LordCowCow

MechA cademy [IC/PG-13/Co-Hosted by Skaia/Not Accepting]

Kansuke rolled his eyes as the boy walked away. "Tch. What a choffer," he muttered, "He's all talk." The stuff he'd said was annoying, but didn't shake him. Kansuke was going to be testing the future of Mecha piloting technology-- meanwhile that kid had probably never picked up a gun that wasn't half glorified flashlight, half special effects. What kind of nepotistic moron lets an child actor into a military academy anyways? What's he going to do, film propoganda? And FOR THAT MATTER, the guy had barely even listened to what Kansuke said-- the operative word was trying. Trying to make a difference. What they did, what they were before this place didn't count for anything to anyone but themselves.

OK so it shook him a little bit.

Turning around, he made his way over to the Mechanics teacher, where he stood in front of her, at-attention, provided there weren't any other students trying to speak to her. "Doctor Patete?" He asked. She has a doctorate, right? Yeah, probably.

"I'm Kansuke. I was assigned to pilot the HYD-Tyrannos. I was told to speak to you regarding--" He fought the urge to squirm, instead swallowing in discomfort at the thought of-- "The implant procedure, as soon as possible."

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"If you can't measure up to the school standards, dive off the rocks and don't come back. Otherwise, pull the silver out of your teeth and quit grandstanding. Nobody came here to deal with your crap, least of all the people actually committed to making a difference in the world."

"Oh? And what's this now? A difference you say. Oh my, how incredible. Care to tell me what kind of difference you've made so far? I'll be happy to hear what kind of difference you made slumming around in the gutters. Hate to break it to you like this but you should direct that uncouth behavior to someone who isn't in a prime position to make a difference. Like, say, yourself? Talk is cheap, friend, and nothing in this world comes free you know. But I guess it makes you sleep better at night thinking you can actually do something."

Now this was a turn of events that Chase was surprised to see. Some guy pretty much told Weston to off himself, well, give or take anyway. Though at the same time, the guy was right to a certain extent. No one, save for possibly a slew of the female students, came to listen or deal with whatever crap that Weston was shilling or giving. So kudos on the guy for telling the actor off...better him than Chase anyway.

Regardless, Weston was pretty much whisked away before he could do anymore harm, by his horned girl roommate...which did baffle the young man some. Guess around here, they don't mind that? Still...pretty weird...not used to seeing and hearing that. ...that poor girl, having to deal with him. Chase thought, shrugging his shoulders and moving back to make his way towards the transports.

Classes start tomorrow...so naturally I gotta find something to do for the remainder of the day...not that I don't mind the free time...but I was raring to go. he thought, boarding the transport. ...it's alright though, maybe I can actually attempt to gain back some of the sleep I've missed...provided my roommate isn't still there.

hzxKAxh.png

"Well, it's our last free day before school starts. So we should probably get going and um...do something...like...get ready for school! I'm sure there's an office supply store somewhere, right?"

"Ah, yeah, sure, sounds good to me. Let's go do the thing. We got the whole day ahead of us after all."

School shopping they would go then! Vivian tagged along, not exactly raring to go to go shopping for school supplies, but certainly not opposed to it either. In the end, Stella had chosen a place called Clips. The name sounded familiar. There was probably one in Vivian's city or something. The girl then began listing off all manner of school supplies, as well as the possibility of asking the vice principal about if they were allowed to bring their own chairs into the dorms. Vivian couldn't see any reason why not, but it was probably good to ask all the same. Though it all begged the question of where to start shopping...

"Notebooks sound like a good place to start," Vivian suggested. "We'll be using them all year, so we should start with the more permanent stuff and get ones we really like."

Away from the crowd, and the high tensions, Kelsey had calmed down. By the time they got to the shop that Stella picked out the girl was all smiles again. She only realized what they were doing when they entered the store. The idea that they had gone out to get school supplies lowered her enthusiasm slightly.

She watched as Stella geeked out about things like binders and folders and her smile grew wider and wider. Finally she dove towards the girl and wrapped her in a hug. Pressing her cheek to Stella's she said "Awww, aren't you the cutest nerd in the world." She teased before pulling back. "Only you could get so into something like this. You know I have no idea what I'm supposed to buy, right?"

She waved her mechanical hand around at the shelves. "All this might as well be another language as far as I'm concerned. How bout I just pay for whatever you pick out, sounds good right?"

"Doctor Patete?"

"I'm Kansuke. I was assigned to pilot the HYD-Tyrannos. I was told to speak to you regarding--The implant procedure, as soon as possible." 

Florence stared blankly at the boy. "I'm not the doctor. If you're sick go find the school nurse or something. We probably have one of those. Maybe I can build one...Hm, it would need some scalpels for hands....but wait what about non-surgery illnesses..."

