LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

hqWiIfT.png

"I hope you're ready for the long haul."

If she was being quite honest, Nani was probably not ready for the long haul. But she was here now, and it wasn't like going back was an option. She would just have to push on and if things went south, figure something out from there. For now, Nani spat the sand out of her mouth, and shook off the sand that had gotten on her clothes or skin. A quick breather never hurt anyone.

“Are you guys ready? Got a feelin’ that whatever’s through that door is gonna make our last couple fights look like a joke. Not sure why but… Call it a merchant’s intuition. There’s no turning back now though, so… Ready?”

"Ready as I can be," Nani confirmed, with a stretch of the limbs. "Either we win, or... we don't. So let's win." That was most definitely that preferrable outcome here, given these were fights to the death for some sick reason.

Lok
Team ThunderWaves

Lok let out a shout of joy as the women collapsed from the attack, before processing what had just happened. "She just wanted to help..." He repeated, clenching his fists. "...in desperation, she teamed up with those... monsters." He grit his teeth, as the portal opened up. He turned towards the others, who seemed happy to take a moment to catch their breaths. Lok hovered over the snow, legs crossed as he checked on his wounds. He counted his blessings, being surrounded by much stronger Gijinka than him, and was glad that he could at least be some sort of help.

He took a bite from the berry that Keanu had passed him, nearly chocking as Taiga mentioned the idea of her taking up Kalia's spot. "Having to fight you... that's a scary thought!" He had seen what the girl was capable of doing, her brutal fighting style. He wasn't sure if he and Keanu would be able to take her on. "...I'm just glad both of you are on our side." He said, nervously chuckling as he took another bite from his berry.

Once everyone had taken a moment to rest, Lok stood up, stretching. "Well, we didn't just come here just to stop now, right?" He said, marching forward. He felt a lot more confident now than he had at the beginning of all of this, ready to take on whatever challenge was on the other side with his new teammates.

Scarlet
Team SuperPower

Scarlet let out a sigh of relief as Brooke's inferno of an attack finished her once hero. It was bittersweet, having defeated someone that she once considered unbeatable would normally be a good thing. However, the thought of her once idol falling from grace and being a Godslayer... it still didn't sit well with her. "The long haul..." She muttered, steam flowing from her body. There wasn't much time to dwell on her feelings, as the portal opened up. They were far from done here. Despite how much her body ached, she had to move forward.

Her teammates seemed to have the same idea, ready to move on. Scarlet nodded, stepping forward. She turned towards Nani. "There's only one way this ends, and that's with us 'winning'"

"I'll make sure of that."

Once each of the groups were prepared they would enter the teleporter once more. This time when they emerged, unlike the rather elaborate rooms they had been before, this one seemed incredibly simplistic. Rectangular with plain, metallic, walls it resembled the first room they had seen when arriving on the lift.

Beyond being larger, and there being no lift, the other obvious difference was a large door at the other end of the room. Which had chains across it that was glowing with some kind of aura.

Each of the groups would arrive a few moments before the other. All of them appearing on one of four separate teleporters along the end of the room across from the door.

Towards the left they would notice some movement and, when looking, they'd see them.

Ari, Mac, Dora, and Marie, the four youngest that had joined them in this fight, were on the ground and heavily injured. Standing nearby was a blindfolded Lucario.

The man was holding up a strong-looking Zebstrika, which some of the group would recognize as the former Godslayer Jabari, by the neck. Jabari looked to be unconscious as the Lucario tossed him aside carelessly.

He stood still for a moment before turning to those who had arrived. It felt as though, even though he clearly couldn't see, he knew where they all were as he moved towards the center of the room. They could feel a powerful aura radiating off of him. One that seemed to be on par with even the Legends they had faced. One that made even the most angry, or eager, of them to hesitate.

It was clear, due to the injuries on the young Gijinka and Jabari, that they had been fighting for some time and yet the Lucario seemed to be hardly so much as touched. When he reached the center of the room he stared straight ahead with a frown on his face. "I assume this means the others are defeated. Shame. I wanted to crush them myself once this was over. This one was kind enough to betray us and let me face him myself. Disappointing as it was." He let out a sigh and shifted his position slightly. "I was promised battles with powerful Legends. Yet here I am facing you all instead."

He was silent for a moment then seemed to come to some sort of conclusion. "I'm tired of this. I don't care what he says. Once I sweep you aside I will go up and take the fight to them. I've waited long enough. If you want to live then run away now. There's no point in fighting you when there are much greater opponents but you can't continue without beating me first."

BGM

Just then the Lucario's aura flared up and increased in intensity. So much that they could feel it. As though a flame were being held in front of their faces. The young man grew somewhat larger in size and a couple more spikes appeared on his arms and legs. A quartet of what resembled scarves unfurled behind his back and the feeling of strength he gave off before suddenly multiplied.

"You have heard the term Godslayer before. But none of those weaklings you faced before represent that word better than me. Flee, or die, either choice is acceptable for me."

Important OOC

Spoiler

Here we go. Everyone is together now and it's time to face Lucario; the nameless Gijinka who has destroyed an entire city and defeated several Legends.

To make things run smoothly there are some things you must know. If you attempt to attack on your own it will fail. He will dodge, or block, or counter the hit. So you must cooperate with others to land hits. This doesn't mean you need to collab but at least some actions from at least one, though you could do more, other player. The hope for this fight is to mix attacks with the rest and come up with combinations that haven't been possible until you all came together like this.

This doesn't mean that only half of you have to post. The more that post the better this will go. But basically try and get one or more other players to provide assists for your own attacks. (of course you can also provide assists for theirs in your post too)

If all goes well this could potentially only last a few rounds. But gonna need a bit of cooperation to do so. This all said Lucario's info is as follows:

Mega-Lucario, Level 95, Adaptability. Moves: Force Palm, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Extreme Speed, Detect.
Lucario's basic attacks are incredibly powerful as well and he prefers using those unless pressed. Though he's more willing to use his actual moves now because he wants to win this quickly.

If you want dialogue be sure to ask. But you can have Lucario act in your posts as well. My own weekly posts will be somewhat bare-bones as to not make it more difficult to respond.

8mvNFQT.png

As Easter sat, Nine took out a can of lemonade, which didn't really strike him as the sort of drink he'd...well, drink. But then again, he wasn't really sure what kind of drink he'd drink anyway. Alcohol, maybe? "That's fine," the fairy type nodded. He wasn't the type to drink lemonade in the first place. Nothing could compare to soda or sweet tea or hot chocolate or literally anything that was sweet. Unless it was sweet lemonade. Then it wasn't so bad.

“Yep. Not much left past here.” Nine rose, walking to the teleporter.

"I hope so, anyway," Easter followed.

What awaited him on the other side...was not pretty. Seeing Dora so heavily injured on the ground like that was enough to make the fairy type's blood boil. He wanted to rush forward and take her out of harm's way. But in doing so...that would put himself open to take a hit from the Godslayer. And this one would not be so simple to take down. He could tell...he was a cut above even Ankou and Nikora. The last time he had felt like this...was when he had stared down Kyurem.

Looking around the room, he could make out some familiar faces, which was a relief. At least Brooke and Denku were all right, but Dora...he clenched his fists. I'll kill him, he thought, losing the fragile hold he had over his bloodthirst. I'll blast him into smithereens, but first, I'll rip out his-- this continued on even as the Lucario spoke up.

"I assume this means the others are defeated. Shame. I wanted to crush them myself once this was over. This one was kind enough to betray us and let me face him myself. Disappointing as it was." He let out a sigh and shifted his position slightly. "I was promised battles with powerful Legends. Yet here I am facing you all instead."

Easter growled, blue eyes narrowed into animalistic slits.

"I'm tired of this. I don't care what he says. Once I sweep you aside I will go up and take the fight to them. I've waited long enough. If you want to live then run away now. There's no point in fighting you when there are much greater opponents but you can't continue without beating me first."

"Oh, I don't mind fighting you. Not at all," Easter's rage seemingly evaporated as he smiled, though his brows were still tilted down in anger. The Lucario's aura flared then, and he not only changed appearance slightly but he even grew larger in size. It was mind-boggling, but Easter thought he had heard of such things before. It was very rare though. That this man could do it...meant he might even be in a league above Easter. Then again, I've fought plenty of people above my league before, especially lately.

"You have heard the term Godslayer before. But none of those weaklings you faced before represent that word better than me. Flee, or die, either choice is acceptable for me."

"How about neither?" he rushed forward then, aiming a kick at the Lucario. However, his leg was blocked, and then grabbed, as the Lucario flung him down onto the floor. Gritting his teeth, Easter glared up at the Godslayer.

