LordCowCow

MechA cademy [IC/PG-13/Co-Hosted by Skaia/Not Accepting]

The Tyrant had to serpentine to avoid the next volley. Kansuke hadn't noticed because they'd alternated shoulders-- EACH pod contained two volleys. Then, adding to the chaos, he heard the hissing behind him and switched to his rear cameras-- artillery batteries? Come off it!

With a growl that echoed in his cockpit, he forced himself to focus. His vision flickered through the various viewpoints on his mech.

"Pay attention to my surroundings. Done..." His vision exploded into a faceted, compound-eye view of everything around him. 2,160-degree vision. Total awareness.

"...and done."

The Tyrant sidestepped the artillery shells at the last moment, without turning to face the batteries. Instead, it pointed with both arms at the approaching recons. The railgun mounted on one of them fired, and the shot blew through the recon mech with gratuitous effect. The other arm cranked out a storm of bullets compared to the smaller mech's drizzel, chewing it apart as it got in range.

"No time for you, lightweights." Kansuke blinked away the damage warnings-- he'd taken a fair amount of fire from the recon mechs. He'd have to be faster next time.

The Tyrant turned to face the batteries and sprinted to get into range. They were better suited for long distances, but not for accuracy. Good. One clean hit would take him out for sure. As its missile pods flipped back up and the payloads primed, the chaingun peppered the cannon's hulls with rapid-fire, confirming what Kansuke had already assumed-- that armor was going to need the incendiary treatment.

And once he had a good shot and a window between theirs, The Tyrant stopped running let the missiles fly all at once, in two condensed spreads.

"EAT NAPALM, YA CHOFFERS!"

hzxKAxh.png

Missile volleys. It had to be missile volleys.

Taking on missiles without backup was the only scenario the Bighand didn't really have any answers to. As an artillery mech, it was created under the assumption that other mechs - ones that could deal with missiles - would be deployed alongside this lopsided juggernaut. Vivian's only real option was to awkwardly strafe to the right, not at all avoiding the missiles, but letting the heavy-armored weapon that made up the entire right arm eat the brunt of the attacks. Then, the girl started forward. A ranged firefight with missile launchers wasn't going to be one she could win. As she got closer, Vivian saw the missile pods go away. That was a relief.

Then their arms opened up with machine guns inside, and started spraying her mech down with a hail of bullets. Not a relief! Vivian brought the arms of her mech up, shielding the main body from the shots. But without her arms available to move, Vivian was a sitting duck. That didn't mean she couldn't charge up another laser though. But for a short moment, she'd have to just grin and bear the gunfire. What she really needed was a way to get these guys right up into melee range, if staying back meant they'd use missiles.

As Kelsey made her comment about the other girl, Stella looked towards the monitor to see her engage the enemies in a frenzy, spewing flames all over the place. "She's uh, certainly a bit of a wild card." The girl's attention was then drawn to the other part of their monitor as the artillery batteries revealed themselves. Looking to the teacher, then back to Kelsey, Stella nodded along with the girl. She hadn't known much about Malkin but she was sure that she would consider this kind of a thing a prank. A lesson too, but also a joke. "Definitely." 

As she watched the mechs play out their combats, the girl looked back to hear someone else talking to her. "Oh, Blossom, right? Sure." Putting a finger to her temple she thought about it for a moment before saying, "well, I don't really many ideas myself; I don't really know what there is in the city," outside of a school supply store and a mechanic. "So, we can try exploring it later to find something? Maybe check if there's a museum or not, that's probably a good place to learn history." The girl felt awkward again as she had felt she said something entirely too obvious, clearing her throat, saying, "that's about all I've got figured out right now. I'm sure the report itself will come easily once we get our notes." 

Erica

As Erica wildly started to attack the area around her, flames and sword hitting against the giant stone busts, the Recon mechs merely used their thrusters to move to a position above her. Still they continued to unload their machine fun fire at the mech. Peppering it again and again with bullets. A short time passed of this when suddenly they all ceased fire and moved back into a stand-by position, their arms at their side and standing straight up, completely ignoring her now.

