MechA cademy [OOC/PG-13/Co-Hosted by Skaia/Not Accepting]

Steel is my Body 

Spoiler

Name: Stella Cordia 
Race: Human 

Appearance

Spoiler

Art by Piripun

Stands at an average 5'4" with a more small and lithe frame.

Personality

Spoiler

Dour in appearance, Stella is a more reserved individual. Stella doesn't seem to be the most easy to get along with person due to a generally stern expression on her face. This is not at all helped by the generally blunt way of speaking that she seems to have, nor her attitude that seems to be almost condescending in nature. This is a result of her, at least on average, thinking that she's more responsible then others around the same age as her, and that she generally knows better. She's not actually hostile, but lacks the social awareness to know when she acts too harsh, generally feeling guilty about it afterwards but only if it is pointed out to her.

Despite this Stella herself does not take confrontation from others all that well. She is very easily annoyed when teased and very easily disarmed when praised. Stubborn in an argument, Stella is very poor at actually articulating what she thinks and thus is very poor at actually arguing. More so, the longer one continues on the more uncomfortable and agitated she becomes. Naturally, she's very uncomfortable with talking about her leg, and is easily one of the surest ways to shut her up whenever she is chiding someone else. 

Though Stella is not nearly as hostile as she may first appear, she is still not exactly friendly. Getting easily uncomfortable when someone else is incredibly friendly or familiar with her, she has an innate reaction to push others away. This is both a result of her own self opinion in addition to just generally finding such friendship hard to believe as genuine. 

History

Spoiler

Since she could remember, Stella has always put herself to work to help others. With a mother who passed away in labor and a single father who was constantly at work. Always being dragged along with him, the girl had soon figured that it would do him good if she could help lessen his burden. As such, she constantly found herself helping her father with any of his many odd jobs and the like that he had to support them for the first ten years of her life. While she was content with this way of living, things took a turn for the worse when her father ended up overworking himself, causing him to pass out on his job. Though it was nothing severe or fatal, Stella soon learned just how much her father was sacrificing for her sake, and decided to do all that she could to lessen this burden. 

Stella devoted herself to working hard, both academically and finding all the extra work she could to help her find some kind of dream job. She joined clubs and looked for sports to participate in and even took up volunteer work all in an effort to help secure her future in finding a well paying job to take. Then, when she wasn't working she was instead at home, trying to make sure her father was taking care of himself properly, often having to chide or scold him. This carried over to school as well, and thus between her more responsible attitude and her constantly booked schedule, Stella didn't have much rooms for friends or hanging out. 

This changed one day during her volunteer hours. Meeting a girl named Kelsey who was so hopelessly energetic and careless, Stella couldn't help but butt heads with her. In spite of what might've been a rocky start, the two continued to meet each other under similar circumstances, and after awhile had become the best of friends. With the start of this friendship, Stella had opened up her schedule more and more, devoting less time both to home and school. 

It didn't take long, though, for the two friends to find themselves in a horrible accident. Beginning to learn how to drive, Stella took the wheel with Kelsey in the passenger seat, only for this experience to go quickly south as they and another car got into a collision. The end result was the loss of Stella's leg and Kelsey's arm. Though she was able to get replacement leg, through much financial strain, the girl ultimately didn't seem to care for it. Though she had lost her will to do much of anything, the girl was pulled from her misery to accompany Kelsey, as her friend had found a new dream to become a mech pilot. Feeling there was no choice in the matter, Stella signed up alongside the girl. 

Abilities 

Spoiler

Combat Style: 
Stella prefers a more mid-long range style of combat, generally providing more heavy ordinance in the form of heavy rifles, machine guns, or explosives. 

Skills:

• Prosthetic Maintenance 
  • Relatively diligent in housework but beyond that rather unskilled 

Mech Information

Spoiler

Name: Brink Hammer 
Appearance: Here 
Statistics and equipment:
The Brink Hammer is a mech that is more stalwart in design, this heavy plated mech is not the fastest of its kind around. Instead, acting more like a mobile turret then a strike vehicle, this mech is armed with a heavy assault rifle that also doubles as a  grenade launcher, used mostly for mid-range combat. In addition to this, it is equipped with two retractable mini-rocket launchers that come out from their shoulders, capable of firing a small flurry of missiles at medium range. Finally, it is equipped with a single heavy rocket launcher, capable of firing a large rocket at mid-long distances one at a time. 

Edited by Skaia

I'm going to review whatever apps are finished tomorrow. If you have WIP apps you want me to look over as well let me know before then.

First, obviously accepting me and my co-host's apps, so there's that. That was a given though. Anyway...

@Yui

First, the obvious, robot girl. I don't mind the inclusion and in fact welcome it. I want to be absolutely sure you won't keep her one-note though. That she'll find ways to develop and learn without having to be programmed. That's the main thing that when we talked I wasn't sure you were getting.
The main thing I want to know about her personality is what she thinks about other robots.
The history section is fine but I DO want to know what would happen if people found the planet she's from. Are there possible problems that can arise from this world and the other units?
The mech worries me mostly because with mine, yours, and Drew's we have a lot of similar combat styles. I can see there being some differences but I want YOU to be able to tell me what differences there are.

@Thar

All the characters are just coming to the school so he wouldn't have joined a house already. Anyway overall main concern about personality is that there's not much to work with I suppose. While I don't mind introverted and anti-social it's often really hard in RP because it can end up relying on other people to interact with them and why would they interact with him if he doesn't have any kind of reaction? I'm not saying you can't have anti-social but I do want to make sure you put in traits that let him have some kind of interaction. One doesn't have to be extroverted to allow for interactions.
Okay I'm liking the start of this history, it's intriguing. And I want to know more about what happened and why.
I want to know how he'd handle more open area combat. Because with mechs that's gonna happen. Hard to find a lot of cover in a mech after all.
Love the mech, as you know.