--

M5kN9eN.png

"She wanted to do the right thing...but she went about it in about the worst way possible."

"She just wanted to help..." Lok repeated, clenching his fists. "...in desperation, she teamed up with those... monsters."

"Yeah..." Keanu couldn't help but wonder. If he had washed up on shore, alone, without Randy or Marie, and met the same person that Kalia met...would he have done the same? The sad thing was, he probably would've. It was only by the whim of fate that he had avoided a similar scenario.

As if reading his mind, Taiga spoke up. "Weird to think that in a different world...I'd probably be in her shoes, huh?" she smiled then, and Keanu wasn't sure whether he should find that smile attractive or terrifying. Probably terrifying, considering what she just said. "As if I'd lose to you two, though!  Fufufufufu!" Yep, terrifying for sure.

"Having to fight you... that's a scary thought!"

Keanu was impressed by the boy's courage for voicing what he had been too afraid to.

"...I'm just glad both of you are on our side." He gave a nervous chuckle as he bit into his berry.

"I'm also glad both you cousins are on my side," Keanu said, opening his eyes. It wasn't just Taiga who had shown some terrifying ability out there. Lok had too. He might not have the Sharpedo's raw power, but his strategic use of moves reminded the Raichu a bit of himself. Sometimes, it was less about strength, and more about technique. There's probably a dirty joke in there somewhere, but I'm not gonna worry about it now.

It wasn't long before Keanu blacked out, though he thought he heard Taiga start to snore as he drifted off. But it was Lok's voice that woke him up. "Well, we didn't just come here just to stop now, right?"

The Raichu yawned, stretching himself like a cat. "Guess not, though I wouldn't mind it." Still, he knew this had to get done, so he forced himself to his feet all the same.

Upon going through the teleporter, however, he couldn't help but be surprised at what he saw. A bunch of other gijinka, some of them he recognized, either as teammates or just having seen in the big melee with the robot gijinka. But there was one in particular he recognized that was lying off to the side of the room.

"Marie!" he cried out, glancing over at Nani and Randy. How would the others react? Randy wouldn't be dumb enough to just charge right in, right? Especially against a moke who seemed as tough as this one. He'd only ever felt an aura like this when he faced off against legends. Even if Marie was injured, they had to be careful or they'd all get themselves killed here. This thought was only reinforced when the other began to change in both shape and size.

Except then somebody rushed forward like a brainless idiot anyway. Who would be so stupid to--oh. It was that scary cutie. The one in pink who talked about tallying up the number of robot gijinka she had taken down. Except even she was tossed to the floor like nothing, and Keanu wanted to go forward and help her, scary or not. Except he was too scared to... But I need to, he thought. I need to start the fight sometime...I can't have this girl here showing me up. Even if her attack failed, it took a lot of courage, or a lot of stupidity, or both, to attack after seeing that transformation.

As he was agonizing over his decision, somebody else had already rushed forward. And somehow, he wasn't surprised by who it was, either. "You're all talk, but it's gonna be easy to beat your ass with that blindfold on, chump!" Taiga chortled as she ran at him, gnashing her teeth together in preparation for a Crunch attack.

However, this time, perhaps because she was going against him with an actual move, rather than slamming her into the floor with basic martial arts, the Lucario shifted his stance as he prepared to unleash something that looked really, really nasty.

Something Keanu couldn't let happen. Without thinking, he threw out an Electro Ball from the other side. The Lucario was forced out of his stance as he dodged it, taking the Crunch attack head-on. "So this isn't impossible, then," the Raichu breathed. His nerve had failed him at seeing the ease with which the Godslayer had handled that Sylveon, but they weren't as doomed as he thought they were. "We just need to work together."

Immediately afterward, Taiga was knocked backward by a Forceful Palm.

"Nope. We're doomed. Dead. Make loa," Keanu moaned.

Edited by Waluigi

EOlaaCE.png?1

Walking through the teleporter, Nine felt an immediate pressure upon entering the next room. This one was much less elaborate then the other rooms, being similar to the room that they had all gone into when they first entered this base. The next most immediate thing that Nine noticed was just how many people were in here; that being everyone who had entered here in the first place. They, however, were not the first ones in here. A Lucario who emitted an enormous amount of pressure stood, presumably being their foe. By his side was a group of younger gijinka who had all been knocked out or heavily injured, as well as another familiar face. Nine grimaced as the man tossed Jabari aside like he was nothing. It was clear from the lack of injury as well as the sheer force of his aura that he emitted this man was in a league beyond everyone else they had fought so far.

Even the aura itself felt like something far beyond almost everyone else he had met. Kushiel's aura had been steadfast and resolute. Raphael's had been chaotic and destructive. This felt like some unholy union between the two. Yet still, even as their opponent seemed to go even further beyond his current strength, Nine didn't think to back down. He had come this far and no matter the foe he couldn't stop here. 

Creating a ball of fire in his hand, Nine crushed it allowing his body to wrapped in a healing and defensive flaming aura. Once Easter and the other two of his allies had attack Lucario, Nine ignited his arm and went for an attack himself. Letting loose a flamethrower, the Lucario didn't seem to miss a beat in between actions. Leaning to the side and crouching, he effortless avoided Nine's flame. Then, before Nine could react, the Lucario appeared in front of him, ramming his knee into Nine. Letting out a gasp as the wind was knocked out of him, being knocked backwards and stumbling. As the Lucario began to reorient himself, however, he was met with a rather angry Gabite charging head first at the man. 

Slamming his foot on the ground, Lucario extended out his hand to grab the steel headbutting Kazo by the head, cancelling out his attack. However, his other arm was exposed as a Pupitar jetted forward. Trying to raise his arm up to defend against the attack, he couldn't move fast enough as Denku's electricity coated teeth bit into the man's arm. Not flinching nor stopping in spite of this, the Lucario spun around and forced his arm out Denku's mouth. Tossing Kazo into a wall, the Lucario spun around and slammed his aura coated palm into Denku, launching him into an opposite wall. 

Taking a deep breath, Nine tried to ready himself for his next attack against the Godslayer. With a nervous smile he said, "well, he's certainly a tough nut to crack." 

5bGoK6n.png
iU8EggM.png

The battle was over against Allie...and apparently so was them talking to one another. Randy attempted to speak to the Tyranitar, but all he had gotten was the silent treatment. A fair response, if anything...but regardless...Team Paragon moved forward into the portal after their rest...though what Randy saw next set his whole soul alight.

This was the Lucario from before...now in a Mega...and on the ground, various other gijinka...but the one that struck him was a Brionne: Marie. Just like before, his soul ignited the fire again...and he saw flashes of the last meeting with the Lucario. This was something he wanted, but at the same time didn't want. Every fiber in his being wanted to let loose and strike at the Lucario now, just like he did last time for the same reason. But that would result in just the same thing occurring, and Randy...now being this close...couldn't let that happen.

"Nope. We're doomed. Dead. Make loa,"

"That's quitter talk, Keanu..." Randy finally spoke up, walking up to the Raichu. There was a fierce determination in his eyes and his demeanor...it showed that he was taking this as seriously as he could. There would be a hell of a fight with this...but he was taking it more seriously than the last two fights combined. "Way I see it...the moment opens up, someone needs to get Marie and the others out of range. Otherwise they'll be in the crossfire. Besides...we have the advantage here...he's Fighting and Steel..."

The Incineroar rolled his shoulders and began to approach the Lucario. No word was said, just simply the Alolan gijinka simply firing off a Fire Blast towards him and immediately rushed forwards, right behind the Fire Blast. Once the Fire Blast hit it's target...or the obvious incoming Aura Sphere collided, Randy used Acrobatics slightly before preparing to assault the Lucario with Close Combat. This would definitely keep the Lucario occupied for another to strike.

2EYX8Lr.png

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Adarid 

The attack she received from the Lucario had sent Taiga all the way across the other side of the room.  As she had crashed into the wall, she let loose a gasp of air, her head shooting up towards the ceiling, as she started to drift away.  Her conscious was fading fast, and her vision grew dark.  However, just as soon as she had fallen into the darkness, a sharp beam of light shone through her mind.  All of those people who helped her get to where she was today.  Scarlet, Isole, the whole Showdown crew, Zygarde, Groudon, and especially Landorus.  There faces shone brightly at her, as she caught her breath.  They had all trusted her to get this far, and take these Godslayers down.  She couldn't lose them here, or ever!  She had gotten faster, just this once, but it would hopefully be enough.

