LordCowCow

MechA cademy [IC/PG-13/Co-Hosted by Skaia/Not Accepting]

"But you won," Erica only gazed a bit to him as he spoke. "I mean, you gave the pirates what was comin' to 'em, the Finback's still in one piece, and nobody died on our end. I consider that a win, and frankly, you should too." She listens at him, and sees his point. It was a victory, despite the consequences... but she was thinking on the news she heard back on the Finback and kept telling herself that that small victory was just that: a victory only for the Finback in that moment. Nothing compared to what may come later.

"You are right. It was won over, despite my performance." Erica retook her looking of the crowd and the paced drinking. "Yet it was but a mere test of what will come... specially if the Heliosians are truly returning." She assured to keep her tone low enough for only the two of them hearing any part of her side of the conversation. It was, after all, a private chat between them. "It may had been a group victory, but was a solo deception and a future warning. I will be better next time..." She props herself up from her leaning position and looks at him. He mentioned something about implant for connection to the mecha and her mecha was literally by motion controls... at least, as far as mechanic levers can go. "I want you to come with me training robot." It was good that she said that before going for the typical "dance with me" pose.

Kansuke took a moment to process that. "I want you to come with me training robot." Honestly, he was genuinely confused. She had him up until the last two words. Training robot? She wants him to come with her? Where does the training robot come in? Is he the training robot? Does she actually think he's a robot? Is she asking to dance or fight? Didn't she just say starting a fight would be bad? Then she must want to dance. Her pose reinforces that, but there's the question of why. They just met, and they're only talking to each other because it's more convenient than going off to start a new conversation.

Once he'd given her the requisite five seconds of cocked eyebrow and a confused face, he held a hand up. "Uh, no. I don't dance. Not sorry."

"Uh, no. I don't dance. Not sorry." She thought for a second at his response. She was certain she asked him to go training with him. Then she realized the setting may lead to issues and tried to reformulate it.

"You use your senses for your mech. I use my body for mine. I am asking you to train with me, so we can train what we trained to our mechs." She hoped this time it would make sense about her intentions, as she tried harder to find the right words for it. "We can try and go outside. Besides, this party ambience is not really my kind."

fccpSmd.png

"Man...I hadn't finished that..."

Take better care with your drink then.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I was defending it with a few others. Was in the mech known as Aegis Weiss. Chase Weller, at your service. So if you knew about that, then that means you must've been up there on the outside of the ship too. Soooooo which mech were you piloting?"

"Sammi." Sammi took and shook Chase's hand, but only for an incredibly short time before returning it to her side. "My mech is the SK-04, designed for aerial combat. The one with the propellers." Asking what Chase was doing in a place like this was kind of a no-brainer, of course. Learn about mechs. It was a regular part of conversation to exchange questions and answers though. Luckily, there was plenty to ask. Why was his grip so bad? Just how much did he contribute to the defense of the Finback earlier?

"Have you been thinking about those houses?" she settled on.

hzxKAxh.png

"Yeah, our home isn't much special. It's fine but well - " 

"It's like she said. It's a place like most others. Had some issues but so does everywhere. I guess best you can say about it was that it was consistent. You could pick out any random planet in the universe and probably hit one that's like ours."

Is that so? It sounded a bit drab if that was the case. Or maybe she was the weird one here. Stella then put her bag up to Kellz for... some reason.

"C'mon Stella you're making me look like a lunatic. Alright, suppose it's better than getting into it with one of those guys." She then cocked a fist back and swung. Vivian watched in amazement as Kellz punched the bag with enough force to rip the bag open! Impressive! And a bit messy. "Ah...shit. Dammit. That was stupid."

"I can help pick up anything that spilled," Vivian offered, already checking around and picking up anything that might have fallen out of the bag Kellz punched. "I've never seen someone punch something quite that hard before. You must be really strong!" It probably had something to do with that prosthetic, right? Vivian had never met someone with them before, but she read once that a long time ago, they were weaker than organic body parts. And yet, here she was in this day and age, watching somebody punch that hard apparently on accident by using the prosthetic arm.

Technology sure was amazing! "Can your leg do things like that too?" she asked to Stella.

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Sammi. My mech is the SK-04, designed for aerial combat. The one with the propellers."

"Propellers...propellers..." Chase closed his eyes and rubbed under his chin for a moment, trying his best to remember which mech this was. Finally, it clicked and he snapped slightly. "Oooooh!!! The one that almost resembled one of those old timey cargo planes...the one with pulse cannons and the railgun. That one is quite the mech in my book. Though, a bit one sided for my tastes...given the fact that it seems to be made for aerial combat primarily and has no versatility...but that's just me."