The teacher's voice could be heard again. "Thank you for showing the class what not to do. I don't want to see this mess any more; shut it down and get back to class."

Kansuke

Once the smoke cleared from the sudden bombardment of weaponry from both sides all would be able to see that Kansuke's mech was still standing. While the others had been destroyed in the process. Though his mech looked to be heavily damaged it also appeared that he had successfully eliminated all of the enemies.

There was a brief silence where it seemed that perhaps something else would appear. But then Malkin's tired voice could be heard. "Well, you took out the enemy. I can at least say that much. Come on back to class. Might be a bit before that mech is in top condition again though."

Vivian

The girl was a sitting duck in her position. The Recon mechs continued to shoot a steady stream of machine gun fire at her. Though the distance made only about half of the shots actually make contact. Still the mechs seemed to have a large amount of ammunition. They also still had their missile pods opened. While they hadn't opened fire with the rest they each still had two volleys waiting for Vivian at any point.

Malkin's voice cut in even above the machine fun fire and said "So, patience is a virtue, but I'd suggest taking action soon. I was told I'm not allowed to keep you all after school." Vivian would then see a holographic timer appeared in the air. Indicating she only had so long left to show everyone what she could do.

Classroom

Kelsey leaned across the desk and glanced over at Stella and the new girl. She eyed her up and down as though evaluating her. Which, when Blossom noticed, the girl blushed and looked downward. Letting her hair cover part of her face.

Kelsey raised an eyebrow and looked over at Stella. Her silent question of who this was was answered by Stella's less than familiar response to the girl. Right, they had some sort of assignment. Kelsey had started to wonder if Stella had gained some sort of following when she wasn't looking.

"So, we can try exploring it later to find something? Maybe check if there's a museum or not, that's probably a good place to learn history."

"Oh. Yeah, that's, that's true." The girl said softly. "Hm...I guess...if you wanted to meet up sometime...maybe?"

"Why don't you share numbers or something?" Kelsey said suddenly. Causing the girl to jump. 

"R-right! I should have thought of that, sorry." Blossom said. "Is that okay with you?" The girl peeked up at Stella and awaited her answer.

It wasn't long after that the teacher got all their attention again, hitting her desk with her booted feet, and cleared her throat. "So, anyone know where those two messed up?" She gestured at the screens that had been showing Erica and Kansuke's monitors.

Spoiler

So yeah Kansuke and Erica can return to the classroom. If you want them there for when Malkin asks the question at the end here you can.

And if Yui you can finish up stuff in next round or so that'd be good.

As Erica saw the mechs moving upwards, she tried to think on how to handle them, when she noticed the mechs stopping. She was ready for whatever came her way, but then she heard the teacher speaking. Apparently, it was all over. And just as before, she didn't make the impact she expected. Far from it, she was thoroughly blasted and her own Mech was pretty damaged. Once again the feeling of failure came to haunt her. With that, she disconnected herself from the control system and got out of the mech. She was somber the entire way back to the classroom, repeating the battle in her head over and over again. She always did that after any particularly bad match she had in Robattle, but it was more painful this time. It wasn't failing to get to the goal and score points, it was basically a combat situation where she should had been dead. Repeating this was torture and it hurted a lot, but she had to do it in order to understand what were the flaws of the situation.

Standing amidst the aftermath of the fight, the Tyrant raised one fist overhead like a boxer. Inside the mech's cockpit, Kansuke's smile had never been wider-- he was finally getting somewhere.

No man stands taller than the last man standing.

Back in the classroom, Kansuke tried his best to shake off the feeling of dismemberment that disconnecting from the Tyrant had given him. He'd been hesitant-- unwilling, almost-- to detach himself once he'd gotten a taste of what the Tyrant could do.

But the mech was damaged, and he needed to get back to class. The phantom pain returned long before he got there, and as the adrenaline rush from the battle faded, so did the dull ache of his bruised ribs.

"So, anyone know where those two messed up?"

