Sign in to follow this  
SecondSeraphim

Armed Dragon Support

Ebony Armed Dragon R3 DARK/Dragon/R3             1200/900

2 Level 3 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card using an “Armed Dragon LV3” as the only Xyz Material. Cannot be used as Material for an Xyz Summon during the turn it was Xyz Summoned, except by the effect of a “Rank-Up-Magic” card. During your Main Phase, you can; destroy a monster your opponent controls whose ATK is equal to or less than the number of materials on this card x 600, then detach a material from this card. If this card is destroyed by battle or by an opponent’s card effect, you can Special Summon an “Armed Dragon LV5” from your hand or Deck.

Ebony Armed Dragon R5               DARK/Dragon/R5             2400/1700

3 Level 5 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card using an “Armed Dragon LV5” or “Ebony Armed Dragon R3” as the only Xyz Material (Transfer its materials to this card). Cannot be used as Material for an Xyz Summon during the turn it was Xyz Summoned, except by the effect of a “Rank-Up-Magic” card. During your Main Phase, you can; destroy a monster your opponent controls whose ATK is equal to or less than the number of materials on this card x 800, then detach a material from this card. If this card is destroyed by battle or by an opponent’s card effect, you can Special Summon an “Armed Dragon LV7” from your hand or Deck (this is treated as a Special Summon by the effect of Armed Dragon LV5).

Ebony Armed Dragon R7               DARK/Dragon/R7             2800/1000

4 Level 7 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card using an “Armed Dragon LV7” or “Ebony Armed Dragon R5” as the only Xyz Material (Transfer its materials to this card.) During your Main Phase, you can; destroy all monsters your opponent controls whose ATK is equal to or less than the number of materials on this card x 700, then detach a material from this card. If this card is destroyed by battle or by an opponent’s card effect, you can Special Summon an “Armed Dragon LV10” from your hand or Deck (this is treated as a Special Summon by Tributing an “Armed Dragon LV7”).

Rank-Up-Magic – LV UP!              Quick-play Spell

Activate one of the following effects:

·         Target an “Ebony Armed Dragon” monster you control; Xyz Summon an “Ebony Armed Dragon” monster 2 Ranks higher than that monster using it as the Xyz Material, then attach this card to it as Xyz Material.

·         Target an “Armed Dragon LV” monster you control; Tribute it and Special Summon a monster from your hand or Deck that lists the Tributed monster in its card text. This is treated as a Special Summon conducted according to the conditions listed on the Summoned monster.

Shadow of the Armed Dragon                    DARK/Dragon/LV10        3000/0

Cannot be Summoned or Set. You can discard this card; add an “Armed Dragon” monster, other than “Shadow of the Armed Dragon” from your Deck to your hand. If you Special Summon an “Armed Dragon” monster, you can add this card from your GY to your hand. If this card is discarded to activate the effect of a Dragon monster, the opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the activation. You can only activate each effect of “Shadow of the Armed Dragon” once per turn.

Aura of the Armed Dragon                          Quick-play Spell

Target an “Armed Dragon” monster you control and an “Armed Dragon” monster in your GY. That monster you control gains ATK equal to half the ATK of that monster in your GY, until the end of the turn. If that monster you control destroys an opponent’s monster this turn (by battle or effect), you can shuffle that monster in your GY into your Deck; draw a card.      

Edited by SecondSeraphim

Hey there,

LV monsters have always been my favorite ever since I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh all those years ago. Glad someone else is trying to make them some support. Now for my critiques.

The effects of the Xyz monsters seem mostly fine. I can see a few instances where the text could lead to questionable timing/confusing situations but nothing that breaks the cards. Those seem more like nitpicks to me, so I won’t waste time writing about it.

The effect of the Rank-Up Magic card is also fine but in my opinion, it’s a bit bland. Pre-Arc V RUM cards always had interesting and strange effects that would allow players to Summon extremely powerful monsters provided the one who played it payed a price or fulfilled some exclusive conditions. Your simply looks like an upgraded Level Up! That would only affect Armed Dragons. Although nothing is wrong with that, I’m not a fan.

I have mixed feelings about Shadow of the Armed Dragon. I totally get what you were going for but I think it’s entirely too strong since you can just bring it back to your hand for no cost anytime you Summon an Armed Dragon (including Hardened Armed Dragon). That card is never dead and both its effect can be activated during the same turn without any consequence. That’s bound to pose problems. I know Armed Dragon aren’t really powerful right now but such cards can be used as engine in the future by some bright duelist that is way smarter than myself, and I don’t like that.

Once again for Aura of the Armed Dragon, I think I know what you were going for but considering the current state of the Metagame, I think that card is really underpowered to be used with an archetype that is as inconsistent as Armed Dragons. In my opinion, when designing a card that would only affect Battles, don’t be too afraid to go crazy (as long as your card does not guarantee a consistent OTK).

Also, I would be very interested leaning about your inspiration/possible storyline that would have influenced the design of your cards. If you feel like it, do feel free to post it.