It didn't take Chase long to realize he had been rambling about the mecha to Sammi like this. He quickly kept himself quiet and rubbed the back of his head. "Ehehehe...sorry about that. Didn't mean to get on a tangent there."

"Have you been thinking about those houses?"

"Sun Lizards." he said, not even missing a beat. "It's a house that definitely seems like it'll help me in the long run. Especially if I want to develop my own mech from scratch one day. After all, they happen to be a house of information, so gathering as much as I can and even finding out what certain mechs are capable of can help my studies and research out even more. What about you?"

As Stella braced herself for the punch at her bag, the fist seemed to have more force in it then either of the two girls seemed to be expecting. Stella just barely managed to hold of her bag as, while she was expecting it to be punched, she was not expecting it to be torn and thus have all of the weight shift out of it. Keeping her hold however, the girl simply looked at the contents of her bag having spilled on the ground. It was nothing worth being sad about, just a few articles of clothing and school supplies that Stella had on hand. Looking up to see that friend was taking it hard, Stella immediately tried to wave it off, saying, "oh, it's fine Kellz. I probably wasn't just braced for it properly, and I'm sure there's bags here in the school. Ah," as she moved her hands to wave her in reassurance, more spilled out of her bag prompting Stella to let out an awkward chuckle, before trying to reassure Kelsey again. "Really, it's fine." After all, it was still Stella's fault. 

After saying that, the other girl Vivian had elected to pick up her stuff, to which Stella simply  said, "oh, thanks." Reaching down to grab her stuff as well, awkwardly placing it in her torn bag and trying to hold it so that the tear was facing up. As the girl looked to Stella again, and asked about her leg, Stella instinctively stepped back with her metal leg. Her expression was clearly uncomfortable at the question, but she didn't really say any more than, "um, no. It doesn't." Though, she would be lying if she had said she ever actually tried to kick with her leg, both due to being unaccustomed to the leg itself and a less realistic fear that she might accidentally launch it off her body by accident. Still, continuing with her answer she said, "it just kind of helps me walk." As she remembered her time on the Finnback, she added, "most of the time at least." 

Edited by Skaia

"I've never seen someone punch something quite that hard before. You must be really strong!"

Kelsey started to wave that statement off. "It's not really that. Just was an accident is all." Even Stella seemed to just want to brush the moment off and why wouldn't she go along with it if that's what she wanted. "If you're sure. Next time I'll remember to use the other one though."

But then Vivian made a mistake.

"Can your leg do things like that too?"

Kelsey stood up straight, as she had been about to try and help the others pick everything up, and stared at the girl. Did she really just do that? She glanced over at Stella and saw the discomfort on her friend's face.

It kinda ticked her off.

Kelsey stepped up towards Vivian and narrowed her eyes. "You don't go around asking people things like that." She said through gritted teeth. "What the hell's wrong with you? Think we're some sort of exhibit or something?" She shoved the girl. "Well, do you?"

Kris Ward was overall pleased with how events were going. While she wasn't so sure about the Principal's decision she was used to it by now. And, unlike her first year, no one was trying to bring their Mech into the auditorium.

It would be better if she didn't have to deal with Merlin and his squad of groupies.

Rolling her eyes as the man began his talk about magic, trying to impress a new batch of first year girls, she decided that she'd go out and about the crowd herself. "Bomb, make sure he doesn't do anything too stupid okay?" She said towards the robot before heading down among the crowd.

While she was pleased at the event so far she couldn't say there were many students that she particular thought seemed...exceptional. They had taken to the impulsive dance party rather quickly for the most part. And many of those that didn't looked to be hooligans. Especially that boy over there with the mohawk and piercings.

Frowning she started towards him. But then something happened that caught her attention.

One of the boys had suddenly headed towards another, one that stood out due to their unusual, almost shamanistic, clothing. "Hey, asshole!" The boy said and threw something at the other. "You better fix this right now my feet are looking like raisins cause of you!"

Kris approached the two and, as she got close, noticed that what the boy had thrown...was a wet sock. "What's happening here?" Kris said.

The boy turned to her, angrily, then seemed to hesitate when he saw her. "This guy's a freak, he put a damn curse on me with his witchcraft."

