LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

Team Alola, Day 27, Trailsau

"Waaaaiiiiit uuuup!" 

The two Larvitar girls paused at Marie's shout and looked downward. "Who are you?" One of them asked. "Why should we listen to you?"

"We're gonna go fight Heatran and nobody gonna stop us!" The other said, sticking out their tongue.

Then they looked to each other, looked back down at the pair following, and grinned. They both reached down with one of their hands each and a small Sandstorm got kicked up around the area between them and the two Alolans.

-----

"Arceus...DAMNIT!!! I just want to get to the kids and fight Heatran!!!"

"Can't always get what you want old man!" A Hitmontop said as he spun in circles and kicked the Incineroar in the face.

"Welcome to Trailsau newbie." Another, a Donphan, said. "Where if you want anything you gotta work for it. Nobody's gonna spoon feed anyone anything here."

While these two came at Randy, around them other battles were happening, just a bunch of Gijinka clashing all around them.

Team Karaoke, Day 37, Alpha

"well, thank you for the food and hospitality ma'am,"

Gwen's mom gave a titter and waved him off, "Oh it's nothing. You're friends of our Gwendoline so it's only natural." Though Gwen's father narrowed his eyes at Nine.

It was as if he was trying to tell him to watch what Nine said to his wife.

"so, are things usually this lively around town and the home?" 

"Asking if a ghost town is lively - classic."

Gwen snorted a bit, then covered her face as the noise came out of her. "That was a good one, Lok. And, well, Nine, it's not usually quite like this. We just really like visitors."

"A lot." The twins said in unison.

"But it's usually pretty lively here." Gwen's mother said with a sigh.

"That's true...though it's usually more so. With Kaitlyn around." Gwen added.

Her father cleared his throat. "Well that's just the way it is. This town is a good town and we're good to the people who stay here." He eyeballled Nine. "But only if they don't cause trouble."

Gwen pouted. "Father no one here is going to..."

Suddenly a Gastly boy phased through the wall, seeming in a panic. "Head Priest, Head Priest." He said, moving towards Gwen's father. "The Enforcer...he's got one of the strangers, she was..." He stopped, looking at Nine.

"Understood." The Dusknoir said, standing up. "Sorry to cut this off so soon." He said to his wife. "But it seems that there's trouble." He glanced at Nine before getting to his feet and following the Gastly out of the house.

Team Showdown, Day 30, Rayquaza's Pad

"I don't buy it. Not one bit."

Magearna gave the girl a sad look but soon enough she went back to a small, warm, smile. "I see." She said. "Miss...are you really okay with all of this? Having to fight against such dangerous foes...especially when most of your people prefer to stay as far away from it as possible."

"The end is coming soon. I just...don't want anyone to force themselves into it. I can't imagine it's going to get any easier until it's over. There's no telling how many will survive." Her smile had faded once more.

---

"I'm a protector, for those who can't defend themselves. Whether people find me interesting or not is irrelevant - I will stop the Godslayers."

Celebi began to laugh uncontrollably at the response. "Oh, oh man, you're serious too. That's amazing. I suppose your one-track mind is something of a superpower on its own. But what about after that? After this? You gonna keep fighting again and again? You've got a lot lot lot lot lot more time left still...as long as you survive. Especially if you truly do intend to work with Cobalion. Lots and lots of time. Do you want to fight forever?"

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

"Only if you wear one too,"

Mac literally gagged at Kazo's suggestion. "Ugh, no way, no no way I'd ever wear a dress. Ew."

She smirked as she heard Ari emerge. Then she saw what he was wearing and frowned a bit. Reluctantly she admitted. "It doesn't look bad. I was hoping it'd look funny and I'd have something to do while this wedding crap happened. Oh well...come on you two, let's get going."

---

The church, as it was, was actually a wide open area. With only vines covered in various flowers to act as walls. It managed to cover the area enough so that it was hard to see what was inside. There weren't many people around, though most of them the group could recognize from seeing them around town, and it seemed the majority were just people from the city itself. In fact from the bits of conversation it seemed that almost no one there were people who actually knew the couple being married.

Which left a bit of a sore taste in Mac's mouth. What about their families? Did they not bother to come?

As they got seated they could see the "princess" waiting up with a stout, old, Quagsire, who was clearly the one officiating the wedding.

Though prince seemed a much more appropriate title. The girl wasn't wearing a dress but instead a completely white, with a light blue tie, suit. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail and she stood with grace and elegance as they waited.

And then in came the bride. The Leafeon had a light green wedding dress, with flowers sewn into it at all around each opening, and a trail of even more flowers coming in behind her.

The wedding proceeded as normal, with many in the crowd growing emotional despite not really knowing the two, and cheering as the marriage was sealed with a kiss.

Without much fanfare the wedding was followed immediately by a reception, tables were brought out, as was food.

Though the people trying to set it up hit a single snag. Mac had fallen asleep in her chair and anyone who tried to move her was getting shocked.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, Life is the bubbles under the sea, under the sea

"Oh, some child of a legendary. Phione, I think the name was,"

Gisei's face was unreadable. And yet his body stiffened up ever so slightly as he said this. "That is...quite the goal." He hesitated and then continued. "Neither Phione nor Manaphy has been seen for a long time. Some say they are gone but...I can't imagine this to be true." He glanced away and continued. "There are two prisoners here. One is myself and the other." He nodded and they'd see his gaze was now fixed on the steel door off to the side. "In there. I've not seen them but the king sometimes goes through there. I cannot say who is in there but they are obviously someone important."

He looked back at the group. "Why are you searching for the Legend of the Sea," he asked, his tone grave.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Can't always get what you want old man!"

Old man...? Randy thought, backing up some after feeling the kick from the Hitmontop kicks...though he wasn't too worried about that.

"Welcome to Trailsau newbie. Where if you want anything you gotta work for it. Nobody's gonna spoon feed anyone anything here."

Old...man? OLD MAN?! he thought with a deep growl, his fists clenching tightly at the moment. At the same time, he dodge a few of the Donphan's advances as well...but right now...it was obvious that he was extremely pissed.

He heard the Hitmontop moving towards him and preparing to kick him again...except this time, he caught the leg, gripping it tightly. The Hitmontop could only see the Incineroar's golden feral eyes burn to life, hearing him growl a bit louder now.

"Let's get one thing straight, kid..." Randy gripped the Hitmontop's leg tighter, before beginning to swing him around by the leg. "I'm...NOT...OLD! I'M STILL IN THE PRIME OF MY YOUTH!!!" he roared, spinning a bit faster as well as swinging the Hitmontop around like a rag-doll. "SPINNING...SWANNA...CATAPULT!!!" After declaring the name of the wrestling move, he stopped spinning and launched the Hitmontop right into the Donphan, knocking them both back.

"And another thing..." he said, beginning to make his way past the pair. "Don't talk to me about having to work for what you want. I know the lesson all to well..." Randy growled, having a flash of the Blastoise appear in his mind, as he spat to his side. "Now if you'll excuse me...I have a Legendary to fight...and some Larvitar kids to keep safe. Otherwise, their militia father and big sister Allie would hate me."

