Rinne

Titans: Legacy [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

TITANS LEGACY
CH. 1: SPUTTERING?

OOC

Infrastructure was a hot commodity in Imbrium City. For a metropolis ostensibly named after a lunar sea, there seemed to be a surprising dearth of oceanfront real estate. So even though the Titans headquarters on the water like their counterparts, they couldn’t afford the soaring T-shaped tower present in other cities. Instead, the Titans North complex was a rambling set of converted warehouses around a central lookout, the only real sign that it belonged to an outpost of superheroes being the logo etched over the main entrance.

It was through here that six soggy and very downtrodden-looking young heroes made their way. Capricorn was leading the trek back: he wasn’t pissed or anything, but the expression on his face would lead one to believe otherwise.

“Storm Sire- Milly,” he started, before quickly shaking what felt like a gallon of seawater out of his ear. “Please talk to Ocean Master some time about not siccing his attack crabs on us next time we have to go anywhere near the ocean. If you can,” he added. “I’m sick of having Atlantis’ high prince of villainy complicating what was otherwise a straightforward mission. We’re not even in the Atlantic, for gods’ sake!”

The round communicator holstered on Capricorn’s arm beeped as it interfaced with the complex’s security system, setting the glass doors to slide open with a whir. “And c’mon guys… We’ve been together for what, six months now? But we’re still making these strategic fouls!” He plodded in, a trail of seawater following him, and collapsed onto the couch. The Bow of the Hunt clattered next to him, dissolving into a plume of purple smoke as he recalled it.

“What will Evergreen say…? Ugh.” He flopped back, fully expecting his teammates to castigate him over his uncharacteristic negativity. Oh well. He was owed it every so often.

OOC: Welcome to Teen Titans North HQ, your home away from home. Having returned from an oceanic sojourn (rescuing a submarine of innocent sailors from a malicious villain), you're here to chill... for now. Feel free to interact with your fellow heroes for a few posts: the first actual mission will kick off soon enough.

Edited by Rinne

Milly herself didn't actually suffer from the wetness as much. After all, she was a living cloud. Her body was pretty much untouched, much things considered. She was feeling a bit bad about the situation, though She looked at Capricorn with concern walking to him and placing her hand in his shoulder. "I am deeply sorry. His dislike of walkers is pretty indiscriminate. And I do not think I can be the one to change his mind about something, specially given the last time I bailed on him ald got him captured." She goes to the rest of the team, checking if they are fine outside of being severely wet. "I do think, indeed, we must do something about our lack of team strategy." She looks at the team, a bit with concern, but also with somewhat of a critical eye. "I do not think it's excusable for me saying this, but he was my mentor and he knows my powers and abilities pretty well, as does my weaknesses, so he had the advantage in the battle."

Edited by ZetaRESP

sakura-clipart-bunga-748200-923174.png

Even though her home country was water-locked, she was never fond of having to deal with the ocean.  However, it wasn't all bad.  After all, she managed to score a giant crab leg, as she hauled it behind the rest of the Titans.  Hinata also made sure to strain her hair as best she could, before the entered the Titans North Headquarters.  Although it wasn't as lavish as the original Titan's Tower, she couldn't help but think it was a little more humble, and a little less obnoxious.  How pretentious did someone have to be to order a contract like that in the first place?  It didn't matter.  What mattered is she was finally...home?  She shuddered at the thought of calling this place the H-word.  Capricorn, of course, was the first one to say anything.  

“Storm Sire- Milly, please talk to Ocean Master some time about not siccing his attack crabs on us next time we have to go anywhere near the ocean. If you can.  I’m sick of having Atlantis’ high prince of villainy complicating what was otherwise a straightforward mission. We’re not even in the Atlantic, for gods’ sake!  And c’mon guys… We’ve been together for what, six months now? But we’re still making these strategic fouls!  What will Evergreen say…? Ugh.”

"I am deeply sorry. His dislike of walkers is pretty indiscriminate and he tends to not care about who he hits for his goals.  I do think, indeed, we must do something about our lack of team strategy."

Hinata mocked both of her teammates speech with some opening and closing of her hand.  Once she felt satisfied, she threw her ponytail over her shoulder, and placed a hand on the hilt of her weapon.  With the other hand, she removed her mask, letting her horns breath for a minute.  

