LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

The meteors that fell exploded with such force that none of the others could get near without risking injury. They all could just watch as the last of the draconic energy rained down on Kura. Tearing up parts of the ground and creating a cloud of smoke and dust that obscured their vision of the result of the attack. It soon cleared away however and they could see the crater where Kura lay.

As they watched they saw his arm twitch. And then he grasped the ruined ground beneath him and started to push himself up. Holding his upper body off the ground by his arms. Spittle and blood dripped from his mouth and hissed upon contact with the ground. His lips were curled back in a snarl wide enough to show all of his teeth and his eyes were wide open and crazed.

Slowly he started to get back to his feet. The columns of flame that had erupted earlier diverged their path to intercept those who tried to approach as he got to his feet.

Even standing his arms hung loose and his back hunched over. As though he could hardly bear the weight of his own body.

Still he looked up towards the rest and spoke, with blood still dripping from his mouth, his voice hoarse. "I won't accept this. With all the power I feel burning inside me you should be nothing." He winced and pitched forward. The Houndoom caught himself before he landed face first into the ground. "No." He growled. "No...it can't be. This wasn't all of it. There must be more! I know there's more of the Creator God's power to be used!" He snapped his head up to glare at each of them. "You forced my hand...I have to bring it all out. Every. Last. Drop. And then you all will be burned to ash!"

The dark flames grew even larger suddenly as Kura began to shout. Fire arced from his body and began moving around haphazardly. They all could see something happening to Kura as this happened. His skin began to crack and from it they could see the same dark flame underneath. With a pained roar Kura surged to his feet as the a geyser of flame erupted by his feet and surrounded him entirely.

Moments later the rest of the flame, the walls and the columns, started to converge around him. Obscuring him entirely from view. And covering up his own roars, or were those screams, with the roar of the flame.

And then the flames faded away. The walls of fire died down. Now simple pits of regular flame along the trenches they had been originally contained in. And Kura's body was gone.

All that was left was a pile of ashes. Which were soon blown away by some strange gust of wind.

Silence. Stillness. The unnerving feeling from before had faded away as the last traces of the leader of the Godslayers were scattered.

An energy formed where he had been. A grey glow that none of them could look at for long before instinctively looking away. The glow traveled across the room and ended above the pyramid of light where Arceus was still kneeling, not moving.

The glow seemed to be absorbed by the pyramid which faded away soon after.

They could see the glow disappear into the woman who, moving for the first time that they had seen, let out a sudden gasp.

She looked around blankly and got to her feet. Taking several unsteady feet she wound up standing before all of them. Her feet shuffling and her eyes unfocused as a sleepwalker.

And then the glow erupted around her, causing the rest to shield their eyes until it dimmed to a manageable level, and they could see life returning to her eyes.

Arceus opened her mouth and looked at each of them. Her gaze piercing down to their very soul. She seemed to come to a realization and as this happened tears began to form in her eyes.

The woman, Arceus, the Creator God, then bowed her head low. "I am...so sorry." Her voice was soft but they could all hear it clearly. As though she was speaking directly in front of them. Directly to them. And as she spoke none of them could focus on anything but her.

Without raising her head she continued to speak. "I have wronged you, all of you, across this entire world. Long ago I formed this world. Filled it with life. Nurtured and protected it. Yet even still...as time grew I became more distant from my creation. I saw the violence and hatred that was growing and knew not how to stop it. As I watched them all fight each other, kill each other, I lost hope. It is no excuse but the void I felt in my heart was unlike anything I could ever describe. I lost my will to continue. The only thing left holding together this world was the shell of my body. I don't know how long I spent in that void, the concept of time meant nothing to me anymore, and while in this state the world deteriorated more and more. So much that even those children I chose to watch over this land started to share my apathy."

She stood up again and her eyes were kind, yet mournful, as she once more gazed at the group. "I had given up on this world...But now I see how wrong I was. There may always be those who wish to cause pain. But just the same there are those who are willing to fight for this imperfect world." She smiled. "You had strength where I did not. Without it I do not think I could have awoken as I have."

The smile faded. "You've done so much despite me abandoning you. Nothing I can do will ever make up for my mistakes. But I wish to try. I shall rejoin the world and look after its people. Not as an apathetic observer, nor as a ruling God, but instead I promise to work alongside all the inhabitants of this world and do my best to correct the wrongs that happened over these many years."

Arceus's Theme

She closed her eyes and took a breath. When she opened them they glowed with a powerful energy. "And to start I must reward you. The noble Gijinka who came all this way to protect your world. Come to me and speak your wish and I shall grant it be in my power." She hesitated and her eyes passed over several of them, including Ari, and she said "Even my powers have limits. I cannot bring the dead to life. But I shall do my best to see you justly rewarded for your brave actions."

The first to approach was Dora. Not quite as strongly affected by Arceus's aura she waddled her way forward to stand in front of the woman. "Don't be sad. Everything is alright now!" She proclaimed. Causing Arceus to smile warmly. "Um...you said you could give us a reward?" She hesitated. "You see...my mama, she..."

Arceus nodded and placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. "She is sick? Yes? I see...you wish for her health. She is very lucky to have a kind daughter as you. I hope my children can find in them half the love you have for her even after..." The woman closed her eyes and a slightly pained expression came to her face. "Yes...I see now. The one who bound me brought a sickness to your home...Using stolen power at that..." Her face screwed up in concentration and then she relaxed. "Your mother shall be fine, Dora, she is growing healthier by the second."

The Quagsire somehow knew that the woman was telling the truth and let out a cheer. "Did you hear that? Denku, Easter, Brooke, mama is going to be okay!"

Smiling, Arceus looked around and her gaze settled on Mac. "You're being so quiet. I can tell that is unusual. Do you not have something you wish for?"

The girl hesitated. She scratched at the back of her head awkwardly and gave a short laugh. "I, uh, I didn't really think about it. To be honest all I really want...is to keep traveling around. Fighting and getting stronger...er, but maybe not any more of this world ending stuff for a while." She glanced away and thought some more. "I guess, maybe, could you make sure my parents are okay even with me not around? And the people of Oasis?" She thought for a moment more and then her eyes widened. "Oh and can you fix the tree? Some creepy old guy burned it down before I left town...Everyone liked that tree for some reason." Mac's voice trailed off as Arceus chuckled.

"That I can do easily enough. If you're sure that's all you want."

"Oh! But, uh, this whole helping everyone thing doesn't mean we can't fight against the Legends still right?"

Arceus shook her head. "I couldn't stop them if I tried. They do love to show off after all...In fact I may be able to convince more of them to rejoin the world as well. I'm sure you'll have quite the line to wait for however."

Mac nodded. "Then I'm all good. So..thanks, for, well, making everything...and all that." Mac grinned at Arceus.

The Creator then looked to the rest. Waiting for the next to make their request.

Spoiler

And here it is. The final round. Its been a long journey but we're at its end. What's left is whatever reactions your characters have to all this, talking with Arceus if you want, getting the "wish" and then...your epilogue.

It doesn't have to be massive. As long as you're satisfied with what it covers that's fine.

However any dialogue you want ask me. Also please let me know what wish you'll be asking for and give me an idea of your epilogue. Just on the off chance its something that causes some issue ICly. Most likely it'll be fine but just in case. If it involves another character be sure to ask whoever controls them about that first.

And, so, uh, yeah...My next post will be the last post of the RP. I know this is a bit weightier of a post I'm asking for so don't think you need it done in a week. However I would really, really, really, prefer to be able to post before October 17th, the 5 year anniversary of the IC.

kMykmrI.png

After Mac finished speaking, a small Litleo scurried forward. "You always beat me to the punch," he complained, but his jovial tone took the bite away from his words. Turning to look up at Arceus, the smile slid from his face as he remembered her earlier statement. His chest had tightened upon seeing the blue-haired girl get her mother to live, but that was just saving an existing life. Once they were dead... "I understand," Ari said solemnly in a continuation of what the legendary had said earlier. "To bring back the dead would be going against the Circle of Life. I was taught that much at home." His father, especially, as the God of Life's Disciple, had made sure that stuck, but it didn't make the fact any less painful. The mere memory was enough to bring on a wave of emotion that he could only hold back with some difficulty.

Regaining his composure--because he was a prince, and that was what princes did--the Litleo blinked, straightening his shoulders. "What I wish for is..." before, he would've wished to be strong enough to make everybody proud of him, and he still wanted that, but he didn't think it right to get that through a wish. In the end, he was only as strong as he made himself. "That everybody in Pride Rock may live in peace," his words grew uncharacteristically formal as he drew himself up with rare dignity. "That the divide that stands between lion and non-lion goes away. But I don't think that's something you can wish for either." He smiled sadly. "That kind of result can only be brought about by gijinka working together to achieve it. At least, that's what I believe." His smile brightened, and he was the normal Ari again. "So in the end, I guess I wish for nothing. I guess I just came here and wasted your time, huh?"

But as he walked back, he paused, turning around. "Oh wait! I did think of something! If you could repair the damage done to Pride Rock, that'd be great. Mom said they're still trying to repair it." His smile widened. "So I guess I do have a wish, after all."

--

8mvNFQT.png

No bringing back the dead, then? I expected as much, but still... If Easter had a choice, that would have been his wish. To bring back the Eevee child...but perhaps it was for the best this way. They had been dead for years, after all. He was glad that Dora got her wish granted, though. He had been worried about how she would react once her mother died. At least Brooke is here and would've been there for her. And me too. Denku as well, perhaps.

The Sylveon hung back till most of the others had been granted their wishes. Because he didn't know what he wanted. That was the problem. To be granted a wish...it felt so cheap. He had always done things through his own power, if one left aside the fact that most of his moves relied on the power of the cosmos, so technically... And I'm stalling. I honestly...don't know. Eventually, he knew he had to do something, so he stepped forward. "My wish...I don't know," he said plainly. "I still don't know where I'm going, or what I'm going to do." This was the most honest he had been in a long time. "But I don't think I want to just waste a wish either." He tilted his head, thinking. That Litleo had a nice idea. Repairing his home. For a second, he thought about asking that for Deku, but, remembering the proud tilt to the heads of the town survivors, he changed his mind. No, rebuilding is the work of ordinary gijinka. We take pride in producing results with our own power. Which meant that was out.

So then something that would aid his goals? But he didn't even know what those were anymore. For the longest time, he had wanted to grow stronger, no, to be the strongest. But now that didn't seem to matter anymore. Protection, that's what mattered. But he still wasn't good enough for that yet either. If he wanted to be able to protect others, he had to train further. These last battles had shown him that much.

So perhaps, going off of that, he didn't need to amend his initial goals that much. He had to become stronger so he could protect others. In which case, he could continue on the path he had set himself on all those years ago. "I think I know what I want now. I thought that I had been wrong before, in wanting to gain strength, but I wasn't. I just wanted it for the wrong reasons." He smiled gratefully at Dora, Brooke, and Denku, who had helped him to reconcile himself with that notion. And that last conversation with Nine had been enlightening as well. "So I will be stronger, but that's not my wish. Instead," his blue eyes lit up with mischief. "My wish is that you set aside some time in the future for a match. One of the best ways to grow stronger is to fight strong opponents, and I can think of no one stronger than you." He winked.

Afterward, the Sylveon swaggered back to his place, grinning like the Delcatty that got the cream. Until he realized what he could've wished for, and his face turned as long as a Rapidash. Damn, I could've wished for a year's supply of sweets, or even better...limitless sweets! It was too late now though. Oh well. Getting to fight Arceus was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. He could get sweets anytime, so he had to just stay strong. No matter how tempting they sounded.

--

M5kN9eN.png

Keanu knew right away what he wanted to wish for, and he didn't waste any time when he came up for his turn. "I want help," he said flatly. "Help to bring us," he nodded at Randy, Marie, and Nani, "back to our home, and help to fight off the Beasts that took it from us." He looked back up at Arceus. "Maybe it's too big a wish for one gijinka to make, but that's what I want. Other than that...well, I can't think of any other kind of wish." Maybe a girlfriend? But no, that wasn't really a priority. Though, speaking of wahine... "Actually, I thought of something. I'd like it if you could repair the damage done to Kalia's mind, though I don't know if you can..." But if the god could repair physical damage, then couldn't she repair emotional or mental damage as well? "I know it's probably hard to forgive her for joining in with the Godslayers, but I don't think she was in her right mind."

Keanu turned to the other Alolans. "Kalia...you've heard of her, right? She was quite famous back on Alola. Well, she managed to arrive in Adarid as well, but unlike us, she was alone... And so she decided to follow that evil Houndoom, believing it was the only way to go back to Alola. I wasn't able to convince her otherwise, but I can't just leave her alone either. She's an Alolan, like us. It feels wrong to leave her like this." Had it been him who had washed up on Adarid alone, he was sure he would've turned out similarly. And so, he couldn't really blame the Sandslash for what she had done, even though she had almost killed him.

Yes. They were going to go home to Alola. All of them. Nobody would be left behind.

Epilogues

====
Ariel: The Wise
====

"Hey, um...Jabari?" Ari approached the Zebstrika nervously, hands clasped together. "I, uh, need your help with something. I know it's probably not right for me to ask you of this, after everything we've done to your people, but..." he took a deep breath, and then looked the former Godslayer in the eye. "I don't think I can do this without you."

--

"Your Highness! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Zago panted. "I had thought the worst, but I'm glad that isn't the case."

"Yeah, I'm glad to be back too, Zago," the Litleo smiled before his expression turned serious. He turned to the Zebstrika behind him with a nod. "Because there's a lot to be done."

--

"They won't approve, you know," his mother said, eyes sad as she watched her son go through paperwork. He was far too young to be tackling such a serious issue.

"I know they won't. But I don't care. They won't approve because it takes away their privilege," Ariel, formerly known as Ari, snorted. "Well, we all saw where that lead us. If you tell somebody he's not as good as somebody else because he wasn't born a lion, well, you're just lying to them. And I know this much: lying is bad. Because of that lie, my uncle got my father killed, and himself as well. The God of Life almost died too." He shook his head. "Jabari's working hard on his end. I have to uphold my end as well."

"I understand," the queen smiled. "I'm proud of you, Ariel."

