Sign in to follow this  
reparoni

Year of the Dragon News

hs-gen-logo-lg-c05665a3596018f766422e2ff

Link to Site

As we wait for the next expansion to come out, we now have our list of Hall of Fame cards.

Hall of Fame

BwdAsS4.png?1
u3AFaQk.png?1gPMHWv3.png?1

I think these three were good choices for Hall of Faming, although I'm going to miss Doomguard. I am really happy to see Naturalize and Divine Favor go away, however. Will be interesting to see what cards they print in the absence of these lads. Genn and Baku, however, are surprise, especially since the last expansion had what was basically Odd Mage support. They were obviously very powerful cards in the meta, warping it to the point where most decks were either Odd or Even (or Hunter). Also this is a lot of dust we're getting from the Hall of Fame, which is nice. While not technically part of the Hall of Fame, it is also important to note that we're losing Journey to Un’Goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, and Kobolds & Catacombs once the first expansion of Year of the Dragon comes out.

Single-Player Experience

AE3I61NHVPPQ1551306604187.jpg

It seems like we're getting something akin to Adventures back, although without adventure cards. Instead the rewards are card packs for each chapter, and a gold pack plus card back for the whole thing. From what it said on the page, they're expanding upon the Dungeon-Run style content which is great because I loved those game modes. There's also a legendary card in there, not sure if you can get it from just the first free chapter or if you need to complete the whole thing. Also not sure what Anomaly Mode would be. Each Chapter is 700 gold, and the whole "adventure" can be bought for 20 bucks. Pretty excited for this, honestly.

Arena

ERAEO99MEDLS1550882237489.png

Apparently Arena is getting rotating sets as well. With the first rotation, the Arena draft pool will contain the following sets: Basic, Classic, Curse of Naxxramas, Whispers of the Old Gods, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, The Witchwood, and the first expansion of this year. Additionally, Arena now counts towards the 500 wins towards Gold Heroes. I thought it did before, but I guess not. Should be interesting to see how the Arena meta changes with this in mind.

Genn and Baku really needed to go. They've warped the meta so much and on a fundamental level their design is broken. While some changes COULD be made to them, the design intent would basically be lost. Happy they are also killing the other even/odd cards since they basically do nothing without those two. Excited to see what things will be like without them around since between them and the Death Knights going the game is going to be VERY different.