She seemed to forget that Kansuke was there for a while and would need him to get her attention again. One he did she'd continue. "You're still here....hm, you look like someone I was supposed to do some implanting for." She sighed. "Such a hassle for so little return...fine, meet me at the nurse's office, I'll need her to stick things in you first."

The nurse's office, as it turned out, was much like what you'd expect from a school nurse. Except larger, with more monitors than usual on the walls, as well as a large shelf stocked with various fluids. Some of which seemed to be neon.

The nurse  looked up from her desk as they came in. "Oh, no." She said, sighing. "I hoped that we'd break the record of one day before a major injury...oh, but you seem to be perfectly well." The nurse seemed uncomfortably surprised by the lack of disfigurement. "Unless it's a brain issue."

"It is." Florence said. "His brain is broken. We need to fix it. Right?" Florence turned slightly towards Kansuke.

"How unfortunate...." The nurse looked to Kansuke and spoke slowly. "I am Nurse Profen. Ivy Profen. Can you understand me?"

As Chase made his way to his room he would notice something unfortunate for him.

Several doors down he saw the horned girl, Weston's roommate, standing in front of a door. He would notice that Weston's name was on the side of the door. Which meant that his room was near the movie star.

The girl was silently staring at the door, with one hand on the mechanism that would open it. With a sigh she pressed it and took several steps backwards.

A bucket dropped from above the doorway. And with it some kind of sticky, honey-like, liquid which splashed onto the ground and created a puddle.

Nodding to herself, seemingly resigned, the girl stepped over the puddle and returned shortly into the hallway with a hand-held cleaner and crouched to start cleaning the floor of the liquid.

The bird watched as the two made their way across the vast expanse that was the field. Somehow despite that they had ran past it the same bird was still ahead of them. Even though it was still just digging at the ground. Almost as if to say "Yes, you're still here, what are you going to do about it?"

Or perhaps the bird didn't intend anything by it. After all it was just a bird.

Spoiler

Since Keto said he'd post tonight I won't 3 strike him but I will say I'm worried about your interest level in this and if you intend to keep going with it. No need to push for things if not.

That being said tried to get a little bit in for everyone. Collabs are good things though so don't sleep on em.

Stella clapped her hands together as Vivian made her comment about going for notebooks. Nodding her head the girl said, "that's a good idea to start with. After  all- " before she could finish her statement, the girl then felt the arms of her friend wrap around her. While Stella was caught off guard at first, and simply let the girl hug her, it didn't take longer than half a second to remember that they were in public and that her new roommate was right in front of her as well. Her face turning flush as the girl teased her, Stella didn't really do anything other than attempt to look away from Kelsey, clearly more embarrassed than anything else by the whole thing. 

As she was freed, she looked to Kelsey saying, "well  you should really - um..." The girl's train of thought seemed to screech to a halt almost immediately as she had no idea what she was actually going to say, this only more emphasized by her stammering out a bit before simply mumbling out a, "sounds fine." Jolting alert as she looked to the side, again acknowledging that she was in public the girl simply blurted out, "right, notebooks!"

Leading the pack at a brisk pace, trying to recollect herself, the girl said, "I don't know what the classes are going to be like but we're probably going to want at least one book for every class. Or one of the larger ones with dividers in them, though those can get a bit limiting in space and also cumbersome to carry around all the time." While there were a variety of notebooks all lined up in different colors and patterns, Stella simply picked out a few that were but a basic black and white pattern on the cover. Naturally, she didn't get many for herself, but still ended up picking out all of the same kind for Kelsey as well. 

Looking to the duo next she said, "now that we have notebooks, the next best thing to get is something to write with. In general, it's best to buy a large bulk case of pens rather than a single expensive one. Not only are pens and pencils probably the most misplaced school supply but the cheaper ones tend to work just as well as the more expensive ones. Oh, be sure to get some red pens as well, they can always be handy as well." The girl had suddenly seemed to be next to a shelf and already had several cases of pens in hand, waving them around as she explained. 

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

Chase finally arrived near his room and took notice of a few things almost immediately. The first, that horned girl from earlier, the one who happened to be Weston's roommate. The second, the name on said door she stood in front of...naturally it said "Weston" on it...but this meant he was near the star's room.

...joy...

However, he stopped slightly when the girl sighed and pressed it and stepped back. Chase then watched as a bucket dropped from the doorway and a honey-like liquid spilled on the floor. Seemed like Weston was getting pranked...either that or that was Weston trying to prank his roommate...the latter didn't seem likely to Chase, but it was a thought to consider regardless. Either way, he watched as the horned girl walked into the room and came back out, beginning to clean the mess up.

