LordCowCow

MechA cademy [OOC/PG-13/Co-Hosted by Skaia/Not Accepting]

Live Long and Die Free

Spoiler

"Kill 'em all and let Hell sort 'em out!"

Name: Kansuke Akatsuka
Race: Human

Appearance
Kansuke stands fairly tall, at between 5'11" and 6', but is recorded as being 6' tall for practical reasons. His physique is indicative of someone who trained or was trained prior to joining the Academy, and knew what they were doing. He is slim, muscular, and in excellent physical health. Outside of uniform, he dresses simply, typically with denim and short sleeves. He has short black hair and blue eyes.

Personality

Spoiler

Kansuke's surface personality is best described as loud, abrasive, and arrogant. His confidence and determination are unrelenting, and he has no shortage of pride. He doesn't go out of his way to seek admiration or approval, but is prone to condescending others and talking himself up. To him t's not about what others think, it's  about proving his worth to himself. Kansuke's temper can often derail a social situation: it's common for him to overreact to being teased, and he has quite the mouth on him when it comes to cutting retorts, so it's not common for him to be the one saying "he/she started it!" despite being the one who escalated it. On the flip side, his blunt manner of speaking tends to come off as rude to others, and tends to start fights equally often. The irony of this is all but lost on him, mostly out of apathy. Although he respects the chain of command, Kansuke has difficulty co-operating with equals who have not gained his respect, and prefers to take point himself where possible.

Kansuke is not, however, a simpleton. His intellect is above standard for a young man his age. His observation and comprehension skills test well under pressure, and so long as he's not upset, he can be quite the tactician. His social awareness is lacking for the most part, but he's not incapable of endearing himself to others: Those who befriend Kansuke will find him a font of reassurement, and a very enthusiastic, if rough and aloof companion.

History

Spoiler

Kansuke was raised primarily by his father, a military man who gave up that life to raise his son and daughter following their mother's death. As a result, Kansuke and his sister's upbringing was comparable to boot camp: His father taught them self-discipline, routine, and the meaning of strength. Tough love was the definition of their lifestyle, with an emphasis on tough. Kansuke came to value freedom greatly, as it was something his father rewarded him and his sister  with when they were growing up. Along the way, he got it into his head that he had to contribute to protecting that freedom, just as his father used to. As a result, he decided to join the Mecha Academy. It just made sense to him: his father told him he should follow his heart, and his heart told him to fight. Ultimately, if you asked him what he wanted out of the Academy, he'd sum it up to five words.

"Live long, and die free."

Combat Style
Maximum impact is Kansuke's strategy of choice, and he prefers to use an overwhelming surplus of firepower to defeat an opponent wherever possible, and his mech is designed to do just that. However, he also finds close-quarters combat to be "one hell of a rush" and doesn't mind getting his own hands dirty when the need presents itself.

Skills
Kansuke has exceptional tactical prowess; a working understanding of CQC coupled with a tendency to fight dirty; and an eye for fashion. He can sing, albeit only at a baritone register, and has enough of an understanding of biology, chemistry, and physics to be considered proficient in demolitions outside of simply bombarding an enemy with missiles.

Character Trivia

• Kansuke's favourite color is pink, specifically magenta.
  • Kansuke's favourite flavor is cherry.
  • Kansuke suffers from aggressive facial tics when angry.
  • Kansuke's 'type' is tomboys.

•  

Mecha Info

Spoiler

HYD-Tyrannos (aka "The Tyrant")
Appearance

Stats and Equipment

Spoiler
  • The Tyrant is designed primarily for mid-range combat, its design focusing mainly on firepower, and performs unexceptionally in other areas.
    • On its right arm, the Tyrant has a mounted twin-barrel repeating cannon designed for medium range combat.
    • On its left arm, the Tyrant has a high-impact railgun, designed to pierce through armor and inflict heavy damage at mid-range. It is also capable of longer ranges, albeit with some loss in impact speed and therefore, damage.
    • On its back, the Tyrant is equipped with four rocket-propelled grenade pods, designed to fire regular explosive and incendiary ammunition.
  • Internally, the Tyrant has been equipped with a cybernetic interface that allows for the pilot to 'see' through the mecha and direct it by way of a virtual control panel.
    • Due to the 'locked head' design of the mech, the pilot can switch between 8 viewpoints distributed between the torso, back, and arms to get various angles or enable them all at once for a 'compound' vision option. The latter is reportedly 'headache-inducing' unless trained and augmented beforehand to handle it.
    • The interface and the implants necessary to operate it also allows the Tyrant and/or its pilot to connect with, monitor, and in some cases operate compatible machinery.
    • Any pilot assigned to operate the Tyrant will be required to undergo connective implant surgery, and training with the cybernetic interface tech before being allowed into the field.

