Sign in to follow this  
The Chayncemaniac

My Movies of 2022

Here's a list of all the movies I've seen this year, the ones in BOLD are the ones I had low expectations for but they ended up exceeding those expectations, the ones in ITALICS are ones I was excited to see and they were as good as I thought they'd be and those in BOLD & ITALICS are ones that were disappointing to me. Ones without any type of formatting are just ones that I enjoyed. These movies are in order by month they came out (according to Wikipedia anyway)

The Batman

Ambulance

The Northman

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Top Gun: Maverick

Jurassic World Dominion

Lightyear

Elvis

Thor: Love and Thunder

Hocus Pocus 2

Black Adam

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Devotion

NOTE: I made this list before seeing Tom Hanks' newest movie A Man Called Otto, so I won't be putting the movie on the list right away, I'll add it to this list once I see it. Out of all these movies I've seen, I think my favorite movie of 2022 has to be either The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent or The Northman. There were so many amazing movies this year, and only a couple I seen that were either flops (Thor: Love and Thunder) or just middle of the road (Jurassic World Dominion and Hocus Pocus 2). If you've seen any of these movies on my list, which one is one of your favorites?

Looks like I've only watched fairly old movies this year, besides MCU stuff for the most part. Out of these, I would then have to give it to Doctor Strange. Haven't been to a theater in years, and it will probably stay that way. I actually did enjoy Thor: Love and Thunder too, but even despite Ragnarok, it wasn't something that I had particularly high expectations to be disappointed of. It felt in the ballpark of the very first MCU movies to me. 

2 hours ago, Nico said:

Looks like I've only watched fairly old movies this year, besides MCU stuff for the most part. Out of these, I would then have to give it to Doctor Strange. Haven't been to a theater in years, and it will probably stay that way. I actually did enjoy Thor: Love and Thunder too, but even despite Ragnarok, it wasn't something that I had particularly high expectations to be disappointed of. It felt in the ballpark of the very first MCU movies to me. 

That's actually the perfect way to describe Love and Thunder, it felt like the beginning of the MCU.

Seems like I'm in similar boat, cause I think I've only watched MCU stuff this year as far as non-animated movies.

Technically it was in December of 2021 but I didn't watch it until later but No Way Home was easily favorite of them.

Not the best MCU year for me I think though.

EEAAO is phenomenal, but I only watched it the other day so I guess it wouldn't count.

Glass Onion was fun. I don't think it was quite as good as Knives Out, but I enjoyed it.

The Menu wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It wasn't bad by any means, but I was expecting something great.

Strange World was... Actually really good? I expected it to be as mid as any other Disney animated film in the last decade but it honestly felt really heartfelt, I am very glad I saw it instead of attending a family Christmas celebration.

Nope was fucking great. Definitely my favorite Peele film yet, and definitely the movie of the year for me. Just a real fun one to pick apart, as his previous films have been.

I also watched plenty of other films, some of which have been mentioned in this thread, but I can't be bothered to talk about them. Mid year for capeshit overall aside from The Batman, 2023 is looking to be better.

Edited by (o ×)