Thessa giggled at Roy's response to the questions. "Honestly," she told Victor, "sometimes you just gotta go do the thing instead of asking for every scenario."

She didn't want Roy to completely shut down from frustration so after this exchange Thessa went along her way. She'd figure out what to do once she got there.

There was something odd about the X shape of the building. In a way it made sense as the speaker could be right in the center but Thessa always thought it must be weird getting a sermon from someone whose face you couldn't always see.

"You know I used to go here." She told Victor. "Not the church. The school, when it was a school. They tore it down a loooong time ago. The Joseph School, I think. The principal was caught in some sort of big scandal so everyone left then this thing was put up in its place."

The details were honesty pretty dull but it sounded like something that could be exciting if left vague enough. Either way it only made Thessa wonder if something would happen to this place and cause it to be replaced.

She sure hoped so.

They entered the building and...had to wait. It seemed the person they were supposed to meet was busy somewhere else so they had a few minutes before they showed up. "So not a churchy guy I suppose?" Thessa asked Victor as they waited.

Eventually the pastor came up to the two and greeted them. "Welcome to the Church of the Sacred Harp, how may we be of service today?"

"Yo! We're here to see the important lady for some hero business!"

"More hero business?" They frowned. "Couldn't you have just sent a message to the person already talking to her? Why send two more -" And then it dawned on her her mistake. "Um, well, she's currently in a meeting now, but since you two were the ones scheduled I'm sure she would at least like to see that you are here, if you would follow me?"

Thessa decided not to question what she said and just let whatever was going on be a surprise. "You could just point the way but, sure, let's go!"

They were brought upstairs where a woman, Lailah, who was holding some papers, was speaking with....Sibyl, of all people. Pieces were connecting in Thessa's brain but she decided to not think about it much. She glanced over at Victor, curious if he knew who Sibyl was, as Lailah spoke up.

"Oh, more friends, hello," she said. "I would prefer it if you didn't crowd, of course, but I can still listen to your petitions. I have two ears to hear with, after all."

"Oh no, there's three of us but only two ears, what're we gonna do?" Thessa said as she got closer to her. She waved at Sibyl, "You're that artist yeah? Gonna paint up this place or somethin?"

Before Sibyl could respond she spoke to Lailah. "Heya, we're s'posed to talk to you about the end of the world."

“Not an apostle, then? That’s fine. But Lailah’s like every other holy leader Scarlet City has had, so I would have assumed you’d have been able to make some extrapolations.”

Victor wasn't all too much into religion, not when there was the stuff he had to deal with. At the same time, he wasn't going to say it was all just boring stuff that he cared not one iota about, but it was something that many actually followed, so he wasn't going to just be down on it. Everyone had their own choice to believe whatever they wanted, who was he to judge anyway.

"Honestly, sometimes you just gotta go do the thing instead of asking for every scenario."

"It's now how I work...I don't question how you work." he said, giving Thessa a side glance. "Information is key...otherwise we're out there on the field, flopping like a fish out of water. It's best to get everything we can about the situation and then work it out."

You had better get going, before the situation gets even worse.”

"If anything happens, I'll let you know immediately." Victor nodded, turning on his heel, the nanites in his watch already reacting as they began to form his suit around him.

An x shaped building didn't seem like the best design choice, but then again, it made it easier to spot. X marks the spot, after all...you'd have to be insane to even miss this place. The Church of the Sacred Harp...he had heard about this place, then again, who didn't? Same with the Apostles of the Sun...everyone knew the stories, hell it was a search engine click away if you didn't. Nevertheless, Override didn't care too much about it...all he cared about right now was getting the job done, complete the mission. They were on a time limit, after all.

"You know I used to go here. Not the church. The school, when it was a school. They tore it down a loooong time ago. The Joseph School, I think. The principal was caught in some sort of big scandal so everyone left then this thing was put up in its place."

"Scandal...somehow that doesn't surprise me." Override sighed over the coms. "I'd say, maybe it was for the better that they transitioned it into what it is today...after all, giving things a second chance isn't a bad thing." He almost got wistful after he said that, but he focused and landed right down in front of the building. Naturally, Thessa made it in before he did...always the quick one apparently.

"So not a churchy guy I suppose?"

Override sighed a bit. "Parents were religious, they sort of drug me to this kind of stuff all the time..." he waved his hand slightly. "Unfortunately, I got bored of it. It wasn't something I was ever into...once I got to the high school years of my life, I decided not to keep going. Had more pressing matters to attend to...like honing my powers. Parents basically respected my wishes...thankfully."

"Welcome to the Church of the Sacred Harp, how may we be of service today?"
"Yo! We're here to see the important lady for some hero business!"
"More hero business? Couldn't you have just sent a message to the person already talking to her? Why send two more -...Um, well, she's currently in a meeting now, but since you two were the ones scheduled I'm sure she would at least like to see that you are here, if you would follow me?"

That didn't sound good. Override immediately tapped his helmet, making contact with Roy. "Quick question, were there any other Capes supposed to be having an appointment with the Archangel. And I'm talking hero business appointment?"

"No? Why would we send more than two capes, and not at the same time?"

"I figured that was the case. Seems there was a mistaken identity situation down here. Someone is already speaking with the Archangel...we're being directed to get speak with her now."

"That would explain the rapid change in colors this morning. Maybe if you hadn't- no, it's been getting worse since then anyway. It could just be another petitioner. Still, be on your guard."

"Affirmative." Override ended transmission, before following after Thessa and the Pastor. Whoever was here before them was already in the process of talking with the Archangel, so this wasn't the best scenario for them in the long run. Once they finally arrived where Lailah was, he noticed the other person in the room. Luckily he muted himself within the suit, to where the outside couldn't hear. "P.I.X.E.L., do a facial recognition scan on the person here..."

"In the process of it now, sir." the A.I. spoke, before a few things popped up on the HUD of Override's helmet. "It seems to be...according to the villain directory via the G3 database...Sybil Ashton."

"Sybil? So a villain is here..." he muttered, nodding. "For the moment, send a copy of what we're seeing here to Roy. Let him know we're not going to engage here...the last thing we need is a scene being presented at the church, especially if our actions cause scrutiny to G3."

"At once..." P.I.X.E.L. responded, as Override unmuted himself and began to move.

"Heya, we're s'posed to talk to you about the end of the world."

Least she's forward about it... Override thought, speaking next. "What my associate means is, we're the heroes from the G3 Organization: Aeon and Override, we had the appointment to meet with you, Archangel."

Sibyl was never much into organized religion. It wasn't as though she hated the idea of some kind of higher power or thought the entire thing was stupid as a whole. She just hated the idea of having to live by a set of restrictions from the get go that were who knew how old. And she figured that people who were into religion had always used it to find some kind of solace or meaning in existence, some kind of guide or comfort. To the girl with a code to adhere only to the self and to take everything in life as it came to her, she never really saw much purpose in following one. That wasn't to say she disliked everything about religion - she always found the art and iconography of it to be pretty neat. And the stained glass in this building was no exception to that. Eventually, though, she was directed to where she would be meeting with the head lady in the building. 

Once there, reciprocating friendly greeting with friendly greeting she said, “hey there Angel! Sweet place you got.” The girl at the two globes of light curiously before pulling out the papers she had been sent with. “I’d love to say I was here to chat about that rad glass stuff you got going on downstairs, but I’m mostly just here to drop off some papers for you to read.”

Lailah accepted the papers with a smile. "It's always nice to take physical petitions. We've had an online portal for longer than I've been alive but it's much easier to read things when they're right in front of you and not behind a screen." She buffeted the papers and was about to start reading when she added, "And there's no reason we can't talk about Sacred Harp's stained glass afterwards, is there? I'm only visiting so I can't give construction details if that's what you're after but I can talk about the meanings contained therein, if that's useful to you."

“Ooooh, true. The glass itself is pretty rad but I’m sure the stories could be some good inspiration. Maybe we could even get a burger or something once we’re done here.” 

She finally started to read in earnest but didn't get very far before looking back up at Sibyl, seemingly trying to reevaluate her. "The Fates sent you, didn't they? You're part of the Moray Clan?" 

Sibyl look as if there was no problem with this before saying, “yeah, sure am.”

Lailah looked back at the papers and kept talking as she read. "Do you know why I owe them a favor in the first place? Did they tell you that at least? We- I was going through the Old North -- there's a church just on the other side near Clintonville -- and I ended up in the crossfire between Gibbons and the Zodiac. The Old North was up for grabs. Moray Clan wasn't quite the presence it is these days. Anyway, to make a long story short, the Fates saved my life. They took me in, gave me shelter, and staked their own claim on the territory. All they asked was a favor in return." She shook her head. "That was years ago. I almost made a game of trying to think up what they would ask me do. I wasn't sure they even remembered. I suppose I have my answer now."

She turned the page and flipped through a few more. "I don't suppose there's a way to negotiate?" she said. "I- this is- I really would rather not."

“Ooooh,” the girl said as she was recounted the story. Then when asked she shrugged, “can’t say I was given anything else to offer, and I’m really more the chatting and breaking type then the deal offering so, is what it is. ‘Sides, it’ll probably be fun.” It was then that her conversation was interrupted by two coming heroes. Her expression brightening still she said, "hey there Aeon! Long time no see. And uh," she looked at the other, before just as friendlily saying, "and hey there guy! But oh, heavy stuff you got going here." Looking at Lailah Sibyl said, "I wasn't here to paint but I wouldn't mind sprucing the place up once we're done here too."  

Just Getting Started

The Archangel Lailah clearly wasn't sure whether it was a good twist of fate that heroes had shown up when they had or bad in that they both seemed to know each other. Her eyes darted back and forth between both parties and she visibly flinched when Sibyl and Aeon discussed vandalizing the church. Particularly observant capes might also have noticed how her breath quickened and how the two orbs of light flanking her grew significantly more jittery. She recovered a little, though. She waved her hand and whispered, "No, not yet,” and the lights settled back down.

