LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie kept climbing down the volcano, and Heatran's continued proclamations that he needed to fight someone did not stop. She did not at all feel spurred to take action, having already sav- kept the kids from fighting the legend. The mountain being on the precipice of erupting didn't exactly inspire her to stay either. However, as she tried to tune out the legend's roars, the girl could not tune out the challenge coming from below. Letting out a sigh, the girl knew who it belonged to, but still looked to confirm that it was indeed Randy scaling the side of the mountain. 

As he made his way up there, the Incineroar informed them both of the state of the kids as well as his clear intent to go and fight Heatran. The girl looked at him like he was crazy, just saying, "wait. Randy what are you - Randy!" The girl groaned as she hit her against the mountain's side. Looking to Nani she said, "why did I tell him he could do this?" The girl knew that she did stipulate that he could fight unless she thought it was going to be too dangerous, but at this point there was probably no talking him out of it anyway. And, knowing that he was probably going to get himself killed or over do it, Marie couldn't actually just leave him to his devices.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" Yelling to the topic of her lungs she shouted out, "fine! I'll fight you, you big hot head!" With fierce, annoyed, determination in her eyes, she looked to Nani. "Come on!" With that, the girl went back to scaling the mountain. 

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine was glad to see that Kayla was free from her near execution, and even more so that they wouldn't have to be dealing with anyone as strong as the man before them. He didn't actually know how strong the Enforcer was, but that he was able to keep an entire village wary from attacking to begin with probably spoke enough about it. As such, Nine gave a small smile as the job was given to them saying, "don't worry. When it comes to dealing with legends and legend issues, you won't have find a better group." 

From there, Nine waited for the others to get their business done before beginning the travels out. The travel itself was, unfortunately, perhaps among the more dull that he had been on. All around them, there was nothing but gray, dead land. The flora was shriveled and decrepit. The wind was but a breeze yet still cold. As such, the travel was boring and almost monotonous from the lack of new or interesting landmarks around them. If anything, Nine was more impressed that two large villages could live and thrive here for so long. 

As Gwen made her comment about the legend, Nine curiously looked between her and Lok saying, "oh, I thought you guys would've known who it was." Putting his hand on his chin, he said, "well, if it's like its residents there aren't many ghost legends I can think of. Only one that comes to mind is Hoopa, and I doubt people would put their hopes on a prankster to win a war." Smiling towards Gwen he said, "but, we've had a pretty good track record of meeting friendly legends so far. So, I bet we can make good with this one too." Nine's eyes briefly glanced to Kayla, who had seemed troubled, but didn't quite know what to say to the girl. While she had a lot on her mind, he couldn't help but feel that she didn't want to talk about it in front of the ghosts, and so he made a note to ask her later.

hqWiIfT.png
Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote, Kasib Berry

Well, aside from the raging man at the top of the volcano, Nani liked to believe things had gone pretty well. Not ideal, but passable. Marie said it was time to get going - a sentiment Nani agreed all too well with - but as she descended down the volcano, all that good not-fighting was about to be thrown out the window.

"HEATRAN!!!"

Uh-oh. Don't do it, Randy.

"HEATRAN I'VE COME TO FIGHT!!"

Aaaand there he goes. Nani looked up at the climbing Incineroar with an emotion that she wasn't really sure what it was. This idiot was going to get her and Marie killed one day, assuming he didn't get himself killed first.

"Come on!"

"Nope. I'm gonna go check on the kids. One of us has to." With that, Nani continued further down the volcano. She did feel bad just leaving Randy and Marie to fight this guy, but that wasn't what they were here for in the first place anyway. Besides, like she'd said, somebody had to check in on the kids. Randy wasn't going to, Marie wasn't going to, and Keanu was still missing in action. That just left Nani. And so, down the Mimikyu scaled, eventually reaching the bottom where she was reunited with Trevor and the Larvitars.

"Alright, uh, with that detour out of the way... me and my friends up there were asked to, er... make sure you two are doing okay," Nani stated to the kids. Her voice was awkward and she looked like there was more she wanted to say, but wasn't able to piece together what. But at least she got the important stuff out, right? Right.

Alpha Team Karaoke

Lok let out a sigh of relief as he saw Kayla stand next to the group. The Enforcer went on to answer Nine's question, before turning to Lok. "But if you haven't grown stronger, this will prove an impossible task." Lok nodded his head, a small grin forming on his face. Sure, he was still fairly weak compared to his companions. However, he had grown since he first left this town. He knew he was stronger than the weak ghost that was his former self.

"I won't let you down."

The group set out south, the gray landscape adding a dreary atmosphere. They didn't know how long it would be before they reached their destination - only that they would know when they had arrived. Gwen had asked about what Legend they thought they would meet. Lok wasn't too sure, as he didn't know all that much about the legends. Still, he thought about it with his limited knowledge - it wasn't like they had anything else to do. As Nine answered, his ears perked up at the idea that it could be Hoopa. It was one of the few legends he knew, and the one he had the most interest in. Lok got annoyed by Nine's off hand comment about pranksters, though, and as he finished Lok spoke up.

"I think people could easily put their hopes on someone as crafty and smart as Hoopa." He said with a hint of annoyance, before turning to Gwen. "I sure hope it's Hoopa! I've looked up to the legendary prankster since I was young." He said, rubbing the back of his head. "It's a large part as to why I became a chaser in the first place."

Oasis Team Showdown

Scarlet followed Taiga through the sea of camels, keeping an eye on Isole. The heat wasn't doing the poor Ice-type any favors. She wasn't sure how to comfort her, though - holding her would only really add to the problem.

Eventually, they made it into an Inn, Isole seemed to be disgusted by the place. She seemed to be doing better in here than out there, however, as it was just a bit cooler. As Taiga announced her presence, Scarlet decided to hang back a bit with Isole to make sure the girl was ok. "How strong is that Waterfall of hers? Think it might cool me down?" Scarlet let out a small chuckle, feeling bad for the poor Ice-type.

"I wouldn't recommend it" She said, turning back to the shark. "Her Waterfalls pack quite a punch... " She turned back to Isole, a small frown forming on her face. "I-I'm not sure how much help this is, but you could..." She started, before fluttering her wings a bit. "...use these things like a fan maybe?" She said, shrugging as she waited for the girls response.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Oasis

"Calm down calm down.  I'm moving as fast as I can do you want me to break my leg?" She looked up at Taiga and squinted. "Who are you? Do I know you? Did you come here for some pie? I'm busy right now young lady so just sit down and wait a spell. Quietly, if you would, I could hear your shouting all the way upstairs."

Taiga grinned at the old lady.

"What?  You don't remember the squad that saved Oasis?  Your brain leavin' you in the dust Old Lady Vibrava?  Fufufufu!"  She laughed, putting her fists on her hips.  "I guess it has been some time since we left town.  That fight we got into after Volcanion kicked the bucket really caused a stir.  Seemed like it was so long ago.  We even lost a couple of crew members, but we gained this stubborn icy chick.  Ain't she cute?"  Taiga shook her head as she reminisced.  "Honestly, I thought you would've kicked the bucket by now."  Then she remembered.  "Hey, thanks for sending that pie with us to Fryst...it kinda helped, but I got us into trouble anyway.  Fufufu."  She shrugged, before sitting down at one of the tables.  Her face grew serious, as her finger dug into the top.

"Honestly, I'm not here cause I was feelin' nostalgic.  I'm on a mission to chase down Landorus.  I figured you'd know where to look for 'em...seein' as you're so old an stuff."  