"I know. Thanks, Mom."

--

"We did it," Ariel turned to Jabari with tears in his eyes. "We did it." He held up the stone slate, admiring the writing on it as he turned it this way and that. "It's set in stone now. This is the new law of the jungle."

"They're waiting for you," Jabari nodded. The scarred warrior's countenance had changed; the ice had thawed from his blue eyes and his stance had relaxed. To the side, his younger sister Dalia stood, staring proudly at the two who had just made history.

"No..." Ariel shook his head. "They're waiting for us. All of us. I couldn't have done this without you, Jabari." He smiled sadly. "I know this cannot make up for years of oppression, but I'd like to think it's a step in the right direction."

"You did what I couldn't do before...for Dalia," the Zebstrika said. "You're a true hero."

"I don't know about that. I think if anybody here is the hero, it's you," Ariel said honestly as he turned to the former Godslayer. "Your suffering pushed you into the abyss, but you crawled your way back out of that, protecting me and the other children from that Lucario. Not just anybody could do that."

"Yeah, accept it, big brother. You're a hero, and not just to me anymore, but to everybody."

"Me, a hero?" Jabari looked disbelieving for a second, face turning serious as he mulled it over. Eventually, he nodded, mouth quirking into a small, genuine smile. "I think...I can start believing that now."

--

The Pyroar stood at the tip of the rock that gave Pride Rock its name. Next to him stood Jabari, and to the side, Zago, Dalia, and his mother the former Queen Leah. On the ground below stood a multitude of gijinka. Lions rubbed shoulders with zebras, and giraffes stood at attention next to hyenas. While there were still some who kept to their own kind, they were the minority and not the majority. The lion's chest swelled up in pride at the sight.

"Thank you, everybody, for being here," he smiled. "This day is an auspicious one. Not just for me as king but for you all as well. Today marks the first year anniversary since we implemented the Gijinka Rights Act. As you all know, this act marked a change in our history. A change for the better. Before, we were divided, but now, we are one. Lions do not stand above zebras, and hyenas are no longer considered outcast." He paused as the crowd cheered below him. "When this Act was first made, many of you were skeptical. Many of you thought that it couldn't be done, that centuries of hatred and prejudice could not be wiped out overnight. And you were right," his expression turned sober. "This is not the work of a single year, but a lifetime...no, many lifetimes. When this day has passed, the fanfare has died, and you return to your homes, you must keep what you have heard here in mind. Because equality is not made in glamorous speeches, but in the actions that we make each and every day."

"When I was younger, I never dreamed that I would set my mind to this issue. For me, it wasn't an issue because it was normal. Well, that 'normal' is no longer normal. I say this: the new normal is equality!" another cheer. "And though I never dreamed that I would do this as king, now that it has been done, I couldn't be prouder. I say here and now, I cannot think of anything nobler, or more important, than what we all worked together to achieve one year past. What has been achieved is bigger than what a mere king could do. Because it is through all of your efforts that this has been made possible." As the crowd cheered once more, he smiled. "And though this day is equally small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things, I believe it should be celebrated. Because this day was when things started to move in a new direction for this land. Henceforth, this day shall be known as the Day of Equality."

The people cheered, and the Pyroar's smile widened when he noticed a couple of familiar faces in particular among the crowd. They came. I'm so glad that they're here to see this. I wonder if Dad is watching from above as well? I can't help but think that he'd be proud of me, and what I've done here.

And to think it had all started when he ran away from home. Though that choice had brought its share of sorrows, he couldn't bring himself to regret it, or the friends and family he made along the way.

====
Easter: The Guardian
====

"It's good to see you again, Dora. Sorry, Brooke couldn't be here. She's busy getting her shop set up right now. I'm here on her behalf though!"

"Easter! Did you bring any candy? No, wait, I should get YOU candy!"

"I brought some, you little scamp," Easter pinched her cheek--ignoring the nearby guard's look of shock--before bringing out a wrapped candy and presenting it to the Quagsire to take. "This is a Rare Candy. It's supposed to be super tasty and help you grow big and strong."

"Yay! But we already saved the world do I need to get even stronger?"

"Well, there's nothing wrong with being strong. And I heard it tastes pretty good too!"

"Then I'll take it! Hey, hey, do you want to meet my mama?"

"I think I've already met her, but sure," the fairy type replied with some amusement.

When he saw the queen, he almost didn't recognize her, so different was she than the bedridden woman from before. Now, the woman appeared the very picture of health, with a regal bearing befitting her status as she smiled down at the Sylveon. "Easter! It's been a while. Thank you for coming to visit Dora. She's been a little lonely."

Easter smiled back, the smile widening when he heard the Quagsire's confused sounds in the background. "I'm always happy to see Dora. And I'm pleased to see you're doing well, too."

"Yes, I have much to be thankful to Arceus for. And to Dora, for thinking of me. I couldn't ask for a better daughter."

"And she couldn't ask for a better mother," the Sylveon replied, tone slightly wistful.

--

"Do you think...this is a good idea?" Morgan asked the gijinka next to her. Her big brother, who had, for her sake, decided to visit their parents in Northshore.

"No, I think it's a terrible one," Easter replied flatly. "But I said I'd visit, and I'm not one to break my promises." He stared at the front door of the house he had grown up in as he shifted from foot to foot.

"Oh, look, Lewis dear, the prodigal son has returned," a Flareon sniffed. Though she had aged much since the last time he had seen her, Easter knew her right away. There was no mistaking that disdainful expression.

"Son? I have no son, Catherine," the Espeon at her side replied. "Just a disgrace for a daughter." The Eevee shrunk beneath his gaze.

"Stop that," Easter snapped, moving forward. "You should be ashamed of yourselves. I don't care what you think about me, but Morgan loves you both and works hard for your sake. Can't you two see that?"

"All I see is a disgraceful girl who chooses to associate with riffraff and ruffians. Not to mention," the man stared at Easter's clothes in disgust, "homosexuals."

"Just because somebody dresses like this, doesn't mean they're homosexual," the Sylveon snapped. "I happen to be so, yes, but that has nothing to do with my fashion choices."

"Regardless, you're not welcome here in Northshore. Leave, before I call the militia on you!"

Easter stared at the man in disbelief. "It's been years, and you won't change your mind? At all?"

"Of course not! It's obvious you haven't changed one bit since you left!" his mother cut in fiercely.

The Sylveon shook his head. "No, you're the ones who haven't changed." He sighed. "I did expect this, though." He turned around, looking back. "All right, I'll go. But you should listen to what I said before about Morgan."

"Get out of here. Now." The Espeon glared at the fairy type.

"Come now, Morgan, let's get you inside. I cannot believe you. I knew we should've stopped you from associating with those Alolan savages from before. Ever since you met them, you've become so willful."

The Eevee stared up at her mother for a few long seconds before shaking her head. "No."

"I beg your pardon?"

"No, I'm not going inside. I've had enough." Her lip wobbled. "I love Northshore, and the people here, but I want to explore the world too! I know that there's so much more beyond this town, and I want to see it! I'll come back when I'm done, though. Promise!"

"You don't know what you're saying!"

"She knows exactly what she's saying," Easter corrected.

"So it's your fault!" Lewis snapped, whipping around. "I should've known you'd have put her up to this!"

"No, this decision was all Morgan's. And it's your own fault for not realizing what your own daughter wants." Easter turned away from the pair, unable to bear looking at them any longer. "Come on, Morgan. Let's go."

--

"You're sure of this then?" Easter asked, gazing at his newly-evolved kid sister.

"Yeah," Morgan nodded. "I'm sure. I've grown stronger traveling with you and helping you fight legendaries--even if I usually get knocked out right away--but I can't rely on you forever. I want to strike out on my own. Maybe see if I can find Marie! You'd like her, she's super cool and awesome and--!"

"I'm sure I would," the Sylveon interrupted. "Do you want me to accompany you until you find her then?"

The Flareon beamed up at him. "Nah, that's fine. I told ya, I've gotta grow stronger by myself. And you don't have time to be getting off track anyway. Don't you have that delivery to make for Brooke?"

"Ah, you're right," Easter frowned. "And I don't think she'd be too happy if it were late either."

"See? Don't worry about me. You've got enough to worry about on your end." The Flareon nudged his shoulder. "Go on then. I'll see you sometime, big bro!"

"Fine, fine, take care of yourself, all right?"

--

Easter stared at the children running down the streets of the newly rebuilt Deku. Barefoot, and in ragged clothes that barely covered their skeletal frames, they looked as if one good gust would blow them right over.

"Kinda sad, huh?" Brooke said, walking up behind him. "You'd think it's Thundurus's fault, but Deku's always been this way. A lot of kids get thrown out 'cause nobody wants 'em." She sighed. "It's not the worst. They'll band together, join a good gang if they're lucky. That's really the only way they'll survive around here."

The Sylveon didn't reply for a long time. He couldn't help but see the faces of the children he knew superimposed over theirs. Dora, Fawkes, Morgan...if they had been forced to live like that... "The only way, huh...?" he clenched his fists. "I don't want to believe that. These children deserve better than that."

--

Easter stared out at the waves from the crow's nest. Being back on the S.S. Showdown again with the old crew, even if just for a reunion, felt bittersweet.

"I heard you turned down becoming a Disciple." A familiar voice called out from behind.

Easter twitched, turning to the gijinka he had once thought of as his one and only. "News gets around."

"Of course. It's not every day a gijinka completes the Chaser challenge, and then turns around and denies an offer like that. Why'd you do it?"

"Because, I don't want to be the strongest anymore, John," the Sylveon said softly. "I have a different goal now. I want to protect others. And I think I found out how I'm going to do that."

--

There it was. Easter stared at the finished building with pride. It had taken a lot of effort and money, but it was finally complete. The first orphanage of Deku, and perhaps Adarid as a whole. With this, those kids wouldn't have to grow up on the streets. They could hopefully live normal lives with people who cared about them.

"Thanks for helping with this, Brooke," Easter said, turning to the Emboar beside him. "I don't think I'd have gotten this thing built and funded without you."

Brooke wouldn't hear of it. "If anything I should be thanking you. The least I can do for those kids is throw some poke at someone who actually wants to HELP them." She gave him a friendly nudge. "I wish I'd had someone like you around when I was growing up. Kids shouldn't have to raise themselves."

The Sylveon chuckled bashfully. "Ahh, well, I'm glad to help. I know this won't solve all their problems, and I can't help all the kids of the world, but, I want to help those I can." It didn't matter that he wasn't related to them. The blood of the covenant was thicker than the water of the womb, after all. He had seen that firsthand with his own parents. Hopefully, he could do better with these kids than his parents had with him.

--

"Hey, ya 'aven't paid yer taxes. There's a fee t'own a buildin' in this area, see?" a thuggish-looking Arbok sneered at a young Teddiursa gijinka standing outside the orphanage. The child backed up, his eyes tearing at the corners, but he found he couldn't go any further, since the rest of the kids that had snuck out to play were huddled behind him.

"Yeah, yeah, what bro said," a Weezing gijinka agreed as he flexed his muscles. "An' if ya can't pay, well, ya can just work the debt off!"

"Or they can go back to what they were doing, and you can go back to what you were doing before you so rudely threatened my young charges," a soft, feminine-sounding voice said.

The thugs turned toward the sound. The Weezing sneered. "Oh yeah? An' yer gonna make us? Yer nuthin' more than a--wow!" his eyes almost bugged out of his head when he saw who had spoken. "Woman, whaddaya say to leavin' this dump an' comin' with me an' my bro here?"

The speaker, a pretty Sylveon, smiled at him. "Sorry, but I'm not interested. Unless, of course," she cracked her knuckles, "that outing involves my fist meeting your gut. Then I'll gladly agree," her smile turned even more angelic.

As the two paled, she continued speaking. "Think of it this way. You're lucky Brooke wasn't the one that caught you two, or you'd be even worse off. Then again, I'd like to think I'm pretty merciless as well," she giggled. "By the way, I'm a boy. Idiots," the last word dripped with contempt. He turned back toward the children, a gentler smile on his face. "Go inside and wash up for dinner now, kids. This won't take long at all."

--

"When I grow up, I want to be a princess like Cousin Dora!"

"When I grow up, I want to run a shop like Auntie Brooke!"

"Well, when I grow up, I want to beat up bad guys while wearing a dress like Papa does!"

"Copycat!"

"No, you are!"

"No, you!"

"All right, settle down, everybody. You're all copycats," Easter snickered.

"No, we aren't!"

"Get him!"

"Papa, I'll show you how strong I can be!"

The Sylveon chuckled as the kids stopped their squabbling, working together to dogpile him. His path had taken many turns, some he had never expected, but he didn't regret a single bit of it. He had finally found it--a purpose in life. His reason to live.

====
Keanu: The Wave
====

Keanu stared out across the ocean from his position on the banks of Northshore, singing softly to himself. "Somewhere, beyond the sea, somewhere waitin' for me...Alola stands on golden sands, and watches the ships...that go sailin'."

"Are you thinking of home?" a familiar voice caused him to turn, the song cut off. Standing there was Lunala, expression wistful. The Raichu was certain his expression matched hers.

"Ae," he affirmed. "I can't help but miss it, after all. I know Arceus said she'd help, but..."

"It's normal to doubt, and normal to hope," the legendary replied. "I too, worry that we might not be able to return."

"Well, if we do return, then home will be a sight for sore eyes, that's for sure." He had grown fond of Adarid, even with its strange culture of fighting, but it wasn't home. Home was where the heart was, and his still lay in Alola.

--

"There it is," Keanu whispered to himself from his position on the bow of the boat. "Home." His eyes began to water, but he blinked away the tears before they could form. It wouldn't do for the others to think he'd gone soft or something. Not when he'd already proven to be one of the weakest of them all. Passing out not just once, but twice in that battle against the Godslayers did not do good things for his rep.

"I didn't think I'd get to see it again," he said, turning to the others on the boat. "Alola, in all its glory."

It looked almost like a cloudbank resting atop the waves, but Keanu knew that was no cloud, but an island, and one of many.

But just because he could see it, didn't mean he could return there. Not permanently, anyway. They had to first fight to reclaim the land from the Beasts that had taken over. His expression turned pained. I have to be ready to fight and face the Beasts that killed my family. Honestly, he wasn't sure he could do it, but it was too late for second thoughts now.