Kris raised an eyebrow at that and looked to the young man in question. "Don't be ridiculous, something like that doesn't actually happen." She then got closer. "Care to tell me what's actually going on?" She asked Xa'tok.

zK42sgC.png?1

The party had, thus far, passed without much involvement from Xa'Tok. He had chosen to observe these strange customs of the planet-dwellers rather than involve himself directly, and more over was feeling a little overwhelmed from the sensations of simply being on a planet. It was probably not something that anyone else was noticing, in truth he was probably the only person who had been exposed to artificial gravity long enough to even be aware of the difference, but the gravity was not constant. It was subtle, only the faintest of differences as he made his way around the room, but undeniable. It had taken him some time to pin that down as being the source of his discomfort, but that was it. The spirits of the world, too, did not feel the same as those in the void. "Natural" water and air felt distinct from those who inhabited the eternally circulated and cleansed substances aboard starships. The spirits of the ground, as best as he could determine they were, too felt different from him. Their nature felt strangely static, which was especially odd to him when he considered how swiftly the planet was moving through the void. And yet in the here and now, sat as they were, he had to admit that that was exactly how it felt. Static, and inconsistent. Like it rested upon a rusted deck that by some miracle still refused to give out, even if it shifted in place under certain pressures. He was, so far, doing a decent job of preventing it creeping into his features, but he was uncomfortable. How could anyone live like this?

"Hey asshole," the accusation broke him out of his revere and the Shaman turned to see the very same boy to whom he had attached a mischievous water spirit come to try and force him to undo his work. Before he could refuse another approached, asking for an explanation. The head of one of the houses, if he recalled her introduction correctly. Metal Dogs? Was that it? He could not clearly remember, and deigned simply to not bring it up.

"What he says is not true, but what he means is." The Shaman answered, likely sounding more enigmatic than he intended to. "I was mocked when I commented on my ability to commune with the spirits, and so I offered a demonstration. A mischievous spirit from the ship's water stores, which is presently enjoying its time attached to this one's feet. It will get bored and leave on its own, eventually. Other shamans have done far worse for a similar offense."

fccpSmd.png

"Sun Lizards. It's a house that definitely seems like it'll help me in the long run. Especially if I want to develop my own mech from scratch one day. After all, they happen to be a house of information, so gathering as much as I can and even finding out what certain mechs are capable of can help my studies and research out even more. What about you?"

"Information is how you win, I guess. I'm looking at House Bomb myself. Not out of the interest of making friends or having fun, but because the house head makes me wonder a bunch of things, like how he operates, what he's doing here to begin with, or what sort of mech a robot would pilot." Although, Sammi already knew what kind of mech a robot would pilot. One with propellers, apparently. At least in her case. "Otherwise, I'd also be joining up with the Sun Lizards, even if Merlin rubs me the wrong way." Because information.

hzxKAxh.png

"Um, no. It doesn't. It just kind of helps me walk. Most of the time at least."

"Ah, I see."

Stella's answer was straightforward and clear. Kellz, however, didn't seem to appreciate the question much. "You don't go around asking people things like that. What the hell's wrong with you? Think we're some sort of exhibit or something? Well, do you?"

"Of course not," Vivian answered, regaining her balance from being so suddenly shoved, and taking care not to drop any of Stella's things she'd helped pick up. "I've just never met anyone with prosthetic parts before, and the strength in your arm was so impressive I couldn't help but wonder if all prosthetics were like that." The more she thought about it, it would be kind of weird if Stella's leg really was super-powerful. Her walk would be all lopsided and stuff. "I didn't mean to pry, and I definitely didn't mean to make anyone upset." Tilting her head over to look past Kellz and over to Stella, Vivian smiled awkwardly and said "Sorry if I asked something inappropriate."

Stella's discomfort about the question was plain as day on her face. This was only accentuated as Kelsey had ended up shoving Vivian as a result of her discomfort. On the one hand, that Kelsey was willing to get as confrontational as she did on her behalf nearly brought a smile to her face. Though, the combination of all the events that had lead up to this, and the situation itself only seemed to weigh more and more on Stella. She, once again, started to feel more aware of her leg than she had been before. The off center feeling, like her weight was all lopsided and her balance uneven. The cold feeling of the steel pressing against her skin. And worst of all the strange aches that seemed to radiate all around the metal.