"I've been hit by a lot of attacks during this damn journey..."  Taiga laughed, wiping some blood from her mouth, "But I'll give it to ya...that was the hardest I've ever been hit by a sea mile!"  Taiga rose to her feet, and placed a hand on her chest.  "But listen here!  Ain't no way I'm going down that easily!  I got people to protect, and people waiting for me on the other side!  You're in the way of all that, ain't ya!?"  Taiga's chest began to glow, as the light seemed to radiate from her whole body.  "Somethin' tells me that If I don't go all out against you, I'll die, so prepare yourself!"  Taiga's entire body began to change, as her hair grew longer, and her fangs grew larger and sharper.  Even her clothes seemed to change with the magic power that was allowing her to transform.  Once it was all said and done, Taiga threw out her hand, pointing it straight at the Lucario.

"Mega Taiga the Terrible is here to Mega ruin your day!"  This guys gimmick was clear as day.  He could counter one move, but he would always be hit by the next.  She cracked her knuckles as a large red haired Gijinka proceeded to charge behind a Fire Blast.  Taiga laughed at his show of bravado, opting to get to the Lucario first.  She let loose a huge waterfall from beneath her, opting to send it hurtling towards the Lucario, who dodged it with grace.  However, from behind the extinguished Fire Blast, the Red-Haired Gijinka came flying in with a barrage of fists and kicks, smacking the Lucario senseless, or so it seemed.  When the man was finished with his assault, and his defenses seemed to be lowered, the Lucario appeared right behind him with a sensationally, extremely speedy attack.  The man had no time to react, as the hits came in a flash, the Lucario not even so much as flinching as the attacks landed.  

Taiga tipped her newly acquired hat to avert her eyes from the Lucario's pressure.  

"Damn...this ain't gonna go as smoothly as I'd hoped."  Taiga looked over the crowd, to find Scarlet dillydallying as usual.  "Hey, Chrome Dome!  Better get busy powerin' up, or get busy dyin'!"

Edited by Mr. Hyde

hqWiIfT.png

This guy was the next obstacle. And everything added up to paint him as... a big problem. But all the same, he was one that Nani - along with the girls from before, plus a whole bunch of others now, including her adventuring partners up to now - would have to fight their way through. And that was just what Nani would do. As others began the charge, so did Nani, falling back and seemingly into the floor, before popping back up just behind the Lucario. As she came back up, Nani delivered a kick to the Lucario, only to be met with her foot effortlessly being caught. Which left Nani in an awkward not-really-balanced state.

"Huh. Guess being blind makes you better at seeing through tricks."

"Even without my eyes I can fight better than any other. I remember you. I let you live once. But not this time."

"Feeling's mutual. Luckily, I don't need to fight better than any other." After all, he was incredibly outnumbered. As was demonstrated when from the crowd further back, a blast of psychic energy made a crash course for the godslayer.

Lok
Team Gijinka

Lok nearly fainted under the pressure from the next room. Standing there was a blindfolded Lucario, tossing a familiar face to the side casually. Lok let out a gasp - he thought Jabari was with the Godslayers, and yet here he was, fighting against them. More concerning, however, was how effortlessly it seemed this Lucario had beaten him. Jabari had bee one of the strongest gijinka he had ever seen, and to see him be defeated by this monster.

It was worrisome, to say the least.

Once again, he had considered running away, as he had many times before. However, in the crowd of gijinka that had appeared here he saw familiar faces. His new allies he had made coming here, Keanu and Taiga, were charging into the fray. Nine and Easter as well were fighting here as well. "Let's... Let's do this!" He said, clenching his fist as he took a deep breath. He used Double Team to create three other clones of himself, taking a deep breath as he watched the other's attacks be blocked effortlessly. It would seem that going in one on one wasn't going to work for this - they were going to have to truly work together if they were going to defeat this frightening foe.

Scarlet
Team Gijinka

As Scarlet stepped into the new room, the first thing she did was look for Taiga among the crowd. The shark girl had made it out alive, as Scarlet had expected, next to two others she didn't recognize. There wasn't time to touch base with her just yet, however, as the Lucario tossed the Zebstrika aside. Scarlet did a Swords Dance as the Lucario spoke, getting ready to dart in, before feeling what she could only describe as a heat wave coming off of the man as he seemed to transform. This pressure he was radiating... it was nothing like she had felt before. More importantly, he seemed to also has some sort of Mega form like she and Taiga did. Scarlet grit her teeth, wings fluttering. "The only one dying here is you, bastard!" She screamed, dashing towards the Lucario and leaving a red trail behind her.

She ran up and fire off a series of Bullet Punches, a series of blows that he effortlessly blocked with one hand. She was in shock - even if he wasn't blindfolded, she could tell he wasn't even fully paying attention to her. And yet, he perfectly blocked the attacks, before firing off a sphere of aura at her, sending her flying back. "How did he...!" Just how strong was this guy, she thought, as she opened her pincers. This guy was far stronger than anything she had fought before - even compared to the other Godslayers she had fought here. "I see..." She said, planting her hand on her chest. "You think you're strong... but we're stronger! I won't let you and your bloodthirsty monsters hurt anyone ever again!" Her body started to glow - not red, like it had in the past, but a blinding white light radiated from her armor. "Your reign of terror ends now!" Her armor morphed as she grew, her pincers becoming longer and more jagged.

She stood there, now in her new form. She turned to Taiga, who was shouting at her to power up in her new form. "It's good to see you too!" She shouted back, turning back towards the Lucario. "On the count of three, we strike together. He can't stop both of us." She said, extending a hand out towards Taiga. "We'll put this monster in his place."

"Together."

Edited by ? REP ?

The Lucario took a few steps back as the Psyshock blast hit him. "You. I can sense the arrogance deep in you. You believe yourself strong...No, none of you are nearly strong enough even after all your journeys. I was meant to be the perfect warrior and I refuse to settle for anything less!"

"We'll put this monster in his place."

"No, you will NOT!" The Lucario stated. The aura flared again. It was frightful before but this time it exerted an actual physical force. A wave that passed through them all and knocked them off balance without the Lucario having done anything. His mouth curled back into a snarl. His sharp canines and pink gums being exposed as the guttural sound emerged from his throat. The aura around him seemed warped and savage.

And then he moved forward at extreme speed. Bringing a knee into Taiga's gut. In the same motion he twisted around and put a hand on the small of her back. Shoving her out of the way before immediately turning to thrust a Force Palm into Scarlet's chest.

Without missing a beat and without any wasted motions the Lucario fired off a, in every sense of the word, blind Aura Sphere which curved and raced towards Nine.

Moving back from Scarlet and Taiga he brought his hands together and a beam of Steel energy launched towards Easter.

Somehow it seemed that the Lucario had increased the pace even more. Those with more combat experience among the group would realize what was going on.

Simply put, the Godslayer was finally warmed up.

Spoiler

If any of you have watched the anime imagine Korrina's Mega Lucario's aura
This

So yes, the pace has increased. From here on the Lucario will use his actual moves more often. And with that said...I still would like you to put any combos/co-op you can yet. Especially as soon there won't be any more chance to do so. But also if you put enough effort into the posts you can land hits still. Basically the more actions your character and the Lucario make the more you can actually hit. The majority will still be dodged or reflected if not co-op but if your character works hard they will get pay-off.

I don't want the fight to just go a few hits and done but I also don't want to drag it out. Given everyone vs one would get dull if too long. With that said I'm hoping only a couple more rounds sp I'm counting on y'all to make it believable. ?

Reminder
Mega-Lucario, Level 95, Adaptability. Moves: Force Palm, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Extreme Speed, Detect.

While everyone had managed to throw in their own attacks, there was something that definitely caught Nine's attention more than anything else. Looking towards the Sharpedo and Scizor girl, he couldn't help but be amazed at how they seemed to have the same kind of power that the Lucario did. Of course they weren't on the same magnitude of raw power that Lucario was, but the fact that they could do that at all helped Nine keep his spirits up. This was dashed fairly quickly as the sheer force of the Godslayer's aura had pushed them back. Gritting his teeth, Nine tried to right himself back up as he saw a rogue aura sphere tracking its way towards him. Diving to the side, the aura sphere came crashing down to where Nine was standing. Spinning against the ground, tearing it up, the sphere didn't seem to stop though and instead launched itself back towards the now downed Nine. Striking him in the gut, Nine rolled across the ground as the wind was knocked out of him from the sheer force of the attack. 

Wincing and coughing as he felt his whole torso reel in pain, Nine look towards his foe. Picking himself up, Nine was starting to get how immeasurably strong this Lucario was. There wasn't anyway that any one of them could possibly hope to match him in combat. There wasn't any way any of them could come close to how strong he was. But just like every other fight, Nine knew that he only needed to be strong enough to win. Empowering his aura with darkness, the man looked towards his foe with renewed focus. 

