Fusion

Pokémon Sword and Shield

Reminder: Vote can be changed easily  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you thinking about getting?

2. 2. Which starter are you thinking about getting?

10 hours ago, Flame Dragon said:

I feel like the female design has been the preferred one since like Gen 4. 

I felt Black and White (the first one at least) had great designs for both characters.

2 hours ago, Ralsei said:

Also it's a total crime if Honedge doesn't appear in this region.

True. Aegislash would be really happy.

Image result for pokemon aegislash

Anywho: They made a region based on France with bits and pieces of Europe. Might as well make one of the U.K. Out of the starters, Scorbunny has the only design I like right now. Will be looking forward to this game when it comes out. Likely get both versions. Two for me and my brother, and at least one other for a cousin.

No, that seems reasonable. A lot of the game versions are something like colors or just symbols, but a special sword and shield relic or something could very well be an actual thing in the story.

I saw a really long reddit comment thread on the Pokemon subreddit of people typing in various, hilariously over the top UK accents, and I'm enjoying this sort of stuff greatly.

13 hours ago, Ralsei said:

I gotta say, I'm REALLY digging the map for this gen. A lot of people have sorta compared it to Sinnoh, and while I see where they're coming from, it's pretty unique in that it's not divided in half like Sinnoh was. It doesn't seem as circular as Unova or Kalos, and it's nice to be back on a continent after Gen 7. I'm really excited to explore this region honestly.

Some people are worried that it might end up being super linear, go in a straight line from one place to the next, and while it could be, I dunno, I think it's got potential so I wanna see how this pans out.

I'm a fan of it too. And I don't really see the big deal with the linear complaint because every Pokémon game is pretty linear.

Also, establishing this now:

Like HGSS, ORAS, etc, we should totally refer to these as SwSh. 

swish

Edited by Fusion

Turns out there's a contest to name a new move which is basically Mind Blown for Steel types.

Which makes me wonder if it might be a hint that there will be new Ultra Beasts in the story somehow?

It would be cool to see more other worldly Pokemon. It is an interesting concept and I doubt anyone would mind it being in another game.

That said other legendary signature moves have just type shifted versions of earlier moves so I can see them going the other way (though don't think any has yet).

15 minutes ago, Flame Dragon said:

It would be cool to see more other worldly Pokemon. It is an interesting concept and I doubt anyone would mind it being in another game.

That said other legendary signature moves have just type shifted versions of earlier moves so I can see them going the other way (though don't think any has yet).

That's a good point it is a very "Sword" move. So it could be the Signature Move of the Sword Legend.

Though it's interesting to note it has slightly less power than Mind Blown which you wouldn't expect from a "box legend" so to speak.

So I felt like it so I added a poll to the OP to see which game and which starter y'all are thinking about getting.

Obviously it'll change once we get more info (I want to see some more exclusives before finalizing a decision on which game to go with) but I'm sure most of you have some idea.

I'm cool with the poll being added. Though maybe wait for the Direct next week? 

Edit: I misread and you already did. Is fair. Though the info we get next week could end up changing feelings.

In the mean time we have the Bank replacement announced. Well, replacement is strong since the new service, Pokemon Home, using Bank to move 3DS stuff to the service. This also works with Let's Go, Go, and SwSh. 

17 minutes ago, TheEternalWinter said:

D7st8RhXsAgSqjM.png

Did I miss something because I don't understand what this means.

Also Flame, and everyone else who isn't sure, remember that you can change vote by clicking "Show Vote Options" ?

1 hour ago, LordCowCow said:

Also Flame, and everyone else who isn't sure, remember that you can change vote by clicking "Show Vote Options" ?

They had a Pokemon press conference today. That is where Home got announced. We also got Pokemon Sleep. Which is the Go equivalent for sleep. No, I don't know what that actually means. 

3 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Have you really never seen the 

Nobody:

X: 

Meme?

It came about after JK rowling started saying shit about her char's sex life despite no one asking

Ex.

Nobody:

JK: Dobby could Deep throat a whole nimbus 2000

For once I'm not the normie lol

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/nobody

Actually about pokemon. Is Sword/Shield being saved for E3 then? What a let down

Edited by TheEternalWinter

2 hours ago, TheEternalWinter said:

Have you really never seen the 

Nobody:

X: 

Meme?

It came about after JK rowling started saying shit about her char's sex life despite no one asking

Ex.