And with that, Randy finally made his way out of the battlefield of Trailsau and made his way to the volcano. Hang on guys...I'm on my way!

hqWiIfT.png
Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote, Kasib Berry

"We're gonna go fight Heatran and nobody gonna stop us!"

And then, the kids whipped up a sandstorm behind them, making climbing a bit more difficult. Aside from the sand lashing against Nani - though her hood thankfully kept her face clear of sand - she couldn't really see anything. And so, Nani scurried upward just a bit more, then to the side, placing herself next to Marie, upwind. Hopefully she could help at least keep the sand out of Marie's face while she was climbing by just being in its way. If those kids thought nobody could stop them, they had another thing coming. They were, after all, just kids.

"Nice city. isn't it?" Nani asked, obvious sarcasm in her voice.

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie continued to power up the mountain, only to stop as she heard someone else calling for her. Looking to the side, she had seen that Nani was scaling the volcano alongside her. Pouting at her comment, Marie replied saying, "no, he's not coming, because he's too busy "watching" them from down there." Continuing to scale up the mountain, the larvitar that they were chasing after responded to Marie's call, and did so by throwing sand down at both her and Nani. With the wind making it much harder to climb, in addition to her eyes stinging now, Marie could only grimace as Nani made her comment. "It's lovely!" She practically shouted, sarcasm as well evident in her voice as she then grumbled, "when I get my hands on those little.." Working herself up again, Marie kept climbing as best she could as she shouted out, "I'm Marie, and I was sent by your dad to make sure you're alright. And you clearly aren't!" 

ZzcS3Rf.png

In spite of the air that Gwen's father was giving off, Nine felt himself able to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the house. This was soon disrupted as the a Ghastly came to inform them of something Nine could only assume was Kayla sneaking around. In hindsight, he probably should've seen this coming, yet he wasn't just going to leave his friend high and dry here. As the Dusknoir decided to go and check on the issue, Nine got up from his seat. "Apologies for the commotion, but I feel like I should go check on this as well. Was lovely meeting you all and I hope to be back soon." With a smile and a wave, Nine made his way out of the house to follow after the two ghosts. 

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Palace

"I see." The Legend replied. "Miss...are you really okay with all of this? Having to fight against such dangerous foes...especially when most of your people prefer to stay as far away from it as possible.  The end is coming soon. I just...don't want anyone to force themselves into it. I can't imagine it's going to get any easier until it's over. There's no telling how many will survive."

As Magearna's smile faded, her's widened.

"What else is a Gijinka gonna do?"  She laughed.  "Watch?  I don't think so...not after all the trouble y'all have caused me already.  Nah, I'm going to ride this out to the end."  Taiga's finger started to trace the water's surface, making small little ripples in it.  "Nothing's waiting for me down there anyways...Those two knuckleheads are all I got..."  She sighed, but did so with a faint smile.  "I didn't even want them followin' me around...I didn't know how to act with people.  But travelling with them...it's changed me.  I can't go back to how the way things were anymore."  She looked to Magearna, with a straight face.  "I'd rather die."  Thinking back on Magearna's words, she couldn't help but feel the same way towards Isole.

Magearna is quiet for a while before looking away with a smile.

"Sometimes I forget how determined people can be." She said. "I guess that's part of why I have a lot to learn still." She looked back at Taiga. "If...if this region was doomed...if you couldn't fight back, what would you do?"  The question rocked around in Taiga's head for a good minute.  

"Survive."  She said, the word being the first one that popped into her head.  "Do what I always have done, I guess."  Taiga rubbed the back of her neck.  "I've always had to struggle in this world.  Nothin's been easy.  The situation has never gotten brighter, no matter how hard I try to get a better life."  Taiga gave a little huff.  "If the whole place is doomed, I'll just have to struggle a bit more."  

"My home region, Alola, it...was overrun. Solgaleo and Lunara were gravely injured and the others forced them to escape. They had me leave, too, but I wonder if that was the wrong choice." She paused a moment. "Perhaps I should have thought more like you."

"You ain't me, Magearna.  So don't go thinkin' like me.  You'll go nuts!  Fufufufu."  She stood out of the bath, splashing the Gijinka again.  "You thought like you, and now you're here.  Now you can stop any other region from being run over."  As she wrapped herself in a towel, she looked at Magearna with a confident grin.  "If I survive all this, let's go take back Alola."  The confident grin turned into a sly snicker.  "Although, my services might cost you an arm and a leg!  Fufufufufu!"  Taiga walked off, getting changed back into her clothes shortly after.  She left the bath, and started heading towards her room, when she ran into Isole wandering about.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?"  She asked, laying a hand on the small girls shoulder.  "Well...good thing you didn't.  We need to talk."  

Alpha Team Karaoke

It was nice to have some time to just sit down and enjoy a meal with friends for once. Unfortunately, it would only last for a short while as a Ghastly came through the wall in a panic. There seemed to be some sort of trouble with The Enforcer. Lok let out a sigh as he shook his head. "I'm going too." He said, following behind Nine and Gwen's father. He didn't like the idea of venturing out with him, but he felt it was pressing that he tagged along. "After all, wouldn't want to leave me alone in your home, right?" He said with a slight jovial tone, although he was deeply concerned with what was going on. He had a hunch as to who had gotten caught by The Enforcer.

Sky Temple Team Showdown

Scarlet nodded without hesitation at Celebi's question. "If I have to keep fighting, then I will."

Celebi gave Scarlet an incredulous look. "Why? What's the use in fighting if you have to constantly do it? Don't you have anything else you want to do?"

Scarlet turns Celebi, tilting her head slightly. "Someone needs to protect this beautiful world of ours." She gestures out towards the sky. "Before all of this started, I would explore the world and see what wonders lied before me. The people I met always amazed me. Even if I can't stop to smell the flowers, someone else can appreciate their beauty." She said, placing her pincers on her lap.

Celebi didn't seem ok with this answer, however, as she shook her head with an annoyed look. "No, no, that's not what the world is for. You all are supposed to enjoy it. All of you."

Scarlet let out a chuckle. "In a perfect world, yes. But I won't stand idly while watching the world crumble around me, especially when I can do something about it."

Celebi started to pout as she heard Scarlet's answer. "Kids should be kids." She huffed.

"Maybe, but someone has to stand up to the bullies. Even if it's another kid."

Celebi sighs and starts to move away, muttering, "Not much time left at all." As she goes. Scarlet turned towards her, thinking about what to say, but she was gone before she could say anything.

"Wonder what that was about..." Scarlet said, turning back to the sky. The view was nice from up here, so she stayed on the balcony, letting Celebi's words sink in as she rested there.