"Speak for yourselves, humans.  My technique is impeccable.  You just insist on getting in my way."  She stated bluntly.  "Don't go blaming your lack of coordination on me."  She said, as she started dragging the giant crab leg towards the kitchen.  "You're the leader, right?  If you feel that much shame, why don't you just commit seppuku?  I could help if you desire?"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Elijah was undamped by the affair, ironically. His smile was plenty cheerful even as his giant crab claws morphed back into ordinary, tan arms. With a brief moment of concentration he raised his body temperature, and the water on his person steamed off as he pulled his hoodie and jacket over his shoulders. A sigh of contentment slipped out and a pair of swim goggles morphed back into circular sunglasses.

"Come on i fili mou, cheer up," He insisted, "We made it out alive and so did the sailors. Mission accomplished.

Of course, the submarine was probably unrecoverable, the sailors were definitely scarred for life, and there were still a dozen giant crabs somewhere out in the Atlantic Ocean that might become a problem later. Elijah didn't mention any of that for decency's sake, but if he had to be the only positive one in this miserable northern city, then so be it.

"OK! Well!" Elijah clapped his hands together and started towards the kitchen. "It's no use mopin' around. I'm gonna go bake some cookies. Who wants?"

6J3fnzd.png

P8RxUXN.png

"Man, y'all need to lighten up!" Shadi exclaimed, launching himself next to Capricorn with a laugh, almost threatening to dislodge the team leader from the couch. Unlike the others, he appeared to be rather amused despite their less than stellar performance as a team. "So we got a bit wet... So what? Hell, a little bath never hurt nobody!"

Apparently unaware of the fact that he himself was dripping seawater all over the couch, Shadi kicked back his legs with a sigh of contentment, crossing his arms behind his head, his smile widening as he closed his eyes, fulling preparing to take advantage of the rest of the day. "Besides, those crabs weren't so bad. Y'all wanna see some really scary crabs, y'all go talk to the girls turning tricks in the Bronx. I ain't never seen nothing so messed up in my goddamn life."

"Ok! Well! It's no use mopin' around. I'm gonna go bake some cookies. Who wants?" Elijah asked, clapping his hands together and heading towards the kitchen in an attempt to raise the group's morale.

"Man, forget the cookies... We're off duty now, right? Can't we like, crack open some beers or something?"

"Come on i fili mou, cheer up, we made it out alive and so did the sailors. Mission accomplished.

"Elijah's right, let's just cool down" Darius said, throwing his trenchcoat on the hanger "There's no need to start a fight. We've been together for more than half a year, we should have settled this by now!"

Heading for his room, he started unlatching his protections and holsters and went in it to take a quick shower to wash the saltwater away. After putting on some dry chlothes and coming out said "Ya know, after all this fuckery, I feel a little bit hungry. Is there anything to eat?" trynig to change the subject.

"Ok! Well! It's no use mopin' around. I'm gonna go bake some cookies. Who wants?"

"Man, forget the cookies... We're off duty now, right? Can't we like, crack open some beers or something?"

"Yeah, I think we can. Everyone's cool with it? By the way, if Hinata leaves me a part of her crab leg, who'd like some crab ravioli for dinner? I know a nice recipe and I think we have all the ingredients here!" Darius asked, approaching the little group that was gathering in the kitchen "Elijah, could you give me some help?"

Edited by ArgosPanoptes

“Mind sliding one of those beers my way, dude?” Capricorn finished wringing the towel that he had been using to dry his hair. He had pulled his bun apart, letting his long hair hang to his shoulders. “I could use a bit of a buzz right now.” He fiddled with his costume, unbuckling his arm sleeve and pulling his top off, revealing the lattice of scars that crossed his chest. “Ah, that’s better…”

Capricorn—well, Finn now—sighed in relief, as if the weight of duty as Capricorn was lifted off of him in that moment. “Elijah, I get why you just make your own costume now,” he shouted towards the kitchen. “Spandex can be too damn constricting.” He looked up to ascertain the locations of his teammates. Diviner was slumped out on the couch across from him. Impact and Nano were in the kitchen, rustling up grub. Storm Siren was slouched in the corner, her face an indecipherable mask. And Cherry…

gHe sighed again, this time out of exasperation. Hinata was not a team player. He didn’t understand why the League ended up vouching for her inclusion on the Titans. While Finn was quite familiar with the supernatural, the oni were one of the most hostile races towards humankind—a mantle she seemed hellbent on upholding. Every mission she went on seemed to come with a chip on her shoulder, as if humanity ought to lick her boots for helping out. Finn would’ve had a word with her, but frankly he knew she wouldn’t listen. Dropping his head in his hands, Finn looked out to the now-setting sun on the horizon.