While she simply watched Vivian apologize, Stella simply said, "it's um..." Well, she couldn't exactly say it was fine. She did find the question offensive after all. However, she backtracked and said, "apology accepted. Just, try not to ask about it in the future. Alright?" Her tone still seemed to display some discomfort, though now mixed with some kind of chiding in it. Looking to her friend she said, "hey uh Kellz, you think we should go and figure out where we're staying now?"

I was mocked when I commented on my ability to commune with the spirits, and so I offered a demonstration. A mischievous spirit from the ship's water stores, which is presently enjoying its time attached to this one's feet. It will get bored and leave on its own, eventually. Other shamans have done far worse for a similar offense."

There was a hint of disbelief on Kris's face for a moment. Then it was wiped away and replaced with a stern yet neutral expression. "I see. While I will not pretend to fully understand what you mean by spirits I think I have a better picture of the situation." She faced towards Xa'Tok directly. "Attacking fellow students is not tolerated here. You won't get any punishment from prior actions, especially as there is no real proof of wrongdoing, but keep in mind for future reference that such things are frowned upon."

She turned towards the other boy who was watching the scene play out with a smug expression. "As for you. Physically assault is also not allowed. And this happened in the school grounds themselves. If I see you doing that again I will report it."

"What? Hey, that's not fair. I only did it cause this weirdo started it." He reached forward and grabbed Kris's shoulder. The next moment he was on his stomach with his arm behind his back.

Atop of him Kris responded calmly. "I'm merely informing you of the rules. You can follow my advice or not; it's your future. But please don't lay a hand on me." She let the boy up, who cast a dark look at Xa'Tok before walking off.

Kris turned back to him. "Is everything alright here or did you have some questions that I could help with?"

"Sorry if I asked something inappropriate."

Kelsey, still running hot, wasn't sure how to process the calm apology. She waved the girl off and began grumbling to herself. She wasn't used to that. Usually when she did something like that it'd come to blows. Being honest she didn't know what to do when someone didn't fight back.

"hey uh Kellz, you think we should go and figure out where we're staying now?"

She glanced over at Stella, feeling herself slowly cool off by the girl's rational nature. "I dunno that sounds like something we're supposed to get told by the school or something doesn't it?"

"You would be correct."

Turning around swiftly the girl would see the woman from before, the vice principal, standing there with her arms crossed. Gazing with one eye at the girl. "I see you're going to be a troublemaker already." She nodded at Vivian. "I appreciate your resolving of the situation. Many students could learn from you. I came here to stop a fight but it seems I am not needed. As for where you're staying...once this wraps up you can find directions to the dorms, and your room number, at the exit. It's not far from here. Be sure not to get into any more fights along the way."

Spoiler

Now might be a good idea to work out who wants to room with who for the dorms. Of if you want an NPC to room with. Either is perfectly fine and I have plenty for everyone if need be.

The rooms will be "random" but if there's a preference that will come first.

You can continue to do interactions here as long as you want though.

Kansuke, now understanding what she meant, began to laugh. It started as a low, chuckling sound, but then it built rapidly into harsh, loud laughter, making him sound briefly like some kind of supervillain. "Train? Now? With you?" He laughed again, quieter but no less fierce or condescending.

When he calmed himself, he shook his head. "Sorry, but no chance, girl. Aside from the fact that I'd win easily, I'm not in the mood to." He brushed something off his chest and his shoulders again with another low chuckle, this one suppressed before he could start laughing. "On that note, I think I'm going to go try and 'friend up' some other people while this 'party' is still going. I'll gladly crush you another time though, if you're still down for it."

Erica glared at him, doing the best to hide how pissed she was right now. It was obvious how big of a hit to her ego it was, as well at the outright fact she felt dejected. Of course, she said nothing about it. After all, it would be all proven on the test field later. She simply looked at the people in the dance floor going, while she kept sipping her punch. She simply kept sipping at her punch and looking at all the people around. This was gonna be a very long night and she didn't feel like looking for a fight right now. However, she was still not gonna let the offense pass for long.

zK42sgC.png?1

Xa'tok simply nodded his head towards the head of the Steel Hounds house as she explained the situation. Of course he would not assault another student, without being given better reason than a random piece of discarded refuse thrown his way. It had not even hurt especially much when it impacted him, after all. Certainly it was less painful than the hold that his would-be assailant was placed in after he lashed out at her. It seemed that the warriors of these people were perhaps not so different from his own. That was a comforting realization for him. Even in this strange place, there were some things that did not change. Now, as she asked him if he had any questions, he had to pause and consider. He had several, but which ones did he think she could assist him with?

