LordCowCow

MechA cademy [IC/PG-13/Co-Hosted by Skaia/Not Accepting]

Erica looked at Bianca and... yeah, she was now considering the girl to be a serious pain, specially after her smile when she mentioned the whole "best grades" thing. She also shared the comment made to her, even if she didn't know exactly what it meant. She was so focused on Bianca that only realized about the dog having gotten out when it actually leapt into Bianca and then into Stella. When it came to lick her, she instinctively... readied herself to embrace it and bury her face into its fur, while keeping her usual Poker Face. Because she liked its fur. She allows it to lick her for a while and after that, she simply allowed it to leap from her, as she actually forgot she was supposed to catch it. She realized a few seconds later about that, her eyes slightly widening at the realization. 'WHY DID I LET IT GO?!'

Kelsey couldn't help but laugh. Such a small animal was causing such a big fuss. "Oh come on, someone's gotta be able to get a hold of the little guy right?" She noticed that Stella had gone down and moved to help her up. But paused as she realized that moments later the dog was standing on the desk in front of her.

The two stared at each other. Wordlessly. Sizing each other up. For Kelsey it felt like the two were in a tunnel. Facing off in a great void. One of them would have to move.

And she decided it would be her.

The girl lunged forward to try and grab the dog but the dog moved quicker. He jumped up and landed on her shoulders and, using her as a springboard of sorts he launched himself at the next unfortunate victim of his furry rampage.

Kelsey, having been suddenly pushed by the surprisingly strong animal, flailed a bit before falling over her desk and crashing into one of the students in the row in front of her.

"Ow. Okay. That dog is going DOWN." Kelsey declared, struggling to get off of whoever was under her.

Off on the other side of the room the teacher's voice called out "Sorry! Oh dear I'm very sorry! I'll...get him...under control somehow."

Spoiler

Aight smol post but if anyone wants to be next dog victim, or the one Kelsey falls on, go for it.

Probably will put an end to these shenanigans next week if stalling.

After springboarding off of Kelsey, the dog landed squarely in Kansuke's lap with a happy small-dog yelp.

Normally, Kansuke was fond of canines. He had a preference for larger ones, like the militia wolfhounds of his homeworld. By comparison, this was an inbred, fluffy monstrosity.

Nonetheless, the dog was so spirited, he elicited a sharp, barking laugh from him when he made to sniff and lick at Kansuke's hands. He made a token attempt to grab the animal, but just ended up scratching its ears and ruffling its fur before it bounded over the aisle and into another student's frantic arms. Kansuke saluted the dog, laughing uncontrollably as it went.

fccpSmd.png

In the midst of student introductions, something had happened. Something that in the moment would be entirely unpredictable, but looking back on it, Sammi would have been more surprised if something like this didn't happen. Mr. John's briefcase - which had been scooting along his desk this entire time - had fallen off the edge, releasing its contents. And the contents? His dog. A small dog which wasted no time bolting around the classroom, meeting and licking every student he could get his tiny paws on. He darted to and fro, and Sammi didn't really pay the little dog much mind. Getting swallowed up in the chaos would be of no use to her.

Or at least, she didn't pay the dog much mind. Until she felt something from the seats behind her leap onto her head. The upside-down face of a small dog suddenly obscured Sammi's field of vision, as the dog slipped off of Sammi's head and onto the desk in front of her. Already, Sammi could tell where this was going. With little else in the way of warning besides his mere presence, the dog sprung forth, applying his dog tongue to any inch of Sammi's face it could reach.

Charming.

The dog then sprinted off while Sammi wiped off her face, eager to meet its next victim.

hzxKAxh.png

That cute dog from when she met the teachers yesterday! He was right here! Running all over the classroom, giving everyone kisses, all while Vivian watched, keeping up with the little guy's movements. Until finally, Vivian found herself face to face with the tiny kiss monster. Rather than try to avoid him like some students, Vivian fully embraced what was about to go down, just as eager to meet Drei up close as he seemed to be with her. In exchange for dog kisses, Vivian picked the dog up, scratching him behind his ears and on his belly. What a perfect start to a school year!

Alas, somebody had to put a stop to this adorable creature's shenanigans. And now that Vivian had him, it seemed like a good time to do that. And so, when she was done scratching and petting the dog, Vivian kept her hands on him, not intent on letting go. He was so soft, too! However, it seemed that Drei had other plans. WIth the strength of a very small dog, the bundle of joy wiggled its way out of Vivian's grip, before resuming its licking rampage.

"C'mon Vivian you almost had the jerk!" Kelsey said. She had unentangled herself from whoever she had fell on and leapt over the desk again to try and chase after the dog. "And what are you laughing about? Grab the thing if you got time to laugh." She shouted over at Kansuke.

The dog was a wily one, though, and would weave between legs, under desks, and even jump from row to row whenever anyone got close.

Professor John was breathing heavily, leaning up against the side of his desk, as he failed for the fifth time to catch Drei.