@VCR_CAT

Very surprised by the alien choice. At first I'll admit I was a little disappointed it was simply a small animal eared character but a little more attached to the idea now. The name freaks me out.
The personality is a fairly standard "fight girl" one. Not that it's a bad thing on its own. Just sorta hoping to uncover a bit more than that as time goes on. Not much else to say on it besides that.
I like that she's a princess. Some would cry "special snowflake" but these are protagonists so a little special works. The one thing that I'm unsure of is these people's place in the universe as a whole. I can't stop thinking some sort of primitive tribal culture which sorta clashes with space travel.
I realize now that 3/4 of the complete apps have mechs that prefer up close and personal fighting. Now, focusing on direct close combat is a bit different, just wanting, like with Yui, to make sure you can point out the differences in combat style between yours, Yui's, and mine.

As it stands I'm leaning more towards acceptance for these than not but I want to have things clear before making any final decisions. Especially given how not everyone is finished yet.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, LordCowCow said:

I'll be honest I have no idea why this would exist and what you're intending with it.

Uh... nevermind, then. I'll try and make it work better

Based on a surreal Industrial Revolution AU.

Spoiler

Name: Erica Katrianna Sapphire, a.k.a. "Sahira Rika" (last name first)
Race: Human (Caucasian)

Appearance:

Spoiler

This is her look.

She does, however, tend to wear a red kimono like this as well, specially when she's not training.

Height: 4'11''/1.50 m

Weight: 110 lbs/49.9 kg

Measurements: 32A-26-34

Personality:

Spoiler

As an Asarian-raised person, she appears to be somewhat calm and respectful. Despite her mech being fire based, her raising and desire to be a strong woman led her to be more of an ice queen, as she tends to keep her emotions and thoughts for herself and never lets others know how she feels. She's pretty cold to people and her treat with them is mostly business. She's not really silent, however, as she tends to be somewhat commanding, yet keeping the respect and calm the Asarian are known for. Her gaze is mostly focused and, despite the demureness, she's very strong willed. Despite her coldness, she has the rare moment where she shows worry and concern for someone in distress and when she's happy, either by having accomplished something significant on her class or combat or when she gets a letter from her home land, a soft smile slips from her coldness.

She's no pushover when it comes to mech battles and she's usually known to not show any kind of "soft" gesture towards an opponent, not even if it's a training session. If she can end a battle quickly, she will do it without doubt. She doesn't want to come out as ineffective, as that's how you get yourself clubbed. However, she guards no animosity outside of the battlefield against anyone she doesn't already consider a menace. In fact, despite her coldness, she prefers having friends.

She can fit herself into a group when battling or studying, but prefers solitude in her free time, usually preferring a soft tea and walks in the park. Basically, she likes to not mix her free time with her time in the cademy. She also likes to spend her free time designing mechs or making models, which is something she loves to do. When she feels melancholic, she tends to go to a very far corner of the cademy and listen to some lullaby songs recorded in a music box and with earphones, the songs being mementos of her caretakers (a lullaby from her mom, Rovnshire's anthem, a song "Doc Masaru" used to hum during work, etc...) and the box being a gift from "Uncle Tenma". She only allows herself to cry for this.

Her way of speech tends to forgo contractions and colloquialisms, and she's pretty rusty with regular figures of speech. She also has a severe trouble of not detecting sarcasm very well... or at all. She's also lost with some figures of speech and can be literal-minded sometimes. She may also be seen as a bit cowardly due to the fact that, despite being brave, she tends to avoid battles that she's not sure she'll win, not out of fear of the enemy but out of her dislike for losing. When she loses, even if she doesn't show it, she tends to be steaming under her icy exterior.

History:

Spoiler

She was born in the planet of Threif, specifically in the mining colonies on the south owned by the Company Metals in Rovenshire, from an ailing mother dedicated to mining and a soldier father, both of which didn't get to see her get into school years. Her mother died when she was 5, due to the low quality of the air in the village surrounding the mines. A year earlier, her father was tasked to move even deeper south, towards the terrains of the natives, in order to secure a new mine, only to die in a tornado. She was left in the care of the physician of the village, Miien Masaru, a man was from the Kingdom of Asari she always called "Doc Masaru", in the Kuma Ring asteroid field, made out of interconnected asteroids in the Kuma 1 ( ν1 Dra) star system.

She was taken to said place after just a couple years, when the contract for the mining was over, so she was sent to Asari with the man. She had a hard time with the new culture, but she was able to endure eventually learning the language and even adopting the culture as her own. It still confuses people around her how well the Branian girl acts like the "pale flowers" of Alpha, even if she's more "gutsy" than the average, though never disrespectful. The man called her "Sahira Rika" because of his own hearing problems and his lack of sight and she eventually began to call herself that name, even if legally she still keeps her birth name. After 5 years of living, she was left alone again when the man died to an unknown infection.

Her new caretaker was Miien Tenma, called "Uncle Tenma" by her, who was kinda shocked by this "outstarred" girl living, acting and speaking like a native. He was an architect and an engineer and was tasked with making a new engine for the rails that transported people and cargo between the asteroid cluster that forms the colony. She learned the trade of engineering from him, often helping him in the hard tasks and all. She learned design basics and used the knowledge she got from the popular pastime that was Roborawr, or robot brawling, where humans mounted in robots fight (granted, the robots were more like glorified robotic suits, around twice a man), making one of her own to fight in her free times.

Eventually, she becomes very good in Roborawr herself, to the point she's chosen by Asari's council to enter MechA cademy as a representative for her colony, due to the lack of mechanized military in the country. She heard a lot about the place and accepts the offer, while the council expects her to learn enough from her fellow people to help them develop their own mechs, which are usually only re-purposed Roborawr models. However, for her entrance into the battle, she was given a decommissioned mech from Kateng, one of the largest kingdoms in the ring, which was readapted to both use the same movement system as her Roborawr "mech" (i.e. mechanic levers) and refurbished to not look like a Kateng mech.

