Suzu

Favorite part of NCM not in YCM? What do you miss most from YCM?

Just sort of curious where the distribution lays.

For me, the overall look and smoothness of NCM and the knowledge it'll be quicker on fixes is comforting, but I miss some of the old fun sentimental whatnot (like the name change history when mods mess around with it for fun), and definitely the old RP/OOC/IC posts for nostalgia's sake.

Not having Mr Keanne forget about the site to reboot it only when he notices the email or something.

Pros:

1. A reliable admin.
  2. The ability to format, edit, and like statuses.
  3. The ability to post GIFs from GIPHY without making a science project out of it.
  4. Better mobile version.
  5. TBD

Cons:

1. Will take a bit to get used to (will change in time)
  2. Not too many members (could also be a pro depending, but also might change in time)
  3. TBD

A light theme that doesn't stab me in the eyeballs.

5 hours ago, The Warden said:

We have name change history though.

The point was the longer history that some of us had that we aren't really gonna go through the effort of trying to replicate right off the bat. Also idk if I'd have even been able to notice it on my own, hehe.

But the simple default dark theme, the ability to like/edit statuses/comments, the (apparent) ability to post mild nudity because it isn't actually 18+ to do so! I'm never doing that.

So far, I like:

- That you can give reps/likes to status comments.

- Active admin is a big plus, yeah.

- The different icons for the sections (especially Feh!)

As for what I I miss:

- In YCM I clicked on "see my activity" to see a list of all the thread I have posted in, showing in bold text if there was a reply I had not checked out. Here instead shows my own replies, and can't tell if the threads got any new replies. Still looking how to overview the threads I have participated in.

- Seems you cannot add friends here, and I liked that feature to see and show who was cool with who. Here you can follow users, but AFAIK it's not the same.

Edited by Darj

29 minutes ago, Krow said:

give me ycm classic as a theme

Krow being here is now my second favorite thing.

4 hours ago, Krow said:

give me ycm classic as a theme

I prefer to keep my eyes and my soul in one whole piece, thank you

Just now, iarimakousei said:

I really liked the profile music in YCM and the ability to pay for it through points

You can still do this.

:JEVIL:

:junkolol:

I miss all my post count, reps, and the monster accounts.

The inability to view full statuses/comments of statuses while staying within the status bar and having to go to the user's profile is slightly less convenient.

15 minutes ago, Shradow said:

The inability to view full statuses/comments of statuses while staying within the status bar and having to go to the user's profile is slightly less convenient.

I'm trying to find Broken's announcement that detailed how to sidestep that issue, but no luck. I already did it myself.

27 minutes ago, Nathanael D. Striker said:

I'm trying to find Broken's announcement that detailed how to sidestep that issue, but no luck. I already did it myself.

I posted a link in one of the earlier statuses... but I found that by going to this place incognito, and it seems you can still do that in your browser's private mode. May as well post it again though.

http://neocardmaker.com/forum/index.php?/announcement/9-status-information/

On 1/9/2019 at 6:33 AM, Tormented said:

You can still do this.

Issue with this for me is that I had the points for it on YCM and was in the process of trying to pick a song. Now that I have a song picked out, we're on a new forum and I no longer have the points for it.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:28 PM, Darj said:

- Seems you cannot add friends here, and I liked that feature to see and show who was cool with who. Here you can follow users, but AFAIK it's not the same.

So much this. I preferred the adding of friends as opposed to the follow system.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:06 PM, Black said:

I miss all my post count, reps, and the monster accounts.

Also this

One other thing not listed here that I miss is the theme where you could insert an image as the background. That theme was cool.

What I like: 

Dedicated team and default theme.