Though the Lucario seemed to take  note of Nine he was barely preoccupied with something else as an Incineroar from behind at come had let loose a fire blast. Side stepping the attack effortlessly, Nine saw his chance, stepping in the path of the attack and taking the fire blast head on. As the flames absorbed into the Houndoom, he started to radiate with a red aura, letting loose an intense stream of flame towards the godslayer. Seemingly unfazed by this, the Godslayer covered his palm in aura and thrust forward, meeting Nine's attack head on and fizzling it out. 

It was still not enough. He still wasn't strong enough to even threaten the Lucario. So, when strength failed the only thing to do was be crafty. Looking around, Nine saw that there was a good deal of others getting ready to charge the man yet again. A full out frontal assault would definitely not work. And even then, the man seemed to possess some kind of extraordinary perception in spite of his blindness. Which meant he probably had something else he was relying on. Nine thought for a moment, only to seem to figure something out. 

Igniting his arm and putting his other hand in his pocket, Nine seemed to take something out of it. As he let loose a stream of flames, he tossed the thing into the air. As the fire raged towards the Lucario, he effortlessly stepped back and to the side to avoid the fire. As he did, though, both Randy and Denku already seemed to be ready to follow up. The Incineroar charged forward ready to slam a barrage of punches into the man with the Pupitar rocketing forward, containing the entire force of an earthquake in his own punch. Stepping further back and tightening his stance, the Lucario charged both of his palms with aura, thrusting them at both of the attacks on either side cancelling out the force of his foe's strikes before they could even threaten them. Not relenting, the man then grabbed onto both of their hands, beginning to tighten his grip as if to crush their hands. 

The man paused, however, as he sensed something coming from below as well as something coming straight towards him. Bursting out of the shadows, charging her foot with pink energy Nani leaped forward and moved to kick the Lucario. The man seemed ready for this, beginning to bend back and shift his stance, only to pause as something suddenly hit him in the head. It wasn't particularly forceful nor did it hurt in the slightest. But the sudden appearance of an empty lemonade can landing on the Lucario's head suddenly had caused him to briefly lose focus. And that moment was enough for the attacks to follow through. Nani's rough playing fairy foot smashed into the Godslayer's face as Kazo burst out from the ground, smashing his head into the back of the Lucario's. 

The man stood there for a moment, surrounded on all sides. Tightening his grip again, the man tossed the two in his hand to the side. Then, in one swift motion he slid out from the foot and head of his two assailants, stepping back and striking at both of them with a flash cannon before instantly moving and appearing before Nine yet again. With a swift and powerful kick, the Houndoom was launched into the wall, coughing yet again as he could feel the full weight of the man's foot into his ribs. It still wasn't enough though. In spite of the solid hits, he was still going. So the only thing to do was strike even harder. Channeling darkness through his body, enhancing his aura even further, Nine thought more and more about what to do to defeat his opponent.  

8mvNFQT.png

As the others had joined in the fight, Easter had picked himself off the ground and backed up a bit, throwing out a Psyshock when he saw a Pikachu gijinka--that was a Pikachu, right? A Pikachu gijinka kick at the Lucario, though their foot had gotten caught in the process. Much like mine had. He then couldn't help but feel...a little jealous at seeing two other gijinka transform just like the Lucario had. If only he, too, could harness that kind of power... He could destroy this man. Make him suffer for what he had done to Dora and the other children. Children...they didn't deserve the injustices that came their way. This is just like Deku all over again, except this time, it's a Godslayer and not a God. That was a thought. I wonder if this is the one who took down Thundurus. In which case...I owe him my thanks. But if he did, it's obvious he didn't do it because of what happened to Deku. This is the kind of man who doesn't care about collateral damage, so long as he can fight strong people.

And he had once been just like that. It was almost too much to bear.

And then things just seemed to get worse, as the Lucario seemed to take them all more seriously. But that was fine. It didn't matter how serious he took them all, he would go down. Easter would make sure of that.

His surroundings blurred as he rushed forward bullishly, dodging to the side to avoid the Flash Cannon that came his way. He didn't entirely avoid it, but that was fine. It was all fine. The pain only made him stronger, because what mattered. What mattered was that this man in front of him. Needed to die.

Throwing out a Moonblast, Easter threw himself at the Lucario, barely giving him time to react to not just one, but two attacks coming his way. But there was a glint in the opponent's eye as he seemed to predict one of the attacks, and he easily blocked the other. But Easter wouldn't give up. No, he couldn't give up. He just couldn't--

"Are you sad? Did someone take away your candy?"

Easter couldn't get it out of his head. Dora there, lying on the ground. Motionless. Overlapped with Fawkes, and...him. The one he failed to save. The Eevee who had been the favorite of the S.S. Showdown. He was the glue that tied all of them together, but he was gone now. Fawkes was too, but she was still alive. Maybe. Or maybe she had died in the invasion. And Dora, she was now...

Another Flash Cannon, a blinding white force that lit up the tears on his face. Tears he almost didn't realize were there, though he should've realized it when his surroundings began to blur. On reflex, Easter blocked it with his shield, the tears continuing to flow as he threw out punches, kicks, mixing it up with attacks. Anything to get through. But each and every one was blocked or redirected almost effortlessly. As the fight continued, he grew angrier and more desperate, his attacks less focused.

A flash of orange caught his attention, and he recognized it as Brooke. She was here too. She was probably just as angry, if not angrier. That's right. He wasn't fighting alone. This wasn't a solo battle.

She Blitzed forward, a Flare of bright orange surrounding her like a meteor. Getting an idea, Easter added his own twist--a ring of pink Swift stars that circled the Emboar and added even more strength to her attack as she charged at the Lucario. Perhaps it was the combined force that did it, or the fact that the fairy type had been a decent distraction on his own, but this attack managed to hit. It was disheartening to see how little effect it seemed to have on the Godslayer, but Easter wouldn't give up. He would keep fighting until he took this child murderer--no, he didn't murder Dora, not yet at least, and not ever if he could help it--down.

--

M5kN9eN.png

"That's quitter talk, Keanu..." a familiar spoke, causing Keanu to turn slightly. It was Randy, his usual grin absent as he approached with fire in his eyes. "Way I see it...the moment opens up, someone needs to get Marie and the others out of range. Otherwise they'll be in the crossfire. Besides...we have the advantage here...he's Fighting and Steel..." The Incineroar rolled his shoulders and began to approach the Lucario, opening up with an array of combos that would leave any ordinary opponent, or even some of the stronger ones they had faced, breathless, and yet the Godslayer countered them as easily as breathing.

It was impressive, but also worrying. But of course, it was that Lucario, after all. The one they had met originally. And Marie had been battling him all by herself...well, she always had been braver than Keanu. He probably would have just surrendered then and there. Thankfully, the Brionne was off to the side already, but the Raichu decided to move her, and the others, further. Just in case. During that time, more had joined in, including Nani and some other gijinka. Two of whom just...transformed. Just like that. One of whom he recognized. Taiga. Of course it was her. Didn't matter that she was already terrifying. No, she had to go and get even more terrifying. Of course that's how it worked. Keanu wasn't really sure what had happened to make her transform like that. Or the one she called Chrome Dome--whose name was most likely something entirely different. Is it something in the water? he wondered. Give me some of that, olu'olu.

There was one fighter in particular who impressed him. A Houndoom who not only had raw power, but brains to back it up. That was the kind of fighter Keanu wanted to be, though he knew he'd probably never get there. Still, da kine to strive for, I guess? In contrast, the pink cutie charged forward with an almost feral look to her. Raw power, but no finesse, and even less so as the fight went on. Still, it worked well enough as a distraction. Rather than run forward like others had though, he stayed back. There were quite enough people in the melee right now, mahalo.

It seemed like Nani had a similar idea as she threw a strange Spectre-ish Bone from further back. Almost automatically, perhaps because of how many times he had done combo attacks with Marie--ugh, Marie, be safe--Keanu threw out an Electro Ball that crackled around the bone. The Lucario had turned toward the bone as if to block it, but Keanu, taking advantage of his Psychic powers, moved the bone up, and then left, and then down, in an unexpected trajectory that forced the Godslayer to take the hit.

We can do this. Well, we have to, anyway.

2EYX8Lr.png

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Adarid - Warp Room

"You. I can sense the arrogance deep in you. You believe yourself strong...No, none of you are nearly strong enough even after all your journeys. I was meant to be the perfect warrior and I refuse to settle for anything less!"

"On the count of three, we strike together. He can't stop both of us." She said, extending a hand out towards Taiga. "We'll put this monster in his place."

"Together."

"Together."  Taiga nodded.

"No, you will NOT!"