“I think, technically, it's six ears,” Lailah said, responding to Thessa's little snark, “but alright.” She folded The Fates’ proposed sermon in half, stood up, and brushed herself off. “Let’s go back downstairs. I suggest this for two reasons: I think it will be easier to make the points I need to make with the stained glass as a backdrop -- one in particular, I think, will do just fine -- and the second is, well, if things continue to escalate as they are now, the naves are a bit more open and certainly more replaceable than the materials contained within this office. I would also prefer the loser, whoever she may be, be allowed to flee this place and lick her wounds.” She looked right at Sibyl as she said that second one.

“I do hate that you came all the way up here only to be brought back down, but I suppose it can’t be helped. Please,” she said, and she gestured back down.

Lailah managed to catch up with Sibyl as they descended the stairway. “If it were anyone else,” she said, “if it was Kris or the pastor of some other church reading this, I would permit them to do so. It is specifically taking advantage of my position as Archangel that I take umbrage with, though I suppose that’s what your employers were aiming for. Still, keep that in mind.”

When everyone arrived back downstairs, the sun was shining through one of the stained glass panels in such a way as to cast its image on the ground. It was warped, yes, stretching all the way down the arm, across the altar, only ending part of the way down the opposite arm of the church’s X shape, but the mixing colors only added to the mystique of it. Lailah seemed pleased, anyway. She marched forward ahead of everyone before turning around and walking backward, ready to present it to all who would listen. The stained glass behind her depicted two figures holding up a central sphere that a dark figure overhead threatened to push everything back down to earth. “So,” she said. “G3 needs to learn more about the end of the world, hm? They need to brace for Nihil’s inevitable return, do they? How may I be of service?”

OOC

Spoiler

Subtitle is a Mystery Skulls song

Feels like I spent more time responding to Sibyl than the G3 crew, though G3 has a more obvious throughline of their ongoing mission they can ask about. Meanwhile, Lailah's busy trying to weasel her way out of her favor. The appearance of some heroes probably helps and she's intimating that she could handle herself in a fight, but...

Short ooc section, just prompting for some more dialog. Let me know if you need any lines or have any other questions.

-r

Edited by radio414

Override stood there, assessing the situation for a moment or two, though he noticed immediately about the Archangel seemed to...have a quickened breath for a moment. The lights flanking her grew jittery, more so than they normally were. "Tell me you got most of that on the visuals, P.I.X.E.L." he said, muting himself to speak to his A.I.

"The visuals showed it, sir. We'll add it to the end of the report towards Roy."

“I think, technically, it's six ears. But alright. Let’s go back downstairs. I suggest this for two reasons: I think it will be easier to make the points I need to make with the stained glass as a backdrop -- one in particular, I think, will do just fine -- and the second is, well, if things continue to escalate as they are now, the naves are a bit more open and certainly more replaceable than the materials contained within this office. I would also prefer the loser, whoever she may be, be allowed to flee this place and lick her wounds. I do hate that you came all the way up here only to be brought back down, but I suppose it can’t be helped. Please,”

"We appreciate it." Override nodded, finally unmuting himself as he followed suit and went back down the stairs. He seemed to notice that the Archangel was conversing with Sybil herself, but alas, right now he couldn't make out what they were speaking on. Perhaps it was for the better. Regardless, the more time Override spent in this church building, the more uncomfortable he was getting. Slight memories flickered into his mind of him being drug here every single Sunday...it wasn't the greatest time in his life at that point. Hopefully none of that would play a factor in the conversations today...he hoped.

Once they were finally downstairs, the tech hero saw the sun shining through the warped stained glass...and even though he wasn't a religious man, he saw the beauty in this mystique and overall atmosphere surrounding it. It felt a bit calming, to say the least. He questioned why the Archangel chose this as the backdrop of their conversation, though he figured it had something to do with the figures on the window.

“So, G3 needs to learn more about the end of the world, hm? They need to brace for Nihil’s inevitable return, do they? How may I be of service?”

"If this is the situation, then yes. We'll need whatever information you can give us, Archangel." he spoke, keeping a glancing watch over at Sybil whilst looking at the stained glass window again. "Though I suppose, as I haven't been around here and my memory is a bit hazy on the details, please enlighten me: who or what is Nilhil?"

"Nihil is a who," Lailah said, clarifying the question before getting into the details. "He was a supervillain, perhaps the only one who lived to ever attain the status of archvillain, with goals nothing short of world domination -- or destruction."

"The only one ever attaining the archvillain status? I suppose that's fair, considering there aren't very many of those." Override nodded. "Now, what do you mean 'his return'? Did he threaten to come back? ...sounds like a villain thing to do..."

"Nihil's final plot was to bring the sun crashing down on Scarlet City." Lailah gestured to the stained glass behind her. "He, Zorro, and Astra are locked in an eternal battle up there, one that, for reasons made clearer in our texts, he will inevitably win, consuming everything and leaving him lord of the ashes. That is the end of the world we believe in. The return of Nihil and the apocalypse are one and the same."

Sounds like a bunch of drivel to me... Override thought, listening more to the Archangel. He was a scientific mind, at present...no one had the physical power to have the sun crash into the planet, let alone Scarlet City. There had to be a logical answer. "Okay..." he nodded, sighing slightly. "So is it stated how he'd win?"

"Zorro was a living legend," Lailah said. She held her hands in front of her chest and interlocked her fingers. "I mean that literally. His power is boosted by belief, so as long as people believe in him, he is certain to win. But if we falter, so will he," she returned one of her hands to behind her back and balled the other one into a fist, "and Astra will follow."

"So it's a general faith situation..." Override unenthusiastically responded. "Sounds like a way to just sell the religious rhetoric, but that's simply me. Doesn't exactly help..." he muttered, trailing off some. "Humor me then if you will, Archangel. Aside from the belief system, what else could possibly happen to signify something of this caliber happening?"

"Sir, I don't believe that she'll be kind to hearing something like t-..." P.I.X.E.L.'s warning came a bit too late on that.

"These are real people," Lailah shot back. "They may not be in the general archives, but there are sources that reach that far back, you only have to know where to look. And besides, unbelievable things happen around us every day? Isn't the existence of superpowers a small miracle in and of itself? Don't ask for my humor without offering a little in return."

Override was silent for a bit on the outside, though on the inside, while he was muted... "...could've warned me a bit quicker there, partner." he grumbled.

"Perhaps you should have read and assessed the room first, sir. I understand you have your own thoughts on the subject at hand, but perhaps some diplomacy would help. Try not to bring your personal views and stake into it. In her words, 'humor her', sir."

"..." Override put a hand to his face, if the armor wasn't there, he'd be dragging it along as he face palmed. "I'm not religious, so pardon my outbursts in the way of my speaking. I meant no disrespect, so I'll offer my own humor in this as well...please, continue."

The fact that Override quit going to church due to boredom resonated with Thessa, and she mentally chalked up a point for the young man. He might be a bit of a stuffy rule-follower but at least he might not be all bad.

"What my associate means is, we're the heroes from the G3 Organization: Aeon and Override, we had the appointment to meet with you, Archangel."

"One way or another means the same thing anyway." Thessa said. She smiled at Sibyl and responded to her greeting. "Guess we're all getting a dose of holiness today eh?"

Thessa noticed but didn't take note of the way Lailah reacted. Unless she actually did something she could start glowing and Thessa wouldn't worry too much.

She tried to focus on what Lailah was saying but much of it sounded like stuff that was in the back of her head about the church's whole deal. It at least stirred up the memories that Thessa hadn't thought about in a while. She giggled as Override put his foot in her mouth and told him, "smooth talker that's you huh?"

"I'm not religious, so pardon my outbursts in the way of my speaking. I meant no disrespect, so I'll offer my own humor in this as well...please, continue."

Either way it seemed that the Archangel calmed herself down pretty quickly.

"It's alright," she said. "To answer your question, even though it's a big part of our canon, I admit I don't like thinking about it all that much. I like the world quite a bit as it is. But if I must say something mundane, I worry about the gang conflicts getting out if control quite a bit."

If anything Thessa thought the gangs were a bit too in control, but she didn't voice that. She did however voice something else.

"The world as it is, huh. Say, you sure this big bad is just gonna get rid of everything just like that? Even for a villain it seems kinda weird that they'd wanna destroy everything know what I mean? Since they're a real person and all."

"As I say, Nihil's goals, as we understand them, are absolute. What he cannot control, he must destroy."

"Well that sounds like such a waste. Any reason you can think of that he'll be coming knocking in 173 days?" The exact number sprung to Thessa's mind naturally. She'd always been good at keeping track of the days, minutes, even seconds, that passed by. Which probably was helpful when there was a deadline. Otherwise the entire thing could have passed her by without her even realizing.

"I know your friend isn't an apostle of the sun, are you?"

"Was at some point, but that was before you were around, like, probably before you were born, does it matter if I were?" She didn't particularly feel like dealing with an attempted conversion. Maybe down the line she could try it out again but she'd have to wait a long time for either the church to change or her memories to grow more hazy.

"Well, now might be a good time to rejoin. As I said, Zorro might falter if the collective will of Scarlet City is not behind him."

"So, what, we gotta get some sort of 'quota of true believers' by then or something?"

"It's not a quota or anything. Nothing of the faith is number's based. It's all vibes." Lailah grinned, "But if you're looking for ways the world might end, that would be it."

"Well, guess we better hope that's not it cause otherwise not much we can do." Thessa gave it some thought. "Unless Nihil is weak to being punched real, real, hard." She didn't expect the church to suddenly enter the hearts of that many more people in the time remaining. While her last statement was something of a joke she also supposed that, were this villain to come down to ruin everything, she'd just have to be ready for a big fight when it came down.