Edited by ChampionZero
Final edits complete.

13 hours ago, ChampionZero said:

Live Long and Die Free

Reveal hidden contents
  •  

Mecha Info

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure I get how he's "loud and arrogant" but doesn't brag unless provoked. It doesn't seem like that goes together very well.

Also idk how he expects to take point with a slow mech.

Speaking of the mech seems a bit too powerful. A bunch of explosives and super strong armor and can fight at melee? It's kinda a better version of some of the other heavy mechs in this. Maybe take a look at the other mechs and then try and go from there.

Other than that it's looking good.

Edits have been made. I've adjusted Kansuke's personality and redesigned the HYD-Tyrant based on more recent inspiration. Hopefully it's a little more workable.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:06 AM, ChampionZero said:

Edits have been made. I've adjusted Kansuke's personality and redesigned the HYD-Tyrant based on more recent inspiration. Hopefully it's a little more workable.

Most of the app is fine but the thing with the mech is...I'm having serious trouble picturing it and figuring out exactly what it "does".

6 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Most of the app is fine but the thing with the mech is...I'm having serious trouble picturing it and figuring out exactly what it "does".

I was going for an all-rounder, but I guess the design muddles that a little. Should I try one more edit? What can I make that this roster doesn't have already?

On 6/16/2019 at 1:42 AM, ChampionZero said:

I was going for an all-rounder, but I guess the design muddles that a little. Should I try one more edit? What can I make that this roster doesn't have already?

I think the main issue is that even for an all-rounder there is too much going on. I'd say focus on just a few things. Since there's like 7 or so different things it's got going on. I'd like to focus down to 3 maaaybe 4 things. Just seems it can do too much and it gets muddled.

Pick a couple weapons and also something unique to it so that it's more focused and not overdone.

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I think the main issue is that even for an all-rounder there is too much going on. I'd say focus on just a few things. Since there's like 7 or so different things it's got going on. I'd like to focus down to 3 maaaybe 4 things. Just seems it can do too much and it gets muddled.

Pick a couple weapons and also something unique to it so that it's more focused and not overdone.

THIRD TIME'S A CHARM! I went back to "high-firepower" and stuck with the cybernetics thing as the "something unique."

On 6/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, ChampionZero said:

THIRD TIME'S A CHARM! I went back to "high-firepower" and stuck with the cybernetics thing as the "something unique."

After I and co-host looked it over I think it'll work. Accepted.

If you want into the discord chat then let me know.

Go ahead and bring your character into IC.

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Artemis Ravenhart - WIP

Name: Artemis Francheska Ravenahart
Race: Human

Appearance

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

33dbb1227a7d459d2b90e241f522eb4c.png

(ignore the pointed ears/horns, they are another part of the image)

Height: 5' 5"

Weight: 131 lb.

Physical Traits

Artemis is moderately heightened girl with brown hair and blue eyes. She is flexible and agile, with sharp eyes and slightly high reaction time than the average person, but she is physically more fragile than other people becaue of her small frame. The girl has blue eyes with brown hair, and her skin tone is pale. Her hair is straight and long.

Clothing

She typically wears a blue, blank t-shirt with a brown overshirt and blue jeans or a black hoodie with a blank, yellow t-shirt and jeans as well, when out of uniform.

Appearance

Personality

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Artemis is typically seen as the quiet yet intelligent and observant type, keeping to herself, and can be quite a tomboy. During a lesson, she does not talk, actually listening, but can get easily distracted by something else, though she is usually able to snap her attention away from the distraction if she realizes it will become a problem. Casually, she loves reading science fiction and horror novels and listening to old Earthen rock music, her favorite singer being Bon Jovi. She typically avoids whoever she can, though if someone walks up to her and talks to her she only replies in short answers out of respect.