--

The fighting was harsh. Keanu dove out of the way of a blast of energy, turning and firing back with a Thunderbolt. Panting for breath, he ducked behind a crumbled building. This is hard. Harder even than the Godslayer fights. At least then I only had to fight one enemy at a time. And I had others with me. He had gotten separated in the melee. A rookie mistake, but nobody ever said Keanu was skilled at fighting. He was no Randy, that was for sure.

And there's another attack. Great.

His position revealed, the Raichu jumped, using his psychic powers as extra leverage, and narrowly avoiding getting toasted in the process. He leaped onto a wave, toward the Beast that had just attacked him. Thankfully, he managed to hit, and he jumped down, kicking off of his opponent in the process. Just then, he froze, a prickle of fear running through him. What did I miss?

A flash of light at the corner of his eyes caused him to turn, seeing a beam headed straight toward him. It was too close to avoid and too powerful to survive without major injuries.

And then a storm of Swift stars arrived, redirecting the attack so it sailed past him instead. "This is not the first time I have had to save you," a blue-haired Sandslash hummed with some amusement as she landed at his side.

"And it won't be the last time either," Keanu quipped.

"Indeed," the woman nodded, holding her hand up as long claws grew out from it. "Shall we?" her face twisted into one of aggressive glee as she let out a manic laugh. "Those fools will rue the day they thought to challenge our might!"

"Er...ae. Exactly," the Raichu agreed with less enthusiasm. "I'd really hoped Arceus would be able to cure you entirely, but I guess that was expecting too much," he muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" the former Godslayer asked, distracted.

"Nothing."

"Good. Now let's tear these Beasts apart!" she giggled, the sound giving Keanu chicken skin. And not the pleasant kind either.

How was it his luck that every single wahine he met since fleeing Alola was frigging terrifying? Even Marie had gotten scarier than when he last saw her. "Ae. Let's. Go, team." Once again, he couldn't help but thank Arceus, both literally and figuratively, that Kalia was on their side this time.

--

"Guess my good looks are ruined," Keanu said as he glanced down at the bloody wound on his chest. "Won't be able to go around shirtless anymore. Minamina nō hoʻi. Too bad." He popped a Sitrus Berry in his mouth, ignoring the throbbing from his injury. He had grown used to that by now. At least his fighting skills had improved. Though there was no way they wouldn't, with the amount of fighting he had had to do. It was a nonstop battle for the most part once they reached Alola. And then, when they grew tired, they retreated back to Northshore. It was a pattern that the electric type had long adjusted to.

Gone was the handsome youth with a lazy smile. In his place stood a man and warrior, body crisscrossed with scars and hair cropped close to his head. He'd had no choice but to cut it like that after it had caught on fire from one of the Beasts' attacks. His eyes were piercing and oftentimes glowing an unearthly blue through the usage of his psychic powers.

But this was the choice he had made back then, that day when the four of them first fought the Lucario. To stand and fight, choosing to risk injury and death over safety and running away. For the longest time, he couldn't understand why his family had decided to give up their lives as they had, but now, he could. He had learned that some things, such as ohana, were worth more than one's own life.

"Mom, Dad, Kai, I hope you're proud of me," he muttered. "One day, we'll win Alola back. And when that happens, I'll mark a gravestone for you all. I don't think I'll be able to find your bones, sadly, but I can at least hope you all made it to the other side safely."

Keanu blinked, sending a Thunderbolt to the side where a Beast had been attempting to sneak up on him. Sighing, he backflipped to avoid an attack, touching down with one arm, balancing precariously for a second before flipping back to land adroitly on the ground. "Break time's over," he said as he summoned a large wave of water with practiced skill. "Time to fight again."

And he would keep fighting. Again and again, as many times as it took to take back his homeland. The Raichu's expression softened as he turned to where the others were. The only reason he had made it this far was because of them. His ohana. Without them, he'd probably have given up. But because they were here, he could take heart and keep going.

Ae. I chose to ride this wave, and I'll keep on riding it till the end.

Spoiler

Sorry, but I'm not back. I wrote this post because I've been a part of this RP since the start, and I wanted to be here for the end of it too.

Edited by Waluigi

5bGoK6n.png
iU8EggM.png

"Alright Kazo, FINISH IT!!"
"Your new world isn't needed! Instead of being a coward and running away from the problems of this world, you should have used your power to help save those around you. If you can't do something so simple, you can't do something as great as creating a new world! That's why people like us, people that chase the light of a better tomorrow, will never lose to the likes of you! DRACO METEOR!"

There was a huge spot in his heart that almost roared out in joy seeing the combination and practically the finale in terms of moves. From Randy’s perspective, those two had a hell of a future ahead of them...and this would be something he’d definitely see if he could assist with. Nevertheless, the Houndoom...like those who came before him...was stubborn as a Tauros.

"I won't accept this. With all the power I feel burning inside me you should be nothing. No. No...it can't be. This wasn't all of it. There must be more! I know there's more of the Creator God's power to be used! You forced my hand...I have to bring it all out. Every. Last. Drop. And then you all will be burned to ash!"

“Tch...man, you lot just don’t give up whatsoever!” Randy shook his head, about to make a move...but the dark flames arced around the Houndoom...before something else happened...he...was gone. The fire died down and he was nothing but...ashes.

“...E kuʻu akua...” he simply said, never before seeing a gijinka succumb to their own flames like that. It was almost...too much...and since he’d been here on Adarid, he’d seen a lot. “...I guess...mission accomplished? We won?”

As the silence grew around them, she finally awoke…

"I am...so sorry. ..... And to start I must reward you. The noble Gijinka who came all this way to protect your world. Come to me and speak your wish and I shall grant it be in my power. Even my powers have limits. I cannot bring the dead to life. But I shall do my best to see you justly rewarded for your brave actions."

Randy thought a moment, trying to figure out what he’d do. A wish was...just not something he was expecting. He took the challenge to get stronger...but then again, one didn’t just save a Legend every day...well...counting on his fingers this would’ve been the fourth Legendary he helped along the way. But specifically the Creator? THAT was something else!

Alright, I know what wish I want… Randy thought, prepared to say his wish, but Keanu spoke ahead of him.

"I want help. Help to bring us back to our home, and help to fight off the Beasts that took it from us. Maybe it's too big a wish for one gijinka to make, but that's what I want."

Well, better echo to that wish… he shrugged. "Arceus? ...that is pretty much a general wish we share..." Randy stepped forward. "Is it at all possible for this to happen?"

"I promised to help you all and that includes those regions in danger. I do not know what this threat is but I will not let it be."

"...something tells me that won't be right now though...right?"

"No war ends in a day...and do not get it wrong this will be a war...But I believe you have another dream do you not? One that will bring much needed joy to the people here. Both native and refugee alike."

The Incineroar was met with stunned silence, but then again...this was literally the Creator...so of course, had the clear view in his head. He sighed, rubbing the back of his head albeit sheepishly, before looking away slightly. “...guess you’ve got a point. I suppose, if this will take a while...” he said, before looking a bit more determined. “I want to have the survivors of Alola be directed here to the region of Adarid. If anything...the least I can do to give plenty of joy to this place...and an outlet for some...is to have them bring the Professional Pokémon Gijinka Wrestling Federation here...and have their new arena in the capital!” he flashed a smirk, nodding. “It’ll be perfect!”

"As I believe it there's a man who calls himself emperor who claims to rule over the land. From what I've seen he has not done much ruling...Yes, I believe his mansion is in a suitable location for something like that."

"I'll be honest, if you think that spot is the prime location for this..." Randy smiled, taking a small bow. "Then I shall definitely accept the suggestion and take it, Arceus."

She nodded her head. "It shall be done."

“Heh...thank you Arceus.” Randy said, grinning from ear to ear.

It had been a hell of a time since Randy took that step onto that boat to escape those monsters that plagued Alola and his journey through Adarid. His life ended up changing for the better, least be thought so. Keanu, Nani, and Marie...these three were put in his life, he figured, for a reason...more so than just surviving the onslaught on Alola. He figured...this was something more or less dealing with the wills of the Sun and the Moon, maybe even the Guardians of Alola themselves. Regardless of this being true or not, Randy would always accept this as being the truth.

But it wasn't just the journey and the time with his newfound friends that changed him. It was Adarid itself. The challenge of the Chasers with fighting Legends and even going toe to toe with the Godslayers, the encounters made him stronger and wiser than when he left. And when all was said and done he was able to return home…he found he couldn’t return to his home of Alola. According to Solgaleo, Randy was told that their home was still in shambles...but at the same time, a good portion of those from the islands made their trek here to Adarid, which made the Incineroar tremendously happy, which was his wish from Arceus. And from the sounds of it, a good portion of the PPGWF had made their stay in this region, even being allowed to use the capital’s arena for their matches, also thanks to his wish from Arceus. At the end of it, however, Randy found himself staying at the very beach that he and his friends entered Adarid in: Northshore. Something about it just felt like home to him...even being an Incineroar...he was still an islander at heart.

What was more, was how he had Charlie back with him and how he even had his step-father and trainer give quite the run around for Denku, after telling him how he'd be great to addition to a wrestling team with the display he and Kazo had as Team Paragon. This also meant that since Randy wasn’t leaving for Alola at the moment, this would give the brothers time to see their own friends and family.

All seemed to be going good now...a new start for the Incineroar...however, this would be far from the only start he’d have.

On a trip to better find himself and even train alone, Randy stumbled upon someone, almost like a divine intervention by Arceus herself. A disheveled older Shiny Incineroar, who looked at the young man with such a fire within his eyes. Before Randy stood exactly who he had idolized all those years ago and to the present day: Sol Mask, rather, as he had been known by now, Solomon. From his wrestling idol, Randy learned that after the match where he was forced to retire, he left Alola in order to live his own life and to not be continually reminded about the failure he became during that match. Solomon would speak with Randy for quite some time, wanting to know what he was fighting for and for whom. He could tell Randy was conflicted, through his journey and life, he had tried to become someone who not only adhered to his father's legacy of a fighter, but also to make sure Sol Mask was avenged. But now, he was unsure of everything, except a few things: he had to make sure his father's legacy continued through him…and to be the Face of the PPGWF, so others can be inspired by him, just like he was inspired by Sol Mask. Of course, this answer made Solomon smile.

"...wish to inspire others as I did? Spoken like a true Face. And you called yourself a Heel." Solomon scoffed, shaking his head. "Randy Roarton...I have been waiting to meet someone that would want to do exactly as I did, namely inspire a new generation. I believe that you, young Incineroar, may be that someone. Would you be willing to let me pass my own legacy to you? It'll be a tough road ahead, but I believe you might be able to become my successor."

Randy was speechless, now in shock that his idol was talking about having him of all gijinka become his successor. It was an honor and a dream come true! To be trained and learn from Sol Mask himself. Humbly, the young Incineroar accepted this offer and responsibility. He would train for quite a few years before fully returning from his training. Then...there was only one thing left to do...

Randy Roarton: The Successor

A roar of the crowd came from within the Adarid arena, as another match concluded with the PPGWF, having Torrent beat another challenger who dared attempt for his crown. Apparently moving to Adarid was a huge boost to the PPGWF, after all...a good portion of this region was battle fueled, so why wouldn’t they be amazed at this? Among the audience was Charlie, as well as Keanu, Nani, Marie and even Denku and Kazo who were brought there by one thing: a letter to each simply saying, "I'm finally back. -R.R." and to meet at the arena to watch the show.

"Is there no one here worthy enough for me?" Torrent scoffed with a laugh, flicking his hair back. He enjoyed being bathed in the sounds of cheers, until he heard a roar come from the other side. Turning, he saw the familiar face of a Shiny Incineroar. "Oh my, my, my. Look what the Purrlion dragged in! Is it really you, Sol Mask? Arceus be damned, you look worse for wear old man."

Solomon only growled. "Torrent…" he simply said, as the crowds became hushed in an instant, with chatter slowly coming as the two started one another down.

"Try to come back to take your throne? I'm sorry, but I'm not fighting a hasbeen." Torrent waved him off dismissively. “And personally, not even I want to thrash your tail for a second time. I have standards...and even I don't want my own seconds.”

"I'm not here to fight you...but I am here to watch someone else kick your shell."

"Ehhh?"

BGM

Solomon moved, pointing upward before roaring in a loud, booming voice. "Ladies and gentlemen!! Here to fight your King comes a former Heel who made an unexpected Face turn! My successor…" he began to smirk. "SOL DARK!!!"

At this, a second roar was heard from behind where Solomon stood. Soon a blur came running behind him and with a leap, it landed into the ring behind Torrent. To his surprise, it was none other than Randy Roarton, a bit older than when he left, but donned in a darker palette of Sol Mask's wrestling outfit. He pointed up in the air and let loose a loud roar, which definitely amped the crowd up quite a bit.

Torrent, on the other hand, could only be found laughing at the spectacle. “Roarton?! So the little Litten who had big aspirations of beating me finally comes back after all this time? What a joke! What good will this Heel do against the Face of the PPGWF?”

Randy turned to face Torrent, only smirking. "It's true. I took the route of the Heel to face you because of what you did to my hero. However...I've had a hell of a journey that only myself and a few friends of mine know all too well about here on Adarid." he pointed at the Blastoise, continuing on. "I've fought tougher opponents than you, ones I'm sure you'd never believe...but even with that, I'm standing here now...with a different outlook and a different reason to take you down.”

“Oh please, do indulge me.”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Randy asked, crossing his arms. “You’ve been lying to the crowds, claiming your their Face...when you’ve been acting more like a Heel than I have! And truth be told, someone like that shouldn’t stand in the spotlight meant for a Face and shouldn’t be the type of individual the younger generations can aspire to be like! So that’s why I’m taking you down. Not for revenge...but for the sole fact that the next generation needs someone that they can strive to be like...someone who isn’t you!”

Torrent now had a death glare looking at Randy, rolling his shoulders slightly. “Fine then. I’ll play your game, kitten. But don’t come crying to me when you lose.” he smirked.