If this Zorro could face him then why couldn't she?

As the group began to make their way downstairs for whatever Lailah was going to say, Sibyl clearly not caring that her conversation had been interrupted and completely shifted to an entirely different topic, the archangel pulled her to the side to tell her about the situation. Truthfully, the demon girl didn't understand what the problem with her reading it was if she was fine pawning it off to someone else. If anything it just sounded more irresponsible to Sibyl, not that that really mattered either. All that did matter was whether or not she told Sibyl she was willing to go along with the original proposition, as Sibyl was given no instructions for barter and the Archangel's refusal sounded pretty fun too. 

However, the current topic shifted to the impending end of the world and what the church's thoughts on the matter was. Sibyl had to admit she didn't know much about the actual mythos behind most religions went but as far as this one went, it certainly sounded pretty cool. Two, or maybe three she wasn't sure who Astra was, locked in an eternal conflict up on the sun to see who can push it the best. That kind of tug of war probably got boring after a bit, but she liked to imagine that they were doing more than just pushing a big ball of fire up there. She had also been incredibly intrigued by Nihil and specifically his status as a "supervillain." With the two heroes having asked their questions, Sibyl voiced aloud, “ooooh, this religion stuff is pretty cool.” The girl had completely gotten into the conversation, asking, “so like this Zoro and Nihil guy are super old right? How come they didn’t just die of old age up there?”

Lailah smiled a smile that betrayed how many times she and other apostles had been asked this question. "The secrets of immortality are lost to us," Lailah said, "and, unless Aeon or DEUS submit themselves to a vivisection -- something that, for the record, I do not reccommend -- it might be lost forever." She pointed upwards. "But the sun is still moving, isn't it?" she said. "If Zorro and Astra weren't pushing it away, why else would it move? If everyone was dead up there, wouldn't the sun stay at a fixed point in the sky?"

Having never thought about why behind the sun, the girl nodded immediately accepting such a statement as fact. “Oh, yeah, makes sense. So then those two were just born that strong?”

The Archangel nodded. "They were born with their powers if that is what you mean, just like you and I," she said. "Or, I assume you were born with yours?"

The shadowy substance of the girl's power coated her arm as she nodded saying, "natural born yeah," waving it around for the others to see. Then, putting her chin in her shadowy hand the girl said, "but that's kind of a shame. After all," innocently smiling Sibyl said, "wouldn't it be awesome to have the power to just throw the sun around?" 

Paradisi Gloria

Lailah was feeling pretty good, all things considered. The implicit threat of violence against her person or the church she was staying at had not entirely gone away, but at least Sibyl was focused on other things now. Things could swing back the other way at any moment, Lailah thought, but she could keep talking and keep things engaged. The existence of two other capes in the room ostensibly on her side (they were from G3, after all) who she was helping accomplish a mission of their own also bolstered her confidence. Her power, represented by those little balls of light, probably betrayed that to an extent, but they were ever-wary and responded to the slightest twinge in her emotional state anyway. Capricious little things. She adored them.

“What’s the saying?” she said. “Power corrupts? Or is it the desire for power that corrupts people? It’s difficult to tell when so many people can do so many different things, I suppose.”

A new voice echoed through the church. “Oh dear. It looks like we’re interrupting something.”

The speaker was just inside the church entrance: Hellhound, complete with her cup-sized dog still poking out of their bag. Lailah looked at the three capes around her. Did they know about Hellhound? Surely at least by reputation, right? Hellhound also surveyed the church’s occupants, and their eyes stopped on Sibyl. “I see Caesar isn’t the only one with a sense of humor when it comes to shaking down the church,” they said with a wry grin. “And it’s lucky for us, too, since we’ve got a bone to pick with you, demon girl.”

“Us?” Lailah said. She knew Hellhound was attached to their dog but she thought it was a “singular unit” sort of relationship, like when they said “I” their canine companion was implied to be included in that statement. In that sense, they were alone.

As if on cue, the stained glass on all four arms of the church shattered simultaneously as four more Gibbons members crashed through. Two of them, the one coming in near the entrance -- near Hellhound -- and the one coming through the glass depicting the fight over the sun managed a well-executed roll to avoid serious damage, while the other two flanking them all to the left and right did more of a swoop before lowering themselves to the ground under their own power. There were five of them now.

“Archangel Lailah,” Hellhound said, “by order of Scarlet City’s new hegemon, Caesar of the Gibbons Gang, you are to step down as leader of the Apostles effective immediately.”

And maybe it was the pride and confidence of just a few minutes ago still coursing through her veins, but Lailah’s answer was immediate: “No.”

OOC

Spoiler
Spoiler

Censer (front, with Hellhound) -- Lucky Cat (Behind) -- Arcturus (Left) -- Vambrace (Right)

Hellhound has an image already

Subtitle is a Carpenter Brut song, which I suppose can also double as battle music if you want. Yes, there's probably going to be a fight soon. I didn't directly initiate combat yet, though, in case you wanted any additional lines from any number of people beforehand. It's likely that both Victor and the Fates would try to warn you that Caesar was doing something stupid at their meeting, for example (and yet I chose the one character who wouldn't have foreknowledge to write in the perspective of because i'm very smart), but you can also banter with Hellhound/Lailah/whoever else so feel free to ask for that.

Happy posting,

-r

Edited by radio414

“Oh dear. It looks like we’re interrupting something.”

This was certainly a different situation than she expected for today. But it sure beat a plain old history, or theology, lesson. There was five of them all surrounding the group. Which was somewhat funny to Thessa. After all, with Lailah's refusal and their declaration of war on Sibyl, that meant that they barely outnumbered them.

And with Thessa there that meant there was far, far, too few to actually be threatening. Poor planning didn't even begin to cover it.

"Well well, I got the impression he might not be the brightest bulb by why would Caesar have you do this now, while I'm here, huh?"

Hellhound didn't answer right away, giving the one behind everyone -- the one dressed like a cat -- time to ask, "Who is she?"

"It's a bold assumption to assume Caesar cares enough about you to track your movements," Hellhound said. "As for why now, the hegemon has just announced his intent to claim what remains of Scarlet City that is not already his. There is no better time to clean up some loose ends."

So he's making a move now was he? It was odd timing to say the least but maybe that's the point. Do it suddenly and fast and maybe he'd be able to get a hold on things before there was enough of a reaction.

"I guess it is pretty bold to think he's smart enough to realize he should." Thessa shot back, a smirk growing on her face. "So I guess the question is now, what does he intend to do with the city once it's his?"

"Oh, he's got big plans," the girl with the mask said. "Caesar's not the sort of person to rest on his laurels once he has something. Once this territory is his, everyone's gonna get to work building a machine that'll let him take over the stars. I hear any dissidents get tickets for the first few test flights. Hope they don't explode..."

Thessa tilted her head, "Oh? Well that could be interesting actually. Hey, do you think I could talk to him? I wanna know how he's gonna get this done." She seemed not to be paying much attention to the situation anymore now that something had caught her interest. That would be something that she hadn't seen done which is a rarity. Of course that assumed that he actually had some way to do such a thing. If not well, that would be really disappointing.

The man on the right laughed. "Now she thinks he's interesting!" he said. "I remember hearing about you. Didn't you have the chance to talk with him yesterday? You're one of the reasons he moved up his plans."

And yet he didn't care enough to track her movements huh? "Well that's nice, good to be able to get people moving. But that didn't answer my question, I want to hear from him what the plan IS. He better have some way to actually do it if he's gonna try something like this."

"And he's saying you're not going to get that chance," the woman on the left said. "It's simple as that."

It was sounding more and more like he didn't actually have a plan at all. Why go through all this trouble with a goal that you had no idea how to reach? What was the point in getting her excited just to dash her hopes like that?

"Ahhhhh...." Thessa groaned, and put a hand to her forehead. "I'm not being very clear am I? Sorry, I should've said this from the start." She sighed. "I don't like when things stay the same but it's worse when people try so hard to make a change without having any way to do it. Worse when they just hurt people along the way for no reason." She kept her eyes on Hellhound. "I'm trying to see if he can give me a reason not to crush your cute little gang right now."

Hellhound smirked as well at that. "Well, we'll have to see about that."

So confident and for what? It made her sad to see such wasted energy on something that wouldn't actually make a difference. "Kids these days...Hey, Miss Angel, sorry but I might end up breaking your church a lil bit."

Seemed like she'd have to put some effort into this one. The fact that these kids didn't think her a threat meant she must have been slacking. It might be worth spending some time to teach them that she didn't last this long by being easily pushed over.

Sibyl wasn't sure what Layla was getting at with her statement but she didn't think it applied to her anyway. After all, the demon girl had always thought herself rotten to the core so she couldn't see any danger in corrupting that which was already steeped in darkness. All the same this train of thought was cut off when someone new came in. A person by the name of Hellhound of which Sibyl was only loosely familiar with, both from past dealings and people liking to bring up other "demonic" related heroes to her at times. The girl didn't really have much of an issue with Hellhound themselves, though for reasons that Sibyl couldn't bother to think about the reverse certainly didn't seem true. There was surely something, or many somethings, she could've done in the past so she didn't really dwell on it, especially as their attention was then taken by the sudden appearance of four more people. 

As Thessa was dealing talking with the Hellhound directly, Sibyl's curious mood seemed to sour almost immediately. Looking at all of the members of the Gibbons gang, with an almost pouting expression the girl said, "you know I liked those stain glass art things. I wanted to look at them more after I was done talking here." Letting out a sigh Sibyl looked towards Lailah saying, "you said they wanted you in your capacity as Archangel here right? Well, looks like you've got no reason to resign then." Her mood taking yet another one-eighty, Sibyl grinned from ear to ear saying, "looks like I get to play at being a hero today! Hoo man, first I get to hear an awesome story and now I get to do something like this! I haven't even had lunch yet." Her second arm became coated in shadows only to then have both the arms become beefier and thicker, turning to her attention to the one in the back and on either sides of them saying, "so which of you sinners wanna go first?" 