Brooke couldn’t realistically think of a way to get them out of the situation they were in. That was the big factor to the dumb decision she made; she figured that when you’ve eliminated all the logical theories, it only made sense to follow an illogical one. Another thing that played into was Denku, who unintentionally was playing an amazing decoy as she made her way over to the prison cell silently.

“You’d do anything to protect Dora… right?” she asked Gisei quietly, hoping the guards didn’t notice her.

"I ended up here for her,” he said solemnly. “Actions speak louder than words."

Brooke couldn’t argue with that. She reached out to grasp two adjacent bars. A red glow surrounded her as she channeled her fighting energy to boost her strength, assuredly catching the attention of the guard, but it was far too late at that point. “Don’t make me regret this,” she grunted, squeezing, and then with a one strong pull she completely ripped the bars from out of the cage.

Gisei was free. 

Brooke spun around and threw the cell wall at the nearest guard. "Sorry Denku but gonna have to cut the chit-chat short!"

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

"You're... not with my mom, are you?"

Tornadus smirked and ignored Mac's "Ew, gross."

"Well, I don't know, lot of ladies spent a lot of nights with me before. Who's to say one of them wasn't your mom? But...no, that's not what I meant. The scent I smell is the scent of power. Of Legendary power. You kiddies have been very busy, haven't you?"

There was an almost accusatory tone to his voice that Mac didn't like. "Hey! We didn't do anything bad! We've been busy helping you guys! I haven't even gotten a chance to fight any of you myself except one. I thought you Legends were supposed to accept challenges whenever they came!"

"Little outdated knowledge you've got there. Don't you know? We're in the off-season. We need some time off after all. Especially with people trying to kill us."

Elsa stepped forward, hands on her hips, and looked Tornadus straight in the eye. "That's all well and good but can you tone it down a little? You're blowing away the flowers."

Tornadus threw his head back and laughed. "Man, people are so spunky these days aren't they?" He then pointed at Kazo. "Except you, why's that? You're bigger than both of these lovely ladies so how come I can see you shaking in your boots?"

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, I'll Stop With the Lyrics Now

"After we find this kid, I'm going to go look for my brother again. Let my bleeding heart sidetrack me too much as it is,"

This time it was the Poliwrath who seemed to relax a little. Or, rather, had a somewhat guilty look on her face. The Starmie seemed to pick up something worrisome about what Denku said, however, as they started to shift back and forth while he talked. "Well...but, well, why is finding this kid so important anyw-gah!" The Starmie fell backwards as they were struck by metal bars directly on the head. They rolled back and forth on the ground, clutching their forehead, the red gem showing on their collarbone flashing.

"Damn it, it was a trick!" The Poliwrath said and reached out to throw Denku.

Then a large torrent of water struck the woman and send her flying backwards. Both the guards helped each other to their feet and glared at the group. But more specifically at the man emerging from the cell.

Gisei was holding one arm, with a huge claw-like appendage attached to it, out towards them. The bindings having snapped off from the force of the Hydro Pump.

"I suggest we make this quick." He said.

Team Alola, Day 27, Trailsau

"HEATRAN! I'VE COME TO FIGHT!!"

"ABOUT DAMN TIME" Came the Legend's response.

He then backed away from the lip of the volcano while the two made their way to the top. Once they both were there they would see that Heatran was standing on a small island, a dozen feet in diameter, of volcanic rock. Which had four paths of similar material reaching the lip of the volcano in each direction. Several, smaller, islands floated in between each path but much of the area was made up of the lava from the volcano.

The heat was intense to the point that even the Fire and Water types would feel it negatively but Heatran seemed to be perfectly fine.

BGM

"It has been too long since someone came to fight me. The volcano is angry." Heatran said. "And all that they have to send me are these children. Very well...I am Heatran, the very embodiment of the willpower of the Legends. Try and last more than a moment."

He then looked upward, opened up his jaw unnaturally wide, and bursts of flame shot out into the air and then fell down in a plume along the lip of the volcano where the two who had just finished climbing were standing.

---

"Alright, uh, with that detour out of the way... me and my friends up there were asked to, er... make sure you two are doing okay,"

Nani had run into the group, with Trevor literally carrying each kid under a separate arm, making their way back towards the outskirts of the city. One of them simply stuck their tongue out at Nani. The other actually spoke up. "The old man already told us. We don't need no looking after!" She pouted at Nani, head hanging upside down.

Trevor sighed, shifting the two to keep them from falling, and slowed his movement. "Did...they really go up there?" Trevor said. "He seems extra angry today..."

Team Karaoke, Day 37, Deadlands

"but, we've had a pretty good track record of meeting friendly legends so far. So, I bet we can make good with this one too."

Gwendoline gave an awkward laugh. "Y-yeah, I'm sure...I'm sure it'll be fine. Legends are...good people, right?" She asked, clearly unconvinced.

"It's a large part as to why I became a chaser in the first place."

"That's just like you." Gwen said. "But I'd be careful, I've heard some scary things about Hoopa before. You wouldn't want to get on their bad side I'm sure."

It was somewhat difficult, for the non-natives, to tell when night was falling. The darkness didn't seem to be much changed as the hours passed, but eventually Gwen declared that it was time to rest up. She hummed cheerily as she gathered up a very small amount of brush and sticks. "Nine, could you, er, shedinja some light on the situation?" She asked with a nervous giggle.

The group sat around the fire in silence for a while and then Gwen turned to say something to Kayla and noticed that the girl had gotten up and was now hovering somewhere outside of the light of the fire, looking up at the sky.

Team Showdown, Day 31, Oasis

"...use these things like a fan maybe?"

Normally Isole would balk at such a suggestion. Putting herself in as awkward a situation as that. At the moment however. "Yes, do it, Arceus how can anyone stand this. Why did we come here again?" Her tone was almost whiny and it seemed the hotter she got the more her cold exterior, literally and figuratively, melted away.

Ain't she cute?

"Bite me." Isole snapped back. Then quickly seemed to lose any trace of fight in her as the heat drained her energy and caused her head to droop.

"Honestly, I'm not here cause I was feelin' nostalgic.  I'm on a mission to chase down Landorus.  I figured you'd know where to look for 'em...seein' as you're so old an stuff."  

The nearby people inside turned to look at Taiga as she said that as if she had grown a second head.

Meanwhile the old lady shook her head. "Yes I remember now, you're just as bold and rude as you were then, I do hope you weren't like this to that young man in Fryst. It has been such a long time since I've seen him. Always was a strange kid, but always one who wanted to keep people safe...what were we talking about again? Oh, yes, Landorus. I don't know where you might find him. I hear he rests under the ground most of the time." She stared into Taiga's face for a while and then said. "Now if you don't need me for anything. I have an old friend upstairs who I don't want to keep waiting. He's been away for such a long time so I'm sure you can imagine we have a lot to discuss." She waited a moment before turning and shuffling her way to the stairs once more.

8GrkkS0.png

Everything was going so great. Ari had met Kazo's mom and she seemed to like him! That made him really happy to hear. It was obvious that Kazo's mom was important to him, just like Ari's mom was important to him. And Kazo was important to Ari, so...being liked by Kazo's important person just felt really nice. Like coming back home again. Even if he wasn't...really home. It was hard to explain.

