Sign in to follow this  
Summer Darj

Black Clover

DrPLgjt.jpg

Asta and Yuno were abandoned together at the same church, and have been inseparable since. As children, they promised that they would compete against each other to see who would become the next Emperor Magus. However, as they grew up, some differences between them became plain. Yuno was a genius with magic, with amazing power and control, while Asta could not use magic at all, and tried to make up for his lack by training physically. When they received their Grimoires at age 15, Yuno got a spectacular book with a four-leaf clover (most people receive a three-leaf-clover), while Asta received nothing at all. However, when Yuno was threatened, the truth about Asta's power was revealed, he received a five-leaf clover Grimoire, a "black clover"! Now the two friends are heading out in the world, both seeking the same goal!

(Source: MangaHelpers, edited)

https://myanimelist....37/Black_Clover

Remaking the thread here in NCM.
Posting mainly because of the latest manga chapter, #194:

Spoiler

I could tell Charmy was a trump card of sorts ans secretly strong since she displayed her offensive power for the first time, although to be fair that can be expected from most Black Bull members, but never thought it would be to this degree: as a dwarf hybrid with a sleeper second grimoire, and clearly stronger than its already potent cotton-food magic. Curious to hear what the wolf has to say. IIRC so far Sylph is the only magic-associated entity that can speak, and that's a special case because she is an elemental spirit.

Spoiler

Tabata has answered just about everything he's ever hinted at, I feel like, so this obviously feels very close to the end for me. It's obvious the Wolf showing up instead of the sheep (ha! It was a wolf... in sheep. Just... in a sheep) means it is some really strong spirit, so with that said, I would place my bets on the Earth elemental spirit. It's not as blatant as Yuno's or the fire magics, but cotton comes from sheep, an animal. Food comes from plants, animals, etc. It could happen. 

And another thing. apparently the Heart and Spade kingdoms were mentioned in some guidebook (or at the very least properly detailed in a map and stuff), but actually introducing them properly seems just about the only way this could go on after the current stuff without complete BS. Like if the Clover or Diamond kingdoms can affiliate themselves with one or the other, it'd have to happen if an all out war ever occurs. 

Spoiler

I've also been really curious what they'll do with Charmy since they've quietly hyped up her fighting ability for some time now. This was an interest twist and I love the Wolf in Sheep's clothing thing. Will be disappointed if the fight ends here though since this is still a captain and for them to go down this easily would be lame.

On 2/26/2019 at 10:48 AM, Nico said:

And another thing. apparently the Heart and Spade kingdoms were mentioned in some guidebook (or at the very least properly detailed in a map and stuff), but actually introducing them properly seems just about the only way this could go on after the current stuff without complete BS. Like if the Clover or Diamond kingdoms can affiliate themselves with one or the other, it'd have to happen if an all out war ever occurs. 

Yea, I've been REALLY curious where the story can go from here. Outside of exploring the other kingdoms which the series has only done in small amounts with Diamond the Elf story has been the only one they've had. I'm sure it will continue since it is so popular and Asta still has a ways to become Wizard King but the story as is is nearing the end. Hell, a lot of character arcs have been pretty well explored too. 

Only following the anime, but I agree with the sentiment that the Elf story is pretty much all it's had, so I can't really see the series having much to continue with after that wraps up. Though the little bits they did with the Diamond Kingdom, mostly as it relates to Mars, do have some potential, since a war between those kingdoms has been brewing for a while. Maybe they could take advantage of the Eye of the Midnight Sun's attacks on the Clover Kingdom? Not like they haven't tried something like that before.