Kazo didn't know why they were at this wedding. Sure, it was nice and all, but... well, he didn't feel any attachment to this. He didn't know these people, in fact, he thought that the woman in a suit was a bit of a bitch. It wasn't like he hadn't been in a wedding before though, so he was expecting it to be this boring. Mac apparently didn't get the memo as she fell asleep in the middle of the service.

She was the one that wanted to come and she--- Kazo took a deep breath to stop himself from continuing that train of thought. Still, he felt this was indeed a massive waste of his time. The only good thing to come out of this was the usual only good thing to come out of weddings, the food. But of course, Mac was causing problems, even when asleep. She was shocking anyone that got too close, but they couldn't set up with her there.

Time to abuse type advantage.

Kazo walked over, rolling up his sleeves before his hands whipped out, picking up Mac and gently tossing her like she was a hot potato. Sure, he resisted electricity but that didn't mean he wanted to hold on to her for long. The tingling always felt weird.

"That is...quite the goal." He hesitated, causing Denku to tilt his head. "Neither Phione nor Manaphy has been seen for a long time. Some say they are gone but...I can't imagine this to be true." He glanced away and continued. "There are two prisoners here. One is myself and the other." He nodded and they'd see his gaze was now fixed on the steel door off to the side. "In there. I've not seen them but the king sometimes goes through there. I cannot say who is in there but they are obviously someone important." That indeed seemed important. He looked back at the group. "Why are you searching for the Legend of the Sea?" he asked, his tone grave.

"Some of the other legendaries are worried about them, so we got sent as errand boys," Denku commented. "Also apparently Dora is friends with Phione, so again, we're doing this mostly for Dora," Denku said as he stood up and took a few steps to the steel door, looking back at the guards for their reaction. This seemed important, he couldn't let this just slip by.

"I'm Marie, and I was sent by your dad to make sure you're alright. And you clearly aren't!" 

"You talked to daddy?" One of the girls said, pausing to look back again.

"Who cares! We can talk about that AFTER we beat up Heatran."

"Yeah! After!"

The girls didn't seem intent on stopping. In fact they were getting close to the top of the volcano now. Maria and Nani had been able to get closer but it was obvious that, unless something was done about the Sandstorm, or if they didn't manage to get through it fast enough, they wouldn't catch up before the girls reached the top.

Meanwhile down at the city itself the fights were now broken up into multiple pockets, with attacks crossing over to everyone else's fights here and there, and Randy would have to find a way to fend away the Gijinka while making his way through.

"Hmph." The Dusknoir scoffed as Lok followed him. "You really do bring trouble wherever you go don't you?"

Said trouble was easy to find. Not because there was a crowd but because there was no one beyond the two. They stood in front of what appeared to be a burned down building.

Or rather one stood. The enforcer was standing above Kayla, a dark blade outstretched to her neck as she was on the ground. Held up only by her arms.

"What is happening here, Enforcer?" Gwen's father asked as they reached the two.

The Bisharp didn't look up. "I found her sneaking around. Going places none are allowed to enter."

Kayla noticed Nine, Lok, and trailing behind looking rather uncomfortable, Gwen, approaching behind the Dusknoir. "They have...assassin group's hideout, underneath." She pointed at the burned down building. "Hidden in there."

The Enforcer pressed the blade a bit closer. "What is in there is ours to keep. No one, not even those here, are supposed to enter. It is a sacred place."

The mayor crossed his arms and turned to the group. "There was a group there, yes, we kept them safe. And they helped us when we were attacked. But those bastards from Omega attacked and forced them out. The place is a shrine now. Entering it is forbidden. Your companion has broken our rules and abused their status as a guest. What do you have to say for yourselves?"

Team Showdown, Day 30, Rayquaza's Pad

"Shouldn't you be in bed? Well...good thing you didn't.  We need to talk."  

Isole shuddered as she felt a hand on her shoulder. The look she gave when she turned was intense and dark. Full of malice. But it only lasted a brief moment as she pulled away from Taiga's touch and her expression shifted back into her natural state of apathy. "I don't sleep much anyway." She said. "Do we really need to talk? Or do you just want to?" She looked away from the girl, grabbing her arm awkwardly. "Hurry up. I want to...not be here...for too long."

Isole furrowed her brow. Really? That was the best she could do? Then again she wasn't sure why she didn't want to be there. But every moment she floated there waiting for Taiga to finish whatever she wanted she would get more bristly.

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

Mac was floating. Floating through the water. Sun beating down and warming her. Just floating...and then a wave came. A massive wave which lifted her from her safe place and through her towards the rocks.

Her eyes fluttered open as she crashed into a chair and tipped it over.

Rolling to her feet she jumped up and put her fists up. "Alright who did that? Was it you? Looking at me all funny you wanna go?" She was looking around wildly and it was hard to tell exactly who she was talking about.

Laura, the Leafeon, came up to her hesitantly. "U-um, s-sorry if you're not enjoying yourself." She said quietly. Mac seemed to deflate as the girl talked and scratched her nose awkwardly. Unable to look at the shy bride without blushing. "Well, it's...not too bad. Um...nice dress." She muttered, clearly out of her element.

The Leafeon gave a small smile. "Thank you."

Kazo felt a slight chill and Elsa walked beside her. "So you came after all." She said, off-handedly. "Thanks I suppose." She looked over at Mac and Laura. "Our family don't really like all this, so...we didn't have a lotta...a lot of people. I don't really care but I...well, I wanted to give her more." She hesitated then waved her hand dismissively. "Of course this isn't much at all. We should have much more than this, parades, fireworks, thousands of people....But I guess even someone like I have to settle sometimes."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, Since Life is Sweet Here

"Some of the other legendaries are worried about them, so we got sent as errand boys,"

Gisei stirred a bit at this. "Sent? Why would...perhaps things on the surface are worse than we knew." He glanced over at the soldiers who seemed to be getting suspicious of how long the group was talking to Gisei. "As for being friends, I cannot say. It wouldn't surprise me, Dora makes friends with everyone she meets, yet I'm unsure she ever really met Phione."

He shifted a bit, rolling his shoulder, and then finished. "What do you plan to do next? Your goal is likely behind that door but I doubt you'll easily be able to walk in. What comes next?"

DcxYSU0.png?1

Making her way up the side of the volcano, the young girl continued to grit her teeth as she was being pushed back by the sandstorm. She looked at the Larvitar and shouted, "no, we'll talk about it now! Your father was worried about you and Allie, and we're here to make sure that you don't do anything stupid or dangerous and - get this stupid storm off of me!" Annoyed and not making much progress, the girl took a deep breath and held a long and soft note as she seemed to sing. As she finished it, storm clouds began to form overhead as the sand and wind was quelled with a sudden drizzle of rain. With the path cleared she kept going, one hand after the other, as she said, "now climbing in the rain is very dangerous, so stop and get down here." 