“What’s the saying? Power corrupts? Or is it the desire for power that corrupts people? It’s difficult to tell when so many people can do so many different things, I suppose.”

Override listened intently to every word that was spoken, understanding the ins and outs (the best he could). Luckily he had P.I.X.E.L. to assist in the case he failed to catch up on something, the A.I. assistant recording the entire conversation for an easy access to play back afterwards. However, after a while, he received a new message. If anyone noticed, they would've noticed him tapping the side of his armored head. What's the message...? he thought, watching it finally appear on his HUD. And what it was...wasn't great. It was from Victor himself at G3...

"Got an actual fucking S-Class this time. Caesar just declared war on the city. Drop what you're doing and get to Goodale Park. That's our new base of operations for this. Escort any VIPs with you."

...oh no... Override read the message that was pulled up on his visuals. ...at a time like this? Shit...okay, it's okay, so long as nothing happens right now at this location, we should be fi-...

“Oh dear. It looks like we’re interrupting something.”

The armored hero cursed under his breath, seeing Hellhound make an appearance...as well as four more Gibbons members made the scene. The display gave him the names from the G3 Database.... Censer, the one who looked like a type of ninja.... Lucky Cat, the one with the cat ears... Arcturus, the blonde one... and Vambrace, the one with the interesting machinery on his arm. He stood up, assessing the situation they had right now. Currently, it was Hellhound and four of the Gibbons' members...with himself, Thessa, Sybil and the Archangel. The plan right now, according to Victor, was to get to Goodale Park and escort VIPs to that location.

BGM

“Archangel Lailah, by order of Scarlet City’s new hegemon, Caesar of the Gibbons Gang, you are to step down as leader of the Apostles effective immediately.”
“No.”
"Kids these days...Hey, Miss Angel, sorry but I might end up breaking your church a lil bit."
"so which of you sinners wanna go first?"

It seemed like the others were all fired up for this...but instead of joining in with the banter, Override made a move. "I do hope you'll forgive any property damage from our side, Archangel." he quickly said, before immediately lifting his right arm towards Hellhound and immediately shot a pulse bolt straight towards them, making sure to only hit the person...not the dog.

The moment the pulse bolt shot out, Censer made the next move, moving immediately in front of Hellhound and slamming a smoke bomb down in front of them. The pulse bolt passed through the smoke without hitting them...and slammed right into a church wall.

"...perfect..." Override finally groaned, lowering his hand for a moment. "...now I'm aiding in desecrating a church. Bad enough I'm a lapsed saint...now I get to burn as well." This just wasn't his day, though he rolled his shoulders some, noticing both Hellhound and Censer making a rush towards them. "Make sure the Archangel is secured. If anything, get out of here and go to the rendezvous point! I'll cover you!" And so, Override had his repulsors flare to life as he rushed towards the two.

All This I Do For Glory

“It’s alright,” the Archangel Lailah said. “These things can always be rebuilt. There are crews, artisans who can restore everything to its original state if you pay them well enough, and I am sure that the Church could find the necessary funds if asked politely. I hear there is even a woman who can reshape whole buildings to her liking now, though I believe she is currently a Gibbon if I remember correctly.”

“I wouldn’t go speaking even more ill of Babs,” Lucky Cat, the woman who had burst in behind everybody, said. “She’s already panicked hearing about that shitty mural last week… feeling threatened… nearly inconsolable. If she starts to worry more, won’t be able to be held responsible for our actions.” Lucky Cat had taken a spot in one of the nearby pews and had propped up her feet, clearly not taking any of this all that seriously, though a closer inspection revealed that she was generating a dreadful sort of aura, expanding outwards from her and increasing at a noticeable pace.

“Alright,” Lailah said. “Well, I am sure it doesn't mean anything, but you have my apologies. For both this and what happens after.” She raised her voice and mirrored what Thessa had just proclaimed. “Carol, my friend, perhaps it would be best to get the Union on the line? And stay right there, it may get a little hectic.”

Not that Sibyl probably needed to see it, but The Fates had sent her a slew of messages as well. 

sup gamerrrr

hey just to let you know

got an all hands on deck thing going on at goodale

so you know

bring all four hands

or as many hands as you cna manage these days lol

see you soon bestie

*can

It may have been for the best if she didn’t see it, since Hellhound and Censer were already charging in. Censer threw down another layer of smoke and Hellhound and she burst through it once again. The two were almost upon the group, now. Hellhound’s little dog was running alongside them, though “little” was becoming less and less of an accurate descriptor. The beast that used to just be carried around in a satchel of sorts was now waist-height, and had grown a few extra appendages out of its back that had what looked like feelers at the end of them. The dog was starting to look more like a cat, too, and it was still changing, growing bigger still.

The biggest worry for the four in the middle, though, was Arcturus. She had risen back up into the air, hands in front of her stomach, between which she had developed a little ball of wind, a little gust of energy, and, when she was satisfied, she sent it into the middle of the group. It was not aimed at anybody in particular -- that wasn’t the point of it. The point was to separate them all, a force- a shunting that drove the four capes apart, one in each direction. Victor to the east -- her way -- the Archangel northward towards Lucky Cat, Sibyl down towards Censer and Hellhound, and Thessa westward away from her towards Vambrace who was charging up the machines on his wrist and ready to strike.

OOC

Spoiler
Spoiler

Subtitle is a Colin Stetson album

map

Some details, mostly, and a bit of changing the timbre of the fight. I don't think Sibyl had any problems fighting before but I couldn't help but bring up some of that extra info I mentioned was available last post, namely the texts, Gibbons' reaction to her mural (I'm sure it's not shitty, Cat's just being mean), and I guess an implicit answer to her question of who gets to go first. There's also more broadly a bit more information about everyone's power sets.

Hellhound has their dog which can change form and they can command
Censer has smoke she can create and manipulate the properties of
Vambrace is a tinker and works with his gauntlets
and Lucky Cat, like her boss, has some sort of aura, though this one seems to grow, especially when she's not moving

Happy posting, let me know if you have any more questions

-r

Edited by radio414

"Make sure the Archangel is secured. If anything, get out of here and go to the rendezvous point! I'll cover you!"

Thessa giggled. "Don't think you get it, I'm not going anywhere, it shouldn't take long to take these kids out."

“It’s alright,”

Thessa was glad that she had been given the okay. Honestly she probably would have done it anyway but being allowed to do something made it a lot less of a problem then when she just did something and someone got upset. She was all primed to take on the two charging towards them, she was particularly interested in that weird cat thing that used to be a dog, but she soon found herself being pushed away.

Her feet lifted off the ground a few inches as she was pushed off towards the guy with the metal on his arm. Thessa twisted her body so that she was facing him while moving through the air and used the momentum to wind up a punch.

Usually in a fight she tried not to use her power much at all. If she could get away with using her regular training and strength then all the better. When she was forced to use more she tried to only use enough that she could beat whoever she was facing. But it seemed to her that these people, both the gang members and her own ally, needed a reminder that she was unstoppable.

"Guess you'll be first, after I'm done here your boss is gonna regret not keeping a closer eye on me!" She pulled back her fist and went for a punch as she got close enough.

Vambrace clearly didn't expect her to be the one to make the first move but his arm still moved in response to her attack. Thessa's eyes narrowed slightly as she saw it happen, it was almost as though his arm had moved without his input. Either way it managed to deflect her punch to the side. "Neat!" she said as she brought her legs lower so that her feet touched the floor, shattering the tile underfoot with the impact, and brought her other fist up in a swift uppercut.

Vambrace's right arm moved to block, but he took a step and leaned back so the uppercut missed instead, after which he leaned back in and throws a punch with his left arm.

Thessa smirked as the jab came in, and reached a hand up to intercept the fist, grabbing onto the hand. "Now now, you're getting ahead of yourself."

The man dropped down, with Thessa still gripping his fist, and went to use his legs to tackle her down to the ground. Thessa gave a short hop, the tile cracking more under her, and pulled up on the arm she was holding while going for another punch with her other fist.

Vambrace blocked with the free arm, and Thessa gave a laugh as her fist hit the metal. "Oooh it's pretty sturdy maybe I'll have to really hit it next time." She noticed thrusters activate in the man's wrist guard and felt him pulling away.

With a smirk Thessa let go and took a couple steps back as Vambrace essentially flew backwards. Thessa put her arms up in the air and stretched her body. "It's a shame, you made something this nice and in the end it's just gonna be broken. Guess you'll get to see how much it can take before that though, always a bright side!"

Sibyl raised an eyebrow at the comment about her mural last week. She only vaguely remembered the name "Babs" to begin with, associating it with the faceless woman who made the building she had assaulted a fun house, and wasn't even sure why they were panicking about it. Her own confusion and the first move being made by the villains distracted her entirely from her phone buzzing rapidly buzzing in her pocket. All the same, she whistled as one of the villains took to the sky and pushed her back towards two - three - other coming enemies. Her expression shifted to a smile as she said, "so you're the first takers, gotcha!" Funneling shadow into her arm, the clawed arm became larger and wider before the girl then took a swing with it, extending it out and sending her enlarged palm to swat at both Hellhound and their dog-cat thing.

