for a while now. He had responsibilities now. He couldn't just play around and make a possible enemy who then might go after Dora.

Almost as if his thoughts had summoned her, the Wooper appeared and bumped into his back. "Are you sad?" She asked. Then she pressed her face against Easter, still looking up, and continued, "did someone take away your candy?"

Easter shook his head, letting out a weak chuckle. "No...no," he smiled wanly. "Nobody took it away...I gave it up on my own." For some reason, he found it hilarious to refer to his relationship this way. So hilarious he wanted to laugh. And then laugh some more. And more. Until there would be nothing left but laughter. But that would scare Dora. "I left it on the ground," his smile widened into a freakish grin, "and I expected it to still be there. But it wasn't. Isn't that...so funny?" his breath hitched. "Yeah...funny." The smile slipped off his face as he gazed sightlessly down at the deck.

Dora stared up at Easter. "Is floor candy good? If you put it on the floor it probably has a buncha dirt and stuff. Even if you got it back I'm sure it'd taste all icky and not like you wanted." She nodded sagely. "Candy should be eaten right away or not at all." She then plopped her chin against Easter and continued to look up. "So now you just gotta find new candy. I can help!"

The Sylveon blinked, staring down at her nonplussed before he realized that the edges of the Wooper were starting to look blurred. Is this...am I...crying? How long had it been since he had last shed tears--actual genuine tears? "I don't think..." his throat closed up, making it hard to breathe or talk. He took in a deep, ragged breath then, "I don't think I can find new candy. It won't taste the same." He squeezed his eyes shut and turned away as small droplets fell to the deck. "But you're right. No matter what...it would never have tasted the same." The Eeveelution took a deep breath. He couldn't afford to lose it around Dora. Chuckling, he crouched down slightly to pat her head. "Thanks, Dora," he smiled, though this one was far gentler than the almost-crazed one from before. "You're pretty smart, you know?"

Dora gave a proud huff and nodded. "I AM smart! Also, also, also, you don't want to have the same old candy anyway. Like like like...What if you want something sour next?"

"Sour, huh?" Easter thought about it for a second. "I usually prefer sweet things, but...you have a point. Maybe it's time for something different." As his emotions started to settle slightly, he felt himself come to a realization. I might have lost John...and my relationship with the others of the S.S. Showdown might never be the same as it once was...but I've made new ties. Met new people who I've come to care for. Like Dora. He leaned down and hugged the Wooper, taking care not to use too much strength. "What would I do without you?" he muttered. And Brooke and Denku as well. Though from what he had seen earlier, the Pupitar had found the brother he was looking for. The Sylveon was happy for him, but also a little sad at the thought of them parting ways after this. But, as today had reinforced for him, that was how life went. People would come and go, but their memories, at least, would remain.

"All right, I feel better now." He wasn't being entirely truthful there. It would take time before he could entirely reconcile himself with his new position in John's heart...and the new person in his as well. Just the thought of that Manectric was upsetting, but at least he wasn't trying to pick a fight with him as he would have before. He had grown. His heart lightened at the thought. It wasn't just John who had grown. He had as well. And a large part of that was due to the little scamp currently bouncing on the deck next to him. "Do you want to go find the others now?"

"Hm...no, let's go make new friends!"

Easter stared at her in shock before laughing outright. "All right then, let's." Picking up the Wooper and settling her on his shoulders, he began to walk around the deck, following her lead as she directed him to random people and places.

He wasn't okay...but he would be. He would have to be…

For Dora and the others.

--

M5kN9eN.png

Keanu was glad to see that Nani was giving his words some real thought. It wasn't that he didn't want to go home. On the one hand, it was home! Alola! He couldn't just forget about it, or the memories he made there, so easily. But on the other hand, was there anything left there to build? They could just rebuild it from the ground up, but who's to say they wouldn't find their steps dogged by the very ones who had destroyed their home? It would certainly be a lot easier to rebuild here, especially considering Keanu didn't even know how to get back to Alola. Maybe Solgaleo or Lunala would know, but he didn't. He was a surfer, not a sailor, so he had never learned all those sailor-y things like navigation and tying ropes.

But if there were still people left at Alola, if the beasts were gone, if they even managed to find their way back...if all of these lined up, then yeah. Going back to Alola wouldn't be so bad. But again, he was no sailor, and he'd rather not stay too far away from shore if he could help it.

"I'm with you on that. One boat trip was already one more than I would have liked to take. But it's something we'll have to do unless we all find a way to fly back home." Oh, flying. Hey, that could work then. Maybe they could ask the captain of this ship for help?

"Where would you even want to live if we settled down here? Sure we've been to some places, but it seems like there's still plenty left to see around here before making a decision on that scale."

"Not sure...but probably somewhere near the sea," the Raichu replied. "And I just thought of something...what if this ship is the one to take us back? That way, we wouldn't have to worry about sailing, and if it's too dangerous, then..." he frowned. "Well, then we'll head back. And make a home for ourselves here. Though again, not too sure where I'd want to stay. I think you're right on that--we'd need to take a tour of the region before we can really decide." He stretched his arms out before relaxing them against the back of his head. "That sounds pretty fun. Like some sort of vacation. Maybe they even have luaus here!"

He sobered up slightly but a smile still remained on his face. "Well, whatever happens, I'm not too worried." Because he knew that he had three trusty friends at his side, to watch his back, and he theirs.

Not that he'd ever tell them, of course. That'd be way too uncool.

The Attack

Time passed as the ship made its way for the island that Mioter once floated above. Those aboard had a short amount of time to prepare themselves. Some took this time to meet up with friends, or family, they had missed. Some decided to prepare their bodies. Others still simple rested. Thinking of the hours that were to come.

It was a moment unlike any other in years. Gijinka from all across the region, some even from other regions entirely, banding together to face a threat to their very existence.

They all felt it before even catching sight of the island. An intense pressure that washed over them. The natural instincts of a Gijinka, going back to primitive times, flared up. "Danger" it screamed at them. "Danger like never before." But it was too late to back out now. The ship wasn't stopping for anything.

Once the first view of the island came to them all they could see was a huge cloud. Dust, dirt, ashes, all mingling together over what was undoubtedly a battlefield. Above these clouds the weather seemed at odds. Both harsh sunlight and rain fought to dominate each other.

Yet still they couldn't see anything of the battle itself.

Until figures began to emerge from the clouds. Purple figures which looked as though a swarm of locusts were descending on them. And then beams of energy shot from the figures and struck the ship. Rocking it violently and causing several to clutch the side lest they fall off.

10. 20. More. Dozens of figures were now approaching the ship and they hadn't reached the island yet. "Alright crew, get to your stations, its time to bust out our secret weapon." Captain called out to his Rotom crew. They all scrambled towards what had seemed to simply be a small arena for combat practice. But as they approached it split open and a large rod emerged from underneath it. Each of the Rotom took place around it and started channeling electricity into the device.

With a thunderous boom a massive bolt of lightning shot from the top of the rod and struck the formation of attackers. Knocking several of them out of the sky and scattering others. "Keep it up!" Captain ordered. "We must reach the island or we're all doomed!"

The rod fired again, and again, each bolt steadily decreasing in power. But the swarm was, for the most part, unable to get to the ship as it continued on its way. And then one landed near the edge of the ship, several feet from Easter.

It was tall, six feet in height, and covered in purple, chitinous, armor. Their face was feminine yet emotionless and their eyes were glowing red. Over one shoulder was a tube-shaped weapon of some sort. Several onboard would recognize it as the creature who had attacked Mioter days ago. Others may notice it bore a resemblance to a mythical warrior of ancient times called Genesect. Though its body seemed less like that of a living creature.

The weapon on its shoulder began to glow a grayish color. Aimed at Easter.

Together Again

And then it was struck suddenly by a flurry of attacks. Razor Leaf, Flamethrower, Psybeam, a rainbow of attacks that struck the strange warrior all at once. Standing in a line were an assortment of Eeveelutions where the attack had originated from.

The Genesect creature stumbled back, smoke coming from its body. Then it glowed white and Self-Destructed, forcing those nearby to take cover and blasting a small hole in the deck.

The Landing

One of the Eeveelutions, a Jolteon, called back to the captain. "Hey Cappin, much as I love being on this boat again I don't think it can take much more."

"You're probably right there." Captain said, as more of those things got nearer and began to fire off their lasers at the hull of the ship. "Alright everyone!" He called out. "This is it. Brace yourself, gonna be a crash landing! As soon as we hit the dirt we'll be in the thick of it! Don't stop until you reach the goal and make sure to cover each other!"

The ship pitched forward and began making a direct path down towards ground level again. Picking up speed as the lightning rod fired off a few last bursts of energy. It was a blur of motion and a cacophony of shouts as the ship crashed into the shore, burying its bow into the dirt.

Once it stopped the Gijinka on board began to leap off.

Now that they were under the clouds they could see the battlefield for what it was.

BGM

An army of the Genesect were scattered throughout. And in the midst of the battlefield were dozens of Legends. More than any of them had seen in one place by far.

From Azelf and his brothers, creating barriers and tossing the warriors into each other, to Ho-Oh, creating a torrent of flames to destroy several at once. Emerging from the sea was even Regigigas, the massive man picking up Genesect and throwing them clear across the battlefield. Keldeo and the Swords of Justice were darting across the field, blocking lethal attacks aimed for their comrades, and delivering powerful blows in retaliation. Even several Legends from other regions had come to aid their brothers and sisters. Solgaleo's roar echoed throughout the field as Lunala rained fire from above.

Yet it was clear that the enemy outnumbered the Legends greatly. Several Legends seemed to have already taken serious wounds. But none of them were backing down.

And neither could the rest of them.

As soon as each Gijinka left the boat they'd be waylaid by at least one, often more, of the strange artificial Gijinka. Each of them had the same goal in mind. Get to the center of the island, and enter the Godslayer's base.

The Smallest Among Us

Captain, one of the last off the ship, held back and looked towards several of the Gijinka that had come with. All of them the youngest among them. He had a pained expression as he looked them over. "Stay near the boat. No need to get yourselves killed. Us adults can handle this." And then he took off into the air, body shimmering and transforming as he did.

Of the youngest Gijinkas the one that was closest to the edge was none other than Mac. She glanced back at the other younger members. Which included Ari, and a couple Water types she had never seen before, and she shook her head.

"Can't believe it. Even at the end of the world they still don't think we have what it takes. Well you know what I say? Screw that! I don't know about you but I've fought more than hard enough to earn some respect. And sure, maybe we're not as big as em, or as experienced, but what does that matter?"

