[ST19] Starter Deck 2019

First cards of the Starter Deck for 2019 have been revealed:

0fnqxN1.jpg?1
ST19-JP041 Decode Talker Extend
Link 3 DARK Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 2300
Links: Top, Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2+ Effect Monsters
(1) While this card is in a Monster Zone, its name is treated as “Decode Talker”.
(2) This card gains 500 ATK for each monster this card points to.
(3) During your Battle Phase, if a monster this card points to is destroyed by battle or sent to the GY: You can activate this effect; this card can attack twice during this Battle Phase.

T9jiC5y.jpg
ST19-JP042 Trackblack
Link 2 LIGHT Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 1200
Links: Top Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 Effect Monsters
You can only use the effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can target 1 monster you control that this card points to; during this turn, draw 1 card each time that monster destroys a monster your opponent controls by battle.

Nothing really impressive, IMO. Battle-reliant effects. I guess the alternate Decode Talker can be good for OTKs? Bit it's tough to outperform Borrelsword on that department.

Edited by Darj

Destroyed by battle OR sent to the GY? *Firewall flashbacks intensifies*

I guess it is really easy to trigger, but yeah, it's hard to see why you'd use this over Borrelsword if you're going for an OTK. Does Decode have an "attack card" yet (a la Burst Stream, Dark Magic Attack)?

Trackblack is cute, but if you're trying to get extra value out of it (I.e. Attacking more than once), you might as well just go for an OTK.

Oh god, I will forever hate the fact that cards may say "or" instead of "and", now I will have to look more carefully, because that makes it a bit better. Still, has to be in the Battle Phase, so can't abuse it that much, but anyway, I suppose it's a decent replacement in my Code Talker Deck, since the original doesn't really do much, and Trackblack could maybe combo nicely with it.

IceGuy.png?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

ST19-JP001 Flip Frozen
Level 1 WATER Cyberse Effect Monster
ATK 500
DEF 500
(1) If this card is sent to the GY: You can change all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls to Defense Position.

Dribrave.png?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

Dribrave
Level 4 FIRE Cyberse Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1000
(1) Once per turn, when a Cyberse monster you control declares an attack: You can discard 1 monster; the attacking monster gains 600 ATK until the end of this turn.

Deer.png?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

ST19-JP003 Rebuildeer
Level 4 WIND Cyberse Effect Monster
ATK 1800
DEF 800
(1) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can target 1 Cyberse monster with 1500 or less ATK in your GY; Special Summon that monster.

Borg.png?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

ST19-JP004 Threshold Borg
Level 7 EARTH Cyberse Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 2000
(1) If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 Cyberse monster.
(2) Monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK.

Crosswipe.png?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

ST19-JP021 Cynet Crosswipe
Quick-Play Spell Card
(1) Tribute 1 Cyberse monster, then target 1 card on the field; destroy that card.

Cascade.png?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

ST19-JP033 Cybnet Cascade / Cynet Cascade
Normal Trap Card
(1) If you Link Summon a Link Monster: Target 1 monster in your GY that was used as Link Material for that Summon; Special Summon it.

Edited by TheEternalWinter

Really strange line-up there. Flip Frozen has defensive potential if the deck can consistently get in the GY during the opponent's turn, Rebuildeer and Dribrave are battle-reliant and thus not as good, even if you wanted to use the discard from Dribrave to set-up or trigger floaty cards, although for that purpose the Borg could come in handy, IDK.
Crosswipe looks subpar at first but considering it gets "Cynet" support it could be a decent disruptive tool if the deck doesn't mind or can pay the -1 in a vacuum.
Cascade doesn't look good.

Edited by Darj