Anyway, Kazo's mom liked him, gave him clothes even, and then the wedding happened! It was really cool, and Ari couldn't help but wonder if maybe that's what they planned for him back home. Originally they had wanted him and Tiana to marry eventually, at least that was what Iago had said, but Ari wasn't really sure if he believed him or not. That old notebeak was always telling him he had to something or another.

He hadn't really liked the idea of marrying anybody, still didn't, but if all marriages were like this wedding then maybe it wasn't so bad. Even if his two friends didn't seem to think so. Kazo looked bored and Mac had fallen asleep. A little annoyed, the Litleo was about to boot her off of her chair when Kazo did it for him...picked her up, anyway.

But when people looked to be getting ready for the reception, or whatever it is they called the after-party, a large tornado appeared in the middle and turned into a green man. Who apparently was a legendary. Tornadus. Ari had never heard of him, but Mac apparently had, and that was enough for him to believe it.

Then Tornadus started talking about them smelling familiar, and the lion cub was listening patiently...until he insulted Kazo. The man threw his head back and laughed. "Man, people are so spunky these days aren't they?" He then pointed at Kazo. "Except you, why's that? You're bigger than both of these lovely ladies so how come I can see you shaking in your boots?"

Ari stomped ahead, tail sticking straight out behind him like a banner. "Kazo's not shaking! And if he is, he's just trying to hold back the urge to fight. He's not a hothead like some people," he stared straight at Mac while speaking the last words.

--

m0FODxE.png

Following after the Tentacruel, Easter sighed and stretched. He really wanted to see what their library looked like before anything else. Sure, Brooke was interested in this Gisei fellow, but really, the most important thing, the reason that they were there, was to find Phione, or at least sniff out their whereabouts. Maybe this wasn't a good idea, he thought. Leaving Brooke to her own devices. Still...Denku is with her, and he's got a head on his shoulders. He should be able to prevent her from doing anything stupid. Not that he thought the Emboar was stupid, far from it really, but, well, he just had a bad feeling. She was pretty protective of Dora, after all, and the king seemed bound and determined to keep Dora with him. That right there was a conflict of interest.

Eventually the two reached the throne room, but couldn't find the king. They went through a side hallway, however, where the Kingler was standing, looking to be on his way somewhere else, before being interrupted by the two of them. Despite Brooke's absolute stance to not trust the king, the fairy type was still unsure. If they played it right, the king could be a useful ally. With his backing, they would be able to go wherever they wished within the boundaries of Merm. So he began his request that they explore that cell, hoping the man would be willing to grant it.

Except the king was less than impressed with their request. With a firm denial, the man rose from his throne, visage twisted with anger, snapping at the Tentacruel guard to "keep an eye on him." Watching the king's departure with a sinking heart, Easter shook his head. Now wasn't the time to be disappointed. After all, that just meant they had to go for plan B. Which might already be in process, actually.

"Sorry about this," the Tentacruel said awkwardly. The two had started to gain a slight rapport while Easter had been busy distracting the guards earlier.

It truly was a shame.

"So am I," the Sylveon replied, and fired a Psyshock point-blank at the guard. Checking to see the gijinka had been knocked unconscious, he shook his head slowly in disappointment. "Type coverage...nobody ever expects it for some reason. Though I do make a point to avoid conflicts with poison types."

He stepped over the guard's body. The gijinka had lost all importance in his mind. What mattered right now was finding Dora. He started to glance through the various rooms attached to the hallway.

--

UmBSVSF.png

Keanu groaned after finally breaking free of the melee. He had been trapped in there for a while, dishing out a few attacks, but for the most part, dodging them. Which, thankfully, was relatively easy for one of his species. Letting loose a sigh of relief, he perked up at seeing a familiar face. "Eyo, Randy!" However, the Incineroar looked...a little distracted. He seemed to be roaring back at the volcano, shouting something about fighting him. The Pikachu resisted the urge to facepalm. "Gods...what did you all get yourselves into this time? You all right?" He stared at the wounds covering the other, though the tiger still looked to be in pretty good shape. Keanu looked around as he began to climb alongside the fire type. "Where are the others?"

Edited by Sethera

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"ABOUT DAMN TIME!"

"Where are the others?"

"Keanu! Jeez, glad to see you in one piece." Randy laughed, doing his best to explain the situation. During his explanation, he took note that Nani went down the volcano and met with Trevor and the Larvitar. Which was a good idea, least he thought. "Basically, right now, the kids are safe with Trevor. Nani is going with them. But, Heatran needs a fight. If ya haven't noticed...the volcano is pretty worse for ware. Meaning, a fight doesn't happen...bye-bye Trailsau." He reached the top of the volcano, glancing over at Marie. "That's why I'm doing this. Not only just to get stronger from this Chaser thing...but I honestly don't think Trailsau needs to get harmed by this."

With a sharp exhale, Randy turned to face Heatran, who was standing on a small island surrounded by lava. This battlefield was tailored for Heatran, he was in his element...nevertheless, the Incineroar began to crack his knuckles, all the while feeling the intense heat that was fairly evident the volcano was creating.

"It has been too long since someone came to fight me. The volcano is angry. And all that they have to send me are these children. Very well...I am Heatran, the very embodiment of the willpower of the Legends. Try and last more than a moment."

Randy smirked, slamming his fists together. "A pleasure to meet you, Heatran. I'm Randy Roarton from Alola." With a crack of his neck, he had his eyes fixated on the fiery Legend. "Here's hoping I don't disappoint you."

Heatran immediately made the first move, shooting a Lava Plume right into the air and it was coming down right towards him and Marie. Quickly, Randy grabbed the Brionne and dodged the Lava Plume, putting her on another side of the volcano's lip. Then he turned and used Acrobatics to make his move, doing his best to land on one of the small islands. Once getting his balance, Randy fired off a quick Fire Blast towards the Legend.

Heatran stood up and spread his arms, taking the Blast directly, and absorbing it. "My home is a volcano, I fear no flames!"

"Heh, should've figured." Randy chuckled, flicking his nose slightly. "Flash Fire, huh? Well then...let's try this then!" With a roar, he rushed towards Heatran and began to use Acrobatics against the Legend.

As Randy comes down, Heatran's head gets coated in metal, and he meets Randy with an Iron Head.

The Incineroar had no time to dodge, in mid-attack as the Iron Head hit head on. "T-Tch...jeez...that smarts." he growled, shaking his head slightly. As Randy recovered floating stones formed above Heatran, covered in a mystical glow, and were flung at Randy.

Randy saw the floating stones being flung towards him and did his best to dodge as many as he could. He still got struck by these projectiles, which seemed to be energy based, but they still hurt like a mother. Randy decided to fire off another Fire Blast, this time to deal with the floating stones.

The fire would be able to keep some of the stones away but Heatran took this time to rush at Randy to grab the Incineroar.

"S-Shit!!" Randy shouted, seeing Heatran rushing towards him. He attempted to jump back out of the way of the Legend.

Heatran stopped in his movement as Randy jumped and opened his mouth wide. Instead of a plume of flames he launched a straight-shot Flamethrower instead.

Randy began to grit his teeth, as he watched Heatran began to open his mouth. He was about to fire off a Fire Fang, but got blasted by a straight-shot a Flamethrower.

"Ew, gross."

"Right?" Kazo said, the fact this was a rare moment where the two agreed with each other was not lost on him.

"Well, I don't know, lot of ladies spent a lot of nights with me before. Who's to say one of them wasn't your mom?"

"Please stop," Was Kazo's dry reply. He didn't want that image in his head.

"But...no, that's not what I meant. The scent I smell is the scent of power. Of Legendary power. You kiddies have been very busy, haven't you?"

