LordCowCow

MechA cademy [IC/PG-13/Co-Hosted by Skaia/Not Accepting]

Rosha

"Ohhhhhhh! That's super-cool!" The girl said cheerfully with a smile, prompting Rosha to blink. "Mine's just a standard military mech where I come from, and even then, it's not a very popular one. The name is pretty plain too. What people designed your Mourning Star if you don't mind my asking? Are mechs not very common where you're from? I'm Vivian, by the way. Vivian Marsh."

"I am from Khaquia, it's kind of on the edge of human space from what I've heard. Our tech is pretty..." Rosha paused, searching for words. "Simple? Our world is full of big, tall trees and dangerous predators, so we've had to spend more time surviving than studying. But we're darn good at it! Anyways, it's an interesting story about the Mourning Star, see we did need some help from the humans to get it all put together, but--" A loud alarm blared through the hanger, and the pilots were soon being ushered out so that the mechanics could get to work getting everything strapped down and in place. "Drat. Well, my name is Rosha Ta'Megn, a pleasure to meet you, Vivian!"

It wasn't long until the Finback was entering atmosphere and touching down on solid ground. The students were lead out of the ship in an orderly fashion and assembled outside where they met the Vice Principal, Emilia Reichen. Everyone was made to stand still and in place, though Rosha could be seen lightly bouncing on her feet, itching to get out of her shoes and onto whatever obstacle course they had. The feeling of real gravity pulling them down was one she swore she would never take for granted ever again.

The students were lead into a large auditorium where Reichen introduced them to the leads of the different houses of the school that they would be sorted into. The first was a woman named Kris Ward of Steel Hounds, the house of working hard and becoming elite soldiers with no slacking. Next was a boy wearing a dress named Merlin from the Sun Lizards house, which was for total nerds. Finally, there was a big robot for House Bomb, which was all about slacking off and having fun. Rosha let out a sigh. At least her's was an easy decision. If she wanted to make the biggest impression she could, then there was only one house for her: the Steel Hounds.

As the assembly wrapped up, the principal was introduced and a disco ball descended from the ceiling, announcing that it was time to dance and party. Servers flitted between the chairs and students, passing out foods and refreshments. Rosha was drawn to a platter of smoked meats, munching on the snack with a satisfied look on her face. But truth be told, being here and dancing was the last thing she wanted to do with her free time.

Stella was more relieved then she had ever thought she would be about departing off the ship. It had been a rough experience for her and having to finally not worry about the ground underneath her shake, due to apparently someone just not piloting the ship, and Stella was more than happy to be off of it. Walking along with everyone else,  the group was eventually a woman who introduced herself as the vice principal of MechA Cademy. The voice and tone the woman had was enough to jolt Stella into a straighter standing posture, but this gave way to sheer awe as the group was presented with the building that was to be their academy. Everything from prestige to actual size seemed to be on a grand scale when it came to the school, seeing that the building that their school was was more akin to a castle then anything else.

As the group entered the massive auditorium, Stella stood around, still in awe at just where they were. As the vice principal began the introductions of what to expect here, the girl couldn't help but feel like at this moment she was being watched. At all times. A slightly disturbing thought to take in, but all the same, she continued to listen to the introductions. The three heads of the households. Stella was not exactly the best when it came to people, nor was she normally involved in gossip. And then there was house Bomb, a crowd that she certainly hadn't ever fit in with before. As such, the natural option was the Steel Hounds, and more to the point, she was no good as she was as a mech pilot. The girl took a glance over to her friend as she reaffirmed how useless she had felt during the last battle, and the fact that she couldn't run well across the ship was more a convenient excuse then anything else. 

Of course, this wasn't entirely her decision to make. While Stella had resonated most with the Steel Hounds, she ultimately doubted that Kelsey had. And, though she knew her friend wouldn't force her to, Stella still felt an obligation to both go along with her and help her out wherever she went. After all, it wasn't Kelsey's first choice to become a mech pilot. 

The girl was brought out of her funk, however, as the vice principal had gone on to introduce the principal. A man whose name she had only heard stories of - and of course every episode in the cartoon series that depicted his rise to glory as he invoked the spirit of an ancient warrior named Metal Crusher, "Horace and the Mechas of the Universe" - Stella was naturally overwhelmed and unsure of what to make of the real thing before her. As she seemed at a loss for words, though, it had appeared that a party was starting as a giant disco ball began to spin from the ceiling. 