She finds combat to be fun and exhilarating, despite not showing it but finds it aggravating when a find extends for a longer period of time than it should in her mind.

History

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Her mother worked as a nurse while her father worked as a computer engineer. Her history is not very entertaining as she has done a lot of necessities on her own and has become mostly independent. However, through some of her father's books, she learned physics and mechanics, along with learning how to program and many other technological skills. Because of the fact that her parents were always home late, she attended online schooling and started a job on her own. As such, she drew away from people and only focused on her own work. When she heard of the MechA cademy, she knew she wanted to join, not for the students or her parents, but to actually do something meaningful with the skills she possessed and thought it might lead herself to a better future. 

"People that have the will to put meaning in their lives must do so. You are responsible for your own future."

Combat Style

Artemis prefers to have the mental and quicker advantage in a fight, maneuvering from attacks and countering with another one. This usually means using CQC methods on her opponents, aiming for whatever weak points she could spot if there were any. Her main goal is to finish a fight quickly and move on.
Skills

The girl is very observant, with 20/10 vision and a calculative mind. She has extensive knowledge of math, physics, programming, and mechanics from study and practice. Her observation skills also give her a higher reaction time than the average person, which can be extremely useful in life-or-death situations. 

Trivia

• Her favorite treat is homemade chocolate chip cookies.
  • Her favorite color is blue.
  • She is demisexual.
  • She has a slight fear of heights.

MechA Information

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

H3-MS Model 3, "Chariot"

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

MechA APPEARANCE

main-qimg-67e92c37856096de46b73e3651fc63

A large mech with a light frame and silver paint job. The pilot is located at the front of the wide torse of the mech. Its arms are thin, the right is equipped with two rotating machine guns and the left with a curved, blunt attachment with an extending blade hidden underneath.

Statistics and Equipment

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

The Chariot is equipped for light, close-quarters combat, with heavy hydraulics and a light frame for quicker movement. The trade-off of this lighter frame is that the armor is lighter, meaning it can be damaged easier than most mechs, making it ideal for stealth and scouting missions.

Equipped on the Chariot is a dual rotary ballistic machine gun, which fires at 28 rounds per second per gun. Each gun fires 25mm rounds and has an extensive ammunition count. On the other side is a blunt weapon, which is slower but can be used to take down heavier mechs. Under the blunt weapon is a large blade, which is about 20 feet in length and is curved like an Earthen machete. Mainly used for slicing, it cannot easily pierce dexterous enemies but will slice through lighter armor with ease.

The pilot's section is equipped with a HUD that gives a readout of an another mech's weapon signatures and full design, along with a readout of her power supply, ammunition, and any damage her mech has received. She is also able to activate full vision, which allows her to see a full readout of 360 degrees around her, activated by cameras located on the head of the mech. The controls are activated through motion, allowing for an eased movement like a human being.

Located on the top of the mech is a power core, using less power since the mech is lighter to control and has fewer functions than most. Like other models, the core can be ejected, however, if done, the mech suit will immediately power down and the pilot will be forced to leave the suit and continue on foot.

Edited by Forgotten Home
Editing History, Personality

10 hours ago, Forgotten Home said:
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

MechA Information

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

tbh I'm unsure how to review this one. There's not much to it. For instance the personality seems to say one thing and then either trivialize or straight up run counter to what was said just before. So all I'm getting is a sorta...blank slate.

10 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

tbh I'm unsure how to review this one. There's not much to it. For instance the personality seems to say one thing and then either trivialize or straight up run counter to what was said just before. So all I'm getting is a sorta...blank slate.

I'm not good at writing character profiles. I'm better at showing than telling...

On 9/6/2019 at 7:23 AM, Forgotten Home said:

I'm not good at writing character profiles. I'm better at showing than telling...

Part of app making to me is determining if I can trust someone in the RP. To see if they are able to communicate things and follow instructions and so on. Especially important given how shaky consistency in this RP is specifically.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:34 PM, LordCowCow said:

Part of app making to me is determining if I can trust someone in the RP. To see if they are able to communicate things and follow instructions and so on. Especially important given how shaky consistency in this RP is specifically.

I'll do my best to fulfill that. Anyways, is that better?