"Hey! We didn't do anything bad! We've been busy helping you guys! I haven't even gotten a chance to fight any of you myself except one. I thought you Legends were supposed to accept challenges whenever they came!"

"I-I mean... help is kind of a strong word...," More like they didn't die long enough so good things would happen.

"Little outdated knowledge you've got there. Don't you know? We're in the off-season. We need some time off after all. Especially with people trying to kill us." Yeah, that made sense to Kazo. It's not like people could just fight all day every day. Even legends needed breaks. Elsa stepped forward, hands on her hips, and looked Tornadus straight in the eye.

"That's all well and good but can you tone it down a little? You're blowing away the flowers." Instead of some sort of angry retort, like Kazo expected, Tornadus threw his head back and laughed.

"Man, people are so spunky these days aren't they?" He then pointed at Kazo. "Except you, why's that? You're bigger than both of these lovely ladies so how come I can see you shaking in your boots?"

"Kazo's not shaking! And if he is, he's just trying to hold back the urge to fight. He's not a hothead like some people," Ari spoke up before Kazo could, staring straight at Mac while speaking the last words.

"I-I mean, I'm not... really wanting to fight per se?" Kazo commented. "I-I mean, judging from his name... he makes tornadoes... a-and you don't 'fight' something like that... a-at least not with a lot of collateral damage...," As for the other thing. "A-and... I'm not shaking in my boots. I just... have a hard time with women...," His voice got lower and lower as he finished his sentence. Man, he really didn't like admitting it to people. It made him seem even more pathetic... and now two people had noticed. Great.

Things seemed to be going alright. The Poliwrath seemed to... loosen up due to guilt, while the Starmie had an important question.

"Well...but, well, why is finding this kid so important anyw-gah!" Before Denku could launch into a thread of half-truths, a cell wall was launched right into the poor guy's head.

"Sorry Denku but gonna have to cut the chit-chat short!" Brook called out. Denku, for once in his time in this group, dropped his cool demeanor and was just in a state of shock. What... what the hell just happened?

"Damn it, it was a trick!" The Poliwrath said and reached out to throw Denku.

"Wait, what? No, that wasn't---!" Now they thought him both a criminal and a liar. This wasn't going going to help them at all. Denku was far too unprepared for a fight and would have been grabbed, if not for a blast of water that hit the Poliwrath.

"I suggest we make this quick." Gisei said. Denku's mind just wasn't processing all of this... still, there was something really important he needed to do.

"Brooke, what the FUCK?!" He shouted, that cool persona he had kept up in the middle of a war, under constant testing from Fia and Beatrice, and the constant sidetracking of his quest, had finally broken. The one person he thought had a level head on her shoulders decided now, without consulting the rest of them, that conducting a jail break in a underground prison under the sea was the right and smart thing to do.

He fired off his jets, flinging himself away from the guards and towards the now criminals. Now he had to fight... but did he have to? No, you know what? Brooke and Gisei had this. He wasn't letting himself be dragged into all this. He landed by Brooke, grumbling to himself before finally saying. "I guess it'd be too much to ask what the actual fuck is going on right now. Can't stop you now, sadly. Guess we'll just have to deal with this fallout,"

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

"Brooke, what the FUCK?!" Denk shouted. He launched himself back to her side, fuming. "I guess it'd be too much to ask what the actual fuck is going on right now… Can't stop you now, sadly. Guess we'll just have to deal with this fallout.”

Something snapped in Brooke. “What’s going on?” she snarled. “The same thing as always. I’m trying my best to protect Dora!” She stomped her foot and energy suddenly crackled around her. Her bright orange hair started to lift up, as if raised by some invisible force, frizzing this way and that. “This last month I’ve done nothing but try to protect Dora! Fighting monsters, sailing across the sea, traveling to this damned underwater kingdom; it was all for her sake!” Zip. Zap. Zip. Electricity pulsed down her arms in long arcs, rapidly bouncing back and forth as it encased her body. “So don’t you dare act surprised when I mess up this stupid quest from these fucking legends to try and help her, because again, I’m only here to protect Dora!”

The electricity was in full force now. Brooke flared her nostrils and exhaled heavily, dragging one foot back as she took a stance to charge the two guards. “If you don’t want to help me that’s fine, but stay outta my way!” 

She charged directly at the guards. (~Wild Charge~)

hqWiIfT.png

"The old man already told us. We don't need no looking after!"

Trevor sighed, shifting the two to keep them from falling, and slowed his movement. "Did...they really go up there?"

Against normal common sense, yes.

"He seems extra angry today..."

Well, that couldn't have been good. But helping meant having to climb all the way back up there again, and fighting Heatran would probably mean her costume getting scorched and burned all over the place, likely revealing the face beneath her hood. And nobody would be better off for that. It was probably best to just stay down here and help Trevor out if something else suddenly came up while everyone else was up there. So, Nani picked up the pace a bit, long enough to walk up along Trevor's side.

"What's his deal, anyway?" She hated to admit it, but Nani was pretty sure Alola's legends were the exception - not the rule - on being benevolent or not.

Deadlands Team Karaoke

Eventually it was time to rest up, as Lok could feel himself getting tired from the sheer amount of walking they did. As Gwen started gathering sticks to start a campfire, Lok lit up his hand with a small Hex, dimly lighting the area around him a bit. Lok turned to Nine as the campfire was set up, before turning to his Hex. Despite being fiery, he was pretty sure that his Hex wasn't able to light it up. He was sure he could figure out a way to light it up himself, but he was pretty sure Nine could easily do it himself.

Instead, he turned to Gwen, taking a seat on the air beneath him. He noticed that she was looking at Kayla, who was sitting at the brim of the light and looking at the sky. Lok frowned, hovering his way towards the girl. "So... everything ok?" He asked her, putting away the hex by clenching his fist.

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie was, quite frankly, baffled at the conclusion that Randy had come. She didn't really think fighting the man atop a volcano while it was about to erupt was going to stop the volcano from erupting. If anything, it was just going to make it erupt faster. However, she had come into it for the long hall, and so if they were going to die from magma, might as well be as a group. Once they reached the top, Marie seemed to be equally baffled, once again, as it had appeared that Randy's conclusion had been the correct one. Stunned by this, the girl just stood there as the fight began, only to get her senses back as Randy had pulled her out of the way the attack. 

As the two had gotten into a bit of a scuffle, the outcome of how this match was going to begin with was pretty clear. Marie was, however, sure that she couldn't get Randy out of this fight this early. She also couldn't really tell him to stop when stopping was going to end up blowing up the whole town. So, instead Marie had turned to Keanu, who was with them now which briefly took her a moment to realize before saying, "we gotta go help him." As Heatran had let loose a flamethrower, Marie herself took in a deep breath and fired off a jet of water towards the legend. 

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine simply chuckled as Lok had made his comment about tricksters, clearly offended by what he had said. All the same, the boy's attention turned to Gwen, who had seemed to have her reservations in trusting legends. Given the two's experiences, Nine was sure that they had met a total of eight legends - a fact that briefly made the Houndoom stop as he realized the absurdity of that - over the course of this past month. And of them all, he could only really think of one of them as unrepentant. There was also one other outlier, but as Nine thought of them all he said, "well, the lot of them certainly seem like just people." His tone didn't seem to be comforting nor even really directed at Gwen, more so just thinking aloud. 