This dude was now totally pissed, as the aura around him began to swell and swirl, almost knocking her off of her feet entirely.  She didn't even have time to properly react before the Lucario had rapidly sped his knee straight into her gut.  A forceful 'Fu!' left her, as did the rest of the air in her diaphragm.  He then made his way behind her in her dazed state to place a palm in the small of her back, and shoot her away.  Taiga which way was up at the current moment, but as she was sent flying back she saw Scarlet get a chest full of forceful palming.  The way this guy was able to knock them away so mindlessly was starting to irritate her.  She regained control of her flight path, using her feet to skid to a halt.  With the Lucario's attention being diverted elsewhere, Taiga made her way to Scarlet.

"I got a plan...you're a good swimmer right?"  She asked the girl who wore a heavy suit of armor.  As they discussed, Taiga could feel another wave of pressure hit her like a truck.  She looked up, noticing the Lucario was now starting to get serious.  A bead of sweat began to fall down her face, as more began to follow suit.  This guy was just toying with them before, but now he didn't seem to be holding back.  Taiga rolled her shoulder, and bit down into the air a couple of times, preparing her jaws for the ensuing battle.  "Well I didn't think I'd live this long anyway...let's get on with it then."  Taiga nodded to Scarlet.  "Together!"  

"1...2...3!!"  Scarlet roared, as a gust of wind seemed to pick up from behind them, the whole team's speed in the room now picking up the slack.  Taiga abruptly was shot into the air with a pillar of water from beneath, as she began to ride it towards the Lucario's position.  Scarlet then dove into the bag of the waterfall, and began treading water like her life depended on it.  

"You might have slain your fair share of Gods, punk!  But you ain't never tangoed with a Tyrant like me!!!"  She yelled as loudly as she could, riding her super fast pillar of water on a collision course with the godslayer.  However, he merely smirked before standing a top the water fall himself, right in front of Taiga.  How he could stand atop of it so easily bewildered her, but she snapped herself out of it.  She threw a punch towards him, only for it to be swiftly dodged, but Taiga continued her rapid onslaught, throwing in multiple kicks and bites as well as jabs.  They were all seen through easily, as the Lucario seemed to bob and weave in between all of her attacks like his own dance.  He wore no expression, as if he were bored, causing Taiga to get even more furious.  "COME ON!  STOP ACTUALLY TANGOING AND FIGHT ME, DAMNI-"  A palm to her stomach was enough for Taiga to choke on her words, sending her off of her waterfall and hurtling back towards the ground.  As she continued to descend, she smirked.  From beneath the water, Scarlet shot up like a blazing torpedo through the top of the geyser.  Her fist dug into the Lucario's jaw, sending him flying into the sky.  As Taiga hit the ground, she let loose a grunt.  But there would be no time for breathers.  Their attack was only halfway done. 

"Come on, come on!  I need to be even Mega-er!"  She got to her feet and took a wide stance.  She roared, gathering all her energy.  She took out a dark jewel from her pocket, only to take a giant chunk out of it.  As she began munching, a dark swell of energy began to come off of her, much like how Lucario had done before, although to a lesser extent.  With a thumbs down aimed at the airborne Lucario, Taiga gave another battlecry.  "Let's put him in the dirt!  It's time to slay the slayer!  DON'T Y'ALL GO BACKING OUT NOW!"  She roared to the rest of the Gijinka in the room.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Scarlet
Team SuperPower

Scarlet landed from her attack, water droplets gracefully falling around her, next to the Lucario. The Godslayer didn't seem keen on getting sucker punched like that, the Lucario turning towards Scarlet. "Yes. We. WILL!" She shouted, darting forwards once more towards the Lucario. As she dashed in, she barely managed to sidestep the Force Palm coming her way, before getting socked in the ribs by a sudden Extreme Speed, sending her staggering back. Gritting her teeth, she jumped up into the air, bringing her massive pincers down on the Lucario's head. However, just as quickly as the Lucario had struck her, he side stepped it effortlessly, leaving Scarlet exposed in the crater of her own attack.

She let out a gasp of pain as the Force Palm struck her side, sending her staggering back. She barely had time to catch herself from falling as the Lucario fired an Aura Sphere towards her, the Scizor barely having time to bring her arms up to block the attack. "Damn... he's fast..." She remarked, gritting her teeth as she swung her arms to the side. Even with her sudden power-up, she could barely keep up with the Godslayer. Still, she wasn't about to let up now. She darted back in, firing a Bullet Punch towards the Lucario. The Godslayer simple pushed her arm to the side, before slamming her gut with a Force Palm.

Scarlet let out a gasp as she stood her ground, the floor beneath her shattering from the impact. Despite the pain, however, Scarlet grinned, gripping the Godslayer's arm with a Bug Bite from her other arm. "Gotcha." She remarked, her wings fluttering as she spun around, carrying the Lucario with her. She lobbed the Godslayer towards Taiga, who was ready to strike. "Now!"

"I'm gonna rip you to shreds for hittin' me like that!" Taiga shouted, a wicked grin stretched on her face as the Lucario flew towards her. She sunk her vicious jaw into the Lucario's shoulder, the dark energy around her maw exploding. She let out what sounded like a laugh, although it was muffled due to the shoulder in her mouth. With a violent twist, she slammed the Lucario onto the ground, jaws still locked on his shoulder.

"Good work!" Scarlet said, her shoulders slumping as steam rose from her body. If they kept that up, they could take down this impossibly strong foe. She held her side, keeping her eyes locked on the Lucario.

hqWiIfT.png

Oh dear. He was moving even faster now. If he could move like that, there was even less escaping this fight for anyone looking to slip out. Not that the odds of slipping out of here weren't pretty much zero in the first place or anything. So really, all that could be done was fight. And Nani would continue to fight - tooth and nail if she had to - in order to get out of here and into the next room. As she looked back at the crowd of fellow adventurers, she noticed Randy in particular from the bunch. He seemed to be taking "tooth and nail" a bit more literally, as his mouth filled up with fire. Neat trick!

It gave her an idea!

For a moment, Nani's posture was eerily similar to Randy's, and the Mimikyu then opened her mouth to similarly show that it was indeed full of fire. The faster Nani closed the distance between herself and her foe, prompting the Lucario to promptly step away from the flaming teeth of the Mimikyu. But doing so put him squarely in Randy's path instead, giving the Incineroar a clear opening to chomp down on the enemy.

"Maybe you should stop avoiding me," Nani smirked.

Brooke was blinded by rage. The Lucario had gone through some kind of transformation--a mega form. She didn't care. Her attention was solely on the fallen form of Dora, unfamiliar from evolution, but still the little girl she had protected for what had to be forever now. Still the little girl she had read bedtime stories to every night to help her go to sleep when she was scared of being alone. Still her little Dora. 

Flames cloaked her and she charged forward. The Lucario was powerful, but he was being swarmed, and Easter reinforced her attack with a barrage of pink stars (a swift). The cooperative attack hit the Lucario hard, her portion of it super-effective, but still not enough to REALLY slow the monster down. "You were the one who destroyed Deku!" she snarled. "YOU TOOK MY HOME! YOU TOOK MY SHOP! I WON'T LET YOU HAVE DORA!" Her voice deepened as she screamed; it became discomforting, layered, the sound of a hundred voices all speaking in unison. A burning blue white flame swallowed her whole, completely outshining what had seemed like a powerful Flare Blitz, hot enough that it would dissipate the moisture off of any who even looked at it. Then it began to take shape and grow into the upper half of an Emboar warrior, massive, towering over everything and everyone in the room.

"BURN!" The Avatar of Flame slammed her huge arms down at Lucario. It wasn't a fast attack, but it was powerful, hopefully enough to enable another volley of attacks from the others.

5bGoK6n.png
iU8EggM.png

Now the combinations were just flying through...some of these people he hadn't even met, and yet they played off one another so perfectly. The Houndoom apparently had Flash Fire which definitely helped when the Fire Blast he shot out missed...so that there was definitely something. Plus him and Denku going on the offensive and almost being as in sync as Denku and Kazo...must've been the last few fights that really assisted there.

But the most recent combination definitely surprised him. Randy was preparing a Fire Fang to strike at the Lucario...and he noticed that Nani did the very same...leading the Aura gijinka to be right in the direction of him.

"Maybe you should stop avoiding me,"

"Hehe...mahalo, Nani!" Randy smirked. He preferred the new found way of launching the Fire Fang attack...but this definitely felt more...warranted. "This is for Marie!!" he roared, his Fire Fang making contact with the Godslayer's arm, the crunch being dealt as he whirled himself and the Lucario around for a few moments. "Alright...here's your stop!!" He finally opened his mouth and launched the Lucario in the direction of an Emboar. "Think fast, wahine!!"