"To tell the truth," he began in a tone which sounded just a little more confident than he had previously, "I was wondering if I could get your unbiased opinion on something. I am not just here to learn to be a pilot, I am also enrolled in the...Naval Officer Preparatory Examinations I believe they are called. Since I intend to be both a pilot and a commander, I was wondering if you could suggest a house that would lend itself most readily to preparing me for that responsibility." It was a simple question, but he did not expect her to be unbiased. So the Chapayan braced himself to try and pick out the unabashed truths from the obvious biases. It was a challenge that he, in truth, welcomed.

hzxKAxh.png

"It's um... apology accepted. Just, try not to ask about it in the future. Alright?"

"Roger!" She'd be more mindful about asking those sorts of questions from now on! Luckily, everything was resolved without a physical confrontation. She'd hate to have that sort of thing on her record, let alone on her first day here! With the conflict resolved, Kellz and Stella turned their attention toward a different issue.

"Hey uh Kellz, you think we should go and figure out where we're staying now?"

"I dunno that sounds like something we're supposed to get told by the school or something doesn't it?"

"You would be correct." That was the vice principal! Did she see the little not-quite-scuffle Kellz and Vivian had? She wasn't in trouble, was she? "I appreciate your resolving of the situation. Many students could learn from you. I came here to stop a fight but it seems I am not needed. As for where you're staying...once this wraps up you can find directions to the dorms, and your room number, at the exit. It's not far from here. Be sure not to get into any more fights along the way."

"Oh, it was nothing, ma'am. If anything it's my responsibility to resolve the conflict without a fight since I kind of started it and all..." Maybe she said too much. "Be mindful of what you say to others" was the moral of the story from mere seconds ago, so it was probably best to clear up any ambiguities on that comment at the end. "Not on purpose of course!" If she kept talking it could have been troublesome. She'd have to just get going. Turning her attention back to the other girls, Vivian said "In any case, we should at least figure out where Stella's room is so we don't have to carry this stuff all day, right?"

As Kelsey had seemed to cool off, Stella was then jolted to a more stiff and alert posture as she heard the voice of the vice principal. Seeing the woman up close now, the intimidating aura that she had shown earlier was certainly on much fuller display before her. While the woman didn't actually seem  to be lecturing them, as thankfully Kelsey had backed off, it made Stella wary of what would happen if they did get into one. All the same, as the woman mentioned the situation with rooming, Stella simply nodded her head and said, "thank you ma'am. We won't."

With that done, the girl looked to the others, as Vivian had mentioned getting to Stella's room the girl simply nodded. "Yeah, let's see if we can't find out where we're staying." Stella was currently in a mood to be anywhere but here. She was never a party kind of person and the longer that she had stayed here not partying the more awkward she began to feel. Couple that with her torn bag, and that while the new girl Vivian had seemed to be nice and meant no ill will, Stella still felt decidedly uncomfortable around her. Thankfully, this was only going to have to last until she had gotten to her room, and then she would be able to hide in there for the time being. 

"Oh..." Was all that came out of Stella's mouth at the realization upon leaving the party. Her tone was at once defeated and resigned to her fate, as she had found that the overly enthusiastic girl that was helping carry her stuff was indeed roommates. She had been informed that the selection process had been random, and thus she hadn't expected to actually be roomed with Kelsey. Though it was a bit of a bitter realization, it was one she could accept as there was only currently one person she knew of that she was uncomfortable with the idea of being roommates with. And as fate would have it, in all of its all too common practical jokes, that would be her roommate for the time being. 

"Well uh, what are the odds, right?" After saying that to her now roommate she said, "guess we should head over and check it out then, right?" Looking to Kelsey, she asked, "want to come with?" Stella, figured that Kelsey would rather go look for her own room and roommate at the moment, and that she also probably hadn't cooled off entirely from earlier with the girl, yet Stella herself didn't want to be left to her own devices just yet. 

"I was wondering if I could get your unbiased opinion on something. I am not just here to learn to be a pilot, I am also enrolled in the...Naval Officer Preparatory Examinations I believe they are called. Since I intend to be both a pilot and a commander, I was wondering if you could suggest a house that would lend itself most readily to preparing me for that responsibility."