Randy nodded, cracking his knuckles and neck some, exhaling sharply in the process. “By the way, if you're going to use a Z-Move...it better be a damage causing one...cause if it isn’t...then you’ll regret it.” he said plainly, seeing the Blastoise’s face twist in disgust at this being brought up. “That Z-Haze probably won’t be helping much...sorry.”

Both competitors stared each other down, waiting...until the bell finally rang. Torrent made the first move, launching a Water Pulse straight at the Incineroar, who ended up using Acrobatics to dodge the strike with ease.

“Learned a new trick, have we?” Torrent scoffed, firing another Water Pulse. “Not like it’ll help you!”

Randy stood now in the path of a Water Pulse, much to everyone’s shock. The Incineroar didn’t look the least bit scared of this and it was apparent why. He was already in the process of firing off a quick Fire Blast which then collided with the Water Pulse, which caused quite a bit of steam to accumulate in the process, much to the crowd’s excitement.

The steam provided quite the cover for Torrent who rushed headfirst into the steam to shoulder check Randy, who seemed to anticipate this but nevertheless just stood there, blocking the check. With Torrent this close, it was the perfect time then. The Incineroar smirked and grabbed the Blastoise and began to perform a suplex.

“Heat Dome Drop!” Randy shouted, performing the move and quickly getting up, smirking as he thought of Heatran. “Heh, like that? Named that one after a friend of mine in Trailsau.”

Torrent got up as quick as he could, now launching an Aura Sphere at Randy.

“Aura Sphere? Huh, surprised you kept that one hidden!” Randy laughed heartily, dodging out of the way with ease. “Trust me, you aren’t a Lucario with that move...and I’ve fought against a tough one too who was WAY faster.”

Torrent and Randy could only stare at each other again, the crowds really worked up greatly at this. The Incineroar smirked, using his hand to beckon the Blastoise towards him. “C’mon.”

With a yell, Torrent quickly fired in succession a Water Pulse and Dark Pulse, just like he did with Sol Mask all those years ago. It was obvious to Randy, that him getting in the Blastoise’s head actually was working.

Randy exhaled and fired off another Fire Blast, doing his best to hold back the combination move, but an explosion was imminent, which knocked Randy back against the ropes. Quite a few gasps were heard in the process, as Torrent now began to strut his way towards the Incineroar.

“Tch...worthless. Call yourself a Face? Learn your place!” Torrent shouted, spitting on the ground slightly. He then prepared another attack...one that the whole crowd watched, as it wasn’t very subtle this time. “Z-Move...Haze.” he sighed, his wounds now healing as the Z-Energy flowed around him. “To think, you of all people would remember or even notice such an insignificant detail. And I did my damnedest to pay off the staff there that day. I guess you were present in the match to know that...”

Torrent shook his head, beginning to walk away. Then came quite a few sounds from the audience he never expected to hear: the sound of them booing him and even hating him. After all this time, now they decide to turn against him? Ridiculous!

“H-Hehe...they’ve finally seen your true colors.” a voice behind Torrent emerged, as Randy now began to stand back up, much to the crowd’s delight. “And your right...I was there. I watched it, I watched you beat down my idol, a young Torracat...sitting in the old PPGWF’s stadium. That’s what started me down my path...and Sol Mask there took me and was able to assist where I faltered and stumbled...hell! My friends I have here definitely were able to help me when I faltered. One was even more of an adult than I was...” he paused, thinking of the countless ear-pulls he got from Marie, causing him to smile and without knowing it he was even rubbing his left ear some. “...but tonight...tonight I’m ending this! This was started on Alola...and it’s ending here in Adarid!”

Torrent began to grit his teeth, staring at the Incineroar before spitting to the side. “...you’re acting just like him...” he said, now glaring at Solomon. “If he would’ve taken the deal I proposed to him...if he would’ve...”

“Taken the fall?” Randy piped in, crossing his arms. “He told me what happened. He told me specifically what you and how you Buzieled your way to this point. How you even were able to bribe the referees and some of the staff...a manipulator to the very end. And I have a sneaking suspicion, you’d even offer this to me.”

The Blastoise turned his attention back to Randy, now glaring fully at him. “...you take the fall, right here...right now...and I’ll give you a position up there in the major leagues. Hell, I’ll give you all the fame you’d ever need and more. Otherwise, you might just be sent to the streets! You’ll be a no-named nobody! And for what?! The same thing as him?! YOUR PRIDE?!

These were the words he needed to hear right now. Randy began to grin from ear to ear, before speaking in a pride filled voice. “DAMN RIGHT!! It’s right on the ten, shellhead. With a title like mine...I can’t remain silent.” he pointed upward, smirking. “When the spotlight is on me...heh...I do not Incine-purr...I do not Incine-meow...I, the Rising Star, Randy Roarton...no...I, Sol Dark...INCINEROAR!!!

At this, the crowds seemed to react greatly to it, immediately becoming an uproar of cheers and excitement. However, in Torrent’s eyes, he watched the last thing he said to Sol Mask before the match replay. Yet again, he found these words coming back to haunt him...and by this miserable little whelp of a Litten.

“And you’ve used up your Z-Move...at the wrong time.” Torrent watched as Randy now began to glow greatly with Z-Energy, preparing his signature move. “Lemme just say this...heh, this type of revenge is sweet.”

“D-Damn you!” Torrent yelled, firing off another Water and Dark Pulse.

Randy used Acrobatics again to dodge, all the while, smirking. “These fists are pulsing dark! Their loud roar tells me to grasp victory!! And...at this moment, they tell me to forge forth my new path!!” he roared, spinning a bit. “TAKE THIS! DARKEST LARIAT!!” he struck the Blastoise twice with his dark energy strikes, making sure to launch him as high as he could.

“But I’m not done!!” Randy roared again, moving towards the ropes as he jumped high into the air, just below Torrent and kicked his back. But that wasn’t the end. The moment he started going down, he rocketed himself back up with fire as his propulsion and delivered a punch to his back with a strong Close Combat strike in succession. “This is my signature move...evolved!!” he shouted, falling down only to propel himself upward again. “MAX...MALICIOUS...MOONSAULT!!!” With the declaration heard, he began to rise over Torrent and slammed head first into his gut, causing the Blastoise to get the wind knocked out, as both now made a fiery descent towards the ring...which all culminated in an explosion.

When the explosion cleared, the crowds were hushed. On the mat saw Torrent, knocked out cold and standing over top of him...Randy. He was breathing heavily, still not used to this version of his Z-Move, apparently...but at the same time, he could feel the gaze of the audience staring at him hard. Right now, it was the moment of truth: would Randy act more Face like and not land another blow on the already knocked out Torrent? Or would he kick him while he was down like any Heel would’ve done? The very thought of the latter option had been one Randy had always wanted, considering the hell this Blastoise put him through. Nevertheless, under the eye of the audience, the Incineroar moved back some, pointed upwards and roared loudly.

A roar from the crowd erupted in response. This match was over and Randy was the victor!

The Incineroar looked over, seeing Solomon only nod and give him a thumbs up. With this, his guard was down and he was tackled from behind, being brought in a headlock by Charlie, who was grinning from ear to ear.

“HAHA! THAT’S MY BOY!” he laughed, digging his fist playfully into Randy’s head, making the latter laugh in response. Though when he looked up again to find Solomon...the Shiny Incineroar was nowhere to be seen.

Randy only took this as a sign that there was nothing more for him to learn, that this was the moment where Sol Mask’s journey ended and where Sol Dark’s journey was just beginning. ...thank you...Sol Mask...your legacy will definitely live on through your successor.

Edited by Chaos Sonic

2EYX8Lr.png

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Adarid - Arceus' Chamber

Attack after attack, the gijinka in the room really laid into the Godslayer before them, using every last ounce of their strength to really grind him into the ground.  Somehow, even after all the punishment he had taken thus far, Kura was still able to get to his own two feet to stand before them once again.  However, even his strength seemed to faulter, as his entire body was wreathed in the dark flames, consuming him until he was nothing but a pile of ash on the floor.  With a hand held over her shoulder that seeped with blood, Taiga could only crack a wide toothy smile.  

"Serves you right, ya jerk!" 

Soon after, the main event began, and Arceus herself almost seemed to come back to life.  After a short daze, and some tears, Arceus explained to them why she had been so neglectful all these years.  

"Save it for someone who cares, damnit..."  Taiga groaned,  Getting to her feet, and trudging over to where the others stood in her presence.  She had to admit, this chick really did radiate the energy of something benevolent.  It made her wanna spit.  Nonetheless, she smiled.  "Glad you're alright, ya damn good for nothin' god!  Fufufu!"  

"You've done so much despite me abandoning you. Nothing I can do will ever make up for my mistakes. But I wish to try. I shall rejoin the world and look after its people. Not as an apathetic observer, nor as a ruling God, but instead I promise to work alongside all the inhabitants of this world and do my best to correct the wrongs that happened over these many years."

After some others presented their own wishes, Taiga stepped up next.  

"First off, would ya mind patching me up a bit?  That ain't my wish, but I'd be happier if ya did me a solid."  

The girl smiled, before nodding her head.  A green aura radiated around Taiga, and all of her major injuries faded away.  With a sigh of relief, Taiga's body crumbled to the floor.

"Sheesh...you're a life saver."  Taiga cleared her throat.  "Tch, not like you didn't owe me that anyway!"  She rolled her eyes, only to have them shoot towards Arceus.  "As for my wish, I want a big ship!  One that can sail across this whole dang world.  I'm gonna scoop up as many lost little ones as I can, so that no one in this world has to grow up alone, like I did!"  Taiga blushed, as she gave away too much of her idea in that last bit.  "W-w-w-what I mean to say is, I'm gonna turn them all into Treasure Hunters, so we can go exploring the world for all the rarest items that this planet has to offer!"  

"An adventurer's soul and a kind heart. I am glad the world is in hands such as yours."

"K-k-kind!?"  Taiga was becoming more and more flustered.  "I'm Taiga the Terrible Tyrant!  I ain't kind in the slightest!  One more word outta you and I might just take up Kura's position."  She crossed her arms, and stuck out her tongue.  "As if...I'm done fightin' for a while.  Count your blessings."  Before making her way out of the room, she walked to Scarlet.  "Thanks for keepin up with me...you were a real pal, all the way to the end.  If you're in trouble, don't hesitate to come find me.  You'll always have a place in my crew."  Taiga slugged the Scizor in the shoulder, before looking away from her.  "And..."  Taiga embraced her metallic friend, with a tear in her eye.  "Don't forget...you were my first friend...please stay in touch."  Wiping a tear away, she smiled, waving to all the others as she left the room. 

oe3ZVDT.png

With a loud yawn, Taiga woke up in her rather luxurious bed.  She stretched her arms up as far as they could go, while unleashing a massive yawn that anyone on the ship would be able to hear, if they were awake.  The gentle rocking of the ship was something she had gotten used to over the past couple of years, and now it was enough to make her sleep like a rock-type.  She made her way throughout her cabin, getting dressed for the day, and putting on her captain's best, before setting foot out onto the deck.  Another beautiful day on the open sea.  Taiga made her way to the railing, looking at the name plastered against the side of the ship, the S.S. Little League.  Taiga laughed to herself.  Every time she thought of those words, it reminded her of Isole and Scarlet, and that damn Captain.  

"If I see that bird brain Captain again...I oughta"  Her brow was twitching at the mere thought.  That guy was really holding out on some serious treasure, she just knew it.  She kicked off the railing, only to travel a short distance towards the middle of the deck.  With a large breath in, Taiga let out a huge roar.  "Alright you scallywags!  Get your butts out here, and start the dang day already!  It's gonna be as busy as ever, so wake the hell up!"  With a zip, and a zoom, three small Gijinka made their way in a hurry topside.  Each one saluted before her, sounding off as they had the day they arrived on the ship.

"M-Mavis, reporting in as ordered!"  A zubat nervously stammered.  

"Trixie, reporting in as ordered!"  A skitty proudly said.

The other small gijinka had turned her saluting into that of making an invisible wall in front of her.  Taiga tapped her finger against her arm, waiting for their newest recruit to sound off.  After a few more seconds of watching the display, Taiga snapped.

"HEY!  Sound off, you little punk, or I'll throw you to the fishes!"  She'd never do it, but she had to whip these sea urchins into shape, as proper treasure hunters.  The Gijinka acted like it couldn't hear Taiga, as it was trapped in some sort of invisible box.  "Oho...so the fishes it is then."  Taiga ominously mumbled, as she started approaching the Mime Jr.  The other two looked to the last Gijinka, almost in a panic.  

"Come on Ez!  She's seriously gonna toss you off!  Do roll call!"  Trixie whispered.

"E-Ez!  Stop messing around, or else you'll die!"  Mavis chimed in.

The Mime Jr smugly looked at the two, before shrugging, and saluting once again.

"Esmerelda, reporting in as ordered, Mime mime!"  She finally got out, with a huge smile on her face.  It was a cute enough display, but not so cute as to quell Taiga's wrath, as a fist was hammered down on top of the Mime Jr.'s head.  She had to put more force into it, as her hand had crashed through the invisible barrier Esmerelda had placed above her head, full well knowing she was gonna get bopped.  Rubbing her head, Esmerelda looked to the others as they all nodded their heads.  In unison, they saluted once more, and chanted in unison.

"Good morning, Captain Taiga!"  

Taiga placed her hands on her hips, and shook her head from side to side.  She saluted the Little Leaguers with a smile.  

"And good morning to you too!  What a fine day it is to sail the seas, and look for treasure, huh!?"  All three of the Little Leaguers cheered.  "Well, today's agenda is the same as yesterday.  Look for some more lost kids, and explore the unknown!  Now, I remember a friend of mine telling me about his home in Alola...apparently there's been a lot of chaos going on there as of late, and I'm sure a lot of young Gijinka are looking for a place to call home..."  Taiga pointed a finger towards the horizon.  "Why don't we go lookin' for them!?"  With another cheer, the S.S. Little League sailed into the day, and towards a new world.  

It was done. The bad guy was beaten. Arceus was free. Nani kind of expected her to be taller. This meant it was time to return to peace, right? Nani welcomed the change. She was never one for fighting, and there had been plenty of that up to and after her departure from Alola.