The dog had settled itself near the door to the classroom and, with a grunt, the teacher started towards the dog again. Only to freeze as the door opened and revealed Vice Principal Reichen. She looked down as the dog let out a bark in her direction. Wagging its tail and looking up at her. Clearly happy to see the woman. Despite that she seemed very much unhappy to see him.

Her eyebrow twitched and she slowly pulled a leg back...and kicked the dog.

Drei went flying through the air, tail still wagging happily, and hit the ceiling. Bouncing from there onto another desk and bouncing from there into the wall. And finally bouncing a last time and landing back into Professor John's briefcase. Which closed once the dog was inside. From in the case they could hear an energetic bark.

"Ah..ahaha, sorry about that, ma'am." Dalton said, scratching at his beard. "Er, I'll be sure to remember to keep him at home next time, promise."

The woman pursed her lips but merely said. "See that you do. You weren't hired for your...expert dog handling. In any case, after class concludes come to my office. There's some issues I need you to look into." She looked across at the chaotic classroom and shook her head. "I'll send for the janitor to clean up this mess, get back to work."

With that she turned and left, slamming the door behind her.

The teacher was silent for a while before nervously laughing. "Guess I'm in trouble. Right, er...class...class... Ah yes that's right. I wanted to get a handle on what level you are all at. So I'll be handing out a basic test of the types of studies you'll be expected to know. You'll have until the end of class to finish it up and bring them to me."

There was a collective groan from, almost, everyone, though some like Bianca looked somewhat pleased by this. They were all handed a test with several parts. For math, science, language, and modern studies -mostly about current events, government, and military studies- questions.

Spoiler

So this will be the last "portion" of this class. Basically figure out how well your characters would answer basic high school level questions about those subjects. Make up your own questions, silly or not, if you feel like it. And respond to other things that happened as you wish.

Stella slowly picked herself back off up from the ground, wincing as Kelsey had fallen onto the ground as well from the dog's antics. Slowly bringing herself back up to the desk, the girl watched with great intensity as the dog continued to jump around. Preparing herself for whatever attack it might unleash on her next, the girl's attention was then taken as the Vice Principal had walked in. Going wide eyed as the woman kicked the dog, Stella had figured that it was perhaps a good idea to keep her distance from the woman as much as possible. The girl looked at the closed briefcase, still a bit paranoid as the dog's barking could be heard. All the same, she let out a sigh of relief as the class moved on to something more normal. A test! 

As they were given, the girl focused herself and got to putting down her answers. The first three subjects weren't that much of an issue for her. Math and Science had always been her best subjects back home, and no matter  the planet the questions didn't seem to change. Though, there were some questions that were theoretical planet specific, which adhered to different laws that forced her to think more on them for a bit. Language as well, though Stella wasn't the greatest conversationalist certainly knew the ins and outs of how to speak and write. The last two, however, were things she was far less confident on. The girl had next to no experience with military jargon or knowledge, and further more she was only ever really up to date on events surrounding her planet and the reinstatement of paper - of which there were no questions on - and thus she was out of the loop on most events around, well, the universe. She didn't even know when the last time the president of the ASU Sector needed help from people like Falco and the Lylat System to bolster their military. 

All the same, though she was shaky on some parts, the girl felt fairly confident in her test, seeming to have also finished early amongst most of her peers. 

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Guess I'm in trouble. Right, er...class...class... Ah yes that's right. I wanted to get a handle on what level you are all at. So I'll be handing out a basic test of the types of studies you'll be expected to know. You'll have until the end of class to finish it up and bring them to me."

After what Chase could only describe as a strange manner of their teacher bringing a dog with him, it was time for him to show off what he could. Unfortunately it wasn't what he could do behind a mech's controls, but rather just a simple test that was basically just an assessment. It made sense to him, after all, how else would any instructor be able to grasp what areas that their students needed assistance in and what areas they excelled in.

This shouldn't be too hard...let's check the damage. Chase thought, taking a gander at the several part test. Math...science...language...modern studies... He looked through all the questions and took note on what he could get done with first. Luckily for him, he was pretty good at math...he had to be with the type of work he was doing with learning about designing mechs.

With a twirl of his pencil, Chase began to work on the math section of the test. Some probably might've had some problems, but that's because they probably didn't think in the same vein that he did. All he did was attempt to word each question and apply it to both mech designs and even...well in the case of one question regarding finding the area, he used the method of translating it to him using Aegis Weiss' plasma rifle to hit an enemy mech that was a certain distance away.

Once math was out the way, he went down the line: next was modern studies. For an inspiring mechanic and mech designer, Chase spent a lot of time to check in on current events. His thought basically was to stay ahead of the curve with information, which pretty much served him well. Especially with some of the questions regarding current events. And I just read about that one pilot making that Kessel run in 12 seconds...still unbelievable. Either that's a hell of a pilot or one amazing vessel. Chase mused, writing his answers down for a good portion of the modern studies questions. Within a few moments, Chase finished the modern studies and did his best to finish the last two parts.