Chase was just planning on passing and going right to his room, but unfortunately, he decided against it. With a silent sigh, Chase moved over and crouched down near the girl, a good ways away from her and the spill, just to make sure not to freak her out or anything. "Hey uh...you need any help with that?" he asked, giving a friendly smile.

zK42sgC.png?1

With their instructors having been introduced, and the ride back to the school done Xa'tok was left largely without direction. Classes were not going to start until the next day, his room wasn't likely to be any more restful than it had been previously, and all in all the school was still just as uncomfortable a place to be as it had been thus far. An initial try at recovering the sleep he'd missed during the night failed, and resulted in him getting back up and pacing around the room he and kansuke shared for a few moments. Eventually, without much else that he could think of, he put together a small number of things in a backpack (namely a small bag of ritually prepared firewood, kindling, a brazier, and some incense powder) before making his way out of the room. If nothing else, maybe preparing an offering to the spirits would give them reason not to shun him quite so much. The lack of noise he could probably solve some other way. So it was that the tall, lanky boy began making his way towards one of the exits of the school building. There was just...one problem with this plan.

"What type of offerings would even appeal to the spirits of this place?" He hadn't really meant to ask that question aloud, but as tired as he was he couldn't easily keep his thoughts to himself. Or stay particularly steady on his feet while he walked, come to think of it.

"right, notebooks!"

"Notebooks!" Kelsey said, raising her hand up in triumph. She then grinned and followed her friend down the aisle. She giggled as Stella nerded out over pens of all things. "It's like a kid in a candy store." she teased.

She noticed the number of items that Stella was holding onto and raised a hand towards the girl. "I'll hold em." She offered. She didn't want to overload the girl. She glanced behind her, almost having forgotten Vivian existed. "Hey, you getting everything you need?" She asked. Kelsey didn't know much about the girl yet but she was Stella's roommate so it made sense to play nice with her right?

As Vivian was trailing behind she would be the one to encounter a rather...unusual person. A young girl, though older than them, came suddenly running up to Vivian. Flailing several notebooks in her face. The girl had a shock of white hair that stood up as if electrified and a wide-eyed look. "PAPER!" She shouted, hitting Vivian with the pages of the notebook. "LOOK, ACTUAL PAPER? HOW DOES IT WORK?" She grabbed Vivian by the shoulders and shook her. "WHY IS THERE SO MUCH PAPER? IN SPACE?!"

"Hey uh...you need any help with that?"

The girl glanced over at the boy and seemed to be surprised that he had talked to her at all. "Uh. Two people will just make it messier...It'll be fine." She went back to scrubbing at the floor. Noticing the boy still there she followed it up with, "It was for me, anyway. So I need to take care of it."

If Chase still stayed there she'd continue with, "It's better for you if you ignore me. Unless you want the same to happen to you."

"What type of offerings would even appeal to the spirits of this place?"

Xa'tok likely didn't expect a response to his unintentionally spoken question. "Excuse me?" The query came from a boy who he may recognize at having been one of the few to come greet them after their fight with the bandits.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. But you're from the Xul-Tuk yes?" He gestured to himself. "My name is Arnold. I, too, come from a group who travels from place to place." He smiled and gave a small chuckle. "It's so strange knowing I'll be staying here for so long. Anyway, that's not why I approached you, apologies for rambling. You mentioned the spirits. It got me curious. You see, I heard that, deep in the core of the planet, some sort of greater spirit resides, sleeping. I wonder if perhaps you knew anything about that? What do you think that means for this planet?"

The bird waited with bated breath. Waited to see if the running duo would ever do more than run.

Wait.

No, it wasn't. Birds, especially this bird, didn't care much about what these people did or didn't do. It was, as we all know, just a bird.

Kansuke felt, and subsequently looked, somewhere between lightly offended and completely confused. The nurse was talking to him like he was retarded or something, and judging from how  Florence was talking either she was trying to joke around, or this whole procedure wasn't fully cleared with someone. Honestly either possibility seemed disturbing at best.

Was Florence conducting unofficial experiments? No, the higher-ups would have caught on if she was.

"Uh... yeah, I'm just..." He cleared his throat. "I... I honestly don't know what is going on anymore-- did I miss something?" He looked at Florence with a crooked eyebrow. "I am supposed to undergo this procedure, right?"

Erica went right to her roommate, running besides her. She only paid a passing glance to the bird because she just thought it was a nice bird. She didn't say anything to Sammi, just ran with her towards the sleeping quarters, as that was where she wanted to be. She had plans to at least visit the entire room and she needed to be a bit more comfortable, as it involved walking a lot and these track suits seemed like a bit too hot for a constant walking. Luckily, she had something else she could wear. It may be a bit too, erm... "elegant" for a simple walk, but she has only 5 outfits with her: The uniform of her old school, which she used in the welcome party; her civilian outfit, which doubles as her pilot outfit; her sleeping outfit, which doubles as nothing; her current outfit, which is the uniform of the cademy; and the one she was gonna change into after a small bath.

hzxKAxh.png

Shopping! And notebooks!