“Sure is nice out there, Rashid.” His air of tranquility was punctuated, though, by a loud grumble from his stomach.

“How’re those beers coming, boys!?” he hollered again.

OOC: One more round of relaxation, then we begin.

Edited by Rinne

Elijah laughed. "Tell you what, give me a week to put on a few pounds, I can make you some fabric for a better one."

Elijah pulled a box of brown sugar out of the cupboards. "As for the crab Darius, I wouldn't take the chance." Elijah's hand turned into a mixer as he poured sugar into a metal bowl. "I don't care if it was trying to kill us an hour ago: God only knows what kind of chemicals it takes to make crabs that big." A cord spooled out of his elbow and plugged into the wall. Moments later, Elijah was mixing ingredients at breakneck speed. Sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, flour, the recipe was like breathing. The less he thought about it, the easier it came.

It took mere minutes, and by the time he'd scooped the dough out onto a tray, he needed only to touch the oven and send it roaring up to 350 degrees. "Won't be long now." He slid the tray in the oven and dusted the flour off his hands. God, there's something almost therapeutic about the process of baking cookies. Maybe it just reminds me of home.

Oh.

And that's when the cold pang of guilt in his chest came up. Elijah ignored it and forced a smile. "So, Darius. Those were some pretty sweet moves back there. On your part. Where'd you learn how to fight?"

Storm Siren sighed and got up. "I guess father was right. These walkers are not looking to be a team and the demon girl was becoming a liability for the team. She's too prideful to accept help and the difference of culture between her and the rest is pretty predominant. I may need to try and get closer to her and see if her callousness with us can be diminished..." She quickly became gas and went into her room. Once there, she took her clothes from the ground and reformed herself with them around, retaking her civilian form, including her glasses and wig. She walked out of the room and back the the living room, carrying a book in her hand. "I would like a piece of that crab leg myself, miss Hinata. And I appreciate your concern, Mr. Elijah, but I can assert the size of the crab is not related to any chemical abnormality on the sea. I had seen such crabs with father in the past down in the depths." She sits down and sighs. "Of course, that means we'll likely deal with more of these from father until we find out just what he wants."

Edited by ZetaRESP

There was no response to her suggestion of seppuku, so Hinata just shrugged her shoulders and continued to drag the giant crab leg away.  

"Ok! Well! It's no use mopin' around. I'm gonna go bake some cookies. Who wants?"

Hinata rolled her eyes at all of the suggestions.  Instead of lazing around after a mission, maybe they could've tried a little harder to be people worthy of actually working with.  Is this all human adults did on a daily basis.  It was kind of pathetic.  As she was about to exit the main quarters, she could hear the only other female on the team call out.

"I would like a piece of that crab leg myself, miss Hinata.

Hinata's eye twitched.  Such greed.  

"Excuse me, Miss Siren, but I don't recall asking anyone if they'd like a piece."  She stated, coldly.  After all, she was the one who cut it off, drug it back, and had the intention of frying the thing piece by piece.  As she entered the kitchen, she found a large enough pot to fit small pieces of the crab leg into it, and filled it with water.  The only one in the kitchen with her now was that Elijah, the one with the wicked machinery in his body.  "Is it truly becoming of a human male to be making 'cookies' after a performance like that?"  She asked bluntly.  She had been with these humans for so long, and yet she felt like they were all ghosts up until this point.  

Elijah shrugged. "My nanites shapeshift by rearranging, reassembling, and replicating my cells. Burns calories like crazy." Elijah opened the oven and morphed a thick, fireproof layer of black material over his hand as he grabbed the hot pan and set it on the counter. "I've already had lunch, and it's a little early for dinner. So I'm putting some carbs in my system for now, and making enough for you guys while I'm at it. I'm just doing upkeep, emotional and physical. S'got nothin' to do with what's "becoming" or not."