It was a grueling few minutes which felt like an eternity, but the orange-haired young man finished his test. He was positive in what areas he was strong in and did his best in those he wasn't, but at the end of the day, he successfully finished this. With a quick twirl of his pencil, Chase placed it down and then turned in the test with a smile.

Once the commotion had died down, Kansuke sat to take his test. He took the entirety of his allotted time, but he was positive he'd gotten everything correct. His planet's standard education (ending at eighteen local years of age) meant he had a lot of general knowledge in these fields, military studies being his strong suit. Aggravatingly, it took him some time to remember things like what the political situation in the Istvaan system was, or where the Halo Stars were, but he came back to it during his double-check and by the time he finished his triple check there were no questions unanswered.

Surveying the room once he was done, he decided to single out someone to try and socialize with after class. He wasn't the best at making friends, but he was not taking risks in regards running into people like Queen Insecurity again. Not in his current condition, and not alone.

His gaze landed on a guy he remembered from the attack on the Finback. He recalled watching him hop out of the white Mecha with the shield, and resolved to approach him as soon as he could.

Kansuke shook his head, aggravated. The mental side effects of his new implants had diminished for the most part, but he was still counting in base-6 and could swear his teeth were picking up shortwave. Hopefully that hadn't hindered his answers just now, but that's why he triple-checked.

hzxKAxh.png

Vivian watched as Drei hopped and jumped to and fro. What an energetic little dog! Even when the vice principal came in and kicked the dog, he seemed to be in high of spirits as ever!

...wait, she did WHAT!?

How could she!? Kicking an adorable little creature like that!? Why, if you weren't the vice principal, we'd be throwing down later today, you hear me!? Unbelievable!

"Guess I'm in trouble. Right, er...class...class... Ah yes that's right. I wanted to get a handle on what level you are all at. So I'll be handing out a basic test of the types of studies you'll be expected to know. You'll have until the end of class to finish it up and bring them to me."

As much as Vivian tried to distract herself from the unbelievably rude and barbaric approach Reichen had to managing her dog problems, it wasn't an easy task. At least having to take on this big test to start out the school year was doing a fairly decent job of it. This wasn't a good start at all. And here she'd been so eager to get going when she woke up. But it had to be done, so Vivian got started. And for the most part, her scores were looking average at best. Physics in particular seemed to be her achilles heel in the academic fields.

It wasn't until she turned yet another page and was met with a biology section that Vivian was feeling like she could do this. She knew all of this stuff! What animal is this? How does that type of plant get nutrients? Questions about organisms, food chains, and even entire ecosystems were questions Vivian found herself flying through without breaking a sweat! It was almost like plants and animals were her passion in life that she'd spent plenty of time studying firsthand or something! And as for military studies, Vivian found herself getting mixed results. She certainly had the know-how, but it was very specifically Colian know-how, a lot of which didn't necessarily apply on other planets. She didn't know the first thing about urban warfare.

fccpSmd.png

A test to prove one's academic worth. Sammi had to admit, taking this at all almost felt like cheating. She wasn't about to boast that she was probably the smartest person in the room, but she certainly wouldn't hesitate to put herself really high up there. As one could expect for someone of Sammi's origins, math was a trivial matter. Who needed a calculator anyway? Perhaps thanks to her all-nighter though, as well as various other independent studies since leaving home, the part Sammi really shined in was history. Her ability to answer questions about current events, however, was laughable.

A lot of this is pretty simple. Let's see, what's next... "Please design a valid blueprint for a mechanical citizen's core"!? How am I supposed to know how to make one of those!?

What was she supposed to do, just rip hers out and hope she lasted long enough to reverse engineer it? No thanks.

Erica sat down, after the violent attempt to stop the dog. Considering the size and strength of the dog, which she was able to test when it went to her, it's likely Drei is fine and only a bit dizzy. After that show, she sat down to get her test going... and she realized that she was WAY behind in a lot of stuff. For example, she didn't know anything about society beyond the Kuma Ring. She also was a failure in history and present events were laughable. She was not scoring well on math or arts, those were weak areas for her...

And then came the more practical ones. Chemistry, anatomy and physics were fine, she needs to know about them if she builds Robattle frames, let alone mechs. And she did surprisingly well in the tests about military stuff. She somehow felt it like second nature all the stuff about teamwork, management of resources during a battle... and then she realized that this was because of her times in Robattles, specially the Team Conquest competitions, which was about dominating the most terrain through the use of Torch Markers. She felt it was a niche terrain, but she was surprised of how much of what she learned to do there by practice applied to actual warfare. "Huh... I guess I must forgive Takuta-sensei for what I told him about Team Conquest once I return home..."

Spoiler

Team Conquest is like Spatoon's Turf War, except ink is replaced with smoke signals called Torch Markers. Just in case you ask.