While Stella had tried to recover her composure, she was surprised as someone else had come up to her. The girl wasn't exactly sure what to make of her, as she seemed to just state thoughts that Stella had when entering. "Yeah...it uh...sure is." Stella, with her equally as informed and observationally astute comment, only seemed to freeze up herself. Clearing her throat, trying to still get over all the introductions and everything they had seen so far, Stella continued. "It certainly hasn't been the first day i was expecting so far. Or the building I was expecting for that matter." Briefly shifting her gaze back to her friend, Stella then looked to the ceiling saying, "I wonder what else they use this place for." 

At first the students were standing around, confused, as the music began to play but little by little more of them got into it. It took only five or so minutes before many of them decided to throw caution to the wind and start to party in earnest. It got harder for people on the now dance floor to avoid getting caught up into it.

Kelsey's grin grew wider and wider as the madness of the situation settled in with her. "This school is amazing, isn't it?" She called out, turning towards Stella. Only to see that there was someone else there too. And, surprise of surprises, Stella was chatting with the new girl.

She stepped closer to Stella and put an arm around the girl's shoulder. Looking towards the stranger she said. "Hey there! What's your name? I'm Kelsey and, this here," she shook Stella a bit, "is Stella. In case she forgot to introduce herself again." She looked around, seeing people starting to get into the dancing, and swayed back and forth with the music. "Kinda strange music choice but I could get into it, how bout you two?"

---

Erica wasn't the first to approach Kris. However the people ahead of her were turned down sharply. "I appreciate the initiative but I'm not taking members right now. You'll have to wait for the official sign up day on the first day of school. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them now, however."

Sammi on the other hand was the first to get to talk to BOMB. The robot threw his hands out to the sides and he let out a happy sounding chirp. "I would be happy to let you into my house new friend! I shall update the list promptly!"

Before he could, however, Kris cleared her throat. "BOMB, as I said, we can't accept them yet, remember? As much as you want more members you have to follow protocol as well."

Merlin, who Chase would notice was surrounded by several girls that had seemingly swarmed to him out of nowhere, called out from their midst. "Oh come on Kristy cut some slack, let the newbies in if they wanna be. The more the merrier right?"

"It's Kris. And I will not allow breach of rules on my watch." Kris responded.

"This is why your house has the fewest members you know." Merlin said with a light chuckle.

Spoiler

Okay so sorry if I made it seem like now was the time to sign up for a house. Either way you can still talk with the leaders and learn stuff if you wish.

That being said this isn't a post in order thing you can post as frequently as you wish. Though I still want a post a week at least if possible. You just don't have to limit yourself to one post per week especially for interaction.

Which reminds me if anyone wants an NPC to interact with let me know I have a few first year students to throw your way.

"I do have a question, sires." Erica bowed as elegantly as she could as she spoke to them. If it weren't for the fact she was not born in Kuma, she wouldn't look that odd doing that, specially given her clothing was very in tone with Kuma academies. "I would like to know if there is any test to enter a house. I also wanted to know what specialties are in the Cademy itself." She refocused in her mission of knowing more of the mechanical aspect itself in order to be useful to her people. Failing was a no-go in this regard for her, so she wanted to be sure to not only know how to do it, both piloting properly and designing a proper mech, but also how to teach it as well. Because, indeed, the ultimate plan for the Asarians was to rearm themselves after the Kuma Ring war left them pretty down on their luck. Because of that, she needed to not only hone her skills, but also her mindset. She had to become a proper instructor.

fccpSmd.png

"I would be happy to let you into my house new friend! I shall update the list promptly!"

It's a bit early to call us friends. We only just met.

"BOMB, as I said, we can't accept them yet, remember? As much as you want more members you have to follow protocol as well."

"Protocol is protocol," Sammi agreed. She and BOMB should have understood that best of all people. Even if she couldn't join the house right this instant though, there were still questions she wanted to ask. Some of them were better off being asked privately, but there was one in particular that came to mind. Something she could ask in a normal setting without looking suspicious. "I am curious what makes you tick though, if you wouldn't mind sharing. The robotics tech where I'm from is behind by some three, four... hundred years, and it's kind of a passion of mine."

hzxKAxh.png

"Yeah...it uh...sure is. It certainly hasn't been the first day i was expecting so far. Or the building I was expecting for that matter. I wonder what else they use this place for." 

