Kay Faraday

henlo i'm answering questions now

2 hours ago, Cibryll said:

Who are your top twenty favourite characters?

okay this one is gonna take me some time! I have five already put down on paper, I need another fifteen, I might do them in groups of five even! 

In the meantime, I'll give a cheating answer, the first three PC characters designed for my original Danganronpa RP attempt are extremely interesting to me.

Hinoka was a perfect way to have someone to try and tie the cast together. Coming from a large family, she was a perfect candidate for that kind of role. In fact, the first thing she really did was provide everyone a personal little carving... And fun fact: One of those carvings was going to be the very first murder weapon in the RP! I can't help but wonder how she would have reacted to having one of her crafts used for murder.

Kai was a very easy going guy, which I think would make his reactions to the constant paranoia of the environment very interesting. He makes me think of a character from the first game, except less of an asshole.

Xander was... I didn't get a good read on Xander. Quiet and keeping to himself, but with the potential to be loud and speak up? That was going to go very interesting with one of the NPC characters, one who was very loud, very forward, very commanding. I was excited to see how those two interacted.

In fact, if any of those three see this, I actually had the first motive for each of your characters written down. I might have to dig it up if any of you are interested and see this.

Now... The first five non-RP characters!

Spoiler

Ralsei – Deltarune: Although this world is faded to black… I dunno. Ralsei is a very comforting character and the talk about him becoming a villain would make me sad. I appreciate the growth he had between chapters where he recognized that sometimes, you can’t negotiate peacefully. He’s a very simple character but one that I really like.

Kay Faraday – Ace Attorney Investigations 1&2: My current avatar, the Great Truth Burglar! This is a weird one to explain. Something about characters that are devoted to a cause is important to me, especially for a cause like the Truth in the Ace Attorney games. The series often likes to talk about the court system and its flaws, but the way it touches on vigilante justice is really underrated to me. Kay is devoted to finding the truth of incidents and is more than happy to do it however she sees fit, but her reason for doing it is to create a world where the court systems are effective enough to where she isn’t needed in the first place.

Gin Ibushi – Your Turn to Die: Cat goes meow. YTTD is a death game, and the idea to throwing a child into it was a bold choice on the developer’s part, but Gin has been very fun to have in the game. He’s probably one of the best representations of a neurodivergent character, especially a child. He’s even had chances to shine on finding important things for the plot, rather than just being treated as an empty slot.

Nacho Varga – Better Call Saul: I won’t go into too much detail here cause with the final season still airing, there are people who might be catching up and watching the show, but I really enjoyed his character and he added to the show in a way that was especially needed.

Michiru Kagemori – Brand New Animal: I really liked Brand New Animal, and the biggest reason for that is cause of the main character and her relationship with another character that gets introduced around the halfway mark, but… Especially because of Michiru. I’ll keep spoilers to a minimum, but the main focus of her arc is trying to figure out who she is, who she’s supposed to be, and if that’s okay in the end. And that’s just something I relate to a lot for personal reasons that I don’t want to go into. Plus I’ve always been a fan of tanuki types, just a character I relate to a lot.

Once I finish all twenty, I'll probably put them in order from least to most favorite.

1 hour ago, LordCowCow said:

What've you been up to while in the void that is "not around"?

Honestly, kinda nothing great. Trying to survive more than anything, which has mixed results. Basically between that and trying to make time to spend with people I care about, I don't do much interesting, a friend has me playing Valheim with them and Psychonaughts for their amusement though, so that's been fun!

Part of me considered trying to RP again, but I worry I would just be kinda spotty all over again.

22 minutes ago, (E=mc²) said:

If you can truly find anything why haven't you found any bitches

I'm in a happy relationship, thank you! And I know the place you can meet all the bitches you want! (Your Mileage May Vary.)

I am in no need of bitches either.

Also you should RP again, being spotty is part of the culture.

1 hour ago, (E=mc²) said:

keep telling yourself that

Anyway, anything upcoming you're particularly excited about?

1 hour ago, (E=mc²) said:

Time to revive Danganronpa 🙂

I'll keep an eye out for anything to catch my interest, we'll see what happens! It just kinda depends on anything cool gets put out soon.

14 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

keep telling yourself that

Anyway, anything upcoming you're particularly excited about?

I wish. :<

I guess there's the rest of Better Call Saul's final season, my friend and are I awaiting that one with very baited breath. Along with the next season of Re:Zero, we've got things to watch. Games though... I'm not sure?

I wanna be excited for the new Pokemon games, but I got kinda burned with Sword and Shield. Arceus was cool though, so I guess I'm just gonna wait a bit and see how the reviews go.