She stepped onto the edge of the ship and looked onto the battlefield. "Look at this. If we lose here that's it. Nothing more. World ends." She looked back at the others. "So what's the point staying behind? Even if we can only do a little we have to try, right?"

She frowned and reached into her bag. "Didn't want to have to use this so soon but now or never." And took out a sun shaped stone.

BGM

Her body started to glow and transform. She grew several inches taller, her frills receded back into nubs at the top of her head, and her tail elongated. She had evolved into a Heliolisk.

"Alright, who's with me? We're gonna go show these thugs why they can't mess with our world! Time to kick some butt!"

With that she jumped over the edge of the boat. Followed closely behind by Dora, who had a serious look on her young face, and both started to run as soon as they landed.

Mac took off straight forward. Several of the Genesect moved towards her and she skidded to a halt. Then, glancing around to make sure none of her allies were near, let loose an electrical blast that enveloped the area and shocked the Genesects. None of them went down but she had enough time to dart over towards one, aiming to take it out at the leg.

Dora, stumbling her way across the ground but somehow staying standing despite moving at full speed, opened her mouth up and shot out a blast of mud that struck the Genesect Mac was heading for. Hitting its face and distracting it as Mac let loose a Low Sweep along its ankle, knocking it down. "They ain't so tough! Come on, let's keep going!" She called out as she continued on her path towards the center of the island. There was still plenty in between her and them but she was sure she'd be able to get through.

The Wooper had let out an excited squeal as their attack landed and didn't notice as one of the Genesects struck her with several metallic objects. She winced from the pain but then her body glowed and she let a burst of energy out of it and toppled the Genesect that had struck her. Not enough to destroy it, or cause it to Self-Destruct, but enough that the small girl was able to slip past.

"I bet papa and mama would think I'm really cool right now!" Dora said, diving headfirst, literally, into the fray.

Azriel, Disciple of Arceus

The old Medicham looked over the field and fought back tears. It had really come to this. All these years, all the triumphs and failures he had seen, it was all leading up to this. A battle against a twisted enemy. One who, while perhaps once they had an honorable goal, had fallen to darkness far too deep to penetrate.

And he had simply watched. The "gift" of immortality he was granted to serve as Arceus's disciple had come with it many conditions. The most important one was that he was to remain neutral. He had been given great strength but he was to use that to guide, not fight, and it caused him to stand back as others had to fight to protect the land many times.

But not today.

Even if it broke the conditions of the "gift" he would do battle with these foes to ensure these brave, young, warriors would not die for their cause. He would use every last ounce of his power to protect them. And bring his own judgement down on these villains.

His body changed, becoming stronger, more limber, and scarf-like appendages appeared along his back. He dove into the battle, knee crashing into one of the Genesect and shattering its armor in one blow.

If this were to be his last battle he would be sure to make it one that would be remembered for ages.

Important OOC Must Read

Spoiler

To clarify the "young gijinka" mentioned in Mac's part is for sure Mac, Ari, Dora, and Marie. But it could include some of the younger NPCs and if you think your PC is young enough to count (Like maybe Kazo or Lok, though not necessary)

Here we go. Into the thick of it. The plan is that this will be two rounds, at most (really, no more, that's it, just two rounds so be sure to post). The goal is to fight through the army of Genesect and reach around the center of the island. Next week I'll continue with Mac and Dora and have them arrive at the destination so I can describe it for you all.

Each enemy is strong but, as they're basically mass produced soldiers, they aren't on the level of Legends or Godslayers, not even as strong as the Genesect NND encountered.

I'm giving more/less free reign. With the first round react to this stuff and start going through. With the second you'll finish fighting through and reach the destination.

You can ham it up a bit as long as you remember these aren't one-shot mooks. They're dangerous and if a couple gang up on you it's bad. You can also get NPC assists and PC assists just be sure to ask whoever controls them.

Now, for info on the Genesects

Moves: Magnet Rise. Magnet Bomb. Metal Sound. Self-Destruct. Techno Blast (Can change Type of attack at will, but takes a couple seconds)

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

They were in the thick of it now. Once the ship hit land, after quite the flashy finish of some strange armored creature that resembled some mythical warrior, but Randy couldn't quite put his finger on which one that resembled. In any case, the ship landed and there he saw it: the battlefield. A whole army of these strange armored creatures against the Legends...and what really got the Incineroar going was hearing a powerful and noble roar coming from the battlefield. A smirk appeared on his face...the roar felt comforting...he had a wild guess on who let loose that powerful roar: Solgaleo.

...they made it and they're alright! Heh, all I needed to know. Randy thought, smirking a bit more.

At the moment, he saw the Gijinka gathered begin to hop out the ship and make their way onto the battlefield. Randy, for a moment, hesitated. Running head first into the fray was something he was always doing. This time? This time the Incineroar had a different plan of action: trying to plan. He glanced over at Nani, Keanu and Marie before flashing them a grin and a thumbs up.

"Well...guess this is where the rubber meets the road, huh?" Randy asked, chuckling. "I'm going to do my damnedest to get you three through this...just trust me. We're going to try and back each other up. After all, this little group is pretty much ohana now, am I wrong?" he turned his head, giving a huge smile now. "Nani! Keanu! Heh...see if you can make sure Marie stays in one place. Don't need her acting more and more like me, am I wrong?" Was it a good plan? Not in the slightest...but out of the group, he was muscle of the group. He'd push through this and make a path for them...of that, he was certain.

With that, he flipped his collar up and made his way to the edge of the boat. "Alright...spotlight's on you, Roarton...give them hell." he muttered to himself, steeling his resolve as he threw his head back and let loose a loud roar, before he leaped off the edge of it, and landing into the battlefield's fray.

BGM

The Genesect turned to look at strange manner this Incineroar was acting, but nevertheless, they began to make their way towards him. ....Big mistake.

Randy ran his hands through his hair some, before smirking some. "Alright morons...let's see what you got!" he roared, rushing towards one of the Genesect, before using a swift Acrobatics, to move behind the creature and immediately grabbing it's arm, thusly proceeding to swing it around like a rag doll...before launching it away from him. "Hehe...let's call that one...the Soaring Mandibuzz!" he said, before dodging slightly from a quick Magnet Bomb from another. "Slow maneuver there, loser."

The Incineroar growled a bit and then began to have a pair of fiery jaws appear before him as he used a Fire Fang on one, definitely doing some damage. However, it was clear that this one was going to give the Incineroar a surprise. Randy noticed it immediately using Self-Destruct, trying to do quite the damage to him along with those around it. However, Randy quickly fired a Fire Blast over in front of him and directed it downward to propel himself away from the suicide blast. Of course he landed a bit a ways from it when exploded...but he didn't leave unscathed, it did rattle his brains some.

"...got Self-Destruct, do ya? Figures..." Randy growled a bit, getting up and dusting himself off. "No big deal though...still nothing but something to give my knuckles a work out."

EOlaaCE.png?1

With the group starting to descend towards the island, a sudden attack had caused the whole boat to rock. Despite everything that he had experienced so far, Nine still couldn't help but be surprised at the sight of what was attacking them. A strange gijinka of which the likes that he had never seen before in life. Their bodies were metal and they did nothing but fight, using a technique that Nine as well had never seen before. However, the most surprising thing about them was how many of them there were. And how identical they all were. All the same, Nine couldn't do much but pray that the ship could hold out for them to get to the shore. And they did so roughly. Barely able to keep his footing steady at the crash landing, crouching down and using his hands to balance, Nine looked up to see the breath taking scene before him. 

There were more of the strange metallic creatures, and fighting them were the legends. More legends then Nine could ever have possibly imagined seeing at once. And all of them fighting to the death against these creatures. Were this any situation, Nine could simply stay still and stare awestruck at this display. But he wasn't here to just watch a fight play out before him. There were legends that needed saving. Godslayers that needed defeating. And the world at stake. Thinking it along those lines, Nine found it almost comical how things drastically things had changed since he started, though it wasn't like this was the first time he had the fate of the world on his shoulders. "Let's see if I can live up to that cheesy nickname," Nine joked to himself before jumping off the boat. 

With that, the Chaser began his mad dash towards the teleporter it didn't take long for that to be interrupted. With one of the metal creatures being in front of him, Nine brought back his arm and ignited it. Normally, he would feel a bit remorseful about going all out on someone, and even try to keep casualties to a minimum. But, he couldn't feel much of any soul at all coming from these creatures, and so he didn't feel the need to hold back. As it fired a metal burst at him, the chaser let loose a torrent of flame to clash with the attack. As they collided, Nine launched yet another one into the creature, striking it dead on as it fired off a strange watery blast from the cannon like protrusion on it. Rolling to the side, Nine let loose a dark pulse into the creature as he sprung back onto his feet. The attack was much less powerful then his flames against the creature, but it seemed to be enough as the creature began glowing. Knowing this familiar glow, Nine shot out yet another jet of flames into the creature. 

Unfortunately, as it struck, it didn't seem like they had enough force behind them to completely defeat the creature before its self destruction. However, before it could blow, Nine suddenly a blast of fire strike right into him, causing his flame to flare even brighter and pierce through the steel bug. Surprised by this, Nine looked up to see the confident face of a familiar Charizard looking down at him. "Thanks for the assist champ!" Nine gave a thumbs up to Vita, before three more Genesect appeared in his way. "Ready for round two?" Nine cracked his knuckles as he was ready to keep the fight up against these creatures. 

kMykmrI.png

Ari enjoyed the rest of his time on the ship talking with his new brothers, Mac, and his mother. This was...a lot of fun! The most fun he'd had in a while, actually.

Which made it all the worse when they actually reached the island.

The sky was filled with scary purple gijinka with scary red eyes. The ship captain person took out a rod thing and blasted them all with lightning, but one got through, and its eyes...didn't look right. Thankfully, Ari wasn't close enough to get affected, though his mother still ended up running in front of him.

Everything was a blur after that. He was about to get off the ship, but his mother had instructed him to stay behind. "I would have you stay on the ship and hide, but I know you would never do that," she shook her head. "Just please...stay safe, all right? I'd say you should stick by me, but..." she clenched her fists. "I'm going to be fighting in the front lines."

"Don't worry about me, Mom! I got super strong over the past three years, so I'll show them not to mess with a real lion!"

The Pyroar smiled. "All right, then you'll have to show me what you can do. Later."

"Aww, but mom!"

"No buts, you're staying behind. Got it?" She glared down at him.