Combat Style: She's a close quarters fighter first and foremost, her strategy being mostly getting as close as possible to the enemy. She's very adept to analyzing and using the area around her for her advantage. She doesn't waste energy on hard targets and prefers to not attack until an opening shows. When she's on the advantage, she doesn's waste time to end the battle ASAP. She's not a stealth fighter by any means, as she prefers to attract attacks so she can outmaneuver them.
Skills: She's bilingual (Rovan and Asarian, the former being her birth tongue, while rusted, the latter being her more natural one). She also has knowledge of mechanical engineering and has good repair skills.

Other: Rovenshire is basically space!England, and the Kuma Ring is basically the space version of the far east, with Asari being based on Japan and Kateng being China. So she's an English girl in a steampunk style that was raised as a Japanese. It's all due to the character's original history I'm trying to get off the ground being based on the Industrial Revolution and the Meiji restoration... and yes, it's a story with mechs.

Mech:

Spoiler

Name: KRA-095r Asari-Modified Diyulong "Shouryuu"
Appearance:

Spoiler

An all white heavily armored humanoid mecha with red lining, thick forearms and lower legs, a kinda big backpack and a very rudimentary head. The feet seem to be claws with big wheels at the sides of the shins. The cabin is in the unit's belly, above the waist articulation. The left forearm looks like a dragon head and the right arm has a regular hand, but with three fingers instead of 5. There's a large sword kind of mounted in the right hip of the mech. It's slightly shorter than a basic mech and is also at twice as heavy.

• General: The mech was made for combat though the use of fire. It has a plasma generator in the backpack and a very advance distribution system capable of feeding its weaponry and was made with the power to hold the heavy generator.
  • Body:
    • The heavy armor of the mech was made for very high temperatures, due to its weaponry. The mech can withstand up to 3500°C/6332ºF and the armor can redirect that thermal energy into the energy pack, recharging the mech. This armor is also thicker and heavier than the basic mech's.
    • The legs, besides the claws as feet, has double wheels on the sides of the shins. The front claws fold up while the wheels roll down to the feet, the heel claw has a mini wheel on the base and folds to let it down on the ground as a balance wheel. The wheels don't have any propulsion in themselves, to they depend on the movement of the mech.
    • The backpack has the mech's main energy pack, a plasma generation system for the fire-based weaponry and two large thrusters angled down for impulse, though their power can't actually help to lift the heavy mech. This, combined with the wheels, help the mecha to move around at higher speeds than by only running. The run speed is slightly slower than a basic, but its "rocket skating" can make it go up to 10 times faster. The energy pack, however, only allows for full speed travel for 4 hours without having to recharge.
    • The mecha can reload using heat from the area, a method with an average charging speed, but it can also use light with the aim of a photovoltaic pack on the backpack. This method is 4 times slower than the thermal method.
    • The cabin is locate in the lower torso, right above the waist articulation. The pilot seat is a harness hanging from the ceiling and the controls use mechanical levers and a rudimentary control system for most of its features. It has a good escape system, with the cabin being able to eject itself from the mech.
  • Weapons:
    • The main weapon is a large two handed broadsword, 3/4 the length of the mech, whose blade that can open in the middle, revealing a nozzle from the blade's core, with a sight coming from the guard and the hilt taking a more diagonal position, to make the sword into a blaster. This is done by the mecha moving the hilt and the sword is pretty heavy. This blaster is a long range weapon and shoots a long stream of plasma reaching 2500ºC/4500ºF.
    • The left arm has a think dragon head with "fangs" that can act as claws, capable of pierce a basic mech's armor, and it also can shoot fire blasts from the mouth the size of a mech's head, thanks to the mech's plasma generator. This is a medium range weapon, and the fire can reach 1800ºC/3200ºF, less than the blaster sword.
    • The mech also can ram another mecha with its "rocket skating", thanks to its armor also being resilient enough to withstand the contact with other mechs. This melee attack is much more damaging than the ram of similar sized mechs.

Edited by ZetaRESP
Heavy retool of the entire thing.

I lied, app goes here.

Spoiler

"There are spirits in the dark. The void between the stars. I will listen them, and they will show us the way."

Name: Xa'tok(Shah-tock)
Race: Chapaaya

Spoiler

The Chapaaya are something of an enigmatic people, largely remaining on their enormous nomadic fleets and interacting with the rest of society as they need to in order to trade for supplies, and always offering payment in exotic materials not often seen elsewhere. While most of these materials have little obvious industrial use, thanks in part to their being presented in artistic forms, there is still a considerable demand for them. For example, small stone or crystal sculptures produced among the fleets are highly valued collector's items, and garments made from their assorted textiles make regular appearances within the fashion scene. Even so, for hundreds of years they have simply been a fixture of society. They arrive in a system somewhere, purchase or trade for supplies they need, occasionally leave their ships for some business, and then leave to return to the darkness between stars. It was not until recently that anything more was learned about them.

Thanks to the work of Xenoanthropologists from several universities across known space, much of the mystery around this culture has been dispelled. Each fleet of the Chapaaya is the permanent home for one of their numerous tribes, the exact number of which still has not been determined. The larger vessels, their Battleships and Cruisers, are the hubs for the extended familial groups within the tribe itself and smaller vessels (Destroyers, Corvettes, and assorted support craft) are manned by largely independent bands of individuals who are not all necessarily from the same extended family. These fleets wander the galaxy, occasionally make war on one another, and gather various raw resources before returning to their anchorages somewhere out in the space between stars. While the existence of these stations has been confirmed, much of their role in Chapaayan society can only be guessed at. No outsider has yet been to one and returned.