"And to start I must reward you. The noble Gijinka who came all this way to protect your world. Come to me and speak your wish and I shall grant it be in my power. Even my powers have limits. I cannot bring the dead to life. But I shall do my best to see you justly rewarded for your brave actions."

Her first thought had been to reclaim Alola. But it sounded like she wasn't the only one who felt that way. Keanu had hardly wasted any time making that wish. Two people making the same wish to an (almost) all-powerful god was probably a waste. She was only going to wish for that because it was something she absolutely couldn't do herself. With this adventure having reached its conclusion, anything Nani wanted in life would be more worth it if she did it herself. Which brought her to a bit of an impasse. If she wanted to not fight anymore, Nani could just avoid violent people and defuse confrontations with words instead of with fists. If she wanted to live away from judgmental eyes, of course she could do that! She was a resourceful girl, and while it would take a good while, the idea of building her own little place out in the middle of nowhere sounded nice. Maybe not too far from a town or city, though.

As Nani brought a hand up to her chin to consider this more in-depth, the question sort of answered itself. There was one thing beyond her control. Yes, one thing. "I've got one," Nani said, raising her hand. Gesturing around her covered face, the Mimikyu said "It's going to sound really vain, but the... well, the absolute disaster under here. I'd like to not look like that anymore. I don't want to be drop-dead gorgeous or anything, but having a face people can look at would be nice."

Arceus smiled warmly. "I understand. Do not worry about selfishness or vanity. This is your reward for fighting so hard and so bravely. If that is what you wish then that is what you shall receive. I shall make your outside reflect your in."

Ghost Stories

Every child in Coldharbour knew the story. One day, many years ago, a house had appeared about two hours north of Coldharbour. People coming or going from the city often noted that there was usually a woman looking out the window, but that she would seem to vanish into thin air if you looked at her directly. Nobody was really sure just what sort of gijinka she was either, with reports ranging from her being a Walrein or Mamoswine like one might expect out here, to such absurd stories as her being a legendary gijinka, with one traveling merchant from Pride Rock claiming that the woman was Arceus herself. The most common story was that she was some sort of pale, discolored Pikachu with floppy ears. The strangest story though, was that people entering the house to avoid a blizzard noted that although they never saw anyone, tea, blankets, and more just kept popping up in place, as if someone had put them out on purpose.

Those were the facts, anyway.

From there, as children often do, they exaggerated the facts a bit, turning the house and its mysterious resident into a ghost story. Some stories said she was a monster that skinned people alive and wore them as suits. Some claimed that if you saw her, you would be cursed for life. A select few stories went so far as to theorize that her hospitality was just bait, and entering the house meant that leaving would cause instant death. The grown-ups - even the old folks that had started those stories when they were children themselves - always dismissed those tales as nonsense; monsters like that didn't exist. But she had to exist.

I know she's real. I saw her myself!

That was what had inspired Mint to go on this quest up north. A quest that, in hindsight, should have been done any other time besides the time she was doing it. Even just a little bit of planning would have been great right now. She shouldn't have left when she did, she should have brought an adult with her, and she definitely should have worn a couple more layers. Thoughts like that wouldn't stop bothering her now that she was lost in the tundra, in the midst of a raging blizzard, her very bones feeling as if they were made of ice. Even if she'd mapped the place out in her head - one of Mint's better qualities was an incredible sense of direction - the howling winds kept pushing her off-course, and frankly, she had no idea where she was anymore, with navigation made even harder by all the snow whiting out her vision.

Just as she was about to give up hope, she saw something. A tiny, faint trace of light in this dark, cold night. Rallied by the chance of success, Mint doubled her pace, pushing through the snow and wind alike until she was right in front of the source. This was it. The little house everyone in Coldharbour was talking about. It would be nice if we had stories like this back in Juyu. As Mint traced the building with her hand, she found the door, and was able to make out the sight of it opening... on its own? Well, if this monster woman was inviting her in, it definitely would beat freezing to death! So she hurried in, and flinched as the door shut behind her.

The fireplace was lit up. There was a cup of tea on a table nearby. Most interesting to Mint though, was some kind of sewing project. It seemed to be a work in progress. So someone did live here! For now though, warming back up was Mint's priority, so she sat herself down in front of the fire, basking in the heat. This monster was a hospitable one, and while she hadn't put much thought into the process of actually getting here, she fully intended to catch this legend herself. The Sylveon waited. Waited. As soon as she felt a blanket being draped over her shoulders, her hand sprung up, grabbing over her shoulder and catching... a wrist?

"Gotcha!" Mint turned around to be met with the sight of... not a monster?

"I'd really like if you let go, please."

nani2.png

"It's really rude to grab at your host like that."

"U-Uh... sorry." Mint released her grip on this... what was this lady, anyway? Some kind of discolored Pikachu with floppy ears, like most people said. That's what she looked like, anyway.

"I don't usually talk with my guests, but you... um... are you stupid or something?" Pointing at the nearest window, Nani said "You came from Coldharbour's direction. You knew the weather would be like this and that I live far away, but you came out here anyway. And not nearly dressed for it, either. The Tapus must really be smiling on you tonight, otherwise you'd be frozen to death buried in the snow somewhere."

"The... what?"

"...long story." Silence filled the air between the two girls. Just awkward staring. Nani kept trying to think of things to change the subject to, but this kid didn't look like she was much for sewing or anything like that. She probably wouldn't want to talk about her family; if she had a home, she probably either snuck out or ran away to get here, no matter how stupid the timing of her great escape may have been. And quite simply, Nani didn't want to bother her with the mythology of a faraway land this Sylveon would probably never visit. Adarid was her home now.

"You're the monster, right? The one everyone talks about?"

"Monster? Now that's just super rude. After I used up my one wish to look normal and everything, too." Tossing another blanket atop the one already on Mint's shoulders, Nani sighed "But yes, those ghost stories in town are about me. I'd really like to set the record straight, but then I'd probably have people asking me why I don't just live in town instead of way out here. Is it alright if I ask a question, instead?"

"Okay?"

"Why are you blue?" Holding up a lock of Mint's hair, Nani clarified "Not your skin - you're not quite there yet - but your hair. Sylveons are usually pink, right?"

"I don't know. But the other kids in town are always on my case about it! Blue is a boy's color, they say."

"That's ridiculous. I have a good friend who's a girl, and she's all blue. If anyone gave her trouble about it, she'd probably pull on their ear and talk about how you can't judge people by their appearance. Mmmmm... she's probably an old lady by now, though. I think we'll get along, though. What's your name?"

"Mint."

"I'm Nani. Nice to meet you." The Mimikyu took another look at the window. "It doesn't look like this storm's going to let up anytime soon. How about you spend the night here, and tomorrow I take you back home? I need to do some shopping in town anyway, as it so happens."

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine took a few deep breaths as he looked towards where Kura had once been. In spite of his strength and the power he had at his fingertips, it had seemed that their fight was finally done. The Godslayers had been bested, and their leader had been reduced to nothing more than a scorch mark on the ground. Their plans had fallen to ruin, and the creator god was no longer in danger nor was the world at any threat of being broken and remade. In the end, they had won. Nine relaxed his shoulders and let out a sigh of relief as this realization had hit him, looking to the ceiling as the unnatural feeling that had been prevalent through the room finally subsided. 

Looking towards the creator god, Nine took in her words and thought about all that had happened as she spoke. He thought about all of the people he had met, all of the legends he had seen, all of the fights he had undertaken. And then she proposed one final point to him. A wish. He didn’t quite know the extent of Arceus’s power, as she made quick notes of how she was not as “almighty” as some legends may have embellished, but she was still the strongest of them. And so he thought and thought.

There wasn’t much he could think to wish for. Gwen was safe and healing. Juyu was rebuilt and Northshore was uniting as a people to rebuild for themselves. With Giratina and Raphael gone, the hostilities between Alpha and Omega were likely to quell on their own as well, though that was likely to take more time. Even the conflict in Adarid, caused by both the gangs and the king were likely to start to resolve themselves with the dethroning of the man in control. And so he was left wondering what he wanted. 

After thinking about it for a moment, Nine thought back to his meeting with Darkrai, the Lake Trio and Jirachi. About his conversations and what he had learned from them. And so, he knew what it was he wanted. Nine smiled and looked towards Arceus. A joking tone in his voice, Nine asked, "would you be able to grant it if I asked for World Peace?"

"That's not something any one person, even me, can do."

"Of course not, but I figured I'd try. Doesn't matter anyway, because in order to achieve that you've already stated you'd grant my wish."

Arceus smiled at Nine. Silently asking him to continue.

"Why is it you think this all happened to begin with? Personally, I think it's because the legends and regular folk had some kind of falling out in the past. I can't really tell who was at fault for all of it or why, but we started taking you for granted and you all started to distance yourself and scorn us. But neither of us can live like that, because if we split off from one another, all of this will just happen again. And I've seen what happens when we're together, and the great things that we can do for one another. So my wish is simple." 

Nine will smile throwing his hands to the side, "I don't want just you, I want all the legends to become involved with us again. I want us to live and coexist with one another, lean on each other and make the world better. Together. And though it might be a bit hollow to hear these words, I'll do my absolute best to make sure we all keep the strength we've gained in your absence, so as to not over rely on you all and not have a repeat of what has happened in the past. I don't know how much more attainable this is then "World Peace" but I want to believe it can work. So, that is my wish."

She gave a small laugh. "I see you have a long path ahead of you. This was just a bump on the road...So be it. I would say that I hoped to do that anyway and you can ask for something else but I feel that wouldn't satisfy you. So I shall just agree to your words."

With a bow, Nine said, “that only reassures me more, Arceus. So, let’s do our best for the future.” 

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie stood still, awestruck both by the figure before her and the propositioned that they were offered. The creator god herself had offered all of them a wish - a wish! There was only one thing that Marie could possibly wish for at the moment, but as she heard Randy speak up it was clear that that wasn’t something that was so easily grantable. And so instead she thought more about it. What was it that she wanted? What was it that she didn’t have? What was it that she truly needed now? 

Marie grimaced as she had come to her answer. Taking a deep breath, the girl clenched her fists together as she looked down towards the ground, almost seemingly ashamed by what she was about to say. Her eyes went between most of the people who had spoken so far, the girl said, “there are so many wonderful wishes that people want granted here but...I’m sorry for asking something really selfish. I...I want to get stronger. I want to get stronger and to be able to keep getting stronger.” 

The girl paused before saying, “I’ve met a bunch of people who would bully and hurt others, and a bunch of people who needed help. And every time I’ve met them, I’ve always done everything I could to help my friends and stop the bad people. But...I’ve always just rushed in, never really thinking about everyone else around me.” Marie looked towards Nani, Keanu and Randy, before she looked back to Arceus. “But, every time I’ve had my friends - my ohana - come in to help me. They always stuck by me whenever I would start a fight with someone and I really am thankful for them. But I couldn’t - I still can’t do anything by myself. I’ve always acted tough but had to hide behind them and watch them get hurt because of my own selfishness. I want to help others. I don’t want to sit by and watch others suffer, but I also don’t want others to get hurt because of me. So…” Marie took a deep breath, before looking to Arceus with a determined expression in her face. “Could you please help me be stronger?” 

"I would tell you how you are already so very strong, where it matters, but I understand your desire. It's true we will need many whose strength of will is matched by their strength of body. So do not be ashamed of your wish. It is a just, and good, wish."

“Really?! Th-thank you so much!” As the girl stated her thanks, she felt a swell of power surge from within her. It was a similar feeling to when she had evolved, though her form didn’t actually change at all. Outwardly, Marie seemed to be the same Brionne that she had been not moments ago. Inwardly, though she could feel it. She wasn’t nearly as strong as anyone she had just fought, nor anyone she was with right now. But that was fine. She knew that if she put in the work, she would definitely reach her goal one day. Looking to the others of her Ohana, the girl smiled saying, “one day, I’m sure I’ll be strong to help all of you, with everything you need. So just count on it.” 

On top of the volcanic mountain that lied in the center of Trailsau, a sight that had grown familiar to the locals these days could be seen. A giant column of lava matching to meet an enormous sphere of water. As the two attacks collided, a cloud of steam covered the mountain top as a slight rainfall soon followed after. A Manectric and Fearow were standing at the base of the volcano, looking up at the sight. The Fearow nodded towards the Manecrtic, asking, “so, you think it’s her loss again?” 

The Manecrtic chuckled, ”nah, not with the look that was in her eyes today. We’ll be hearing a different tune later, I’m sure.” The Fearow raised an eyebrow, but just looked back up in anticipation. 

Atop the mountain, there stood a young Primarina. Her normally beautiful appearance was obscured by the soot on her face, bruises across her body, her unkempt hair and the sheer look of exhaustion on her face. On the side of the volcano opposite her was a legend sprawled out on the ground, the legend known to all as Heatran. The Primarina looked at him still on edge, as if waiting for him to get back up and keep fighting. However, after awhile, confirming that he was spent, a wide smile crossed the girl’s face as she shouted, “I-I did it! I won!” The Primarina Marie had just claimed her first victory against Heatran. 

"Urgh...I guess you technically did." Heatran said and let out a low growl.

"Pfft." Marie let out a chuckle, before fully laughing and falling back and landing on the rocky ground. "Ahahaha, ow...but I sure did...I won." Sitting back up, she smiled coyly at him saying, "but don't worry, you're still plenty strong Heatran. I'm sure there's still no one in this town who could beat you one on one fairly." Looking to the side she added, "when I'm not here, that is."

"You got...awfully cocky didn't you?"

Putting her hands to her hips, with a pout Marie explained, "I'm just celebrating my victory. I worked really hard to get this win you know. After all, I promised you that you'd always have someone to fight and help you do your job. And it's not very helpful of me if I keep losing all the time, right?"

"You could've lost a couple more times still," he grumbled.

Giggling again, she said, "don't worry, you'll have plenty more chances in the future, right? Because whenever my friend needs help, it's up to me to help them out." Crossing her arms and looking away she added, "and I'm only friends and families with troublemakers, so I'm sure you'll need my help a lot." 

He crossed his arms at the same time. "Who said we were friends anyway," he growled again.