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine's feeling about what had happened was more or less correct. In hindsight, he probably should've tried to keep the girl along with them, but she was a slippery one and he hardly doubt he could've stopped her from doing what she did best. Unfortunately, it seemed like she was in quite a bind now, and Nine was now certainly on edge with her life hanging in the balance here. Looking at them, Nine tried his best to stay calm as he said, "well, I assure you, she didn't mean any harm. She only means the best and I assure you, she didn't mean to break any of your laws or customs. As you said, we're guests and well," Nine looked to the building saying, "to me it doesn't look like a shrine at a glance, just something curious and different from the rest of the city."

Alpha Team Karaoke

His hunch was right, it would seem, as he saw Kayla being held up by The Enforcer's grip by the arms. Lok rubbed the back of his head as he glared at the knife that was aimed right at the girl's neck. Lok let out a nervous sigh as Nine spoke, before speaking up after Nine finished. "I must apologize for our friends here. They're... how do I put it... just a tad curious" He said, letting out a nervous chuckle. "She must have stumbled in there on accident... we'll be sure to keep a closer eye on her." Lok said, turning to Kayla, before turning to the Enforcer. A wave of dread hit Lok, but he continued. "So please... can you let her go? We'll be out of your hair as soon as possible."

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Jeez...how much longer is it to this damn volcano? Randy thought, turning another corner and seeing what seemed like multiple pockets of the Trailsauians and their fighting. It was almost like that the quicker he wanted to get out of here and back to his friends, the longer and tougher it was going to be.

He let out a deep sigh, cursing to himself and to the Alolan Guardians for the moment...as he REALLY wanted to get into a brawl, but then again, all this WAS Marie's fault, so he couldn't get into this 100% at this point. With a shake of his head, he did his best to rush past through the pockets, dodging the attacks of what were coming at him. This, then again could be thought of as training for him...after all, this could've been something Charlie would've put him through...maybe even more intense.

Keep dodging...keep dodging...keep moving, Roarton... the Incineroar thought, gritting his teeth as he moved as much as he could, dodging the brawls. Gotta get to the others...AND HEATRAN!!!

"So you came after all." She said, off-handedly. "Thanks I suppose." She looked over at Mac and Laura. "Our family don't really like all this, so...we didn't have a lotta...a lot of people. I don't really care but I...well, I wanted to give her more." She hesitated then waved her hand dismissively. "Of course this isn't much at all. We should have much more than this, parades, fireworks, thousands of people....But I guess even someone like I have to settle sometimes."

"I-if it's any consolation, it is the nicest w-wedding I've been to," Kazo said. "A-and I've been to quite a f-few... my m-mother was fond of them... hers or otherwise," he shrugged. "A-anyways, congratulations on the wedding. I-I hope you two have m-many happy years," He said with a big smile. He really meant that to.

"Sent? Why would...perhaps things on the surface are worse than we knew." He glanced over at the soldiers, before looking back. "As for being friends, I cannot say. It wouldn't surprise me, Dora makes friends with everyone she meets, yet I'm unsure she ever really met Phione." He shifted a bit, rolling his shoulder, and then finished. "What do you plan to do next? Your goal is likely behind that door but I doubt you'll easily be able to walk in. What comes next?"

"I dunno, I'm kinda winging this," Denku muttered. He turned around, stretching and cracking his back. "We'll figure this out," He stated before he walked away. "It was nice to meet ya. I can see why Dora's so fond of ya," With that he returned to the guards, sighing to himself. "Well, that was somewhat helpful, I suppose," He looked over to the door that Gisei pointed out. "Hey, what's behind that door?" He asked the guards. "Is it like, a lower prison area, or a storage area? Do you mind if I check it out?"

They weren’t treating her badly. That eased a great burden from the Emboar’s already over encumbered shoulders, but the rest of the news wasn’t good. Her father would trap her in the city; the kingdom that so adored her would become her jailors, and the bubble that protected them her prison. That wasn’t any way to live. 

Brooke tightened her scarf and lowered the brim of her hat to hide her face. Her temper was already on the rise but she knew better than to let them see her mad. Denku took over the questioning from there, while she struggled to reign in her anger and lower the temperature of the heat rolling off her in burning waves. His main concern was the location of Phione and where to go from there. Gisei directed them to a room on the other side that the King supposedly visited frequently. 

Denku started to exit the jailing area, striking up a conversation with the guards as he did. It presented a perfect opportunity to sneak a peek into the room. ‘Criminal background don’t fail me now.’ Brooke made her way over to the door as quiet as a mouse and tried to gaze--or she started to, but she hadn’t taken a single step when Denku suddenly called attention to the door and just asked if he could waltz on in. What a great plan. 

She inconspicuously (and with great skill) inserted herself into his conversation. “What my friend here is trying to say is that we’re here on very important business. A task given to us by themselves, and well as endorsed by Lugia. We think that there might be a lead down here and -- as you yourselves witnessed in the throne room -- the King gave us permission to speak to the prisoners. I know it’s not a very orthodox request but do you think we could please speak to whoever is in that room?” She smiled with sickeningly sweet grace, drawing upon her past as a merchant and sliding into salesman’s persona with ease that no Gijinka mastered without years of practice.

hqWiIfT.png

"I'm Marie, and I was sent by your dad to make sure you're alright. And you clearly aren't!"

"You talked to daddy?"

"Who cares! We can talk about that AFTER we beat up Heatran."

"Yeah! After!"

"No, we'll talk about it now! Your father was worried about you and Allie, and we're here to make sure that you don't do anything stupid or dangerous and - get this stupid storm off of me! Now climbing in the rain is very dangerous, so stop and get down here." 

Well, Marie sure did do that. Climbing in the rain was - as she noted - rather dangerous. Would Nani even be able to still reach them? Their little arms and legs would probably have a harder time climbing up than hers, but they were still right there near the top. With a bit more caution, Nani continued upward, giving Marie a quick thumbs-up as she went along her way. WIth the little ones coming closer into view, Nani added her own comment to follow up on Marie's demands.

"He won't be able to fight his best in the rain anyway, probably. If you only do this once, do you really want to blow it by not getting the full experience? He'll be there some other time. Come down and talk with us. We've got a job, and you're making it pretty tough."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Palace

"I don't sleep much anyway." Isole said, her eyes dulling from the rage prior. "Do we really need to talk? Or do you just want to?" She looked away from Taiga, and grabbed her arm awkwardly. "Hurry up. I want to...not be here...for too long."

"Eh?!  Well of course I wanna talk.  Don't you want to talk?!  We're kinda getting to the meat and potatoes of this whole situation now!"  Taiga cocked her head, and scratched the back of it.  "Aren't you worried at all?  Ain't ya' scared?"  

The gijinka took a while to respond

"Maybe. But it's going to happen if I'm worried or not."

Taiga sighed. 

"Well...I'm worried for you, alright."  Taiga crossed her arms.  "Maybe you should sit these last couple a' missions out..."

"And what's the point of that? If it's hard enough that I'd get hurt then you'll need all the help you can get."