Kris hesitated before answering. She wanted to give a full and proper answer to the young man. Yet she knew that would mean having to be honest about both the pros and cons of each House. She decided to start with the obvious. "As much as I appreciate BOMB's helpful attitude I have to admit his house is right out for something of that sort. You'd need something more informative than his house usually provides. My own is full of pilots who are trying to be the best. We can provide you a team of members who try to learn tactics and teamwork. I will admit that many of them might not like another person besides myself trying to give orders....but we're the best as far as combat goes in the entire school!" She seemed somewhat uncomfortable continuing. "The Sun Lizards are er...rather social. Though they spend more time learning about other students than anything involving combat. In all honesty I think they're a rather whimsical group."

She looked back at where her fellow house leaders were and let out a sigh as she saw Merlin regaling several first year girls with some kind of energetic story. Returning her gaze to Xa'Tok she finished, "So if you're serious about your career I think there's only one real choice."

Kelsey muttered something unintelligible at the Vice Principal as she followed Stella.

When they found out their roommates, more specifically when Kelsey found out who Stella would be with, she felt downtrodden immediately. It wasn't as though she thought that they would be together, the rooms were given out at random, but she couldn't help but be disappointed. Sure she would be able to meet more people but it almost felt like she was leaving Stella behind.

Who would look after the awkward girl? And who would wake Kelsey up and make sure she didn't forget to get dressed again?

No. That wasn't how to think. She lived without Stella before. This would just be like back home. It wasn't a big deal. So she smiled at Stella and nodded. "Let's go check it out. Hopefully they're up to our high standards right?" With a wink she took the lead. The girl only barely glanced at her room number, and the name of her roommate, before going.

The building where the dorms were was abnormally tall and skinny. It was nearly a hundred floors tall yet only had a dozen doors each floor. Six on each side of a single, wide, hall, with an elevator at the end. The numbers on the doors started on 13, skipping the first twelve, and continued upwards from there.

As Stella and Vivian entered their rooms they'd find that the inside was perfectly cubic. With the ceiling being the same height as the width of the room. The moment they entered the lights turned on and a voice asked if they'd prefer it brighter or dimmer.

There weren't any beds but a panel on each side of the room opened up to reveal a hand scanner that, when used, would cause a bed to slide from out of the wall.

A pair of desks were set up near the singular window at the far end of the room and a sliding door on the side opened up into a rather cramped bathroom, complete with a similarly cramped shower.

And the walls, ceiling, and floors were entirely white.

"Kinda creepy isn't it?" Kelsey noted as she looked around.

Spoiler

Once people are done with the stuff at the dance feel free to head to your rooms. Be sure to decide on roommates or, at least, if you'd prefer NPC or PC.

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Information is how you win, I guess. I'm looking at House Bomb myself. Not out of the interest of making friends or having fun, but because the house head makes me wonder a bunch of things, like how he operates, what he's doing here to begin with, or what sort of mech a robot would pilot. Otherwise, I'd also be joining up with the Sun Lizards, even if Merlin rubs me the wrong way."

Chase gave off a small shrug. Guess to a certain extent, this was a good point. Knowing how things operate would be a good idea how to go about doing things as well. Then again, he really didn't want to go and deal with BOMB himself. After all, a robot piloting another robot? That would be just weird. Still, if it worked, who was he to judge.

"Guess that's a way to do things, I suppose." he said with another shrug. "Still, regardless of how Merlin is, the Sun Lizards might actually be beneficial to me in the long run. Cause my need to know how mechs work, what works with them, and how to build my own unique mech is everything I need right now."

Nevertheless, he looked around, before clearing his throat. "Hey, would love to continue talking, but I gotta at least get this cleaned as well as get something else to drink. So, maybe I'll see you around." And with that, Chase left with a smile and wave.

fccpSmd.png

"Guess that's a way to do things, I suppose. Still, regardless of how Merlin is, the Sun Lizards might actually be beneficial to me in the long run. Cause my need to know how mechs work, what works with them, and how to build my own unique mech is everything I need right now."

Uh-huh. You might be useful down the line. If you don't get old and die by then.

"Hey, would love to continue talking, but I gotta at least get this cleaned as well as get something else to drink. So, maybe I'll see you around."

And then he left. Just as well. Boring conversation anyway. It would probably be best to figure out where she was staying during her time here, in the meantime. And so, she made her way away from the party to do precisely that. As much as she wanted to hope she'd be able to spend her time here without a roommate, Sammi knew on some level that life wasn't that simple.

hzxKAxh.png

"Well uh, what are the odds, right?"