"Ugh, fine."

"Good. Now I'm going ahead. You be patient and stay here, all right?" the queen didn't wait for a response before running ahead.

"This sucks," Ari scowled. His scowl increased further when that Captain guy told them all to stay there and wait for the "adults" to handle everything. "Ugh, I can't wait to grow up more," he grumbled. "I'm already really growed up, but nobody seems to think so!"

Mac was also upset. "Can't believe it. Even at the end of the world they still don't think we have what it takes. Well you know what I say? Screw that! I don't know about you but I've fought more than hard enough to earn some respect. And sure, maybe we're not as big as em, or as experienced, but what does that matter?"

She stepped onto the edge of the ship and looked onto the battlefield. "Look at this. If we lose here that's it. Nothing more. World ends." She looked back at the others. "So what's the point staying behind? Even if we can only do a little we have to try, right?"

"Yeah you're right...for once," Ari nodded.

To the side, a young Eevee gijinka nodded as well, looking determined. "Yeah! My journey to becoming super strong and awesome has only just begun!" She pumped a fist.

A Fletchling girl standing next to her looked nervous, but her eyes shone with spirit. "For Veronica," she mumbled. "I have to save her. Big sis would've never wanted this..."

Things happened quickly after that. Mac took out a sun-shaped stone, glowing white and transforming. Not only had she grown taller, but her frills shrunk into tiny nubs on her head, while her tail grew longer as well.

Ari was impressed. So that's what evolution looked like? Well, he'd seen it before a couple of times in Pride Rock, but only with the lions. One day...he'd grow big and strong like that too. But now Mac was ahead of him there! "No fair! You trying to get a headstart on me?" he harrumphed. "Just you wait, I'll evolve too and I'll be even stronger and cooler-looking!" He didn't want to admit that she looked cool, but she really did.

"Wow, is that what you looked like when you evolved, Marie?" the Eevee asked a girl with blue hair nearby.

The Fletchling just stared up at Mac with wide eyes.

"Alright, who's with me? We're gonna go show these thugs why they can't mess with our world! Time to kick some butt!"

With that, Mac jumped over the edge of the boat. Followed closely behind by a Wooper, who had a serious look on her young face, and both started to run as soon as they landed.

"I am! And I'll prove I'm cooler than you too, even if you evolved!" Ari shouted, jumping off as well, followed by the Fletchling from earlier.

"Come on Marie! Let's gooo Eevee time! And let's go Popplio--I mean, Brionne time!" the Eevee girl hopped in place, so excited she was she'd still say the same even if Marie had already gotten off the ship. Soon she jumped off the boat herself.

Ari didn't pay any more attention to them, though. He was busy worrying about other stuff. Like moving forward and fighting. A Genesect had already started for him, but he struck it with his newly-learned Fire Fang before running forward, charging into another one and bouncing off of that one. He wasn't as confident as Mac was in his fighting skills, but he was slowly gaining confidence the more he fought.

"They ain't so tough! Come on, let's keep going!"

"Yeah, you're right again...for once!" Ari teased, before running forward into the next enemy.

Things continued in that vein for a while until the Litleo found himself facing not only a Genesect on the ground but also one coming at him from the sky. Just barely managing to avoid a divebomb, he gulped when it flew back up into the sky and looked to be heading back for another round.

"This isn't good..." he muttered to himself. "Maybe I was being too confident."

It was at that point that he noticed a shadow stretching out toward the shadow cast by the flying Genesect like they did when the sun moved across the sky. Except it was moving a lot faster than that and soon afterward the Genesect found itself attacked by that same shadow. Which then shrunk back to normal size. It was then that Ari could see the owner of the shadow was a familiar Duskull girl.

"Now look at what you did, making a girl of my talent fight like this, you should be ashamed of yourself." She said, yet she had a cheeky smile on her face.

"Well, I'm more thankful than ashamed," the Litleo said, taking that moment to catch his breath. "Thanks, Kaitlyn! I guess you're not so bad after all!" He lunged at the other Genesect that had turned to face her with a Fire Fang.

"Ha, I guess it can't be helped if you're giving the proper respect now." With that, the fight continued, and with the other's help, both Genesect were easily dispatched.

As soon as the fight was over, Kaitlyn left him with a few parting words, bowing dramatically before disappearing into thin air.

Shaking his head in some amusement, Ari continued moving forward, energy renewed. Even though the enemies were tougher than he thought, he couldn't forget that he wasn't the only one here. There were several gijinka out here, fighting for Adarid's sake. "Is this how it feels like to attack as a pride?" he wondered. "No...this might be even better!" Grinning, he used Return on one of the Genesect, dealing quite a bit of damage in the process. "I just hope that the others are doing fine too."

--

8mvNFQT.png

Easter had had fun. Meeting new gijinka with Dora was an entirely new experience from meeting new gijinka alone. Normally, there would be a tension in the air, especially with males--they wanted something from him, he wanted something from them. Simple as that. It never usually led to what they wanted though, but to what he wanted. Which was to beat them up, especially if they were dark or dragon types. He had gained a bit of a reputation that way, something he could see reflected in the eyes of those he had met before. They were wary of what they saw as a beast in frilly pink clothing standing in front of them.

But with Dora, he felt more relaxed, more like...dare he say it? A normal gijinka. Somebody who wasn't always thinking about the next fight, and how to instigate it. Now, when he said hello and smiled at others, he really meant it. It was odd, but not unpleasantly so.

However, no matter how lovable the little Wooper was, eventually, Easter had to return her to Brooke and sit by himself for a bit. She hadn't wanted to leave him alone, but he had been insistent on it. Going down to a spot below-deck, he had just sat crouched in a corner behind a barrel, doing nothing but thinking. He might have given in and shed a couple of tears, but, shameful as it was, he knew he needed it too. At one point, he heard movement and saw Apanie looking at him, but she seemed to realize he wasn't in the mood for company and left. Not that she was the talkative sort, anyway.

He was just about to doze off when his senses kicked into high alert. There was danger above deck. Immediately popping out from his corner--and almost giving the Rotom girl Jane a heart attack--he raced up the stairs leading to the deck, searching for Brooke, Dora, and Denku. At seeing all three, he let out a sigh of relief that quickly turned into a startled curse when Jane rushed past him.

"Alright crew, get to your stations, its time to bust out our secret weapon." Captain called out.

"Aye-aye Cap--" Easter cut himself off. Oh yeah, I'm not part of the crew anymore. Feeling a strange mixture of disappointment and nostalgia, he watched the Rotom head toward the arena where he had battled Apanie. However, it seemed to be multipurpose, as it split open to reveal a large rod, which the Rotom started to channel electricity into.

After that, the rod released a massive charge of lightning toward various flying figures approaching the ship. It hit most of them, but not all of them. One had, in fact, landed several feet away from the fairy type and began to aim an attack from the weapon on its shoulder toward him.

This is bad, the Sylveon thought. He had been taken off guard and hadn't had time to charge an attack. It's a good thing I've been working on my shield, he thought, clenching his fists.

Before he needed to do anything, though, the creature, which he recognized as a Genesect, was struck suddenly by a flurry of attacks. Turning around, the fairy type saw a familiar assortment of Eeveelutions standing in a line. A mixture of emotions swelled up in his gut then. "You guys..." he murmured. We're not part of the S.S. Showdown anymore, but...the bond we all share is still there. We'll always be crewmates...is that it?

He didn't have much more time to reminisce, though, as the Genesect began to glow bright white, soon after Self-Destructing. Diving toward the slower Eeveelutions and putting up his shield, Easter gritted his teeth. "You all right?" he asked.

"Yeah. Thanks, Easter," they replied. One of them was John, who smiled at him. Easter managed a smile of his own. Good. This was progress.

Rei, the Jolteon, shouted out, "Hey Cappin, much as I love being on this boat again I don't think it can take much more."

"You're probably right there." Captain said, as more of those things got nearer and began to fire off their lasers at the hull of the ship. "Alright everyone!" He called out. "This is it. Brace yourself, gonna be a crash landing! As soon as we hit the dirt we'll be in the thick of it! Don't stop until you reach the goal and make sure to cover each other!"

"Aye aye!" Easter replied. He moved through the crowd toward Brooke and Dora. Denku was with other gijinka at the moment, including some he hadn't seen earlier--a small Litleo, a Pyroar that looked like its mother, and a Helioptile. He didn't pay more mind to the group aside from waving at Denku so the other knew where they were. He could join them later if he wanted. The Sylveon also saw Vita, who looked a lot calmer now that she was on land. He stifled a chuckle at that. If she knew he was laughing at her expense like that, she would smack him into the ground.

Easter sobered up as he scanned the battlefield ahead, where the legendaries had already started to fight. In his opinion, legendaries were more bark than bite, but it was somewhat thrilling to see ones he had only heard about before. Still, he didn't spend too much time on that, quickly turning back to Dora and asking her to remain on the boat before jumping off the deck, hitting the ground, and running forward. He attempted to stay near Brooke but ended up losing his focus when a Genesect landed in front of him.

"I don't have time to deal with you!" the Sylveon shouted, releasing a Psyshock at the creature. He was at a bit of a disadvantage here, what with them being steel type and most of his moves being fairy type, but he would manage.

Annoyed when the attack didn't automatically take down the enemy, he fired up another Psyshock but had to let it die to jump out of the way of a Techno Blast. From the color, it looked to be an ice-type move. "Gods," he cursed, "You're a real annoyance, you know that? But space aliens usually are." Running forward, he drove a roundhouse kick into the other's abdomen, following up with a punch to the face. The other looked surprised by his sudden attack but quickly reacted by glowing bright white. Cursing again, Easter jumped back and pulled up his Cosmic Shield, managing to avoid taking damage that way.

"You look like you need help," a familiar Flareon stepped into view, the Manectric he mentioned before beside him. The electric type was currently using Fire Fang on one of the robotic gijinka and doing serious damage.

He's strong...but I'm stronger, the Sylveon thought with a mixture of pride and annoyance. What does John see in him anyway--no. I'm not going to worry about that. "Maybe," he replied. "I'm not really suited for steel types."

"Is that a pun?" John smiled.

"Not this time," Easter smirked.

"Well, stick around us. We can help."

"Thanks, but no thanks," Easter shook his head. "You two should worry about yourselves." He fired off another Psyshock at a Genesect who had been sneaking upon them. While they finished it off, he gave a jaunty wave and ran forward, leaving them behind. "I'll see you both on the other side. Don't dawdle now," he grinned when he heard John bursting into laughter behind them. There was a hint of smugness mixed in. I can still make him laugh.