"This ain't about if it's gonna be hard or not!"  Taiga growled.  "This is about who lives, and who dies now!"  Taiga frazzled her hair in frustration.  Talking to this girl was like talking to an iceberg.  "What I'm sayin' is...you got sisters out there still.  You got family.  You don't have to die doin' somethin' you were forced into..."  Isole blinked silently. Her eyes looking somewhat blankly at Taiga.

"No one is making me go." She muttered.

"Then why are you doing this, huh Ice?  You've been put through so much since you left the Showdown...do you wanna die?!"  

"I just...have to do...something."

"Is that what this is to you, then?  Just somethin'?!"  Taiga got up in Isole's face.  "Tell me that this is what you want to do, Isole!  Or I'll ground you!"  Small sparks began to sprout from the gijinka.

"If I don't do this I might as well be doing nothing."

Taiga's bore her fangs at the girl, before her lips quivered back into place.  This girl was truly hopeless.  

"I'd rather you do nothin' thann have you die and it bein' my fault."  

"If I do it's no one's fault but mine. If I don't go and something goes wrong what are you going to do then? Have you told Scarlet this too?"

"You and I both know Scarlet ain't gonna listen to a word I say...she's all about bein' a guardian or whatever.  She signed up for this, along with me."  Taiga shook her head at the young Gijinka.  "But you got dragged into all of this...I imagine this isn't what you were hopin' for once you stepped off that ship."  

"I wasn't hoping for anything. I don't hope for anything." She gestured around. "I just thought I should do something other than sit around."

Taiga's lips quivered some more before she burst out into laughter. 

"That's so sad!"  When she stopped, she looked to Isole.  "Is there nothing you can say that you honestly want?"  

"I don't know what I want." She said, sounding more annoyed. "I don't do anything. I exist. That's it." She looked away. "Is that all or do you want to get mad again?"

Taiga shook her head.  

"Nah I ain't gonna get mad...If you're so set on it, then I guess I can't change your mind."  Taiga leaned in and gave the small Gijinka a hug.  "But you gotta learn that there's more to life than just existing.  I had to find that out by meeting all of you."  She pushed Isole away and winked.  "Also, don't go doin' nothin' stupid.  Save all of that for me! Fufufufu!"  She started to head up the steps towards their bedroom, before waving.  "I guess I'll head to bed then...I'll catch ya' later."  As she walked up the stairs, she couldn't help but relive the stare that Isole had punctured her with when she had first turned around.  Why was the look so filled with so much hate?  

"now climbing in the rain is very dangerous, so stop and get down here." 

"He won't be able to fight his best in the rain anyway, probably. If you only do this once, do you really want to blow it by not getting the full experience? He'll be there some other time. Come down and talk with us. We've got a job, and you're making it pretty tough."

"Nya nya I'm not listening!" One of the girls called out. Followed by a cheerful "Yeah!" from the other. The two girls kept climbing the side of the volcano, nearing the top, until they both slipped up on one of their handhelds and, together, fell off the side of the volcano.

They fell farther, past Nani and Marie, too fast for the two to grab them, and plummeted towards the ground.

Just in time for Randy to make his way through the crowd and break out into a stretch of empty city. Allowing him to reach the volcano at last unmolested. He would be able to see the two girls fall but not be close enough to grab them.

However it was then that Trevor, hovering near the base of the volcano, send up a flurry of winds and slowed the girls' decent. Then with a surge the Flygon shot up and caught the two.

While the children were safe Nani and Marie weren't out of harm's way themselves. Heatran let out a roar, which would be rather loud to the two as they were near the top, and shouted out "Stop messing with my volcano and FIGHT ME ALREADY!" And then volcano rumbled.

"to me it doesn't look like a shrine at a glance, just something curious and different from the rest of the city."

"So please... can you let her go? We'll be out of your hair as soon as possible."

The mayor looked to the Enforcer. The Enforcer looked back. The two men were silent as the scene remained unchanging. "It's not your choice to make." The Enforcer told the mayor.

"I know that." The man responded. "But...perhaps, if they take care of that problem, this can be overlooked."

The Enforcer seemed to consider that and then nodded. "Well? The question is if they will."

Gwendoline had caught up and had a grim look on her face. "What's going on, father?"

The Dusknoir gave a sigh and turned back towards Lok and Nine. "The people of Omega have become more of a hassle these days. It seems that their leader is growing more desperate to take over the land for some reason....Between our two towns lays a grove. Watched over by a Legend it turns out. We know that Omega intends to capture this Legend but we don't have any real warriors to spare to protect them. If you were to agree to do this in our stead, well, perhaps then everything can be forgiven."

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

"A-anyways, congratulations on the wedding. I-I hope you two have m-many happy years,"

Elsa placed her fists on her hips. "And what are you stammering about? Are you hiding something? Just spit if out if you have something to say." She tossed her head and then sighed. "But thank you. We will. How could we not?"

She seemed to be wanting to say more but a wind suddenly picked up around the area and the tables started to shake and rattle. The flowers that were set around the area began to whip around as if caught in a cyclone.

Instead of panicking, however, the people seemed to grow excited. Chattering among themselves as the wind became more and more intense.

And then what seemed to be a small tornado landed in the middle of it all. People backed away from the spot but several tables and chairs went flying.

The tornado soon disappeared and instead a large, green, man stood in its place.

"Haha, now that I'm here this party can really get started eh?" The man said in a booming voice. "Damn I love weddings!"

Elsa looked around in surprise as the people of Ogren cheered. One voice cutting through it all with "It's him, it's the Great Green One!"

Mac slowly made her way forward, closer to where Kazo was, and muttered. "I knew it...Tornadus."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, We got the beat here

"Hey, what's behind that door? Is it like, a lower prison area, or a storage area? Do you mind if I check it out?"

The three soldiers stiffed as Denku asked them that.

The seemed on guard as Brooke came up to them and also spoke up. Looking both nervous and suspicious as they doubled down on wanting to know what was beyond the door.

Finally the Poliwrath responded. "That isn't any of your business...but yes, it's more of the prison."

"And we didn't hear the King tell us to lead you there." The Tentacruel said warily.

"Though he didn't say not to..." The Starmie added.

"I doubt he'd want people wandering around in there. It's dangerous." The Poliwrath said, crossing her arms.

"I got it!" The Tentacruel said. "I'll go check with the King. He'll be able to tell us if we can let you in there or not."

As the Gijinka went to leave, Easter offered to go with "To ask the king myself" and shot a meaningful glance back at the other two before heading off.

The Poliwrath and Starmie then turned their attention back on the other two. "Guess we just have to wait, now." The Starmie said with a shrug.

Team Showdown, Day 31, Rayquaza's Pad

The next morning had an uncomfortably tense atmosphere. It turned out that Kyogre and Solgaleo didn't get along very well, something about raining on parades or something like that, and the Legends all seemed to be getting more and more tense.

Rayquaza, when the group appeared before him, looked to be particularly stressed as he greeted them. "You're here. I assume that means you're ready to go, right? Remember, you just need to get Landorus to join us, and make sure he won't just change his mind like normal. If all goes well you won't even have to fight this time."