"I don't know what the classes are going to be like but we're probably going to want at least one book for every class. Or one of the larger ones with dividers in them, though those can get a bit limiting in space and also cumbersome to carry around all the time."

Stella presented an excellent point! Vivian was never a thorough note-taker, but she'd also never been to a school quite like MechA cademy before. Rather than the plain-looking black and white ones though, Vivian opted for brighter notebooks. A red one here, a leaf-print one there, and a pink one with a cat on it as an extra. They were a bit more expensive, but that was a small price to pay for a cuter and more personalized experience. As Stella went on to explain pens - those were something Vivian could definitely afford to just buy the cheap regular-looking ones on - Vivian looked through her notebooks. Something about them was bugging her, and that was...

"PAPER!" She shouted, hitting Vivian with the pages of the notebook. "LOOK, ACTUAL PAPER? HOW DOES IT WORK?" She grabbed Vivian by the shoulders and shook her. "WHY IS THERE SO MUCH PAPER? IN SPACE?!"

"Aaaaa, you don't need to get rough!" Straightening herself out from this girl who was very enthusiastic about the paper, Vivian picked up the notebooks she'd dropped in surprise, ready to explain to the best of her ability. "It's like a touch screen, right? Except you can't erase it so easy. You take a pen and then use that like a stylus. I think... right? You won't find much paper where I'm from, but there's enough old movies and stuff around to pick up on that kind of stuff." Or at least, there were where Vivian was from. Or maybe her parents were just oldies geeks. Paper-like products like napkins and stuff were still easy to come by, but for writing purposes? Vivian kind of got this girl's confusion. Kind of.

...not really. She suddenly wasn't sure who was the weird one in this exchange.

fccpSmd.png

Sammi didn't like this bird. Its smug aura mocked her. Best to just leave it  behind. She had more important things to do than bother with some bird that probably didn't know anything anyway. And so, on Sammi ran, paying little mind to her roommate. On and on, covering the distance after enough time. And when Sammi finally made it back to the dorm building - showing no signs of having just ran the distance she ran, what with the lack of flawed organic components that could tire out - she made a mental note. An important one. Never split off from the rest of the class. Even if she didn't like them.

Speaking of people she didn't like, it was time to get on with the reason she was here in the first place. Locating and - unfortunately - speaking to BOMB. It was probably best to ask around with other students if any of them had seen him lately, and failing that, where his dorm was.

Stella couldn't help but pout as Kelsey poked fun at her enthusiasm on the pens, saying, "it's important to always have a good idea what all of your resources are. But," the girl looked away sheepishly and said, "we can also stop by a candy shop on the way back."  To punctuate it, the girl gave the supplies she was holding to Kelsey before beginning to look more in the shop. Her spree was cut short, however, as another girl had run up and started to rant about how amazing it was that there was paper here. As Vivian also seemed to be in awe, Stella walked up to the two and cleared her throat. 

"Well, you see ever since the age of space exploration began paper has been of a difficult resource  to come across. In fact, from what I've read, tablets were already on the upswing and paper itself was just being seen as a relic and was slowly getting phased out. Of course, this didn't last long and people started to realize how important paper was. Studies show that people retain more knowledge writing down something on paper then just typing it into a tablet. And even more so there's a practicality part of it to explorers and businesses and the like. After all, tablets don't really work that well in planets with limited to no readily available electricity and - well, in fact, I think it was a case of where a few people got into a ship crash and got stranded for weeks on end that they realized the importance of - " as Stella continued to rant about this topic she realized that she was starting to get off topic and simply cleared her throat again, clearly flustered by this. 

"Well, um, anyhow. Getting a steady supply of paper has always been an issue but in the past century there's been movements to reinstate and standardize the use of paper again. People have thought up of all kinds of solutions but the most successful one that has just started to come into being in the past two decades is the creation of paper tree farm space colonies." Looking to the others, the girls she said, "giant artificial green house stations that grow trees for the express purpose of having them turned to paper." Gesturing around, the girl said, "this is the closest we've gotten to reinstating paper into the standardized universe and Clips here has been very vocal about their support of spreading paper across the universe. And they sell it for cheap too!" With a stern and passionate look Stella waved her finger saying, "so it's doubly important that we buy from here to show our support for the cause as well!" 

Walking closer to the rather strange girl who had brought this up, Stella seemed much calmer as she said, "oh and um, yes using it like a stylus on a tablet to write with is generally correct. You'll want to make sure to account for how much more force you'll need when you need to press down on the paper, as it won't just slide around with ease like it would on a tablet. As with all things it might not come out correctly on your first try, but keep trying and I'm sure you'll understand how wonderful it is to write on paper too." 