Hellhound themselves jumped over the large shadow palm, while the dog seemed to be completely unfazed. It wasn't as though it took the hit like a champ, no it was closer to as if the attack had never even hit them in the first place. Her hand seemed to just pass through the creature, causing the girl's eyes to widen with a wild look. "Ooooh, that's a neat trick." Her mind seemed split in two, one that wanted to see if the hound's trick was just a one off and the other wanting to strike at Hellhound themselves. Thankfully, Sibyl was gifted with the ability to satisfy both of her instincts at once. As she back swung her palm towards the hound again, a second smaller arm grew out form her shoulder and stretched towards Hellhound. 

Her second swing passed through the hound just as it had before. The second strike, however, was slowed by the sudden smoke being sent at it from Censer and then grabbed by something else; the tendrils of the hound. Looking at it, she realized what she had been swatting before was nothing more than an illusion. The real hound had been now grabbing onto her second arm, dragging it down. Her grin widening she said, "well, two can play at that game!" The arm that was being dragged suddenly grew a lot more limb, and the fingers of the hand seemed to suddenly merge back into the shadow arm. Then, it started to elongate and attempted to wrap around the tendrils of the hound, turning into a tendril itself, before attempting to whip the arm to the side to similarly whip the hound. 

Override did what he planned on...he rushed towards Hellhound and Censer...what he didn't anticipate, however...was Arcturus and the shunting, knocking all the Capes...including him...in different directions. And unfortunately for the tech hero, Override was now facing down Arcturus. "Great...P.I.X.E.L., give me a reading on Blondie over here...I need to know what I'm up against." he said quickly, doing his absolute best to stay focused.

"At once sir. Do be careful until I finish the analysis."

"It's me we're talking about...I'll be fine." Override smirked under his helmet. He looked upward, seeing Arcturus flying overhead. Lifting his arms upward, Override immediately fired off a few pulse bolts in her direction. Unfortunately, she was quick enough to dodge the shots...which just ended up going through the church's roof. ...perfect... he thought, before noticing Arcturus beginning to charge another ball of energy. "P.I.X.E.L., I'm going in closer...how's that reading coming along?"

"If you were to get in closer, I believe we may get at least a bit more information added..."

"Thinking on the same wavelength then." he simply said, his repulsors firing to life as he rushed upward into the air. Barreling towards Arcturus, a deflector shield began to slowly form from the NOVA Armor's arm as he immediately bashing her with it. "I wouldn't keep trying that trick if I were y-..." Shockingly, while she was hit back with the shield bashing, Arcturus released the energy ball in place and once more, they were shunted away...the two basically separating almost immediately. "...alright, I stand corrected. P.I.X.E.L., tell me you got something..."

At once, Override's HUD was flooded with a few images and information following. "It seems that miss Arcturus is only able to fly by utilizing the very same energy she's made prior. It seems that she can generate smaller versions of the energy spheres around her and with their individual shunts...they generate lift and thrust."

"So she's making use of the energy she has to be able to fly by generating lift and thrust...impressive." Override nodded, shifted slightly in the air as he kept staring at her. "Same time, while it is an impressive display of power, we're going to have to take her down regardless!" He immediately fired another pulse bolt in her direction, before swiftly rushing towards her. Maneuvering around her to get to her back, he had the shield generate once more, planning to bash into her back.

Unfortunately, she was prepared for this two pronged attack. First, she dodged the bolt...and once Override got close with the shield, she turned and immediately shunted him away with another burst of energy. "Such a fancy suit and you've only got two tricks?" Arcturus said. "I admit, I was hoping better of you."

"Says the flying lightning bug..." Override scoffed, backing up in the air. "Little energy balls being conjured up to where you just use em offensively and gives you an ability to fly...sounds to me like you're a two trick pony to me."

"Lightning Bug is a different cape. She doesn't fly, I don't think."

"Not the point." Override shook his head, stabilizing himself in the air some. "What is the point, is that you and your associates are not going to be able to get out of this unscathed. We'll send you packing back to Caesar..." At this point, he didn't care how he pronounced it, he just wanted to get the point across. At the same time...how am I going to get this one squared away? Best I can do is what I have been...and she continues to shunt me away...think McCoy...THINK!!!

Quarters!

Vambrace flew parallel to the floor but not too far above it before lowering himself to the ground a good distance away from Aeon and pushing himself to his feet. The first thing he did was check his equipment. It wouldn’t be good if she broke it with just one punch, but she also stated her intentions of doing just that the second time it got in the way like that. Its thrusters had activated properly and the diagnostics he could run in what time he had were coming up green, but it was better safe than sorry.

What did he know about Aeon? Only what he had heard, and the rumors were various. He’d had her wiki page once upon a time while waiting for a new update to compile, but hundreds of years of history would not fit in his brain no matter how much he read so he mostly skimmed it. Everything else he knew, he learned from Legion and his recounting of Aeon’s meeting with Caesar, which was not exactly helpful from a combat perspective. For fighting, he just had to go by instinct. "Punching’s going nowhere," he said to himself, which was a problem since punching with a tinker-tech gauntlet was his thing. "Just going to get grabbed and thrown or who knows what else. But she is still just a Brawler at the end of the day."

He pumped his fists, boxing the air a little as he turned back towards Aeon, who was still standing there, patiently waiting with a goofy grin on her face for him to return to the fray. "Trust the plan," he told himself. "At least keep her busy."

And he charged back in.

Names, to Arcturus, really did matter. To have a cape name taken directly from the stars only meant one thing in Scarlet City: an affiliation with The Zodiac in general and Ophiuchus in specific. To keep it after defecting, as she had, was a massive insult, and a calculated one at that. Arcturus wanted that fucking snake to know exactly how much she despised him. It was smothering, working for the Zodiac. Everything had to be done just so, exactly the way Ophiuchus wanted, and if it wasn’t, then you might as well not exist to him. A small-time group might be assimilated all at once only for Ophiuchus to, despite the group's natural chemistry, tear the group apart because he "knew better." It was like buying a car, a perfectly good automobile, just to scrap it for parts.

To continue the metaphor, she was like the catalytic converter. Maybe it was the pride talking, but Arcturus had been the most valuable member of her gang. Ophiuchus saw her as valuable by herself. A car can still run without its converter, of course, but not as well, and after everyone else went on a fatal mission she wasn’t there, well, it was a pretty heavy last straw.

Caesar, though, let her do whatever the fuck she wanted. Some of that, she was pretty sure, was just so she could parade around wearing her newfound allegiance on her sleeve -- her name was as much Caesar’s insult as it was hers -- but also, as long as she did the occasional errand like this, she could fly up as high as she could and mourn absent friends in silence for all Caesar cared.

Override’s threat was empty. He was clearly grasping at straws. It was almost a pity. She could have stood to play with him a little longer, but no, now was the time to go on the offensive. She sent her next ball of energy up to the ceiling. The ball’s shunt was targeting the rafters, breaking off one of the church’s many support beams, and, with accuracy only someone who had done this all her life could demonstrate, she sent it and some of the nearby ceiling crashing down on Override’s head.

Hellhound and Censer found themselves in quite the predicament, or Hellhound did, and Censer wasn’t about to leave her teammate behind. “More smoke,” Censer said. “Better smoke. Uh.” She threw out some more, but it still didn’t have much effect on Sibyl’s shadowy appendages whipping around Hellhound’s dog/cat/thing. “Give me a second. Uh.”

“You don’t really have a second, but I’ll do my best,” Hellhound said. They let out a little whistle, reverting their dog back to his normal, diminutive size, but at least without tentacled appendages interlocking and throwing everything into chaos, he and Sibyl were separated, and the dog was safe to recover for a moment at least. 

“Take cover behind the pews then, just buy whatever time you can!”

Censer wasn’t exactly hiding as she let out the occasional “Uh,” or “No…” and shot up the occasional cloud of smoke behind one of the church’s many pews, but Hellhound did indeed do their best. It only took a second for their dog to leap out in a new form, full of confidence and without any of the damage Sibyl might have inflicted on him by swinging him around as she had. The dog still flickered in and out of reality, though; it appeared he had not entirely left the world of illusory tricks behind.

“Nice place you got,” Lucky Cat said as Lailah picked herself back up from Arcturus’ shunting. “I was never really a church person, but I might change my mind if these are the sorts of hangout spots you got. You hiring?” She was still sitting back in one of the pews, legs propped up on the one in front of her, not making a move toward fighting at all, but it was still quite clear to both parties that the question was rhetorical at best.

Still, Lailah responded as best she could. “It’s… I am sure we could find a congregation who would welcome you with open arms if you wanted,” she said. “It would be no trouble at all.”

“Mm, I dunno.” Lucky Cat stood up and stretched, rubbing her shoulders and twisting around. “I’ve got a pretty sweet gig going on right now with the Gibbons, would hate to give that up. You know Caesar’s posts little bounties? Want to bet who’s gotten most of them?”

Lailah didn’t respond. She was trying to access her power, but Lucky Cat’s aura was throwing a wrench in things. It wasn’t that it was completely disabled, no, the little balls of light were still there orbiting around her, she wasn’t cut off, but the mental effort required was more than she was used to. Every so often, an angel would flicker into view, but it was only for a moment, it was never long enough for it to actually do anything.

Lucky Cat only laughed.

Lailah switched tactics, giving up on her power and instead running in, but as soon as she took a few steps, her foot got caught on her dress and she fell back down to the ground.

“Ooh, bad luck!” Lucky Cat said. “That seems to happen often to other people, but never to me. I guess a cat always lands on her feet, you know?” She made a little cat paw motion with her hands and walked forward towards Lailah. Despite her bravado, her steps were shaky too. “But this is fun! What do you think’s going to happen next?”

OOC

Spoiler

Subtitle is a King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard album. It felt apropos here since, you know, you're split into fourths. I mean, I guess the PCs are split into thirds and Lailah's also there, but, you know.