Edited by ZetaRESP
Wrong class, fixing the measures.

zK42sgC.png?1

To say that Xa'tok had missed out on the majority of the shenanigans interrupting their first day of actual classes would have been quite the understatement. As the combination of confusion over the furry creature leaping its way about the the room and his own severe sleep deprivation meant that he was sat in a daze for a moment, and could only muster a "mischievous tiny-spirit" in his native tongue after his face had been licked. The rest of the situation had passed him by in something of a daze which had him swaying faintly from left to right and back again in his seat, his mind occasionally flitting back to that strange spirit he had encountered the day before. He wondered what it wanted, and how he could communicate with it more directly. He also resolved to eat a very large meal before the next time he tried to deal with it. Maybe he could offset the hunger it had instilled in him.

"Guess I'm in trouble. Right, er...class...class... Ah yes that's right. I wanted to get a handle on what level you are all at. So I'll be handing out a basic test of the types of studies you'll be expected to know. You'll have until the end of class to finish it up and bring them to me." Well, that managed to get his attention. If nothing else he could at least display that he was not as hopeless as an outsider of the wider galactic community should have been expected to be. If he could stay awake through it that was.

The mathematics on the test were, well, painfully easy. To a culture which exclusively lived on spacefaring craft, Calculus was as easy as breathing. He could chart asteroid orbits in his head, so really what could any logarithmic equation bother him with? In fact most of the subjects were easy to him. With two glaring exceptions. Questions about the history of the galaxy at large, with the exception of the rare few that concerned his people's dealings with the outsiders, were arcane to him. He did not know that there was a 43rd Galactic President, much less did he know about their response to a short-lived but intense economic recession. Worse than that were questions about literature. He had done a great deal to absorb what he could of the wider galactic culture but-

"What is a Hamlet and why is it important?" He muttered aloud to himself.

Kelsey let out a sigh after every third question, much to the chagrin of those around her. This was all so boring. A lot of it was just repeat of stuff that she had learned, took tests on, and tossed away. Why did she have to retain information about equations and types of rocks? Apparently for moments like this. She was glad that she had some memory from cramming for tests in the back of her mind so she was able to guess half-well at much of the questions.

Thankfully the stuff about current events was pretty easy. She often had a television on while she was working out so she absorbed a lot of usually useless information. Though why there was a question about the names of the Space President's now dead dog, Snuffle, she wasn't sure.

Still she was satisfied when she finished the test and slumped over the desk.

As she did the door opened again. This time a tall man with an unlit cigarette in his mouth walked in.

He had some kind of cube-shaped device that he was leading around by remote and, as he came inside, he glanced to either side multiple times before continuing on. "Ah, Mr Stone good to see you....er, why are you here?"

The man glared at the teacher "Don't use that name here." He glanced up at the ceiling and held a hand out to him before nodding to himself. "I was told there was a mess. I'm here to take care of it."

"Well, given you're the janitor, I'm not surprised. But really it's nothing. Drei just got out and ran about a bit that's all."

"That's all?" The janitor hissed. "Dog slobber can be deadly. If someone slips on it, they could crack their head open. Not to mention all the dirt on their paws...I must eliminate it immediately."

He then went to work scrubbing at every surface. Staring at each student before he passed them by.

Meanwhile Professor John shrugged again. "Welp. Alrighty then. You may start turning in your tests and I can grade them. I should be able to get done before the end of class so you'll not have to worry long! Feel free to study or...whatever you wish, until then. Just don't leave your desk for long periods."

As he said it wasn't long between him receiving the tests and grading them. He seemed to do so at a rapid pace and as soon as he was done the screens at each of their desks popped up with the results of their tests.

Kelsey shrugged at her own result. "Could be worse" she said. "Guess I gotta get Stella to cram this stuff back in." She got up from her seat to make it over to her friend and leaned in. "How'd ya do?"

It wasn't long after the tests were graded that a loud chime for the end of the class sounded and they were instructed to be ready to be in their next class in 10 minutes.

OOC

Spoiler

So there's one more round before I move into the next class so go ahead and talk a bit before then or whatever you wish to do in the between time.

Okay so the idea here is that the "grades" will be more so rankings. From lowest to highest rank, E, D, D+, C, C+, B, B+ A, G (short for Groovy, as put into place by the principal)

I'll put in the grades for each of the players. But note I only can base it off what was mentioned in the posts and what I think fits so if anything feels off let me know. Though this is mostly just for flavor anyway.

Kelsey:
Math, C
Science, B
Language, C
Modern Studies, B+

Stella:
Math, A
Science, A
Language, B
Modern Studies, C

Chase:
Math, A
Science, B
Language, B
Modern Studies, B+

Kansuke:
Math, B
Science, B+
Language, B
Modern Studies, B+

Vivian:
Math, C+
Science, B
Language, C+
Modern Studies, B

Sammi:
Math, G
Science, A
Language, A
Modern Studies, D

Erica:
Math, C
Science, B+
Language, D+
Modern Studies, D+

Xa'Tok:
Math, A
Science, B+
Language, D
Modern Studies, D

Stella was glad to have finished her test before the Janitor had arrived, being easily distracted by how he talked, went about his business and seemed to be exerting an unnerving pressure on her. All the same, eventually the teacher had called for them to turn in their tests. Stella didn't do much, as she didn't have really anything to study right now nor did she have any kind of entertainment on her person. However, she didn't have to wait in suspense long as the grades were quickly submitted to them. Stella beamed at her Math and Science grade, glad that she was able to still stay at the top of her game. She was a bit disappointed with her language grade, thinking she could still use some work on it, but was still glad with it. 