Lok
Team Gijinka

Lok and his clones made their way towards the Lucario. Considering everyone else's attacks were seemingly not having the best results, Lok doubted his attacks would be able to hurt the slayer even if he was able to land something. The best he could do, he figured, was to try and burn their foe. Lok noticed he was running alongside a hooded gijinka with a fiery maw, getting ready to attack. While he was easily able to dodge the attack, it gave Lok enough time to surround the Lucario with his clones, as he did his best to try and land a Will-o-Wisp.

The Godslayer didn't have time to counter strike Nani, the ghost boy surrounding him with clones. All four of the clones seemingly fired off their own Wisp, although only one of them would actually burn. Not like it mattered, as the Lucario, with an impressive show of acrobatics, managed to not only dodge all of the ghastly fired, but also managed to plant a Force Palm right into one of the clones throats, causing it to disappear into a puff of smoke. An ExtremeSpeed quickly took out another one soon after.

Lok let out an audible gulp, another wisp forming in his and his last clone's hand. However, Lok was starting to panic as the Lucario seemed to stare straight at him - the real Lok, knowing fully well which one of the two was real. Lok wanted to back down then and there, but his legs were moving on his own, as him and his clone charge forwards.

Before the Lucario could react, however, a Dark Pulse shot from the arena, coming from Nine. While he was able to side step out of the way of the attack, it made it harder for him to jump out of the way of the Wisps coming at him, the real one striking him right in the chest. Lok didn't have time to celebrate though, as the Lucario very quickly darted towards him, slamming his gut with a Force Palm that sent the ghost boy flying back as the clone disappeared. Lok slammed on the ground repeatedly, before crashing against the wall. He nearly blacked out from the impact, his vision blurry as blood slipped from his mouth. Still, he had a faint smile on his face as his attack hit its mark.

Lucario was breathing heavily. This simple fact, something that should be normal after such an intense fight, seemed to startle the man. He only barely moved out of the way of the next attack and jumped back. He fired an Aura Sphere towards the rampaging Emboar, whose Aura had suddenly flared up in much a similar way to his own, and moved away from the woman to land a kick on the Sylveon instead.

He didn't understand what was going on. He hardly had fights last this long when he was being serious. And worse he was even wounded. As evidenced as, landing after moving away from Easter, he clutched his side for a moment.

This was all wrong. They should be falling at his feet. Even the ones he had struck, despite that they were blows that should have taken down most normal Gijinka, were fighting on through the pain and injuries. The Lucario felt an anger building in him that he didn't understand.

Still. He would fight. He just needed a little longer and they would all fall.

Darting around the others he aimed for one of the most troublesome of them. The Sharpedo, and thrust forward with a Force Palm. Moving back and away the moment after to move on to the next.

But which? They were all around. Foes that somehow were, while not keeping up, holding out.

Off to the side, in the practical pile of young Gijinka, Mac struggled to a kneeling position. She groaned as she raised her head to see the battle raging on. It hurt. It hurt like hell. But she knew she couldn't just sit there while the others fought. And she was sure that Ari felt the same. She grabbed the young lion by the shoulder and shook him. "Ari, get up, this isn't the end. C'mon, let's let this jerk have it alright?"

The Litleo stirred at Mac's words and the two of them helped each other to their feet. They each raised an arm as fire and electricity, one for each, erupted along said arm and formed into a ball in front of their palm. These two attacks shot forward and merged together, forming a larger ball of flame and electric current, which spiraled forward towards the Lucario.

He let out a small noise of surprise as the attack approached. Bringing his hand back he thrust his Force Palm at the ball and stopped it in place. The two powers fought each other until the Lucario won out and the Fusion attack stopped short.

Despite not being struck he still turned his focus on the two. "You...should not be standing. How are you standing?" He let out a shout, actual anger slipping through "How many times do I have to stomp you down before you stay on the ground!"

He then darted towards the two young Gijinka, fully focused on finishing the job.

Spoiler

So, this SHOULD be the final round for this. The first couple attacks Lucario won't be focused on avoiding or blocking but after a few hits he'll go back to being focused again so first couple posters take advantage of that. Make all your attacks count cause, hopefully, will be enough to finish the fight next week.

Also Sethera don't feel you must post as Ari this round.

EOlaaCE.png?1

All of their attacks still didn't seem to bring the man down. In spite of all of the power that they had, in spite of how strong some of them were their foe was still standing. But, well, in spite of the beating they had taken, so were they. And as Nine's breath was ragged, he noticed something that deeply caught his attention about his foe. So was the Lucario's. Showing wear and tear. Showing frustration. The Houndoom couldn't help but smirk at the sight. Still, it wasn't enough yet. Just his frustration alone wasn't enough to change the absolute difference in power and speed. They needed something more. Something to not only hit him with, but to completely shift the momentum away from him. Something big. 

As Nine was trying to assess the situation, the Lucario sped towards the younger of the gijinka that seemed to be getting up from their prone position. As he did, though, he was stopped in his tracks and took a quick back step to avoid the rampaging flaming arm of the Emboar. As the flaming avatar's arm crashed into the ground, the Lucario seemed to switch focus almost immediately and looked towards the Emboar. Speeding forward, he immediately closed the distance between them. Bringing both of his palms forward, coated with Aura, the man struck Brooke dead on, forcing his attack through the heat and launching her from her spot. As she flew through the air, she made a collision course with Nine, the latter being knocked back as well. Managing to stay on his feet, trying to keep her up as well, breathing heavily despite the pain Nine said, "don't worry, I got ya." 

As his hands were now on her, however, the flaming avatar of the Susanoo started to flicker and distort around the woman. Slowly shrinking and breaking apart, it soon dissipated. The flames of the large creature had all seemed to flow into Nine, who was now glowing brighter then before. Giving a sheepish smile at the woman, Nine said, "sorry about that. Seems I uh...took your move from you. But..." Looking at his hand, Nine felt something he hadn't before. A heat radiating through him, one that was absolutely sweltering. A flame that even he was having trouble containing. Looking at the woman in a bit of awe, wondering just where this power came from, he understood that this wasn't like his usual flash fire. This was like a raging torrent held back by a barely functioning dam, and once he released it, it wouldn't last long. Yet still, from what he had seen, this wouldn't be enough to win. This great flame. This whipping wind behind him. His power and speed were far beyond normal, but they wouldn't outclass the Lucario's. Which meant he needed one more thing. 

Looking towards Easter, Nine called out. "Easter, I got a plan, but it'll only work once. For both of us. So, you ready for it?" 

With everything set, Nine took a deep breath. "Here goes nothing," he muttered. "Hey God Slayer! Perfect Warrior huh? The strongest there is, right?!" At this, an explosion of flame and heat erupted around Nine, a cloaked of flame appearing around him. The Houndoom's arms glowed, as if made of fire themselves burning white hot as large flaming silhouette of a demonic beast appeared behind him. His expression defiant and his eyes glowing as if embers, the man shouted, "then show me what you got!" 

The Lucario looked towards Nine at his provocation, holding up a palm. Charging a sphere of aura within it, the sphere itself seeming far larger yet rougher then before, the Godslayer launched it towards Nine. Bringing up the arm of his flaming demonic avatar, Nine grabbed at the sphere with the clawed hand. Grimacing as he could feel the heat stinging him, the clawed arm exploded into flame as he managed to crush the sphere with its sheer power. The Lucario, in his frustration, was stunned that such a thing had happened, though seemed to regain his focus almost immediately. Reforming his arm of fire, Nine swung each arms towards the man, extending far beyond the natural reach of Nine in deadly flaming arcs towards the Godslayer. Each attack the Lucario had managed to side step, duck under or jump around. As a result, Nine brought both of the flaming arms back, a pink light soaring into the sky as he did. Then, bringing the hands forward, he attempted to slam them closed around the Lucario. 

The Godslayer, in turn, stood in place. His aura flaring up to the same intensity that it had before, the Lucario took a deep breath as the hands closed near him. With more aura then before charged in his palms, thrust both of them against the flaming hands, a brief clash of force appearing before his aura had managed to completely destroy the flaming arms. The man didn't have eyes, but Nine could feel a piercing gaze from the man as he stomped his foot into the ground, his aura still flaring as if to declare, "I'm stronger than you." Then, in an instant the man charged forward with extreme speed towards Nine. 

However, before he could get close enough to hit, a Sylveon had appeared from behind the Houndoom. Putting up a shield of pink energy, the Lucario's fist struck the shield as a pulse of pink energy was let loose and traveled into him. Paying no mind to this, the Lucario swept Easter's legs out from under him and blew him away with a force palm. Nine brought his arm back, ready to punch at the now closer Godslayer, but couldn't manage to do so.