Was this what her parents called "an awkward situation"? It didn't feel all that awkward to Vivian. The odds were indeed, very, very low. Out of all the students in this school - and Vivian knew there were plenty of them - these two just so happened to get put in the same dorm. At least that meant she didn't have to introduce herself to her new roomie, because she'd already done that earlier! Vivian followed along the way, eager to see her new room! And when she got there...

"Kinda creepy isn't it?"

Aside from the room being hers (and Stella's of course), even Vivian wasn't sure how to compliment this place. The beds were cool, but it only served to make the dorm feel more robotic to her. "Yeah... it, uh... it definitely could do with some color. Even if it's just a little plant hanging from the ceiling or a butterfly in a jar." Were students allowed to paint the walls? Probably not. Some decoration would be a must, though! Oh, but Vivian hadn't brought any of her useless little doodads from home! Maybe a shopping trip was in order to buy some odds and ends to spruce up the place a bit. She had to admit, this room was  a little creepy. Hopefully a little love could fix that.

"So, welcome home I guess!" Vivian said, her positive tone back. "I'll do my best to be a good roommate while we're here."

Erica had not much else to do except to head to her room now, as the party seemed to be going to pretty late and she wanted to be up early. She left the ballroom and headed towards the dormitory. The place was strangely made, but she wasn't gonna question the shape. She took the elevator out of convenience as she simply didn't want to be too tired in the night. Once in the door of the room assigned to her, she decided to knock and see if her roommate had arrived. In the Finback, her roommate was a priest called Xa'tok... well, she called him a priest, but he used a term more in the veins of shaman. He was not conventional, but she could stand him. Now, she was sure a female was gonna be her roommate, so she hoped the school authorities didn't go full cliche and paired her with a happy-go-lucky girl... she shuddered at the memory of the last time that happened.

There was an old expression that when it rained, it poured. Going from the fight that started her afternoon, to nothing short of an awkward encounter with her new roommate, the fact that her room itself seemed to be something unsettling was really just the metaphorical cherry on top of this bad day of cake. Or something. Lifeless was probably the best word to describe the room before her, from the sterile color of the room to the lack of any semblance of decor. Even the beds, though they were built into the walls of the room, seemed to barely be apart of it. Looking back to Kelsey she muttered, "I...don't think it lived up to our standards, Kellz." 

The girl had as well, agreed with her new roommate about likely needing to do something about this place, but was taken aback by her sudden burst of positivity.  All the same, she said, "right. I um, I'll do my best as well. Yeah. I'm just gonna," the girl then went to put her bags down against the wall, a bit hesitantly about doing so as she wasn't sure if some strange robot was just going to appear to do something about it. "Right there. Good. So uh..." Stella looked to the other two and said, "I'm uh...I think I got enough of the room for now, you guys wanna go walk around the campus...Or something?"

"So, welcome home I guess!"

Something about that statement got on Kelsey's nerves. She didn't like thinking about this room being Stella's home. And the way Vivian said it just made it worse.

Kelsey wondered if maybe she needed to get something to eat. She was feeling grumpier than usual and it was starting to show in her body language. She avoided eye contact with the other two, slouched, and kept her hands in her pockets as she mulled things over.

"I'm uh...I think I got enough of the room for now, you guys wanna go walk around the campus...Or something?"

And then there was Stella with the save. Kelsey perked up at the mention of heading out. "Could use some food." She mentioned. "They really didn't have much besides snacks over there. Any idea what kinda grub is around?"

She suddenly remembered her own room and smacked her forehead. "Actually I probably should go check my own place out and make sure everything's fine there first. Maybe actually see who I'm rooming with. Kinda forgot what their name was to be honest." She looked at the two and considered asking them to come with. But with the mood she had fallen into she figured it'd be best to not drag them down. "You go on; call me when you've found a good place kay Stella?"

Kelsey started to head out then paused. "Hey, Vivian, here's my number. Just in case something happens you know? Keep an eye on her okay?" She waved and departed. Her room was a floor up so it wouldn't take long to reach it. She didn't know if her roommate would be inside waiting or if she'd have to wait around for them to show up. But she could at least try and unpack a few things while she waited.

She hoped Stella would be alright.

Important OOC

Spoiler

Okay so roommates are almost all confirmed now. Please make sure to post and get that settled soon. I'll be gone from Thursday to Sunday/Monday but will still be available via phone for much of that so any questions be sure to ask.

Rosha

Finally the party had ended and the students were given directions to their rooms as well as whom they would be rooming with. Rosha had taken only a cursory glance at the list of names, having not spent enough time around any single person in particular to remember their names she was only really able to recognize her own. Once she had the route to her room figured out, she gathered what few belongings she had and made her way through the facility.