Physically, the Chapaaya tend to be taller than humans and possessed of strong, wiry builds that leads some species to assume, wrongly, that they are malnourished. When they can see their bodies anyways, as most Chapaaya wear highly decorated tunics, long trousers, and otherwise cover much of their bodies. The exception to this is their heads, which in spite of the occasional hood leave their more animalistic features exposed. Ears tend to be found further up the cranium than on humans, and are usually similar in shape to those of Cervines, Caprines, Bovines, or Equines. Similarly, horns emerging from or above the temples are common, and typically resemble those of Bovines or Caprines. Some also resemble Cervine antlers, but are not shed across the course of an individual's life.

Appearance:

Spoiler

VfJykv6.jpg

Height: 6'(183cm)
Weight: 170lbs (77kg)

Xa'tok is quite typical for his species: tall, lanky, and possessed of a strength belied by his narrow build. It is thus better to focus on what sets him apart from others of his species. His dark hair and pale blue eyes have an unnatural shimmer to them, and in the right conditions seem to give off a small amount of light. His attire, too, is somewhat different from the rest of his people. While the same curious fabric makes up his garments, he tends to be considerably more adorned. Tassels of bright yellow or red are common, along with strings of charms which jingle ever so slightly as he walks around. These charms are variably made from an alloy widely known as Chapaayan Smelt, or a material that appears to be bone. Regardless of what else he wears, whether it is a highly formal set of robes or a tighter-fitting tunic and pants, Xa'tok keeps an ornate hood upon his head. This hood covers most of his head, in particular his temples, allows his cervine ears to poke out into the open. Lastly, he tends to walk about barefoot whenever possible. Including in classrooms, if he is not told not to.

Personality:

Spoiler

Generally an amicable, if somewhat withdrawn person, Xa'tok sees much of the world around him with a subdued sense of wonder. Being one of, if not absolutely, the first Chapaaya to leave their tribe and enter into wider society he is only too aware of the pressure on him both to perform well in what he does and to show the galaxy at large the best of his culture. Because of this he treats everyone he meets fairly, even well, when out in public. He furthermore avoids contractions when he speaks, so as to be as clear as possible with what he says. Though he will occasionally try to express concepts from his native language which do not exactly translate into English, leading to some plainly confusing statements.

Of course this attitude of his tends to give him some difficulty when it comes to forming lasting relationships. Simply put, he knows that he has to return to his people eventually and he does not want to make that any more painful on himself or anyone else than he needs to. Though he will be polite and kind at a surface level, someone looking to befriend the young shaman is in for quite the challenge as he will resist it at every turn. Deflecting suggestions that they spend time with each other outside of class, and filling up as much of his time as possible with extracurricular activities. 

In spite of this, so far from home he often finds himself struck by a deep feeling of melancholy and a profound sense of loneliness. Of course he sees this as simply a problem that he has to suffer through in order to ultimately become the leader his people believe he is going to become. He knows friends would get in the way of that, but underneath all the polite refusals he really does want to make at least one. Just don't expect him to show it easily.

History:

Spoiler

Born to the Xul-Tuk(Shull-Took) tribe, whose fleet roams mostly across the Orion Arm of the Milky Way and are best known of all the tribes for providing the services of their ships and warriors in exchange for fair trades, Xa'tok was and is believed to be destined for greatness. His birth took place under auspicious circumstances: the tribe had been struggling to trade for enough food to replenish their stock and they were passing through the dark of interstellar space. As the fleet passed through a cloud of dust, his mother gave birth and the infant Chapaaya pointed with seeming purpose as he opened his eyes for the first time. The sensors operator aboard the Battleship he was born on, who had been scanning for anything potentially helpful, found the signature of a piece of wreckage at a heading that corresponded to the direction Xa had pointed. This wreckage proved to be an enormous transport ship which had lost power, and whose crew were only too happy to part with a large part of their cargo of foodstuffs in exchange for help reaching a safe port. Furthermore, several uncommon astronomical phenomena occurred after his birth: a wandering black hole passing in front of the fleet just long enough for them to slingshot around it and get to their destination faster, a gamma ray burst frying the cloaking equipment on a pirate fleet that had intended to attack the tribe, and the fleet happened upon a rogue planetoid that glowed with the light of thousands of volcanoes across it. The tribe's shamans found meaning in this that was lost on the others, and when he was old enough to walk on his own Xa was taken to be raised by them.

Thus he grew up steeped in mysticism, learning how to speak to the spirits of the galaxy, how to read the future in scattered animal entrails and bones, and how to summon up powers that much of the rest of the galaxy has little understanding of. Of course, as with all young Chapaaya, he did eventually leave his birth-ship and join one of the smaller vessels in the fleet. He became one of a very small number of shamans aboard a Destroyer-sized vessel named, in English, The Twelfth Spear. He quickly displayed an aptitude for leadership among the crew of the vessel, and demonstrated a sense for the appropriate course of action that bordered on prescience. Even so, he was not completely content to spend the whole of his life among the fleet, and petitioned the Elders of his tribe for the right to leave. This right was, after considerable deliberation, granted, and Xa'tok made the necessary preparations to do so. This included the ritualistic removal of his horns, and preparing them to serve as talismans that he would wear openly until he returned to his tribe to stay. Hoping to see more of the universe at large than he would from inside of the fleet, he acquired a Mecha of Chapaayan construction and, with a little help from a recruiter, applied to the MechA cademy to receive education as both a pilot and a naval officer.

Abilities:

Spoiler

Combat Style: Relying on the mystical aspects of himself and his surroundings, Xa'tok seeks to find the most efficient way to break through an enemy's guard and defeat them as quickly as possible. It just so happens that, from his perspective, that usually means getting in close and tearing one's enemies apart with precise strikes in melee.

