The Chayncemaniac

Single Smackdown

Country Single Smackdown  

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which song is your favorite?

• Defenseless by Kirk Jay
    • Broken Hearts by Chevel Shepherd
    • Human by Chris Kroeze

What's up guys (and girls), I'm trying something new out. Single Smackdown is something a YouTuber I watch frequently has started doing since the beginning of this year, and I thought I'd try it out for myself but make some changes so the way I do it isn't exactly the way they do it. I will find 3 singles in country music, post them here, and give my thoughts about each of them... then YOU will vote on which of the three is your favorite! It won't be each week, unless I hear some singles that catch my ear. But here's the catch, whichever one from the previous thread has the most votes by the time I post the next thread will face two new songs and you will decide between those 3 songs! Hopefully this goes over really well! Here are the first 3 singles in Single Smackdown!

Defenseless by Kirk Jay

I LOVE Kirk Jay's voice, especially with this song. It's a love song basically saying that when he's around her his guard is down, leaving him defenseless. The imagery of a "hollowed out sycamore looking for lightning in Texas" is absolutely gorgeous and scary at the same time because a dried out hollowed out sycamore tree will not survive lightning anywhere.

Broken Hearts by Chevel Shepherd

If you didn't keep up with the show, you wouldn't know (until this post) that Chevel Shepherd is only 16! Such a beautiful song and a message that makes you think... what if we were born with broken hearts? And somebody else has the other part... just wow!

Human by Chris Kroeze

The song that hit me like a Mack Truck when I first heard it... Great GREAT message about how we shouldn't want to be something or someone we aren't but we only do it because we are Human.