This girl was asking the right questions! This place was huge, so surely there was more to it than just a place to hold announcements in front of the entire student body! Vivian put some thought into it. Maybe it could transform into an arena for sparring matches! That would be neat. Before she could come up with a solid answer, a third girl also joined in on the conversation. Much like how the first girl had a prosthetic leg, this one had an arm.

"This school is amazing, isn't it? Hey there! What's your name? I'm Kelsey and, this here is Stella. In case she forgot to introduce herself again."

"I'm Vivian. It's nice to meet both of you!"

"Kinda strange music choice but I could get into it, how bout you two?"

Was it? "I have a pretty bad ear for music, so I cant get much into any kind of it." Vivian only briefly remembered a short time where she wanted to learn to play the piano. That dream was cut off early into practicing, and probably for the better. Some other students seemed to be enjoying it though, so that was nice for them! Vivian - for one - was more stoked about all this open space to run around in. The ship had also been pretty big, but that was a spaceship with mecha in it, so of course it had to be big. This building was something else entirely. If somebody could read her thoughts, they'd probably think she was emphasizing the sheer size of this room alone too much, but it was simply that impressive to her.

"So, what brings the two of you to MechA Cademy?"

As Stella had asked her question, she then looked to her side as Kelsey walked around and put her arm on her. The girl seemed to be jostled a bit as Kelsey shook her, but sighed as she gave a small wave and said, "hi Vivian." Kelsey then turned their attention to the music that was playing, swaying along with Kelsey as her friend was still holding onto her. Stella was certainly not the party animal type, and her music taste was about what you'd expect of an honors student. As such, she never really was into the kind of music that played, and so Stella said, "yeah, I'm not really into it that much either." However, with the rest of the student body getting into it, it was much easier to do so, and so swaying along said, "but...it's alright.."

It was then that Vivian asked her next question, which caused Stella to freeze a bit. It was a question that was all too common place to be asked and was almost certainly a typical icebreaker kind of question. And so it was only all the more surprising that Stella had absolutely no response planned for when it was asked. She didn't really have a reason to be here and she wasn't exactly the fastest thinker on her feet. Looking to Kelsey, the girl quickly glanced away as the real reason she was here didn't really offer her any more comfort in answering the question. And so, more quietly the girl just answered, "I'm uh here..." With a small smile on her face, that also still seemed somewhat uncomfortable, she joked, "to help keep Kellz here out of trouble." 

Kris and Merlin both took notice of the strange girl who was having difficulty forming sentences. Before Merlin could interject Kris stepped forward towards her and began to speak in Erica's native language. "I see you are not used to the common tongue. Would this be preferable?" After a response she'd continue. "We each have our own criteria for joining our house but it's different for each of us. I prefer to wait until the day of the test to give my criteria. Otherwise I can't get accurate results." She thought about the second question for a few moments. "Well, tomorrow you'll likely meet all the teachers. But you'll learn here to use mechs, fix mechs, as well as learn fundamentals that everyone should learn."

---

"I am curious what makes you tick though, if you wouldn't mind sharing. The robotics tech where I'm from is behind by some three, four... hundred years, and it's kind of a passion of mine."

"Oh? Am I ticking? That's unusual everything should be running smoothly. One moment. Scanning." The light on his face turned into a straight line and moved up and down BOMB's face for a few moments. "Nothing is wrong. Perhaps your ears are not working correctly. I could scan you to check your health if you wish." BOMB stepped closer as he said that, raising one hand towards Sammi.

---

"So, what brings the two of you to MechA Cademy?"

Kelsey waited for Stella to respond first. And the answer made the girl laugh. "Oh please it's not like I look for trouble it just happens to find me. Plus I bet I got you outta trouble plenty of times."

She turned her attention to the other girl. "Well for me it's like. You gotta do something right? And this seems like something I can do. And do well. So why not go for it right? Pretty damn cool job don't you think?"

Kelsey looked around. "So we gonna stand around in the middle of these dancers or we gonna move?" She then smirked. "Unless one of you wants to dance that is."

"<I see you are not used to the common tongue. Would this be preferable?>"

Erica was surprised to learn that Kris actually knew how to speak Asarian and she did it pretty well. She nodded at her question. "<Yes, miss. I'm sorry if my language comes off as strange, I was raised in Asari for most of my life, it is my main language.>" She bowed in respect as she listened the answers from her.

