Suzu

Yagate Kimi ni Naru/Bloom Into You

Yuu has always loved shoujo manga and awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes, and yet when a junior high classmate confesses his feelings to her...she feels nothing. Disappointed and confused, Yuu enters high school still unsure how to respond. That's when Yuu sees the beautiful student council president Nanami turn down a suitor with such maturity that she's inspired to ask her for help. But when the next person to confess to Yuu is Nanami herself. Has her shoujo romance finally begun?

The best part of the manga and anime are Yuu's expressions and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Anyway, one of my favorites. It handles the romance really tactfully while making it fun. The pacing is also incredible (unless they stumble now) and I appreciate how there's not the typical "clearly villainous love rival" plot in it.

Which character(s) are your favorite in the series so far? I like Yuu the most personally, but Koyomi's also great.

38 minutes ago, Suzu said:

Which character(s) are your favorite in the series so far? I like Yuu the most personally, but Koyomi's also great.

Sayaka is the greatest to me. She's so tragic yet so strong, I really love her as a character.

Yuu is what draws me in but Sayaka is my favorite. She's a powerful character, so much charm and elegance and nuance in her expressions.

I mostly like the story because of how logical everything is though, like a well-structured essay.

My friend told me I should just check out the manga since the anime's fine, but it's the superior iteration. Curious how people here feel between the two; I think this is one of the few high-profile anime from 2018 I hadn't checked out.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:06 AM, Fusion said:

My friend told me I should just check out the manga since the anime's fine, but it's the superior iteration. Curious how people here feel between the two; I think this is one of the few high-profile anime from 2018 I hadn't checked out.

The manga is overall imo better BUT the anime captures it almost perfectly and has an added bonus of animation and music that really fits the scenes. Anime is legit top 5 anime for me. So if you like this kind of show/manga then definitely check it out.

Also Yuu is easily my favorite.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:06 AM, Fusion said:

I would be inclined to agree, though I haven't read the manga yet. I was really liking this for the first half, but then I felt it going through the motions of what had to be done before the end of the show (more so than any other anime I've watched recently, and that early on too). Yes, I realize I'm probably too late, but had I not unknowingly got too busy, I would have been perfectly up to date and finished by the time this tread popped up.

Now I just want to post my thoughts on the final episode so 

Spoiler

Not even following through with the whole arc. What? I'm pretty much thinking the manga won't feel quite as much like that, depending on how much was adapted, but it probably won't. I hope.

Ever since that one obvious moment where I swear Yuu figured out she loves Nanami-senpai (I saw that blush not long after! but that wasn't the biggest tell, it was the generic anime gust of wind thing), every little couple-like thing causes me to cringe because I'm scared she'll slip up and reveal herself so Nanami-senpai won't like her anymore, and I was hoping the play would cause Nanami-senpai to like herself more so it wouldn't be such an issue. Wrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-but I guess I'm dumb/Yuu is just too good an actor anyways.

There is some consolidation, because I didn't expect Yuu to just randomly spring some ad-lib on during practice, rather than mention it was still a work in progress beforehand (which there wasn't really enough time for. If nothing else, they still paced it superbly). Those extra lines from her may have already been what I wanted out of it, but it doesn't feel like closure at aaaaaaall. 

Also, Yuu is absolutely the best thing since sliced pizza.