Despite his disadvantage against steel types, Easter wasn't doing too bad on the field. Every so often he'd see people he recognized, though there were many more he didn't. Most of them looked to be holding their own, but sometimes he'd see one in need of help or outnumbered, and he'd come in to even the score a bit. One of them was that Krookodile he'd bumped into before. Blasting the Genesect holding him down with a Psyshock, he followed that up with a headbutt to the stomach. "You all right?" he asked, using Wish on the other when he noticed the ground type was covered in wounds.

"Oh? Ahh, umm, yes," the other stuttered, a strange contrast to his intimidating appearance. "I'm good, I mean, I...thanks, miss."

"No worries," Easter smiled at the other. "Just keep on moving forward," he left the other then, hearing shouts of "Whoa, I'm healed?" and "Was that an angel?!"

Chuckling slightly, the Sylveon charged up another Psyshock at a Genesect who had gotten in his way, kicking them in the neck afterward. When they dropped to the ground, he ran past it, pausing only when he found himself surrounded on all sides.

"One, two, three, four, five of you," he shook his head. "You really don't know when to quit, do you? Stupid alien freaks." This would be a perfect time for his Swift attack, but there was no way it'd have any effect on them. Gritting his teeth and preparing for a hard fight, he released a Psyshock at one of them, rolling out of the way of a Magnet Bomb...and straight into another one. Yet another one was screeching, while one was floating in the air, and the last one was aiming a blast from the weapon on its shoulder at him.

Running straight into the one aiming the blast, he managed to avoid the attack by bowling the other over. However, he did not manage to avoid the multitude of attacks aimed right for him...though oddly enough, they also hit their ally, knocking out the gijinka in the process.

"Guess you don't care about friendly fire, huh. You really are aliens, aren't you?" Easter commented, sending a Psyshock at a Genesect. "I might have to use that to my advantage." Running forward, he charged into another one quickly running behind it and using it as a shield from the others' attacks. However, when it began to glow white, he had to summon his shield again. And then, all the rest began to glow white as well, drawing the attention of several more space aliens. So, as the fairy type rolled back from the force of multiple Self-Destructs, he found himself faced with half a dozen additional Genesect.

"This isn't good," the Sylveon muttered. He had already used up his shield for the next five minutes. It's unlikely I'll get through this next fight without serious injury, he thought.

Before he could do much more than blink, an Emboar came charging through the middle of the pack, body wreathed in fire. That one attack was enough to knock most of the gijinka flat on their back, much of their armor blackened and melting at the edges.

"Brooke!" Easter shouted in delight. "Boy, am I glad you're here."

The rest of the fight went much more smoothly after that. Brooke had a natural advantage over the Genesect, and her attacks hit hard. While she mainly stuck to punching, sometimes she'd switch it up with headbutts or other physical moves. She fought like a brawler, a style Easter recognized. He was also a brawler, though one wouldn't know it to look at him, especially considering his move set. But his experience in the arena of Adarid had made him unafraid to go up close and physical with people. Though...I suppose it all started in Trailsau, he thought with some fondness. Not that he had stayed there after that initial experience, but it had taught him a very important lesson about no-holds-barred brawling. Fighting wasn't like any of the skills he had known previously, even dancing. No, it was a dirty, messy thing, and you risked your life further every time you held back unless you were sparring or in the arena. But this wasn't a spar. This was the real deal.

Both he and Brooke had fought alongside each other enough times that they were able to avoid hitting the other in their attacks, something the Genesect did not seem to care about themselves, which Easter took great advantage of.

When the fight had finished, the Sylveon casting Wish on both of them, he smiled at the Emboar. "Thanks for that, Brooke. You really came through for me." His smile turned into more of a grin as a thought occurred to him. "Hey, what say this? Why don't we have ourselves a little competition?" his grin broadened. "By the end of this, whoever kills the most Genesect...wins." Winking at Brooke, he leaped forward, aiming for an approaching Genesect and stomping down on its ribs. Throwing a Psyshock at it afterward, he smiled when it fell to the ground with a thud. "That's one down. Just several hundred more to go."

--

M5kN9eN.pnghqWiIfT.png

Things had been going really slowly...and then bam! Everything seemed to happen at once. But that was how things usually went. The Raichu sighed, scratching his head as they were all told to get off the ship. What a drag. But he'd already made the decision to fight. He had to, for his ohana.

Randy turned to him, Marie, and Nani. "Well...guess this is where the rubber meets the road, huh?" he chuckled. "I'm going to do my damnedest to get you three through this...just trust me. We're going to try and back each other up. After all, this little group is pretty much ohana now, am I wrong?" he turned his head, giving a huge smile now.

"No...you're not, you big cheeseball, you," Keanu chuckled. That was one thing about Randy. He wasn't afraid to say cheesy or embarrassing things. Which was good, as it meant Keanu didn't have to say them himself.

"Nani! Keanu! Heh...see if you can make sure Marie stays in one place. Don't need her acting more and more like me, am I wrong?"

"One of you is already plenty. Give 'em hell," Nani said.

"Yeah, go get 'em, tiger," Keanu chuckled before turning to the Brionne. "Marie, stay here. You too, Morgan," he said, noticing the familiar Eevee they had met in Northshore had approached the group to stand near the Brionne. She gave him a cheeky smile before putting on an innocent face. I don't trust that smile or that face, he thought. Nor do I trust that Marie will stay in one place either. He groaned, suddenly feeling much less confident in his ability to keep Marie in check. Why did Randy shift the responsibility onto him and Nani? Yeah, not like we'll be very successful at stopping Marie from whatever she wants to do. We were never able to stop her before, and I doubt that'll suddenly change now.

By then, Randy had made his way to the edge of the boat, muttering to himself before throwing back his head and letting loose a roar. Shortly afterward, he leaped off the edge, landing in the midst of the battlefield.

"Well, I did my job," Keanu shrugged, already giving up on actually succeeding in it. He turned to Nani. "What say we go and make sure Mr. Hobbes doesn't get himself in over his head?" With that, he jumped off the ship as well.

"Fine by me. Muscleheads like him could use the support to clear a path for him," Nani followed shortly behind.

"Don't get into too much trouble, Marie, you hear?" he shouted back before running forward. He would try to keep an eye on the Brionne later, but he also had faith that she could handle herself pretty well. She had shown him that much.

With his speed, dodging his way past multiple Genesect to try to catch up with Randy was almost literally a breeze. Except instead of running away, he was actually trying to fight, so with clever use of the moves at his disposal, he was able to take down many at a time. Surf was especially useful when there were a bunch of enemies around him, but no allies. "Like right now," he said, crashing into one of the purple-armored enemies while riding the wave, though the wave itself had hit all seven of the Genesect surrounding him. Jumping backward out of reach, he released an Electro Ball at one of them...and then another...and then another. These guys are fast...but I'm faster.

He proved that again when he got surrounded again and stopped them all in their tracks with a Thunder Wave. "Yeah, I'll buss you all up real easy," he boasted. Only to stop speaking entirely when several of the Genesect began to glow bright white.

"Ka!" he swore, having to use Substitute to avoid the blast. Stopping to catch his breath, he looked up at hearing a familiar voice.

"This sure is a first," Nani exclaimed, jumping down to where Keanu had been just before the blasts, before immediately darting forward into one of the enemies. Except for the part where her back bent further and further back before the girl had practically folded herself in half, sliding right under the enemy and springing up onto one behind it instead, delivering a knee full of sneaky spectral spookiness. "And here I thought something like this was only allowed in storybooks."

"Nani! Thanks!" It was good to see her...and even better that she wasn't saying anything about his mess-up. "And I know what ya mean...this is almost like one of those campfire stories I've heard. Wild, huh?" he shot an Electro Ball at another Genesect. "But at least these things are somewhat manageable." He winced when he remembered what had happened not a minute ago.

"Somewhat," the Mimikyu agreed. Using the Genesect in front of her as a springboard, Nani kicked off away from the thing, bounding over to a new target a bit closer to Keanu. "Though I'd like them a lot more without THESE!" To punctuate her statement, Nani slammed a ball of electricity - very much similar to Keanu's - into the cannon of her new target.

"'Ey, good shot!" Keanu shouted. That was one thing Nani did--she fought smarter, not harder. Tossing another Electro Ball at the now cannon-less gijinka, he followed that up with a Psychic on another, lifting the robot-like person into the air and throwing them against another one like a bowling ball. "Guess my...training...paid off," he panted. He still wasn't quite used to that move, but he was getting better.

But I'm able to be more experimental in my attacks because of Nani. She covered for him when he faltered, and vice versa. "It really does help to have a scrap sistah," he laughed. He wasn't used to fighting alone anyway. At least this way, their chances had gone up by a lot. Now...they just had to find Randy...and Marie. Because he was pretty sure the Brionne was out here now too.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - S.S. Showdown

Taiga could feel a familiar cold weight lay on her shoulder, as her head turned to greet Scarlet.  She had noticed that Isole had also made the trip in time.  Funny how the small ice girl landed exactly where she had started her journey.  Honestly, a part of Taiga wished the girl had stayed back.  However, she couldn't help but grin at her display of guts.  

"'Bout time you both showed up.  I was about to go back to Skuldafn and drag you by the scruff of yer necks!  Fufufufu!"  

"Ahh, where one of you beauties are the other is always soon to follow." This Captain guy was just as irritating as always. "I figured she would be fine. Even if you ran into trouble she wouldn't have stuck around if she couldn't handle it. Honestly I'm still shocked that she wanted to go along. She has been a bit...harder to get to interact than the rest." He then shook Scarlet's hand and leaned down to give it a kiss. "Thank you for taking care of that girl. She's had a rough time of it.  I'll be sure to get all the juicy details of your adventure from her later. You better have been a good influence." He finished with a wink.  Taiga slugged the Pidgeot in the shoulder, her jaw clenched in anger.  

"Hey...you got some nerve doin' that in front of me, ya damn flyin' rat."  

It didn't take long for Taiga's whole body to react to the fact that they were nearing their final destination.  Her skin and scales started to twitch with anticipation.  Everything she had done up to this point...could she make it all worth it.  Could she actually rid the world of such evil?  Was she capable of that?  She tightened up her gloves, and pumped her vest.  

Damn right she was.  