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Uh. Two people will just make it messier...It'll be fine. It was for me, anyway. So I need to take care of it."

"That was meant for you?" Chase asked, raising an eyebrow slightly. So it wasn't meant for the actor but this girl? Something about that didn't sound 100% right to him, but at the same time, he wasn't too sure of how things went himself. "Truth be told, I thought it might've been for your roommate, since ya know...a lot of people don't seem to like him all that much."

"It's better for you if you ignore me. Unless you want the same to happen to you."

"Same thing happen to me if I don't ignore you? Well let's say it this way, it might actually spice my time up here quite a bit." he shrugged, smirking lightly. "So I won't be ignoring you much, after all, we're sorta neighbors at this point." Chase chuckled a bit, before nodding. "By the way, I didn't introduce myself earlier. Chase Weller, mecha pilot as well as designer of mech...well, soon to be official designer of mech. For now it's just sketches and notes."

zK42sgC.png?1

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. But you're from the Xul-Tuk yes?" Hearing the name of his tribe snapped Xa'tok out of the exhausted daze he had been walking in for a moment, and he turned his head almost too fast towards the boy speaking to him. He felt his heart sink for a moment when he noticed it was just a human, but soon enough his spirits and his ears were raised again."My name is Arnold. I, too, come from a group who travels from place to place." He smiled and gave a small chuckle, and Xa'tok brought his hands together in front of him. His left fist against his right palm. There were words of greeting to be shared among travelers yet, but for now the boy continued to speak. "It's so strange knowing I'll be staying here for so long. Anyway, that's not why I approached you, apologies for rambling. You mentioned the spirits. It got me curious. You see, I heard that, deep in the core of the planet, some sort of greater spirit resides, sleeping. I wonder if perhaps you knew anything about that? What do you think that means for this planet?"

"Fellow Nomad Arnold, I welcome you aboard whatever vessel I may yet come to travel on, and I will share with you my quarters if you can find none yourself." It wasn't completely the traditional greeting, but as they were not in space it was as close as the Chapaayan could come. Even so, it did him good to be able to observe some small part of the rites of his people. "But, as for the sleeping spirit of this planet? It means that it is settled. That the world itself is in no danger, and that it has no rivals for space. For us? It means that this is a safe place to build and to live. It also means that we are unlikely to receive intercession from this greater spirit, which is why my tribe would never settle in such a place." If the world's spirit itself was asleep that explained a great deal of why the young Chapaayan couldn't settle himself. He was used to the turbulent spirits of asteroids, meteors, and of course the ships on which they crossed the void. For a moment he closed his eyes, remembering the roar of a fleet in battle. It was exhilerating, even without being there.

"But now I have a question for you." The Shaman said, opening his eyes and pointing at Arnold. "How did you recognize what tribe I am from? You are the first hornless one to do so."

"I am supposed to undergo this procedure, right?"

Florence looked at Kansuke blankly. "You were the one who told me...weren't you? Well, we're here now, so why don't you lie down and we can stick this thing inside of you."

The nurse looked at the two with concern. "Could someone explain what's happening? Are you sick?" She approached Kansuke. "Did something happen that is affecting your short term memory perhaps?"

Kelsey smirked at the unusual interaction with the stranger. Her smirk grew even more as both of them answered her in such a series manner. It was clear the woman was just off her rocker. Usually those types you wanted to avoid but since these two had already engaged she figured she'd just stand back and watch. Though she made sure to keep near Stella just in case.

Though it seemed that there wasn't much to worry about. The woman stared at the two of them with wide eyes. "Paaapeeeeer!" She moaned, and her mouth foamed up and she collapsed to the ground, fainting.

An employee seemed to notice the ruckus and came over. Sighing he reached for what looked like a push broom. "Sorry about that folks she does that from time to time. Come on, boss, it's time for your nap." He said and started to push the woman along the ground with the broom.

"Sooo....did anyone expect to see this when we decided on a lovely little trip to the store?" She laughed and nudged Stella. "Nice lesson teach, maybe you should be teaching our class instead of being a student." She then nodded at Vivian. "Isn't your planet made of trees? You'd think there'd be more paper there."

As Sammi wandered aimlessly she would come across a young boy looking around with a nervous expression.

"H-h-hey you're the one...one of the ones...who left by foot e-earlier right?" He said, stumbling over his words. "U-um, are you lost? I'm kind of...kind of lost too. Some other guys told me to f-find something for them but I don't know where it is. T-they said that the s-security officer had it but I don't know where...sorry. I shouldn't bother you. Sorry!" She winced and looked down, as though expecting to get yelled at.

"Truth be told, I thought it might've been for your roommate, since ya know...a lot of people don't seem to like him all that much."