Kinda same with Three Hopes, actually? Age of Calamity was fun, but I didn't love the plot turn and while I don't mind alternative universe type stories, execution of those can be really hard to do well.

4 hours ago, Kay Faraday said:

I'll keep an eye out for anything to catch my interest, we'll see what happens! It just kinda depends on anything cool gets put out soon.🙂

👉😎👉

On 5/27/2022 at 5:53 PM, Cibryll said:

Who are your top twenty favourite characters?

Another! ...Only four this time though. I'm tired.

Spoiler

Grovyle – Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorer’s of Sky: So I might be attracted to a certain type of character. Quick, thieving types are my weak point in a lot of media, especially the ones doing it for good reasons. Obviously Grovyle falls under that list for me.

Bowser – Mario: I just really like Bowser, he’s a good dad and he does all kinds of funny shit. Plus I stand by Bowser’s Inside Story being the best Mario game in general, so that might be a hot take, IDK.

Kana – Fire Emblem Fates: I really relate to characters that have to deal with loneliness, and even though I didn’t super love Fates I did like a few of the characters in the game. Especially Kana. I don’t have a ton to say about this one cause they only really touch on the aspects about them that I like briefly, but when they do, I really liked it.

Boromir – Lord of the Rings: Okay so this is not a hot take, I know there is a good number of people who agree with me on this, but it’s impressive the willpower Boromir had to resist the call of the ring as long as he did. The whole point of it is that it corrupts everyone at some point, so the fact that he held off while traveling with the group, despite being in a desperate position with Gondor is impressive to me. Even when he falls to the temptation, he repents immediately afterwords. I guess we don’t know how sincere that was, since he doesn’t go on much longer after it, but still.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:37 AM, (o ×) said:

👉😎👉

Menacing.

Edited by Kay Faraday

Have you heard of the critically-acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV with an expanded free trial featuring the entire base game and the award-winning Heavensward expansion pack with no restrictions on playtime up to level 60?

On 6/10/2022 at 8:09 PM, yui said:

Have you heard of the critically-acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV with an expanded free trial featuring the entire base game and the award-winning Heavensward expansion pack with no restrictions on playtime up to level 60?

I have!

But... I'm also not a huge MMO bird. Usually at least, maybe sometime.

Also more characters.

Spoiler

Monika - Doki Doki Literature Club: She's not actually my favorite character in that game, but you know what? I think she is at the same time. It's such an interest concept to see the medium explore and boy, I'm a sucker for how it was handled in then end. I had to decide between her and Natsuki, but in the end, I think Monika edges out the win on favorite character.

Penny - Stardew Valley: Boy, I'm back on my shit. I've been binging Stardew Valley again, it happens every couple of months, and I forgot just how much I related to Penny. Trapped in a place I hate, parent with an unhealthy coping mechanism, just kinda rough. It's weird to include Stardew here kinda, but it has some solid characters so I'm counting it.

jerma985 - jerma985: Boy I'm glad this psycho isn't real.

BIG OWL HOUSE SPOILERS AHEAD (This means you Blake, don't open)

Spoiler

The Collector - The Owl House: Just like Emperor Belos is a dark foil for Stanford Pines, The Collector is a foil for Bill Cipher and boy, is this character entirely up my alley. I'm gonna ramble at Blake at some point once they get caught up cause ho-boy, I love the infantile God trope and the way this character has been shown so far is so fucking well done.

3 hours ago, Kay Faraday said:

I have!

But... I'm also not a huge MMO bird. Usually at least, maybe sometime.

Also more characters.

Reveal hidden contents

why haven't you joined the the RP yet I ominously alluded to it and everything 

26 minutes ago, (o ×) said:

why haven't you joined the the RP yet I ominously alluded to it and everything 

making character + joining discord + talking

18 minutes ago, Kay Faraday said:

I genuinely do not understand this response 

23 minutes ago, Kay Faraday said:

+L + ratio?

sorry

anyway, favorite type of power in media? Just in general

15 hours ago, (o ×) said:

I genuinely do not understand this response 

I considered joining but I'm also really bad about interacting with people... And I have very few character ideas to add onto that, so I dunno if right now there'll be anything from me for it.

15 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

+L + ratio?

sorry

anyway, favorite type of power in media? Just in general

exactly

Uhhh, honestly it varies. Shapeshifting is cool, very flexible, there's also something about characters who can just alter reality with something as simple as a touch of their hand that I enjoy, it leads to some really, really creative visuals and I love that sorta thing in animation.