There'll be a map when I remember, but I promise that'll be sooner than "oh right i drew that a week ago and just added it to the previous post as this one was going up" promise. I'll also get some NPC information about your five assailants into that document sometime in the next two days, but hopefully this post gives some better ideas as to the powers of your opponents. I'll try to be less vague in DMs too now that the fight's in full swing.

Happy posting,

-r

Thessa took the moment to take a glance at what the others were doing. Overall it was...a bit underwhelming. She knew she shouldn't expect too much from normal folk but she very much hoped they had another gear to take it up higher than that.

Speaking of which. "Guess I'm still holding back, sorry, it's kind of a force of habit ya know what I mean? But I'm sure I'll get over it and you'll get to see some real power soon."

As he approached her, looking so very determined, Thessa decided to answer his determination with some destruction. She glanced over at the wooden pews, screwed into the ground, and smirked. "I did warn her." Thessa grabbed the ends of the pew and lifted it up, tearing it from the ground before throwing it towards Vambrace. She followed along behind it, keeping up with it but avoiding overtaking the flying object.

Instead of avoiding it in any way the villain instead chose to use his gauntlet to go straight through it, and the pew shattered into pieces. The wood scattered about as if it were hit by an explosion.

Thessa hadn't really cared how he reacted as it didn't change her next move. As he hit the pew she sped up and, ducking under it herself, swung her left fist up towards the man's stomach.

She was impressed by how fast the gauntlet moved, managing to partially deflect the hit without directly blocking it. However this, and the wooden distraction she had provided, meant that she was able to get a glancing blow in which was enough to feel the breaking of a rib. "You really should protect your body better this next one gonna hurt."

Thessa then sent a jab with her right first towards his chest, intentionally giving him some time to block it. She was getting eager to see if the device could hold up to her attacks for long.

Instead it seemed that he was intent to deflect her attacks. He knocked her fist above his shoulder as he ducked down and went to kick her legs out from under her.

Thessa frowned. "Well that's no fun, I was giving you a chance to test it out, but if you're gonna be like that." Thessa sped up once again, back stepping out of the way of the kick and driving her fist full force towards the man's leg. The speed forced Vambrace to block the blow this time and a loud CLANG rang out and echoed around the church. Thessa felt the device shuddering on impact. It still looked like it's all together, though Vambrace's eyes widened and he immediately jumped back and went to check it again.

"No time for that, I'm ending this game now, there's still four more of you to take down!" Thessa leapt forward with a burst and brought a fist down towards Vambrace. Right before she hit the man raised his arm and pointed the gauntlet towards her. She could see above his wrist something popped out which very clearly looked like a cannon.

It felt like one too as he blasted her midair. She was sent soaring back and landed onto the ground with a loud cracking as even more of the floor fell victim to her body.

"Sorry if it's not honorable, but you're not going to break my life's work that easily."

Thessa began to laugh as she stood back up. "Some firepower in there huh." It had hurt, sure, but her body didn't seem nearly as worse for wear as it should have been. Her clothes seemed more damaged than herself, in fact. "Don't gotta worry about honor, this fight is stacked against you, I don't mind a few handicaps."

She stretched her back and let out a breath. "Plus this is about to hurt a lot more than your cannon." She charged forward yet again, seemingly just as recklessly as before, but when he fired another shot she swiftly ducked to the side and dodged the blast. Before he could manage to get a third she had caught up to him.

Her punches came in fast and heavy. It seemed she was done going for singular large swings and instead began to lay a flurry of blows. The gauntlet managed to block some of them and Thessa grinned in a wild satisfaction as the cannon portion broke off of the rest of it. She could feel her fist strike against flesh and bone as well, and Thessa didn't let up.

She had to be sure that he regretted taking her on, this entire fight was her message to Caesar and it seemed she'd have to pound that message into his underlings first.

Seeing the hound that she had just been fighting come back in a new form, the girl grinned wildly. "Oh, so you got a second dog huh? Let's see if it's as awesome as the first!" The tendril on her shoulder whipped downward towards the hound, only for the dog to vanish from its position and reappear instantly more forward. As her tentacle smashed against the pew, now, behind the dog a laugh escaped Sibyl's mouth. "Ooooh, now that is freaking cool!" Sibyl wasn't exactly sure the mechanics of the dog's power, though it seemed similar to Alder's now, and she didn't really care to get into the nitty gritty of it. She just wanted to see what more it could do and wanted to push the mutt even further. As the dog landed on her arm, beginning to run up it she yelled, "going up!" Whipping her arm upward, the girl watched as the dog was flung up and off of it only to then disappear. Looking downward, she brought her arm back to her and saw the dog safely on the ground. "That's what I thought...well, standing around isn't gonna do anything!" 

The girl moved from her standing position, running towards the dog which in turn moved towards her. Reeling back her hand, she shot her large shadow fist towards the dog only for it to blink to the side once more. "Ugh, fine!" Sibyl's attention then snapped to where this voice came from, seeing that Hellhound, annoyed, had come back into the fray and tossed a wire that latched onto the other side of the aisle she and the dog had been running down. 

"Joining back in huh!? Glad to have you!" The girl laughed as she skidded to a stop, her arm she had just punched with growing larger then before. Turning it to the side, she swiped the enormous clawed hand towards the dog, the beast not avoiding it this time and being swatted away from the battlefield. Her arm didn't stop, however, as she continued to tear up the room and crash through several more pews in an attempt to grab at Hellhound themselves. The villain had ample time to react as a result, scrambling away from the arm and into the isle. 

"Okay, I got it!" Censer had stepped back into the fray, only eliciting more manic laughter from Sibyl. 

"Another one!? Oh this is great!" Sibyl grabbed a chunk of the broken pew before shouting, "then let's play catch!"

The chunk of wood went flying into the large cloud of smoke that had been up in front of the two villains, which had stopped the projectile completely in its tracks. Seeing the wood harmlessly fall to the ground Sibyl said, "oooooh, you can make hard smoke huh? I wonder if that makes us a good fit for each other, ahahaha!" The girl stretched her arm quickly towards Censer, only for the smoke to get in the way of her shadowed claw and stop it in its tracks. Then, while still pushing against it, her fingers slowly started to sink into the smoke. Rather than brute force her way through with rapid punches, Sibyl instead just kept pushing her arm, which slowly grew larger still, with each clawed looking like it was trying to close up into a fist to grab and crush both the smoke and anything behind it. 

His mind was working over time...and honestly, it wasn't a great process. Try as he might, Override couldn't think of anything different to change up this interaction with Arcturus. Do one thing, get shunted away...do another thing, shunted away. It would be a constant battle with this, leading way into insanity by just thinking he could get a different outcome than the most obvious outcome that was presented. And if he was one thing, it wasn't insane. ...c'mon McCoy...you can do this, you just need to focus on this... he thought, just about the time he noticed the opposition move.

A ball of energy was shot up to the ceiling, targeting the rafters above. Override's HUD started scanning, and what he saw in the direction of the attack wasn't something good. "The support beams?!" he shouted, watching the support beam and debris from the ceiling come crashing his direction. "Shit...not a lot of time to act..." he cursed, before analyzing the view he had. Actually...wait...hit the debris with the pulse shots...after that, once the support beam comes closer...YES!! That might present damage on both sides, but I can at least recover due to the armor.

A plan of action was in his mind, now it was time to execute it. "P.I.X.E.L., prepare the suit for some major input. It's gonna get a bit hairy."

"I feel this is not a great idea, but as you wish, sir."

Override raised both of his arms upward, firing off pulse bolts at the raining debris from the ceiling. One, two, three...four...even five! He reduced the falling debris to nothing, but now came the hard part. "Alright...here goes nothing!" he shouted, firing off a few pulse bolts at the falling support beam. It began to break down quickly, though when it finally was removed as a threat, there was a blow back between himself and Arcturus, along with splinters...lot's of splinters. While Override was blown back, the armor kept him out of harms way with the splinters. Arcturus on the other hand, was blown back and having to raise her arms to block the flying splinters that came her way. "Now!" His repulsors flared to life as he proceeded to rocket towards the young lady, closing the distance immediately. The armored hero grabbed and gripped the young woman's arms, the two of them practically flying right out the roof...the plan was to pin her against the ceiling...but obviously that wasn't going to win.

"Few variables not accounted for...but least now you won't be trying that stunt again!" Override simply said, pushing her further and further from the church.

Arcturus simply smiled. "Don't tell me what I will or won't be doing," she said. Though Victor had her arms, she managed to generate another orb of energy, one that seeped out of her stomach and through her shirt, and blew them apart again.

"Tch..." Override regained his footing (...er...his place in the air then) and just looked at Arcturus. "Then how about you surrender of your own volition and we call it a day? Leave the Archangel out of it...besides, what does Caesar want with her anyway?"

Thirds!

The offer to surrender was a weird one when Arcturus was pretty sure she was winning, or, at least, not losing. Override had managed to hit her, what, like twice? And one of those was a glancing blow at best while she was distracted between splinters flying everywhere and catching a glimpse of Aeon delivering the mother of all beatdowns to Vambrace. Could she have saved him? Maybe forced her way through the splinters and pull Aeon off of him? No, she wasn’t going to think like that. Not right now.

As for the question that was worth answering, “Let me tell you something about Caesar,” Arcturus said, pronouncing her gang leader’s name exactly how one might expect. “Everything he does has a singular goal behind it: the accumulation of power. Sometimes he accumulates power by making people wait an extra few hours for a meeting, sometimes he does it by declaring war on the whole city. It’s all the same to him.

“But here’s a big secret. I had to figure this out for myself; I don’t even think that Bitch down there knows. Hellhound, sorry. Inside joke. But Caesar: There’s no ulterior motive for what he does. It’s all power for power’s sake. That’s it. Call it what you want. You can call it sad, you can call it immature, but it’s the truth. What’s he want with the Archangel? Hallowed be her name? Fucked if I know. But if you want me to guess, it’s probably just holding someone like her increases his prestige.”