As they were nearing the shore, she could see a swarm approach.  What they were, she hadn't the faintest clue, but she could tell by what her whole body was feeling that they weren't friends.  Taiga looked around her at all of these Gijinka who were going to participate in the battle, just to get a good look at their faces just in case she got a little too wild.  These were her allies this time around.  She didn't know them, but they were like her, right?  There sure were a lot of kids in the bunch...were they orphaned?  She'd ask them later.  Right now, it was time to get her head in the game.  Her eyes turned predator-like, as they made landfall.  Taiga hopped off the boat and cracked her knuckles.  She turned to Scarlet, and with an low rumbling from her throat, she managed to say something.

"Don't die.  If Isole comes out...she doesn't die either, got it?"  She spat into the sand.  "Break your promise, and I'll kill you."  Some Gijinka had already started to fight among the inhuman creatures before them, but Taiga dug her heels into the sand, pointing beyond the giant army.  "My name's Taiga the Terrible!  Tyrant of the Tides!  You better remember my name, so you can beg for forgiveness!"  She proclaimed in a huge roar, before darting off into the battle.  The sea of Gijinka, that was her opponent, all looked a like, so it would prove difficult to keep track of them all at once.  As she ran, she created a board of water underneath her, gliding around the sand.  However, as she gained speed, so too did the board gain volume, until it was a giant wave.  She kicked the wave at a group of three of the enemy, sweeping them away with a powerful torrent of water and away from the rest of the army.  She followed behind closely, knowing full well that that attack wouldn't be enough to down the foes.  After all, they seemed to be artificially constructed by the godslayers themselves.  

As the wave crashed down into the sand, the three enemies lifted themselves up.  One screamed at Taiga, enough to rattle her eardrums to the point of pain, while the other two seemed to gather metal together to form a large ball.  

"As if I'd let you!"  Taiga growled, before darting in, sweeping one of the gijinka off of it's feet, letting the orb of metal it had gathered crash upon itself.  It started to spark and smoke before it exploded.  Taiga, seeing this before, used the gijinka that had screamed at her before as a shield of sorts.  It proved effective, as it shambled to the floor, not even conscious enough to blow up itself.  Behind her she could feel the cold impact of steel hit between her shoulder blades.  It knocked the wind out of her for a moment, but she turned around.  She wiped the spit from her mouth.  "Just a bunch of toys, ain't ya?"  She laughed, before leaping off the sand again and into the robot, using her shadowy-infused teeth to rip the Gijinka's entire mid section from the rest of it's body.  She spat out the abdomen, watching as the Gijinka crawled towards her, in an attempt to explode.  "Tch.  Disgusting...who told these guys they could up and make Gijinka just for them to die..."  She looked at the robot's abdomen lying in the sand before running away from the blast.  Could these guys feel pain?  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie had felt a bit miffed that she was told to stay back, not only by  the person who was the captain of the ship, but also with Randy seeming to think that she needed to be looked after. Sure, she wasn't as strong as him nor as experienced a fighter, but she still was no slouch. After all, she had stood in the face of foes way more terrifying then any of the weird purple exploding things that were here. As Marie was tapping her foot as her friends had seemed to be ready to start moving out, the girl heard a sudden speech from a young looking Helioptile. The girl looked at the other and - though she had a face that made Marie think she would otherwise regularly scold her - felt her to be a kindred spirit here. As the girl finiished her speech, and then evolved right before her eyes, Marie then looked to Morgan as she asked her question. "I'm not really sure I uh, didn't really see myself change and all. But it definitely looked the same when Keanu evolved and I'm sure that's what you'll be like when you do too!" 

The girl then nodded and pumped her fist into the air as Morgan seemed ready to move down into the fray as well. Marie started to run forward only to be swiftly intercepted by one of the weird metal gijinka. Being face to face with one of the things was a bit unnerving, she would admit, but she had already worked herself up to fight this creature. So, as it turns its soulless gaze towards her, Marie took a deep breath before letting loose a stream of water into its face. The force of the attack caused the creature to stumble back, though it didn't have much of a reaction beyond that. Stepping forward again, the metallic creature charged up energy in its cannon, firing off a swift burst of metal that homed in on and struck Marie dead on. 

The girl gritted her teeth as she was knocked back, though was glad for her own water typing to help cushion the blow. Letting out yet another torrent of water, this time hitting the knee of the creature, it was knocked off balance and brought to kneel. The cannon on its back then started to prime, channeling with a green energy and aimed straight towards Marie. Letting loose a stream of grass infused energy, Marie dove to the side dodging away from the attack as it landed into the ground. Pumping herself up once again, the girl slowly picked herself up, only for the creature to move in on her. As it was charging its cannon once more, Marie looked up ready to strike at it, though knew she wouldn't be able to stop the attack. 

As the attack primed, though, suddenly a bird-like screech could be heard. Coming in from above, the claws of a Braviary sunk itself into the metal plating of the creature, before he picked it up into the air and tossed it into another one. As the creature fired off its cannon into the air, hitting nothing, it slammed into another of its kind, reaching enough damage that it then self destructed. Marie looked up at the Braviary as they went on to help others out simply muttering, "whoa." She picked herself up then fully and began to make her way across the battlefield. 

Glorious Aggressors

The time Kazo had with his newly gathered family was a calm before the storm, and what a storm it was. Dozens of metal soldiers filled the sky, each one looking extremely menacing.

"Well, we might be fucked," Denku muttered to himself, remembering exactly how tough the Genesect he fought not even a few days ago was. Still, they couldn't let themselves be stopped here.

"So we got a plan, or....?" Kazo asked before Sai chuckled.

"Ain't it obvious bro? We stick together and kick some ass!" Sai shouted before running ahead, diving headfirst into the battlefield. Denku sighed and blasted off with his pressurized air, rocketing off to keep up with their headstrong brother.

"When we get into battle, we'll need ya to give us some cover," Denku commented to Kazo, who was keeping pace with the two with a quick sprint.

"You got it!" Kazo said as he gave a thumbs up. The two watched as Sai held out one of his claws, the appendage beginning to shine with a metallic sheen and slashing at a Genesect that was flying towards him, the Genesect holding out its arm and blocking the attack with its metal arm. The two began to swing back and forth, almost like a sword fight as they tried to overpower the other. While this happened, Kazo began to run in a circle around them, drifting around to get behind the Genesect, and Denku positioned himself behind Sai, following his motions in order to make sure he was always lined up with Sai's back.

Finally, it seemed the Genesect got tired of using melee attacks and aimed its cannon right at Sai's face, the heat of a Fire Techno Blast radiating from the tip. Sai grinned, breaking away from the melee and leaping to the right. The Genesect quickly spun to follow its target... only to get blindsided by Denku, who had blasted off at that second, a Dark Pulse in his arm as he clotheslined the gijinka, the force of the attack sending the Genesect flying to Kazo, who rushed forward and swung his foot, sending the enemy flying into the air. With a grin, Sai jumped up, spinning like a drill and slashing through the Genesect, his Drill Run finishing the job.

Before the three had time to celebrate though, a series of explosions went off around them, forcing them to back away from where they were. About eight Genesects had spotted them, and all eight flew at them, firing Magnet Bombs at the family.

"Okay Kaz, we could use that cover now!" Denku called out. Kazo nodded, closing his eyes as the winds began to pick up like they had so many times before, a Sandstorm brewing and covering the three brothers. Kazo managed to melt away into the storm while the other two ran deeper in, making it harder for the Genesects to see their targets, forcing them to go into said storm to confront them.

The moment the Genesect came in however, they were hit by a speeding Sai, the Excadrill rushing through the sand, the winds helping him instead of slowing him down. In order to not be caught, the eight split up into the storm, knowing that it was likely that at least one of them would take down their targets. However, the three brothers wouldn't make that easy. Denku and Sai dove in and out of the Genesects' vision, chipping away at them slowly while at the same time driving the group of minions closer together, all eight soon pushed back to back.

With only one idea left, the Genesects began to fire into the winds, launching torrents of Magnet Bombs and Techno Blasts, some getting far too close to their targets for comfort. However, the trap was already sprung. Kazo ran around the sandstorm, moving faster and faster, until his speed began to influence the wind, the sands slowly changing from a chaotic storm into a swirling sand tornado. The high speed winds began to influence the Genesects' ranged attacks, the attacks being sucked up in the winds. On top of it, Denku and Sai had moved outside the tornado and began to fire Rock Slides into the tornado.

The winds carried the projectiles, slamming them into the Genesects with much greater force than what one Gijinka could normally do, and their own attacks began to hit them as well. Soon, the winds died down, and the sand dispersed, leaving eight damaged Genesects all in a circle, the Gijinka falling over and not standing up again.

Kazo sighed, panting and looking over their handiwork. They were doing much better than usual. This was really weird.

"Don't let your guard down ye---," Denku began, but suddenly, the eight Gijinka began to glow. "Oh sh---," before the three could react, all eight Genesects Self Destructed, the force of the explosion sending the three brothers flying away in different directions, separating them once more...

Brooke watched the battle rage from the bow of the S.S. Showdown. Legendary Gijinka locked in a fierce struggle with an army of genetically engineered killing machines, in a battle that would supposedly decide the fate of the entire universe. She was surprised by how apathetic she felt about all of it. The idea of the universe being destroyed was so absurd that she couldn’t really come to terms with it. She was reminded of a quote she had seen in a magazine once, credited to some saintly Audino: “if I look at the mass I will never act”. She hadn’t really understood it at the time, but in the midst of a war to decide the outcome of literally everything, it suddenly made sense. She hadn’t come to protect the universe. She just wanted to protect Dora, Easter, and everyone else she cared about; if saving the world was a side effect of that, so be it, but it wasn’t her end goal.

The boat crashed into the ground. A Genesect attempted to attack Easter, but was blasted away by what Brooke could only describe as an army of Eevee-evolutions, and then everyone was jumping off the boat and into the fray. She took a moment to look back at Dora one last time before she followed suit.

The fighting was immediately all-encompassing. Brooke attempted to keep track of Easter, but the purple tide of Genesect swarmed over everyone before she could even find him. One attempted to shoot a blast of water at her from the cannon mounted on its back--she barely rolled out of the way, caught off guard by the Water-type attack. “Where did you even learn how to do that?” she snarled. This was just like the gang wars in Deku, just amped up by a thousand, with bodies and attacks flying all over the place. When she thought of it that way it wasn’t so overwhelming. With that in mind, flames erupted across her body, and she charged forward and shoulder-checked the insectoid warrior before it could try it again. 