Eventually, the group had stopped for the "night" - according to Gwen at least - and the Houndoom couldn't help but smile as the girl made her pattened style of humor in telling him to light a fire. With his kindling before, a few sparks left Nine's hand before he tapped it and set the kindling ablaze. "There you are madam," with a small mock "tada" gesture, Nine sat down with the rest of the group. Seeing that Kayla had left, he felt the urge to go talk to her, but didn't as Lok floated over. Instead, sliding closer to Gwen he said, "seems like the Chaser business follows us wherever we go." Nine's expression seem lighthearted as he said this, continuing with, "but, how was it to be home?"

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Oasis

"Yes I remember now, you're just as bold and rude as you were then, I do hope you weren't like this to that young man in Fryst. It has been such a long time since I've seen him. Always was a strange kid, but always one who wanted to keep people safe...what were we talking about again? Oh, yes, Landorus. I don't know where you might find him. I hear he rests under the ground most of the time." She stared into Taiga's face for a while and then said. "Now if you don't need me for anything. I have an old friend upstairs who I don't want to keep waiting. He's been away for such a long time so I'm sure you can imagine we have a lot to discuss." 

"Who's yer friend?"  Taiga said, as she started to follow the old Vibrava.  "If they're as old as you are, he might have the info we need!  Mind if we tag along and ask 'em?"  Taiga said with a toothy grin.  She gestured for the other two, who stood around lifelessly, to follow her lead.  "We'll just ask some questions and then we'll be outta yer hair lickity split!"  

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

"Kazo's not shaking! And if he is, he's just trying to hold back the urge to fight. He's not a hothead like some people,"

One second

Two seconds

Three se- "Hey!" Mac said, turning towards Ari. "You wanna go too, shrimpy?" Mac said, putting a hand out and placing it on top of Ari's head. "It'd be a good warm up before a real fight." She pouted at the boy and seemed to almost forget that Tornadus was standing there.

"I-I mean, judging from his name... he makes tornadoes... a-and you don't 'fight' something like that... a-at least not with a lot of collateral damage...A-and... I'm not shaking in my boots. I just... have a hard time with women...,"

"I AM pretty impressive, true." Tornadus said, flexing one of his mighty arms once again. "Hard time with women you say?" The legend grinned then swooped down at Kazo, putting an arm around the boy's shoulder. "That's no good. Women are one of the best parts of life. You're missing out kid. Why don't you tell me your troubles and I'll give you some advice." He flashed Kazo a thumbs up and shook the boy in what was probably meant to be a friendly manner.

Nearby Elsa rolled her eyes and threw up her arms. "Alright, just don't break anything." She said as she walked away.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, Merm Palace

"I guess it'd be too much to ask what the actual fuck is going on right now. Can't stop you now, sadly. Guess we'll just have to deal with this fallout,"

“If you don’t want to help me that’s fine, but stay outta my way!” 

The two soldiers seemed surprised to see the Emboar coming at them with an electric move. The Poliwrath stepped in front of the Starmie and held out her hands. She was pushed back by the attack and grunted in pain as the electric shock coursed through their body. However, with a pained noise, they managed to grab onto Brooke and Circle Throw her into the wall to the side. After being struck by the attack they seemed to be in a bad shape already, wobbling slightly as they advanced on Brooke.

The Starmie looked ready to attack as well but instead they were struck in the side of the head by Gisei's Crabhammer. This forced the Starmie's focus on Gisei. "You know you're no match for me." The man said without any hint of arrogance.

He then looked over towards Denku. "If you don't want to fight, get that door open, before more come."

-------

Easter's search was going slowly. There was a frustratingly high amount of doors in just this one hallway. Eventually, after looking into one that seemed to someone's room, and was filled with paintings of what looked like a Skitty Gijinka, a Kingdra Gijinka tapped him on the shoulder. "Miss? Er...you're....one of the king's guests right? I don't know if you should be here...er, are you looking for something?"

The Kingdra seemed to be strong but Easter couldn't sense any threatening feeling from him. Instead he just seemed a bit unsure and awkward.

Heatran kept the Flamethrower up, enveloping Randy in a flame so hot even the Fire type was feeling it, similarly to the heat of the volcano. They seemed intent on continuing the attack and forcing Randy off the edge and into the lava until they felt the sizzling pain of a water jet to the side.

Biting down and ending the Flamethrower the Heatran turned towards the other two who were now joining in the fight. They fired of another Lava Plume, this time directed towards Marie and Keanu, then started towards Marie. They were moving in a stomping manner, growling all the way, and every step created a small shockwave as they bulldozed through the lava itself heading for the Brionne girl.

-----

"What's his deal, anyway?"

"It's....complicated." Trevor said with a sigh. Nani noticed that, even though they traveled right past the edge of the on-going fighting, no one seemed to come to disrupt them.

"You see...that volcano is, uh, important. I don't know how it...works, really, but it provides....life energy, to the ground...a-all of the ground. Not just here. Erm...without its energy, crops don't grow well, and...and such."

Trevor coughed awkwardly. "And uh, Heatran protects it and...well...if no one fights him for too long, the volcano sorta...overflows with energy and....erupts. Its been a while since someone went up there...last person got pretty badly hurt so uh...I guess they're nervous..." Trevor finished, not looking at Nani.

When they got near the house he stopped suddenly.

Looking over to the house Nani would see a young Tyranitar girl leaning against the wall next to the door. "Yo. Long time no see." She said.

The two girls squirmed out of Trevor's grip and started running towards her "Sis is here! Sis is here!" They chanted.

"So... everything ok?"

Kayla froze up as Lok approached her. She muttered something far too quietly for him to hear. Then, perhaps realizing he didn't hear, and wasn't going to just walk away. "That man. He saw me." She hesitated. "People don't...see me, if I don't want them to." She said. "He shouldn't have found me....but he did...." She stopped herself, turned suddenly towards Lok, and stared at him. "This place...these....you people, are not...not what you seem." She said, trembling a bit, looking almost frightened.

---

"but, how was it to be home?"

Gwen bit her lip. "It's...it's fine. No, it's good. Yeah, it's good to be back. I used to spend so much time with them all I've gotten used to them being around. It's been so long though, and things...change." She looked into the flames, rubbing some locks of hair between her fingers, for some time. "Hey Nine, do you believe in destiny?"

"We'll just ask some questions and then we'll be outta yer hair lickity split!"  

The old woman hesitated. She looked back at Taiga, staring at her intently. Then she looked over at Scarlet, who was fanning Isole with her wings, and Isole herself, who seemed to be relaxing back into some semblance of her usual self.

"I suppose I never told him I wouldn't bring up any guests." She said to herself. "Well, come on then, that geezer might as well learn to be less of a hermit."

She led them up the stairs and passed by each and every door. Instead she stopped by a blank spot in the wall and, grabbing at it, slide open a hidden doorway and gestured the group to follow her inside.

Sitting, on the floor in front of a small round table where a half eaten pie was placed, was a very large, orange, very powerful looking man.

"Well." The man said. And they each would feel the voice vibrate within their bodies. "What do we have here?"

8GrkkS0.png

"Hey!" Mac said, turning towards Ari. "You wanna go too, shrimpy?" Mac said, putting a hand out and placing it on top of Ari's head. "It'd be a good warm up before a real fight." She pouted at the boy.

"See, it's just that attitude that gets you into trouble," the Litleo shook his head sagely. Did I sound kingly just then?