The girl looked at him with a baffled look. "You think that one of the most popular teen actors is disliked...in a school full of teens?" She started to say something further but held back. "If you must know, though, this was probably set up by his fans."

"By the way, I didn't introduce myself earlier. Chase Weller, mecha pilot as well as designer of mech...well, soon to be official designer of mech. For now it's just sketches and notes."

"A designer, I see..." She paused in her cleaning then sighed. "My name is Aya Tolah. As with most I'm here to be a pilot...You're not attempting to start a 'relationship' are you?" She said it with a strange accent, as though unsure if she was saying the proper word. "Because I am not interested. I am only here to learn."

"But, as for the sleeping spirit of this planet? It means that it is settled. That the world itself is in no danger, and that it has no rivals for space. For us? It means that this is a safe place to build and to live. It also means that we are unlikely to receive intercession from this greater spirit, which is why my tribe would never settle in such a place."

For a moment Xa'tok would notice a troubled expression on the boy's face. But it soon faded as he focused in on what the shaman had asked.

"How did you recognize what tribe I am from? You are the first hornless one to do so."

He gave a warm smile. "Ah, that's simple. My people had some run ins with yours from time to time. It's to be expected. Space may seem vast but really there are only so many places to go. I myself never met them but I have heard descriptions. I suppose you could say I'm pretty good at picking up on things like that."

He hesitated. "About this spirit. What do you think would happen if someone were to wake it up?"

Spoiler

Lot of short posts I know. As I said in chat I'm gonna try and post more often. Usually when I can post for a couple people at least. Feel free to get info or dialogue whenever you want. Even if I'm offline/busy I can respond when I get back.

ERICA KATRIANNE SAPPHIRE (RIKA KATORIAN SAHIRA)

Erica took a while in redressing herself, as she had to take off all her clothing before redressing. Her red kimono was pretty standard stuff to wear, but it was very... conflictive with her usual outfit. She also combed her hair down. Her goggles were still part of her outfit, though now worn on her neck, and she also added steampunk-styled wood and leather sandals instead of the regular wooden ones, added her own steampunk fan, as one would do, and got out of the room. She decided to take the stairs and see what the rest of the floors were like.

Edited by ZetaRESP
Severe lack of continuity...

Stella could look on with more shock and confusion then anything else as the girl as the crazy paper girl passed out in front of them. Not sure what to do, the girl stepped back a bit as the paper girl was eventually carted away by another of the employees. Still seeming stunned by the whole, apparently frequent, display the girl simply nodded as Kelsey made her first comment. As she made her second, the girl looked away, clearly embarassed by the remark saying, "well, you know...paper's cool...and stuff..." Looking back over to Vivian as Kelsey stated that she was from a tree planet the girl asked, "oh right, yeah. Your planet sounds like it'd be the perfect staging ground for paper production." Thinking on it for a bit more the girl said, "though, I suppose does your planet have a thing against clearing out the forests?"

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"You think that one of the most popular teen actors is disliked...in a school full of teens? If you must know, though, this was probably set up by his fans."

"Well, I've seen at least one or two today that didn't seem all that enthused with him being around here nor enjoying his personality, to be honest." Chase admitted with a chuckle, definitely recalling that whole ordeal before she came to bring Weston to the transports back to the dorm. Still, he was probably quite surprised at hearing it was possibly the fans that set it up.

Then again...this makes sense. If it's just a bunch of teenage girls who are completely fawning over this guy, no wonder they'd do something like this to his roommate. he thought, nodding slowly.

"A designer, I see...My name is Aya Tolah. As with most I'm here to be a pilot...You're not attempting to start a 'relationship' are you? Because I am not interested. I am only here to learn."

This caused Chase to blink a bit. A relationship? It even caused the young man to laugh a bit, before shaking his head and waving his hand dismissively. "No, no...nothing like that. It's more or less trying to be friendly, Aya. Believe me, I don't think I could handle a relationship right now. Plus, they'd probably get upset with me for blabbering on about my designs and mech talk if anything."

Kansuke cast his thoughts back to the single bag in his dorm room. Then, back even further to his father and sister. He'd come here to be a soldier. He'd agreed to be the guinea pig for the Tyrannos' experimental control system-- after reading the contractual details, of course. Here he was at last and now he was having second thoughts?

The derisive tone of his own internal monologue hardened his resolve, and he cracked his knuckles. "Ah, forget I said anything. Let's just get on with this so I don't fall behind the others." The sooner they were done, the sooner he'd recover, and therefore the sooner he'd be able to pilot his mecha. He was itching to finally climb into the Tyrannos. The real deal, not the VR simulator they'd tested him in.