"<We each have our own criteria for joining our house but it's different for each of us. I prefer to wait until the day of the test to give my criteria. Otherwise I can't get accurate results.>"

"<Oh... I understand... Then I guess I'll see it tomorrow...>" She had made her mind already: Tomorrow, she was going to try for the Steel Hounds. It is the most obvious choice, after all. About the second question...

"<Well, tomorrow you'll likely meet all the teachers. But you'll learn here to use mechs, fix mechs, as well as learn fundamentals that everyone should learn.>"

Erica listened well and nodded, then bowed to her. "<Thank you for your time and patience.>" She retreated to the tables with the drinks. She decided that, maybe trying to socialize with someone was fine. She still wished to get in a slow dance, but this was what it was. She looked at whoever was standing next to her.

Edited by ZetaRESP
mistake at giving enter

fccpSmd.png

"Oh? Am I ticking? That's unusual everything should be running smoothly. One moment. Scanning. Nothing is wrong. Perhaps your ears are not working correctly. I could scan you to check your health if you wish."

"AHHHHH, NO THANKS I'M FINE!" That came out a bit louder than Sammi intended. Quite a bit. "Nothing wrong here," she continued, at a more regular volume. "The ticking thing is a figure of speech. The way you work, what parts do what, that sort of thing. I'm curious about what sort of technology makes you operate." That was a close one. Was this the kind of situations squishies described as causing their hair to stand on end? That they-almost-caught-me feeling. While she felt more comfortable letting BOMB know just what she was than these humans and other organics, she had a feeling he'd be a bit too tactless about it if he found out in a public setting.

hzxKAxh.png

"I'm uh here... to help keep Kellz here out of trouble." 

"Oh please it's not like I look for trouble it just happens to find me. Plus I bet I got you outta trouble plenty of times."

That sounds like the kind of thing troublemakers say. But why is Kellz here?

"Well for me it's like. You gotta do something right? And this seems like something I can do. And do well. So why not go for it right? Pretty damn cool job don't you think?

There were definitely worse jobs out there. Like contractors! All the hard work put in to build a nice place to live for someone you'll probably never meet, and they never even stop to consider the labor you and your friends put in to get the place together. Or whoever was responsible for keeping sewers running properly. But Vivian wasn't sure if she'd call mech pilot her dream job.

"So we gonna stand around in the middle of these dancers or we gonna move? Unless one of you wants to dance that is."

"I'm good with moving," Vivian answered, leading the way out from the middle of the dance floor. "Mech pilot is certainly an impressive job to have! I'm here for something kind of like that myself. I kind of have to, since it's for a military thing where I'm from; ten years compulsory service between ages eighteen and forty. I wanted to get my years done as soon as possible so that I don't have to worry about them later, and training counts toward them, so I guess you could say I'm here to try and take the easy way out for a few years?" Come to think of it, Kellz would probably be able to find plenty of work back home, if she wanted to be a mech pilot.

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

Chase was about to make his move to speak to Merlin about joining the Sun Lizards, however, his fun and opportunity went flying out the window like a small mech bird.

"BOMB, as I said, we can't accept them yet, remember? As much as you want more members you have to follow protocol as well."

This caused Chase to sigh slightly, as the young man stopped himself and turned on his heel to avoid having them basically tell him he would have to wait...like the others were being told. That kind of sucks, to be honest... he shrugged, trying his best to keep enjoying the party. Trying to join one of the houses...would've been a great opportunity to do so around here. Eh, guess this academy does things differently. Oh well, guess I'll have to just wait until tomorrow...or whenever.

With that, Chase got himself another drink and started sipping on it, whilst doing his best to mingle around again.

While Stella had been more evasive in her initial response, she still cracked a smile as Kelsey replied to her. All the same, it seemed to be a bit more on the dour side as the girl talked about why she wanted to become a mech pilot. As the two began to walk away from all of the dancing that was around, Stella  then listened to Vivian's reason for becoming a pilot. She wasn't unfamiliar with the idea of some kind of compulsory military service, though her own home planet was one that had enforced it. While she figured it was practical, Stella wasn't exactly sure how she felt about the practice in general. All the same, Stella said, "well, that sounds rough." All the same, curious, Stella asked, "so what would you do once you're out?"

"The ticking thing is a figure of speech. The way you work, what parts do what, that sort of thing. I'm curious about what sort of technology makes you operate."

"Why, I operate on explosions of course!" BOMB said. He tapped on his chest and it swung open. Inside was an extremely complicated collection of wires. Near the center was a small, cube-shaped, object. Looking closely one could see that every few seconds a small explosion went off and sent electrical pulses through the rest of him.