He groaned and stretched before standing up. "If you have any questions now's the time."

And once everyone had their say, they were transported once more in the now familiar, yet still bizarre, way.

And ended up landing where they had started this whole thing. Back in Oasis. Right in the middle of a large group of camels.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy felt like he was finally free of the denizens of Trailsau, finally making it to the volcano. He wanted to shout and get happy at this point, but he figured that would draw some unwanted attention to him. And right now, he didn't need that. "Alright...now, where is everyone el-"

He heard something that sounded like screams, which prompted him to look upward. That's when he saw it...two Larvitar children beginning to plummet towards the ground and them being quite a ways away from Marie and Nani. The Incineroar's eyes widened as he shook his head and started running full force. His teeth gritting greatly, his fear already coming to reality at this point, watching the children fall: he wasn't close enough to catch them.

DAMNIT!!! Arceus...either give me some sort of ExtremeSpeed right now...or let some sort of miracle happen!! Randy thought, running even more now. He knew right now...something had to happen in order for the children to be safe.

Luckily...it seemed like Arceus was still in the miracle working business.

He saw a familiar looking Flygon hovering near the base of the volcano, sending winds to slow the girl's descent and swooped in to save them, catching them. Upon finally making his way to the volcano, he smirked, flicking his nose some. "Well I'll be damned, those were some pretty cool moves there Trevor." he laughed heartily, hearing something over the volcano...

"Stop messing with my volcano and FIGHT ME ALREADY!"

Randy wanted to immediately move forward to get up the volcano, but first... With a deep breath, he instead looked at Trevor and the two Larvitars. "You two girls definitely are like your sister...and father." he commented, meaning it as a compliment. "Are you both alright? Please tell me you are...the last thing I need to have is not only your father from Mowloo on my tail...but Allie if she found out anything happened to you guys."

"Of course we're not!" one of the Larvitars said, while the other replied with, "Of course we are!" They looked at each other and the one who said they weren't continued with "We didn't get to the top."

"Well, that I can tell." Randy sighed, crossing his arms. "But I'm kinda glad you didn't. Your dad would've been extremely upset and worried sick about you two. I know he's a tough guy, but he'd really be crushed...and most likely upset with me and my friends...if anything happened."

What came next, actually surprised the Incineroar. Randy saw the reaction from both Larvitars being that of them laughing and he frowned a bit. "...and what's so funny?"

"He won't worry!"

"We would be fiiiine."

"Yeah well...he was worried. Pretty much wanted me and my friends..." he began, pointing towards where Marie and Nani where near the top of the volcano. "...to make sure you were alright. Since he thought Allie was watching you guys, annnnnnd I happened to come across Allie in Northshore, so that didn't put your old man at ease."

"You saw big sis?" One asked.

"How was she?"

"Did she beat you up?"

"Your sister is fine...was trying to beat up on Moltres..." Randy said, beginning to regale the bout in Northshore, but was keen on keeping certain details quiet. Namely, her being a Godslayer and attempting to kill Moltres. They were kids...and they needed their innocence and to keep looking up to their big sister. "...as for beating me up, well, she did wallop me quite a bit. But, it ended in a draw."

"No way, she must've won!"

"She never loses!"

"Now hang on! I didn't say she lost." he chuckled, shaking his head. "I just said it was a draw...honestly, she's the toughest opponent I've had around here." Save for Blake and Yveltal... he thought.

They seemed to be proud, as though Randy were praising them in this moment. "Of course!"

"Hehe, now...can you both do me a favor?" he asked, smiling. "I want you guys to go with Trevor here back to the house. I know good and well you guys are just as tough as your old man and big sister, but Heatran, well...I don't think it would be wise to go against him, ya know?"

"We can beat him." One said, grumbling. "Just gotta wait for the rain to stop"

Randy chuckled, shaking his head some. "I know you guys can, but I don't want you two to get hurt. I'm pretty sure your sister would be really upset if she found out something happened to you two, am I right?"

"You don't know our sister that well." One said, sticking out her tongue. "We're gonna beat up Heatran for her!"

"Beat him up for her?" Randy asked, raising an eyebrow. "How come?"

"She left to go fight other Legends and, and, and then come back and fight Heatran!"

"So if we beat up Heatran then she can come back cause he'll already be beaten up!"

"So that's the reason..." he muttered, before moving and clapping his hands together, rubbing them. "Alright. Well, for your old man's sake, you two need to go home...but, for your sister's sake, you two are the ones who beat up Heatran." Randy gave a toothly grin. "I got a deal. You two go home with Trevor, I take on this challenge for you. When we beat Heatran, and we will...I'll see if we can have him say that you two beat him on your own. Then everyone around here will know you two are the strongest! That'll definitely get Allie to return. How's that sound?"

The two seemed to be grumbling but, given they were stuck between Trevor's arms, they decided to let it go. "I bet you can't beat him up though." one muttered.

"Well, me and your sister ended up getting to a draw...so I'm fairly certain we can." Randy flashed a thumbs up to the Larvitar and then looked at Trevor. "Keep 'em safe. I gotta go up there and make sure my friends are alright."

"Go get him." Trevor said in quite the monotone tone as he shifted the two squirming children in his arms. "Let's go eat." he told them as he wobbled his way back.

With a firm nod, the Incineroar departed and started to make his way up the volcano. Don't worry guys...I'm coming!

hqWiIfT.png

"Stop messing with my volcano and FIGHT ME ALREADY!"

Well. They were up here. The kids were down there where it would be easier to get a hold of and talk to them. And right now, there were two options in front of Nani. One of them was to fight the legendary she'd never heard of on his own turf, and judging by the look of those arms of his, that wasn't a fight in Nani's favor or Marie's. Only an idiot would choose to take this fight.

"Actually, we did everything we came here for," Nani responded, starting down the volcano. The descent seemed a lot easier than the act of getting up here, though the slippery terrain caused by Marie's rain did make things a bit more dangerous. "There's a whole bunch of guys down there who love to fight; go down and fight them yourself."

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie watched in horror as the two larvitar began to fall from the mountain. And she could do no more than just watch as the two larvitar passed by her and Nani. Her hands were firmly gripping to the mountain, without any ability to keep them from falling to their doom the girl turned her gaze away as she braced herself for the inevitable hit on the ground. However, as a gust of wind made its way up the mountain, the girl couldn't help but turn her gaze back to the bottom, seeing Trevor with both of the kids in hand as he had managed to fly up and catch them. The girl let out a sigh of relief, figuring that she should apologize to Trevor when all was said and done. However, before she could begin her descent, the legend atop the volcano let out a roaring challenge at them once again. As the legend demanded for them to fight back, Marie couldn't help but shout out one word. 

"No!" As she did, Heatran let out another bellowing roar, causing the volcano to shake more. "Stop that!" Looking to Nani, she said, "we should probably get down now." With that, the girl started making her way down the shaking mountain. 