She wagged her finger at him saying, "I did. Are you saying we're not?"

"I'm saying I didn't say we were."

"Well tooooo bad," Marie stuck her tongue out at the legend before laughing again. "We're friends whether you say so or not. And I don't take no for an answer here." Thinking about it for a moment she said, "but if you wanted to deny it, then go make some friends yourself."

"I don't need them." He grumbled

With a stern face she said, "don't be such a child. Everyone needs friends. It's your friends that make up your Ohana, and your Ohana is what keeps you going through life. Which speaking of, I still have to go to Northshore soon to help out and a letter came for me too. So I'll be gone for a bit and I don't want you to get all lonely here up on your mountain."

"When will you come back...I need to know when I can beat you again."

Thinking about it for a moment she said, "a week? Maybe a few. I've got a lot of places to go." Tapping her finger to her chin, the girl said, "who knows, really? I'm not rich and the dragon air ride service is busier then ever these days."

"Hm. Fine. I'm sure you'll have a fun time."

"I will." She said matter of factly. Standing up, the Primarina looked off the mountain side saying, "which is why I want to make sure you're not lonely. And if you're itching for someone to fight, well." Marie gestured off the mountainside. "There's a whole town down there that's always ready and willing to scrap. And if you want to win, then I'm sure you'll mop the floor with all of them. And then they'll know just how strong you really are, and who knows, you might get more challengers up here too. And then you'll get stronger for our next fight." Smiling, she added, "so, the volcano should be calm enough now that we just finished our fight. So why not introduce yourself to the people below?"

"Tsk...I haven't left this volcano in a long, long, time. Why would I do it now." Heatran said, looking uncomfortable. "Anyway if I went down there they'd just be afraid."

"That's because they just know you as a grouch on top of the mountain. You need to show everyone how great a guy you are." Thinking on it for a moment, Marie said, "here, let me help you out." Walking to the edge, Marie shouted, "heeeeeyyyyy everyone!" 

"Heeeeyyy, Marie!" A chorus of people from below the mountain responded. 

"Heatran says he wants to get to know you all better! He'll even come down the mountain to do so! So come on, and give him your warmest Trailsau welcome!" As she finished this, the cheers breaking way into a brawl could be heard from even at the top of the volcano. Marie looked back to Heatran saying, "see? Now you've got nothing to worry about."

"H-hey, what do you think you're doing?" Heatran growled again, scratching at his cheek awkwardly.

“Me? I’m just putting in a good word for a friend. The rest is up to you though. But, I expect to hear some stories when I come back.” With a smile on her face, illuminated by the sun, the girl said, “I’m looking forward to it next time, okay?” 

Soothing Torrent - Marie
END

7 Years Ago 

There the young Houndour lied. Sprawled across the dirt, staring at the clear sky above him. Today it was clear, not a cloud in the sky to obstruct the sun. And as such, the rest of the world around him was clear to see. Not that there was much to look at. His world was filled with the same brown colored ground, the land being livable enough yet just shy of a proper wasteland. The only large cast was by the nearby mountain that his home had surrounded. It was around this time that the sounds of a brawl could be heard, not that he was actually close enough to hear it. He just knew it was happening, because of course it would be. 

He hadn’t been fighting recently - he didn’t see much of a point. He would beat the same people as always. He would lose to the same people as always. Neither getting weaker nor stronger. Simply remaining the same as always. Just as the ground around him had. Just as the volcano’s shadow had. Everything, the same as always. That was his life. Something he could only describe in one single word. “Boring.” 

As the man voiced his complaints to the sky, the neutral expression on his face gave way to a smile. Sitting up, he pulled out a map and layed it across the ground as well. What he had seen was his world, but the map provided to him something far bigger - far more interesting. Towns, villages, cities, all different kinds of civilizations surrounded by all kinds of wonders. Canopies of trees and walls of grass, buildings that stretched higher than even the volcano and water as vast and blue as the sky out on the horizon. But above all else, the most wondrous thing to be found in the world was them. Something not on any map and only told of in story books; the legends. 

Beings of immense power, age and knowledge. They were all over the place, hidden yet waiting to be found. Waiting to be challenged. It didn’t matter how far they were or how long it took. The Houndour knew they were out there, waiting to be found and he would find them. Standing up, he looked to his map, seeing that there was a town due south of his own home. It wasn’t the closest or safest walk, but it certainly seemed like it’d be the most interesting place to visit. And if it was interesting, then there was bound to be something legend related there, right? So, with a smile on his face the Houndour declared, “alright, Nine, the whole world’s waiting for you. So let’s go and see it!”  

Present-ish Day

As Nine strode into the literal ghost town of Alpha, a smile was very clear on his face. Looking around, seeing the occupants of the town Nine couldn’t help but feel chipper after all. He wasn’t quite sure if it was because whatever off feeling the village used to give him was lessened, it was actually livelier here, or if he was just getting used to it. Regardless, after his long journey was finally reaching its end, he couldn’t help but feel a little at home here. 

Following the final fight with the Godslayers Nine, ever the restless type, had elected to restart his Chaser challenge, trying to duel the legends for real. Without any form of Godslayer intervention and with no pretense of having to save or help others, Nine wanted one more proper go at them. “I matched wits and wills with the Lake Trio. Tested my might against Regigigas. Learn to keep in tune with Meloetta. Got great gardening advice from Shaymin. Traversed Rayquaza’s vast palace in the sky. And got to tell Darkrai ‘in your face.’” 

Nine reminisced about his whole journey to himself as he continued to walk down the streets of Alpha, before stopping in front of one building. “Yet, here I am, standing in front of my greatest challenge yet." Reaching into his pocket, the Houndoom pulled out a ring and smiled at it. Then, grasping it more tightly in his palm, the Houndoom took a deep breath before beginning to face forward and walk to the house. 

Years Later

The sky was clear, allowing the stars and moon to be seen to any who looked up. And they in turn shined down on all down below in the, though there was seldom a person to be illuminated here. The wastes of Trailsau were desolate as always, save for a young Charmander and a group of thuggish gijinka. The leader of the group, a Magmar had grabbed onto the young Charmander, shaking him a bit as the boy said, “I- I’m telling you I don’t have anything!” 

“And I’m telling you it’s not nice to lie.” The man continued to rough up the Charmander, before pulling a necklace off of his person. “You already had food, and this here certainly looks like it’s worth something.” The Charmander’s eyes began to tear up as the Magmar grinned at the necklace, examining it before an unfamiliar reached out and grabbed at it. 

“Oh. This does look important.” 

The Magmar let go of the jewelry immediately in shock, as he turned around to suddenly see a cloaked figure standing behind him. “H-how? When did you-?” 

The man gave a cheery wave as he stepped away from the Magmar. Nodding at the necklace in his hand, he confirmed, “yes, yes. This definitely looks like it’s valuable. And you were just going to take it away from this kid like that?.” The man shook his head. 

The Magmar, growing irritated now that his initial shock had disappeared shouted, “we were just relieving it from people who don’t know it’s true worth. Like we’ll be doing with you too!” The man nodded to the others, as they ran towards the cloaked man, ready to punch at him. He nonchalantly kept walking away though, his body suddenly becoming cloaked in shadow and vanishing. As the two other gijinka’s fists struck nothing but air, the three of them looked around confused until the Magmar felt two fingers tap the back of his head. 

“And you’re going to tell me that he doesn’t know the value of food either, right?” The Magmar turned around to see, the cloaked figure standing behind him, shrieking in shock and jumping away yet again. “If you’re really strapped for food and like to brawl, Trailasu’s not that far from here. I’m sure if you can hold your own against anything other than a child you’ll be fine.” The man stepped forward, now face to face with the Magmar locking eyes with them directly. “Unless you’d rather try to take from me too.” The Magmar couldn’t help but feel a strange offness about how the man was moving and coupled with the intensity of the man’s glare his body could only respond in one way. 

Dropping the food, the man began to make a full sprint, with the others looking confused at the spectacle but following in kind. Letting out a sigh as they retreated, the cloaked man said, “I swear. With people like those still around, she and I will always have work. Oh well, at least things didn’t have to get violent. Hey kid. Here.” The man tossed the necklace to the Charmander who, recovering from shock, accidentally swatted back into the air several times before finally catching it with both hands. 

Still awestruck at the display, the Charmander stammered out a, “wh-whoa. Th-that was incredible, Mister. Wh-who are you?” 

The man waved away the compliment saying, “me? No one in particular. Just someone who happened to be passing by. More importantly,” the man bent down and looked at the Charmander more closely. “Who are you?” 

“Z-Zehn.” The Charmander answered nervously, looking away as the man looked towards him. 

“Zehn...I see...And what are you doing this far out in the middle of nowhere, Zehn?” 

“I...I’m just going for a walk.”

“That’s quite the walk you’re going on. Do your parents know you’re out this late Zehn?” The boy clutched his necklace more tightly as the man asked, prompting him to simply nod. “I see. Trailsau wouldn’t really be a place that good for a kid like you.” Standing back upright, the man started to think on this more. “Well, I’m sure there’s a place in Northshore for kids like you these days, if not then - “ 

“I don’t want to go there.” The man cocked his head to the side. “I... I still have a place there but, ever since...everything just feels so wrong...I just feel out of place. Like I don’t belong anymore. Anywhere. It’s terrible and scary and I hate it! I don’t want to go and stay somewhere else when I’m just going to feel the same thing again. I don’t want to keep feeling trapped somewhere I shouldn’t be.” The man remained silent for a moment after the Charmander’s outburst, prompting Zehn to look to the ground and mutter, “um...sorry about that.” 

Yet still the man remained silent, looking to the sky as if thinking. “Well, that’s how it is sometimes. Don’t worry, that feeling will stay with you for awhile, but eventually you’ll know where you can really call home. It’ll come to you one day, trust me. But first, you have to find it. So how about you try adventuring?” 

“Adventuring?” The boy looked confused by this sudden suggestion. 

“Well, it’s not like you aren’t already doing it anyway, but it’ll give you a purpose in doing so. Like trying to explore new towns or see new sights. You’ll see so many wonderful things you’ll wonder just how big the wide world really is. And then, you’ll stop feeling like you don’t belong in one place and instead, like there’s so many more places then one to be. A restless feeling, an urge to keep exploring. Along the way you’ll meet all kinds of unbelievable people and make friends with the most interesting of them.” 

The Charmander pouted saying, “I don’t need friends.” 

The man chuckled, bending down and poking at the boy’s forehead before standing back up. “Don’t be such a kid about it. Of course you do. Everyone does. And along this road, those friends you make will be the most important people you’ll ever know. But first things first. If you’re going to adventure, I can’t be with you the whole time as I have many places to wander to. So, you’ll need to learn how to get stronger first.”

The Charmander looked at him curiously, saying, “stronger? Like...strong as you?”  

The man waved his hand chuckling, “nah, you don't want to grow up to be like me. Hardly a good role model with a lifestyle I only hope isn't necessary in the future."

The young boy looked confused, but said, “what do you mean?”

“Don’t worry about it. Instead,” Looking back to the boy he raised a finger saying, “you should find others to look up to. People who know how to use their strength for more than just wandering and playing hero from the shadows. You're looking for the kind who are out there putting smiles on the faces of all kinds of people. For instance, there’s a certain fire type in Adarid who's plenty strong, and quite the entertainer too. So, I’m sure you could pick up a thing or two from him. Or, I hear tales of a ship that moves across the continent always searching for more wayward souls to join them too with a pretty fierce captain. And don’t even get me started on the people of Deku. Just as there are stars in the sky, there are so many interesting people out there. People for you to learn from and grow stronger watching. So, what do you say?” 

The young Charmander looked to the man, wide-eyed at his descriptions before looking into the horizon himself. Nodding he looked back saying, “then...I want to see what’s out there. I want to go and adventure!” 

A gust of wind blew by, blowing off the man’s hood and showing the cheery smile of a Houndoom under it saying, “glad to hear. Then, if that’s the case, the whole world is waiting for you. So let’s go and see it, kid.” 

Eternal Chaser - Nine
END

Edited by Skaia

The two brothers listened, unsure what to do. The creator of the world itself was offering them a wish. What could they wish for? Power beyond imagining? No, that felt wrong. They made it this far on their own strength, they could continue to grow even stronger. Overwhelming riches? No, they didn't want money.

At the end of the day, Denku at the very least knew what he wanted. Taking a step forward, Denku made himself know.

"Can you heal my heart disease?" the older brother asked. "I mean, it might be possible Xerenas already healed it, but I don't know for sure, and I rather not risk passing up a chance to be rid of this damned disease forever," Arceus looked at him and nodded to Denku's utter relief. It seemed he didn't have to worry anymore about it. The older brother turned to the younger brother, tilting his head and waiting to see what Kazo would wish for.

The Gabite didn't say anything at first, his mind whirling with ideas. In the end though, he really only wanted one thing, a single wish that could never be granted... he wanted to have a race with Latios. But Latios was gone now, and the dead wouldn't rise again. Nothing else really came into his head. "I... I guess I'll pass on that wish," Kazo said sheepishly with a shrug. "Everyone else made the wish I would, and... the only thing left can't be granted," He smiled though. "But, just seeing the world go on and seeing it become better is reward enough for me," Was Kazo an idiot for passing this once in a lifetime opportunity?

Probably.

The Years Pass By

After saving the world, the two brothers did many more things, perhaps not worthy of legend, but grueling to them nevertheless. The two of them joined Randy in wrestling, becoming a popular tag team for several years. They had grueling training and hellish fights, but it was exciting to them, and they were together. After five years however, the two retired, and they went their separate ways.

Denku, using his savings he gained from his winnings, had moved back to Juyu and opened an orphanage, where he took in many kids and helped them find new homes. Meanwhile, Kazo went to train even more, to become stronger, to become faster, to become better than he ever was before, and eventually, became a Disciple of Ideals himself.

Ten years later

Denku took a large sip of his drink to hide the smirk on his face. He was now a Tyranitar, with a big and sturdy body that was nearly a mountain, yet every kid in the orphanage was climbing all over Kazo, who desperately just wanted to get a drink of the hot chocolate Denku's wife gave him. While Denku hit a major growth spurt and his hair changed to a healthier shade of green, these changes seemed minuscule compared to how Kazo changed.