"I believe it operates similarly to the organ you possess called a 'heart'." BOMB bent forward a bit and poked Sammi gently on the chest. He paused, made a curious whirring noise. Then his eyes shifted into a straight line as a cone of light came from them and began to scan Sammi up and down.

"Mech pilot is certainly an impressive job to have! I'm here for something kind of like that myself. I kind of have to, since it's for a military thing where I'm from; ten years compulsory service between ages eighteen and forty. I wanted to get my years done as soon as possible so that I don't have to worry about them later, and training counts toward them, so I guess you could say I'm here to try and take the easy way out for a few years?"

"well, that sounds rough. So what would you do once you're out?"

"Soooo that's a no to the dancing?" Kelsey said, before following the two over to the side. She thought about the girl's answer. "That kinda sucks actually. They force you to take a that many years out of your life just for that." The girl clenched her fist. "I'd tell em to shove it, myself."

She looked off to the floor. The energy of the room was getting to her and she was itching to do...something. Something physical. It didn't help that what Vivian had told them got on her nerves. She just needed some sort of outlet for it. The girl began rocking back and forth on her heels, eyeing the crowd. "Kinda wanna hit something now." she muttered under her breath.

Spoiler

Okay first of all. Important. Once you read this send me a message on Discord. Specifically ":eyes:"

Now that being said. I really want to be sure what you all want. I can move us along and timeskip to getting our rooms tonight. I can send NPCs to interact with y'all. Or I can cause some events to go down. I have ideas for how to do this but I want to know what you actually want to do.

To reiterate I can skip us, chat with your characters, or make events happen to react to. But I don't want to proceed without some amount of input from each of you. I don't want to lock into one thing and have nothing happen for another week. I want to do things that will get interest. That's the point of this RP after all.

And don't get too stuck on once a week stuff. I can likely post every few days if there's something for me to post for.

fccpSmd.png

"Why, I operate on explosions of course!"

You can't be serious. BOMB then opened up his chest to reveal a complicated set of wires, and in the center of it all, a cube that would explode at set intervals. He was serious! Of course machines could operate on explosions - that was how some engines functioned - but to see it on such a small scale and allowing a fully-fledged robot to work was impressive! Was there any sort of benefit to having one of those? Maybe she could pay to get her older-technology parts swapped out to something like that. But then that would come with its own set of problems.

"I believe it operates similarly to the organ you possess called a 'heart'."

"That seems to be the case, yes." However, BOMB then did the thing Sammi insisted wasn't necessary. The scan. Uh-oh! "Ah, I just remembered I have somewhere to be! Bye!" With that, Sammi hurried off the stage and into the partying crowd. Not into the dancers of course - she was pretty sure if one thing could make her sick despite not even having the parts to get sick in the first place, it would be dancing with all these other people - but off to the side, where the other partygoers were hanging out. So intent on getting into the crowd and out of BOMB's sight was she, that she totally failed to notice a boy, whom she'd promptly ran face-first into, nearly causing him to spill a drink it looked like he'd just gotten.

"Watch it! You..." Hadn't she seen him somewhere? "You, you... you... I've seen you somewhere else today. Ah, you were there when we were defending the Finback!"

hzxKAxh.png

"Well, that sounds rough. So what would you do once you're out?"

"That kinda sucks actually. They force you to take a that many years out of your life just for that. I'd tell em to shove it, myself."

"Oh, I could never! Besides, Colia is a strictly neutral planet, so it's not like I have to worry about suddenly fighting in a war or something! And they teach you all sorts of survival skills too, which are very helpful to have! It's just not my sort of career is all. Once I'm done with the compulsory stuff, I'd like to get some sort of job that has to do with the wildlife there. Even if it's just working at a zoo or being a wildlife guide for tourists, I want to be close to all the plants and animals back home. All the other planets I've stopped at on the way here seem to have such bland wildlife once you get used to the stuff living on Colia! Ahahaha!"

As if to make her point, Vivian reached into her pocket, procuring a cell phone. She went into the pictures folder, and started pulling up pictures of the plants and animals she'd found back home. They were bright and colorful, and usually a bit strange. The pictures were too high quality to be taken by a cell phone though, even in this day and age. Some sealife was even included in Vivian's collection, but those pictures were a bit harder to make out.

"What sort of planet are you two from, by the way? It sounds like you've been together for a while, so it makes sense that you'd be from the same one, right?"