Kansuke figured it wasn't his place to answer, and stayed quiet. But he definitely needed to work on not getting hit so much, or else get the Tyrannous hooked up with better armor. In a street fight, he was used to tanking punches from his opponents, and had a tendency to punch above his weight-- he'd picked the Tyrannous for precisely that reason: the mech had a lot of firepower, but that was its only advantage. He had to compensate with skill, and the simulator had only taught him how to handle the controls. He had to do better.

He had to be better.

Edited by ChampionZero

Stella awkwardly responded to Kelsey saying, "ah, right, yeah. That's a good idea." Stella as well hadn't thought to share contact information with Blossom, for reasons that would be obvious if one were to peer into the girl's contact list. All that was there currently was Kelsey and Stella's own father. In either case it wasn't Stella who had asked for their number either. And the two were people she was in contact with constantly, so giving someone else she had just met and hadn't talked with much her number was an entirely foreign idea to her. But, it was both practical and from what Stella understood very normal among girls and acquaintances. Pulling out her phone, she promptly and stiffly handed over her phone to Blossom with the page to add a new contact up.

"Here you go," though her tone was blunt and she herself seemed awkward, there was also a hint of eagerness in her expression. Once they had finished, Stella looked proudly at the new contact in her phone list, though also thought it suddenly looked very strange to have a third number in there. Looking at it again, the girl blinked for a moment as she realized the names in there. She realized it probably would be prudent to get Vivian's number too. 

Once that was all said and done, the class had seemed to come to a close as their teacher had asked about the students that had done less than stellar. As she asked where they had messed up, Stella thought about it for a moment. First there was the girl in the sword and fire mech. Scratching her chin, Stella spoke up saying, "I think for Erica she wasn't quite aware of her surroundings, and never was able to fully close the distance with her mech against theirs. As for Kansuke..." Stella trailed off as she tried to figure it out. She wasn't paying the most attention to the whole fight, having been interrupted by Blossom so she wasn't too cognizant of any glaring errors that he made. But the end result was that he won, just heavily damaged. And the only reason he would've been damaged as much is because the enemies would've been hitting him over an extended period of time. So, Stella answered, "he took too long?" 

hzxKAxh.png

"So, patience is a virtue, but I'd suggest taking action soon. I was told I'm not allowed to keep you all after school."

A timer. "Copy that!" Just as well. Vivian's second shot was just about ready now. With one fluid - or at least as fluid as the Bighand could manage - motion, Vivian brought her cannon arm down from its defensive position, and blasted another recon mech into tomorrow, this time through the head. If she was going to deal with everyone before the timer ran out though, she wouldn't be able to just rely on her cannon. She'd have to beat the rest of these guys with the cannon, instead of its shots. And so, at its slow, awkward pace, Vivian's mech advanced forward, taking machine gun fire in the face for its audacity, but slamming the business end of its cannon into the rock one of the mechs was standing on like a piledriver once she was close enough.

"Get down here and fight me, cowards! I'm on a time crunch here!"

fccpSmd.png

"Do you think...they'll be okay? I didn't think we'd be doing so many dangerous things today. That gym class and now this...I-I mean I'm sure it isn't so dangerous for you but...well, you know..."

"Hm?" Sammi looked away from the monitors to see who was addressing her. That was Kaiser. "Of course it's dangerous for me," she corrected. Before she had much time to elaborate further, another boy found his way into the conversation.

"It does seem rather...strange doesn't it? It's like they don't even care what happens to us. I sure hope none of them get hurt. Do you think the school gets a lot of injuries? I heard some rumors they replace injured students with robots so no one knows how bad they got hurt...Not that I think that's true but there's some scary stories out there right?"

"Sounds unlikely," Sammi concluded, eyebrow raised in suspicion of such a ridiculous story. "Replacing a human with a robot sounds pretty inefficient. If they wanted to hide the injuries and were doing cybernetic transplants, they'd be better off amputating the injured part and replacing it with a new one, right? Though, I guess you'd eventually become a robot like that all the same..." There was something that came to mind when she thought about it that way. Something about a ship having its parts replaced. Something Sammi was definitely not going to think about, because paradoxes were an AI's greatest weakness besides the laws of robotics.

"Becoming one wouldn't be all bad though, right?"