Nine coughed out blood, the air leaving his lungs as he was struck by a force palm. An attack that seemed to carry more power and hatred behind it then any other he had received thus far. As Nine's knees began to buckle the flames around his body started to fade. As it had turned out, Nine was right. He wasn't strong to out speed or out power the Godslayer. He wasn't strong enough to win. But he was strong enough to smile at his opponent, and say, "gotcha." 

As a pink light flooded Nine's body, his wounds seemed to heal up as his flames ignited even brighter then before. His left arm blazed, mixing the aura from the Lucario's attack and erupting blue flame from it. In most other situations, the Lucario would be able to have easily dodged such a telegraphed attack. But he was frustrated. He was confident. He was sure that that attack would've stopped Nine, the ranged attacker. And yet the man still stood, using his most hated tactic against him. The Lucario attempted to step back and begin dodging but his thoughts were a mess, clouded in confusion and he momentarily lost balance. It wasn't for long, nothing more than a half second. But that small window was enough. Trying to focus himself, the Godslayer threw up his arms to defend against the attack. 

As Nine's fist struck the Godslayer's arm, the flame and aura all exploded at once, letting loose a blast of force and heat throughout the room. The Lucario went sliding back from the attack, his feet grinding and destroying the ground underneath it he tried to keep his footing and maintain his stance. In the end, the Lucario came to a halt, still standing. Not defeat. Yet his arms were smoking, clear scorch marks coating them as his arms trembled trying to go back to normal after taking such a hit. He didn't win, but Nine had been strong enough to do what he set out to. Letting out a deep sigh, his aura of flames vanishing as he began to collapse he shouted, "everyone! End this while you can!" 

8mvNFQT.png

Seeing Brooke's impassioned rage was enough to douse Easter's own, or at least lessen it. He wasn't alone, and he wasn't the only one upset over seeing the children in such a state. This wasn't a solo battle, but a melee that included him, Brooke, Denku, Nine, and everybody else who was there. Even Dora had fought earlier. As the Sylveon ran alongside Brooke, getting ready to attack, he was kicked back by the Godslayer, blown almost straight back into another gijinka. Apologizing to them, Easter turned to face forward again. He hurt, a lot, but that didn't matter right now. The Lucario was also hurt, and that's what mattered. If they could just finish him off...

And then a couple of the children stood up, letting out two unbelievably potent attacks--actually, they looked a lot like what he had heard the special techniques of the twin dragons to be. The Sylveon smiled. Not bad. Those two have potential. He wondered, briefly, if Morgan, his little sister, would ever learn to fight like that as well. Not likely, he thought. Not if she's living under those gijinka. He shook his head in disgust.

But the Lucario managed to counteract the move with a Force Palm of his own. "You...should not be standing. How are you standing?" He let out an angry shout, "How many times do I have to stomp you down before you stay on the ground!"

"It's called determination," Easter replied, though he doubted the other was listening. In the process, he saw Brooke's attack fail--for such a powerful-looking attack, it never has managed to hit anything that I've seen. Perhaps it just has low accuracy--and then be swallowed up by Nine's Flash Fire. Now even more buffed up than before, the Houndoom turned toward the fairy type. "Easter, I got a plan, but it'll only work once. For both of us. So, you ready for it?"

"Of course," the Sylveon replied, mouth quirking into a grin. "Lay it on me."

The plan showed all the innate cleverness of the dark type Nine was. Easter couldn't help but be impressed, and then even more so when the plan succeeded. This is what I've been working toward, he thought. I don't always have to be the heavy hitter. Sometimes, support is just as, if not more important. And so, when Nine shouted for them to end it, instead of attacking, Easter instead looked over everybody who was there. Who needed healing? Who needed protection? He wasn't alone, after all. This was a team effort.

The fairy type spotted a couple, but one, in particular, looked to be in pretty bad shape. A Sharpedo, who looked to have taken one Force Palm too many. Ignoring the fact she was one of those hated dark types, Easter closed his eyes and concentrated in a Wish for her to recover. And then closed his eyes again, focusing on Brooke, who would surely be exhausted after that Susanoo. And then again. Until he was satisfied that everybody was healthy enough to finish this fight safely.

As if sensing the danger of what Easter was doing, the Lucario sent out a Flash Cannon toward the fairy type but found the attack blown back by the combination of a large Draco Meteor as well as a Stone Edge. Denku and the Gabite he had been talking to back on the ship stepped up then. Easter sent the Pupitar a nod of thanks, watching as the two ran forward in unison, seeming to move as one mind. They had to have fought alongside each other before, the Sylveon thought. They wouldn't be able to show that level of cooperation otherwise. They'd just be tripping over each other. As he thought that, one leaped into the air while the other dove underneath the ground.

--

M5kN9eN.png

Watching the others fight took Keanu's breath away. More and more, he was starting to realize just why his brother had loved watching wrestling so much. As the Houndoom finished up his combo attack with the pretty pink-haired wahine, who looked to have calmed down from her earlier fury, Keanu rushed forward, riding a wave toward the Lucario that would hopefully trip him off his feet. However, the Godslayer was ready, turning toward him and sending him flying back with an Aura Sphere. But Keanu wouldn't, no couldn't give up just from that. Shooting out an Electro Ball, he followed up with a quick Thunder Wave, though he couldn't tell if it managed to hit or not.

Whether it had or not, the Godslayer seemed sufficiently distracted for Randy to come in with a Close Combat. Taking the hit with a wince, the enemy whipped his head to the side and shot out a Flash Cannon toward the pink-haired wahine, who had her eyes closed, head bowed, almost as if she were praying. But why would she be praying in the middle of a battlefield?

Thankfully, the attack had been blocked by a combination of a large purple meteor and stone. The familiarity of the latter move had him turning toward the source with shock. Allie? But no, it was a Pupitar, not a Tyranitar, and a male besides. He raced toward the Lucario alongside a Gabite who then dove underground while he shot forward as if propelled by a jet. As he reached the Godslayer, the dragon type popped out of the ground, arcing up like a twister in a pincer attack. Randy wasted no time in joining in, leaping into the air in a display of aerial Acrobatics before dropping down on the Lucario. The fighting type looked ready to retaliate but froze momentarily, his limbs stopped in place by Psychic, forcing him to take the full force of the blow.

Keanu grinned exhaustedly as he saluted Randy. Guess this scrap's not as hopeless as I thought, after all. Sure, there were many that looked to be in pretty rough shape, including him. But right as he thought that some of the gijinka who had been the worst off, including Taiga, began to heal before his eyes. Not entirely, but they didn't look on the verge of joining Marshadow in its night march of death anymore, either. So that was something. Not that he knew how they were healed, but maybe the Tapu were smiling down on them or something. More likely, one of their allies had a healing move though. Whichever it was, it didn't matter. What mattered was that they were now, hopefully, able to finish this scrap. The Raichu turned toward the Lucario. "We're gonna buss ya up, no two ways about it!"

Edited by Waluigi

2EYX8Lr.png

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Adarid - Warp Room

The godslayer was now on the ropes!  The whole room of Gijinka was in perfect sync in an effort to topple this lone wolf.  Taiga watched on with a huge grin, wheezing as she did so, when a blue blur almost as fast as her appeared right in front of her once more.  

"Not agai-"  Her grumble was cut off by a swift palm to the chest.  It felt like all of her bones were caving in, collapsing her entire chest in on itself.  The force sent her careening into the wall, leaving quite the large crater.  As she plummeted down to the floor, she released a large spat of blood from her mouth, coughing profusely.  She'd never been so damaged in any of her fights before...this really was one for the books.  Her sad excuse for a past began to flash before her eyes, her evolution from outright sea urchin to a wannabe seafaring pirate, it was almost laughable.  The world didn't really need someone like her thinking she was running the place, now did it.  At least she was able to help the rest of these fools one last time, before her inevitable death.  Although, some part of her honestly thought she was going to make it out of this alive...and do something with her life.  Do something good.  "Fufufu..."  Was she laughing at herself?  Her wish?  A wish? 

"I want to see them smile again."  

Something brought her back from the brink of death, in a beautiful show of light.  It almost stung a little.  Her chest felt better, and her wounds were healing rapidly, for the most part.  She got to her feet, and noticed a Sylveon in the room had given her a gift.  Taiga, not being one to usually thank others, nodded at Easter.

"You're a life saver!  I owe you one after this!"  She barked at the fairy. 

Taiga rolled her shoulders, smacked her face, and cracked her neck, before taking a runners start.  With an insane speed that broke the ground beneath her, she bolted off in the Lucario's direction.  Once he sensed her he grew furious, his aura flaring to intercept her. 

