Sign in to follow this  
Fusion

Vic Mignogna

Been waiting on someone to just kinda swallow this dude up. It sucks to think that some of my favorite characters in anime and cartoons are voiced by this piece of shit. I can't wait to see him rot in jail.

Yeah, it's frustrating how many good roles he's had. I think a huge part of the support from him comes from people unwilling to separate his roles from who he is a person.

Judge Chupp did a great job. Vic's supporters think Chupp was either overly harsh or simply lazy, but he did the bare minimum to ask Vic and Ty that they had a case, and they couldn't back it up. People thought this would be a slam dunk because Chupp is a conservative judge in Texas, but that didn't make a difference. I have no idea what the panel of judges will look like, but I can't imagine it will give Vic a better chance.

Sadly, I can't see this ending with him in jail, but at least his career is dead in the water.

With just under a week to go, Ty Beard has asked for yet another extension. It will take another month. He claims that it's because Jim Bullock left the firm... except that's a reason he already cited for the previous extension.

In better news, Greg Doucette is now eligible to be licensed to practice law in Texas. That's certainly a more admirable result than the constant delays Vic's team has needed.

Screenshot_20200519-144155_Samsung_Inter

Looks like even KiwiFarms is getting pessimistic about the outcome of the appeal.

I feel pretty good about a certain bet I made over this case. Expect comments like these to age very poorly once this is all over.

7VdteqQ.png

Edited by Phantom Roxas

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/editorial/2020-05-22/zac-bertschy-in-memoriam/.159803

Okay. I'm not going to take any bullshit here.

Zac Bertschy was an executive editor at Anime News Network. Unfortunately, he has passed away. This is a difficult time for a lot of people to process, and it's certainly going to be difficult for me.

But purely by association with ANN, I can't imagine Vic's stans will be in any way respectful of this tragedy.

Edited by Phantom Roxas

Just read the reply brief to Monica and Ron, and it is... laughably terrible.

Ty pretty much admits that Vic didn't have evidence, so he has to pretend that Monica and Ron actually gave the evidence themselves! Except he has to spin it so much by basically saying "Vic didn't do that, he really did this!" However, in trying to deny Vic's actions, he ends up confirming them. It's the same thing that has consistently plagued Vic's arguments since his deposition. They keep pretending that arguing about semantics is somehow the same as some grand denial.

They seem to think that Vic denying the accusations at all is what proves the allegations false, and by extension, proves that the defendants in fact committed defamation. It doesn't. It just means that Vic denied the allegations... or rather, he only disagreed that what he did was actually all that bad. He confirmed that events described by Jamie and Monica did in fact happen, he just doesn't understand why what he did was wrong.

Looks like the rest of the reply briefs have yet to be file and/or released, but if this first brief is any indication, then it's just as sad and pathetic as I expected.

In a bid to demonstrate that Vic is totally not a public figure because he didn't seek out this controversy, and it was merely thrust upon him, Vic's legal defense claims that Vic "lived his life without controversy."

The footnote for the citation is blank.

The attached tweet comes from a thread that brutally breaks down the sur-reply brief to Marchi's brief. The various briefs seem to be incredibly amateurish, and despite requiring two extensions, Beard's team clearly did not spend enough time properly reviewing this.

So you know that GoFundMe that was totally being done on Vic's behalf that would help him with this lawsuit that he lost, tried to appeal, and now we're at the point where his lawyers flailed around and haphazardly scrambled to put together garbage sur-reply briefs?

Yeah. It turns out that the money isn't actually being used for Vic's defense. It's just a slush fund for Ty Beard.

Monica and Ron have filed their reply brief regarding fees. Looks like it's pretty solid, though really, filing something more competently that Ty is an absurdly low bar to cross anyway.

I believe that with this, the appeal and cross-appeal have been fully briefed. While I'm personally expecting that we'll have to wait until November to get a ruling, I've seen people suggest it may take even longer than that.

https://www.ign.com/articles/watch-the-english-dub-trailer-for-20th-anniversary-film-digimon-adventure-last-evolution-kizuna

Oops, looks like Vic got replaced in Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna. Matt will now be voiced by Nicolas Roye.

By the way, this dub is being produced by Studiopolis. It's almost as if the common thread isn't Funimation being some evil company that's "out to get" Vic, but more that he's a toxic scumbag who deserved to lose his roles. Lol.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, Phantom Roxas said:

By the way, this dub is being produced by Studiopolis. It's almost as if the common thread isn't Funimation being some evil company that's "out to get" Vic, but more that he's a toxic scumbag who deserved to lose his roles. Lol.

I mean, Funimation wasn't the only studio that terminated him. I think those defending him view it more as a witch hunt than some kind of personal vendetta.

Yeah, Funimation was just the most visible.

I've seen his defenders explicitly say that Jamie and Monica "stabbed Vic in the back." They believe that this was somehow a personal vendetta. They... do not have a healthy mindset about any of this.

Edited by Phantom Roxas

The appeal was formally submitted last week. Vic is certain to lose, though we likely won't get an official ruling until February.

Nick Rekieta, the Minnesota YouTube lawyer who organized the GoFundMe for Vic, and has been leading some of the harassment campaigns against anyone who was okay with Vic getting fired, recently submitted an amicus brief to the court. It was six months late, though that would assume that this court would have accepted it anyway. By his own admission, the amicus is mostly symbolic, so this is just more performative nonsense. As it turns out, since he's a Minnesota lawyer trying to represent his own Texas company, he also just committed an ethics violation with unauthorized practice of law.

Really, the best move for Nick would have been to not play, but apparently he decided to shoot himself into the dick in a grand performance to his culture warrior audience.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1311675312481153030

HAHAHAHAHA, the brief got returned to Nick.

Edited by Phantom Roxas