"I-I mean, I'm not... really wanting to fight per se?" Kazo commented. "I-I mean, judging from his name... he makes tornadoes... a-and you don't 'fight' something like that... a-at least not with a lot of collateral damage... A-and... I'm not shaking in my boots. I just..." Ari didn't catch the last few words, but that was fine. He already knew that Kazo was, unlike Mac, a lot smarter and wiser and nicer. And if he didn't want to battle Tornadus, then it probably wasn't a good idea.

"I AM pretty impressive, true." Tornadus said, flexing one of his mighty arms once again. "Hard time with women you say?" The legend grinned then swooped down at Kazo, putting an arm around the boy's shoulder. "That's no good. Women are one of the best parts of life. You're missing out kid. Why don't you tell me your troubles and I'll give you some advice." He flashed Kazo a thumbs up and shook the boy in what was probably meant to be a friendly manner.

"Women? Yuck," Ari gagged. "Why would you want advice for that?" he wrinkled his nose in disgust.

--

m0FODxE.png

Easter almost felt like giving up with the number of doors there were. Almost. He wasn't going to leave Dora behind. He just knew Brooke would have something to say about that to him, and she wouldn't be saying it with words, oh no. It'd be her fist meeting his face. Not to mention, he was getting to be a little fond of the brat too. Fond enough he'd be looking even without Brooke's added incentive.

Eventually, after looking into one that seemed to someone's room, and was filled with paintings of what looked like a Skitty Gijinka, a Kingdra Gijinka tapped him on the shoulder. "Miss? Er...you're....one of the king's guests right? I don't know if you should be here...er, are you looking for something?" The Kingdra seemed to be strong but Easter couldn't sense any threatening feeling from him. Instead he just seemed a bit unsure and awkward. Still, he was a dragon type. His eyes lit up briefly, then flickered out when he remembered he didn't exactly have time to be picking fights with random citizens of Merm. Remember the plan, the plan. Dragons aren't involved in that plan.

Sighing internally, the fairy type sent a coquettish smile toward the man. "Eheh..." he chuckled in embarrassment. "I seem to be a little lost... Sorry, is this your room?" Interesting taste he has here...well, I can use that if so. He batted his eyes innocently as he giggled, "I'm so silly. Well, you see, I was looking for my friend Dora, is all. Have you seen her anywhere, sir?"

--

UmBSVSF.png

Randy explained the situation as they climbed, and soon they made it to the top. Must have just missed Nani and the others, then, Keanu thought. Things soon heated up when the legendary, Heatran, started a fight with Randy. Marie joined in, and then things escalated from there. Now, there was a large plume of lava shooting up for the sky and looking like it'd land on him and Marie in a large spread. Sighing, the Pikachu closed his eyes.

"In the background comes a splash, the distant sound of the sea.

A soft sound. A quiet sound. The kind of sound that you can dream to, a lullaby that washes over you.

As you listen, the sound gets louder, the gentle croon growing into a shout, and then a roar, a cacophonous wave of sound that threatens to deafen you.

And before you know it, you are hit by the wave, spinning around with no knowledge of what is up or down, left or right, nothing but the endless surge of water and foam. You are submerged, and you realize, with a sudden clarity of thought, that you are drowning.

Then the wave ends, and you are left gasping for breath on the beach, hands fisting in the sand as you watch what could have been the instrument of your death slide, almost shyly, back to sea, the sound ebbing down to its former murmur, a quiet sound, a lullaby.

That is Surf."

He opened his eyes, and rode the tide.

hqWiIfT.png

Nani... didn't really get Trevor's explanation of what the big deal was with the volcano. The words he said made sense, but as a concept, it just didn't click. Adarid really was a weird place. Not a region she'd recommend to avid tourists unless they liked weird stuff. As she and the group she was currently with got up to Trevor's house, though, a familiar face showed herself.

"Yo. Long time no see."

Well, that's not a good sign.

Although... Allie hadn't actually seen Nani, had she? Until the encounter with Yveltal, Nani had been pretty good about hiding away in the shadows where nobody would see her. Yeah. She could work her way through this no problem, especially if she was able to keep Allie here long enough for Heatran to be satisfied and return to the inside of the volcano. "Hiiiii~," she casually greeted, after a bit of hesitation to figure out just how to do this. Eyeing Allie's features up and down, she continued "Nice to meet you. I don't think we've met before. Sorry if I'm eyeing you a bit; I haven't met a lot of Tyranitars before, and I keep hearing all sorts of amazing things about them. You must be the sister of these two, right?"

Come on Nani, that one was obvious. The kids even called her sis.

Edited by Yui

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Oasis

"I suppose I never told him I wouldn't bring up any guests." She said to herself. "Well, come on then, that geezer might as well learn to be less of a hermit."

Taiga smiled as she was led up the stairs.  When she entered the room, she saluted whoever she encountered.  

"Sorry fer intrudin'!  We just wanna ask ya some questions!"  

"Well." The man said. As he spoke, his very voice rattled every bone in Taiga's body. "What do we have here?"

Her memory was hazy, but this man's unique appearance finally triggered her synapses into remembering.  This man looked like the dead legend they found in the wake of destruction in Deku.  Her eyes widened as she realized that this guy was exactly who they were looking for.  However, a sinking feeling hit her stomach...did this guy know that the other legend was dead?  They looked similar...were they related?  Her mouth hung wide for quite some time, but she managed to find her strength to speak again.  She sat across from the half eaten pie, and looked at the Legend, her eyes quivering as she did.  She cleared her throat.

"You're Landorus right?  We've been sent to recruit 'em for an army Rayquaza's building.  And you sure don't look like any Gijinka I ever seen...cept..."  Her eyes looked to the side.  "Well...he looked like you...but he was blue...and he was kinda..."  Taiga took a deep breath, before looking at Landorus again, her eyes focused this time.  "He was dead."  The excess air that she had breathed in expunged itself after that, as if she had been punched in the stomach.  Nervously, she started again.  "But it wasn't us...I imagine it was the work of a godslayer round those parts...probably that Crobat...I ain't sure."  She bowed her head before the man.  "I'm sorry fer yer loss!"

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine smiled, only to have his own expression grow more somber as Gwen's tone did. As the two simply sat there in silence by the fire, Nine perked up at the woman's question. "Destiny huh?" The young Houndoom placed his hands onto the ground, as he threw his head back and looked to the sky above. After thinking on it for a moment, without looking back to the woman, the chaser said, "not really no. We're all individuals and all making choices, and I can't possibly think that everything I've ever wanted to or ever will do was preordained. Not even the gods themselves seem like they're that rigid in following a set plan." Leaning back forward, he looked back to the girl asking, "so, what about you?"

DcxYSU0.png?1

"Aaaaaaaah!" Marie shouted out as yet another giant glob of lava was shot at her. This one, she didn't have the benefit of being lobbed out of the way by Randy. She did, however, have the benefit of a Pikachu that was quite the surfer. As a wave was conjured up, it collided with the lava plume, the water destroying the plume. The wave as well, had managed to take the girl in its current as well, though Marie found herself having a much easier time moving through the large wave of water than she likely would have the hot stone of the volcano flooring. Riding the wave alongside Keanu, the girl managed to evade the stomping shockwaves of the Heatran, striking back with a water gun of her own. 

Edited by Skaia

Deadlands Team Karaoke

Kayle looked like she had seen a ghost when she turned to Lok. "That man. He saw me." She hesitated. "People don't... see me, if I don't want them to. He shouldn't have found me... but he did...." She  turned suddenly towards Lok, causing him to jump back a bit. "This place... these... you people, are not... not what you seem." She seemed absolutely terrified of him at the moment, causing Lok to feel bad.