Skills-
Fencing: Perhaps not a strictly accurate description, but he can handle himself well in combat when armed with melee weaponry.
Tactical Sense: Able to quickly analyze a situation he finds himself in, Xa'tok can quickly find the most efficient resolution to a situation and put it into practice.
Shamanic Magic: Through what he describes as communicating with the spirits, Xa'tok can achieve things which should simply be impossible. Knowing with absolute certainty where and when an enemy is going to appear for example. Of course, all of this requires that the people around him believe what he says.

Mecha:

Spoiler

Name: Zu'ul-pa-tok(Zoo-ool-pah-tock): Eats-the-Stars
Appearance:

Spoiler

DtQGHsQVYAE3w3U.png

Spoiler

Named for a Hero-God of Chapaayan mythology, Eats-the-Stars, as it is officially registered in English, is one of the first Mecha utilized by those enigmatic people that the universe at large has seen and much less been able to directly investigate. Utilizing a mixture of clearly understood and simply baffling technologies, EtS is a machine designed to close the distance to the enemy as quickly as possible and put its dazzling array of melee weapons to work cutting the enemy into so many pieces of scrap. With minimal capacity to operate off the ground, it largely relies on other units to deal with flying enemies. The singular normal hand is fully capable of utilizing weapons outside of the Mecha's usual arsenal.

Command and Control Suite: Mostly communications equipment compatible with that seen on other Mecha, this allows Xa'tok to keep in touch with friendlies across the entirety of a given battlefield and to direct them as necessary.

Electronic Warfare Suite: Operating in ways still not completely understood by those outside of the Chapaayan Tribes, this severely limits an enemy's ability to actually target Eats-the-Stars. Guided munitions find it impossible to lock on, RADAR and other forms of sensors are scrambled when it is in range, and even camera systems find it difficult to show the machine as anything more than an indistinct blob of static.

Flexile Spears: A translation of the much longer name in Chapaayan, these are the "tentacles" connected to Eats-the-Stars' shoulders. Tipped with impossibly sharp blades, these allow the Mecha to attack to the sides and rear even when its other weapons are in use.

Shamanic Claw: The enormous weapon which takes the place of Eats-the-Stars' left hand, the blades upon this are charged with a form of energy which, like a great deal of the technology on the mecha, is not well understood. In combat, it functions as an implement for tearing and cutting apart enemy machines and equipment with remarkable facility. Interestingly, it also serves as a conduit for Xa'tok's shamanic magics, and by performing a complex series of gestures it can produce effects in excess of what its pilot could on his own.

Sword of the Twelfth Rider: A flowery name for a weapon whose function is, surprisingly, easy to understand, this sword was given to Xa'tok as a gift by the captain of The Twelfth Spear. With the push of a button it becomes wreathed in a crackling field of energy, allowing it to penetrate defenses which physical means are not normally able to. Against other targets, it is simply another destructive aspect of Eats-the-Stars' melee arsenal

Edited by Asriel Dreemurr

Moonage Daydream

Spoiler

FrN9afL.jpg?1

"Those thrusters, paired with those stabilizer wings...that could be a good idea. Not a fan of the useless scarf though."

Personal Information

Name: Chase Weller
Race: Human

Appearance

Spoiler

lkbjIYV.jpg

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 148 lbs

Chase has a fit figure, and is most likely almost always wearing a tank top under his jacket.

Personality

Spoiler

Chase is a creative young man, especially with his mind in his notes and 'sketches'. He just finds the most solace in just sitting down and examining and observing the different mechs he can, just to get a good glance and understanding of how each one ticks and how they can be improved, or better, how he can take certain aspects and make his own. Does this mean he's a recluse and tends to not talk to anyone at all? Not at all, in fact, Chase happens to be quite the friendly sort of individual, and can be quite loyal to to those he calls his friends. Though, he does tend to speak at great lengths about his notes and about how the mechs can be fixed, especially if they're pilots. Does this mean he can come across as annoying with this type of conversation? ...that's probably a huge yes for many.

However, his love for examining and observing mechs doesn't just stop at being a downfall in conversation, it just goes further into combat with them.

As for battle, Chase, is quick on his feet and is able to adapt to any situation in fight, along with being able to at least to keep a leveled head during a fight. Unfortunately, in a mech battle, that's a different story. In certain situations, depending on the style and model of a mech, he'll have a moment of hesitation of destroying them. Alas, due to his curious nature and his desire to examine opposing mechs during battle, this causes him to have a slight hindrance. This is something Chase is trying to work on fixing, however it's slow going.

History

Spoiler

"One day...that'll be me up there. Me and my own creation!"

The story starts like many others: a kid fascinated by the countless mechs that soar through the skies, having a wish to join them and become a pilot, just to soar among the stars. While Chase had this dream, he wished he could do more, much more. What he really wanted was not to just be a pilot in some run of the mill mech, but rather he wanted to soar through the starry skies in a mech of his own creation.

From a young age, Chase was always helping his mother in the workshop on Ardualf. She was a mechanic and a damn good one at that, least in his mind. He learned how to work on most of the mechanical parts for most vehicles, appliances, and the very rare occasion of mech parts. Every step of the way with working with his mother, he took notes which he figured would definitely help him in the long run when designing his own mech. This was pretty much Chase's life for the most part, just working with his mother, writing notes, writing up plans and sketching (or at least attempting to) ideas for his mech...with the occasional down time of him just resting and watching the stars in the sky on the roof of his home. Still, he figured things were getting to routine. There had to be another way to get what he wanted without being too routine, right?

It seemed that Chase was feeling this way at the right time. While in the shop, he was hearing rumors and talks of a program for mech pilots at a very interesting school: MechA cademy. This was definitely opportunity knocking on Chase's front door. Sure there was the fact that he'd basically have to join the military if anything, but to be close to plenty of varying mechs and being able to get in one and learn it's style? ...it was too good to pass up!