Approaching the operation table, he removed the upper half of his uniform and lay down.

zK42sgC.png?1

"Ah, that's simple. My people had some run ins with yours from time to time. It's to be expected. Space may seem vast but really there are only so many places to go. I myself never met them but I have heard descriptions. I suppose you could say I'm pretty good at picking up on things like that." Well, that certainly explained things. Privately the Shaman wondered if he had ever met the boy's parents in his own, fairly limited, experiences with the hornless ones. Though without his own horns he doubted they would recognize him anyways. Xa'tok was about to ask about the boy's own experiences in crossing the void between the stars, and then came the comet of a question. "About this spirit. What do you think would happen if someone were to wake it up?"

"If someone were to...wake up the planet's spirit?" At the, presumed, nod from the boy the Chapaayan was left in quiet consideration for a few moments. His left ear twitched in an almost irritated manner. This wasn't exactly heresy, but it was exceedingly dangerous. "That depends entirely upon the character of the spirit of this world. If the spirit is violent, it could be quite dangerous. Perhaps even more so if it is a parental spirit. Ultimately...one would have to successfully awaken them to know for sure. Not that it would be the best decision to do so without knowing more about the spirit in question."

"No, no...nothing like that. It's more or less trying to be friendly, Aya. Believe me, I don't think I could handle a relationship right now. Plus, they'd probably get upset with me for blabbering on about my designs and mech talk if anything."

"It's not just designs you...'blabber' about apparently." Aya said flatly. She refocused on cleaning up the mess and went silent for a while. Then as she finished and stood she paused, ears perking up, and looked over towards the end of the hall where the elevator was.

The door slid open and Weston, surrounded by a gaggle of girls, walked out into the hall. "Come on girls, I know you want more time with me, but I really should be getting back to my room."

One of the girls moved in front of him and laughed loudly, nervously, as she waved her hand. "Aw, just a little longer? We want to hear more about your last movie!"

Weston chuckled and let out a dramatic sigh. "What am I gonna do with you all. Fine, fine, I suppose I can spare a bit more time. So, there I was, absolutely drenched and having to do my lines in the tundra..."

As he talked a couple of the girls sneaked glances over by where Chase was. Or to be more specific where Aya was.

The horned girl sighed and picked up her cleaning device. She started going back into the room. "If you don't want to be caught in the mass of females you might want to get out of the way."

"Ah, forget I said anything. Let's just get on with this so I don't fall behind the others."

The nurse looked between the two in confusion before throwing up her hands. "Alright I'll just knock you out and let Professor Patete do whatever it is she has to do. Just know I'm not responsible for any loss of memory or brain damage."

She walked over to Kansuke with a device that resembled a suction cup attached to a vial of some sort of liquid. She placed said suction cup on the boy's chest and he felt a quick, sharp, sting and then he couldn't feel anything.

He didn't know how much time passed but when he woke up Florence was gone, the nurse was reading a magazine, and he felt a strong craving for fish.

He also was struggling to remember what came after three

"That depends entirely upon the character of the spirit of this world. If the spirit is violent, it could be quite dangerous. Perhaps even more so if it is a parental spirit. Ultimately...one would have to successfully awaken them to know for sure. Not that it would be the best decision to do so without knowing more about the spirit in question."

Arnold's expression turned contemplative for a moment at Xa'tok's words. Then he gave a brief laugh. "Well, sorry if I made it sound so serious, I'm just very curious about such things. Living out there you really find that there's a lot of unexplained things. I suppose I just have a habit of trying to explain them. Guess that's why I came here..." He thought about it some more then said "Still, it's a shame isn't it? I wonder what the spirit themselves wants....Ah, but that's just an idle thought. I'm sure you're busy. It was nice to get to speak with you." He gave a short bow and, if not stopped, would continue on his way.

Spoiler

Okay, Zeta, I need an answer about Erica's stuff. Since in one post she's heading to change and in the other she's still with Sammi. Given that after leaving the field Sammi would have wandered around looking for BOMB unless Erica DIDNT go get changes she wouldn't be around her when the boy stops her.

Anyway....for the others, if you want to keep conversing, we can do sorta mini collabs where I give lines. Otherwise try and be clear where your character intends to go and do.
And for Champion, feel free to describe the process yourself if you wish.

fccpSmd.png

"H-h-hey you're the one...one of the ones...who left by foot e-earlier right? U-um, are you lost? I'm kind of...kind of lost too. Some other guys told me to f-find something for them but I don't know where it is. T-they said that the s-security officer had it but I don't know where...sorry. I shouldn't bother you. Sorry!"

"Hold it," Sammi interjected. "I'm looking for something... no, someone, myself. Have you seen him? He's a robot, about..." Sammi got up on her tippy-toes, holding her hand up to emphasize BOMB's height. "This big. Should be pretty easy to spot and recognize. I'm not lost, but I also don't know what you're looking for or where this security officer is. The guy I'm looking for is a house head though, so you may have better luck asking him."

hzxKAxh.png

"Sorry about that folks she does that from time to time. Come on, boss, it's time for your nap."