It went down even harder than Brooke had expected. She had to kick it one more time to get it to finally stop moving, but most of the armor and weaponry had melted on contact with her flames. “Hmm. Guess they forgot to heat treat you all. That’s good to know.” (Flame Charge, +1 speed) 

Another attacked. Dodging that attack was even easier. Brooke ended it in a similar manner, focusing on building up her speed and avoiding using any heavy-hitting attacks at the start of the battle. She was sick of putting herself out of commission so early. (Flame Charge, +2 speed) It became obvious as she fought that their opponents were fond of Self-Destruct, too, which wasn’t that bad for her thanks to her boosted speed. She darted between explosions, her primary focus on finding Easter, which she thankfully located him within a few moments.

He was surrounded by Genesect about to detonate, which wasn’t great, but she found him. An inferno of blue flames draped across her and she threw herself into the pile-up; most of them hissed and started to melt before she even touched them, but all of them dropped when she hit them, armored bodies turning into smoldering piles of goop. “Hey,” she said, letting the flames burn out as she turned towards Easter. “Found you.”

"Brooke!" Easter shouted in delight. "Boy, am I glad you're here." 

The smoldering piles of goop started to (somehow) pick themselves up, and more Genesect piled in to assist in the fight. Brooke snorted and her cloak of flames roared to life once more. “Pleasantries will have to wait. Good thing these guys are weaker than the one we fought in Mioter, huh?” The fight went on after that. More bodies burned, though a lesser amount were disabled psychically by Easter and then beaten to death with punches and kicks, but they won without sustaining any serious injuries. What little damage was done Easter healed with a Wish.

“A competition?” Brooke flicked a glob of molten steel lingering from the battle off of her hat. Of course Easter would want to compete over something like this. “Don’t think that’s really fair, do you? Knowing you though you probably welcome the challenge, so sure, I’ll play.” She grinned. “Do I get extra points for saving you from being blown up?”

Edited by Cheshire Toon

Scarlet
Team Showdown

As the ship approached the shore, Scarlet was taken back by the horde of mechanical clones that they had to take on. The sheer number of them was intimidating, but this was no time to hesitate. It was do or die time. Stepping off of the boat next to Taiga, Scarlet turned to her friend, nodding. "You better not die on me either." She said, stepping back a bit and doing a Swords Dance for the road. As Taiga let out her roar, Scarlet leapt off of the ground, soaring through the sky.

Aiming a punch at one of the Genesect, Scarlet crash landed on top of one of them, landing in a heroic pose with her fist going through the chest of one of the mechanical monsters. With a jerk, she pulled her fist out of the gijinka, which seemed to still be moving. The Genesect let out a horrifying screech that sent chills down Scarlet's spine, as the girl brought down her other arm to smash its face in. Looking up, she saw two other of the mechanical mockeries glaring at her with their cold, dead eyes. One of them started firing off Magnet Bombs towards her while the other one seemed to be partially glowing red as it just stared at her. Scarlet wasted no time, her wings fluttering rapidly as she darted to the side and leaving a crimson Tailwind behind her.

Weaving left and right, while taking some of the magnet bombs, she quickly reached the first of her assailants, firing off a right hook right at its head. As it staggered back, Scarlet felt a burning sensation as the other one fired a red hot Techno Blast at her. Gritting her teeth, she chose to keep focusing down the one she was fighting while keeping a tab on the other one, who seemed ready to fire off another blast. As the other one was starting to stabilize, Scarlet was quick to dart back in, still fast with her Tailwind, uppercutting the Genesect before ducking below the Techno Blast. While in the air, the first Genesect fired off another barrage of Magnet Bombs down at Scarlet. While they hurt, especially with her defenses lowered from earlier, she was not deterred as she jumped up into the air, grabbing the Genesect's leg with a Bug Bite. As it began to glow a white red, Scarlet threw it down towards the other Genesect, the Techno Blast and Self Destruct creating quite a spectacular explosion.

And, as the explosion started dying out, Scarlet dashed through it, catching the Genesect off guard, as she aimed a Bullet Punch right into the Genesect's chest, which caved inward due to the impact. She grinned, although her smile faded when she saw the machine glow white, its body becoming alarmingly hot. Scarlet kicked off of the Genesect, trying to dart as far away as possible, managing to get at least on the outer edge of the Self-Destruct as the explosion sent her tumbling towards the ground. As she picked herself up, she noticed more of these dangerous machines approach her.

Lok
Team Karaoke

Lok was told to stay on the ship with the rest of the kids. While he was definitely on the older side of things, he was specifically told to keep an eye on them and to make sure they didn't get into any trouble. Lok was fine with this; while it wasn't the exciting and dangerous battle he was expecting to experience, baby sitting was a nice change of pace for once. This was especially true when he saw what they were going to fight against - a horde of purple robots, all looking rather menacing. All he had to do was make sure the kids were safe and not running into danger. "Well, at least we're- wait what are you doing?" He was powerless to stop the kids as, one by one, the tykes decided that they were going to take on the horde of Genesect. "No no no no no!" Lok exclaimed, letting out a reluctant sigh as he closed his eyes. Looks like he was going to have to join the fray after all, if only to make sure none of these kids get hurt. Using Double Team to create 2 other copies of him, he jumped off of the ship and into the battlefield.

He kept close tabs on the kids as he ran, although he was promptly stopped by one of the Genesects locking eyes with him. "Great." He said with a flat tone, the trio of Loks getting ready to take on one of them. The Genesect took a second to charge its laser, before firing off a sleek dark black Techno Blast towards one of the clones. As the close instantly poofed out of existence, Lok fired off a Thunderbolt towards the Genesect, hitting it right in the chest. Genesect started running towards him, firing Magnet Bombs towards both him and his clone. Lok was struck by the Magnet Bomb, his close fading instantly, causing him to stagger back. As Genesect drew closer, Lok let out a harrowing screech, an Ominous Wind bellowing from his body. As it pushed the Genesect away, Lok fired off a Will-o-Wisp towards Genesect. While it landed, it didn't stop Genesect from firing off another Techno Blast, this time hitting Lok directly.

Lok was sent flying back, Genesect wasting no time and jumping on top of Lok. Its canon started charging up again, ready to finish off its prey. Lok, however, was not done. With another screech, the winds blew once more, pushing Genesect off of him. This time, however, the winds seemed to persist as Lok stood up, circling around him. His eyes glowed a bright purple as Lok himself seemed to be caught off guard as to what just happened. "Woah..." He felt... stronger, and his feelings were confirmed as he fired off another Thunderbolt, this one much more fierce than the last. As the Genesect reeled back from the attack, it darted towards Lok once more, this time glowing a hot white. However, with one last Ominous Wind, he was able to push the Genesect away from him as it Self-Destructed. Lok looked down at his palms, before closing them into fists. He wasn't sure how or why this was happening, but he'd take it.

Edited by REP

Mac winced as the laser grazed her side. She had thought she was fast enough to avoid it but the Genesect had caught her off-guard. Still it wasn't enough to bring her down and she had closed the distance with a Quick Attack. Ducking down and Low Sweeping the Genesect she decided to just ignore it and continue on. The girl had continued on in this way through several encounters. Knocking them off balance and then moving on. She knew the goal was still ahead and if she got too caught up fighting them directly she'd miss her chance to take the fight to the real villains.

Then another Genesect landed in front of her. She crouched down, ready to dart forward, when the artificial Gijinka let out a painful screeching noise. Mac grabbed her ears, more sensitive after evolving, and dropped to a knee. The Genesect lowered the canon on its shoulder towards her and she saw it glow with a brownish-orange color.

Before it fired the weapon it was struck by a blade-like blast of energy which severed part of the canon. The Genesect fired wildly into the air as Mac saw a young looking boy step out in front of her. "Sui...Keldeo?" Mac said.

The young Legend looked over his shoulder at her. "That's right. You don't have anything to fear for I am here to defeat this dastardly villain! Stand back, young one, and watch a Legend at work." He said.

"I...I don't need your help! And why you trying to act so cool you're just a kid too you know!"

"I'm not a...Ahem, be that...as it may, I still can handle something like this." He turned back to the Genesect. "Vile creature without a soul, today I bring you to justice!" He launched a powerful Hydro Pump at the Genesect and drove it to the ground with the force of the blast. "As I said, nothing to fear." Keldeo said with a bright, somewhat childish, grin.

Mac didn't say anything but instead used Quick Attack and moved by the Legend's side, pulling him back as another Genesect's laser blast past him. "Ah, whoops." Keldeo muttered. "What say you shall we take this one together?"

Mac nodded. "Obviously." She said and the two stood side by side. Keldeo let loose yet another Hydro Pump. As it raced towards the Genesect Mac took a deep breath and fired off a large, blue, bolt of electricity that collided at the same time as the Hydro Pump. The two attacks made quick work of the foe and Keldeo looked at Mac with surprise and approval.

"Where'd you...well, never mind. There is still much work to be done. Stay safe, Mackenzie." Keldeo said as he took off.

"You t- It's Mac!" The Heliolisk shouted before, grumbling, heading farther into the fray.

---

Breathing heavily Mac stumbled past an exploded Genesect and found herself standing in an area of the island different from the rest.

On the ground was a large, rectangular, sheet of metal. The edges were slightly raised with a few several feet long rails on each side. She walked onto it and looked around. Spotting something near the center she walked up to it and saw a lever sticking out of the bottom.

She reached for it and then stopped herself. "This must be it." She said. Looking around she realized she had been the first to get there.

The Genesect were farther away, dealing with the Legends and other Gijinka, so they seemed to be leaving this part undefended to instead try and stop the others with offense. But so far none others had reached this spot. She was eager to fight the bad guys behind this but even she knew she had to wait for more to show up.

For a little bit at least.

Dora had somehow managed to walk through the battlefield without much problem. She wasn't sure why this was but whenever one of those baddies came for her somebody happened to get in the way and pull them away from her. It was pretty neat if you asked her!

There was this really big guy with a funny yellow mask that had grabbed one of them and tossed them so high in the air that Dora couldn't see them anymore.

And that funny black-armored Scizor man had screamed about how he was an unstoppable weapon before beating up another of the bad guys with a bunch of whacks with his claws.

Dora was starting to wonder if she was going to end up doing anything when she heard a voice, Gigi's voice, shouting in pain.

She immediately ran over to where she heard them and saw him holding one of the Genesect's down with his claw while another one was approaching him. He noticed the girl coming and shouted out "Stay back! You'll get hurt!"

