Fusion

Pokémon Sword and Shield

Reminder: Vote can be changed easily  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you thinking about getting?

2. 2. Which starter are you thinking about getting?

I will freely admit the dex cuts are a lot larger than I was expecting. That said, having seen the new Pokemon they all seem really cool and it looks like a lot of them are really strong. While I'm super sympathetic to the people boycotting over the national dex thing and while I hate the fact we lost so much, it isn't enough to keep me from playing the games. The look really strong and I'm hopeful Home will in some way make up for the national dex not being in the game proper. Seriously, what is Home even suppose to do if move the majority of Pokemon into it right now will just trap them.

2 hours ago, Flame Dragon said:

I will freely admit the dex cuts are a lot larger than I was expecting. That said, having seen the new Pokemon they all seem really cool and it looks like a lot of them are really strong. While I'm super sympathetic to the people boycotting over the national dex thing and while I hate the fact we lost so much, it isn't enough to keep me from playing the games. The look really strong and I'm hopeful Home will in some way make up for the national dex not being in the game proper. Seriously, what is Home even suppose to do if move the majority of Pokemon into it right now will just trap them.

From what I've seen they intend to rotate which mons are in future games.

I wish we had more info about Home but there were implications it'll be more than storage.

My hope is for minigames or pokemonamie like stuff.

3 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

From what I've seen they intend to rotate which mons are in future games.

I wish we had more info about Home but there were implications it'll be more than storage.

My hope is for minigames or pokemonamie like stuff.

They've said the Pokemon that didn't make it in here can still be in later games. It doesn't fix all the issues though. Rotation could still see Pokemon missing out on whole Gens. Not to mention it still limits which Pokemon you can use with other. And in the end people don't like have the limits placed on them after 20 years.

My pie in the sky ask is it has a battle simulator that keys off the Pokemon you have stored. The UI will be a lot more simple and they can use simpler sprites instead of models. Basically just Pokemon Showdown. It would also be cool if you could breed. This is super greedy though. I'm expecting you're right and it is just mini game, but that still begs the question why I'd put old Pokemon in there if they'll just be trapped for however long it takes for them to show up in the main games again.

1 hour ago, Flame Dragon said:

They've said the Pokemon that didn't make it in here can still be in later games. It doesn't fix all the issues though. Rotation could still see Pokemon missing out on whole Gens. Not to mention it still limits which Pokemon you can use with other. And in the end people don't like have the limits placed on them after 20 years.

My pie in the sky ask is it has a battle simulator that keys off the Pokemon you have stored. The UI will be a lot more simple and they can use simpler sprites instead of models. Basically just Pokemon Showdown. It would also be cool if you could breed. This is super greedy though. I'm expecting you're right and it is just mini game, but that still begs the question why I'd put old Pokemon in there if they'll just be trapped for however long it takes for them to show up in the main games again.

To be fair...what do they usually do when they're in the main game? I'm not saying everyone of course, and it sucks some people lose out on something they enjoy doing in the game, but I notice there are people who want it just to put them in the box which feels like the same thing as home (except possibly less if home has things you can do with the mons, like play with them or something)

3 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

To be fair...what do they usually do when they're in the main game? I'm not saying everyone of course, and it sucks some people lose out on something they enjoy doing in the game, but I notice there are people who want it just to put them in the box which feels like the same thing as home (except possibly less if home has things you can do with the mons, like play with them or something)

You can still use the Pokemon if you leave them in boxes. Personally, I wanted to breed stuff. I made my living dex such that it would let me breed competitive versions of basically anything and not only would I lose that option if I put them there and not leave them in Gen 7, I also lose access to all the easy egg moves I've breed around. Losing total access to the Pokemon isn't worth some minor play function imo.

3 minutes ago, Flame Dragon said:

You can still use the Pokemon if you leave them in boxes. Personally, I wanted to breed stuff. I made my living dex such that it would let me breed competitive versions of basically anything and not only would I lose that option if I put them there and not leave them in Gen 7, I also lose access to all the easy egg moves I've breed around. Losing total access to the Pokemon isn't worth some minor play function imo.

That's fair but as far as competitive goes the competitive is more limited too now right? So you'd still be able to breed the Pokemon that will be in the competitive. Unless I'm misunderstanding.

1 minute ago, LordCowCow said:

That's fair but as far as competitive goes the competitive is more limited too now right? So you'd still be able to breed the Pokemon that will be in the competitive. Unless I'm misunderstanding.

The limited competitive doesn't really matter. So long as I liked it I'd breed a competitive version. Because of how I was breeding my living dex I also ended up with competitive versions of stuff I didn't especially like and some of those grew on me too. Not to mention I still had a number of old Pokemon I wanted to breed and I'm not sure which of them I can and which I can't. I'm also weird and don't want to move my living dex unless I move it all together and as things stand I'd have to break it up which I'm not willing to do (again, because I'm weird). I just liked having accumulated basically every resource in the game and being able to do what I want when I want how I want. 

1 minute ago, Flame Dragon said:

The limited competitive doesn't really matter. So long as I liked it I'd breed a competitive version. Because of how I was breeding my living dex I also ended up with competitive versions of stuff I didn't especially like and some of those grew on me too. Not to mention I still had a number of old Pokemon I wanted to breed and I'm not sure which of them I can and which I can't. I'm also weird and don't want to move my living dex unless I move it all together and as things stand I'd have to break it up which I'm not willing to do (again, because I'm weird). I just liked having accumulated basically every resource in the game and being able to do what I want when I want how I want. 

It's funny because the "I'm weird so I want to keep it all in one place" point probably resonates with me more than anything else.

1 minute ago, LordCowCow said:

It's funny because the "I'm weird so I want to keep it all in one place" point probably resonates with me more than anything else.

My thesis on humanity is that we are are emotional creatures that play at being logical. Even if the draw back of doing something is relatively negligible, if it feels wrong we don't do it. Our emotions lead are choices far more than we are willing to admit. Like, my friend offered to rip himself off and trade me a $30 at the time, now even more expensive, MTG card for like $5 of cards from me. But one of mine had a special prerelease stamp so I didn't want to part with it even though it basically has zero real value to me. Basically what I'm saying is humans are dumb. 

Anyway, as is I'm leaving the living dex in Gen 7 (still is missing some stuff anyway) and it isn't like it's hard to make a bunch of stuff I don't care about with Ditto that I can send forward to Gen 8. It adds more steps which is annoying but I use breeding as a way to kill time listening to podcasts so I don't mind.