Sign in to follow this  
Thar

Thar's AMA

13 minutes ago, Yui said:

Favorite song that isn't by Queen?

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach, alternating between two versions:

1. The orchestral version in Fantasia (1940), the first arrangement:

Mostly nostalgia, but there's definitely an extra layer of appreciation for it after being a band kid in high school and playing in various groups. Also Fantasia is just, dare I say it, "fantastic!"

2. This version played on the organ, where it was originally composed for:

Listening to this version straight through is quite the experience, and after being exposed to it, there are few (if any) pieces that leave me as floored as this one did.

Edited by Thar

Since the event is gradually closing in, who has been your favorite monster across all Halloween Masquerades?

9 minutes ago, Yui said:

Since the event is gradually closing in, who has been your favorite monster across all Halloween Masquerades?

Besides mine, I assume. B/

I felt Statler and Waldorf were pretty underrated. Their delivery was a nice chuckle with every post.

With the event actually over this time, how did you feel about this year's Halloween Masquerade?

14 minutes ago, Yui said:

With the event actually over this time, how did you feel about this year's Halloween Masquerade?

Better than last year's, but still could've been better. As I mentioned once or twice before, I could've been more active and involved with a monster that could've played a better role in the event as a whole. Other than that, it was enough to be entertaining at the very least. You and Radio put on a nice show during those last couple days with the decoding stuff and that was a lot of fun.

7 minutes ago, ass said:

How's yo new job treating you homie

it's great! it's about all i could ask for in a mechanical design job, and i love the people i work with. the managers are great too, including the owners.

they gave everyone a very nice pocket knife as a part of our annual bonuses before the holidays, which was dope as hell

How many whole pizzas do you think could you consecutively eat?

15 minutes ago, Yui said:

How many whole pizzas do you think could you consecutively eat?

I don't even know. Only reason I've ever stopped eating pizza is cause I ran out and didn't feel like getting more.

1 hour ago, LordCowCow said:

If you could throw your hat at any Mario enemy to possess them, which one would you be?

I gotta copy Yui's answer and go with Lakitu, specifically to just fly around and film stuff.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:01 AM, radio414 said:

What (coherent) sentence do you think has never been typed on the internet before?

"I respectfully disagree with you while also respecting your opinion on this particular manner and I wish you and your family well in all of your endeavors."

On 3/26/2020 at 11:47 PM, LordCowCow said:

Rank the 5 flavors of food

Sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami (savory)

1. Savory
2. Sweet
3. Salty
4. Bitter
5. Sour

8 hours ago, radio414 said:

Who’s your current profile pic? And if it’s from Borderlands 3 (and that’s why the style looks familiar even if I don’t recognize them), how is that game?

That's Moze, the gunner. Her special ability is a giant mech, which is what sold me.

As for the game itself, I'm really enjoying it! The Calypso Twins ain't no Handsome Jack, but they play the part of parody cyberpunk antagonists rather well for what it is. Just recently beat the vanilla game and currently plowing through the DLC, which is also great.

I know you're not the uh...biggest Fire Emblem fan

But from what you've seen, based on design, are there any characters that interest you from it?

8 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

I know you're not the uh...biggest Fire Emblem fan

But from what you've seen, based on design, are there any characters that interest you from it?

Considering I've never played a FE game in my life and only ever knew about it through Smash, it's hard to say. There's so many characters that I don't even know where to start.

Only one I can think of is Tharja, cause she has that goth girl look to her which I've always been into (also the name is easy to remember, heh.) Thing is, though, she's also pretty clingy and obsessive, so that's a bit of a turnoff for me, but since it's design we're talking about, she's definitely up there.

now I'm tempted to get a list of traits and find the most suited FE waifu for you...

But anyway hmm....What was the first video game you played? Completed? Rage quit?

4 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

now I'm tempted to get a list of traits and find the most suited FE waifu for you...

But anyway hmm....What was the first video game you played? Completed? Rage quit?

First game I've ever played was Crash Bandicoot for PS1 in 1996. Definitely don't miss the preschool that had it during free period. Asshole classmates and crabby supervisors.

First game completed... as in beat the story? Probably Hercules for PS1, since it was the first game I've owned that had a story. Either that or Hot Wheels Turbo Racing. Closest I've ever come to completing a game 100% was Batman Arkham Knight. Some of those Riddler trophies were just too much of a bitch to get to be worth the true ending.

No idea what my first rage-quit was. Earliest I can trace was playing Pokemon Stadium mini-games with my friends one day. They'd be kicking my ass and I'd turn the console off and run off crying. Good times.

3 hours ago, radio414 said:

What’s the correct way, in your opinion, to scramble an egg?

chunky vomit consistency or bust

What is your least favorite name in the English language, and what's a word you associate with people who have that name?

10 hours ago, Yui said:

What is your least favorite name in the English language, and what's a word you associate with people who have that name?

Muhammad. The fact that it's so common and based directly off an Islamic prophet just doesn't sit well with me.

Nothing against anyone with the name, just the name itself.

The word I'd use would be "pretentious," because it's a pretty important name for a relatively normal person.