On 12/7/2020 at 12:29 AM, LordCowCow said:

Fruits or vegetables?

Generally speaking, fruit.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:22 PM, LordCowCow said:

Which basic lands have the best overall art

Probably mountains. John Avon has some genuine masterpieces.

6 minutes ago, worK said:

favourite cereal

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, easy.

Honorary mention goes to froot loops.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:15 AM, Thar said:

favorite theme in MtG, aesthetic-wise and/or playstyle-wise

Honestly I'm so deep that it's hard to say a favorite, but I think it would be storm and all the bullshit it entails. Why cast one spell when many spell do trick?

Edited by (‽)

what's your opinion on certain takes on the incredible hulk (such as in the mcu) where he's big green man but still retains his full cool/rationality?

16 hours ago, yui said:

what's your opinion on certain takes on the incredible hulk (such as in the mcu) where he's big green man but still retains his full cool/rationality?

I think professor hulk was handled mostly well in the MCU.

Could have stood to have more meaningful foreshadowing than literally one line during infinity war's climax. I understand the difficulty in handling hulk, due to licensing agreements, but maybe more seeds could have been sowed in Ragnarok?

Even so, I loved the big green buddy in endgame. I'm excited to see where they take the character.

one yui is fake, the other yui is real. you must kill one. how do you figure out which one is the real yui?

(note: any answer that involves the use of rain gear is invalid; if a fake yui can't pretend to love that stuff as much as the real yui, it would be shameful to call him a fake)

Edited by yui

On 2/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, yui said:

one yui is fake, the other yui is real. you must kill one. how do you figure out which one is the real yui?

(note: any answer that involves the use of rain gear is invalid; if a fake yui can't pretend to love that stuff as much as the real yui, it would be shameful to call him a fake)

I shoot both.

The real one wouldn't understand it's a fatal wound and continue on his merry way.

Or I fill the bottle with gasoline and offer him a drink, to see if he reacts.

Edited by (␀)

Some background first: I have wanted to jump into cosplay for the longest time, and my dream costume is a Cairngorgorn suit as real as it can be, that means getting into forging and everything, but that's more of an end goal so I would rather start with something relatively simpler, such as the bodysuit of Secco from JoJo. Since you got some experience in cosplay, do you have for me any tips, advice or sites you recommend me to check to get into cosplay bodysuit crafting? For example, I'm puzzled on where to begin to find the materials for Secco cosplay, since it has those thick strings/wire stitched all over it.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, Summer Darj said:

Some background first: I have wanted to jump into cosplay for the longest time, and my dream costume is a Cairngorgorn suit as real as it can be, that means getting into forging and everything, but that's more of an end goal so I would rather start with something relatively simpler, such as the bodysuit of Secco from JoJo. Since you got some experience in cosplay, do you have for me any tips, advice or sites you recommend me to check to get into cosplay bodysuit crafting? For example, I'm puzzled on where to begin to find the materials for Secco cosplay, since it has those thick strings/wire stitched all over it.

OASIS would likely be made out of spandex, purchasing a suit in-color with a single eye-hole probably wouldn't be too difficult. Marks could be made on it with washable marker while wearing it to figure out the fitment for the detailing.

For the stitching, I'd use thin rubber tubing, for comfort purposes. Anything else could dig into your skin pretty easily.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, Summer Darj said:

I just noticed you said you would need to forge something for the cosplay.

No no no no no.

Don't make large pieces out of metal. It will be unnecessarily heavy and expensive. A good alternative to metal is EVA foam, sculpted to shape and sprayed with rubberized coating (plasti-dip) and painted the desired color.

Fiberglass and thermoplastics are also options, as is using aluminum tape.

What is one non-personal subject that you are confident in the belief that you know more about it than anyone else on this website?

On 2/23/2021 at 1:20 AM, yui said:

What is one non-personal subject that you are confident in the belief that you know more about it than anyone else on this website?

just one?

Making stuff in physical media, I suppose. A while back I'd say mtg but fuckin radio's got me beat these days.

39 minutes ago, Hina's Simp said:

that's very fair, okay. respect.

Only format I think I'd be able to realistically play at a similar level to you is very specific limited environments.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:40 PM, (␀) said:

I just noticed you said you would need to forge something for the cosplay.

No no no no no.

Don't make large pieces out of metal. It will be unnecessarily heavy and expensive. A good alternative to metal is EVA foam, sculpted to shape and sprayed with rubberized coating (plasti-dip) and painted the desired color.

Fiberglass and thermoplastics are also options, as is using aluminum tape.

All right. I was told about foams for cosplay, but if my goal is to get as real as possible, it would have to be an actual armor. It's not as realistic, but maybe someday with funding and perhaps picking up forging as hobby, like those dudes that forge pop culture weapons, it may become a reality. In the meantime, how do you recommend me to get into costume modeling? I assume I will have to if I want to design foam or armor pieces. Bet there are no shortcuts, but if there is a cosplayer, tutorial, etc. you like and/or recommend, I would like to know.

4 hours ago, Summer Darj said:

All right. I was told about foams for cosplay, but if my goal is to get as real as possible, it would have to be an actual armor. It's not as realistic, but maybe someday with funding and perhaps picking up forging as hobby, like those dudes that forge pop culture weapons, it may become a reality. In the meantime, how do you recommend me to get into costume modeling? I assume I will have to if I want to design foam or armor pieces. Bet there are no shortcuts, but if there is a cosplayer, tutorial, etc. you like and/or recommend, I would like to know.

I don't think you understand how heavy plate armor is, but I digress.

There is probably something you can find on the replica prop forum/RPF. Tons of knowledgeable people there that strive for as high of accuracy as possible. If you're interested in fiberglass, there is information on it there, that's where I learned it. Seriously though, be careful with that stuff. The dust is a carcinogen.

what is your favorite guitar solo?