Dora pouted and shook her head. "No! If I do then YOU'LL get hurt, and that's no good!" She continued towards him and launched a spray of mud at the incoming Genesect. The blow didn't seem to do much but it did cause the fake Gijinka to slow its approach. It instead aimed its canon towards Dora and shot a laser towards her. Dora didn't hear Gisei's shout as he finished off the Genesect under him. She was too busy noticing a rather pretty spiral of smoke off in the distance.

As she did a blue glow coated her body and the Genesect's blast seemed to bounce off. Gisei stared for a moment before firing an Aura Sphere at the Gensect.

The moment Dora remembered where she was the glow vanished and she ran over towards the Genesect. Spraying it down with more mud and allowing Gisei to reach the foe before it attacked again and slammed his claw down on it.

"Alright, Dora, let's...Dora?" Gisei looked around but Dora had already wandered off again.

---

Dora strolled her way up to the big metal thingy with the big metal stick in the middle. A big smile on her face as she saw a few others had gotten there as well. "Hiiii! That was exciting wasn't it? Uhhh what now?"

As she stepped onto the metal area something happened. Her body began to glow. She looked around in surprise, eyes wide with excitement, as her form changed.

She grew, slightly, taller. Only a couple inches. But she looked more sturdy than before. And the biggest change of all was made especially clear when she started to wave them around and proclaim happily. "Look! Arms!"

OOC

Spoiler

Alright folks. Post the second part of this section now. Basically make your way to the lift and do a bit more fighting along the way. Last chance to mess around up here so get it out of the way now.

Mac got there first but Dora got there after at least a few made it so if anyone wants to respond to the evolution and her words go for it.

Everyone below level 35 gained 2 levels and everyone 35+ gained 1 from that.

Next post will be next week and we'll be moving down into the base. Remember that none of the Legends or non-PC Gijinka will make it to the lift before we have to go down. So don't bring anyone here but your PC(or PCs in a few cases).

hqWiIfT.png

That bit. Right there. That metal bit. That had to be where they were trying to get to. She could see it from here. One would think that was where the highest concentration of baddies would be, but no. It seemed these metal bugs were more content to ward off invaders at the shores then group up around here. Birds must not have been part of the battle plan or something. Moreover, it appeared that Nani was far from the first one to get here, and also far from the last. All these other folks from the boat... Nani didn't really feel comfortable talking to them during something like this. Hell, it took her all that time just to show herself to the people she'd been traveling this region with.

Well, at least she thought this part was totally unguarded. That's what she thought up until one of those bugs - which had set itself on fire - started sprinting directly at Nani. A move to which Nani responded by copying its sprinting motions, setting herself ablaze in the process as well, and clashing with the foe. As it turned out, spectral force fields handled running face-first into something that's on fire and also running directly at you much better than bugs made out of metal. She was pretty sure she managed to hit an exposed part though.

And now we wait for the others I suppose. Not sure what's down there, but I don't want to fight it with only some kids on my side.

kMykmrI.png

It was tough fighting his way through all the Genesect, but Ari managed it somehow. He tried to be like Mac and not get himself caught up by a bunch at once, which meant that he mostly had to just keep moving. But he wasn't nearly as fast as the Helioptile so he got caught multiple times. But there was always a gijinka nearby to help, which was nice. Even the meaner-looking ones, like that mean woman he met when he first came on the boat, helped him out.

So it was hard, and he was tired and injured, but he wasn't as hurt as he could be. So that was good.

Eventually, he reached an area with a strange metal rectangle on the ground. He could see multiple gijinka, including Mac, already on it. Neither the Eevee or Fletchling from before were here though. Did that mean they were still fighting? Had they...died? Trying not to think too much about stuff like that, Ari walked up to where Mac stood. "You may have beaten me here but I bet I still did better than you overall!"

--

8mvNFQT.png

Brooke was no-fun as usual during the fight. Then again, the enemies weren't being very fun either. It was like they didn't experience emotions or something. Which made sense, considering they were probably space aliens. "Pleasantries will have to wait. Good thing these guys are weaker than the one we fought in Mioter, huh?"

"Yeah, I noticed that myself. Maybe they didn't spend as much time powering up in the mothership?" Easter responded.

After the fight, though, Brooke flicked a glob of molten steel lingering from the battle off of her hat as she took in Easter's suggestion. "A competition? Don’t think that’s really fair, do you? Knowing you though you probably welcome the challenge, so sure, I’ll play." She grinned. "Do I get extra points for saving you from being blown up?"

"You're right. The challenge only makes it even better," Easter mirrored her grin. "And I suppose I'll give you that. Starting with a disadvantage just adds to the challenge." Soon after, he started on the first target for his tally.

It was difficult to fight these gijinka, but Easter did so anyway. Limited to just one move was nothing new for him, as this wasn't the first time he had fought steel types. Though he wasn't a fan of fighting them, they were still manageable. Especially if they went down as easily as these ones did. Punch this one in the jaw, kick that one in the chest, Psyshock the one coming up behind him, backflip off of that one to land on another one's head, let its ally take it out, rinse and repeat.

Really, once you learned their general attack patterns, these guys were nothing.

He was having so much fun, he almost forgot about getting past these guys to the end. By the time he remembered and made his way over there, there was a large crowd of gijinka standing on what looked like a square metal lift of sorts. He walked around for a bit until he eventually found Brooke, though whether she had already been there or got there a bit after he did, he wasn't sure.

"Ha! Forty-one!" he told her proudly. "I'd like to see you beat that!"

After talking with Brooke some, he soon spotted a Quagsire gijinka who looked really familiar.

"Wait...is that who I think it is?" he muttered to himself before calling out hesitantly. "Dora...?"

--

M5kN9eN.png

It didn't take long to mow through the gijinka in his way. Keanu wasn't looking to get into a ton of fights, not like that pretty Sylveon lady he had seen earlier. Except she had been doing some very not-so-pretty things to her enemies, so he stayed well away. Why are all the wahine here so terrifying? he wondered, then remembered that quite a few of them back home had been that way too. Okay, why are wahine in general so terrifying? Or at least the ones he came across, anyway. It just wasn't fair.

He did eventually find Randy, but the Incineroar looked to be handling himself fine, so he didn't do much other than give an "alola" before moving on. He also thought he saw Marie, but he got attacked by a robot immediately afterward, and by the time he had defeated it, the possible Marie had disappeared from sight.

The Alolan Raichu soon made it to a mostly robot-free area, where there were a few gijinka gathered around. Spotting Nani among them, he approached her. "Eyy, Nani," he called out. "Looks like you made it here too." Looking around, he whistled. "So...what do you suppose this place is? What're we all standing around here for anyway?"

Normally, he'd have been able to vaguely figure it out from the buzzing thoughts around him, but he was feeling overwhelmed at the moment. Especially after fighting those robots, whose minds seemed to almost be like voids. Which had been kind of creepy but also kind of relieving from the normal whispers he couldn't turn off. Now, he had to get accustomed to being surrounded by actual gijinka gijinka once more.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown 

Her goal was just in sight, as she slid across the sand on her waterboard.  As she zipped through the army of Gijinka, she made sure to trip up as many of the bug bots as she could manage, as they fell over like clanging dominoes, one after the other.  With random parts of this robo army discombobulated, they'd be easier for the other legends and fighters to take out.  She could see the other side of the army in front of her, as she smiled.  She sped up her boarding in an attempt to break the back line, but was met with a metallic clothesline to the gut.  In all of her excitement to get to the real fight, she hadn't realized that she had garnered more attention than she perhaps wanted.  The water beneath her feet stopped and shot out in front of her, as she fell flat on her back.  

"Get your breath back..."  She thought to herself as her teeth grit.

One of the Gijinka made a move, stepping on her wrist, while another mirrored it stepping on the other.  She could hear the shifting of the army, as multiple of these lifeless dolls shambled towards her, piling one on top of the other.  It must've been ten or more of them until they finally realized it would've been overkill.  She struggled, chomping at any piece of metal that was close to her face, but their combined weight pinning her down was really making it hard for the girl to even think, let alone move.  Taiga's eyes widened in terror, as each and everyone of the Gijinka on top of her began to glow and smoke.  She could feel an energy well up inside of her...but if she used it now...would she have the strength to fight on?  Or would she just be a hindrance to Scarlet and Isole?  

"Geez...if I'm really this pathetic...fufu..."  She laughed solemnly, as visions of her friends winning the day raced through her mind.  "They don't need me anyway..."  A high pitched whirring sound started to emanate from the golems surrounding her.  Just as she was about to give up, she felt the ground beneath her rumble and tear apart.  In an instant, there was nothing beneath her anymore.  She was free falling through a giant hole, the Gijinaks grip on her loosening as they fell away with her.  Suddenly, she felt a firm grip grab her wrist once more.  She looked below her, watching as the ball of metal exploded.  Her head turned up to the sky, seeing Landorus was the one who had just saved her life.  

"I figured you'd be eager to fight but you need to be alive to do that you know. I still want to see what Gijinka these days are capable of."

Taiga looked away from the legend to wipe something from her eye, only to look back with a sharp smile.  

"Just you watch old timer!  I'll make sure these Godslayers know what real Terror is!"    

"Ha! I'm sure you will." He looked across the field. "But we still need to break through for you to get that chance. So, need me to lead the way or are you and your people ready to set out ahead of us old folk?"

"Just throw me, would ya?  You got enough strength for that?"  

The Legend floated in silence for a moment, before bursting into laughter.

"You kids come up with the craziest ideas. Yeah, I think I can manage that. Hope I don't overshoot ya." His muscles began to bulge and an aura surrounded his arms as he spun Taiga in a circle before releasing her. "Don't know how you plan on landing but hope it's softer than it looks!"

"Thanks, ya old coot!  Don't you go kickin' the bucket on me before we get a chance to arm wrestle!"  Taiga waved to the man as she flew through the air.  Timing her landing as well as possible, she stuck out her foot.  A massive jet of water erupted from the bottom of her feet in a giant pillar.  She dove into the erected torrent, landing her butt softly on the ground.  The water around her flushed away, and before her was a raised, metallic platform.  On that platform was a myriad of Gijinka she had never seen before.  A lot of them looked incredibly young.  She sneered as she walked up to the middle.  Looking around, there were no signs of either Scarlet or Isole.  She got a little nervous, but she made sure not to give off that vibe.  "Well...you lot sure are lucky you made it this far.  I don't know any of your names, but you gotta be worth somethin' as fighter, right?  Fufufu."  Taiga blew the weird lookin' Raichu a kiss.  "Just watch your backs and make sure not to get us all killed, 'kay?"  