The now Garchomp was even taller than he was before, and unlike his old scrawny self, the Garchomp had some muscle on him. The most drastic change on him however, was that his hair had partially turned white, apparently due to a mistake during his training under Zekrom. The kids seemed to think it was cool though, so Kazo didn't care too much.

"Uncle Kazo, tell us another story!" a Joltik clinging to the dragon's arm begged.

"Yeah, yeah! Come on, tell us!" A Totodile on his shoulder added. "It's been a whooooooooole month!"

"Hey, hey, I'm runnin' outta stories here, you know?" Kazo joked. "I don't go around doing amazing things 24/7,"

"The most amazing thing you could do right now is get a girlfriend," Denku teased, not even reacting to the dirty look Kazo shot him.

"Uncle Kaz doesn't have time for things like that!" The Totodile claimed. "He's too busy being a super hero!"

"Oh, but what if Kazo had a partner to help him with the superhero-ing?" Denku asked. "Maybe someone like... I dunno, Latias?"

"I should have never told you about that kiss," Kazo groaned. "That happened a long time ago... and... well... you know, I don't... well, I don't...,"

"Kaz," Denku sighed before looking at him. "You need to stop beating yourself up. Latios's death wasn't---,"

"Wasn't my fault, I know, I know, that's what everyone tells me," Kazo muttered. The two kids, sensing their uncle's discomfort, let go of his arms and wandered into a different room. With a sigh, Kazo picked up his cup of hot chocolate and took a sip. "Look... I just... it probably wouldn't work anyways, okay? Legend and all," Denku nodded as he took another drink, a thoughtful look on his face.

"... Zygarde," He said simply as Kazo took another sip, causing the dragon to spittake, a bright blush on his face.

"I JUST SAID THAT LEGENDS AND----,"

"You should of wished for some courage with women back when we saved Arceus," Denku interrupted with a smirked, causing Kazo to scowl.

"Nope, nope, nope. I can't, I just can't, I'm out," Kazo said as he stood up. "Later kids!" Kazo yelled into the house. "Uncle Kazo's heading out!" Grabbing the tip of an invisible hat, he moonwalked away, heading out the door and heading outside.

Kazo sighed to himself as he ran, the world just a blur around him as he moved. After all his training, he could run much faster and for much longer, letting him travel across the continent in a record breaking time. His current plan right now was to check in with Weynon first and figure out the rest of his week from there. He was coming up to the city of Oasis when he decided to slow down. He wasn't expecting to see Mac here or anything, but he could check in on her folks for her for the next time they met. As he slowed down however, he noticed a band of bandits attacking what looked like a group of two or three families.

"Well... that won't do," Kazo thought as thunder rumbled in the distance. He walked forward with purpose, cracking his knuckles as he approached one of the bandits, grabbing the man's head and tossing him to the side as easily as one would throw away garbage. The taunting and jeering the bandits were doing to intimidate the families died down as everyone realized what had happened, all eyes landing on the Disciple of Zekrom.

"Oy, who the hell are you?" One of the bandits snapped, causing Kazo to smirk.

"I get called a lotta things, but right now, I'm feeling like... I'm the storm that's approaching," Kazo felt pretty good about that one, especially as thunder rumbled just as he finished his sentence. Even Zekrom would have to think that was badass, right? Each bandit began to move towards Kaz, but faster than they could blink, they felt Kazo's fist bury into their guts, causing them all to fall to the ground in less than a second. "Heh, not even using any attacks. You wanna just leave now or make me use a Draco Meteor?" The bandits were quick to run.

Cowards. Still, that made it much easier. With a smile, he turned to the families. "Oasis isn't much farther, a ten minute walk at best! Safe travels!" Before he could run off however, someone called out to him.

"Wait!" Turning, Kazo could see it was a small Bagon that had called out, barely looking over eight years old. "Do... do you think that I could grow up to be a hero like you?" Hero. He hadn't been called that in awhile. It brought back some good memories of some old friends though.

"A hero, huh?" Kazo asked as he rubbed his chin playfully. He turned around, showing his back to the kid before looking over his shoulder. "Well, can you keep up with me?" The Bagon, to their credit, didn't back down, in fact, it seemed a fire was lit inside of them.

"I'll keep up with you! In fact, I'll surpass you!" They answered with the confidence of a Helioptile from days long past.

"Good answer," Was all Kazo said before he ran off, the dragon rushing to his next adventure.

The Guardian and the Hero

FIN

Edited by Saikazo

Lok
Epilogue

Lok wasn't sure exactly what happened after he was knocked on the wall. All he really knew is that they had managed to save Arceus in the end, their mission successful. With peace returned to the land, Lok went back to his home in Alpha, having experienced more than enough adventuring for his liking. Despite it being rough at time, he was glad he decided to embark on it. All the friends he made along the way, and learning more about himself, made his quest to adventure all worth it. Things back at home changed drastically, due to Giratina's influence being gone. Things had calmed down between Alpha and Omega, something that made Lok glad to see. Gwen was doing well, much to his relief.

In fact, Gwen had entrusted him with that weird lamp that they had gotten during their adventures. Honestly, Lok had forgotten they had taken it with them, although once he saw it again for the first time in what felt like forever, he instantly remembered the menacing aura it radiated. He was hesitant on taking care of the lamp for her, but it was the least he could do. Plus, while it unnerved him, it also peaked his curiosity.

One day, while Lok was washing the lamp, he felt the lamp suddenly jerk around in his hand. Lok nearly dropped it as it kept moving around, almost as if something was trying to break free. Finally, out of the lamp emerged a strange looking Gijinka. Lok fell on his back, confused as the stranger stretched, the ghost boy trying to figure out what was going on. It took him a bit to realize who was in front of him right now.

"Kekeke, it was getting soooo cramped in there." They said, stretching from their time in the lamp.

"Hoopa...?"

Hoopa turned towards Lok, a smirk stretching on their face.  "Oooh did you let me out to play?"

Before Lok could say anything, he felt a surge of water fall on his head. Looking up, he saw a hoop above him, another one having been placed in the river he was using to wash the lamp. "I...I can't believe it!" Lok said, more excited about his idol being here than his now wet close. "It's... It's actually you! I didn't think- Oh wow, I-" He felt a hand plant on his shoulder, coming from behind him out of one of Hoopa's rings.

"Hmm? Usually people get mad when I do this. Why didn't you?"

"How can I be mad? The greatest prankster of all time is in the room with me right now! I'm you're biggest fan!"

Hoopa gave the boy a confused, but amused look. "Fan? Uhhhh... kekeke, you're a strange one. Hey...is that old pretend ghost still around? Wanna mess with him with me?"

"Of course! Oh, how could I forget!" Lok stands up, extending his arm out. "The name's Lok!"

Hoopa reached out to meet the boy, but paused. With a grin, they reach past his hand and grab his arm and tug him into a portal with them. "Kekeke, almost, but you've got a loooot to learn."

Lok let out a laugh as Hoopa dragged him through the portal. He had thought he had enough adventure, but this. This was different.

He was going to have a lot of fun.

Scarlet
Epilogue

Scarlet roamed the jungles of Mowloo, a metallic red mask on her face to hide the burn across her face. She had brutally been singed by the mad Houndoom's attacks during the final confrontation. The burn once symbolized a failure on her part; despite how strong she had gotten, she had succumbed at the final step. Luckily, the rest of the warriors were able to save Arceus in the end, and the world returned to normal. The world was at peace, at least for now, and things could return to mostly normal.

However, she had a different goal. No longer was she just an explorer wandering the land. She had to be stronger, to protect her people, and the world. With the Legends coming out of hiding, she used her favor with the ones she had met to find Cobalion, honing her skills with the musketeer. In her training, she met the other Swords of Justice and, eventually, started roaming the land. Scarlet stopped in her tracks, her ears perking up as she heard a faint cry in the distance. Almost instantly, she sprinted towards the plea for help, her cape flowing in the wind.

"Help!" A Dustox cried, his back up against a tree as a thuggish looking Toxicroak loomed over him.

"There ain't nobody helping you now, punk!" The Toxicroak bellowed, a red blade jutting out of his wrist. The Dustox looked in horror as the poison dripped from the blade, flinching as he saw the blade fly towards him.

"Huh?"

Suddenly, between the two gijinka was Scarlet, her pincer gripped tightly on the thug's wrist. The color on the Toxicroak's face faded as he slowly realized what was happening. "N-no way!" He belted out, struggling to break the masked scizor's grip. "You... you're not real!" Somehow, he managed to break free from Scarlet's grip, only to be greeted by a bullet punch to his gut. As he was sent tumbling on the ground, he looked up in horror as Scarlet walked up slowly to him, dead silent. He could feel her piercing glare stare into his soul as he struggle to compose himself. "Y-You...!" Before he had time to blurt out a word, Scarlet was already dashing towards him.

She had been doing this for a while; between protecting those in need of help and training with Cobalion, Scarlet had her hands full. Her business between training and vigilantism, she became a sort of local legend herself. Her title alone kept the jungles safe, striking fear into any wrongdoers and miscreants trying to cause trouble.

She was the Crimson Crusader.

Brooke Adoles: The Merchant
“A wish…? All I want is to go home, but… could you build me a new shop in Deku?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running a shop was tiresome work; running a shop in a city in the process of rebuilding itself, even more so than normal. Brooke enjoyed it though. She had always been a hard-worker. The first few months she worked flew by rapidly, keeping her schedule so busy that she had no time to even stop and think of her friends, scattered to wind across Adarid as they were. No time to feel sorry for herself when nearly every waking moment was taken up by negotiations and contracts. 

She officially opened for business after six months. The city was beginning to resemble itself for the very first time since Thundurus had thrown his tantrum--customers both new and old attended the opening of the shop. She had expanded her wares greatly with the knowledge and contacts she made across Adarid, most notably Merm (with the ulterior motive that Dora was the city’s official ambassador when negotiating with her), and it didn’t take very long for money to begin to pour in. She had done well for herself before, but after another year of being open, she was truly able to say she was wealthy.

Most of that wealth went directly back into the community. Funding schools for the children, meals for the homeless, pretty much any way that she could give back to the city that had built her. 

The largest of her accomplishments, however, was the orphanage. It had been Easter’s idea. Build a place for children without parents; somewhere that adults could keep an eye on them. She had been so blind to the harsh realities of Deku that she had never even considered it. She instantly set about making the idea reality; Easter promised to run the place and look after the children, but Brooke managed all the logistics. She bought the plot of land right next to her shop; she hired contractors to construct the building, and put the word out onto the street that there would soon be a place for children under the age of eighteen to be able to be looked after; she spared no expense or luxury.

Three more years passed, then five more years, and eventually Brooke stopped keeping track. Her shop kept her as busy as ever, and Easter made sure her work was cut out for her helping with the orphanage, not that she ever minded in the slightest. Sometimes, Dora came to help them with the youngest children, and Brooke couldn’t believe how old she was getting. It seemed as if the destruction of Deku was only just a week ago when she closed her eyes. She could see little Dora flailing around, playing with Fawkes while she cooked dinner in the snow fortress with Easter. But when she opened her eyes, reality set in. Dora was an adult, entertaining a room full of innocent children that once upon a time would have been hardened by the mean streets of Deku, and the last she had heard Fawkes was part of the city guard in Mioter now. She was almost nostalgic for those times on the road with those two little brats.

Brooke Adoles had yearned for travel, but looking back, what she had really wanted was a family to call her own. And in the most roundabout way possible she had found one in a goofy little Wooper, a sly young Zorua, and a headstrong Sylveon. And she wouldn’t trade it for the world. 

Edited by Cheshire Toon

Mackenzie, the Lightning Adventurer

After a, far too short according to some, short break Mac went right back to the road. Her adventurous spirit didn’t let her stay in the same place for long.

At first she kept towards a specific path, following the road she had left off in, and found herself in Mowloo. She was sad to find out she missed out on a large showdown but she did manage to ask the leader of the community, a rather dour Tyranitar, to fight her to try and convince Yveltal to accept her challenge. Though if he had known her end goal he would certainly have refused.

While in the end Mac wasn’t able to fight the death bird, the Legend had apparently just left for Pride Rock to check on their sister after Arceus told her what had happened, but she was satisfied with the battle with the Tyranitar.

Her voyage eventually led her to Juyu where she managed to catch a concert that Meloetta had put on. The relatively young Legend having decided to be much more open and public to give the people hope. After several days Mac managed to get a battle with Meloetta. She lost but she promised Meloetta to come back again when she was strong enough to fight her one on one.

From there her journey took so many turns it was impossible to keep track. She went everywhere she heard there was a good fight to be had and continued to grow stronger. She’d often stop in Juyu whenever she could though. She claimed it was to hear Meloetta sing but each time she would head right to Pride Rock after. Where she pestered the new king and tried to convince him to come with her “for old time’s sake”. Usually resulting in her either challenging him, or his warriors, to a fight or her calling him boring and zipping away on her next adventure.

---
“So...how’s the Legend life going?” Throughout her exploring Mac tried be as confident and brave as possible. However whenever she happened across the Swords of Justice, and more specifically the newly ‘knighted’ Keldeo, whom she still called Suiten at times, this confidence would slip away and a hint of the awkward young lady would come out. Not that she would ever admit this. In the end these meetings would end with Mac fighting the Legend whether he wanted to or not. “I’ll just hit you even if you don’t fight back."
---

It wasn’t until her later years that she finally settled down back in her old home of Oasis. Against the wishes of all the parents of the city she would often regale the children with stories of her exploits and imparted upon many of them a desire to follow in her footsteps.

She would often joke they could only leave town once they could beat her. Or rather she said it was a joke when angry parents confronted her.

Dora, the Daydreaming Princess

After making sure all her friends, including the new friends she decided she just made in that underground facility, were fine Dora immediately went back home as fast as possible. She tried to get the others to go with but she was far too impatient to wait for anyone.

Dora wasn’t one to cry. She usually was all smiles and happy-go-lucky humming as she went through all sorts of trials. However when she got home and saw her mother, out of bed and practically glowing, a deluge of tears came from her. Her mother later would tease her that she almost flooded the city with her tears.

