Site Donations (?)

Introduce a Community Donation feature  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Introduce a community donation feature

• Yes
    • Yes (w/ Rewards)
    • No

Good afternoon all,

Hopefully, everyone is using the site well and things are going smoothly, I mentioned this to the staff team a little while back and the general consensus is that they didn't have any issues with it but it was a good idea to get the rest of the site's opinion on this.

Now I want to clarify that there isn't a risk of the site going down, the site is funded for just fine and I can afford to keep the site together, that being said it is solely funded by me, which includes the google advertisements and website upkeep - In total this equals around £65 a month, roughly $84 dollars (current conversion values)

Now I'm by no means rich so that's not exactly a small amount of funds to be handing out myself, I'm willing to continue to pay for this for the foreseeable future so please do not concern yourself if you feel the site isn't being funded for, I'm employed full time so I can afford this but of course this is a "community" so some people might want to chip in.

I've attached a poll to this thread to get the sites general feeling on the addition of a donation button but again I want this to be something the community is happy with me doing, this place is not about the income of cash - which is the key factor.

Let me know your thoughts below and in the poll.

Torm

A donations feature of some sort would be nice. Not sure if it should have rewards tied to it or not (maybe?), but the feature itself is certainly a good idea. Surely there are people within the site who don't mind parting with X amount of money to make the load a bit lighter on the upkeep costs for that month. I'd be one myself, but I haven't exactly been in a position to make those types of donations ^_^;

Can I pretend I'm at a strip club throwing money at you?

Edited by Thar

I personally don't have a stable income so I couldn't commit to any kind of donation, but it's obvious some people here are committed enough that they would be willing to make either a one-off or a recurring donation, especially if there were some perks for doing so. A permanent Donator award, even if you just give £5 once, should be a minimum.