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine was glad that they were willing to  hear them out and not kill the deputy of Juyu where she stood. He was less glad that in order to make sure she didn't, they had to participate in some other village's war. Nine didn't know much about how Alpha and Omega got along with each other, other than that they didn't, but he was surprised to see things between them were truly this bad. All the same, the offer had stood and it wasn't like Nine really had a choice in the matter. Looking to the two he said, "well, if you'll exonerate my companion I'll gladly help you deal with your rivals." Granted, he probably would have said yes anyway even if the circumstances weren't so dire for Kayla. "And, she herself is a woman of peace keeping, so I'm sure she'd help as well." Looking to the Enforcer he then asked, "but just so I know what I'm getting into, how would you say you stack up against what we're against."

Edited by Skaia

"And what are you stammering about? Are you hiding something? Just spit if out if you have something to say." She tossed her head and then sighed. "But thank you. We will. How could we not?"

"H-hiding an incredible fear of women," Kazo muttered to himself as he put his hands behind his head and looking away. At least she thanked him, but good lord, this was why he didn't like talking to these kind of people. Next thing he knew, the winds started to pick up, and appearing in a vortex a large, green man appeared in one grand entrance.

"Haha, now that I'm here this party can really get started eh?" The man said in a booming voice. "Damn I love weddings!" Elsa looked around in surprise as the people of Ogren cheered, with one voice cutting through it all with,

"It's him, it's the Great Green One!"

Mac slowly made her way forward, closer to where Kazo was, and muttered. "I knew it...Tornadus."

"Because of course we run into yet another elusive legendary," Kazo shook his head. "I swear you're a magnet for them, Mac," He sighed and rolled his shoulder. "So, you wanna... talk to him or something?" He asked. "Please... please don't fight during the party,"

"That isn't any of your business...but yes, it's more of the prison." Alright, that was good to know. So there were more people here...

"And we didn't hear the King tell us to lead you there." The Tentacruel said warily. Fair point, to be honest.

"Though he didn't say not to..." The Starmie added. That was also a fair point.

"I doubt he'd want people wandering around in there. It's dangerous." The Poliwrath said, crossing her arms.

"I got it!" The Tentacruel said. "I'll go check with the King. He'll be able to tell us if we can let you in there or not."

"Yeah, go ahead, I don't wanna be stepping on toes," Denku said. "I'm just kinda chasing leads, so if it's too much trouble, don't worry about it," He paused as he watched the Tentacruel leave. It was quiet in the prison... and to be honest, Denku liked it. It had been a while since he had a quiet moment to himself. Still... he should try to learn more about the city. "So... um... whaddya all do for fun in Merm?"

Alpha Team Karaoke

Lok turned between the two figures as he waited to see what happened. Eventually, after an awkward silence, they would let her go - on one condition. Lok winced at the mention of Omega, knowing where this was going. It seemed that the bad blood between the two ghost towns had not changed since he left. Still, he had no problems helping against Omega, especially with his friend's life on the line. "Of course." Lok said, turning towards the Enforcer. "I'll gladly help." He said, nodding. He turned to Nine, who also seemed willing to help out, although he wanted to know how they stacked up against them. He turned back to the Enforcer, waiting to see what his answer would be.

Sky Temple Team Showdown

The next morning came, and Scarlet felt more at ease after enjoying her alone time on the balcony. She had actually fallen asleep on the balcony, funnily enough. Despite her feeling better, though, the scene around her was getting more and more tense. The Legends in general seemed to be getting more and more on edge as more of them came into Rayquaza's home. Scarlet tried to ignore it - the sooner they finished all this, the sooner everyone could go back and get away from each other.

Rayquaza was no exception, seeming to be stressed out. He seemed anxious to get Landorous as soon as possible, something Scarlet could relate with. When Rayquaza asked them if they had any questions, Scarlet simply shook her head. "No questions here - lets get this done as soon as possible." She said, stretching her arms in front of her. She waited to see if any of the others had questions to ask Rayquaza, before preparing to head out.

After the all too familiar transport, they were back on Oasis. Around her were camels walking along the sand. "Well, we're here..." She said to no one in particular, looking around her. It wasn't too long ago that she was here, right when all of this started. To think that she would be out gathering some sort of super legendary team not long after what she thought would be a simple expedition. She turned to Taiga and Isole, a soft smile forming on her face. She wouldn't have had it any other way.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Temple/Oasis

The next morning came by quick, as she was able to fall asleep pretty easily after that soak in the tub.  Although, she was still groggy from how heavy and deep her sleep was.  They met in the throne room, where Rayquaza greeted them.  He seemed anxious.

"You're here. I assume that means you're ready to go, right? Remember, you just need to get Landorus to join us, and make sure he won't just change his mind like normal. If all goes well you won't even have to fight this time.  If you have any questions now's the time."

"No questions here - lets get this done as soon as possible."

"Zilch.  Zero.  No questions."  She yawned, stretching her arms.  In a mere matter of milliseconds, they were whisked away by that gust of wind again, and plopped down on a familiar feeling.  Taiga scooped the stuff underneath her butt, and let the small particles fall between her fingers.  Sand.  She looked around her, as they were surrounded by another nostalgic sight, a sea of camels.  She smiled, as she got to her feet, dusting the residue sand off of her clothes.

"Well, we're here..."

"Back to square one, huh?"  Taiga snorted.  They needed a lead to find Landorus now, and she had the perfect Gijinka to snoop around.  "Follow me."  Taiga said, as they walked out of the camels, and towards Oasis proper.  She walked into that Inn they had walked into for their first reward as chasers, as she could see all the damage she caused had been repaired by now.  Regardless if there were patrons or not, Taiga hollered.  "Helloooooo?!  Old Lady Vibrava!  You still here?  Or did you kick the frickin' bucket yet?!"  

"There's a whole bunch of guys down there who love to fight; go down and fight them yourself."

Heatran roared back in response, the volcano the two were climbing down starting to rumble more violently.

"Stop that!"

"Do not mock me, come back here and fight NOW!" Heatran shouted. And then volcano's rumbling increased. Gouts of lava began to shoot up behind the man who clung to the lip of the volcano. "Fight me before it's too late you COWARDS!" Heatran's roar echoed throughout the town.

And the volcano approached the point of eruption.

The Enforcer stepped back from Kayla and gave her room to stand up. The next moment she was standing beside Nine and Lok, looking downward, hiding her face.

He gave a raspy groan as Nine asked his question. "None can stand up to me." He said, crossing his arms. "Which is the only reason they haven't launched a full attack on this town. But with the power of a Legend..." His eyes turned to Lok and Gwen, giving them both knowing looks, "The odds would be much more even."

Looking back at Nine he half shrugged. "I doubt they will send their strongest. In that case you probably have nothing to truly worry about as long as you aren't weak." Then back to Lok. "But if you haven't grown stronger, this will prove an impossible task."

-----

After all was said and done the four adventurers, though it took Gwen some time to convince her father to let her go, set out down south. They couldn't be sure where they were headed but they were told they'd "know when they got there."