He picks up a flat metal scraper and piles the fresh cookies onto a plate. He produces a carton of milk and fills a glass before popping an entire cookie in his mouth at once. "
Ash for--" He swallowed. "As for my performance, I can't change the past. Only do better next time. Like these: A little crunchy on the outside, but with a soft center. They're really thick though-- too much flour. I can't fix this batch, but I can use less flour in the future." He pops another cookie in his mouth and chews, humming with delight. 

"So, Darius. Those were some pretty sweet moves back there. On your part. Where'd you learn how to fight?

"Well, I picked up most of it trying to fight street thugs in Seattle, the rest is all self taught. You don't need that much skill to throw knives around." Said Darius, picking a cookie up "But I don't understand how I am the most interesting of the group. You know, between everyone here, I am the most boring one. We are in the same team as a living storm, a clairvoyant, a japanese demon girl who almost older than me and you combined, THE LITERAL SON OF DEATH HIMSELF and you, who are mostly made of nanomachines; I am only a guy who throws shit real hard..." now reaching for another one " By the way, nice cookies! You have to teach me how to cook sweets, I'm only good with salty stuff." 

"I would like a piece of that crab leg myself, miss Hinata."

"Excuse me, Miss Siren, but I don't recall asking anyone if they'd like a piece."

"Aw, come on Hinata, it's not like you'll eat all of it. It's a 8 feet and a half crab leg that is wider than both my arms, I'll need around 400 grams of it and I think she won't eat more than 200.  I think that cutting off 600 grams from 13 pounds worth of crab meat won't make much difference."

Edited by ArgosPanoptes

6J3fnzd.png

P8RxUXN.png

"Mind sliding one of those beers my way, dude?" Finn asked, shaking his long hair free as he slid out of his spandex outfit, revealing a rather impressive array of scars on his chest. "Ah, that's better..."

Shadi shifted his weight on the couch, his dark gaze lingering for a moment on his teammate, more than a little curious. Although they had been working together for a while now, the other man had yet to share the story behind those scars with his teammates... Then again, perhaps it was just as well. Some stories just weren't meant to be shared.

"Aye yo, make that one more beer!" Shadi called, raising his voice so that the rest of the team could hear him over their kitchen squabbles about cookies and crabs, of all things. "Boss man's thirsty, y'all."

"Sure is nice out there, Rashid," Finn observed, looking out towards the setting sun, though his words were cut off by a loud grumble from his stomach. "How're those beers coming, boys?!" he hollered, this time with considerably less grace.

"Man, these kids are hopeless," Shadi muttered ruefully, half-chuckling to himself as he swung his legs off the couch. "Sit yourself back boss man, I got it. Two beers, coming right up!"

Poking his head into the kitchen, Shadi could make out the rest of the team, still arguing over the mutant crab leg, or—in Elijah's case—whipping up some cookies. Like, literally. Any more cooking utensils poking out of his body, and the dude could put the local appliance store out of business.

"Don't mind me!" Shadi exclaimed, winking cheerfully at no one in particular as he raised his fingers to his temples, a low hum filling the air. An almond-shaped eye of golden light blossomed into existence across his forehead with a crackle, shooting a condensed beam of psychokinetic energy towards the refrigerator, whose door swung open automatically. Moments later, he returned to the common area humming to himself, two ice-cold beers floating merrily behind him, their frothy amber contents bubbling within their containers as they bobbed up and down, suspended in a nexus of golden light, before coming to a halt in front of Finn.

"Two ice-cold beers, on the house!" he announced, jerking his head to one side as the caps twisted off, falling to the floor with a satisfying click. Deftly snatching his own beer from midair, Shadi raised the bottle high in a toast. "Cheers to the weekend, man!"

Edited by Saiba Aisu

Elijah picked up the plate of cookies and started walking out of the kitchen. "Give yourself some credit, Darius. You have the least impressive powerset, which makes the fact that you can keep up with the rest of us so much more impressive! You've had to work so much harder to get to your skill level."