The girl let out a sigh and placed her head on her desk, covering her shame before Kelsey had made her way over. Looking up to the girl, somewhat dejected she just said, "Kellz, I'm not a very modern girl, am I?" The girl didn't make any effort to hide her grades, though also didn't seem to be any bit sarcastic about her disappointment. Getting up from her desk as the bell rang, Stella asked, "so how did you do?" 

Erica looked at the man entering and... well, to be honest, she didn't consider herself much of a clean girl, given she was a Robattler and she tended to get deep in lubricants and grease after a battle, even though she does bathe after each round. The man spoke like if dog's drool was bad. 'But the saliva of dogs is full of cleaning bacteria that make them able to eat things we would never eat... right?' she thought to herself as the man passed by. She sighed as the janitor did his job and then turned in her exam and... yeah, she was not surprised at all. She may be an inventor, but she's no genius, even on her field. She was certain her social knowledge was laughable, though she expected to get a failing grade instead of a barely passing one. Her knowledge of practical science seemed to be more than enough. However, her social studies were horrible. She left the classroom and thought about her grades before heading to the next class.

hzxKAxh.png

Test complete! What a relief! And just in time for Vivian to turn around and see a familiar figure walk in through the door.

"I was told there was a mess. I'm here to take care of it."

I guess the streets aren't the only thing he cleans up. For now though, it wouldn't be a bad idea to turn in her test at Mr. John's prompting and wait for her grades. Grading an entire class's grades on a day 1 test before class was over for the day? Talk about an efficient teacher! After some waiting, it seemed that her scores were all-around pretty solid. Nothing outstanding, but a good, well-rounded pool of knowledge contributed to some grades that Vivian was quite happy with! She couldn't help but wonder how the others had done. She was curious enough to wonder, but not enough to ask.

Kellz and Stella seemed to be talking over there about test results. She could ask them about it later. This was her first day of school, so there were a few things she wanted to get taken care of. And so, she gathered up her things, strolled out of the classroom, and used the time before the next class checking out the hallways and getting more familiar with the layout of the building.

fccpSmd.png

What the hell is G supposed to mean?

She could only assume it was a grade above A. Because Sammi had gotten every math question correct. But why a G? Whatever. That principal seemed to be very... free-spirited, to put it simply, so it was safe to say that this was probably one of his whims. However, her modern studies grade left a lot to be desired. This wasn't entirely unexpected, but seeing such a low grade on it brought the issue even more to the forefront of her thoughts. Sammi was, simply put, behind the times. Her model, her information on the world around her, even her purpose, all outdated before she was even deployed.

I'm sure one of the other mes is researching modern society. But... the network is upload-only for us!

And whatever kind of person that other her was, Sammi was pretty sure she didn't want to meet them anyway.

She'd have to make up for this deficit in modern know-how somehow. Her best inlet for information would be BOMB, but he was... probably missing a screw somewhere. Kaiser? If she met him again, maybe. Maybe in her next class. There wasn't much to do here anyway, and it wasn't like she'd get much studying done in a noisy classroom filled with students socializing with one another. What was up next anyway? Looking at her schedule, the next class to report in to was...

"Kellz, I'm not a very modern girl, am I?"

Kelsey didn't respond right away. Just patting the girl on her head, with her real hand, while looking at the screen. As expected she did really well. Though she supposed that one grade was lacking a bit from Stella's usual schoolwork.

"so how did you do?" 

"Ah, ya know, did well enough. Not gonna be writing any books anytime soon but more than good enough for shooting down baddies anyway." Kelsey said, waving off the question with a carefree smile. She didn't need Stella worrying about Kelsey's grades on top of her own after all.

As the bell rang and Stella stood up Kelsey slipped an arm around her waist and pulled her in. Her other arm moving up and waving across the air in an arc. "See that? That's all the people who are gonna have a problem with either our grades. Watch as they pass us by like, uh, a bird?"

She then skipped forward to gather up her things. "Alright, onward, to uh....History? Lame."

When they got to the next class they found that the room was very much the same as the previous one. Except for one large exception. A skeleton of some massive, winged, creature was strung up from the ceiling and dangled a dozen feet above their heads as they filtered in and took a seat.

Also the teacher was standing behind the desk and waved in a friendly manner at everyone who walked in.

She seemed to notice that some had slowed down to look at the bones above them and she clapped her hands together. "Alright y'all, get a move on. Why don't ya just sit yourselves down and I can start this shindig?" She said.