"This time I must make sure you stay down!"

However, she charged through the storm of raw power, jumping to pirouette in the air in an effort smack the Lucario in the face with a roundhouse kick.  The Lucario bent back fast enough to dodge the foot, but wouldn't be able to dodge the oncoming torrent of water that came his way.  As it crashed into his side, he was sent flying across the room, slamming into a wall as the water continued to beat him down.  Gathering his strength, he was able to push back against the rushing geyser enough to free himself, and jump to the side.  However, Taiga was able to intercept him straight out of the air, as she had traveled through her own waterfall with a ferocious pair of umbral jaws that clamped down on the Lucario's torso.  She made sure to clamp down extra hard, an attempt to emulate how hard he had hit her prior.  

"This...You think this is enough!?"  The Lucario ferociously remarked.  Taiga could only laugh.

"No way."  She pointed up towards the ceiling.  "That is."  As he looked to the ceiling, he would see a well placed Scarlet, who had used all the strength in her legs to rocket herself towards the Lucario.  With a supreme display of Superpower, the Scizor divebombed straight through the Dark Fangs.  They shattered like glass, as she crashed directly into the Godslayer, sending both of them hurtling into the ground, fracturing it beyond the damage that already lie there.  "Hopefully, that'll do the trick."  

hqWiIfT.png

As the fight continued on, attacks continued to fly to and fro. And it looked like Keanu over there - standing across the Lucario from Nani - was getting ready to fire a thunderbolt at the guy. Nani had an idea. In her hand, another one of those bones appeared. Predictably and unfortunately, when Keanu fired his attack, the Lucario expertly side-stepped it. How one could dodge lightning was beyond Nani, but she wasn't going to worry about that right now. The moment she saw Keanu move to fire, the Mimikyu flung her new bone forward. With Lucario out of the way, the bolt and bone collided, wreathing the latter in lightning and changing its angle of flight. On a new collision course for the enemy everyone had been ganging up on.

Zap.

Susanoo of the Flame was not a normal move. There was no way to learn or imitate it; hundreds of years of attempts at replication had proven the endeavor futile. It was a move passed down through bloodlines, or to be more specific, the legends claim all users can be traced back to a common ancestor.

There is a story amongst the Emboar gijinka of a legendary warrior from ancient times. They were said to be so powerful that no other warriors dared to challenge them, bringing the first extended period of peace to the area through virtue of their strength. So great was the reputation of the warrior that it attracted the attention of the legendary known as Victini, who came to the warrior’s land to see if the rumors were true. Upon arriving in the legendary warrior’s land, however, Victini was beset upon by a horde of Gijinka all of whom wished to claim the power and title of legend for themselves by defeating them.

Victini was surrounded and was not especially versed in combat; they could burn a few to ashes, but they were greatly outnumbered. The legendary warrior, however, upon hearing of a horde of warriors in their territory, had rushed over to see what was going on, and with their great strength they wiped the horde out in but a few moments. All that was left of the would-be-god-slayers was the dust in the wind. 

Victini, impressed by the strength, skill, and character of the legendary warrior, granted the Emboar a large fragment of the infinite power the legendary stored within them. This power was so great that even such a skilled warrior as the Emboar could not totally tame it, but with training, they were able to manifest it into a flaming suit of armor. 

It is said that this fragment of energy is still burning inside the descendants of the legendary warrior to this very day, and the spirit of the warrior and all those who previously wielded the ability are stored within the fragment as well, protecting and defending all those who would oppose the peace of the land.

Brooke had never learned these legends. She had no idea about her parents, much less any relation to any long dead legendary warrior. What she did know was that from the time she could remember she had felt a fire burning inside her very core; it kept her warm in even the coldest nights, brought a modicum of comfort to her on the roughest days, and when she learned how to use her Susanoo that fiery core was suddenly an immensely powerful weapon. When she undid the seal she always imagined around it, completely broke the imaginary bottle she contained it in, that was when the Flame Avatar emerged. A thousand voices rumbling in the back of her head; emotions so intense she could barely contain them, all driving her towards violence, pushing her to INCINERATE whatever had dared to hurt that which she had promised to protect. 

And when the Houndoom broke her fall… that fiery core was suddenly gone. For the first time in her life she felt truly cold, alone, with nothing to warm her. The Houndoom on the other hand was so positively glowing that she was forced to look down; her Flame Avatar had surrounded him. He had… he had stolen her flames. It felt wrong. 

She clenched her fists experimentally a few times. The fight was still raging, but suddenly she was very tired. It wasn’t until the Wish from Easter washed over her that she even managed to push herself onto her feet to take stock of her surroundings. Everyone was rallying for a final push to finish the Lucario. She… she needed to help too. Dora still needed her to protect her. She looked around and spotted Easter, supporting everyone, and her spirit swelled a little bit. He had come a long way from the bloodthirsty Sylveon she had met in Deku. She wasn’t alone, no matter how cold she felt, and Nine was making good use of her fire. "Thanks for the heal, Easter!"

She had contributed. She was not useless. 

If she attacked now she would only get in the way, but she was ready, waiting for an opening, or even to play defensive if Lucario escaped the barrage of attacks. Being reactionary wasn’t always a terrible thing.

Edited by Cheshire Toon

Scarlet
Team SuperPower

Scarlet grinned as the Lucario seemed to be at his wits, almost surprised that he was losing. Her victory was short lived though, as she watched the Lucario strike Taiga with a Force Palm, sending the shark girl flying back. "Taiga!" Scarlet shouted, sprinting towards the crater on the wall. She found Taiga unconscious, blood everywhere on her around her mouth. "Hey, wake up! C'mon, he's... almost..." She said, nudging her friend with no response. Tears started rolling down her cheek as dread started setting in. In frustration, she slammed the ground next to her. Taiga was barely breathing in her state; still technically alive, but in her current state, that wouldn't last very long. "Thank you... for everything, partner." She gave her friend's body a hug, before picking herself up. She was distraught, as tears continued to roll down her face. However, she couldn't stay and mourn her friend - Taiga wouldn't want that, she was sure.

She still had to take down that son of a bitch.

"YOU BASTARD!" Scarlet shouted, immediately breaking into a mad dash towards the Lucario. She didn't even notice that the others had landed a heavy blow on the Lucario. Nor did she notice the wrestler that was also making his way towards the Godslayer. The only thing on her mind was taking down the bastard that had killed Taiga. She struck the Aura Sphere that was launched at her, sending it barreling towards the side as she pressed the attack. Their fists locked for a moment, as the Lucario grabbed onto Scarlet's Bullet Punch, gritting his teeth. "You took her from me!" She screamed, the ground cracking below the two as she pulled back her other arm, before swinging it towards the Lucario. The Lucario caught it with his free hand, leaving both of his arms occupied. "Your reign of terror ends here, you bastard!"

The Godslayer's palms started to light up, getting ready to send Scarlet barreling back, when suddenly Randy came from behind him. With a dark energy in his hands, Randy grabbed the back of the Godslayers head, ripping him away from the Scizor. With one swift rotation, the Incineroar spun around and slammed the Lucario onto the ground. Scarlet was caught by surprise by the sudden ally. She couldn't tell what type of gijinka he was, but that didn't really matter right now. "Thanks." She said, her eyes still locked onto the Lucario that was picking himself up. Both Scarlet and Randy got into a fighting stance next to each other, as Lucario prepared to attack the two in front of him. However, he suddenly jumped back, as if he felt another come to join them.

Scarlet let out a gasp as she saw a torrent of water rushing towards the Lucario. "Taiga!" She was alive and ok, somehow. She wasn't sure how; maybe another gijinka had healed her. She'd have to ask later, though - they had a fight, as Taiga sent the Lucario flying to the other side of the room. She turned towards her new muscular friend, a crazy idea coming to her. "Launch me upwards." Randy seemed confused, slightly hesitant. "Trust me!" With a shrug, Randy did as the Scizor demanded, tossing her upwards towards the sky.

Scarlets wings fluttered as she landed on the ceiling, before using all of her force to launch herself off of it, leaving behind a small crater as she dive bombed the Lucario with a Superpower, putting as much force into her punch as she possibly could. The dark energy shattered around her like glass, giving the dust cloud around the two a sort of shimmer. Scarlet stood up from the huge crater they had left on the ground, steam flowing from her body as she looked down on the Lucario. He seemed to be at his last wits, but he wasn't down for the count, as he slowly stood back up, blood on his lips. Despite his body condition, however, his eyes still had the same fiery anger they had not too long ago. Scarlet brought her arms up, ready to keep the fight going.

She still had to take down that son of a bitch.