Making his way into the living room, Elijah set the plate down on a sidetable. "Yo, Cap. I've been wanting to ask. How does the whole demigod thing line up, scientifically?Do you have like, god-genes mixed in with your human genes? Is your blood gold, what are we working with here?" Of course, Elijah was mostly asking because the idea of copying some of Capricorn's powers through god DNA was VERY tempting, but he wanted to be upfront about it: That level of superstrength would be twice as useful with two members of the team using it, but if there were divine consequences for imitating the genetics of a god, he wasn't about to mess around with it.

Finn caught Rashid's eyes lingering over his exposed torso as the young psychokinetic drafted a couple of beers over to the couch, the golden third eye on the latter's forehead proving its worth. He instinctively flinched, as if the gaze was a push to topple him over. While Finn wasn't ashamed at showing off his body (and let's admit it, it was a nice body), the scars were a topic that had yet to be breached on Titans ground. Nobody had asked him yet, but frankly he wasn't willing to volunteer the details of the... episode that gave them to him. Family matters and all.

"Trust me dude, if I knew, I think we'd all be a lot better off." He absentmindedly manifested an arrow of purple light and started twiddling it around his fingers as one would a pencil, as Finn watched Elijah return to the couch with a plate of cookies. (His stomach growled more heavily at the sight. Finn chalked up a mental note: beer and sweets after every mission from now on.) Then he stopped, demanifesting the arrow as he turned the question over in his head.

"...I haven't had that much contact with Cernunnos, actually. He's very... ah, insistent at only appearing to me in my dreams, and the Horned God isn't chatty. But what I do know, is that I only inherited one aspect of his powers. A god has many domains, Elijah. Cernunnos is the god of fertility, wealth, the underworld, life, death..."

He took a swing of the beer before continuing. "And for me, the hunt. The turning of life into death." He suddenly manifested the Bow of the Hunt, nocked an arrow and let it fly in the direction of the kitchen. It whizzed past the bickering trio of Hinata, Darius and Millie, sheared off a strip of crab meat, and nailed it to the wall. The smell of divinely-roasted crab flesh sizzled from the now-crispy slice of meat, filling the air and making him even hungrier.

"Hinata, shouldn't we check if that thing's edible before we... y'know, eat it?" he hollered. The bow demanifested again as Finn took another swig of beer, his face souring. "And Rashid, don't serve me this piss again!" He chuckled. "Need a good Guinness next time."

OOC: Last welcome post, so get it in. Our first mission will kick off within the confines of the compound... and spoiler: we may not even step outside.

Edited by Rinne

Elijah sighed. "Mood." He dropped into a cross-legged sitting position by the coffee table. "I've got no idea how my powers work, just how to use them. Tech? Genetics? I got nothing." He tossed a whole cookie into the air and his jaw unhinged as he opened his mouth and snapped down on it like a breaching shark. "Well, if you inherit more of the death side, let me know where mimicking god DNA gets me sent after I die. I'm not trying to commit blasphemy in the name of vigilantism, you know?"

Millie sighed disappointed after the whole scene. "Forget it..." She actually was not hungry (and even if she was, she only can fill herself with non-solid food, for obvious reasons) and only wanted to talk with Hinata in a more non intrusive way. However, it was clear that the half demon girl was out of her reach for now, so she decided to head to her room once more and listen to some "music" there, which was actually just ocean sounds in a rhythmical way. She was an easy to entertain person, it seems. She looked at the ceiling, wondering about Hinata and how would this team get together, specially if one of the members would not get to team play properly.

6J3fnzd.png

P8RxUXN.png

"A god has many domains, Elijah," Finn murmured, elaborating on his alleged father's divine repertoire. "Cerunnos is the god of fertility, wealth, the underworld, life, death..."

"So basically, what you're saying is that your old man's horny—literally—and loaded? That ain't so bad. Could be worse," Shadi observed, sitting back down on the couch, his beer clutched in one hand. Apparently, he was the only one who wasn't keen on mutant crab monster for dinner. Just as well.

"Rashid, don't serve me this piss again!" Finn growled, taking another swig of beer with a sour expression on his face, evidently displeased. "Need a good Guinness next time."

"Man, next time I ain't serving your ungrateful ass shit," Shadi replied, shrugging his shoulders with a grin. "Slavery is over, y'all white folk can't tell me what to do anymore. Get with the times!"