"Yeah... The Enforcer can be a bit intimidating..." He said, rubbing the back of his head. "...and powerful... but he means well. Just like the rest of us." He extended an arm towards the girl, smiling. "Sure we might be a bit spooky, but that comes with the whole ghost territory. We have a keen eye for trickery!" He said with a wink. "Sometimes a bit too keen if you ask me..." He muttered under his breath, before turning his attention back to the girl. "Try not to look so pale - you look like you've seen a ghost." He said, nervously chuckling a bit.

Oasis Team Showdown

Scarlet look on intensely as Taiga talked to the old lady. Eventually, it seemed like she was able to convince her to take them to Landorus. Surprisingly, he seemed to be just up the stairs of the very same building they were in. "C'mon Isole, let's get going." She said, her wings slowing down as she gestured Isole to follow her.

When they entered the room, they were greeted by a large, orange man who Scarlet could only assume was Landorus. The man, notably, bared resemblance to another. Scarlet noticed almost immediately, his features being similar to the legend they found dead. When they met her. Scarlet grit her teeth, watching as Taiga started talking to him. She remembered Veronica telling them that Thundurus had caused the chaos back at Deku. Had she lied about that too?

She turned back to Landorus, Taiga now bowing before the man. She cleared her throat. "I... don't know exactly what your relationship with Thundurus was but..." She kneeled down over one knee, bowing her head. "Whatever it was, you have my condolences." She picked herself up, brushing some of her hair out of her face. "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Scarlet." She said, extending her arm out. "My friend here is Taiga, and back there is Isole." She said, nudging her head towards the girl.

"I AM pretty impressive, true." Tornadus flexed for the group. "Hard time with women you say?" The legend grinned then swooped down at Kazo, putting an arm around the boy's shoulder, causing Kazo to blink. "That's no good. Women are one of the best parts of life. You're missing out kid. Why don't you tell me your troubles and I'll give you some advice." He flashed Kazo a thumbs up and shook the boy in what was probably meant to be a friendly manner.

"Women? Yuck," Ari gagged. "Why would you want advice for that?" he wrinkled his nose in disgust. Kazo could think of many reasons why

"I-I... well...," Kazo looked at the ground, kicking at the dirt. "It's... w-well... I-I... u-um... w-well... h-help might be nice, b-but I think I sh-should figure out how my group is going to s-survive fights against G-godslayers f-first... I can work o-on it a-after we don't die, y-you know?" He hoped that would get a subject change to literally anything but him. He was feeling uncomfortable with all this spotlight on him.

“What’s going on?” she snarled. “The same thing as always. I’m trying my best to protect Dora!  This last month I’ve done nothing but try to protect Dora! Fighting monsters, sailing across the sea, traveling to this damned underwater kingdom; it was all for her sake! So don’t you dare act surprised when I mess up this stupid quest from these fucking legends to try and help her, because again, I’m only here to protect Dora! If you don’t want to help me that’s fine, but stay outta my way!” 

"If you don't want to fight, get that door open, before more come." The prisoner called out. Denku clenched his fists before he rushed over to the door, his hands glowing with Dark Pulse energy as he slammed it against the door.

"Helping Dora?!" He yelled out as he continued to pound on the door with both fists. The door was heavy, trying to refuse to budge, but Denku could feel it was very slowly losing the battle. "Assaulting the guards that weren't going to impede us or hurt us in any way was going to help Dora? Trying to stage a prison break in broad daylight while we're nowhere near Dora, and now making the return journey to her a living hell is helping Dora." His voice rang out over the sounds of his fists smashing into the door. He needed to speed this up... He began to summon rock slides to smash against the door in tandem with his punching. "Couldn't wait until night time when this would all be easier, oh no, you had to do this now and make everyone's life hell to help Dora. I'm so sorry that I can't see how this is helping her at all!!"

With those final words, the door had finally broken open. Denku panted, his knuckles bleeding some. This couldn't be good for his heart. Why was every person he ever ran into trying to send him to an earlier grave?

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy had to admit...he hadn't felt a strong heat from another Fire-Type before, well...being on the receiving end of the strong heat anyway. It was obvious though. Heatran was the Legend from a literal volcano, so it was a given that his fire power was to end up feeling like such. Luckily, he felt the Flamethrower finally stop as Marie entered the fray with an Aqua Jet.

"H-Heh...mahalo..." he simply groaned, nodding at Marie, making sure he didn't fall off into the lava. He got close...so very close. Moments like these...are the times I wish I could actually learn a Water-Type move...would be INCREDIBLY helpful.

Unfortunately, the Incineroar noticed that Heatran had fired off another Lava Plume and was immediately stomping on the ground...greatly. And the Legend had it's sights directed towards Marie. He growled slightly and was about to stop it, but noticed Keanu using Surf, riding the wave and it having swept up Marie into it as well and it even benefiting her to where she avoided the Heatran.

Yeah...Water moves would definitely be helpful. he smirked, shaking his head as he fired another Fire Blast at Heatran, just to get his attention. "OI! I'm over here! So don't even think about ignoring me like that!"

Brooke hit the wall hard enough the concrete exploded. She grit her teeth and spit out a mouthful of dust while the Poliwrath stomped toward her, blood boiling the more she listened to Denk rant. A familiar aura of red surrounded her and she tore herself free from the wall. Poliwrath grabbed onto her arm to try and throw her but Brooke dug her heels in and reversed the attack, picking the Water-type up by her arm and slamming her into the ground. 

“You think they weren’t going to try and stop us tonight?” she screamed across the room. “Really?! They would be stationed outside our bedrooms and ordered to not let us leave! Unless you’re so unbelievably dense that you haven’t realized it, the King doesn’t want us here! He’s got Dora and now he wants all the rest of us to exit stage left as fast as we can!” 

Poliwrath, struggling, raised an arm and launched a barrage of bubbles at Brooke. Flames erupted from all around the Emboar, bright blue, evaporating the bubbles on contact and scorching the walls and the floor around her. Susanoo of the Flame: Partial Body - Belly Bunker! The move she had learned while on the S.S. Showdown, defensive and capable of blocking most ranged attacks, though it did hurt burn her slightly. “So yeah, all of this is to help Dora! It may not be the best plan but I’m sure as hell not getting lectured by the guy whose plan to find his brother is to fucking wander aimlessly!” Her voice had been changed by the presence of Susanoo. It rumbled out from inside the flames, echoed by the voices of a hundred generation of warriors past, her own barely discernible from within. 

The flames faded. Brooke was breathing heavily, her skin bright red, but she had more than enough fight left in her. “Everywhere we’ve gone, we’ve done nothing but run and react. Everywhere. But not this time. For better or worse, I’m done running. I’m done being on the backfoot.” Flames licked up her heels, these ones softer and orange in color. “I don’t know what’s going on here but my gut says something isn’t right, and the last time I ignored that my shop went down in flames with the rest of Deku. I won’t let it happen again, not without a fight.”

She ran at the Poliwrath with a Flame Charge. She hoped this would be enough to put them down; she didn't want to hurt them, just incapictate them.

Edited by Cheshire Toon

“You think they weren’t going to try and stop us tonight?” she screamed across the room. “Really?! They would be stationed outside our bedrooms and ordered to not let us leave! Unless you’re so unbelievably dense that you haven’t realized it, the King doesn’t want us here! He’s got Dora and now he wants all the rest of us to exit stage left as fast as we can!”