Nobody:

JK: Dobby could Deep throat a whole nimbus 2000

For once I'm not the normie lol

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/nobody

Actually about pokemon. Is Sword/Shield being saved for E3 then? What a let down

I don't think the question was about the nobody meme so much as Cow not getting what you were referring to. 

June 5th Pokemon Direct and June 12 the E3 direct. 

Yeah I love the Shield Legend design.

Video for the direct

Everything looks so dang good the scenery ahhhhhhh

Corviknight might be a new favorite.

Right and keep in mind everyone, any specifics please put into a spoiler.

Crow and Turtle are my favorite designs. Sheep is indeed adorable, and based on its descriptions, a mood. 

Not sure how I feel about Dynamax. ATM seems like a weird mix of Mega (stat buffs) and Z-Moves (powered up attacks). 3 turn limit makes me think the moves won't be as powerful as Z-Moves. I do wish they wouldn't introduce new mechanics like this every Gen.

The addition of Drednaw means I can have an all-turtle/tortoise Pokemon team since they're my favorite animals. Blastoise, Torkoal, Torterra, Carracosta, Turtonator, and Drednaw.

Also, the more I look at Dynamaxing, the more I like it. It's flashy as hell, but also simple yet effective, and can easily be applied to every single Pokemon unlike Mega Evolutions. It also allows for more interesting strategy, imo. With Mega Evolutions for the most part you just pop it and go and it lasts the whole battle, meanwhile Z-Moves are largely just when you wanna one shot something or get a huge boost, and so there's not much depth to either. I'm assuming we'll have a versus mode that allows for Dynamaxing and that'll be super fun.

I'm also super curious if audience members at the Gyms have to sign a waiver or something, cuz if you go to watch one of those fights you're just asking to die.

I'm leaning more towards Shield after thinking about it. Zamazenta is a way cooler name, and when the sword/shield is powered up I find Zacien's sword seems a bit overdone, especially since the pommel, guard, and blade get all big but the grip remains the same size to fit in its mouth and that looks silly and bothers me.

Edited by Shradow

Posted in a status but gonna post this hot take here in regards to the news of not having all Mons in the game.

I've never transferred a mon and my favorite game was black and white which had a super limited amount of pokemon

This does not affect me in the slightest

I've never really been one for maintaining my Pokemon across games, either. I have perfect IV shiny Pokemon I've bred that stopped really mattering to me when I started playing the next game. Besides, I haven't touched my Pokemon Bank account in forever so anything I did have on there is surely lost by now anyways.

Also, first Sonia and now Nessa? Nintendo on top of their waifu game for this one, I'm sure there's countless fanart already.

Edited by Shradow

I'm actually super disappointed that we can't move Pokemon up. They made a big point during the presser a couple weeks back about how important that is to players and not letting like half the Pokemon migrate up is so weird on the back of that. Not to mention, how much functionality does Home serve if it can only move pokemon from earlier gens to Gen 8 if they are already in Gen 8. It all strikes me as very weird. I've seen people saying you couldn't move all pokemon when Bank went live for Gens 6 and 7, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Anyway, other than that we got two more Pokemon. The Electric Corgi mentioned in the leak and a Dark/Fairy Imp. Both are interesting and I'm curious to see how evolve.  

32 minutes ago, Flame Dragon said:

I'm actually super disappointed that we can't move Pokemon up. They made a big point during the presser a couple weeks back about how important that is to players and not letting like half the Pokemon migrate up is so weird on the back of that. Not to mention, how much functionality does Home serve if it can only move pokemon from earlier gens to Gen 8 if they are already in Gen 8. It all strikes me as very weird. I've seen people saying you couldn't move all pokemon when Bank went live for Gens 6 and 7, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Anyway, other than that we got two more Pokemon. The Electric Corgi mentioned in the leak and a Dark/Fairy Imp. Both are interesting and I'm curious to see how evolve.  

It's still very possible that post-game might unlock the ability to transfer and/or more will be added later. But yeah I get it sucks for some but for others like me and Shradow it's a non-issue and Twitter has been full of people saying this will kill the game and I just don't see that happening.

BUT YES CORGI IS CUTE

Impidimp I both love and hate. It's so weird I can't help but like it. The name is ridiculous too. Impidimp. It's both incredible and stupid.

They say they can't make everything transferable over concerns of development time and balance, but I could see them maybe patching in and making more transferable later down the line with updates.