Kansuke had his fair share of frustration that day: The rocking of the ship threw off his morning workout, he was stuck inside the ship during the fight because he couldn't take his mech out, and to make matters so, SO MUCH WORSE, he was now standing in the center of what looked suspiciously like a middle-school dance.

As he wove his way out of the crowd of other students, he passed a server and plucked something off their tray practically at random, sticking a piece of some kind of meat into his mouth without looking and cringing slightly. "Nobody in this corner of the galaxy heard of salt," he wondered, "or are my tastebuds shutting down?"

His eye was twitching by the time he got out of the mob, popping out within earshot of some other non-dancing people with an exaggerated GASP and a frustrated shake of his head. "This is stupid," he muttered loudly, "The music, the food, the dancing. Makes me want to throw a punch just to see one of these choffers start something." Unfortunately, it was day one. Scratch that, day zero, and getting kicked out before classes even begin was not on Kansuke's to-do list.

Erica was, of course, right next to the place where Kansuke popped out from. She was not amused by his antics. "The other people seem to find amusement in the relaxation, sir." She sipped a bit of punch, speaking to him without direct eye contact. "I would suggest you to 'friend up' some people... it would be catastrophic to try and start a rumble right now and here." She finished her punch and left the glass sitting on the table. "I would suggest you get with the house leaders, but they already stated they are not taking people in until tomorrow."

As the trio began making their way out of the crowd, Stella admired that Vivian could look at her situation so positively, though that they were at peace had little baring on how rough the situation of her people sounded. And, though she had been the one to ask the girl about her profession of choice, she didn't honestly care all that much. As such, she more or less feigned a smile as the girl took her phone out and showed them her recent photographic works. Stella didn't really know too much about photography herself nor was she entirely comfortable with Vivian's forwardness about it all, though some of the unique sights were still interesting enough. It was then that she had asked about them, and their lives. Naturally, Stella wasn't all that keen on talking about herself but simply said, "yeah, our home isn't much special. It's fine but well - " 

As Stella was trying to figure out how best to explain her home to the foreigner she took notice of Kelsey's souring mood and rising agitation. As she had a look in her eyes that was likely menacing to just a random passerby, Stella figured she had to help her friend out in some way. Of course, she wasn't an ideal sparring partner, even when her sense of balance wasn't as off as it had been. So, instead, she simply grabbed at her bag she had been carrying and fluffed it up. Putting it in front of her she said, "Kellz." Gesturing to the bag, Stella held it out but tightly, as if to gesture for her friend to use it as a punching bag. 

Kansuke gave Erica a sideways glare. "What, do ya think I'm stupid? I know all that!" He scoffed, tossing his head in an indignant arc. "Just because I'm angry doesn't mean I'm brainless, Goggles."

Admittedly, the girl who'd decided to quip at him seemed weirdly calm-- robotic, even. Normally he'd be OK with making a friend like that, but there's the issue of him now being annoyed with her, and as always, his internal monologue was losing cohesion by the moment. "And what the hell does 'friend up' mean? What kind of wack-ass grammar is that? You speak Rovan or something?" Despite not speaking any himself, Kansuke didn't actually have a problem with other languages. He was mostly just talking because it gave his mouth something to do other than curse rapidly, and he knew there were certain grammar mistakes people from certain sectors made when speaking Basic: If it wasn't your first language, you were bound to have trouble with it.

The answer from the boy was... well, somewhat expected. "What, do ya think I'm stupid? I know all that!" His way retort was... strangely familiar. She certainly knew someone back on Asari, a girl named Yoko Matsuda, that has the same temper. Sure, she is also a bit of an unrepentant jerk that apparently hates air itself while he only seems angry at the current situation... at least for now. "Just because I'm angry doesn't mean I'm brainless, Goggles." Yup. The exact same mood as Matsura. She looked at him. He seemed like the actual kind of person that prefers a rifle instruction manual to a book of good manners. But... she found him somewhat interesting. She served herself more punch as she replied.

"Just because you are upset with the current situation, you are not excused to return the sentiment with the others." She took a sip of punch as she returned to her reply. "And it would not harm you to friend up with others who may get covered your weaknesses in a combat." She kept replying at him without much eye contact... mostly because that's her way to keep calm in a conversation: limit eye contact when subject proves hard to handle.

"And what the hell does 'friend up' mean? What kind of wack-ass grammar is that? You speak Rovan or something?" Erica stopped her drinking and placed her glass in the table. It was..  oddly specific how he pulled that one out.