He couldn't believe how dense she thought he was, nor how weak they were.

“So yeah, all of this is to help Dora! It may not be the best plan but I’m sure as hell not getting lectured by the guy whose plan to find his brother is to fucking wander aimlessly!” That... okay that stung. She had a point and he couldn't counteract it. “Everywhere we’ve gone, we’ve done nothing but run and react. Everywhere. But not this time. For better or worse, I’m done running. I’m done being on the backfoot.” Denku had only been with their team for a little bit, but he thought he was pretty proactive in the last town they were in. Then again, it was only him that was, so...  “I don’t know what’s going on here but my gut says something isn’t right, and the last time I ignored that my shop went down in flames with the rest of Deku. I won’t let it happen again, not without a fight.”

"Of course something isn't right here, it's all very wrong. I'm just not one to trust 'gut feelings' any more. Last time I did, it caused the downfall of an entire kingdom and hundreds of innocent people died. All over a damned 'gut feeling'. I'm also all for breaking this guy out of jail, but when it's harder for the kingdom to organize a counterattack against us. I think the three of us could have overpowered our own guard. But you know what? You're right. We don't know if we'd even make it to the night in this kingdom," The king might have had them thrown out before the sun fell. "I won't hold you back any more. We'll get you and Dora outta here. No point to keep you two wrapped up in this Legendaries business," He gritted his teeth and started to walk down the hall. "I'll make sure there's nothing in this hall," There might have been more guards or traps or something. All he knew was that it was more of the jail area.

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

"Why would you want advice for that?"

"Yeah, he gets distracted by girls way too often as it is." Mac said. "He shouldn't be so worried about them and just focus on fighting."

"It's... w-well... I-I... u-um... w-well... h-help might be nice, b-but I think I sh-should figure out how my group is going to s-survive fights against G-godslayers f-first... I can work o-on it a-after we don't die, y-you know?"

"Yeah, see? He's finally learning what's important so don't go distracting him." Mac said, waving a finger at Tornadus.

The Legend howled with laughter. "Oh is that so? Well let me tell you kids something. You'll all have to learn about romance sooner or later. It's what makes life worth living! Just look around at how happy it makes everyone!"

Then he shrugged. "Everyone's so worried about this Godslayer business. Don't get it myself. They'll run into the wrong Legend soon enough and get taken down. Maybe they caught us by surprise but that's over now. Just look at me." He spread his arms wide "Do you really think someone could take me down?"

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, Merm Palace

"I'm so silly. Well, you see, I was looking for my friend Dora, is all. Have you seen her anywhere, sir?"

"My room?" The Kingdra said, glancing in. His eyes focused on the paintings and he shook his head adamantly. "No, of course not, that's uh...that's someone else's room. A Wailord I know, yeah, just was wondering why you were here...a-anyway, let's forget about that alright? The Princess is with the Queen right now. Her mother, that is." The Kingdra's expression saddened. "Poor girl." He said solemnly.

---

The Poliwrath was barely able to see straight as Brooke made her charge. She threw her hands up in front of her and launched a Bubblebeam at Brooke. Regardless of the damage done to Brooke by this it wasn't fast enough to stop the charge and the guard was slammed into the wall once more. This time sliding down to the floor, unconscious.

Meanwhile Gisei was holding a foot onto the Starmie, who was still struggling, with his launcher pointed at them. "It's over." He said.

"Is it, now?" A low, angry, voice sounded. The King of Merm stepped into view, flanked by a pair of Corpish guards. "It would appear my lack of trust for land dwellers was well founded. Tell me, did you plan on using my daughter to break into here or was that just a bonus?"

---

The area past the door looked to be some sort of rocky tunnel. There were lights, coming from some kind of shining coral, along the sides as he went along it. A couple minutes of walking would bring him to a shallow pool of water. Where a child lay floating lazily across the water.

"OI! I'm over here! So don't even think about ignoring me like that!"

Heatran had, indeed, been watching the rising water with a scowl on his face. He glanced over at Randy as the Fire Blast struck his body and he absorbed the flames. "I don't think you're strong enough to get my full attention. But if you want some you can have it!" He raised an arm and it erupted into flames, his skin itself covered in fire, before a Flamethrower, larger than the one before, blasted out at Randy.

Marie's Water Gun struck him for the second time and he winced as it sizzled against the side of his face. "Enough of that!" He roared and, crouching down, leapt up towards the two while they stood atop the Surf. He was aiming his body for Keanu and brought his head back to deliver and Iron Head onto the Electric type as they got closer.

---

"Nice to meet you. I don't think we've met before. Sorry if I'm eyeing you a bit; I haven't met a lot of Tyranitars before, and I keep hearing all sorts of amazing things about them. You must be the sister of these two, right?"

Allie raised her eyebrow at the girl. "And who are you? You some kind of foreigner? I met a few of those a while back you know, you one of them?" She said. The tone seemed to be trying for friendly but there was a clear sharpness to it as well.

"Yeah, these brats are my sisters. Causing you some trouble I see, Trevor."

Trevor nodded, slowly. "Suppose so...Welcome back."

"We were gonna beat up Heatran for you." One of the girls said, causing Allie to laugh.

"Well that woulda been great. I actually am planning on going over there and taking him on. I've gotten a lot stronger. I think I can take him this time. You wanna come with, Trevor, it'd be a lot easier with you next to me."

Trevor shook his head. "That's...not..." He muttered, blushing bashfully. "I couldn't do that." he finished.

She shrugged. "Well, more glory for me I guess." She eyed Nani. "What about you?"

Landorus frowned at the two who were standing before him. He rolled his shoulders and pushed himself up, standing at his full eight feet. "My younger brother, both of them honestly, were idiots." He declared bluntly. "They both were carefree and the world has a habit of punishing that." He placed his fists on his hips. "Thank you for your words but it's not necessary. I grieve his loss but he knew the risks he took putting himself in the open like that."

The man waved his hand around. "I had to hide myself when I woke up to avoid the same fate. After years of slumber this is the world I wake to." He shook his head. "Rayquaza must be getting desperate. I knew leaving him in charge when Arceus left was too much for the boy." He narrowed his eyes and leaned down towards the two. "You both feel like warriors. I can sense the urge to battle inside of you. What is it you want from me exactly? Not what he wants, but you."

"not really no. We're all individuals and all making choices, and I can't possibly think that everything I've ever wanted to or ever will do was preordained. Not even the gods themselves seem like they're that rigid in following a set plan."

"Maybe we just can't see their plan." Gwen responded. She poked at the fire with a twig. Looking, without really seeing, as the small stick ignited as well. "I think...that there's a task for each of us. Something we're meant to do." She frowned. "I don't mean it's one's entire life. But there's something we were born to do in the world. Maybe you do it at a young age and you're free of the task. Maybe you won't get to it until your twilight years. But it's something that you're meant to do." She looked over at Nine. "If you found out what your task was...what would you do?"

--

"Try not to look so pale - you look like you've seen a ghost."

Kayla looked at him blankly, clearly not having gotten the joke. "Where I come from...not Juyu, before then, most people were liars or thieves. You learned...to...know when something wasn't right. This...task, doesn't feel right." She shuffled a few feet away from Lok. "I don't know what will happen once we complete it. I don't know if you know, or, if you think you know, or if you don't have any idea either. But you know something...don't you?"

She shook a bit as she finished talking, not used to direct confrontation, and kept her gaze off to the side.