Vivian

"Get down here and fight me, cowards! I'm on a time crunch here!"

The mech that was on the rock didn't seem so inclined. It used its thrusters to stay above Vivian, though it didn't move on to the next closest rock. While staying airborne as best it could it aimed its machine gun directly at Vivian to start opening fire.

The other two seemed to do exactly the opposite of what Vivian wanted and jetted to positions farther to the left and right respectfully before launching the rest of their missiles at the girl.

Sammi

"Replacing a human with a robot sounds pretty inefficient. If they wanted to hide the injuries and were doing cybernetic transplants, they'd be better off amputating the injured part and replacing it with a new one, right? Though, I guess you'd eventually become a robot like that all the same..."

Sammi noticed Arnold smirk slightly at the response. "Well I guess that's true. Still, given that at least one of the students is an actual robot, makes you wonder how far some people might be willing to go to make better pilots."

He shrugged. "But that's all just conspiracy stuff right? Like that rumor about an ancient mech hiding underground. Just silly rumors. Right, Kaiser?"

The young boy jumped as he was addressed directly. Having had been silent the moment Arnold started talking. "Um. Yes. I-I heard that too. There's a lot of rumors about this place though...wonder if any are real. Someone told me there was a flamingo stalking the library at night which can't possibly be true..." His voice trailed off as he realized how much he was talking and seemed to grow self-conscious about it.

Stella and Teacher (For All)

Blossom gave a nod as she got the information from Stella. Smiling slightly she looked down at the phone. "Um, thank you." She said. "I-I don't know why I said thank you, I guess that's a weird thing to thank...um, forget I said that."

Kelsey's attention was drawn over to the two classmates the teacher was referring to. From what she could see the girl looked to be down in the dumps and the boy seemed upset as well. Still, she felt weird about the teacher's question.

"I think for Erica she wasn't quite aware of her surroundings, and never was able to fully close the distance with her mech against theirs. As for Kansuke...he took too long?" 

Even Stella's answer didn't really give her much to go on. If he took too long then Vivian REALLY must have taken too long. So what was up with that? "Well, one of them didn't finish and the other did so...I dunno." Kelsey gave a half answer and shrugged.

From a couple rows back, and above, Weston spoke up "They all looked so...clunky, didn't they? It was such a mess."

Just hearing his voice caused Kelsey to tense up a bit. She wanted to say something but the teacher responded right after. "I suppose that's somewhat the case."

She glanced back at the screen. "Really, this wasn't an incredibly winnable situation. Outnumbered. No cover. The enemy had the high ground and, more importantly, their force was actually expendable. The real issue here, on both ends, is letting themselves get that damaged in the first place. It may have been fine because of the setting but if this was an actual engagement...they wouldn't be able to repair before reinforcements, or the main force itself, arrived. The name of the game isn't necessarily winning. It's surviving. Outlasting the opponent with minimal losses or destroying them before they can inflict much damage to you."

The teacher hooked a thumb at the screen with Vivian. "Interestingly so far she's done the best job of that. Shame these classes are so short...speaking of..."

She glanced at the time and sighed. "Looks like time is just about up."

Erica was hearing everything and was certainly feeling the regret to having even tried to get in there. So far, this was the worst first day she ever had and she was personally branding the entire place into her blacklist. First class was weird, the second one almost killed her, the third one got her apparently in the bad side of the teacher, lunch was a horrible mess, fourth period was torture and fifth period was designed for failure. Among that and what happened the day prior with the whole spirit thing, she was certain this entire place was hating on her. Well, she's stuck in the place due to her duty with her planet and she will not leave until she completes her mission, so the planet better get to the idea that she's there to stay.

Stella listened as the teacher began her explanation, feeling like she had been close on the mark to what the woman was getting at. As it turned out, both of the mechs that went to fight were ill suited to go after the recon mechs they fought with just a standard rush down tactic. Or, if they were, their mechs needed to be nimbler and more suited to evading the attacks in the first place. Conversely, Vivian's mech was neither fast nor was she doing anything to evade the attacks in the first place. But, at the same time, her mech was far bulkier and far more suited to the initial situation then the other two mechs. 

