Tormented

NCM VERSION 1.0 ARCHIVE - Change Log - Last Updated 11/12/20

I'll note down any changes that I've made to the site along with the time it was changed (hopefully to keep track of what's been improved or what's broken what)

I will mention users in posts of what I consider are significant updates that might change how you could use the site and vice versa, smaller updates will likely just be updated on the master list below.

Please post any feedback in this thread.

2019:

• The site released for public use - 6th January 2019
  • Added a modified user info panel on posts, provides more information/features - 7th January 2019
  • Reverted user info panel modification - 8th January 2019
  • Added Old/Classic Spoiler system, needs some work but functional - 8th January 2019
  • User Ranks have been moved below member groups similar to how they were on YCM - 8th January 2019
  • Dimensions for profile headers have been modified to allow for a larger size - 8th January 2019
  • Added "My Activity" link to the user dropdown in the user bar at the top of the page - 9th January 2019
  • Enabled source to be visible by all members - 9th January 2019
  • Modified profiles to show the "About Me" as the default tab, similar to how it functioned on YCM. - 9th January 2019
  • Clubs and Blogs have been moved to a more prominent position in the nav bar - 11th January 2019
  • Enabled an anti-spam feature to ensure we aren't attacked by spambots etc - 11th January 2019
  • Added a birthday icon next to usernames when it's a users' birthday  ? - 11th January 2019
  • Pinned topics are now collapsible - 8th February 2019
  • Introduced a Thread Starter feature that allows you to provide info on a subject that is automated (currently only supports Steam-based games but I'll continue to add more as I find them) - 22nd February 2019
  • Neo Card Maker - Gradient theme is released for public use - 1st April 2019
  • AntiSpam has been updated to try and circumvent more bots - 15th August 2019
  • Enabled group mentioning (To be monitored) - 17th September 2019
  • Added a nice little animation to the notification bell when you have a notification - 17th September 2019
  • Awards system updated to 1.3.2 instead of 1.2.2 - 18th September 2019
  • Added functionality to view Display Name History on Profiles - 18th September 2019
  • Added a mention user button on posts for easier mentioning - 18th September 2019
  • Added auto-acroynm functionality - 19th September 2019
  • You can now purchase Profile Background images for 1000 points in the Members Shop - 25th September 2019
  • Added Topic Starter badge - 27th September 2019
  • Added additional information in user profiles, as well as providing the information in a clearer manner - 10th October 2019
  • Added a button to change themes in the nav bar - 11th October 2019
  • Enabled a feature configure away messages - 14th October 2019
  • Added advanced stats to topics - 14th October 2019
  • Added Neo Card Maker - Borx theme - 14th October 2019
  • Enabled enhanced status updates feature - 14th October 2019
  • Added a view all statuses button on the main page - 22nd October 2019
  • Added Latest Blog Entries block to further promote Blog updates and usage - 23rd October 2019
  • Included a new backup system to further increase redundancy for the site - 4th December 2019
  • Added an unread button to threads which will take users to the first unread post in a thread (if applicable) - 18th December 2019
  • Added a "Similar Content" section on posts to allow users to look at similar content at the end of a post - 18th December 2019
  • Emails are now directed and received @ noreplay@neocardmaker.com, gmail should now work more efficiently - 19th December 2019
  • Enabled different views for the site, Table / Grid and Fluid - 19th December 2019
  • NCM Spectrum has been released for public use (contains background picker) - 20th December 2019

2020:

• You can now play Blackjack to earn (or lose) points! It's a fully simulated system with random generation and live winnings! LINK
  • NCM Uniform has been released - 11th December 2020

User info feels a bit cluttered. If you ask me, I think displaying post/topic/follower count, points, and reputation isn't needed.

Edited by Thar

Didn't YCM have a ton of information on the side at one point? It was a bit strange, and yeah, this feels like it makes more sense in a person's profile than on the sidebar.

So here's what we can display if I list them then perhaps the site can come to some sort of mutual agreement on what we want.