Edited by Saiba Aisu

"Haha, whatever you say, dude. You weren't even born on the continent, right?" The buzz was getting to Finn a bit: he leaned back on the couch feeling completely at ease, almost uninhibited. Which was quite rare in the heroing biz. Of course, not everyone in the tower shared his feelings of relaxation: the girls had went off to do who-knows-what, neither of them being particularly sociable. Hinata in particular bothered him. He couldn't shake the feeling that her loyalties to the team were merely transactional, the bargaining chip being something he couldn't comprehend.

Whatever. Time for booze. Rashid, Elijah and Darius by his side, Finn drank the night away as the sun sank into the horizon.

CH. 2: LIGHTS OUT

3am-ish the next day...

So it struck him by surprise several hours later when a faint sensation of static in the air awoke Finn from his inebriated slumber. Jolting upright, he groggily wiped the sleep away from his eyes and surveyed the living room with a falconer's eyes, the hangover fizzling away. (Benefit of being a demigod #27: inhuman alcohol tolerance.) He was on high alert.

By the looks of it, the only other Titan out with him was Darius, snoring away on the couch. Rashid and Elijah must've retired early, although the use of that word in this context was relative. That wasn't unusual. What was, though, was just how pitch dark the room was. Normally, the main living room was illuminated by the flickering LEDs of the security system, T.A, silently patrolling and watching out for any invaders. However, it was stunningly black, the only light filtering into the bay windows being the bobbing lights of fishing boats in the harbor.

Finn frowned. He let divine blood pulse through his arm, summoning the Bow of the Hunt to his hand. Striding across the room, he took in the changed surroundings. "T.A., status."

No response. Which was bad. All the doors in the building were automatic and built into T.A: it was going to take some hacking in to move between rooms now.

'Must be a power outage,' Finn thought, but then shook his head. His instincts didn't do him wrong. This wasn't your ordinary blackout.

He shook Darius awake. "Hey, Impact. Something's not right. I can feel it." The fact that he switched to codenames would only signal the gravity. "Can you help me round up the others?"

OOC: The stage is set... but for what, I can't yet say. Capricorn and Impact are in the main room, the others in their respective rooms—unwittingly locked in. Get to the main room by whatever means possible, but I may throw a wrench in there if given the chance. ?

Storm Siren was asleep, as usually happens when it's 3 a.m. She didn't feel the lack of light and, in fact, short of her being in the bed, dreaming of making paces with her father, it was all well... then fragments of memory from her past suddenly appeared in her mind, a kinda recurrent nightmare, and she woke up. She looked at the room and noticed it was totally dark... which was bad, she quickly went into storm form, phasing from her clothes and her bed and reforming in her uniform at the feet of the bed, while she tried to see if she could light the way with a candle, a small lightning storm strike turning it on, then she tried to see if the door or a window would open. If not, she would try to see if she could get into storm form and phase through the door.

"What? Ah, codenames, this means serious shit" said Darius as he woke up "Ok, let's just not make too much noise. I'll go get my equipment and then I'll go wake up Nano and Diviner. Let's meet up here when you've gathered the others."

Trying to not trip over stuff and with a torch in hand, he made his way to his room, changing in his uniform chlothes and putting on protections and gadgets. There was something wrong in his home and he was going to find out what. He set his goggles to night vision and went out of the room, knives in hand, and set out to wake the others.

Some time had passed after Hinata had fallen into a blissful crab meat coma, and she found herself waking up with a slightly rumbling tummy.  Rising from her bed, she went to go turn on the lights, rubbing her eyes.  She thought she'd flipped the switch, but maybe she had missed due to her drowsiness.  Taking a closer look, she had tried to turn the light on, but they seemed to not be working.  Her eyes had adjusted to the dark in the meantime, so she decided to light some candles in her room instead.  The little light that they all provided gave her the way to her bathroom.  However, when she tried to open the door, it would remain shut.  It was a door that only operated with functioning power.  Her stomach growled, as she winced.