Gwen attempted to keep things light as they went. But the dismal, dead, scenery made it difficult. The land was grey as far as they could see. The occasional attempt at plant life poked through the soil but it was more often than not simple skeletal trees and blackened grass. The occasional wind that passed through was cold and sharp, but without much force, and even it couldn't so much as stir the ground.

"So what kind of Legend do you think we're looking for? It can't be a very strong one if we have to protect them, right? I wonder if they'll be friendly." Gwen asked.

Kayla seemed even more silent than usual. However unlike usual she didn't seem to just vanish and reappear at random. Instead she kept her gaze on her feet as she shuffled along, only occasionally reacting to a sudden word or breeze. It seemed that she had some concerns of her own but what those were was anyone's guess.

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

"I swear you're a magnet for them, Mac,"

"I don't have a Magnet." Mac said, rolling her eyes. "But if you find one I bet it'd help a lot."

"So, you wanna... talk to him or something?" He asked. "Please... please don't fight during the party,"

"Hey I know that!...I'll wait until it ends! You're telling me you don't want to take this chance to fight another Legend? I bet we can take this one." Mac nodded firmly.

While it was likely Kazo didn't want their conversation overheard Mac's signature voice combined with Tornadus's excellent hearing caused the Legend to notice the end of her sentence. He floated his way there and they would notice that, while he had legs, he was traveling with what seemed to be a gathering of wispy clouds under his feet.

"So, little lady, you wanna tussle with the muscle do ya?" He said, flexing one arm. "I can't say I expected to hear that from some shrimps like you. What's your names?" He leaned down and narrowed his eyes, staring at Kazo. "And what's this familiar smell I sense on you..."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, We got the beat here

"So... um... whaddya all do for fun in Merm?"

The Starmie and Poliwrath looked at each other in confusion for a moment. Then the Starmie seemed to relax a bit while the Poliwrath appeared more guarded.

"Seahorse races, parades, light shows, there's a lot always going on! It feels like every week is a festival of some kind." The Starmie responded.

"No one here ever lacks for something to do." The Poliwrath followed up with a grunt. "Not a fan myself but it keeps the people happy. I'd rather just spend more time in the gym..."

"Why do you ask? What, you uh, want to stick around or something?" The Starmie asked. "I don't know if the king would let you do that...but you could try!"

The Poliwrath cringed. "I'd love to see his face." She muttered.

---

The king's face was not pleased as Dora explained that they were on a mission from a Legend. "What's wrong?" His wife asked and he shook his head.

"No, it's nothing to fret about. Dora, keep your mother company, I need to confirm something." He reached down and patted the girl's head before leaning over towards his sickly wife and lovingly kissing her forehead. "I'll be back soon."

Team Showdown, Day 31, Rayquaza's Pad

Isole looked around and let out a sigh. "Great. Heat. Fun." She said, sweat already pouring down her forehead.

By the time they escaped the camels, which turned out to be in the huge pen known as Camelpalooza, and made their way towards the inn she was, metaphorically speaking, dragging her feet.

And once they actually reached said inn she was literally dragging her feet. Floating low to the ground and her feet brushing against the sand. "This place is disgusting." She muttered, and, perhaps surprisingly, her face actually showed some emotion as she was pouting.

Once inside the inn she relaxed, slightly, as the cool darkness enveloped them. Though it was still far too hot for her comfort. Tapping Scarlet she muttered. "How strong is that Waterfall of hers? Think it might cool me down?"

Meanwhile Taiga was getting a bunch of stairs as she made her rather loud entrance. A young boy, gulping nervously, ran up the stairs nearby and a bit later came down guiding the elderly Vibrava. "Calm down calm down." She told the boy. "I'm moving as fast as I can do you want me to break my leg?" She looked up at Taiga and squinted. "Who are you? Do I know you? Did you come here for some pie? I'm busy right now young lady so just sit down and wait a spell. Quietly, if you would, I could hear your shouting all the way upstairs."

"Hey I know that!...I'll wait until it ends! You're telling me you don't want to take this chance to fight another Legend? I bet we can take this one." Mac nodded firmly.

"I mean, to be fair, having a nice, non-life spar would be nice after what happened with literally everyone else," Kazo admitted. "But, I mean, from his name and his entrance, I think he can make tornadoes. That's not the easiest force of nature to fight, you know?"

"So, little lady, you wanna tussle with the muscle do ya?" He said, flexing one arm. "I can't say I expected to hear that from some shrimps like you. What's your names?" He leaned down and narrowed his eyes, staring at Kazo. "And what's this familiar smell I sense on you..."

"Um... S-same body spray?" Kazo joked. "I... really don't know what you could be smelling... unless...," He looked at Tornadus strangely. "You're... not with my mom, are you?" He had no idea what to think about that if it was true. Hell, if that was the case, did Denku know? What did he think of it if that was the case?

"Seahorse races, parades, light shows, there's a lot always going on! It feels like every week is a festival of some kind." The Starmie responded. That was interesting to say the least. Denku was actually genuinely interested about what these people had to say. Maybe because they were under the ocean and that was unusual to him, or maybe because he wanted to know what Dora's home was like.

"No one here ever lacks for something to do." The Poliwrath followed up with a grunt. "Not a fan myself but it keeps the people happy. I'd rather just spend more time in the gym..."

"Why do you ask? What, you uh, want to stick around or something?" The Starmie asked. "I don't know if the king would let you do that...but you could try!"

The Poliwrath cringed. "I'd love to see his face." She muttered. Denku shook his head.

"No, no, I doubt I'd be welcomed," Denku admitted. "Just a mix of curiosity about Dora's home, and some ideal places to start my search for the kid we're looking for," He sighed to himself. "After we find this kid, I'm going to go look for my brother again. Let my bleeding heart sidetrack me too much as it is,"

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

As Randy made his ascent up the volcano, he could feel it shake violently while also noticing that Marie and Nani were...climbing...down? Well, our objective WAS to get the Larvitars down...plus make sure they're alright. So maybe they have the right ide-

"Do not mock me, come back here and fight NOW! Fight me before it's too late you COWARDS!"

The Incineroar felt the volcano shake even more violently, even seeing gout of lava shooting up behind Heatran. This caused the man to sigh greatly, as he kept climbing up the volcano. He knew what the shaking and even the lava gout was signifying, thanks to being on Alola: the volcano was nearing eruption. At this point, if no one fought him, in his mind...the volcano would erupt and everyone in Trailsau would most likely get stuck in the carnage...and that included Allie's sisters.

With a slight growl, his pace picked up as he kept climbing up the volcano, eventually passing Nani and Marie in the process. "HEATRAN!!!" he roared back out. "HEATRAN I'VE COME TO FIGHT!!" Glancing at Marie and Nani, he smirked a bit. "You two, Trevor has the kids. If you don't want to be apart of this, get on going." Turning his attention back to finishing his ascent, Randy ended up roaring again. "HEATRAN! I'VE COME TO FIGHT!!"