Cover Photo, Topic Starter Badge, User Group, Secondary Group Images, User Rank, User ID, Topic Count, Topic per Day ratio, Post count, Post per day ratio, Reputation, Member of the Month wins, Birthday, Joined Date, Online Status, Last Activity (when last active), Timezone, Followers, Device (which is being used), Clubs, points and awards.

It is a long list and some of them are useful but obviously, there is a lot here.

Cover Photo

User Group

Secondary Group Images

User Rank

User ID (assuming this is the username)

Online Status

are the only necessary ones, and then Post Count/Reputation maybe? Don’t think anything else is needed in sidebar.

29 minutes ago, Suzu said:

Cover Photo

User Group

Secondary Group Images

User Rank

User ID (assuming this is the username)

Online Status

are the only necessary ones, and then Post Count/Reputation maybe? Don’t think anything else is needed in sidebar.

Pretty much entirely seconding this. If anything else, the Topic Starter one could be neat? But everything else doesn't seem useful enough to bother when they're more suited to profile than anything else.

6 minutes ago, Nico said:

Pretty much entirely seconding this. If anything else, the Topic Starter one could be neat? But everything else doesn't seem useful enough to bother when they're more suited to profile than anything else.

Not sure why the topic starter is needed, wouldn't you know before you came to the topic? It's also at the top anyway, so seems pointless.

1 minute ago, Zaziuma said:

Not sure why the topic starter is needed, wouldn't you know before you came to the topic? It's also at the top anyway, so seems pointless.

So it still is. That extra little reminder in certain cases seems like it'd be more useful than it probably is, I guess.

1 minute ago, Nico said:

So it still is. That extra little reminder in certain cases seems like it'd be more useful than it probably is, I guess.

Eh, I guess it's fine, but it is the biggest item there from what I can see.

Just got on desktop. The profile banner that appears behind the profile picture definitely isn't needed. It just takes up space and only covers a line behind the profile picture leaving this huge white spot in like that U shape around it in my opinion, and it usually just ends up as clutter that gets squished/distorted due to the image not being the proper size ratio 99% of the time. If it was able to be toggled per-user for whether they want to show their own profile banner in the side image, that would be fine in my opinion if it could be left on off by default, because otherwise it kind of makes a lot of clutter when it usually distorts the images too because it squishes the images to that ratio and relies directly on the profile banner.

Group, Title, Post Count, Reputation, Status, and Points are the only needed text-fields in my opinion, and Post Count/Reputation/Points are the less necessary among them.

As for image wise, only the profile picture itself, not the banner, and the level icon or whatever (or any other custom group icon) would be needed in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, and returning the Title to above the profile picture would be lovely. Would look nicer, and the way it is, some of the longer titles get pushed off the line (like mine for eg, and others too I've seen).
Between post count, reps, and points, I feel like post count is more relevant than reps and reps are more relevant than points.
Eg, add them in along that order, and take them off starting with points if it ends up taking too much space

Bottom line, I feel like only profile picture, the level stars, the group name, the title name (moved back to above profile picture), post count, and status are really necessary and the rest can just be seen through checking the profile itself.

Pretty much just something like this here (for those without custom usergroup images and those with respectively (screenshotted from Google Cache) :

Edited by Suzu

Could you maybe move the level stars under the group name thing (eg, Administrators, Members, etc)?

Otherwise, everything looks great now. Thanks Ash!

Oof, was worth a shot. Thanks a ton anyhow, Torm ❤️

Thanks again Torm ❤️

I've added an anti-spam feature (mostly intended to stop malicious links/bots etc) Can you lot let me know if you run into any issues when posting?

Everything looks great so far, no issues with posting as far as I can see for now.

Added ThreadStarter Steam which provides information on a game assuming you provide the games name.

MET9eCz.png

An example provided in my Slay the Spire thread here.

Added the ability to mention a group of people rather than one specific member @Moderator (For example)

image.png@Members

I'll leave this open for anyone to use at the moment but obviously let's not abuse this feature! (Please ? )

Acronyms are automatically generated for certain acronyms.

Please let me know in this thread.

If there's anything else you would like to add.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.