Sign in to follow this  
LordCowCow

Favorite Game of 2022

Yes I'm doing a bunch of these sue me.

What video game of 2022 is YOUR GOTY? Alternatively what game that you picked up in 2022 is your favorite even if not from the year?

(Can also include a few you've liked if you want)

Yes I'm responding to all of these sue me.

To no one's surprised based on some status updates I made, Sonic Frontiers won the year for me.

Edited by Thar

Want to try to make this not too long but to actually have a really fitting spot for this, I'm gonna say some stuff.

Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions for me. Not the most popular Jump stuff to oddly get crossed over but most of them are more popular than most of the main magazine's stuff now all the same. Much more appealing genre to me too. That, and there's actually nothing to really affect stats so it is almost entirely skill based, while not being that difficult for the main part of it anyway. Goofy slime moves, Princess actually being a badass, and the more actual action stuff getting a good spotlight too, honestly so good.

I realize more and more that I don't play a ton of games in a year. But of them the one I thought was best was probably Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. It basically did everything right for what it was I thought and it's one I can see myself coming back to.

As an extra 2022 was actually when I finally played Hades which is an excellently created game.

I also realized just how many games I bought on Steam and how little of them I actually play and/or remember lol

My Steam Replay for 2022 says I played 96 new games and unlocked 829 achievements, for what that's worth

I hate that I'm going to say this due to my unironic love-hate relationship with the already excessively praised game, but Elden Ring for sure. I've had a lot of fun with it despite its glaring flaws, and I really enjoy helping people in co-op, random or otherwise.