Arcturus started maneuvering around the sky again, letting off more balls of energy that hung lazily in the air as she did so. “Before you ask, I don’t mind,” she said. “If anything, I think knowing all this gives me a little power over him too.”

She turned to face Override once more. “All this to say, it’s nothing personal,” she said. “We’re all just trying to get by.” With that, she formed one final bean which she aimed square at Override’s chest.

“I’m sorry about Damian,” Censer whispered while she and Hellhound were in the middle of the smoke.

“He’s fine.” Hellhound was much louder, and there was no hint of worry in their voice. “I would know if he wasn’t fine. Can she hear us in this?”

“Probably. I was focused more on the visual and the physical than blocking out sound, though I could try to do more if I had more time.”

“You don’t have more time,” Hellhound said, now making it clear they didn’t care whether Sibyl could hear them or not. “If she’s smart enough, she’ll probably just squeeze her way in -- probably already is, actually -- so we make do with what we have.” They reached into their bag and pulled out a small device, just about the size of a tennis ball. Their voice lowered to a whisper as they described their plan. “So, she’s got the range advantage on us, so we close in, you use enough smoke to block but not enough to get in the way, and when you can, try and get some on her head so she can’t see or even get out of the cloud quickly. On my mark…”

Censer sounded worried. “Doesn’t that-”

“Yeah, this is going to hurt,” Hellhound said. “It is what we have, though. Mark!”

As they called out their signal, the ball let out a flash of light that pierced even through Censer’s black smoke and, with a “FWUMPH” sound, expelled both the smoke in the area and disrupted Sibyl’s surrounding limb. Hellhound winced but quickly recovered to charge Sibyl, and though Censer took a little longer, she fell in behind all the same.

Finally, Lailah was finally able to manifest one of her angels, a standard archangel wielding an equally standard longsword replacing one of her little orbs of light. The angel took a few swings at Lucky Cat as Lailah pulled herself back to her feet. Unfortunately, the angel was just as affected by Lucky Cat’s aura as everything else, and though luck was returning to normal, certain factors such as increased gravity still lingered, and the sword strokes were not as strong nor as precise as they could have. Lucky Cat dodged them with ease.

“You’re running out of time, you know,” Lucky Cat said. “We weren’t expecting you to have guests, let alone capes, but I’ve got some Legion on me all the same. If Caesar’s paying attention, he’ll already have sent more people to help. And if those don’t work, he’ll send some more. And some more.” Her aura changed again and suddenly she and Lailah had switched places, narrowly causing the angel’s sword to strike its mistress, though it managed to catch itself in time. “It’s purely a numbers game. If I were you, and I somehow managed to get away from all this, I’d get out of here as soon as possible. Run somewhere and hide and never peek your head out again. Sure, I guess that means the end of your religion and therefore the world or whatever, but it’s a small price to pay to -”

“No!” Lailah shouted. And with that burst of willpower, the angel disappeared and from her other orb of light came forth a six-winged being. It covered its eyes with two of its wings, its feet with two more, and only flew with the other two, hovering inches off the ground. “No,” Lailah said again, calmer this time. She was finally on her feet once again. “You will not have me.” Her new angel removed its wings covering its eyes, and from those eyes, it fired a beam of pure light that struck Lucky Cat square in the chest and sent her flying all the way to the back wall.

Now it was Lucky Cat’s turn to pull herself back up, but she did so with a smile on her face. “Ahh, now things get to be interesting, huh?”

OOC

Spoiler
Spoiler

Subtitle is probably a song or something. I just thought it was fitting. They don't all have to be musical.

I didn't do a map because I realized there wasn't much that had changed. I mean, there was more rubble and maybe there were some minor positioning changes but it wasn't really enough, plus people were already pinging me for more information. So here's what I'll do. If you do need something more concrete, I'll be happy to provide it, but for now, I think the theater of the mind has been working well enough so far.

I didn't include anything for Thessa besides the one character who's paying attention/can see feeling guilty because I wasn't sure which fight she'd like to join next. I guess Arcturus/Override is a bit out of her reach now but maybe you take that as a challenge? Lucky Cat/Lailah is probably the safest if you don't want to step on any toes, but maybe someone else looks more pressing, idk, something to work out with everyone else. Or just do because Thessa seems like that sort of person. 

You other two I think have pretty self-explanatory things to react to. It's late, I'm tired, and recovering from a bit of a funk, so maybe I missed something. Let me know. Or let me know if you need anything else, of course.

Keep on keeping on,

-r

Edited by radio414

"Ah, down already huh." Thessa said as her opponent was knocked unconscious. It was bound to happen she was just glad she realized before she hit a knocked out guy a few times that would be embarrassing.

She took the time to check out her options. "So, who's next..." Sibyl seemed to be fighting two at once. Thessa didn't know what that smoke was but it didn't look to be bothering her that badly. The other cape was having some troubles. Maybe he'd like a hand. She considered heading over there but something that Lucky Cat said got her attention.

She started in that direction and shouted. She didn't know how well Legion's....hearing was and she didn't want to repeat herself.

"Oh so he can hear us right now? Great, I want to tell him something. Ya really messed up this one, kid. You can send as many people as you want. In fact you can send everyone you have it doesn't matter. I'll just take them all down. And after I'll be paying you a visit myself, and this time I won't wait before coming in."

"There are people worse than me you know, and I'm pretty fucking cool."

Thessa noticed that the woman sounded quieter, like speaking through a veil that dampened the sound, and got closer to hear her better. She didn't really know how to gauge how strong Lucky Cat was but even with the knowledge that these aren't the toughest among the gang...

"Yeah? I mean that doesn't really matter. You all really don't get it, do you?" She smiled and put one hand on her hip and waved the other nonchalantly. "You know what Aeon means? Well, it means a really long time but besides that. It's a philosophical thing too. An absolute being. That's what I am. There's no one in the world that can beat me no matter how strong they are."

Lucky Cat had managed to get back up and was dusting herself off, and Thessa noticed her returning to normal levels as she said, "Yeah, I guess we all think we're too cool for school. But I know you're not the end-all be-all because he's busy rescuing stray cats or putting wayward grocery carts away or some shit. And besides, even poor little Vambrace managed to land a hit on you, so maybe I'll figure something out."

DEUS again. Thessa didn't really mind people always bringing up DEUS as the strongest. That was just the kind of thing that she had gotten used to. Yet she couldn't shake the feeling that people weren't taking her seriously. Not to mention DEUS wasn't here and she was.

She could afford to kick it up a little bit right?

Suddenly Lucky Cat vanished. Completely disappeared from view as though she had turned invisible.

"I'm sure there's something you'll figure out." Thessa replied. The moment that she couldn't see Lucky Cat Thessa moved right for where the girl had just been, while trying to listen for movement.

She didn't expect to reach her in time, Thessa was moving faster but not instant speed or anything, and when she reached the spot Lucky Cat was not there. She felt a tapping on her left shoulder and, without hesitation, Thessa swung her arm around in an attempt to catch the girl.

It seemed the cat was pretty agile but Thessa felt her fist clipping something, perhaps the woman's arm, and heard her respond. "Little stupid," she hisses through her teeth. "But sometimes you just gotta do it."

Thessa immediately went for a roundhouse kick, aiming for what she thought would be the center of mass based on where she heard the voice, but suddenly she was in a different position. It took Thessa a moment to realize that she had swapped positions with Lucky Cat, who was now behind her and visible, but she turned to face her when the realization hit.

"Close! Might actually get there in one or two more go-arounds."

Thessa wasn't sure if the woman was talking to herself or to Thessa. Either way it sounded troublesome. While it wouldn't last long Lucky Cat seemed to be crouched down and facing the other way, likely having been in the middle of dodging her kick, so Thessa moved into action.

Once again she grabbed a nearby pew, ripping it out of the floor with even more ease than before, and swung it in an arc towards Lucky Cat, "Guess I'll just make sure we don't 'go-around' any longer!"

Sibyl could hear the two conversing through the smoke but what they were saying didn't really matter to her. If they were scared shitless of her then that was whatever, but if they were planning on doing something to her then she couldn't wait to see what they were about to hit her with. The hand continued to push its way through the smoke until finally there was no more hand. Sibyl's eyes went wide with surprise as a light cut through the smoke, destroying the shadows that made up her enlarged hand in an instant. Dumbfounded for a second, Sibyl looked in awe before finally breaking into a much wider grin. "That's what I'm talking about! Come on, show me more!" 

Her other arm had turned into a tentacle which she swung at the two as her other arm retracted back to its original size. As Censer threw up a wall of smoke to block her tentacle arm, Sibyl decided to finally move from her position and run towards Hellhound. Meeting them mid charge, Sibyl threw a punch towards the villain's face with them throwing their arms up to take the punch for them. "Nice block, but let's get those out of the way!" The girl's hand changed into a crab claw as she went to grab and pull the villain's arm. 

Hellhound, being agile as they were, ducked under the swing with Censer now coming around the side of Sibyl. The one in front of her balled their hand up and went for an uppercut. The one to the side went to kick her leg. Sibyl's expression turned wild as she said, "ganging up ain't very nice. But I like the hustle!" Hellhound, thinking they were in prime position to strike Sibyl didn't realize how dangerous their position was, as an arm suddenly grew out from Sibyl's stomach, punching them in the face before they could even go back up with their own. Sibyl's leg then lurched to the side as Censer kicked her, only to swing her tentacle arm and swat the smoke generating villain away. 