With his mother's blessing and best wishes, Chase signed up for the academy and got accepted. He'd finally be able to get his dream off the ground, plus being able to help make a difference...oh and pilot a huge-ass robot, cause that was definitely something he was gunning for as well.

Abilities

Spoiler

Combat Style:

Chase prefers being the mixed fighter. You need him to get up close and personal in a scrap? He'll happily do it! Need him to strike from a nice distance? He can do that too. His style allows for him to be used in whatever situation he's needed, being quite adaptable in any given situation.

Skills:

• Designer/Mechanic - Chase has taken to studying about different mechs in order to possibly aid in designing upgrades, weapons, and even his own mech one day. At the moment, it's rudimentary, but he's determined to learn more. At present, Chase has a few notebooks of what he's written down about different mechs, their styles, and what they possibly could need. However, this doesn't stop him. Chase uses being good with machines and fixing them in order to get a hands on feel for the mechs, in order to learn about them to better his want to be a designer.
  • Athletic - Given his fit figure, it makes sense for him to be a bit athletic. Well, athletic in terms of a homosaipen and not aliens...cause those things are on another scarier level.

Miscellaneous Information

Chase's Theme (Alternate) | Battle Theme (Alternate)

• Chase's name is a combination of two different names from the series gen:LOCK: Chase - A reference to the main character of the series and pilot, Julian Chase. Weller - A reference to the character Dr. Rufus Weller, the scientist who created the gen:LOCK project.
  • Chase is the second character in a mecha RP that I've made that was working as a designer of sorts. The first was from Zai's Gundam: Broken Arrow RP, with my Gundam pilot Kenji Mizuno, who was also a detailer that worked at an auto-repair shop.
  • The character quote Chase has, the end of it is inspired by Zai's comment about how: "scarves aren't practical" after showing this possible mech to use.
  • Chase has tried to actually learn how to cook, but apparently can't do it well enough. Because of this, he normally goes for easy meals.

Mecha Information

Spoiler

Name: Aegis Weiß (Weiss) Mk XI
Appearance

Spoiler

110c3621cb762f7ffb9f99bd0b079d87.png

Statistics and Equipment

Spoiler

The Aegis Weiss Mk XI has had several different upgrades to it's model after models 1-10 had less than wonderful runs. It's design was greatly remade, giving it's plated armor a bit more of a fluid style, allowing it to be swifter in movement and to have greater adaptability in combat. It's other additions come in the form of it's armaments:

• Svalinn - The primary weapon that the Aegis Weiss wields. A serrated shield in appearance, it's quite the sturdy piece of equipment.
  • Twin Blade/Blasters - Located on the sides of the Aegis Weiss, these weapons can either be twin blades for close combat, or twin blasters capable of striking from a distance.
  • Plasma Rifle - A weapon that shoots out beam of plasma energy. Oddly enough, this weapon doesn't have a scope, which is an odd design choice for this.

The Aegis Weiss is always being worked on, so possible upgrades on the mech and the weapons are in the future. Though oddly, the first newest addition to the Mk XI happened to be two cup-holders in the cockpit.

Mecha Trivia

• It's name, Aegis Weiss, was literally just a name that was tossed together given the mech's overall appearance.
  • Aegis, also refers to the mythological shield that once belonged to Zeus that was used by Athena and Perseus in Greek mythology.
  • The weapon's name, Svalinn, refers to the shield of the same name from Norse mythology, which was said to stand before the sun and protect the world from burning up.
  • The addition of the two cup-holders is a jab at another mech RP that Zai and Keto were in, Gundam: Broken Arrow...and this was an opportunity I just couldn't refuse.

Edited by Chaos Sonic

3 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

After the responses given from my comments I hereby accept

@VCR_CAT

However you need to update the combat style thing, do that and I'll add you to the list

Uh... so, I'm out?

@ZetaRESP
First I was writing all this when you replied and how the heck do you think me accepting a single person means you're out?

I have read this many times and I kinda keep getting lost. The wording is kinda confusing and it feels all over the place. I don't get the point of intentionally doing things the hard way, especially if the reason that she does her best is because she had to to survive. Wouldn't that make someone try to do things in the most efficient way?
Honestly the personality feels really jumbled and I'm not fully sure what specifically to point to for it. It seems kinda conflicting and I'm still not sure what kind of person she is.

"Kingdom of Asari" might want a different name cause I can't stop thinking about the Asari from Mass Effect.
Once again I got a little lost during this. There's a lot of names and a lot of nothing happening during this history section. I find it odd because I don't see how this history relates to her personality really. She lost three parent/parent-like people and isn't affected by that at all? And why was she taking part in this robot battles to begin with?

English and Japanese don't exist, as Earth isn't a place people visit. So the language thing would need to be changed. (The basic language could just be refered to as, well, Basic.)

The statistics and equipment part is missing some words. And I have to admit the idea of a mech using throwing knives is utterly ridiculous even for this setting.
I didn't specify how large the mechs were and I prefer you don't either. Especially given 10 stories is kinda uh....bonkers.
Honestly there seems to be a bit...much going on with this thing.

Overall the main issues is I'm having trouble following what you wrote and what I did understand feels sorta conflicting.

@Asriel Dreemurr

First, the name. While crazy names like that are fun it's kinda rough at times when trying to type it out/remember it multiple times. Plus I know I will forget how to pronounce it constantly. I'm not saying give him a name like Jim but maybe make it a little easier. (interestingly all the other places/people/mechs named in the app are perfectly fine, his name specifically I find a bit tricky)

I appreciate the information on the race, it gives me what I need and I see no issue with it.

I really like the personality. Only issue is similar to Thar's in that I worry that it might be difficult to find things for him to do outside of mission-type deals. If you could alleviate that concern it would help me out a lot.

I have no issues with the history except a vague sense of confusion about the idea of a shaman learning to pilot a mech. (especially with the idea that mech commonly is a military type thing) It's not an actual issue just a nagging thought.