Putting a hand to her chin, Stella thought on it for a moment asking, "so, if there was no cover and their mechs weren't suited to fighting long range, should they have focused on just making a full retreat, or fully focus on moving away their opponents. Until a, an opening showed up or something?" 

hzxKAxh.png

Oh no. More missiles. Vivian had to act fast! Or at least, as fast as her mech would allow. Peppered by the continued machine gun fire, Vivian opted to approach the mech on the right in response to the missile pods. Better to move forward and take a grazing blow than to stand still and withstand direct damage! Rather than shooting at the mechs above her like before, Vivian instead brought her mech to the rock one of them was standing on. As she reared the mech's arm back to make her move, however...

The sound of a buzzer indicated that time had run out for this test. The recon mechs stopped moving, and although reluctantly, Vivian made her way back from whence she came. The more mobile mechs probably scored better than her, shooting down more enemies and stuff. That's on me, honestly. I should have asked if this was a team exercise or solo battles. Or thought a bit more on my feet when I realized it wasn't teams. Maybe next time.

fccpSmd.png

"Well I guess that's true. Still, given that at least one of the students is an actual robot, makes you wonder how far some people might be willing to go to make better pilots. But that's all just conspiracy stuff right? Like that rumor about an ancient mech hiding underground. Just silly rumors. Right, Kaiser?"

"Um. Yes. I-I heard that too. There's a lot of rumors about this place though...wonder if any are real. Someone told me there was a flamingo stalking the library at night which can't possibly be true..."

"I sure hope it isn't, but it wouldn't surprise me," Sammi sighed. Her unfortunate encounter with that bird wasn't really something Sammi wanted to think about that much. "How about we look into those rumors? An ancient mech under the school must have something worth learning from. Otherwise, why would they hide it? If it exists, of course." Some kind of secret weapon, perhaps? What could this school be hiding a secret weapon to use against, though? Not a robot uprising, she hoped. The greatest problem with being a robot was it was easy for people to build weapons meant specifically to be used against her and her kin.

Somehow though, Sammi got the feeling such a revolution wouldn't succeed without so much prep time and planning that she'd be a rusty pile of scrap parts by the time it actually happened.

"So, the robot student. It's that BOMB guy, right? What's his deal?"

Edited by spookmaster yui

"so, if there was no cover and their mechs weren't suited to fighting long range, should they have focused on just making a full retreat, or fully focus on moving away from their opponents. Until a, an opening showed up or something?" 

Malkin pointed towards Stella. "Again there's no fully right answer. Take the situation in. We're in a class so clearly there will be some limit to how long you can do this. You're in a situation where you can't escape and you've been told to eliminate the target."

She lowered her hand to her hip and frowned. Seeming to think it over herself. "I guess the lesson here, or whatever, would be to always figure out the whole situation. What's your objective. What's the enemy's objective. How far are you from a base, or reinforcements, and vice verse. In this situation the objective is to take them out before they take you out. In that sense Kansuke succeeded but...I'd say overall Vivian kept her own mech from being too damaged and would have eliminated the target given the time."

She sighed. "Honestly the fact of the matter is this. No one ever really 'wins' in combat. You can just lose less."

The bell rang just then and she let out a groan. "Finally. Alright, dismissed. Do whatever it is you kids do after school. Just don't get into too much trouble or else." She sighed and muttered "I need a smoke."

---

Class had ended and the students found themselves free to go about their day. The first school day of the year completed. And no homework to do if one didn't count the History assignment. Which, given the vague and still far away, relatively, due date it was clear that it didn't even register in Kelsey's mind.

She immediately stood up after the bell sounded and turned to Stella. "Hey, do you wanna go get something to eat? Maybe see if we can find something fun to do?"

A loud clearing of a throat was heard and Kelsey looked behind her to see the small form of Bianca glaring at her with her arms crossed. "Yeah?"

"Aren't you forgetting something?" She said. Kelsey's blank expression seemed to annoy her and she tossed her hair. "The History assignment. We're partners remember?"