The rooms they were given were stark and bare, with bleached white walls and simple beds laid bare with their sheets folded neatly on top. Unpacking and making her bed was a quick and easy process, and once she was done Rosha reached into her duffel bag and retrieved a pull-up bar that she promptly got to work fastening to the wall just above her bed. Once all of her work was done, she clambered up and let herself hang upside-down from the crook of her knees with a deep, satisfied sigh. Then, the door opened and in entered the one girl that kept beating her at that one electronic screen-game back on the ship.

"You?! You're my roommate?!" Rosha exclaimed with apparent surprise and just a hint of disgust.

Having finally hit his limit, Kansuke made his way off to his own room. Apparently he was rooming with someone named... Xa'tok...

He had no idea how to pronounce that.

Regardless, he made his way to where they would be rooming, hands in his pockets and his head rolled back with a sigh. It had been an emotionally exhausting day. Not something he had a lot of experience with. Physical exhaustion, even pain he could deal with. A good workout left you just the right kind of sore when you went to bed. But this? This was agony. He'd done nothing all day, even when he COULD have done something, because the timing wasn't right. He was BORED, god help him. There was no way he was going to survive this place if it didn't pick up soon.

Doubling back because he realized he'd walked entirely past his room, he unlocked it and stepped inside. It was a very minimalist space: small bunks, small desks, small bathroom, small shower.  Room for two people to sleep, bathe, study, and not much else. Compact. Simple. Military.

This he could work with.

Shrugging off his single bag of belongings, he set it on the chair of his chosen desk. Reaching in, he produced two smaller bags, one of which was in turn smaller than the other. Setting the smaller  on the desk and the larger back inside, he considered taking stock of his things. But he'd done it twice a day on the Finback, and twice already today. He had everything he owned in that bag... his whole life...

Kansuke got very quiet for a few minutes as he stared into that bag.

fccpSmd.png

Everything in these dorms was just so. The height, width, and depth were all equal. The white was uninterrupted. It was all in all what Sammi would call an ideal room. No flaws or imperfections, with only one exception...

It wasn't exclusively her room.

Indeed, as she could imagine was the case with just about any other student, Sammi was going to have a roommate. She'd checked the dorm listings earlier, and her roommate was to be some girl named Erica. She hadn't met anyone with that name aboard the Finback, but there were plenty of people on that ship she hadn't met, not to mention it wasn't like every student of this school got here on that thing. Luckily, Sammi was a light traveler, so unpacking her things wasn't that hard. She'd already claimed her side of the room, when she heard a knocking.

That better not be BOMB wanting to finish up his scan from earlier.

Sammi made for the door, opening it and giving the girl who stood before her a glance over. Red hair, brown eyes, the only thing even semi-remarkable about her was the goggles nestled atop her head. Perhaps a mechanic? As much as Sammi liked the idea of the convenience behind that, there were much bigger reasons that wouldn't work out in the long run.

"If you're here to hand out some sort of pamphlet, I'm not interested," Sammi curtly answered.

hzxKAxh.png

"Right. I um, I'll do my best as well. Yeah. I'm just gonna, right there. Good. So uh... I'm uh...I think I got enough of the room for now, you guys wanna go walk around the campus...Or something?"

Exploring the campus sounded fun. Just based on the wonder that was the auditorium and the not-so-wonder of her dorm room, Vivian was sure there was all sorts of sights to see around here! Setting down Stella's things that she'd been carrying up until now alongside the things she herself had also set down, along the wall, Vivian nodded in agreement. It seemed Kellz was up to something else - checking out her own drab room - but was interested in the types of food to be found on campus. That was something she hadn't even thought about! And then, the unexpected happened.

"Hey, Vivian, here's my number. Just in case something happens you know? Keep an eye on her okay?"

"Roger!" Vivian wasted no time adding the number to her contacts list. She'd have to get Stella's number too, even more importantly than the one for Kellz since the two were going to be roommates and all. Leading the way out of the room after the girl with the prosthetic arm had left, Vivian pondered aloud "Do you think they have all kinds of food here? It's an impressive school so that wouldn't be a stretch, right? LIke hamburgers! And bacon! Or um, hmmm... mutton?"

People still ate that, right?

"Are hamburgers any good?" she asked. That seemed like a much more appropriate question than the last one she'd asked Stella.