Jolly Glot

A new non-Mobile video game gets announced for Yu-Gi-Oh!

A new game is announced, and will be released on the Nintendo Switch. Fight with the tactical card game with the current “New Master Rule” rule set, where you can Duel characters from every era, as well as people across Japan. Further information will be announced in the next issue of V Jump. (i.e. 21st-ish of February 2019)

Source: https://ygorganization.com/noworldwideevolutionforlinksyet/

I recently was thinking how I'd like to be able to play a YGO game on the Switch...though I hoped, unrealistically, for one I wouldn't have to figure out Links (and Pendulums at that) but never thought I'd get any of that so this is nice.

Was anyone else just hoping for this to be a new Tag Force? The Switch just seems the perfect successor platform to revive the series.

I hear that people liked Legacy of the Duelist, but I never tried it because it wasn't up to date, but since this one is, I may try it out, and it is on the Switch as well, so that's great.

For me, it should have the option of multiplayer. That's something I felt the Duel Carnival game severely lacked. It was on a handheld. It would've been perfect! Even Duelist of the Roses had a 2 player Duel option. If it has the option of 2 players at least, then I would so buy it.

2 hours ago, Void said:

Was anyone else just hoping for this to be a new Tag Force? The Switch just seems the perfect successor platform to revive the series.

I would love a new Tag Force. That series never made it to the Vita, and the Switch does have a lot of the same "feel" as both that and the PSP, so it would be a better console. Also seeing some negativity over Legacy of the Duelist apparently being a pretty sloppy game, so I feel that Tag Force would have been an overall better choice.