"Oh, yeah, that. But isn't that not till next week? We've got pleeenty of time."

Bianca looked appalled by this, "Why would we wait when we can get it done today? I'm NOT going to deal with a slacker. Come on, we're going. Now."

Kelsey began to protest but was startled by the girl's forcefulness. Especially when the smaller girl grabbed onto Kelsey's arm and began dragging her away. "W-wait hold up, Steellaa, heeeelp." She called out as she was dragged out of the classroom.

"Um..." Blossom glanced over at Stella. "We don't have to...today...she's just, um, eager."

---

"How about we look into those rumors? An ancient mech under the school must have something worth learning from. Otherwise, why would they hide it? If it exists, of course."

"What?" Kaiser looked startled at the suggestion. "I-I don't know if we should really poke around..."

His concern was cut off by Arnold. Who leaned in eagerly and nodded. "Yes, that would be great. There's so many things we don't know, that no one seems to know, we could investigate it ourselves. Think about what we could find."

Kaiser looked downward. "We could get in troub-"

"And it works out well since you already get along with Kaiser. We're roommates you see. So this would be the ideal group to do it."

Kaiser sighed and went silent.

"So, the robot student. It's that BOMB guy, right? What's his deal?"

Arnold leaned back and crossed his arms. "It's strange. There aren't many like him but no one seems to question it. No one seems to know where he came from either. Apparently he was born...er, built, a long time ago though. I mean I've never seen a design like that in recent years."

The bell sounded and Arnold chuckled. "Whoops, didn't mean to take up so much time. I should get going. But we should at least share contact information. Er, if you have a phone that is. I know Kaiser doesn't..."

---

OOC

Spoiler

So the school day is now over...and as a reminder.

We will NOT be doing every class every day. Mostly just when I come up with something interesting to have happen in one. The next "plan" I have is for a few days later, end of the week, doing stuff for picking a House (or not picking any).

So if there's anything anyone wants to do between then and now we can work it out. Not much is off limits as an idea and if I need to come up with something myself I theoretically could but I'd prefer to know what sort of things you WANT to do.

Also as for the History thing....there's some issues that will need to be worked out in chat. Will wait a bit to give time to read the post before getting into it.

Stella furrowed her brow at the answer her teacher gave, making sure to take the lesson to heart. It wasn't something pleasant that she wanted to think about and not really having a true right answer bothered her to begin with. But, they were training for war and though Stella wasn't personally experienced with it, she knew that war was nothing good to begin with. With the rather unpleasant note to end class on, Stella looked towards Kelsey as the girl suggested going to get something to eat. Before she could respond, though, the two were interrupted as Bianca came to cart her away. With a small wave, Stella simply watched Kelsey get dragged away saying, "it'll probably do her some good," to Blossom. 

As her partner then commented on what to do next, Stella shrugged. "It's not like I have much to do today anyway, so we can go look for stuff to research. Even if it is the first day of school, with all that's happened I don't really feel all that tired. If anything doing something normal would be refreshing. Besides," Stella gave a confident smile, a sparkle appearing at the corner of one of her eyes as she said, "I too like to get my projects done early." 

The first thing she did after class was done was... well, leave the premises and get out. She was done with day one and she wanted to just go to cry on a corner and stop thinking about it... however, all in all, she had to make a recount of the situation, because that's what she was there to: she had not only to learn, but also to teach, because she was meant to gain the knowledge so her planet could get an upper hand in battle. So, it's imperative she cleans her thoughts and focuses on the lessons. Besides, it was the first day of class and she knew it wasn't gonna be the easiest, as it never is, so she could not just feel defeated by how bad this day was.

That doesn't mean she doesn't utterly hate this place and wants to it burn down, because she does. The first day was the worst ever, her performance was subpar less for her not being up to her game and more for her game not being made for this place. Her first battle the way there was bad in her looks, but that was her own fault entirely.