This girl - whose enthusiasm about paper still left Vivian dumbfounded - was the manager? And she was being pushed along the floor with a broom like trash some inconsiderate shopper had left on the floor? Vivian had more to learn about the worlds outside of home than she initially thought. "Sooo....did anyone expect to see this when we decided on a lovely little trip to the store?"

"I certainly didn't," Vivian laughed along. It was a wild enough encounter that Vivian wanted to come back to this store sometime. As Vivian picked up the cheapest-looking pack of pens she could find, she was posed with a question that... honestly, it seemed fairly obvious. In fact, she was surprised she never thought about it herself!

"Isn't your planet made of trees? You'd think there'd be more paper there."

"Oh right, yeah. Your planet sounds like it'd be the perfect staging ground for paper production. Though, I suppose does your planet have a thing against clearing out the forests?"

"It does, yes." Vivian was going to be buying these things anyway, so surely there would be no harm in using them a bit early, right? She opened up one of her notebooks and pulled a pen out from the pack, drawing some sort of little diagram on the back of the cover, as she started explaining the paper situation back home. "Historically, it's proven that deforestation and stuff can have pretty big consequences on a planet's climate. Since the climate on Colia is already less than ideal, everyone agreed it was best to clear out as little as possible. That's also why Colian cities are built vertically; so that we can cause less deforestation. The rainforests are also great for tourism, so chopping them down could also hurt the economy."

A little thing here, and... done! Vivian turned her notebook around and closed her pen, tapping the bottom of it against a diagram she'd drawn on the inside of the cover. "We don't get seasons in the summer and winter sense. We have a dry season, a wet season, a stormy season, then another wet season. Nobody's sure what would happen if we started chopping down trees left and right, and nobody wants to find out, so we just leave it be. The weather there also means paper tends to not last very long because it gets all wet and soggy, so even if we made factories to produce the stuff, we probably wouldn't get much use out of it ourselves."

And that was why Vivian had never actually used paper before today.

Kansuke shook his head as he sat up. Whoa...

Well, the procedure must have gone well or he wouldn't still be alive, probably. He looked down at his hands to check if he still had all his fingers or if the doctor had replaced/removed them. One, two three... One, two, three...

There were numbers after three, right? His head swam for a moment as he tried to count his fingers again, but could only register that he had at least three threes of fingers, plus one extra. Three threes and one? That's not how numbers work...

He couldn't help but compare the feeling of falling asleep and waking up out of sorts to when he'd had his wisdom teeth removed back home. Only this time, instead of being drugged out, he was craving fish and unable to count his own fingers.

Actually, the fish thing might just be him getting homesick, but the number thing was starting to bother him.

"...How long was I out?" He asked, his head in his hands, "And what the hell did you guys put me under with?"

Stella put a hand to her chin as Vivian explained to her what the status of her planet was. "I see." Stella must have thought that it was pretty rough to live where Vivian had been from. It wasn't as though Stella disliked the rain, and unless she was hanging out with Kelsey it only served to be background noise for her. That being said, she thought it could get a bit tiresome if it went on for the majority of the year. "Well, it certainly sounds rough where you come from, but we don't have many forests where we're from and the weather's normal enough right?" Stella, immediately upon saying this, had no real frame of reference for what a "normal" world's weather was, having only been to one, but didn't backpedal to correct herself.

As the girl walked around grabbing a few folders for each of them, as well as a few other miscellaneous supplies, she began to think aloud. "I wonder what the weather here is like?" After a bit more walking around, Stella continued to grab more and more objects, ranting about their glory and necessity for a successful school career, taking up Kelsey on her offer  to carry things and absentmindedly shoving more and more onto her to lift. With a smile on her face, the girl let out a sigh to signify the end of their shopping escapade saying, "well, I think that should about cover- " Stella turned around to see her encumbered friend saying, "uhh...oops." 

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"It's not just designs you...'blabber' about apparently."

Ouch...that hurt. Chase thought, shrugging slightly at Aya's flat comment. Unfortunately, he would've said something else, but in walked Weston with his obvious harem of young school girls right on his arms...because of course he was. And while they were actually asking and talking to their idol, the ladies were staring hard in the direction of him...but he believed he wasn't the target of the stares.

He believe and assumed it was Aya.

"If you don't want to be caught in the mass of females you might want to get out of the way."

"...yeah, you might be right." he shrugged again, before giving a slight wave and smile in Aya's direction. "I guess I'll catch you later then, Aya." With that, Chase shoved his hands into his pockets and made his way back to his dorm room.