As to the mech I don't know about the "impossible to lock onto" part. Making it difficult is one thing but impossible worries me a little. He probably wouldn't be hit much with that sort of thing either way but just something about impossible bothers me.
The amount of close range we have is worrying me a little bit but this one (and Zeta) are the only really "full on melee" so it's not as bad as I'm thinking probably. Especially as a couple people changed theirs already.

Overall don't have a lot to say about it cause there isn't many issues really.

@Chaos Sonic

So let's see if I got this straight. Thrill seeking, loyal, helpful, likes to sit down calmly and examine things. I'm not sure if it's just the way you wrote it but it sounds odd being thrill seeking but their favorite thing is to just chill out and look at parts. I don't think i like that last bit, it feels needlessly tacked on and says nothing. It's just "He doesn't want to kill but oh he'll do it because he has to" it feels like a lot of fluff unfortunately
I do like the bit about examining opposing mechs, that could be a fun flaw if expanded on. Especially if perhaps he hesitates to destroy them because of it or something.
Overall the personally feels a little lacking. Could do with being more...solid perhaps. Less wishywashy. It almost feels you're worried about giving more straight-forward and concrete traits.

History is perfectly fine no issues there.

Mech is fine except I'm unsure how to feel about the shield turning into a bow thing. Sounds kinda unnecessary and awkward.

Honestly besides the bow thing the personality is the only part I have any hang ups over.

And finally
@Yui
Sammie is accepted.

1 minute ago, LordCowCow said:

@ZetaRESP
First I was writing all this when you replied and how the heck do you think me accepting a single person means you're out?

I have read this many times and I kinda keep getting lost. The wording is kinda confusing and it feels all over the place. I don't get the point of intentionally doing things the hard way, especially if the reason that she does her best is because she had to to survive. Wouldn't that make someone try to do things in the most efficient way?
Honestly the personality feels really jumbled and I'm not fully sure what specifically to point to for it. It seems kinda conflicting and I'm still not sure what kind of person she is.

"Kingdom of Asari" might want a different name cause I can't stop thinking about the Asari from Mass Effect.
Once again I got a little lost during this. There's a lot of names and a lot of nothing happening during this history section. I find it odd because I don't see how this history relates to her personality really. She lost three parent/parent-like people and isn't affected by that at all? And why was she taking part in this robot battles to begin with?

English and Japanese don't exist, as Earth isn't a place people visit. So the language thing would need to be changed. (The basic language could just be refered to as, well, Basic.)

The statistics and equipment part is missing some words. And I have to admit the idea of a mech using throwing knives is utterly ridiculous even for this setting.
I didn't specify how large the mechs were and I prefer you don't either. Especially given 10 stories is kinda uh....bonkers.
Honestly there seems to be a bit...much going on with this thing.

Overall the main issues is I'm having trouble following what you wrote and what I did understand feels sorta conflicting.

In order:

1. I thought you wanted to keep a low number, a certain amount to not get overblown with too many characters to follow up.
  2. Yeah... I guess I went too far on the contrast thing. Way too far. And yes, you're right, the personality makes no sense and I'm at fault on that. Should had kept it simple.
  3. I never played Mass Effect, and only heard of it because of the ridiculous ending of Andromeda, so that was unintentional.
  4. That part totally escaped by my radar. Once again, my fault. I think I got too crazy with the deadline thing, specially because I was stuck in some parts of the biography.
  5. That was me throwing parallelisms, actually. I added them in the notes to... well, kinda explain without having to go too much by using Earth equivalents on the notes (Instead of English or Japanese, is Branish and Asarian). And yes, I'm checking again and I only mentioned English and Japanese in the notes. In any case, it's "space English" and "space Japanese". Because shortcuts.
  6. The missing letters is my lack of proof reading, as I didn't want the application to come out too late, so I rushed it. The knives thing... okay, I'll admit I don't even know where it came from. The 10 stories... well, given a Gundam is 6-7 stories tall and an Eva is three times that, I thought 10 was a reasonable size. But yeah, I will correct.

I also wanted to ask questions in a discord, to get a more fluid feedback. You mentioned you were opening one, but you didn't post a link or anything to it.

@Zai

I do like the personality. My main concern is similar to some others, the trap people tend to fall into, in that he still has to have some way to interact with people otherwise it'll be hard for him to actually do something. As I've said before it doesn't need to be "He goes out of his way to talk to people" but there should be some form of...response. Basically something to make sure he's not always relying on others to engage in any sort of interaction.

I was worried about the psychic thing but from what I can see it's mostly just emotion feeling/some emotion manipulation. Of course as long as you're fine with it not always working quite as well as he'd want then I have no issue with it.

I'm a bit concerned with you having an NPC in this, even if she doesn't pop up much, as a student. If you can explain what you plan to do with her that would be good.

The Psi-Amp has me slightly concerned cause it feels like it has the potential to be a "do anything" type deal.
That being said it seems to be the main weaponry so there's that. Which makes it not as bad as it first seems.
That ALSO being said...I'm slightly concerned that we have a lot of close range. atm if I accept everyone we have 4 close, 3 mid, 1 long, and Sonic's all around. It's not super big but also slightly worrisome. Especially with the number of straight up melee being at three. Basically I need you to look over the others and be able to point out what the main differences between yours and the other melee mechs.

Overall it's pretty solid with a couple of concerns.

@Thar

ngl I kind of would like to see if he wasn't good at knowing what lines not to cross. I don't think "goofy" is necessarily the right word but I do like the idea of snark and dark humor being his normal response when he does respond to people.

As for the history just mostly want to know more about his family and what lead him to going to the school.

That's pretty much all I'd need for acceptance.