"Troublesome..."  She groaned.  It seemed as if the whole Tower's power had been shut off.  Did the league forget to pay the power bill?  Regardless, she needed to use the toilet.  And only one thing stood between her and that.  Placing a hand on her blade's hilt, and a shimmering light emanating from her horns, Hinata drew her blade straight up in a flash.  All of the flames that lit the candles in her room were snuffed in an instant.  The only light remaining was that of the ghostly blue glow coming from her horns.  She sighed, as the door before her fell into pieces before her.  She sheathed her sword, as she walked over the threshold to the bathroom.

"The water better be running..."  She said to herself.

Charge: 75%

Elijah was a heavy sleeper. So heavy, in fact, that he did not wake up when the power went out. Rather, he remained blissfully unaware of the situation unfolding around him for some time, as well as the fact that he was no longer charging. Instead, he lay in the pile of blankets and pillows he called a bed, with headphones on, listening to the soft sound of wind and waves, dreaming of a hot day and a cold granita on a beach somewhere in the Mediterranean, muttering to himself in Greek...

"Then pirazi, mono patates... yia sas, kopeles... eiste se kalokairines diakopes?"

Diviner stumbled out into the hall, his costume rumpled as if it had been haphazardly yanked off the floor and jumped into in one movement… which, Finn knowing Rashid, was likely the case. He didn’t know how the psychic managed to get the door open, but the loud resonant hum from down the hall made him suspect some psychic hullabaloo was at play. The oracle only gave a groggy “Yo,” puncuated by a yawn that was part-howl with how loud it was.

Next down the hall was Cherry Blade, humphing with obvious disgust and dragging her sword against the ground. Capricorn winced at the sound. Knowing her, there’d be a neatly-bisected hunk of metal that was once a security door at the threshold of her rooms. She only shot a withering glance at the assembled Titans as she joined the group. Storm Siren following next, wafting down the hall in her costume with neither a word nor a care. Being an elemental spirit, he guessed she simply slipped through the airducts.

The only one to be missing was Nano. Knowing how exerted he was after their previous underwater mission, Capricorn suspected he was still fast asleep, metaphorically and literally recharging. Whatever: if Capricorn’s instincts were right, he wouldn’t be for long.

The small team of five gathered, and Capricorn lowered his voice conspiratorially. “I hope you all have noticed, but T.A. is offline. And with the web of backup generators we have, that’s unusual. I don’t think this is a standard blackout: as you’ve likely observed, your doors were locked by default… which they shouldn’t.” He looked around nervously, the Bow of the Hunt lightly tapping on his thigh.

“I’d like us to split up to investigate. Cherry Blade, Impact, you two make your way downstairs by the left wing, to the kitchen. Storm Siren, Diviner, the same through the right, to the workshop. I’ll canvass the top floor here, checking out the hangar, and see if I can’t wake our missing comrade.”

“When you encounter our foe, draw them back up here using any means necessary. Keep your communicators to a minimum—battery is at a premium.” The pointed use of when, not if, further underlined the leader’s suspicions.

"Unless, of course, there are any better ideas. Open to suggestions."

OOC: Follow Cap’s orders as outlined. Apologies for the delay.

Edited by Rinne

This was already a tiresome day, after having to exhaust her patience with all of the other Titans.  Now this was happening.  Sleepily, they all gathered together, in the dark.  The only was missing was Elijah, or 'Nano' as he liked to be called.  With the five of them gathered, Capricorn started to shoot off orders like he always did.  

“I’d like us to split up to investigate. Cherry Blade, Impact, you two make your way downstairs by the left wing, to the kitchen. Storm Siren, Diviner, the same through the right, to the workshop. I’ll canvass the top floor here, checking out the hangar, and see if I can’t wake our missing comrade.  When you encounter our foe, draw them back up here using any means necessary. Keep your communicators to a minimum—battery is at a premium.” 'Capricorns' words were mired with the fact that the enemy was afoot.  Hinata placed the mask that rest on her hip across her face, smiling underneath it.  "Unless, of course, there are any better ideas. Open to suggestions."

Hinata raised a hand.

"Of course I have a suggestion.  You all sit back, and let me handle this.  You're just going to get in my way again."  Hinata said, before dashing towards the stairs.  Obviously the elevators would be out of order, seeing as there truly was no power throughout the base.  She made haste to fly down the stairs, in an attempt to make as much distance between her and the one known as 'impact' as wide as possible.  

”