As everyone found their seats she nodded. "Well alright then. Now, I said it before but imma say it again. Name's Miss Charlotte and I teach History. I see some of you rollin your eyes but trust me history is a lot more interesting than ya think. And a whole heck of a lot more explosive. More explosive than a firework in a match factory." She smiled at everyone. "But I don't expect ya to believe me. That's why I decided I'd start with something unique-like."

She pulled out a remote from seemingly thin air, given she had no real pockets to be seen, and pressed a button.

The floor in front of her desk opened up and she slowly made her way around it as something rose up from under the floor. Once it was in place, and she was standing next to it, they could see it looked like some kind of box. Except it was golden, curved, and seemed to have some sort of depiction of a humanoid figure on its front. "This here is called a sarcophagus. It was used long ago in some cultures to bury their important dead. Kings and the like. I unearthed this varmint in the ruins of a desert planet. Almost lost my arm when the room started filling with boulders but I got it outta there. Apparently there's some kinda curse if someone messes with it but nothin ever happened to me. Now." She leaned back against her desk and grinned. "Who wants ta open it?"

Spoiler

So, if you didn't post last round, feel free to still react to your grades and such. I just didn't want to keep people waiting too long.

Also blah blah if info wanted blah blah you know the drill.

Given that they had time left in the class, Kansuke decided to approach the guy he'd singled out before.

"Oy. You were one of the Finback fighters, right?" he hoisted himself from the row below and sat on the desk. "You were the one piloting that white Mecha."

"Hm? Oh you mean the Aegis Weiss? Yeah that was definitely me."

Kansuke nodded, folding his arms. "You were a little reckless, but a close-quarters Mecha would have to be. Still, we made it out alive, which is the important part." He looked him over more carefully once they were up close. "So you're some kind of engineering nut, pun intended?"

"Well, the Aegis Weiss is more or less a mixed ranged mech rather than just close-quarters. But yeah, I'll admit I was a bit reckless." the young man nodded, smiling. "And of course I am. I'd talk more about it, but something tells me I'd possibly bore you to death with all the details about my whole passion for it."

"Maybe." Kansuke shrugged. He appreciated, however silently, that this guy had the foresight not to launch into a rant just because his favourite subject got brought up. People who talked too much tended to be boring, but people who knew they talked too much were... tolerable.

"Kansuke Akatsuka," he introduced himself proudly.

"Chase Weller."

"Where you from?"

"Ardualf. You?"

"Decima 7, Sigma Reach Cluster. A little close to the warfront, but all the more reason to enlist, right?"

"That's a pretty good reason there, I'll say."

"What, you just came for the giant robots?" Kansuke joked.

"Not even! I came to get a better understanding on how they work inside and out. I want to fix and maintain mechs, but at the same time I want to design and create my own...the perfect mech!"

"The perfect mech, huh?" He couldn't help but smile at the earnesty in Chase's voice. "Well, if it's perfection you're working on, keep an eye out. Soon as they let me into the pilot's seat, the Tyrant and I are gonna show 'em all how it's done!" He didn't voice it, but having seen it in action, Kansuke was hoping he got the chance to work with the Aegis Weiss. It seemed like it'd pair well with the Tyrranos, and he had been forming theoreticals since he saw the fight on the Finback.

Somehow, he got the urge to look back towards his screen, where he saw that his marks were up.

"Oh. That'd be my marks." He smiled, but it looked like a snarl. "See you around, grease monkey."

Checking his marks, he found he had two B and two B-plus marks. He was entirely unsurprised -- he consistently got marks of that caliber, but probably could have gotten higher ones if he really tried.

Kansuke was not expecting a sarcophagus to feature in the first minute of history class, but here he was, and the only thought he could articulate was, "Wow."

Of course he was also wondering why they let the teacher walk around dressed like a cowgirl, but that was less concerning and more... distracting.

Pointedly, he averted his gaze so he wouldn't be chosen to try and open the coffin.

Edited by ChampionZero

Erica walks in and she ignores the giant creature dangling above her as she was not focused on it. She was more focused on the teacher and what the class was. She recognized the teacher from the orientation as the History teacher due to the fact she only recalls one cowboy teacher, which she connected with History. Erica looked at her speaking of history and she was somewhat trying to recall her own studies. It was mostly general story of the Kuma Ring, specially of Asari, and some story related to her parents and the Rovenshire exploration she was born on. She was so enraptured that when the teacher asked for opening the sarcophagus, she shook the thoughts up and stood up out of reflex. "My name is Erica Sapphire, but you can call me Rika Sahira, as that is my soon-to-be legal name." Awkward silence. She looks at the sarcophagus. "You only wanted someone to open the sarcophagus. Understood." She doesn't sit down and instead she walks to the sarcophagus.