@ZetaRESP

" although after losing three paternal figures, who knows how she's actually feeling. " This line bothers me. Cause...you know how she's feeling. You can say how she appears to others, and that's fine, but be sure that you know how she feels.
Other than that...I don't mind the coldness, but a little more clarification of what makes her happy and what causes her to help people would be good. As in what sort of things cause those reactions.
Also same as I had to say to....half the cast, make sure there's something that makes sure she doesn't always have to rely on others to do any sort of interaction. Doesn't need to be super social but a cast full of people who keep to themselves would be difficult.

I'm not going to allow it to be able to break a mech with just ramming. Being able to do more damage than the average mech with a tackle is fine but nothing so extreme as instant kill. The weapon still confuses me a little. As I'm unsure the purpose of it being able to transform into so many things. Not that it's too much more unsure it's necessary.
But like I said to Zai a bit worried with all the close combat mechs so just make sure to look over the other melee mechs and tell the differences between them.

@Asriel Dreemurr

Accepted.

@Chaos Sonic

Accepted...but one thing, I thought you were gonna add something for long range capabilities?

4 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

" although after losing three paternal figures, who knows how she's actually feeling. " This line bothers me. Cause...you know how she's feeling. You can say how she appears to others, and that's fine, but be sure that you know how she feels.
Other than that...I don't mind the coldness, but a little more clarification of what makes her happy and what causes her to help people would be good. As in what sort of things cause those reactions.
Also same as I had to say to....half the cast, make sure there's something that makes sure she doesn't always have to rely on others to do any sort of interaction. Doesn't need to be super social but a cast full of people who keep to themselves would be difficult.

I'm not going to allow it to be able to break a mech with just ramming. Being able to do more damage than the average mech with a tackle is fine but nothing so extreme as instant kill. The weapon still confuses me a little. As I'm unsure the purpose of it being able to transform into so many things. Not that it's too much more unsure it's necessary.
But like I said to Zai a bit worried with all the close combat mechs so just make sure to look over the other melee mechs and tell the differences between them.

• Yeah, the idea of that line was to state how an outsider would see her. Once again, my brain had farted. Will fix that line.
  • Uh huh... yeah, can't have a class of shut-ins, indeed. It would be nice to add something else to also fix that happiness thing (or at least the "ice queen warming up slightly" smile she's more likely to sport.
  • Okay, I'll try making the ramming less intense.
  • Yeah... I think I'll simplify the weapon a bit more. Specially, if there's something else used. I'll also change the weapon a bit more, to not have much of a matching combat style with other mechs.
Edited by ZetaRESP

@Zai
@Thar

Accepted. Also, Thar, maybe make the father or grandfather someone who used to be important which would explain why people are trying to get them back. Accepted either way just a stray thought.

@ZetaRESP

The only personality issue is that "demure" means shy or reserved which isn't very commanding. Probably don't need the demure bit.
Other than that...the only issue is, once more, the sword. You already have the fire ranged weapon with the dragon head and unsure how the blade turning into a plasma rifle really adds anything, given that's a thing it can already do with the dragon head. Unless you meant something else with the sword beam.

So basically it's almost there. Just a couple small details. And still want to know what, in your opinion, is the difference between this and the other melee oriented mechs.

2 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

@ZetaRESP

The only personality issue is that "demure" means shy or reserved which isn't very commanding. Probably don't need the demure bit.
Other than that...the only issue is, once more, the sword. You already have the fire ranged weapon with the dragon head and unsure how the blade turning into a plasma rifle really adds anything, given that's a thing it can already do with the dragon head. Unless you meant something else with the sword beam.

So basically it's almost there. Just a couple small details. And still want to know what, in your opinion, is the difference between this and the other melee oriented mechs.

Okay, let's change that one, then.

Actually, I changed the dragon head to mid range because the dragon head would give a wide flare, it's likely it has a short range, specially compared to than a plasma beam from a more rifle-like sword (and yes, I actually gave the sword the change to become a rifle, though must add the change is manual rather than automatic, as in it must be moved by the mecha).

And honestly, I would give it a more wide range, as it basically has two short range weapons (sword and dragon head), then two attacks with a medium range (dragon head's flare and the ramming) and one with long range (sword rifle).

19 minutes ago, ZetaRESP said:

Okay, let's change that one, then.

Actually, I changed the dragon head to mid range because the dragon head would give a wide flare, it's likely it has a short range, specially compared to than a plasma beam from a more rifle-like sword (and yes, I actually gave the sword the change to become a rifle, though must add the change is manual rather than automatic, as in it must be moved by the mecha).

And honestly, I would give it a more wide range, as it basically has two short range weapons (sword and dragon head), then two attacks with a medium range (dragon head's flare and the ramming) and one with long range (sword rifle).

So would the beam be more a laser than anything else?

4 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

So would the beam be more a laser than anything else?

Yeah, pretty much.

Notice: RP will start on Saturday. I won't close acceptance right away but I'd prefer people to either finish @Aix or express interest before then if they want to join in.

Hey! Just checking in since it's been like, three months, it says you're kind of accepting and I'm a lot more free now. Is there any room for a late arrival?

5 hours ago, ChampionZero said:

Hey! Just checking in since it's been like, three months, it says you're kind of accepting and I'm a lot more free now. Is there any room for a late arrival?

How active would you be?

But yeah there's only a very short time frame left almost at the point itd be closed to acceptance

At the moment, I'm hopping around Greece with my brothers, so I've got no classes but my living situation is a little chaotic. Until the 14th, I might be a bit slow, but I can check in daily and post about bi-daily.

And my character concept is already mostly done, I just need to write up the history section.

17 minutes ago, ChampionZero said:

At the moment, I'm hopping around Greece with my brothers, so I've got no classes but my living situation is a little chaotic. Until the 14th, I might be a bit slow, but I can check in daily and post about bi-daily.

And my character concept is already mostly done, I just need to write up the history section.

Alright sounds interesting. Well as long as you can get the character in (and edit as needed once I look over it) pretty soon I can let you in.