"I do try to. I happen to be somewhat decomposed on it, as I had been raised away from my origin. I consider myself Asarian, if you ask, sir." Her posture, her uniform, her speech pattern... if it weren't for the fact she looked like the steampunk lasses from Rovenshire from the neck up, she could pass like a dark skinned Asarian. And that was kind of the idea with her.

Edited by ZetaRESP

"I do try to. I happen to be somewhat decomposed on it, as I had been raised away from my origin. I consider myself Asarian, if you ask, sir."

"Huh..." He muttered. Rovan, but raised Asarian? Kansuke considered that for a second, folding his arms. Yeah, I could see it, he decided as he reached over and poured himself a cup of punch. "I don't outrank you yet, so don't go calling me 'sir' like that." He half-smiled, but it looked more like a sneer. Even Kansuke had to admit to himself that he liked hearing someone call him 'sir,' but that didn't mean it was proper.

Taking a sip of the punch, he cringed again. "
Bleugh. That's pure sugar." Wow. Adjusting to the food here was going to take a while, it seemed. Better start now, He decided, taking a larger gulp of the stuff and resisting the shudder that ran down his spine.

"Hey, weren't you one of the pilots who was able to get out and fight during the pirate attack?" He asked, suddenly remembering the sight of her climbing out of a mech at the end of the fight.

No matter how Vivian tried to spin it, it sounded an awful lot like some kind of prison planet. Kelsey didn't like that idea one bit.

The excitement of the crowd around her was getting to her. Making her antsy. And this wasn't helping much.

"What sort of planet are you two from, by the way? It sounds like you've been together for a while, so it makes sense that you'd be from the same one, right?"

"yeah, our home isn't much special. It's fine but well - " 

"It's like she said. It's a place like most others. Had some issues but so does everywhere. I guess best you can say about it was that it was consistent. You could pick out any random planet in the universe and probably hit one that's like ours." She never really thought much about the planet as a whole. Really she was only concerned with her own city. And even then only parts of it. Maybe there was something interesting about it but she wouldn't know.

What she did know was that she had all this energy now and nowhere to put it.

Stella seemed to notice it and gave her something to hit. The sight made Kelsey laugh. "C'mon Stella you're making me look like a lunatic." She said with a grin. "Alright, suppose it's better than getting into it with one of those guys." She then cocked a fist back and swung.

Unfortunately without thinking she swung with her prosthetic arm. So when she hit it her fist ripped the bag open. "Ah...shit." Kelsey muttered as she pulled back and looked at the arm. "Dammit." She swore again. "That was stupid."

OOC

Spoiler

Okay...I'm going to post this once again. Only Keto, Chaos Sonic, and VCR_Cat need to worry about this. I'll also add another thing to the end of this copy/paste from last week's post. Everyone should read the bold part at least.

Okay first of all. Important. Once you read this send me a message on Discord. Specifically ":eyes:" 

Now that being said. I really want to be sure what you all want. I can move us along and timeskip to getting our rooms tonight. I can send NPCs to interact with y'all. Or I can cause some events to go down. I have ideas for how to do all of this but I want to know what you actually want to do.

To reiterate I can skip, chat with your characters, or make events happen to react to. But I don't want to proceed without some amount of input from each of you. I don't want to lock into one thing and have nothing happen for another week. I want to do things that will get interest. That's the point of this RP after all. 

And don't get too stuck on once a week stuff. I can likely post every few days if there's something for me to post for. 

If you do not at least send me said message by next week so I know you saw this, you will be removed from the RP. I cannot proceed without some input. I am fine with the no post but no post combined with lack of response to this twice in a row is not acceptable. I am attempting to find the best way to keep things going.

Those who already did this don't worry. And also please don't bother people to check this. I want to be sure that everyone is on the same page here.

"I don't outrank you yet, so don't go calling me 'sir' like that." She blinked for a second... if he's new in the class, then he definitively was not made for this .

"I will take a sketch out of that advice, yes." She took a sip from her glass as she glanced at him, finding it a bit amusing how unadapted he was to the sweetness of the punch.

"Hey, weren't you one of the pilots who was able to get out and fight during the pirate attack?" Erica did a slight frown at the reminder of her disastrous (at least for her) first true battle on top of her mech.