Though Stella was concerned about her own grades, she couldn't help but raise a suspicious eyebrow as Kelsey didn't seem to give her any specifics. The girl was about to say something, though as the bell rang she was swept over to her friend's side letting out a small "eep" in surprise. The girl looked in the direction of Kelsey's hand wave, and though she smiled a bit she corrected her friend saying, "well, we should also probably care about our grades." As they began to walk away, the girl then perked up as Kelsey told her what the next class was. Suddenly filled with energy, the girl said, "history?!" With a determined look on her face she said, "come on Kellz let's get going!" And with that, Kellz became the tugged as she hurried off to class. 

That the woman who was to teach their class was dressed in a strange attire, Stella didn't seem to mind whatsoever. Instead, she simply nodded along in acknowledgement as Charlotte had told them that history was supposed to be quite the exciting class. Already ready to see what kind of history that they would be talking about - generally only having taken classes on her own planet's history - the girl paused as the woman brought out a sarcophagus. Though she was curious about its contents, she froze in place at the mention of it being cursed, and needing a volunteer to come open it. Stella didn't believe in curses or anything and totally didn't want to avoid any ancient fury that may have been locked in there. She just wanted to take notes on it from afar. That was all. That was all. 

zK42sgC.png?1

Xa'Tok was, well, far from surprised by his initial grading on this test. If anything the low marks he had gotten on History and Language, the latter of which was a rather misleading name for the subject now that he considered it, were higher than he expected. Ah well, time to find his way off to the next class.

"Interesting how all of us seem to find ourselves in the same classes," he said aloud as he found his way into the room for the next class. After all, he could recognize the people he had fended off the pirates with. He could still perceive the mark of the spirits of the void on them. Something which he found comfort in. Though admittedly in his sleep deprived state he may have been ascribing far more importance to the seeming coincidence than there should have been. And far less to the skeleton hung from the ceiling. He simply assumed that their instructor kept it around to ask the creature's spirit for assistance when necessary. That made the most sense to him, especially in a History classroom.

"Wait... what is yall?" What did make sense however was her particular manner of speaking. Was this a different language? Did he need extra tutoring to understand her? Well... at least enough of it seemed to be the common language that he thought he understood what she meant. And the mention of... openly baiting a curse just to try and get people excited. That had to be an awful ide-

"You only wanted someone to open the sarcophagus. Understood." And now he had to get involved. Rather than continuing to his seat, he made his way up to the front alongside the burial container and the girl.

"Wait! Do not!" He approached Erica, quite the concerned look on his face as he did so. Before she could ask he held up his left index and middle fingers together to her, while plucking one of the strings of talismans off of his clothing and holding it in the air. He shook it twice, making it ring like a bell even though nothing about it looked like it should have, and then reached over to tie it gently around a lock of her hair. With hist the right hand in fact. "Alright. That should do it. Go ahead now." It was not exactly any sort of protection, but if there was a curse on the sarcophagus it should now react in some way if Erica tripped it. Which would mean he could intervene, somehow.

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

After his chat with Kansuke, Chase himself noticed that his marks were on the board as well. And as expected, he did pretty well. One A, two Bs and a B+, over all that wasn't a bad score of grades for him. Could he have done better in Science, Language and Modern Studies? That would a big yes from him, however, he found it a bit of a blessing that they started the school year off with such a test. After all, it also showed where he himself could improve, right at the start of it.

Not bad, not bad. First test of the year...definitely got some room to improve. he thought, writing down his marks just to make sure he had them for later. He immediately grabbed his things and headed off for his next class: History.

"This here is called a sarcophagus. It was used long ago in some cultures to bury their important dead. Kings and the like. I unearthed this varmint in the ruins of a desert planet. Almost lost my arm when the room started filling with boulders but I got it outta there. Apparently there's some kinda curse if someone messes with it but nothin ever happened to me. Now...Who wants ta open it?"

...well that escalated FAST... Chase thought, just looking at the sarcophagus.

Truthfully, he didn't find this as alarming...least not at first. He was, after all, a man of science, probabilities and cold hard facts. Someone who could design a mech and work on them didn't exactly have to worry or think much on any supernatural forces like that. That said, however, the young man did have some what of a pit in his stomach about such a turn of events.

Of course, while he tried his best to reason his worries away, the other students seemed to try and go for it...however, one specific student stopped them and started ringing what seemed like a device...or a relic...or something along those lines and tied it to the one student's hair. "...a holy man in the middle of a student body? H-Heh...well that's comforting..." he joked, trying his best not to be nervous...which he definitely was.

"You only wanted someone to open the sarcophagus. Understood."

Miss Charlotte's eyes sparkled as Erica approached the sarcophagus. "Atta girl, don't be shy now. The discovery is the best part of history so I didn't touch it much myself. Who knows what's gonna be in this thing."

Kelsey, who had been staring at the skeleton the whole time, finally looked down to see what everyone was talking about. "So what do we do if there's still something in there?" she asked.

To which the teacher grinned. "I sure hope there is. Wouldn't that be a whole heck of a lot of fun? Y'all just sit back and let's discover our own little piece of history all right?"

