Sign in to follow this  
Thar

Thar's AMA

What's one color you dislike for what seems like no valid reason?

On 5/19/2020 at 2:48 AM, Yui said:

What's one color you dislike for what seems like no valid reason?

Baby blue. That's what the walls were in my house before I painted over it. Also had a collared shirt of that color and got rid of it. Not sure why, but I just don't care for it.

Scenario is, your playing a game with three members on the forum (up to your personal choice who's joining): what game is it and why?

11 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Scenario is, your playing a game with three members on the forum (up to your personal choice who's joining): what game is it and why?

Me, Yui, Rep, and Zai all playing Mario Party on Dolphin, because you can never go wrong with Mario Party or anything similar that doesn't require surpassing a skill curve to be good at.

What's an odd food combination that you swear is better than people seem to think it is?

23 hours ago, Yui said:

What's an odd food combination that you swear is better than people seem to think it is?

Dunno if it's considered odd, but pork PB&Js are the absolute tits.

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?

On 8/10/2020 at 12:14 AM, Yui said:

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?

Nothing will ever be better than Chuck Norris facts. Hell, I have two books of them.

EDIT: After seeing your response, I feel obligated to include this honorary mention:

Edited by Thar

hi i'm not yui, what's your beef with yui?

1 hour ago, yui said:

hi i'm not yui, what's your beef with yui?

seems sus

but I guess part of me is just envious of his gif game. maybe one day I'll face him in a gif off, but I must prepare. don't tell him, though

1 hour ago, A Burgerking Crouton said:

Hi i'm also not yui, did you know the above poster is actually yui in a disguise?

what made you assume that?

don't think I don't know you were a part of him being banned on YCM. I've got my eye on you

29 minutes ago, Hina's Simp said:

What questions do you want to answer?

anything, really. just want something to do, and really just wanna open up in any way I can.

18 minutes ago, JellisOP said:

What is the best videogame soundtrack iyo, and which song is your favorite on it?

Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles will always have the most consistently amazing soundtrack ever, imo.

oh shit yui got banned on ycm? tf did he do he was such a nice guy.

16 hours ago, yui said:

oh shit yui got banned on ycm? tf did he do he was such a nice guy.

too nice for YCM, apparently

13 hours ago, ass said:

how many blocks do minecraft beds have to be from each other to not be considered gay

if I can't sleep til the morning without everyone on the server sleeping at the same time, then it's basically no different than sleeping in the same bed with your dicks out

On 12/17/2020 at 10:49 PM, Thar said:

what made you assume that?

don't think I don't know you were a part of him being banned on YCM. I've got my eye on you

you can't prove that! you can't prove that I'm behind Yui's ban!

Uhhhhh, deepest darkest secret that you're willing to post on a children's card game forum? For blackmail purposes in case you do find evidence that I banned yui

On 12/19/2020 at 3:53 AM, A Burgerking Crouton said:

Uhhhhh, deepest darkest secret that you're willing to post on a children's card game forum? For blackmail purposes in case you do find evidence that I banned yui

well, if you really wanna know

Remember Organization XIII? The club on YCM back in the day?

I remember asking to join despite not knowing anything about Kingdom Hearts. Each member was assigned a specific member of the organization from the game, and Xemnas was open, so I asked to fill that role. Not knowing anything about him, I skimmed the wiki article about him so I at least had a basic idea. So I was in the club and literally admitted to doing that. Boy, was I a fool.

on top of that, there was a fanfic based around members of that club, which was... kinda the reason I joined in the first place. I remember like 2 chapters or so being put up since I joined and I read them both, but I didn't see me included, so I got frustrated and went on hiatus for about a year.

Not my proudest moment, lol. and I suppose that's not really a dark secret, but past me would've thought so

Edited by Thar

favorite class of servant in fate? i'll put a quick summary of the seven main classes below in case you're unfamiliar. i totally didn't just copy-paste this from the holy grail war thread.

• Saber-class Servants have both Magic Resistance and Riding, rendering them immune to some levels of magecraft and allowing them to command various vehicles with little problem. They are arguably the most powerful class, but are straightforward and often can't employ special strategies.
  • Archer-class Servants have Independent Action, allowing them to operate for an extended period of time without a Master supplying them mana. The most varied class and overall quite powerful, but the only guaranteed way to control an Archer is with Command Seals if they do not agree with their Master.
  • Lancer-class Servants have Magic Resistance, making them immune to various levels of magecraft in a similar fashion to Sabers. They are overall reliable Servants, specializing in long-ranged melee weapons like spears and lances, and are often a powerful class of Servant to summon.
  • Rider-class Servants have Magic Resistance and Riding, similar to Sabers, but tend to have higher-ranked Riding skills, making them able to use more vehicles and perform better with them. Often, Riders have powerful Noble Phantasms that can serve as a mount of some sort.
  • Caster-class Servants have Territory Creation and Item Creation, allowing them to alter an area to work in their favor and create magical items and tools. Typically possessing low attributes, combined with many Servants having Magic Resistance, they are often considered the weakest class, but are capable of employing unique strategies other classes simply can't access with their powerful magecraft.
  • Assassin-class Servants have Presence Concealment, which causes them to become difficult for others to locate, making them great spies or stealth killers. Although Assassins are overall weak Servants, this class specializes in killing Masters directly, rather than performing in straight fights with other Servants.
  • Berserker-class Servants have Madness Enhancement, sacrificing the Servant's rationality for great increases in power. While arguably the strongest class, simply keeping a Berserker active takes a heavy toll on the Master's mana, and a Servant of this class is often difficult to control.

1 hour ago, yui said:

favorite class of servant in fate?

based off my minimal knowledge of fate (only seen most of Zero and part of the Stay/Night anime), I've usually been partial to the archer class. Though in terms of the class itself, berserker is more my speed in a fictional playstyle sense, but practicality wise (so like if I was a summoner in a rl grail war) assassin would be my preference, mainly cause it's discreet and usually/hopefully doesn't require combat.

what are your thoughts on The Council, now that we've had some time since their debut streams?

1 hour ago, yui said:

what are your thoughts on The Council, now that we've had some time since their debut streams?

My personal "rankings" have switched a bit from my first impressions, as you can tell.

Sana has really grown on me with her genuine obsession with science and space, and her astrology streams are quite a refreshing take on the ideology.

Fauna's streams are a great way to unwind at the end of the day (not to mention her ASMR stuff.)

Baelz is tolerable at worst. She has a charisma with her casual talk that keeps me interested, and she's a lot of fun to watch play games.

Kronii... I really wanted to like her. I LOVE her design and she has an amazing voice along with top-notch sound quality... but her delivery is just dry af. Hell, I'm one to appreciate dad humor, but she just doesn't seem to pull it off as well as I'd like.

Mumei... well, let's just say her adorableness and artistic talent is all she has going for her. Everything else is just meh. Also her memory issue is a bit... annoying, if I can be honest. Also while I'm sure she'll gain more over time, she seems to lack confidence and that really puts a damper on her performance.

We may disagree on a few things, but that's just my take on them so far and it may still change over time.

Edited by Thar