"I was in the battle, indeed..." She didn't really want to get deep into the whole thing as... well, she really had bad memories about it all. Specially, the state in which his mech ended up. Sure, it was still working, it was in no danger of catching fire and the pirates were defeated... but her own performance in the battle was subpar and she really could not forgive herself for how she acted in the battlefield.

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Watch it! You...You, you... you... I've seen you somewhere else today. Ah, you were there when we were defending the Finback!"

Chase sighed as he looked at the mess that was obviously made on him. Such a wonderful thing of punch...ruined...now it was spilled on the floor. "Man...I hadn't finished that..." he grumbled, before looking at who the bumping individual was and noticed it was a young girl, who apparently on the Finback with him. "Hmm? Oh yeah, I was defending it with a few others. Was in the mech known as Aegis Weiss." he nodded, extending a hand towards the young girl. "Chase Weller, at your service."

Should the young girl shake his hand, after this he would put it back in his pocket and smile slightly. "So if you knew about that, then that means you must've been up there on the outside of the ship too. Soooooo which mech were you piloting?"

"I was in the battle, indeed..." She didn't go any further in detail, and the two lapsed into an unintentional quiet while he waited for her to continue. When it became clear she didn't want to, he decided to break the silence.

"Hm. Well, lucky you." He took a sip of the sweet drink, then gave it a bitter stare, watching his reflection ripple in the surface of the liquid. Other students had been able to strut their stuff on the proverbial dance floor, and he had to sit there like a wallflower...

Man, this dance setting was getting into his head.

"You got a chance to prove yourselves before you even made it here. Those bandit mechs might have been junkers, but they'd've royally screwed the Finback if you hadn't gotten out there. Wish I coulda done something, but even if my mech wasn't stuck in the hanger at the time, I couldn't have piloted it." He sighed harshly, then finished his drink and inverted the glass onto a napkin. It was bullshit-- he needed to get the implant procedure done to pilot the Tyrannos, but he couldn't get the procedure done anywhere but the Academy, where he had to pilot the Tyrannos. What kind of a system was that? "I mean, I've been through all the simulators, sure, but I'm not allowed to pilot it until I get all the implants I need, meaning I had to sit there on my goddamn hands--!" He caught himself and sighed again, trying and failing to dispel his anger.

"Hm. Well, lucky you." She looked at him and saw him discard his drink, while she wondered about his response.

<Lucky? I don't think he's thinking of me being lucky for almost di->

"You got a chance to prove yourselves before you even made it here. Those bandit mechs might have been junkers, but they'd've royally screwed the Finback if you hadn't gotten out there."

<Oh... that kind of luck....> She thought for a second and decided that someone with such a tough look and attitude would had liked to fight and whatever stopped him was disturbing him a lot.

"Wish I coulda done something, but even if my mech wasn't stuck in the hanger at the time, I couldn't have piloted it." That last line drove her curiosity a bit. His mecha was stuck... and that wasn't the trouble? What does he mean?

"I mean, I've been through all the simulators, sure, but I'm not allowed to pilot it until I get all the implants I need, meaning I had to sit there on my goddamn hands--!" Erica blinked. Implants... She knew there were other ways to use a mech than the regular AI drive though digital inputs. She has, for example, a fully analog system for the control of her mech to match the way she uses her Robattle suit. Implants sounds like a deeper level of integration...

"Sounds like the kind of system only experts can add or user on." Erica's butchering of Basic was getting subtler, but also more painful... almost as painful as remembering her role in the battle, one may say. "And not being battled was not bad, specially if not battling life real. I almost died for my own sins and it was not my first rodeo... well, it was my first rodeo as giant, but still. I am a Robattler and even then Osiris was hit hard."

"...not being battled was not bad, specially if not battling life real. I almost died for my own sins and it was not my first rodeo... well, it was my first rodeo as giant, but still. I am a Robattler and even then Osiris was hit hard."

Kansuke looked visibly uncomfortable at her butchered grammar. Frankly, it was almost frightening, but he understood her tone of voice and the general gist of what she was saying. To hear her tell it, she didn't do as well as she'd liked in the fight, and didn't feel too great about it either. That said, he wasn't about to go holding her hand and telling her it was all going to be OK, that she just had to learn from the experience and not make the same mistake twice. He wasn't her dad.

"But you won," He said, despite himself. Before she could question the admittedly simple statement, he explained himself. "I mean, you gave the pirates what was comin' to 'em, the Finback's still in one piece, and nobody died on our end. I consider that a win, and frankly, you should too."