Then Erica approached. There looked to be several latches along the edges of the sarcophagus. As she unlatched them the object seemed cool to the touch. And, once the last one was unlatched, the lid popped open slightly and cool air came out with a pneumatic hiss. Then the lid slowly opened up and swung to the side.

Inside of it wasn't a body. At least not a normal one. Instead there was a humanoid, metal, figure standing inside with its arms crossed over its chest.

"Woo boy, well at least it's not something that smells. Was all fixing up to get out the air fresheners." Miss Charlotte said.

And then the thing's eyes flashed red and its head craned down at Erica. A red light came out and seemed to scan the girl. The next moment a voice sounded. "You are not the one." They, and then started to reach for the girl.

A moment later Kelsey was on her feet and moving over the desk. "Hey, get outta the way!" She shouted. Though if anyone looked at the teacher they'd see she seemed much less worried. She was instead watching with fascination and amusement on her eyes, seemingly watching to see what happens next.

Spoiler

So since there's a lot of you, make sure if you plan on doing something to let everyone else know. And if you want to try and do something with the robo mummy or see how it reacts to other people's posts then let me know.

Erica is surprised when her former roommate dangles something in her head. She doesn't worry about it much, as she learned to respect it and the charm was cute in her mind, so she left it. Then she began to open the latches of sarcophagus, something that actually gave her a bit of tension as she was unlatching the thing, the cold of the object not helping. As soon as it began to open after the last latch came out, she took her hands to her hips. In them, an eagle eyed person would see the steampunkish handles of her war fans on her hips, though they may not notice what they actually are until she draws them, only the kitty decor chain on the hilts. When the mechanoid scans her and attempts to grab her, she pulls out her metallic fans and uses them to try and swat away the hands of the mechanoid, getting into defense position immediately. "Do not inch one step closer!"

fccpSmd.png

The next class was history. This was something Sammi had done quite a bit of studying up on just last night, albeit most of her research was only in a certain part of the galaxy, and only for certain time periods. On the plus side, she now knew just about everything there was to know about that specific niche of history. Which wasn't the subject of today's class. The topic instead seemed to be a sarcophagus that Miss Charlotte had brought with her. This sarcophagus was not of Kavran build. The design was too intricate, and the teacher even said it came from a desert planet. At no point in its history was the formerly-inhabitable snowball Sammi came from ever a desert planet.

When Miss Charlotte then asked for volunteers to see if anyone wanted to open it, Sammi's own roommate stepped forward. Inside the sarcophagus was a rather large robot. One who had stated that Erica was not "the one" and began reaching for the girl. While it was a pretty new fact that machines and fleshbags weren't at war for hundreds of years, the old sentiments were still there. And because of them, Sammi was simply enthralled with the scene unfolding before her. Just what would become of this girl? She couldn't wait to find out!

Were they actually going to fight it? Erica and some short-haired blonde who rushed in to save the day. Sammi had expected history to be a mildly interesting class, but she hadn't expected the very first day to be so flat-out entertaining!

hzxKAxh.png

History was an interesting class so far. The teacher seemed nice, and pretty hands-on, judging by the sarcophagus she'd brought along. The sarcophagus that she asked for a volunteer to open.

Wait, that isn't right...

The one containing a large robot that seemed to have hostile intentions toward the poor girl that had opened it!

Oh no!

The one that Vivian was ready to spring into action against, but then...

"Hey, get outta the way!"

Kellz was already on the case! She trusted that girl to fight a freaky robot just as much as she trusted herself. And knowing Kellz, she wouldn't appreciate the backup if Vivian stepped in. It was probably best to stay back then. All the same, Vivian stood up some in her seat, ready to leap into the fray if things took a turn for the worse. Hopefully Miss Charlotte had similar intentions. Vivian was confident in a lot of fighting scenarios, but a robot? Those things were made of metal, and she wasn't really sure how much of a dent she could put in them.

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"You are not the one."

Like something straight out of a horror movie, Chase watched as the robo-pharaoh awoke and was starting to reach for Erica, with Kellz leaping into action. This had certainly turned into a direction he did not expect nor would've expected given the situation. Still, it was a robotic pharaoh...and it came to life again after opening the sarcophagus. Probably triggered a fail-safe device within the machine, a purely scientific solution to this issue rather than the supernatural.

...okay...robot in sarcophagus...not an actual dead person...good to know. Chase thought, exhaling softly while backing up. However, he took this time to look and inspect from afar the automaton. He rubbed his chin slightly, before moving a bit.

...if a fail-safe triggered...then it must have a power source that's having it run the automaton. Okay, deal with the power source and it'll immediately stop. The plan seemed fool proof, but then again...he'd need to know where the power source for this was.

"Hey guys." Chase loudly said. "Anyone with some eagle-sharp eyes...help me out real quick. I'm taking a wild guess that something like this has a power source that tripped back to life when the sarcophagus opened. Not sure if it's external or internal, but someone, try and spot somewhere that the power source is. Maybe we can remove it and it should theoretically cease function!"