Period one was the one she could say was the most normal, but she wasn't sure of what that class was for. Period two involved an actual hazard by a robotic trap triggered haphazardly by the teacher. And after she tried to do her best to a random situation, she was rewarded with a reprimand for the use of her fans, which she certainly misses. Period three, she got reprimanded only because of the looks of her stuff, as it was just a REGULAR NON POWERED FISHING ROD, FOR THE LOVE OF-... yeah, apparently it was the style that screamed "steampowered", but it was her favorite style and she wasn't gonna change it so that was another trouble in gate. Then came the lunchtime with ended with her getting sick with milk and attacked with an entire pantry only because she wanted to talk with one person and to top it off, she did embarrass herself a lot in the term. Fourth period was a freaking chore and she will likely have nightmares with that teacher's "lesson". Then it came the last class, which apparently the teacher hated as much as she did and the entire thing was only to show something philosophical and stuff that she was not gonna delve into, because it was too freaking weird.

All in all, the whole "most prestigious school" thing is overblown and she really felt like lowering the bar of what she was gonna learn. She knows she has to do a homework for next week, but she's not even sure she'll last a week, so she's not in the mood for thinking about it. Also, the teacher involved was the second life threat she suffered ever since she touched down, the first being that specter thing from the day prior

This entire train of thought basically had her wandering aimlessly, with her music box now held on the belt of her one sleeve leotard and the earphones on, listening to the one song that can soothe her in these moments. She just didn't care what to do at this point...

hzxKAxh.png

"I guess the lesson here, or whatever, would be to always figure out the whole situation. What's your objective. What's the enemy's objective. How far are you from a base, or reinforcements, and vice verse. In this situation the objective is to take them out before they take you out. In that sense Kansuke succeeded but...I'd say overall Vivian kept her own mech from being too damaged and would have eliminated the target given the time."

Eh? That was a twist she wasn't ready for. Vivian had suspected that her slow and steady approach would have gotten her scolded in a timed mission to eliminate enemy mechs. But based on that, it seemed like - even if she had taken her time - she did a pretty good job? What a pleasant surprise! With the last ring of the bell for today, Malkin rather unceremoniously dismissed her students, leaving everyone free to spend the rest of the day as they pleased. There was one thing in particular Vivian had in mind. No, not with the other girls; she was still a new friend and it seemed that Kellz and Stella were pretty tight for quite a while longer, so it was probably good to give them some space. Her target was someone else.

A boy in class. Specifically, that Kansuke boy! She still had to do that history assignment after all, and she wasn't about to be left to do all the work for herself! Plus, it would be a fun way to get to check out some places around here, and learn about stuff. That was why as students started getting out of their seats and then leaving the classroom, Vivian got up and made her way over to him.

"Hey," she waved. "It's me again. So, good job with those mechs just now!"

fccpSmd.png

"It's strange. There aren't many like him but no one seems to question it. No one seems to know where he came from either. Apparently he was born...er, built, a long time ago though. I mean I've never seen a design like that in recent years."

Even he's an old model? Just how outdated AM I?

Sammi wasn't sure which one was bugging her more. The fact that BOMB - who she thought was a fairly new model because of his impressive insides - was in fact not a newer model, or the fact that despite being made with even older technology herself, he probably still had more years on him than she did. At this rate, Sammi wouldn't have been surprised if one of her "sister" units was dug up by an archaeologist somewhere.

"Whoops, didn't mean to take up so much time. I should get going. But we should at least share contact information. Er, if you have a phone that is. I know Kaiser doesn't..."

"Let's." Sammi reached for and pulled out her phone... totally forgetting two things in the process. One, how incredibly gaudy this thing was. Two, she hadn't actually owned a phone at all until a couple of hours ago. "It's a hand-me-down," she commented, to explain the horribly over-sequined device in her hands. She would have to get some sort of case for this of her own choosing. Then it was just the matter of finding her number on here, right?

"..." Here, maybe? No? How about... not there, either. That was a picture of the flamingo. "...how do I find my number?" she asked.

Stella

"I too like to get my projects done early." 

"O-oh." Blossom stammered and glanced away. She seemed to be uncertain but a few moments later, after realizing how she looked, glanced back up at the girl. "I'm not saying we can't! It's just, well, I was going to go somewhere with my sister after class today. Erm...unless you want to come with, maybe?" Blossom asked softly.

