Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Drawings in progress (Dragon Weapons)

I've had these in a notebook for over a year now. They are meant for my card-making schemes since I actually really dislike having to go with written cards when something occurs to me, or recycling older drawings over and over xD

The Pentel Brush Pen has beautifully black ink but out of my brush pens it's the hardest one to control so sorry my little dragons, I used you to help me be closer to finish it up ^^"
Hatching work by a micron though. The shading by pen is part of my old style that I wanted to practice after so long. I'm gonna have to get used to it again.

Lance

Spoiler

cn6wA8R.jpg

Trident

Spoiler

QW6SKLL.jpg

Hammer

Spoiler

POvJigR.jpg

Flail

Spoiler

7jw7oHw.jpg

Sword

Spoiler

nlppsKh.jpg

Last one

Spoiler

HmI0p15.jpg

The last one was supposed to be a shield formed by the crossing wings but I couldn't figure it out. It also has a little drill on the tail but other than that it's the most normal-looking one so I'm making it the leader of the group xD

These are adorable! Wow! I love your art style and how you went about making each dragon embody a different weapon - very creative!

14 minutes ago, Saiba Aisu said:

These are adorable! Wow! I love your art style and how you went about making each dragon embody a different weapon - very creative!

Thank you =3

Lance is my favorite. Reminds me of a swordfish, shrimp and a mosquito xD
I like that you re-take your bizarre drawing style.
I have a problem with flail. I can more or less justify all of them from a biological/organic standpoint (e.g. bone plates in the head for the hammer dragon, a horn-like appendage for sword), but chains instead of arms, without nerves and all, it's practically biologically impossible. That's just a nitpick of mine, though :v

3 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Not gonna lie a few of these creep me out slightly, but I do like you didn't go for anything obvious with them, and Flail is a cutie.

I'm gonna guess Hammer and Trident are the creepy ones xD
They've been the weirdest ones from the beginning.

26 minutes ago, Darj said:

Lance is my favorite. Reminds me of a swordfish, shrimp and a mosquito xD
I like that you re-take your bizarre drawing style.
I have a problem with flail. I can more or less justify all of them from a biological/organic standpoint (e.g. bone plates in the head for the hammer dragon, a horn-like appendage for sword), but chains instead of arms, without nerves and all, it's practically biologically impossible. That's just a nitpick of mine, though :v

I could get into the material of the chain and the theme of transplants to fight your scientifically based stance, but I'd rather go with them being more like a spiritual embodiment of their weapon, and possibly following the "rule of cool".

It's rare to hear positive commentary related to mosquitoes xD

2 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I could get into the material of the chain and the theme of transplants to fight your scientifically based stance, but I'd rather go with them being more like a spiritual embodiment of their weapon, and possibly following the "rule of cool".

It's rare to hear positive commentary related to mosquitoes xD

Even transplants couldn't work because the nerves to move the arms and spike-hands would be missing. Its best bet would be to twist and shake its torso and let physics/momentum do their thing xD
I guess after Pokemon introduced such cool bugs I developed a thing for insects. I even like how roaches look right after they molt.

4 minutes ago, Darj said:

Even transplants couldn't work because the nerves to move the arms and spike-hands would be missing. Its best bet would be to twist and shake its torso and let physics/momentum do their thing xD
I guess after Pokemon introduced such cool bugs I developed a thing for insects. I even like how roaches look right after they molt.

Huh.... err... hmmm... eww ^^"

And I think you are over-thinking it with the biology thoughts. If we were to talk anatomical realism you'd also complain about all the legs and arms xD

Nah, the arms and legs still make sense, you can find all sort of shape for limbs in living beings. Even some animals have legs and arms so small they don't really need or use them, suspected to be remnants of past forms as they evolved or adapted to different environments, like the italian skink, for example.

Be it monochromatic and a little lacking in my usual range of tools but I've been a bit busy and exhausted with a fairly new job, and due to a little home project we've had, I don't really count with all my tools to draw either, but it should be a nice warm up to not lose on the practice.
Also, since I use light box tracing I technically can replicate them later even if they are made traditionally xP

Anyways, here:

Spoiler

Momvwdy.jpg

I like they all have different colors. Lance is still my favorite, even if green is not my top favorite color, but those would be yellow or blue, I shift back and forth with those 2 xD
Also either I forgot, or I just noticed they all have different tail designs. I guess the coloring make them stand out more.
And I have to admit Flail is fine if we abide to the "rule of cool".