EOlaaCE.png?1

With the two fire types getting ready to begin their fight, the three genesects had already began their assault. Charging a steel blast in each of their cannons, the three of them fired off a magnet bomb, each homing for Nine. Focusing inward on himself, the boy charged himself with a dark aura before sending it out in a wave, striking each of the blasts as they came towards him. Though he couldn't destroy all of them, the steel bombs weakened considerably as they struck into him, forcing the Chaser back. As the metal gijinka seemed primed to keep firing, they were then assaulted by a barrage of air blades from up above, as Vita continued to flap her wings and fire off hit after hit. 

The genesects looked to the sky now, seeing another foe and began to charge the cannon on their back. Firing one blast after the other, Nine shouted, "got you covered!" Charging both of his arms with darkness, the boy swung them in arc, firing two pulses to intercept the techno blasts in midair. With only one to dodge, Vita managed to descend at quick speeds  to avoid the third. Looking towards the center of the three, Vita gestured towards them and began to start charging a white glow around herself. Nodding, Nine engulfed his arms in flames, swinging arc after arc of fire as the genesects began launching magnet bombs towards the woman. With his attacks winning out against the creature's, the flames managing to engulf the steel bombs and delay them, Vita seemed in the clear to go and attack. 

Rocketing forward, the woman charged into the center of the genesects before turning her flight path into an upward arc. The woman then spun, placing her feet on the airborne genesect before kicking off of it and diving straight towards the ground. Turning in an arc again, the woman flew parallel to the ground and turned to face one of the other genesects as she passed by them. With both of them turning towards her to start charging their cannons, the woman took a sharp breath in. Letting loose a blast of fire towards the one she was facing, the one behind her as well was hit with a stream of flame, both attacks smashing through the artificial gijinka before they could explode. Turning mid-air again, her back now facing Nine, Vita lowered herself so that her feet would hit the ground, skidding to a halt as her wings expanded outwards to parachute her as well. As the genesect that she had launched into the air was falling, now side by side with Nine, the two looked to each other and nodded. Before the creature landed, it was met with two powerful blasts of fire, tearing the creature to pieces before it even hit the ground. 

Letting out an impressed whistle, Nine said, "nice work out there Champ. A shame there's no doubles in the arena," the Houndoom joked before giving a wave to Vita. The two split off, Nine hurrying deeper into the battlefield. After making his way through more of the Genesects, Nine eventually got to a small group that seemed to have formed around, presumably, their destination. With a joke the Houndoom said, "well, seems like I'm the slow one of the bunch here." 

DcxYSU0.png?1

Continuing to make her way through the swarms of the metal gijinka, Marie's path was cut short as one landed in her path, seeming to lock on to the girl. Grimacing at the creature, Marie took a deep breath, letting loose an icy wind to strike at the creature. The Genesect didn't seem all that bothered by it, though the ice began to coat the creature and cause its movements to start jerking more. This did not stop it, however, from crouching and pointing its cannon at her, charging lightning in the barrel. Diving to the side, Marie hit the ground again, dodging the lightning beam as it harmlessly struck the ground. Letting out yet another stream of icy wind, towards the creature, it again didn't do much but slow the creature down. Working herself up, Marie sprung back up to her feet, firing a blast of water as the Genesect tried to charge up its attack yet again. 

With the electricity charging in its cannon, Marie fired another blast of water, this time into the cannon itself. The water mixing with the electricity cause the charge to short out, exploding a bit and destroying the cannon in the process. Now missing a part of itself, the creature began to slowly stumble its way towards her, glowing as it did. With a panic, Marie began to run the opposite direction, diving to the ground again, still being hit by the shockwave of the explosion as the creature detonated itself. Rolling on the ground, Marie picked herself back up again with a low, "oww." As she stood up, Marie was about to get back to running, when three more Genesects dropped down in front of her. Grimacing at the trio, Marie back away slowly as the three began to move towards her. Each of them locking onto her, each of them starting to change the element in their cannons as they began charging.

"Duck now!" A familiar voice sounded out, that Marie decided to listen to as she ducked. An intense wave of heat followed, threatening to scorch the girl despite being under the main force of the attack, that blasted straight into the trio of Genesects. With one of them ignited and falling to the ground and the two others being injured as well, Marie couldn't do much but stare in awe. 

The girl blinked a few more times before a look of realization crossed her face. Standing up fully, the girl looked towards where the voice went and stammered out a, "M-Moltres!?" 

"Fufufu, you couldn't tell from those flames?" Moltres stood with her arms crossed and a cocky smirk. "I should be the surprised one seeing a small fry out here."

Wide eyed with mouth agape, Marie was stunned at the sight of the legend before realizing what she said, her expression going to a half pout as a result. "Wh-what do you mean? I'm not small, in fact look," the girl threw her arms out to the side. "I'm much bigger and stronger then last time!"

Moltres looked down at her and eyed her up and down before putting a warm hand on top of her head. "Huh, so you have. Maybe once you have one more time you can come and challenge me yourself eh?" She frowned. "But first there's these guys to worry about." She began to charge energy before rushing towards the nearest Genesect, wings spreading out and surrounded in a white light.

Grinning from ear to ear as the legend praised her, the girl then snapped back to attention and pumped herself back up. "R-right! Take this!" The girl looked to the other Genesect, taking in a deep breath before going to let out yet another blast of water. The Genesect had been damaged by the blast, being knocked back though still moving towards the girl. Firing out a few shards of metal that peppered the Brionne, the girl grimacing from the shot. 

"Hey! Over here, dumb metal doll!" Letting loose yet another scorching wind, the Genesect that had struck Marie had been reduced to scrap metal from the force of the attack. "You should try and keep moving; otherwise we're going to be buried in these things."

Nodding slowly at Moltres's comment Marie said, "r-right. Yeah." Beginning to move forward the girl stopped again before looking at the legend. "Um...well, I just wanted to say...thanks. Not for right now - well also right now. But, just in general. Meeting you was like...well, it helped me a lot in my journey and uh..." Blushing as the girl was twiddling her fingers she then shouted, "next time we meet I'll be super strong for sure! And I'll be able to show you that for sure! So uh, yeah!"

Moltres blushed and her eyes darted away. "W-well, of course it did. I'm a Legend! And you better remember that!" She smiled at the girl. "Make sure you survive to get that strong, alright? Don't do anything stupid. Or else I'll have to punish you!"

Nodding with a big smile on her face, she said, "of course!" With a wave the girl shouted, "see you later!" and then made her way further into the fray. After a bit more running, the girl eventually managed to reach a small gathering of others. This likely being the destination they needed to get to, Marie prepared herself mentally for the fights to come. Her thoughts were interrupted, however, as another girl mentioned her arms. Confused, but feeling happy for the girl's excitement, Marie looked to her and gave a thumbs up, "yeah...arms."

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy continued to fight his way through the Genesect horde, definitely doing quite a bit of damage to the numbers...at least he thought he was. However, the sheer numbers began to be a bit too much for the Incineroar. He found one tackle him and knocked him to the ground...the carelessness was definitely there on his side. "Grrrrrr...GET THE HELL OFF ME, RUST-BUCKET!!!" he roared, doing his best to knock the thing off him...however, someone else stepped in to help.

In one fell swoop, the Genesect was grabbed, yanked and tossed via a Circle Throw by a familiar ally to Randy: the Poliwrath from Northshore.

"Heh...you know I had that under control, right?" Randy rolled his eyes, smirking at the Poliwrath.

"Maybe you did maybe you didn't it doesn't matter. I see someone I can toss and I toss em!" He said with a flex.

"Heh, fair enough I suppose." Randy rolled his shoulders some, cracking his knuckles a bit as well as dusting himself off. "Been keeping count?"

"Tossed about thirty, I, don't really know where they ended up after that...But I'm sure it's fine!" He gave a laugh.

"Thirty? Heh, not bad...I've had about...twenty-nine on my end." the Incineroar said, launching a Fire Blast at a small group of charging Genesect.

"Not surprising with those flames there." He said, then crouched down and, putting his hands down, gathered up energy before launching a Focus Blast to follow up. The combination between the Fire Blast and Focus Blast was quite an interesting one, as it knocked the Genesect for a loop.

"Focus Blast? Heh, just full of surprises aren't ya?" Randy laughed, although fighting for his life, he was enjoying himself.

"Can't just work out one muscle." He grunted and was hit by a blast from another Genesect. Which caused him to stumble back. "Damn things hit hard." He muttered. Then, continuing his former statement. "But it's nice to have a specialty too!" He then ran towards the Genesect right before it fired again, grabbed it, and spinning in a circle, threw it somewhere off into the distance. He looked proud though it was clear he was starting to slow down a bit.

"Hey..." Randy said, definitely noticing. He was about to say something, but gave the Poliwrath another look, before shaking his head and smiling. ...I'd probably get reprimanded for telling him what I was going to...best not to say that... he thought. "...keep kicking their metal asses, sir."

"Of course, that's what I'm here for! All that training is paying off!" He nodded. Then, with a frown, looked back at Randy. "If anyone can break through to that...lift or whatever contraption they talked about, it's you. Don't wait up for me I'm better suited for knocking around these things here!"

The Incineroar looked at the Poliwrath, before shaking his head with a slight sigh. "...you really do remind me of him...right down to that." he chuckled, moving towards the gijinka before holding a fist towards him. "If that's the case...I guess, this is good-bye then. Thanks...for everything."

The Poliwrath laughed heartily, bumping fists with Randy. "Ah, don't go getting sappy like we won't see each other when this is over. I think after all this I might be able to give you the Advanced course!"

"Heh, well I'll be looking forward to that!" Randy laughed, nodding at the Poliwrath. "Well, give em hell out here. Leave the tower to me..."

With that, Randy left the Poliwrath and headed towards the tower, knocking through and fighting his way against the Genesects yet again. He could see the other gijinka he knew fighting their hardest as well...the Tyranitar...Eve...and even Trevor. However one caught his eye, a Pupitar gijinka who was definitely holding his own against the Genesect...and one technique of his definitely reminded him of his Darkest Lariat...almost down to the movements. Hehe...now that guy seems like one interesting brah...heh... he thought, now steeling his resolve to keep going forward towards the tower.

Eventually Randy made it...appearing he made it just after Marie, to which he chuckled. "Well...guess you guys got here faster than I did...hehe, nice going." he said with a smile, whilst trying to catch his breath some. "Alright...I'm good now."