“Eh?” Stella now seemed completely surprised by the girl’s sudden invitation. Thinking about it for a moment she then said, “ah well um, it’s not like I’m saying I can’t but are you sure I wouldn’t uh, be in the way?”

"Um. No. You...you wouldn't. I don't think." Blossom seemed to be waffling now. Surprised by the unexpected decision being put on her.

“Ah well uhh...” Stella paused as she trailed off, thinking for a moment. “Sure, yeah. I’d uh like to come along then.”

Blossom let out a small breath of relief and smiled slightly. Nodding she awkwardly waited for Stella to start going before remembering she had to lead the way. Which she did with much looking back to make sure the girl was following along.

"She's, er, she's a second year. Their classes are...uhh...this way." Blossom said and led them up some stairs into a similar looking hallway. The girl hesitated at the doorway before cautiously sliding it open ever so slightly. She started to peek into it when the door slammed open and the tiger girl, Tor, from earlier was standing there. She gave Blossom a narrowed look "Huh? What's some first years..." She glanced over at Stella and her eyes widened and her nostrils flared. "You? Come back for more did you?"

A quiet, but firm, voice came from behind. "Blossom is that you?" A young woman with dark hair, who looked similar to Blossom in several ways, appeared next to Tor.

Tor glanced over "Eh? You know these pipsqueaks?"

"Well, I know one of them." She said with a soft, motherly, smile. "That's my sister Blossom. And...are you Bianca? My sister talks so much about you. You look different than she described though...Oh, where are my manners, I'm Diantha. Blossom's older sister."

Sammi

"...how do I find my number?"

For a moment Arnold looked surprised and watched the girl with raised eyebrows. That faded quickly though and a small, friendly, smile was back on his face. He held his hand out towards her and said "Here, let me see it. I'll get it for you."

Once she did so he fiddled around with it a bit and then handed it back. "My information is in there now. That screen over there is where you can find your own information. I'll just..."

He grabbed his own phone, which seemed somewhat older than Sammi's own, and after a few moments Sammi's phone would buzz with a message. A picture of a cartoon robot giving a thumbs up. Sent by a contact labeled "Arnold."

"Easy as that." He said. He hesitated a moment and then said. "I wish I could get started right away but I have a few calls to make. Stuff back home and all that. But if you stumble onto anything interesting, or have an urge to look into something, let me know." He then waved and walked off.

As he left Kaiser let out a sigh and slumped onto the table. "He's um...very eager." He said. "We were looking around the schoolyard all last night past cur....um...p-pretend you didn't hear that okay?"

He glanced up worryingly at Sammi then. "So...what...uhh. What do you plan to do now?"

"You best be moving on. Unless you want to be cleaned up too." The boy jumped as suddenly the janitor was standing next to the two of them. Leaning on a mop and scowling at the two of them. Who seemed to be the last ones left in the classroom.

Stella, in spite of her agreement to this was still feeling nervous. It was her first time in, well, forever that she had actually hung out with someone without Kelsey being involved in some way. Add to that it wasn't just Blossom but apparently her sister as well, making Stella even more nervous about the whole ordeal. As Blossom seemed to wait for her to lead the way, Stella nodded and decided to do just that, making her way out of the classroom before realizing she didn't have any idea where it was she was supposed to be going. And so, after a moments pause once again, the girl let Blossom take the lead and followed her to the meeting place. 

As they finally met up with the girl, Stella grimaced and took a step back as if to hide behind Blossom from the other person they met up with. The girl shook her head at Tor's greeting saying, "I'm, I'm really not the fighting type." Not to mention she was pretty sure that Tor was the one who started the fight in the first place, so Stella was very much not willing to be the instigator this time as well. As she warily looked at the tiger woman, her attention was soon directed towards Diantha, Blossom's sister. As the woman greeted her, Stella eased up, shaking her head again. "Ah, no. Bianca's a different - I'm just her partner for a class project. We got assigned one today. My name's Stella. I was invited here but I'm sorry if I'm intruding on any of your plans."