For the first couple weeks Dora was content being back home and playing games with her mother and Gisei, who had been released from jail by a reluctant king, but it wasn’t long before she regained her desire to see more of the world. And see more of her friends.

With a determination that had only strengthened after her journey Dora managed to convince her father to raise Merm back up to the surface and rejoin the rest of the world.

Despite his concerns her father, with some nudging from his wife, couldn’t deny that Dora had grown quite strong. Strong enough to be allowed to venture out into the world. Though he did make her bring along a guard everywhere she went.

She became known as the “Smiling Diplomat” and journeyed to many different cities to see everything she could and grow relation between the other parts of the world and her once isolated home.

However she made sure her longest trips were to the homes of her friends. Or, as Dora called them, “My other family”. Deku, in particular, became something of a second home to her. She went there more often than any others, and the occasional gang that tried to rise up certainly didn’t appreciate the soldiers showing up accompanying her, so often that the children began to think of her as one of them. Something that she would agree with proudly whenever it was mentioned.

While she never fully lost her wandering and air-headed spirit Dora began absorbing more and more knowledge. She might have never been the smartest Gijinka around but her journeys had taught her much about people. Which is why, when her father stepped down from leading Merm, he was proud to have her take over.

With a dozen or so advisors to keep her more wild ideas in line.

She was already beloved by her own people and due to how much she helped out those of other parts of the region she became known as a wonderful, if reckless, leader. Her spirit and imagination allowed Merm, and Adarid as a whole, to grow in strange but wonderful ways over her long leadership.

Gwendoline, the Regretful Traitor

Her injuries from the battle with Giratina had kept her from joining the rest in their final battle. A fact that caused her much guilt and shame. Though she tried to hide it when she met back up with the others to congratulate them. Though she couldn’t hold it in for long after she began apologizing for everything she had done up until then.

The tidal wave of apologies and venting ended with Gwen feeling oddly light and free. She had a long, long, discussion with both Nine and Lok. Finally bearing her heart fully to them. From her struggles as a to-be high priestess of Darkrai to even her struggles helping to raise her sisters and the heart break she experienced long before starting her journey.

After this conversation Gwen had to face an even less comfortable talk. Darkrai and Cresselia wanted to talk to her. The rival siblings had reluctantly, on Darkrai’s part, worked together at the behest of Arceus to help Shaymin keep the land alive and they had, according to Cresselia, stopped fighting about Gwen’s part in everything.

Darkrai still was upset about what he saw as a betrayal but as things had worked out it seemed he was willing to “let her off the hook.”

However there was another matter to attend to. Both Darkrai and Cresselia wished to claim Gwendoline as their Disciple. However Arceus herself had another idea which forced the two of them to give up on that.

As it turned out a world without Giratina was not an entirely stable place. Without the Legend there to hold down the Distortion World bits of it threatened to leak out and overlap the normal world. Which down the line could lead to disaster.

Though not ideal it was decided that Gwen could take on the task. Because Giratina and their disciple were both gone there was no one that could fill the hole completely. However at Cresselia and Darkrai’s, though he denied this, recommendation Gwendoline was picked as the best choice.

The young woman had a lot to think about. She asked for some time to think it over and was told that the distortions wouldn’t be an issue for some time yet. So the girl set out to see the region again. This time without a clouded mind.

She stopped in every city and saw the struggles that still existed. She tried to help where she could but she realized that just on her own there wasn’t much she could do. While there may no longer be an active threat, and many people were starting to work together again with the Legends, more personal and smaller scale suffering still existed.

In the end of her journey she realized that taking on the mantle of Giratina would allow her to help others out in a more major way. And so when she returned home it was with determination and decisiveness.

However despite taking on the Legend’s mantle, learning second-hand how to deal with the powers from Arceus herself, the Mismagius still insisted on being called Gwendoline in private. “I don’t want to give up my life for this. It may be selfish but I want to stay with those I care about. And...perhaps...even have a family of my own, some day."

Across the Region

Oasis: For many years the desert city had been unchanged. Visitors would pass through, often adventurers searching for clues on where the other Legends had gone. It was known mainly as the place where Volcanion died. But after the Godslayer War as it became known the city started to grow. People displaced from their homes, both from Adarid and elsewhere, found in it a surprisingly peaceful and pleasant place to live. The great tree which was revived by Arceus turned out to not only be a symbol but a source of life. It turned out the tree was dying long before it was burned and after Mac’s wish delicious fruits began to grow from it. The people of the city named them after the local hero who had helped save the world. Mackintosh Apples.

Merm: Once upon a time Merm was considered a myth by many people of Adarid. Rumors of it existing, as well as people insisting they remembered a time it was above ground, persisted throughout the land. Yet hardly any ever saw it and those that did weren’t always believed. However after the princess of the city, Dora, convinced her father to raise it up the people of the world soon realized that the myths didn’t do it justice. The beautiful city became a beloved destination for adventurer’s and families alike. Its soldiers were sent all over to help rebuild and protect the land. With the urging of his wife and child the king even created something that Dora called a “water park” for people to visit and enjoy.

Coldharbour: The city had already been small and, to most, looked over even before Kyurem had attacked it. At first the people of the city considered leaving for Fryst and begging the leader there to open its gates to them. However before they even decided to leave the gates opened up. And the citizens who had left Coldharbour to live in Fryst emerged with supplies to rebuild the city and make it stronger than before. It’s now considered a cozy respite before setting off to visit Merm, or Oasis, and beyond. While some tried to take advantage of the city’s lack of defense they always were warded off by a rather unusual Gijinka who was rumored to come from the stars.

Fryst: It wasn’t long after the disastrous events that led to the death of Regice that the leader of Fryst was overthrown. His former captains taking over together and forming a council with the citizens of the city. The first order was to send the former “king of Fryst” to his own jail. The next was to release the people of Coldharbour that had been tricked into staying there under the lie that they would be able to bring their families.
While the dangers of the world had been reduced greatly Fryst still stood as a bastion of refuge for many. And when threats reared their head they were among the first to set out to put a stop to it. The frozen walls of Fryst, which for years represented xenophobia and aloofness, were now a beacon of hope to those crossing the frozen tundra.

Mount Icecrown: This mountain remained a dangerous place. Filled with deadly animals and some rather feral Gijinka. However because of that it also became a training area. The Gijinka that had guarded the pass for years were told, by Arceus herself, to allow people who were strong enough to visit and test themselves. Overseen by Diancie and her newfound Disciple, Sada. Along with a rather reluctant, and complaint-filled, Phineas.
They even managed to calm down one of the feral Gijinka, an Abomasnow who had once upon a time battled some of the heroes of the Godslayer War, and he became a rather popular training partner.

Deku: The city that was once scorned by most of the region. It...still is somewhat run down. However after being rebuilt the people there realized they had to be better. This was their home and it could only be as good as they were. Sadly it was hard for people to change their ways so easily. Thankfully there were now several who worked to make the city a safer place. The former assistant of Sam the Bisharp, Easter, Brooke, even Dora and the Merm soldiers. With the various “pillars” of the city it slowly became a more reputable place. Though it never fully lost their delinquent spirit.

Juyu: The city was always a popular destination. This became even more the case after the events that came to pass. It was rebuilt even bigger and stronger than before. Expanding beyond its previous borders and setting up more housing for all the people who came to Juyu and decided to settle there. The former gang members, without a leader, became junior deputies under Heather. Though often she wondered if they didn’t make more work for her. The festivals that the city was known for became even bigger now that Meloetta revealed herself. And the young Legend has become widely popular along with bringing out new musical talents into the world. There were many huge events held in the city. The largest of them, thanks to Meloetta’s insistence, was the wedding between the sheriff and her deputy.

Pride Rock: With its new king Pride Rock began to thrive like never before. Where once the lions had to keep careful control of the land now they began to work with others for the first time to make sure everyone had an equal share and a fair chance. However while they changed many things they never bowed down to anyone. Much of that came because of their strong ruler and his greatest warrior, Jabari, who became widely known as one of the most powerful Gijinka. It was often said that Pride Rock would never lose its pride.

Adarid City: Of all the cities the self-proclaimed capital city had the most changes. The so called emperor was displaced and forced to struggle in jobs he once looked down on. His daughter managed to escape this life and became a famed actor in the newly fixed theater. While the gang wars didn’t end the gangs were weakened. Forced into the shadows. A large part of this was due to the revival of various areas of the entertainment district. The leader of this movement being the newly created wrestling association. The slums were demolished but only to create true housing for those living there. Looked over by the triplet Legends of Azelf, Mespirit, and Uxie. Fiona, the young Drapion, returned to the city and fixed up the library. Making it a spot beloved by the children of the city. She could often be found reading stories to them.

Trailsau: Not every city changed in a major way. Trailsau remained the same as ever. In fact if anything they became more rowdy with the new blood that came to it as well as some old blood. Allie had returned and, along with Trevor who was forced out of his ‘retirement’, the two caused even more sparks to fly and ignited a whole new generation of fighters.
Over time Heatran became less of a “feared natural disaster” and more a “respected fellow warrior.”
Heatran could often be heard complaining about missing the good old days. Though no one actually believed him.

Northshore: As well as those without major changes not every city changed in a way that caused it to grow. Though only some, highly vocal, people complained about the changes. Northshore still was a place people visited for its beaches. Tourism didn’t stop. Though as the other cities grew it became less crowded. However two major changes came to the city. The first was that it became a sort of haven for Alolan refugees and the volunteers in the war to liberate Alola. The other was that the beach-city became more often rainy. Due to the much more frequent visits by the Legendary Kyogre.

Mowloo: Shaken up by the attacks by the natives, and Yveltal’s appearance, the people of Mowloo lived in some fear for a time. However the new leader of the natives and the leader of the city folk slowly began to work things out. Those of the city agreed to keep out of, and help keep others out of, certain territories of the jungle. Thus letting the natives keep their culture. And the natives helped those of the city by sharing some of their secrets to living with the jungle. The city didn’t expand and, in fact, shrunk somewhat. Preserving the natural order of things as best they could. Yveltal, for her part, never saw need to wipe out all life. Which everyone was quite relieved by.

Alpha and Omega: The twin cities in what used to be known as the “deadlands” changed the most drastically. Along with Darkrai, Cresselia, and the newly dubbed Giratina, Shaymin worked to bring life back to the land of death. Without the former Giratina, and their sadistic Disciple’s, influence those of Omega became much more passive. As if waking from a terrible dream. Similarly those of Alpha calmed more now that the long, mostly silent, war had ended. The two cities continued a rivalry though now it was more about how many visitors they could get or who would win their monthly sporting events. Which became a rather popular attraction due to the rather unusual way the Ghosts played. The people of both cities still loved to spook visitors. Which made it even more amusing for them that people just kept coming.

Ogren: Ogren was largely unaffected by the changes to the world. It continued to be a place of free spirits and unusual cuisine. Even the Great Green One, who was revealed to be Tornadus and was now a permanent resident in the city, didn’t change much. The people continued to refer to him as the Great Green One, something he took great joy in, and he continued to enjoy a good party. Though he occasionally set out from the city. Some said he was searching for someone to become the new Thundurus. Those in the city would never admit it but they cherished these moments as they were when the wind tended to die down and the near constant rocking of the raft-city stopped.

Weynon: The people of Weynon were always rather detached from others. Many would say to an arrogant degree. This...did not change much. However what did change was the peace and quiet that the residents usually enjoyed. Much to their chagrin more people started to flood the city. Which was aided by Celebi. Who, after the defeat of the Godslayers, revealed herself to the world. And, along with the disposed secret child of the former emperor, who mysteriously found her illness lessened upon the return of Arceus, opened the city to more people. Over time even the original inhabitants began to see it as a good thing and wood carvings from Weynon began to be treasured all over the world.

Southshore: Despite the death of Latios the second Eon Dragon, Latias, became less withdrawn from the world. She revealed herself to the people and promised to protect the city from any threats herself. She would often get visited by other Legends. Making Southshore popular for adventurous Gijinka. Many of them were Dragons who were seeming to want to prove to Latias that they could become her new partner. Though not many of them were able to get close to the Legend as Melody the Milotic and a strange, black-armored, Scizor who said his name was “unimportant to fools such as you” made sure to keep the majority away. They believed if someone couldn’t get past them they didn’t deserve to talk to Latias.

Mioter: The city became much more mobile after the battle that occurred on the island under it. Moving around the region and providing aid to those who needed it. Led by the reluctant Mewtwo the city became less of a city and more of an organization. Much like Fryst it became a place for those who were afraid to seek refuge. It especially gathered up the more unusual Gijinka. Those who didn’t feel they fit well into society. And gave them a place to live and help others. Those with Psychic powers were recruited to keep the city aloft and those who could fight trained with the Shadow Guard. However Mewtwo’s policies welcomed anyone who was willing to help in whatever way they could.

Skuldafn: The Dragons remained in their city. The traditions they valued were only strengthened now that the Legends had truly returned to the world. It became a place for Legends to rest. And the citizens of Skuldafn kept outsiders who wanted to do battle from approaching. Forcibly if need be. Though not many tried to risk fighting the powerful Dragons.
There still were some changes. Now that more of the world were coming to the city the people of the city grew more interested in the world. More young Dragons began to set out across the city on journeys. Which forced the other adventurers and chasers to try even harder to not be outdone by the mighty Gijinka.

The world had changed in many ways. Most of them for the positive. All across Adarid people grew, worked together, and became stronger.

After the tragic battles against the God Slayers the region seemed to wake up from its stupor. It seemed that everything was different as a whole.

However, while there were a multitude of changes, some things...

The Heliolisk grunted as she pulled herself up the final stretch to reach the top of the mountain. It had taken her nearly an entire day just to find this place and another one to scale it. But she had reached her destination at last.

Breathing heavily but grinning wide the girl stepped out onto the flat area at the top of the mountain. In front of her a large man was standing with his back to her. Looking across at the expanse beyond with a solemn aura about him. He didn’t turn around as Mac approached though he shifted slightly indicating that he knew she was there.

Mac took a few breaths before thrusting her fist towards the man. With a wide smile and a confident stance she called out. “Regirock! I challenge you to a battle!”

...some things NEVER change.

The End