Turning to face Hellhound the girl then did a direct punch with their third arm into the recoiling villain, following by striking their face with their original arm. "Come on, come on, I thought you were both gonna bring it in close to beat me! Hahahaha!" A tendril shot out of her back, wrapping itself around Censer's neck as they had been trying to recover, strangling them. "Is that it? Any more smoke? Any new forms for your dog? Any more punches you want to throw?! Come on, come on, come on!" The girl started swinging Censer around by the while continuing to repeatedly punch Hellhound until the both of them would lose consciousness, having the time of her life while doing so. 

“Let me tell you something about Caesar. Everything he does has a singular goal behind it: the accumulation of power. Sometimes he accumulates power by making people wait an extra few hours for a meeting, sometimes he does it by declaring war on the whole city. It’s all the same to him."

Override shook his head a little, already knowing the basic steps of how Caesar worked, recalling most of the information provided to them in the dossiers. However, rather than tell Arcturus that he knew all this, he relented and let her speak. It was obvious she probably wanted to get some of this stuff off her chest.

“But here’s a big secret. I had to figure this out for myself; I don’t even think that Bitch down there knows. Hellhound, sorry. Inside joke. But Caesar: There’s no ulterior motive for what he does. It’s all power for power’s sake. That’s it. Call it what you want. You can call it sad, you can call it immature, but it’s the truth. What’s he want with the Archangel? Hallowed be her name? Fucked if I know. But if you want me to guess, it’s probably just holding someone like her increases his prestige.”

"No ulterior motive? I find that hard to believe..." Override finally spoke up, crossing his arms slightly. "Everyone has a motive and method to their own personal madness. Caesar is no exception."

“Before you ask, I don’t mind. If anything, I think knowing all this gives me a little power over him too. All this to say, it’s nothing personal. We’re all just trying to get by.”

"Same time...if this gives you power of him like you say, you could use it a bit more to your advantage and put that information to better use." he said, watching her lazily letting off more energy balls in the air...before turning and firing off a bean of energy his direction. "One trick pony still..." he said, already beginning to pull up his energy shield.

"Sir! I think you may need to reconsid-..."

But it was too late, Override deployed the energy shield, blocking the energy bean. "...so, you going to come quietly then?"

Arcturus smiled. "Hardly," she said. Instead of surrendering, she raised her right hand and snapped her fingers.

The bean exploded! Just like all the others, it shunted Victor backwards, but instead of just forcing him backwards a small distance, it sent him right into the range of another orb she had planted earlier, which too exploded, shunting Victor somewhere else where another bean was waiting for him, and on and on, hitting each little mine Arcturus had planted earlier, until the last one sent him plummeting to the ground, cracking the asphalt parking lot.

"How about this?" Arcturus called down to him. "If you stand down, I won't do that again." She was already lazily drifting about the sky, repopulating all the orbs she had just used.

"...P.I.X.E.L...." Override grumbled with irritation after regaining his composure, standing back up, before hearing the A.I. voice again.

"...I was trying to inform you before you acted, sir. My analysis finished and showed that this would occur. The correct course of action would have been to..."

Override shook his head. "LATER! Tell me the details of that later. Next time, just show it on the HUD..." he grumbled, obviously not happy about this in the slightest. "And negative on that...I'm not surrendering..."

"A shame," Arcturus said, and she lobbed another orb Victor's way.

Override lifted his arm upward, immediately firing off a pulse bolt to counter act the orb. "Enough already!!!"

Don’t Believe The Hype

Lucky Cat felt her aura shift again, and her senses expanded with each passing thought. “Finally!” she said, It was just what she needed. They didn’t call her “Lucky Cat” for nothing. As she was now, she could go anywhere within her range she liked with just a single step. She didn’t even check to see what Aeon was doing in her new position, she just leaped away.

Far be it from her to diagnose someone with anything, but if Aeon had one specific problem, in Lucky Cat’s mind, it was that everything had to be about her. Defeating Aeon wasn’t the win condition of this fight, the win condition was capturing the Archangel Lailah and taking her back to Caesar. Just a few more jumps and the Archangel would be back in range of Lucky Cat’s aura, and then, if her aura held out, she could get them both out of there before anyone could stop them. One step, then another, then-

And then she stepped right into the path of another of Lailah’s beams and it all fell apart. It wasn’t her fault she had gotten hit, of course. Nobody had warned her that Lailah had moved up a bit while she wasn’t looking, or positioned her seraph to be right in the way of her most recent jump. Nobody had said, “Hey, your aura’s going to switch again right before you get hit again, so you won’t even be able to dodge this one if you tried.” Lucky Cat’s one saving grace here was that her aura was still useful -- it made everyone more durable, shutting down her pain sensors too so she barely felt a thing as she was flung back again, just in time to get hit square in the chest by Aeon swinging a pew around and knocked up into and through the church roof.

It wasn’t her fault, Lucky Cat thought again as she sailed off into the distance. But it wasn’t a failure either. She could still come back from this. Even now, she allowed herself a smirk. After all, a cat always lands on her feet.

Override’s energy bolt hit Arcturus’ energy bean directly, which activated it prematurely right in Arcturus’ face. The resulting explosion -- shunting, whatever -- sent her head over heels. She only just managed to keep enough wherewithal to stop all the other beans from triggering, putting her in the same catastrophic spiral she had just put the tech hero in.

It still took her a moment to right herself. She was used to so many situations while flying, but that one had become quite a rarity for her in recent times. She shook her head as she stabilized. “Cute trick,” Arcturus said. “Or lucky. Doesn’t really matter to me. ‘Snot going to happen again.” She navigated to safely out of range of the remaining lingering mines and dismissed them all with a thought. “It does mean you’ve officially been upgraded to ‘annoying,’ though. Which means I should probably start enjoying myself a bit more. You know, to balance things out.”

Arcturus’ flight patterns grew a bit more erratic. She still circled Override from above, but every so often she dipped in altitude a notch or sped up her revolutions by just a touch. Still, it was clear she was still in control of herself. She only wanted to appear random. She extended her hand out to let loose what could only be some sort of barrage, but right as she was about to do so, Lucky Cat broke through the church ceiling and kept going, sailing in a high arc over the city. Arcturus immediately stopped and sighed. “Vambrace, Cat, bet the other two are falling apart too…” she muttered to herself. Then, to Override, she said, “I suppose I have to go deal with that. Take care of yourself -- take care of my team too -- and we’ll finish this up some other time.” With that, she flew off, chasing after Lucky Cat and leaving Override alone in the church parking lot.

The Archangel Lailah dismissed her seraph and immediately let out a sharp exhale. As she caught her breath, further exhalations slowly turned into laughter. “I suppose our inevitable defeat can wait just a little bit longer,” she said. “May Zorro and Astra continue to smile upon us all. Amen.” Her hands had started on her knees, but they were moving up to her stomach even as she remained doubled-over.

“Ah, well,” she finally said, coming back to her senses. She raised her voice, “Carol, are you still up there? You didn’t have any trouble, did you?”

It took a moment, but the church’s pastor came running. “I did not, miss. Nobody came up and I was under my desk besides. Even while hiding, I did manage to follow your instructions; there will be a Union representative here tomorrow to provide a quote for the repairs.”

“Wonderful,” Lailah said. “I’m sure they will build it back to even better than it was before.”

“I’m sure they will, miss,” Carol said. “But more importantly, we received another call. The summit at Goodale Park has requested your attendance. I suppose it is more of a war council than a summit now.”

“I suppose so,” Lailah agreed. She turned to Thessa, Sibyl, and, if he came back inside, Override as well. “I don’t suppose you would mind escorting me there? There may be more coming. Though that does leave the question of what to do with those who have already come, of course.” She looked at where the unconscious bodies of Hellhound, Censer, and Vambrace had fallen. Hellhound’s dog had reverted to its mundane form and was now literally licking Hellhound’s wounds. “What do you think we should do?”

OOC

Spoiler

Subtitle is a Boys Noize song

Another self-explanatory post, I think, though it's complicated by that weird "Vic coming back inside" conditional. Time's allowed to be weird if you want to catch all or some of that. The only other thing I'd like to put here is that both the G3 crew and Sibyl have already received summons to Goodale, so feel free to recall those at your leisure. Congrats on winning the fight, of course. Let me know if there were any issues stemming from that you'd like me to improve on for the next one, we can talk about them in Discord.

-r

"Huh." Thessa said, as she watched the girl flying through the roof. "Guess mighta put a bit too much into that one after all." She shrugged. "Well, let's see who's next then."

Turns out the answer was 'no one'. Apparently the other fights were over already. Sibyl had taken down her opponents and.... "Hey, where's yours?" Thessa asked Override when he returned. "Did you hit her into the sky too? Crazy how easy that can happen huh?"

"Nice work, but don't go thinking you could keep up if there had been more of em to knock out mkay?" Thessa said to Sibyl. She was impressed that the girl had managed to take two out in roughly the same amount of time. If she ever had to take down the Moray Clan maybe she'd have to start with Sibyl.

Lailah seemed to be none the worse for wear and, in fact, was already getting down to business. “I don’t suppose you would mind escorting me there? There may be more coming. Though that does leave the question of what to do with those who have already come, of course.”

Thessa had to give that some thought. "Well, I kinda was intending to go find Caesar and bust down his door after all....But I guess I could take some time to get you there. Especially if they think they can get the jump on you on route without any trouble. Can't let them catch me slippin, haha!"

She looked over at the three unconscious bodies. If she used her powers she could probably carry them but that felt like an incredible waste, not that she would let anyone know that, plus it just would feel kind of awkward. "Well probably should just bring them with right? Someone probably can deal with em so long as we get them there. But ya know, I'd like my hands free in case someone else DOES show up."

Or they could just leave them there. It was clear to her they weren't that much of a threat and it could be funny to see Vambrace try to fight her again. Whatever decision was made she'd go along with it, though, as long as no one tried to make her drag them all herself.